PDA

View Full Version : Football Nick Montana Chooses College

Otter
06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=954354

Four-star quarterback Nick Montana (6-3, 186, 4.6) from Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian made one school very happy Tuesday night as he has made his college decision.

Montana had plenty of options as he had offers from the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Florida State, Maryland, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

But in the end, it was a Pac-10 program that got the commitment.

"Nick committed to Washington tonight," Oaks Christian coach Bill Redell said. "I think Nick made a great decision, and I think his family is happy with the decision."

The decision can be traced to the efforts of Washington's head coach. Montana had just taken an unofficial visit to Seattle this past weekend.
"Steve Sarkisian did a great job recruiting him," Redell said. "Getting Nick is great for the future of the Washington program.

"Not only do the Huskies get a great quarterback in Nick. But they get a great family, too."

Montana is the son of NFL legend Joe Montana. As a junior, Montana threw for 2,404 yards and 33 touchdowns.

"In Nick, the Huskies get a quarterback with outstanding leadership skills," Redell said. "He is very poised, nothing rattles him. He is extremely calm under fire."

Montana earned newcomer of the year, first-team all-CIF, first-team all-county, first-team all-state and first-team all-league after completing 55 percent of his passes as a junior. He can make plays with his feet and had three rushing touchdowns to his credit.

Landing Montana is a good beginning for the Sarkisian era of Husky football.

Montana is the ninth known commitment for the Huskies and the most decorated player in their class. UDub also has a pledge from four-star defensive tackle Sione Potoae, but recently the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder has been looking at other schools.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Who?

Old Dog
06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Joes' kid

Otter
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Who?

Read the article ass clown

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Fucking Washington? Are you serious? He should've come to the Irish and followed in his father's footsteps.

Otter
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
****ing Washington? Are you serious? He should've come to the Irish and followed in his father's footsteps.

Kind of why I thougth the article was interesting. If he plans on going to the NFL Washington seems like a pretty poor choice. Of course I didn't see Michigan or SCU on that list.

http://www.uhnd.com/blog/2008/nfl-irish/nine-colleges-dominate-nfl-rosters/

The following are the elite nine (number of players in the league): Miami (50), Ohio State (48), Georgia (47), Florida State (44), Michigan (43), Tennessee (40), Notre Dame (39), Florida (38) and LSU (35).

The weakest conferences are clearly the Big 12 and the Big East. Even with fewer conference teams than the Big 12, the Big Ten and Pacific Ten have a decided advantage in NFL players. As for the eight team Big East, they send less than three players to the league for every one that Notre Dame sends.

What kind of offense does Washington run?

milkman
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Kind of why I thougth the article was interesting. If he plans on going to the NFL Washington seems like a pretty poor choice. Of course I didn't see Michigan or SCU on that list.

The following are the elite nine (number of players in the league): Miami (50), Ohio State (48), Georgia (47), Florida State (44), Michigan (43), Tennessee (40), Notre Dame (39), Florida (38) and LSU (35).

Recently hired Steve Sarkisian is the former OC for USC, so I would expect it to be a pro set similar to the Trojans.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Read the article ass clownI'm sorry. Maybe i should of said "Who ... the fuck cares" to express my feelings more correctly.

Frosty
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM

The "Hurl and Chuck".

CoMoChief
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Somewhere Gary Pinkel is shaking his head

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 11:56 AM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

:harumph:

Otter
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Recently hired Steve Sarkisian is the former OC for USC, so I would expect it to be a pro set similar to the Trojans.

That would make sense and a good fresh start for both. I'll have to read up on that during down time.

Thx

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
:harumph:

:spock: PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ ;)

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
:spock: PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ ;)

ROFL:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Frazod
06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Hope he does better than Walter Payton's kid.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
This is the exact kick in the ass the UW program needed. It has been a decade since I've been this excited about Husky football.

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Eh, there's always a pretty long line of QBs at Notre Dame. He probably wants to start right away (or next year at the latest).

Of course, considering his name, he probably could have figured out a way to climb to the starting spot quickly.

Frosty
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Exactly. I'm not too worried, especially since we get Jake Locker for another couple of years. LMAO

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Eh, there's always a pretty long line of QBs at Notre Dame. He probably wants to start right away (or next year at the latest).

