PDA

View Full Version : News 72 year old woman tasered

Pages : [1] 2

T-post Tom
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Not sure what to make of this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQljBMJ2q8o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQljBMJ2q8o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dicky McElephant
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Don't taze me sonny!

doomy3
That reporter's pretty hot.

Dicky McElephant
I want to put my D in Keri Bellacosa's V.

jiveturkey
06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I heard about this before I saw it. I actually don't have much a problem with this one. Being old doesn't give you free reign to be an asshole. Take your ticket and move on.

Jerm
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
That's umm asking for a lot of problems...both in the public and in the dept. U know that dude was getting ribbed big time by the other officers lol. Crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I was a little miffed with this story when the headline flashed on the news the other day, but after I saw the video... It's hard to argue with. The lady was defiant and quite lippy...I'm not sure I would've done it had I been the officer, but you gotta comply with their demands.

Baby Lee
That's umm asking for a lot of problems...both in the public and in the dept. U know that dude was getting ribbed big time by the other officers lol. Crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, that escalated from the lightest of gestures to tasing pretty quick. No effort to manually apprehend her at all. And she's not on the run or armed or anything.

Seems like he realized that he'd pulled the 'you'll be tased' card too early and took offense that she wasn't taking his threat seriously more than a necessary apprehension technique.

Der Flöprer
It is unbelievable to me that anyone can justify this. I don't fucking care if this old woman mouthed off and refused to comply. She could've simply been arrested without fucking incident by force. Period. Bruises on her is a helluva lot better than using a weapon that has proven fatal to people half of her age.

The audacity of that sheriff justifying this by saying "She made a very routine encounter with the police very difficult." is just another example of the brash fucking above the law mentality the police have. How hard is it to detain a 72 year old woman? Are you fucking kidding me?

The Police have a responsibility to use their judgment in how to defuse a situation. A 72 year old woman can reasonably be detained without that level of force. This is a joke, and is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
And btw, I've refused to sign a speeding ticket before. It wasn't an arresting offense for me, it shouldn't have been for her. Just because she doesn't sign, doesn't mean she's not liable. He could've radared the wrong fucking car.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I heard about this before I saw it. I actually don't have much a problem with this one. Being old doesn't give you free reign to be an asshole. Take your ticket and move on.

She didn't say she wouldn't take the ticket. She said she wouldn't sign it. She also offered to sign the thing halfway through the encounter, but officer friendly had already made up his mind to release some frustration.

Micjones
06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
It is unbelievable to me that anyone can justify this. I don't fucking care if this old woman mouthed off and refused to comply. She could've simply been arrested without fucking incident by force. Period. Bruises on her is a helluva lot better than using a weapon that has proven fatal to people half of her age.

The audacity of that sheriff justifying this by saying "She made a very routine encounter with the police very difficult." is just another example of the brash fucking above the law mentality the police have. How hard is it to detain a 72 year old woman? Are you fucking kidding me?

The Police have a responsibility to use their judgment in how to defuse a situation. A 72 year old woman can reasonably be detained without that level of force. This is a joke, and is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

I tend to agree. I don't think a 72 year old woman, this one anyway, needs to be tazed. I just realize that I'm probably not going to win if I decide to be defiant during the traffic stop. The time to contest is in court. Unless you're being asked to do something completely unlawful, do what the officer says for your own safety, if nothing else.

Jerm
06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
You should never have to tase a 72 year old. That's relying on the weapon too much...something no officer should ever do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
And btw, I've refused to sign a speeding ticket before. It wasn't an arresting offense for me, it shouldn't have been for her. Just because she doesn't sign, doesn't mean she's not liable. He could've radared the wrong fucking car.

Really?
I was under the impression that if you didn't sign you automatically went to jail.

Hell the last ticket I received I wasn't asked to sign at all.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
That was crap. Yes she was being a bitch but that guy could have easily controlled her or waited for backup and two of them could have.....they could have killed her by tazing her.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:43 PM
And that was NOT a "very difficult task". That guy had no need to do that.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:46 PM
She didn't say she wouldn't take the ticket. She said she wouldn't sign it. She also offered to sign the thing halfway through the encounter, but officer friendly had already made up his mind to release some frustration.

Yea..he had to play the badass role then. He could have just let her sign it and go on.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I tend to agree. I don't think a 72 year old woman, this one anyway, needs to be tazed. I just realize that I'm probably not going to win if I decide to be defiant during the traffic stop. The time to contest is in court. Unless you're being asked to do something completely unlawful, do what the officer says for your own safety, if nothing else.

I can't disagree with you at all. Anyone else, I'd say hey, you asked for it. But her age definitely plays a very large factor in my assessment of it. It was downright criminal IMO, if he can't make better decisions that that one, he shouldn't be doing the job.

