PDA

View Full Version : Life Date advice.

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
OK. Couple of questions...

I recently was "setup" with a girl who I have known for the last 2-3 months but never hung out much. Now, we have hung out 2-3 times very informally at the local pub since then... She mentioned on the last occasion that she has never fired a gun, so I have offered to take her to the range this week.

#1 Would this qualify as a date and if so, I should probably work dinner into the plans correct?

#2 They rent guns at the place we are going... besides a .22, what would be a good starter gun (she is a very small girl). I am thinkin a .38 should be fine. (.32/7.65mm would be perfect but last I checked they didn't have any)

Just an FYI.. I am not a social retard but this whole "setup" thing has me thrown a little off... doesn't feel very natural yet... but the girl is too nice and far too good looking to not give a shot.

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Did she jump at the chance to go shooting with you....or did she have to check her schedule?

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Did she jump at the chance to go shooting with you....or did she have to check her schedule?
Jumped.

seclark
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
#1. yes, yes

#2. let her pick her own gun

sec

Pestilence
06-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Jumped.

Then yes....it's a date.

Let her pick her own gun.......

cdcox
06-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I'd say the ball is in your court. If you want to find out where you stand with her, include dinner in the plans, make it clear that you consider it a date, and see how she reacts. The longer you keep the relationship ambiguous, the more you are heading for the friend zone. Of course I am the worst possible person this side of Claython to take dating advice from.

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
#1. yes, yes

#2. let her pick her own gun

sec

#2- She asked me to pick for her "something that won't knock me down" She knows ZERO about guns, so i am gonna be picking whether I like it or not. I'll be shooting a Kimber .45 and let her try it if she wants... but for her.. here is a partial list of what is available.

http://www.redsguns.com/rentalguns.html

seclark
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM
#2- She asked me to pick for her "something that won't knock me down" She knows ZERO about guns, so i am gonna be picking whether I like it or not. I'll be shooting a Kimber .45 and let her try it if she wants... but for her.. here is a partial list of what is available.

start her w/a .22 then, and if she gets in to it, let her move up.
you gonna kiss her?
sec

Bowser
06-10-2009, 04:19 PM

If she doesn't show up looking fantastic and smelling great, get her a .44 Magnum to shoot. :D

kstater
06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
You're looking at this wrong. You don't pick a gun that's her size, you pick a gun where you can help her shoot it. Get behind her and help hold it for her.

Bowser
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM
You're looking at this wrong. You don't pick a gun that's her size, you pick a gun where you can help her shoot it. Get behind her and help hold it for her.

"here, come have a seat....."

KC native
06-10-2009, 04:21 PM

Get a .40. My wife had never fired a gun before I took her to a range. She hated the 9 mm bc she wasn't accurate (she's kind of competitive). I let her have the .40 and she loved it. She was accurate and it wasn't too strong for her (which is good because she's not very strong).

Edit:after looking at the list go with the sig .40

KC native
06-10-2009, 04:23 PM

This hence my reco of a .40. You can start to help her and then when she gets the hang of it, she can shoot it herself and do well (boost her ego, take her to dinner and then bang haha double entendre).

Rausch
06-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd say go to the range and see how that goes. You have a good time and she seems into it you can always say "Well, I had a good time. Would you like to have dinner or do you already have plans?"

JOhn
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Sure sounds like a "date" to me. I would work dinner into the plans, then maybe if all works well you gun let her try your "gun":evil:

Sorry, for some reason my advice always goes thereLMAO

the Talking Can
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
stick a finger in her butt and pay close attention to her facial expressions...

Scorp
06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
9 mm doesn't kick hardly at all. That is probably the biggest i would give her.

Rain Man
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
First you take her to the range. Then you take her out to the park and shoot some squirrels, and then you cook them and have them for dinner together since it's not right to waste a good squirrel. It's a nice natural flow of events.

Did I ever mention that I grew up in southern Missouri?

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
you gonna kiss her?
sec

I am guessing that will be up to her. Would I like to? Have I mentioned that this girl is hot?

Rain Man
06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I am guessing that will be up to her. Would I like to? Have I mentioned that this girl is hot?

You'll have a gun, for crying out loud.

stumppy
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM

I suggest he makes his move before she gets a gun in her hands.

