PDA

View Full Version : KSU KSU athletic department continues to implode

mikeyis4dcats.
06-10-2009, 03:57 PM
WTF.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/updates/story/847623.html

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Looks like a couple more guys got caught being naughty.

pikesome
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Maybe I'm being dense, but what happened? I missed any mention of this "buyout" thing.

Someone got a Cliff notes version?

mikeyis4dcats.
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Maybe I'm being dense, but what happened? I missed any mention of this "buyout" thing.

I like your orange hat.

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Mammoth_cave_canyon.jpg/300px-Mammoth_cave_canyon.jpg

:thumb:

pikesome
06-10-2009, 05:11 PM
You following me with a camera? :)

I guess my goal to spend less time on CP has worked a bit too well.

kstater
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Eh, at least it's not NCAA violations like some schools.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Eh, at least it's not NCAA violations like some schools.

thank god we didn't hire kiffin

leviw
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM

November - KSU buys out football coach Ron Prince's contract, valued at $1.2 million.

January - KSU athletic director Bob Krause, university nimrod who was appointed by outgoing president Jon Wefald to be a bridge between former AD Tim Weiser and a TBD AD they would hire in the future, resigns.

April - While doing some spring cleaning, KSU administrators uncover a "secret" contract between Prince and Krause that would pay Prince an additional $3.2 million between 2015 and 2020. Krause resigns from his other KSU position as director of the Olathe campus. KSU sues Prince's corporation, which the money was scheduled to go to.

April-TBD - Mass chaos.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
???

"Athletic director John Currie told The Associated Press the decision to suspend Jim Epps and Bob Cavello was not the result of any concerns of misconduct by either man."

pikesome
06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
November - KSU buys out football coach Ron Prince's contract, valued at $1.2 million.

January - KSU athletic director Bob Krause, university nimrod who was appointed by outgoing president Jon Wefald to be a bridge between former AD Tim Weiser and a TBD AD they would hire in the future, resigns.

April - While doing some spring cleaning, KSU administrators uncover a "secret" contract between Prince and Krause that would pay Krause an additional $3.2 million between 2015 and 2020. Krause resigns from his other KSU position as director of the Olathe campus. KSU sues Prince's corporation, which the money was scheduled to go to.

April-TBD - Mass chaos.

So Prince is paying Krause for hiring him? Allegedly? Am I reading this right?

If so, then damn, that's some shady, shady dealing.

Saulbadguy
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
???

"Athletic director John Currie told The Associated Press the decision to suspend Jim Epps and Bob Cavello was not the result of any concerns of misconduct by either man."

Windsprints.

ChiTown
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
“Earlier this afternoon, I informed Jim Epps and Bob Cavello of my decision to place them on administrative leave with pay until further notice. This decision is not based upon any concerns about misconduct on the part of either individual. As is practice with personnel matters, we will have no further comment at this time."

leviw
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
So Prince is paying Krause for hiring him? Allegedly? Am I reading this right?

If so, then damn, that's some shady, shady dealing.

No, I wrote that wrong. Krause would pay Prince. Sorry. But yes, still shady.

pikesome
06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
No, I wrote that wrong. Krause would pay Prince. Sorry. But yes, still shady.

Where would this money have come from? KSU? Krause's wife's checkbook?

leviw
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Where would this money have come from? KSU? Krause's wife's checkbook?

All great questions. There aren't answers.