She said she'd sign the ticket AFTER he shoved her. It was emotional for her, she posed no real threat, it's HIS job to defuse that situation. That's part of the job duties for police officers. Defuse, not escalate those situations. What really set me off was the sheriff condoning it. Have we really been conditioned to this so much that our mentality is they be held accountable for nothing? Comply or get your ass kicked? God, they must love it compared to how it was 20 years ago. This would've NEVER happened back then. I guarantee it.

rockymtnchief
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I know if she was wearing cuffed pants and work boots :)

wild1
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
He didn't need to shove her to get her out of traffic, nor shout in the way he did, and probably could easily have subdued her without tazering, that much is true.

But who knows, if he tries to arrest her by some combination of reserved force she could squirm away and end up getting hit in traffic. He has the duty to protect an irate person from the worst harm possible in that situation first.

At some point, by resisting arrest you open yourself up to the possibility that more force than may be theoretically required is going to be used. The solution to that would be not resisting arrest.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
You should never have to tase a 72 year old. That's relying on the weapon too much...something no officer should ever do.
Posted via Mobile Device

And you are a police officer if I'm correct. Thank you sir, it's good to know some of you guys will still use solid reasoning.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
He didn't need to shove her to get her out of traffic, nor shout in the way he did, and probably could easily have subdued her without tazering, that much is true.

But who knows, if he tries to arrest her by some combination of reserved force she could squirm away and end up getting hit in traffic. He has the duty to protect an irate person from the worst harm possible in that situation first.

At some point, by resisting arrest you open yourself up to the possibility that more force than may be theoretically required is going to be used. The solution to that would be not resisting arrest.

She said she would sign the ticket......

Bwana
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM

THIS

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Really?
I was under the impression that if you didn't sign you automatically went to jail.

Hell the last ticket I received I wasn't asked to sign at all.

I swear. The officer asked for my signature and I told him I didn't feel comfortable signing the ticket when I felt I hadn't committed the infraction, regardless of it not admitting guilt. He simply tore the ticket off and said I would still be responsible for sending the ticket back in within 15 days and we wished each other a good day. That simple.

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Lazy ass cop with an ego. She doesn't have to sign the ticket, but this is what sets him off. Later she agrees to sign the ticket, but it doesn't matter to Deputy Getmyrocksoff anymore. What escalates the whole situation? The Deputy shoving the room and then yelling down in her face. In the end if he wanted to arrest her he could have by using a little force and cuffing her. Instead the prick wanted to get to discharge some weapon and feel like a man so he reverted to tazing an old lady, man you're a bad ass aren't you Deputy.

kstater
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Then the title of the thread would be cop uses force and bruises old lady. And then you'd continue on with the same post.

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM

agreed, there are alot of old assholes out there

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Lazy ass cop with an ego. She doesn't have to sign the ticket, but this is what sets him off. Later she agrees to sign the ticket, but it doesn't matter to Deputy Getmyrocksoff anymore. What escalates the whole situation? The Deputy shoving the room and then yelling down in her face. In the end if he wanted to arrest her he could have by using a little force and cuffing her. Instead the prick wanted to get to discharge some weapon and feel like a man so he reverted to tazing an old lady, man you're a bad ass aren't you Deputy.

I'd say if she didn't have to sign the ticke then the Deputy is in big trouble.

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd say if she didn't have to sign the ticke then the Deputy is in big trouble.

He'll get suspended with pay and come back after awhile and taze another mouthy lady

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
she deserved it, definately. That's what should happen when you act like a dumb kunt because an officer is doing his job. He was doing his job, she was going 60 in a 45 and got caught and she wants to act like that. Crying because she's 72 years old, that's no excuse to act like that. She said "take me to jail, I ain't signing it" well the officer was going to oblige her and once she realized that she didn't want to go to jail, she resisted. If a 20 something would have done that, they should have gotten there asses smacked down to the ground a lot quicker and rightly so. I don't see anything wrong here with the officer. That stupid idiotic old bitch deserved it.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 06:58 PM
she deserved it, definately. That's what should happen when you act like a dumb kunt because an officer is doing his job. He was doing his job, she was going 60 in a 45 and got caught and she wants to act like that. Crying because she's 72 years old, that's no excuse to act like that. She said "take me to jail, I ain't signing it" well the officer was going to oblige her and once she realized that she didn't want to go to jail, she resisted. If a 20 something would have done that, they should have gotten there asses smacked down to the ground a lot quicker and rightly so. I don't see anything wrong here with the officer. That stupid idiotic old bitch deserved it.

He could have and should have restrained her without using the tazer.

Jerm
And you are a police officer if I'm correct. Thank you sir, it's good to know some of you guys will still use solid reasoning.

Correct, for a year and have never had to use it...in fact I've only pulled it a couple of times. If u use ur other training and can talk, force should rarely be used. Thanks for the kind words!
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
LOL at her screaming.

Sure-Oz

Exactly....im sure she'll think twice before mouthing off again

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Then the title of the thread would be cop uses force and bruises old lady. And then you'd continue on with the same post.