Rain Man
06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I suggest he makes his move before she gets a gun in her hands.

Yeah, that's good advice. You have to get the drop on her.

wild1
06-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Most women can handle a 9mm or a .38 without any problem.

What I would do: Start her on a .22 to learn the basic operation, and compliment her on what a good shot she is. Then you can crank the fun up by giving her a 9mm, which is still easy to shoot but will feel massive. She'll have a blast.

Rain Man
06-10-2009, 04:56 PM
If the gun date goes well, maybe next time you can take her to a brass knuckles expo. That's much more intimate.

KC native
06-10-2009, 04:59 PM
9 mm doesn't kick hardly at all. That is probably the biggest i would give her.

It doesn't kick but for an inexperienced shooter it's much more difficult to be accurate.

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Ok, that is funny stuff...

KC native
Most women can handle a 9mm or a .38 without any problem.

What I would do: Start her on a .22 to learn the basic operation, and compliment her on what a good shot she is. Then you can crank the fun up by giving her a 9mm, which is still easy to shoot but will feel massive. She'll have a blast.

My wifey shoots the .40 much better than the 9 mm. I thought that was odd but after talking to the range guys they said it was quite common and said the .40 was easier to shoot.

Delano
Pics or GTFO.

Gonzo
06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Dude... seriously? You're asking these amatures? I've been with my wife for 15 yrs. here's what u do.

Take her to the range. Start out with a 22 or a 28. Flirt a bit and let her try different guns.

Then you get in the car and ask her if she wants dinner. WHeN she says yes, you'll already have reservations and a nice restaurant. That is hella suave...
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Pics or GTFO.

Suprised it took this long... she is posted in a couple other threads... but too lazy to link so will repost.

Fire Me Boy!
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Feel her boobies.

JASONSAUTO
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
give her the .45 and help her at first, i'm sure she can handle it, we went shooting this weekend and my wife shot my hk .45 with no problems and the judge with #4s in it no problems either. before that it was .22 for her, well she shot a tech 9 a couple of times too

Skip Towne
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Suprised it took this long... she is posted in a couple other threads... but too lazy to link so will repost.

Isn't that the girl you were dangling in front of Claythan?

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Isn't that the girl you were dangling in front of Claythan?

Quite observant, yep she is the StarWars/scifi fan.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 05:55 PM
"here, come have a seat....."

It's my dick in yer box!

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Set her up with the biggest gun and then make sure you stand behind and spot her. Ease the tension, Happy Gilmore style.

stumppy
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I wonder how long it will be before some of the keyboard Romeos' on here start posting about how she wouldn't meet their minimum standards.

wild1
06-10-2009, 06:03 PM
She's cute.

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
She's cute.

She is actually WAY WAY cuter in person...

AustinChief
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder how long it will be before some of the keyboard Romeos' on here start posting about how she wouldn't meet their minimum standards.

Ha, well, luckily, none of them have to go on a date with her... so I guess it only matters if she meets my standards.. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
She is actually WAY WAY cuter in person...

You know a great way to raise money for the site is to auction off nude photos of some Austin hotties. I know you have plenty of access. Hook a brutha up!

luv
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM

I recently was "setup" with a girl who I have known for the last 2-3 months but never hung out much. Now, we have hung out 2-3 times very informally at the local pub since then... She mentioned on the last occasion that she has never fired a gun, so I have offered to take her to the range this week.

#1 Would this qualify as a date and if so, I should probably work dinner into the plans correct?

#2 They rent guns at the place we are going... besides a .22, what would be a good starter gun (she is a very small girl). I am thinkin a .38 should be fine. (.32/7.65mm would be perfect but last I checked they didn't have any)

Just an FYI.. I am not a social retard but this whole "setup" thing has me thrown a little off... doesn't feel very natural yet... but the girl is too nice and far too good looking to not give a shot.

Now why would you feel the need for this disclaimer? :p

58-4ever
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
You've been good at posting pics lately AustinChief. Pictures would be very helpful in this situation.

58-4ever
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
You've been good at posting pics lately AustinChief. Pictures would be very helpful in this situation.

Nevermind... I should try reading the whole thread.

