06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Just got this in my email.

---------------------------------------------------------
My name is Mrs.Betty Lawson I was diagnosed
of cancer 2 years ago, I have decided to donate
the sum of $5.5 million to you for the good work
of the lord.Contact my lawyer with this email
Peter J. Wallace.
peterthelaw0146@gmail.com (http://us.mc316.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=peterthelaw0146@gmail.com)
Quote my personal reference number tsd/08/ikg/91
I wish you all the best and may the good
Lord bless you abundantly, and please use the
funds well and always extend the good work to
others I don't know you but I have been directed
to do this. Thanks and God bless.
Regards,
Betty Lawson
-------------------------------------------------------

I really like the email address for her lawyer.

Rooster
06-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Sounds legit. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Betty is my granmama. Take the money. She doesn't want me to have it.

milkman
06-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Betty is my granmama. Take the money. She doesn't want me to have it.

I didn't know that you knew your granmama's name.

I don't remember ever telling you or your mother her name.

Frazod
06-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I love the email address - "peterthelaw." Yeah, I'll bet Pete's got a booming practice. LMAO

Amnorix
06-10-2009, 09:12 AM
The next step, apparently:

Peter James Wallace <pjwesq1959@yahoo.com.hk>
X-Originating-IP: 41.194.55.36, South Africa, telkom-ipnet.co.za
Return-Path: <pjwesq1959@yahoo.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008
Subject: God Bless You!!

Attention:
Your email has been received and the contents understood, Mrs.Traywick did in fact engage my firm's services in securing requisite documents on your behalf to enable you withdraw her funds presently lodged in a finance/security company abroad which she has willed to you in anticipation that you will use the funds judiciously for the good of others.

My job is to ensure you have all the legal backings to withdraw the funds bequeathed to you by Mrs.Traywick therefore note that the details you received from her(Qe/yr/088/51/wsa/ld) was a probing move to establish contact, because I am sure you know as well as I do that most people would snatch at the offer considering the large amount involved and also since the disbursement of this fund would be entirely in the hands of the claimant. For this reason she felt that after our initial communication I should be able to determine if we can proceed based on certain indices as well as intuitive feeling I would deduce.I shall undertake to collate relevant details with regards to the funds withdrawal process.( this will include the original deposit certificate issued by the finance house when her funds were deposited,{you will need to present this at the financial institute where the funds are presently lodged, and I will find it no imposition to assist you when that time comes.} Power of attorney and her will ) The relevant documents which include the power of attorney must be completed with pertinent information from you, these will include the following:

Full names
Address
Country of origin
Sex
Date of birth
Direct telephone & fax numbers
Occupation

Once you send the above details I shall draft the power of attorney and send you a copy for your use alongside the finance/security firm's contact details, so you can make the funds withdrawal. please note that all paper works to gain you access to her funds which you are specifically to put to charitable use will be given you by me and all monies to do this paper work has already been settled

It is very important you keep this confidential as Mrs. Traywick has requested your utmost confidentiality in this matter due to reactions which could arise from her relatives who has plundered her wealth to their selfish interest.

Please respond promptly to enable me carry out my legal obligations to you and Mrs.Traywick.

Regards,
Barr. P. J. W
Attorney at Law

http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=9497

That website also has some variants posted.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
The next step, apparently:

Peter James Wallace <pjwesq1959@yahoo.com.hk>
X-Originating-IP: 41.194.55.36, South Africa, telkom-ipnet.co.za
Return-Path: <pjwesq1959@yahoo.com.hk>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008
Subject: God Bless You!!

Attention:
Your email has been received and the contents understood, Mrs.Traywick did in fact engage my firm's services in securing requisite documents on your behalf to enable you withdraw her funds presently lodged in a finance/security company abroad which she has willed to you in anticipation that you will use the funds judiciously for the good of others.

My job is to ensure you have all the legal backings to withdraw the funds bequeathed to you by Mrs.Traywick therefore note that the details you received from her(Qe/yr/088/51/wsa/ld) was a probing move to establish contact, because I am sure you know as well as I do that most people would snatch at the offer considering the large amount involved and also since the disbursement of this fund would be entirely in the hands of the claimant. For this reason she felt that after our initial communication I should be able to determine if we can proceed based on certain indices as well as intuitive feeling I would deduce.I shall undertake to collate relevant details with regards to the funds withdrawal process.( this will include the original deposit certificate issued by the finance house when her funds were deposited,{you will need to present this at the financial institute where the funds are presently lodged, and I will find it no imposition to assist you when that time comes.} Power of attorney and her will ) The relevant documents which include the power of attorney must be completed with pertinent information from you, these will include the following:

Full names
Address
Country of origin
Sex
Date of birth
Direct telephone & fax numbers
Occupation

Once you send the above details I shall draft the power of attorney and send you a copy for your use alongside the finance/security firm's contact details, so you can make the funds withdrawal. please note that all paper works to gain you access to her funds which you are specifically to put to charitable use will be given you by me and all monies to do this paper work has already been settled

It is very important you keep this confidential as Mrs. Traywick has requested your utmost confidentiality in this matter due to reactions which could arise from her relatives who has plundered her wealth to their selfish interest.

Please respond promptly to enable me carry out my legal obligations to you and Mrs.Traywick.

Regards,
Barr. P. J. W
Attorney at Law

http://antifraudintl.org/showthread.php?t=9497

That website also has some variants posted.

Make up some fake information and then send it to him.

Frazod
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Looks like South Africa is muscling in on Nigeria's territory.

The bastards.

Mr. Plow
06-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Make up some fake information and then send it to him.

Nah. Go with real info. That makes it better.

Baby Lee
06-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Nah. Go with real info. That makes it better.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2009-04-29/news/master-baiter-richard-kinsella-is-reeling-in-west-african-e-mail-hucksters-one-scammer-at-a-time/

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I wonder how many church goers will fall for that.

journeyscarab
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Frankline Moore has sent you a message on Frankline Moore

Hello Dear,

After waited and no response was heard, I deposited and also paid for the delivery fee of your $1.5Million US Dollars, as consignment box to FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY in Lagos-Nigeria because os my trip to London on a visit you can reach me on +448700111740.

I am on a visit to a friend and will not come back till Dec, 2009. I will want you to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY to know when they will be delivering your consignment. I have paid for the delivery charges and also the insurance fee, the only fee you will have to pay them is the monthly demurrage fee which they would pay the security department that are guarding your consignment since the date of deposit. But if you will be very fast in contacting them, you will be charged only one month demurrage fee. So i urge you to contact them as soon as you receive this email.
CONTACT: Dr. Charles Okoye MANAGER, FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY.

E-mail: fediscltd@web2mail.com
Phone: -234-7068583303

Try to contact him as soon as possible to avoid increase in demurrage fee. I gave them your delivery address but you have to reconfirm it to them again to avoid any mistakes in the delivery of your fund.
Reconfirm below information to the company.
Your Full Name-----------------------
Your Address-------------------------
Home Telephone-----------------------
Office Telephone---------------------

Note: You are to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY MANAGER via the email. Finally indicate this code: GM0081 when contacting them, it will identify that you are the owner of the $1.5Million consignment trunk box deposited in the company. Do let me know as soon as you receive your consignment and take a proper account of the content, and see that it contains the fund

Regards,

Mr. Frankline Moore.