No sir. Not with her reaction. I mean, I do take some umbrage with the fact that all she did was refuse to sign the ticket, and then after being shoved offered to do so. But the fact is, she resisted arrest and as long as he doesn't take her to the ground with some body blows, he has to do what he has to do.

I don't deny that I don't like what I see on most of the police videos and have had no problem voicing my opinion. But I promise I do understand that police officers have very difficult jobs, and situations occur where force must be used. But I still know that one of the core duties for an officer is not only to protect and serve, but to deescalate a situation if possible. Most of these videos, and this one particularly clearly shows the officer has made a decision from the moment he hears the word no, and there's no turning back from there. That's not reasonable.

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Is that a cat purring or humping her at the end of her screaming?

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumb: I agree w/ Flopnuts. It's nice to hear from an officer that believes in restraint and use of skills beyond brute force, especially with an old woman who is hardly a physical threat.

wild1
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
She said she would sign the ticket......

i would have went with that answer first, personally.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Correct, for a year and have never had to use it...in fact I've only pulled it a couple of times. If u use ur other training and can talk, force should rarely be used. Thanks for the kind words!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the kind actions. Sincerely. It's hard not to get jaded when seeing all of this online. But I understand it's not nearly as jading as having to see everything you guys see up close and personal, let alone being responsible for putting an end to it. Understand that when I rant, I don't try to generalize all of you, but sometimes admit that I do.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the police. But then again, I don't have a problem listening to the guy with the gun and the badge. :D

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
the cop wasn't acting like a jerk at the beginning, he wrote the ticket and gave it to her than she went off like a dumb stupid whore. If she just would have acted like a decent human being and signed it and drove off, it wouldn't have happened. She put herself in that situation and deserved what she got.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
i would have went with that answer first, personally.

I probably would have too. But nonetheless, assuming she HAD to sign the ticket, he could have just let her sign it and went on. He chose to play the prick after that. And to what gain?

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
the cop wasn't acting like a jerk at the beginning, he wrote the ticket and gave it to her than she went off like a dumb stupid whore. If she just would have acted like a decent human being and signed it and drove off, it wouldn't have happened. She put herself in that situation and deserved what she got.

You, like many others, have been desensitized by the internet.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Remember you said that.....karma is a bitch

Jerm
Thanks for the kind actions. Sincerely. It's hard not to get jaded when seeing all of this online. But I understand it's not nearly as jading as having to see everything you guys see up close and personal, let alone being responsible for putting an end to it. Understand that when I rant, I don't try to generalize all of you, but sometimes admit that I do.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the police. But then again, I don't have a problem listening to the guy with the gun and the badge. :D

Oh don't worry...I don't take it personally. I can only control my actions, I know there are a lot of dumbshits out there that make it tough on LEO'S so its never easy but hey it comes with the territory.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
I got a speeding ticket last year, I was going 86 in a 70 on the turnpike. I knew the cop got me, so I got in the right lane and slowed down to 70. The cop got behind me real quick, I waited for him to put his lights on, as soon as he did I pulled over. He came to my window, I had my hands up on the steering wheel with my license and insurance in hand already. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, I said "ya, I was going too fast sorry about that" he still gave me a ticket, but only for 80 instead of 86 which saved me some money, so I got a little break. But you know, I dealt with it and knew I was wrong. That stupid lady can't learn that in 72 years of life than fuck her.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Remember you said that.....karma is a bitch

not worried about karma on that one. The lady deserved it, don't act like that and that won't happen now will it? There was no reason for her to act the way she did, she put herself into that situation.

wild1
I probably would have too. But nonetheless, assuming she HAD to sign the ticket, he could have just let her sign it and went on. He chose to play the prick after that. And to what gain?

I'm sure that he was probably just showing off for the dash camera that was sitting 10 feet away.

petegz28
I got a speeding ticket last year, I was going 86 in a 70 on the turnpike. I knew the cop got me, so I got in the right lane and slowed down to 70. The cop got behind me real quick, I waited for him to put his lights on, as soon as he did I pulled over. He came to my window, I had my hands up on the steering wheel with my license and insurance in hand already. He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, I said "ya, I was going too fast sorry about that" he still gave me a ticket, but only for 80 instead of 86 which saved me some money, so I got a little break. But you know, I dealt with it and knew I was wrong. That stupid lady can't learn that in 72 years of life than **** her.

I am going to side with Jerm here and say it could have been handled differently.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm sure that he was probably just showing off for the dash camera that was sitting 10 feet away.

Whatever ....the point is he could have handled it much differently. She could have as well sure.

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Crying because she's 72 years old, that's no excuse to act like that.

But does it necessitate her getting tazed? Was there not an easier and less extreme way the officer could have handled the situation?

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I agree he could've told her to calm down, but i bet his grandma was a bitch to him growing up and he had flashbacks

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I am going to side with Jerm here and say it could have been handled differently.