Halfcan
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Just don't fire blanks-hee hee

Good luck!

Buehler445
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM

So is that cougar behind her in the 4th picture supposed to signify something? :D

Anyway, I'd rent a .22 and then if she wants to, rent other guns. It will cost extra money, but on the first date it is worth it.

I'd go out for dinner.

She's cute dude. Congrats :thumb:

gblowfish
06-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't let her stand directly behind you...

Pablo
06-10-2009, 08:50 PM
9 mm doesn't kick hardly at all. That is probably the biggest i would give her.I'd give her the 9 too.

9 hard inches!!

HEY-O.

Munson
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM
- Definately start with a .22
- Move on to a .357 mag revolver, but shoot .38 specials first. If she can handle that, have her shoot the magnums. Her outstanding rack should absorb much of the recoil.
- After that, see if she wants to handle your magnum.:evil:

RJ
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Chicks dig bazookas.

Hey, bazooka is kind of a funny word when you think about it.

Cormac
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
If the gun date goes well, maybe next time you can take her to a brass knuckles expo. That's much more intimate.

LMAO

Scorp
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6435/girlsmou.jpg

Holy shit, she is holding the biggest beer bottle I have ever seen. marry her!

Douche Baggins
06-10-2009, 11:30 PM
She looks like she's down to fuck. The mere act of firing a gun will probably get her in the mood. I would suggest "helping her" and grinding on her a little bit in the firing range.

SPATCH
06-10-2009, 11:37 PM
She looks like she's down to ****. The mere act of firing a gun will probably get her in the mood. I would suggest "helping her" and grinding on her a little bit in the firing range.

i know this was a probably a joke...... and u probably know better than to do this.....

but whatever u do... do not try to pull any of that cliche bullshit...

JOhn
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
She looks like she's down to ****. The mere act of firing a gun will probably get her in the mood. I would suggest "helping her" and grinding on her a little bit in the firing range.

Which is as far as you have ever got......ROFL

Words from a worldly & wise man. :rolleyes:

googlegoogle
06-11-2009, 01:58 AM
look out for an adams apple.

acesn8s
06-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Yes it's a date! Let her pick her own gun and learn from your parents mistakes...wrap your gun up. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Dude... seriously? You're asking these amatures? I've been with my wife for 15 yrs. here's what u do.

Take her to the range. Start out with a 22 or a 28. Flirt a bit and let her try different guns.

Then you get in the car and ask her if she wants dinner. WHeN she says yes, you'll already have reservations and a nice restaurant. That is hella suave...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is pretty safe and I think the less "smooth" you try to be, the better... just have fun... she obviously has an interest and I'm guessing you've been yourself around her in the past and not the "hey let me be smooth and impressive guy" around her.

Just have fun, enjoy it and make sure she has fun... the rest will work itself out.

cookster50
06-11-2009, 04:50 AM
I'd give her the 9 too.

9 hard inches!!

HEY-O.

So you are going to give it to her 3 times? HEY-O.

ChiefButthurt
06-11-2009, 04:57 AM

:wayne: Atta a boy big guy. Don't screw this up.

MeaTy The Pimp
06-11-2009, 04:58 AM
If she decides she wants to try a rifle, then let her try the AR15. They are great fun to shoot, with virtually no recoil.

Be yourself and have fun...

Warrior5
06-11-2009, 05:45 AM
Yes, it's a date, and a fun one at that.

Start with the .22. Perfect way to start, and she should be able to attain a decent level of accuracy. That's important; she needs some positive reinforcement in order to enjoy shooting.

I recommend then moving her up to the .380; it's small enough to still be comfortable in her hand, has a little bit more kick, and it's fun.

At that point, let her decide if she wants to move up to something larger.

Just take her to dinner; don't give her the option. Nothing fancy, since you'll both be wearing casual clothes to shoot in.

Let us know how it goes.

DenverChief
06-11-2009, 05:46 AM
uhhh 9mm?

DeezNutz
06-11-2009, 06:02 AM
I'd give her the 9 too.

9 hard inches!!

HEY-O.

And judges will allow multiple sessions so that you can add them together to equal the 9 inches, so no worries.

Good luck with the date. She's cute.