Of course, considering his name, he probably could have figured out a way to climb to the starting spot quickly.

He could have come in and sat behind Clausen for a year....and then beat out Crist next year.

DaneMcCloud
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Who cares about him - where is his sister attending?

:dom:

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Awww, i think i hurt Otter's feelings. His mangina is bleeding all over the neg rep he gave me. ROFL

Otter
06-10-2009, 01:22 PM

Not a high bar to set, he should be ok.

SNR
06-10-2009, 02:13 PM
MontanaNextTuiasosopo

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:33 PM
What an idiot, Washington is a joke of a program. I read an interview that said Joe does not like Charlie Weis, so that may have been another factor.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
What an idiot, Washington is a joke of a program. I read an interview that said Joe does not like Charlie Weis, so that may have been another factor.

No one likes Charlie Weis.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM
No one likes Charlie Weis.

Another failure after falling of the BB tree branch.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM

They haven't always been a joke of a program, and they are pretty apparently trying to regain some of their lost glory. They've made some good moves, and those good moves are making more good moves. I'm looking forward to being able to compete with Ohio State again past the 3rd quarter.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Another failure after falling of the BB tree branch.

I'm a huge Notre Dame fan....have been since I was a little kid and I really can't stand Weis. The dude can't make up his mind on what the fuck he wants to do. He'll run the offense and then give it to someone else...only to take it back again.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
They haven't always been a joke of a program, and they are pretty apparently trying to regain some of their lost glory. They've made some good moves, and those good moves are making more good moves. I'm looking forward to being able to compete with Ohio State again past the 3rd quarter.

They will lose, I don't care if they compete until one minute left as long as they still loose. What have they done since the Rose Bowl in 2001?

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm a huge Notre Dame fan....have been since I was a little kid and I really can't stand Weis. The dude can't make up his mind on what the **** he wants to do. He'll run the offense and then give it to someone else...only to take it back again.

ND has definetely had a rough go of things, I wonder how long till tubby gets the boot.

alpha_omega
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Gotta be tough being the son of a legend.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 02:45 PM
ND has definetely had a rough go of things, I wonder how long till tubby gets the boot.

I'm under the assumption that this is his last year to do something. If he fucks up royally this year....he's gone. Then they'll offer the job to Gruden and we'll continue to suck for 3 years after that.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Yep. Many a legends kids have failed trying to fill their parents shoes.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm under the assumption that this is his last year to do something. If he ****s up royally this year....he's gone. Then they'll offer the job to Gruden and we'll continue to suck for 3 years after that.

I just hate seeing Weis and his 500lb body waddling around like a penguin.

Skip Towne
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
He went with Sarkisian? Mangino is clearly fatter.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
They will lose, I don't care if they compete until one minute left as long as they still loose. What have they done since the Rose Bowl in 2001?

Dude, we've won 1 game in the last 2 years. I'm not here to say that they have the national power standing that they used to have. They're no Ohio State. I concede that.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
He went with Sarkisian? Mangino is clearly fatter.

I'd love to see Mangino and Weis battle it out in a cage.

El Jefe
06-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Dude, we've won 1 game in the last 2 years. I'm not here to say that they have the national power standing that they used to have. They're no Ohio State. I concede that.

I was just stating, not really arguing. Plus anytime I say anything about us, DaKCMan AP, will be by shortly to tell me how Florida owns ALL!!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
I was just stating, not really arguing. Plus anytime I say anything about us, DaKCMan AP, will be by shortly to tell me how Florida owns ALL!!

Probably my fault. Outside of the Chiefs, Husky football is my only other true sports passion. Do you know how it feels to be a football fan for me these days? :spock: LMAO :Lin: LMAO :eek: LMAO :Lin:

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Probably my fault. Outside of the Chiefs, Husky football is my only other true sports passion. Do you know how it feels to be a football fan for me these days? :spock: LMAO :Lin: LMAO :eek: LMAO :Lin:

Welcome to my world as a Chiefs and Fighting Irish fan.

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2009, 04:57 PM

Yeah,just ask Jack Elway