I think a little force used, even if it's not necessary, can be a good thing. I bet she won't act like that again. Cops have a TERRIBLE job, they have to deal with stupid idiots all day and every once in a while, you might snap! I know I would.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:10 PM
And someone answer me this......since when can a cop open your car door just because you refuse to sign a ticket?

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I think a little force used, even if it's not necessary, can be a good thing. I bet she won't act like that again. Cops have a TERRIBLE job, they have to deal with stupid idiots all day and every once in a while, you might snap! I know I would.

Dude a tazer at that age could kill someone. And over what? A fucking speeding ticket?

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM

Since when did cops get the right to issue punishment as well as enforce the law? Judge, jury and executioner huh.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Iusing a weapon that has proven fatal to people half of her age. FALSE

Your statement is incorrect

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
He shouldn't of tasered her,hell all he would've had to do was quick cuffed her.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:14 PM

No one has ever died from being tased?

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:15 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/28/michigan.taser.death/

kcfanXIII
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
my god, this shit is getting too common. i understand she should have complied, but seriously? you're going to taze a 72 y/o? this dude needs lay off the roids, smoke that joint he just stole from the teenagers, and enjoy his vacation ERRRRR suspension. with any luck, he'll step into traffic and get a road named after him.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Dude a tazer at that age could kill someone. And over what? A ****ing speeding ticket?

who knows, maybe she was reaching in her purse or pockets or something. we couldn't see. I think I hate stupid people like that more than the average person.

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 07:17 PM
She didn't die, but what if she had a pace maker?

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
who knows, maybe she was reaching in her purse or pockets or something. we couldn't see. I think I hate stupid people like that more than the average person.

Yes we could see, that's just it. She didn't go for her pockets. Stop trying to make up shit.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
She didn't die, but what if she had a pace maker?

That is what my wife just said.....if she had a pace maker he would have killed her.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Bottom line is it's a power trip. And you just can't have that problem in this job. It takes extremely even keeled individuals to do this job well. Unfortunately that must be in short supply these days.

Der Flöprer
That is what my wife just said.....if she had a pace maker he would have killed her.

All because she wouldn't sign a speeding ticket that she later offered to sign.............................................

kcfanXIII
not worried about karma on that one. The lady deserved it, don't act like that and that won't happen now will it? There was no reason for her to act the way she did, she put herself into that situation.

just like there's no reason for a cop to taze a 72 year old woman. police need to be held to a higher standard, being as how they do wield quite a bit of power. unless she was waving a gun in his face, there was NO need for the tazer. NONE. if you can't understand that, you are desensitized.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
All because she wouldn't sign a speeding ticket that she later offered to sign.............................................

His manliness had been called into question by granny by then.....

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM

not because their age, which is the point you were making

Jerm
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
As far as I know tasers have no affect on pacemakers...at least that's what they told us during taser training lol. I wouldn't wanna find out though.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
And someone answer me this......since when can a cop open your car door just because you refuse to sign a ticket?

You have to sign a ticket or you'll be arrested.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
His manliness had been called into question by granny by then.....

:shake: I'm more saddened by American's willingness to be subjected to this kind of treatment on such a consistent basis. I'm telling you, it wasn't like this 20-30 years ago. I know the job has gotten tougher, but could there be a more clear case of an abuse of power? Yet the sheriff thinks it's fine................

petegz28

You're right....people in their 70's can withstand physical abuse just as well as people in their 20's....

imagine all the old people that feel better about your prognosis

petegz28

I'm not so sure about that.....

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 07:23 PM
:shake: I'm more saddened by American's willingness to be subjected to this kind of treatment on such a consistent basis. I'm telling you, it wasn't like this 20-30 years ago. I know the job has gotten tougher, but could there be a more clear case of an abuse of power? Yet the sheriff thinks it's fine................

it's the sheriffs wife

DenverChief
unless she was waving a gun in his face, there was NO need for the tazer. NONE. if you can't understand that, you are desensitized.

Uh you don't meet deadly force with less than lethal force, if she had a gun she would be dead not "tazered"....so you already are showing you do not know the proper application of a taser

Der Flöprer

Not intentionally. All I was trying to say is it's killed people much younger. Sorry if I worded that poorly. And Denver, I know you're an officer as well. I don't know how you act on the job, and I'm not trying to judge you either. But I firmly believe the ball is in your guys' court when it comes to handling these situations. If the person was in their 30's I would not be reacting this way.

wild1
06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not so sure about that.....

Try it next time, see what happens.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:25 PM

I already have. And I posted it. It was in WA state, so the law may be different but I had no issues whatsoever in not signing.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:25 PM
You're right....people in their 70's can withstand physical abuse just as well as people in their 20's....

imagine all the old people that feel better about your prognosis

He might had broken her arm putting her in an arm bar before placing the cuffs on her, which could have caused an infection that led to her death....oh the humanity! old people should just be allowed to do whatever they want cause thy are old, and young people because they are young and don't know better...