Comanche
06-11-2009, 06:12 AM

Go with the .22 to start. If she wants to try a bigger one, then switch but let her ask. Save the BIG gun (in your pants) for AFTER dinner! LMAO

Mile High Mania
06-11-2009, 06:15 AM
She likely doesn't care that much about shooting and the accuracy... this is just something new and it "sounds fun" to her, so don't over think all the suggestions. Just roll with it.

Oh, don't pull a cheddar bomb and shoot yourself... that's likely an ender.

JD10367
06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
My date advice is always simply, "Mouth before butt, for etiquette's sake".

A shooting range is good, though. Gives you a chance to stand behind her, help her hold the gun and sight it, pressed up against her back while your right arm and hers are touching, your hand holding hers while she gently squeezes the barrel of the long hard object while you feel the curve of her buttocks on your thighs and smell her sweet hair as you breathe softly into her right ear while giving her advice... um, hold on, gotta go take care of something...

wutamess
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM

I thought you were gay? :shrug:

kepp
06-11-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd go for something that still has enough kick to frighten her a bit. That way when you guys have that messy breakup in the future, she'll think twice before blasting you.

Scorp
06-11-2009, 08:25 AM
So????? Did she squeeze your trigger yet?

Skip Towne
06-11-2009, 08:25 AM
She likely doesn't care that much about shooting and the accuracy... this is just something new and it "sounds fun" to her, so don't over think all the suggestions. Just roll with it.

Oh, don't pull a cheddar bomb and shoot yourself... that's likely an ender.

This. She's just trying to get in his pants.

wutamess
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm serious... I thought you were gay. Is that not the case?

Scorp
06-11-2009, 08:55 AM

NTTIAWWT

AustinChief
06-11-2009, 04:05 PM

What in God's name would have made you think that?

(ok there was the one pic of me in a velvet smoking jacket)

keg in kc
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Putting a gun into her hands on the first date?

Is that, like, freudian for "eventually you're going to want to shoot me, so let's get it out of the way early"?

KcMizzou
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM

(ok there was the one pic of me in a velvet smoking jacket)LMAO

luv
06-11-2009, 05:03 PM

(ok there was the one pic of me in a velvet smoking jacket)

Could be that baby face. :p

AustinChief
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Putting a gun into her hands on the first date?

Is that, like, freudian for "eventually you're going to want to shoot me, so let's get it out of the way early"?

Now that I think of it, she suggested it... she may already want to shoot me....

luv
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Now that I think of it, she suggested it... she may already want to shoot me....

She just wants to feel you up angainst her as you show her how to hold the gun.

AustinChief
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
She just wants to feel you up angainst her as you show her how to hold the gun.

see, now I feel creepy. thanks!

AustinChief
06-16-2009, 03:08 AM
May go down tomorrow.. or at latest the next day.. any last minute advice?

Buehler445
06-16-2009, 03:47 AM

Don't try to be someone you're not. You don't have to act like she's known you for years, but you still have to be you. \

Good luck.

Oh and if you don't post pics, it didn't happen :D

wutamess
06-16-2009, 07:45 AM

Teller you're gay. Gay guys get all the chicks.

AustinChief
06-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Teller you're gay. Gay guys get all the chicks.

SWEET! How do I act gay though? Do I just do a Claythan impression?

Valiant
06-16-2009, 02:37 PM

HAve her handle you little pistol first and see if it will knock her down... Before you let her hold a firearm..

Slainte
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Steel-grey coffins are still the classiest...

HC_Chief
06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
9mm is the choice.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT have her shoot a Lady Smith .380 snub. They kick like a #&^$@ing mule. I cannot believe those bastards are marketed to women.

JD10367
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Yeah, make sure you both wash up down below first. Nothing worse than a smelly... oh, wait, not what you meant by "may go down tomorrow". Never mind. :)

topher79
06-16-2009, 03:15 PM
If she shoots at the nether regions of the target repeatedly then run. Run far, far away.

AustinChief
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
If she shoots at the nether regions of the target repeatedly then run. Run far, far away.

HAHAHAHA... That would be hillarious if she actually did that... I might marry her on the spot just for her sense of humor... at least I hope it would be a joke...

Katipan
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
"Colt 45 and 2 zig zags baby that's all we need"