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:26 PM

I believe in Kasnas you do not have to sign. They just give you to ticket and that is that. No signature required. So it comes down to State law.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:27 PM
He might had broken her arm putting her in an arm bar before placing the cuffs on her, which could have caused an infection that led to her death....oh the humanity! old people should just be allowed to do whatever they want cause thy are old, and young people because they are young and don't know better...

Whatever ...I am just glad you are not a cop. You would give good cops a bad name.

stlchiefs

No but the cop need only use necessary force. Is a taser necessary force on a much smaller 72 year old lady, I don't think so. Is it on a large younger man, I think most of us could agree that yes it very well could be necessary in this case.

petegz28

As I replied once....in Kansas they don't even ask for one. So there is no trying.

KCChiefsMan
Yes we could see, that's just it. She didn't go for her pockets. Stop trying to make up shit.

I cant see it from that video

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Wow. I hope I don't get pulled over by you, sir.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
No but the cop need only use necessary force. Is a taser necessary force on a much smaller 72 year old lady, I don't think so. Is it on a large younger man, I think most of us could agree that yes it very well could be necessary in this case.

If it was on some younger person..I have no problems with it. Each situation has to be handled based on the circumstances.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
The woman was a pain in the ass and i don't really feel sorry for her. But the Cop had SEVERAL chances to change the outcome of the whole thing without using the tazer.

The cop was never in trouble or physical danger. Using a tazer has become a tool of convenience, not self-defense.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I cant see it from that video

Well look harder...had she gone for her pocket in a threatening way he wouldn't have warned her 5 times....she would have been taken down quick or his gun would have been drawn if he thought he was in danger. Use your noodle.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
If it was on some younger person..I have no problems with it. Each situation has to be handled based on the circumstances.

But God knows that a young man with a stick, pepper spray, a tazer, a radio, and a gun could reasonably feel threatened by a 72 year old woman who is upset, and obviously pretty scared.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
So the lesson here folks is, don't act like a stupid kunt in public, even if you are 72 years old, and things like this will not happen.

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
So the lesson here folks is, don't act like a stupid kunt in public, even if you are 72 years old, and things like this will not happen.

I'm not sure the dust has settled on this one yet.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:32 PM

:LOL:

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
But God knows that a young man with a stick, pepper spray, a tazer, a radio, and a gun could reasonably feel threatened by a 72 year old woman who is upset, and obviously pretty scared.

That is what I don't understand is why he didn't just wait for assistance? There were several other ways he could have handled this. He did not do anything good for the name of law enforcment, imo.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I've come to the conclusion that people who defend officers in these types of situations have rationalized it for themselves because they're scared to death of them and would never dare question a police officer in a non violent way. That too is a sign of where things have gone in law enforcement over the last 20 years.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Not intentionally. All I was trying to say is it's killed people much younger. Sorry if I worded that poorly. And Denver, I know you're an officer as well. I don't know how you act on the job, and I'm not trying to judge you either. But I firmly believe the ball is in your guys' court when it comes to handling these situations. If the person was in their 30's I would not be reacting this way.

No problems it is a spirited debate one I am glad to participate in. I have never tased anyone, I have come close, but fortunately for them the sight of the laser dot and my firm verbal demands made the subject submit

AFA deaths go, from what I know everyone that has died from being tased has either been on a controlled substance or died as a result of Sudden In-Custody Death Syndrome ...generally speaking when a person gets excited and gets elevated heart rate, adrenaline, and excited respirations then gets restrained that has an adverse effect on the body that causes shutdowns of important bodily functions

petegz28
I'm not sure the dust has settled on this one yet.

A good lawyer will get this Deputy in deep shit for excessive force.

KCChiefsMan
Well look harder...had she gone for her pocket in a threatening way he wouldn't have warned her 5 times....she would have been taken down quick or his gun would have been drawn if he thought he was in danger. Use your noodle.

I still can't see shit on the bottom right corner of the video at the end. Most likely she wasn't, but either way I'm fine with the taser. People who act like that should be taught a little lesson. I don't think you understand just how much I hate stupid people. I really really really hate them. If she would have died, I'd still be on the cops side.

Mr. Krab
So the lesson here folks is, don't act like a stupid kunt in public, even if you are 72 years old, and things like this will not happen.Man, i hope you get fucked up for something silly. When you look around with that confused "WTF" look in your eyes, i hope someone just tells you to shut your pie hole. ROFL

kcfanXIII
Uh you don't meet deadly force with less than lethal force, if she had a gun she would be dead not "tazered"....so you already are showing you do not know the proper application of a taser

you're right, i don't know. never had any desire to go through a class. i do know however, that tazing a 72 year old is wrong. no matter how you spin it. i also know that there is an increasing problem with cops using excessive force, and it needs to be stopped before it turns into nazi germany here.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
No problems it is a spirited debate one I am glad to participate in. I have never tased anyone, I have come close, but fortunately for them the sight of the laser dot and my firm verbal demands made the subject submit

AFA deaths go, from what I know everyone that has died from being tased has either been on a controlled substance or died as a result of Sudden In-Custody Death Syndrome ...generally speaking when a person gets excited and gets elevated heart rate, adrenaline, and excited respirations then gets restrained that has an adverse effect on the body that causes shutdowns of important bodily functions

Oh fuck.,,,so you are a cop??? God help the people of Denver.LMAO

Just Passin' By
Yet another instance of a police officer being far too willing to use unnecessary force.

DenverChief
I am just glad you are not a cop.

I'm not?

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Shouldn't that in itself be a fair assessment when deciding whether or not to use the weapon?

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not?

See my latest post.....prior to this one

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Man, i hope you get ****ed up for something silly. When you look around with that confused "WTF" look in your eyes, i hope someone just tells you to shut your pie hole. ROFL

so it's ok to act like that? the way she did? she was caught speeding and didn't want a ticket, so she's going to act like that? You really think that's acceptable? I don't.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
so it's ok to act like that? the way she did? she was caught speeding and didn't want a ticket, so she's going to act like that? You really think that's acceptable? I don't.

How dare she be confused, and scared.

kstater
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM

You ever see the video of the Texas grandfather who was in his 80's that shot at a bunch of Highway patrolman? People don't stop being threats at X age.

petegz28

No one is saying what she did was acceptable. Pay attention. We are saying the cop responded inappropirately.

KCChiefsMan
How dare she be confused, and scared.

watch the video again then, she wasn't confused or scared. She's just a stupid bitch.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
You ever see the video of the Texas grandfather who was in his 80's that shot at a bunch of Highway patrolman? People don't stop being threats at X age.

JFC......did this woman come out guns drawn? I feel sorry for the old people in your life. If there are any left.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
watch the video again then, she wasn't confused or scared. She's just a stupid bitch.

K well then she should have been beaten mercilessly.....lord knows she was going to whip the cops ass

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
No one is saying what she did was acceptable. Pay attention. We are saying the cop responded inappropirately.

well each person has their own opinion. I respect yours and I understand your point. Yes the cop was excessive and technically shouldn't have used the taser. I understand that. But, I like the fact that he used the taser because I really hate people who act like that in public.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
So I just watched the video....she resisted arrest, he attempted to place handcuffs on her and she pulled away and attempted to return to the vehicle...he then pointed the taser at her again and she "dared him" to taser her....guys he followed the use of force escalation to the "T"

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
well each person has their own opinion. I respect yours and I understand your point. Yes the cop was excessive and technically shouldn't have used the taser. I understand that. But, I like the fact that he used the taser because I really hate people who act like that in public.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I don't care for what she did either...but he had no business handling it how he did.

DTLB58
06-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I could see a situation where it might actually be better to do that than fight with them.

What if, he tried to cuff her and she tried to elude him (Don't laugh, she almost got back into the road once) and ran into traffic trying to get back into her truck?

What if, while trying to cuff her she starts throwing her arms around,squirming and trying to get away and he has to use force and the normal force he would apply fractures a 72 year-olds arm or wrist?

I think if you say you never do this or that even based on age you put limits on yourself. I think things should be based more on indiviual circumstances.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:44 PM
So I just watched the video....she resisted arrest, he attempted to place handcuffs on her and she pulled away and attempted to return to the vehicle...he then pointed the taser at her again and she "dared him" to taser her....guys he followed the use of force escalation to the "T"

Big deal...if she dared him to shoot her does that excuse him shooting her then?

DenverChief
Shouldn't that in itself be a fair assessment when deciding whether or not to use the weapon?

to be clear, it is when the restraints are placed on a person, i.e. cuffs behind the back, NOT the actual tasering that causes this phenomenon

Der Flöprer

You're funny dude.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Big deal...if she dared him to shoot her does that excuse him shooting her then?

no when she pulled away from him when he was trying to arrest her, that excuses it..SHE RESISTED ARREST

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I could see a situation where it might actually be better to do that than fight with them.

What if, he tried to cuff her and she tried to elude him (Don't laugh, she almost got back into the road once) and ran into traffic trying to get back into her truck?

What if, while trying to cuff her she starts throwing her arms around,squirming and trying to get away and he has to use force and the normal force he would apply fractures a 72 year-olds arm or wrist?

Now what?

What if she had a pace maker?

DenverChief

Now what?

BINGO

petegz28
to be clear, it is when the restraints are placed on a person, i.e. cuffs behind the back, NOT the actual tasering that causes this phenomenon

Whoever says sending enough electricity through someone's nervous system to the point that they are paralyzed does not involve risk is an idiot.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Why not pepper spray to subdue her?

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM

The cop was the one who initiated the physical aspect into the situation. He pushed the woman and didn't follow that up with any explanation. There is no justification for what he did, and trying to excuse him and assail her is simply getting it 180 degrees out of turn.

stlchiefs
06-10-2009, 07:48 PM

So you are agreeing it was unnecessary use of force, but you agree with you because you feel the lady deserved it. I at least feel better knowing you see the cop acted wrongly, it's just your hate that is blinding you from seeing what's right though. If it makes you feel any better I get annoyed by stupid people too, I'm just glad you don't carry a taser around though!

Der Flöprer
The cop was the one who initiated the physical aspect into the situation. He pushed the woman and didn't follow that up with any explanation. There is no justification for what he did, and trying to excuse him and assail her is simply getting it 180 degrees out of turn.

I like you a lot better when I agree with you. :D

DenverChief
What if she had a pace maker?

Don't put yourself in that situation if you have a medical problem it is your responsibility to take care of yourself (personal responsibility) ,not for the officer to ponder before making a potentially life/death decsion

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
He pushed the woman and didn't follow that up with any explanation.

So now we must explain what we are doing to everyone while we are doing it?

KCChiefsMan

not in my mind it's not. The world out there is not a good place anymore. My prediction is that most cities in 12-15 years will be under martial law and I'm not going to explain why, but I may sound crazy right now but in 12-15 years you guys will think I'm Nostra-fuking-domas

Der Flöprer
Don't put yourself in that situation if you have a medical problem it is your responsibility to take care of yourself ,not for the officer to ponder before making a potentially life/death decsion

Why not use pepper spray to subdue her?

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM

Absolutely.

petegz28
Don't put yourself in that situation if you have a medical problem it is your responsibility to take care of yourself (personal responsibility) ,not for the officer to ponder before making a potentially life/death decsion

Now you are saying that was a life or death situation? GTFO

Just Passin' By
Don't put yourself in that situation if you have a medical problem it is your responsibility to take care of yourself ,not for the officer to ponder before making a potentially life/death decsion

What are you talking about? Cops are supposed to be specially trained to handle those situations. If you as a cop need to taser anyone who's done nothing but yell and bluster, you're incompetent and need to be replaced.

Sure-Oz
Pepper Spray would've been better, then taze her....IN THE FACE....IN THE FACE!!!!

stlchiefs

If you're initiating the use of physical force I'd sure think so.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 07:51 PM
So you are agreeing it was unnecessary use of force, but you agree with you because you feel the lady deserved it. I at least feel better knowing you see the cop acted wrongly, it's just your hate that is blinding you from seeing what's right though. If it makes you feel any better I get annoyed by stupid people too, I'm just glad you don't carry a taser around though!

correct and yes I am full of hate. I would never act on my hate though. It just builds up and then I drink it off a couple times a week.

DenverChief
Why not pepper spray to subdue her?

Actually pepper spray can cause death if she has asthma

to be honest here, I would rather be tased than pepper sprayed. I have had both the pepper spray had residual effects for days...the tasering was done and over after 5 seconds

Mr. Krab
No, it's not ok. But this about whether using the tazer was ok, everyone pretty agrees the lady was being a pain in the ass.

At one point, when the lady was outside the truck she changes her tune and agrees to sign the ticket ... "gimme the ticket, i'll sign it". But the cop was already in the "hardass zone" and he just starting threatening to taze her. She then wanted to act tough and blah,blah,blah it became a pissing contest instead of just resolving the issue.

She was a bitch, he was an asshole.

It doesn't excuse her but he is in uniform and getting paid to be better than that.

Der Flöprer

If a police officer doesn't consider scenarios for using each weapon allotted to him, he's not qualified to do the job. The rest of us know there are possible repercussions to our actions, why shouldn't an officer when assaulting someone?

petegz28

You're god darn right. Just because you have a badge doesn't mean you are God. And if anything explaining it might get the person to realize they are definitely in the wrong.

DenverChief
If you're initiating the use of physical force I'd sure think so.

negative, maybe after but certainly not during

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
not in my mind it's not. The world out there is not a good place anymore. My prediction is that most cities in 12-15 years will be under martial law and I'm not going to explain why, but I may sound crazy right now but in 12-15 years you guys will think I'm Nostra-fuking-domas

It's far more likely that there will be a revolution which finally gets rid of the idiots who think that stealing peoples' freedom is the right way to govern.

And, for the record, unless you believe in something like the Garden of Eden, the world has never been a good place.

petegz28

to be honest here, I would rather be tased than pepper sprayed. I have had both the pepper spray had residual effects for days...the tasering was done and over after 5 seconds

except there are all kinds of stuff you can google about the after effects of being tased.

Der Flöprer

Okay, maybe my ignorance is coming out now. 5 seconds? I was under the assumption it was MUCH longer than that.

DenverChief
You're god darn right. Just because you have a badge doesn't mean you are God. And if anything explaining it might get the person to realize they are definitely in the wrong.

maybe we should sit down and hold hands too...people not during an arrest, yea sure entitled to an explanation after the fact but not during

Mr. Krab
What are you talking about? Cops are supposed to be specially trained to handle those situations. If you as a cop need to taser anyone who's done nothing but yell and bluster, you're incompetent and need to be replaced.
This X eleventybillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:53 PM
And if anything explaining it might get the person to realize they are definitely in the wrong.

And that's exactly why I said absolutely. It's a descalating tactic.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay, maybe my ignorance is coming out now. 5 seconds? I was under the assumption it was MUCH longer than that.

5 seconds max per manufacturing specs it can never go longer

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
except there are all kinds of stuff you can google about the after effects of being tased.

have you been tased? Everyone in my dept, even our oldest guy who is 61 has been tased with no side effects other than mild confusion and a few tiny puncture marks in the skin

pepper spray OTOH felt like I had a horrible sunburn for 3 DAYS!...eff that

JOhn
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Sorry but I find it humorous

It ain't that bad. :shrug:

And yes I have been tased

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
maybe we should sit down and hold hands too...people not during an arrest, yea sure entitled to an explanation after the fact but not during

I will disagree there. I think there are situations when you have no time to explain what you are doing and there are plenty when you do.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
5 seconds max per manufacturing specs it can never go longer

So all those times I saw people writhing around for longer than that with the buzzing sound that was them being hit multiple times? Jesus. If he only hit once with it, and that's how it works, I'll have to soften my stance. I still don't think it was necessary, but I can't be as outraged. She could've made the situation better for herself.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
have you been tased? Everyone in my dept, even our oldest guy who is 61 has been tased with no side effects other than mild confusion and a few tiny puncture marks in the skin

Big fucking deal. That doesn't give you the Right to go tasing people when it is not called for.

Der Flöprer

Yeah I know pepper spray is like a minimum of 30 minutes of agony. It sounds like the Taser is a better option, except too many people have died from it's use.

DenverChief
If a police officer doesn't consider scenarios for using each weapon allotted to him, he's not qualified to do the job. The rest of us know there are possible repercussions to our actions, why shouldn't an officer when assaulting someone?

wait a minute---you are asking someone who has to make split second decisions to ponder ALL of the possible scenarios before making that decision? Aristotle would have been a great cop then

petegz28
06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
So all those times I saw people writhing around for longer than that with the buzzing sound that was them being hit multiple times? Jesus. If he only hit once with it, and that's how it works, I'll have to soften my stance. I still don't think it was necessary, but I can't be as outraged. She could've made the situation better for herself.

I think the cop did his part to make the situation worse. That is the problem I have with the whole thing. If she was to be arrested for not signing the ticket then fine. But there was no need for a weapon to be used at all. Period.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM

If you initiate physical contact because you think you're in danger of being struck by a vehicle, the smart play is to say something along the lines of "Ma'am, I'm sorry I had to push you, but I was in the line of traffic." That is an attempt to diffuse the situation which you ratcheted up in the first place.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I think the cop did his part to make the situation worse. That is the problem I have with the whole thing. If she was to be arrested for not signing the ticket then fine. But there was no need for a weapon to be used at all. Period.

I agree. But part of my analysis was pepper spray was a better choice, if a 5 second burn is the max, it's probably the best choice. Now, don't misunderstand, I don't think any weapon of any kind was necessary. He should've called for backup and tried to deescalate the situation.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 08:01 PM
wait a minute---you are asking someone who has to make split second decisions to ponder ALL of the possible scenarios before making that decision? Aristotle would have been a great cop then

It shouldn't be split second. You should be prepared for most scenarios upon your initial assessment of your environment.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:02 PM

You're god damn right. Because that is what the rest of us have to do. When I worked in the liquor store business you would be surprised at the amount of restraint I had to demonstrate. People threatening me, tearing shit up...threatening to come over the counter......and had I done anything to restrain someone who was in my store and tearing shit up cause I wouldn't give them a 40 oz on credit you would have been taking me to jail and not him.

So don't give me no shit about this split second decision shit. I understand you are in situations where you don't have time. I would guess that is not the majority of the time though.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:02 PM

yes

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=science&bcpid=1681694258&bctid=1641207458

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
You're god damn right. Because that is what the rest of us have to do. When I worked in the liquor store business you would be surprised at the amount of restraint I had to demonstrate. People threatening me, tearing shit up...threatening to come over the counter......and had I done anything to restrain someone who was in my store and tearing shit up cause I wouldn't give them a 40 oz on credit you would have been taking me to jail and not him.

So don't give me no shit about this split second decision shit. I understand you are in situations where you don't have time. I would guess that is not the majority of the time though.

It certainly wasn't the case in this situation.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Listen ma'am, you do understand that it's Texas law that i have to arrest you and take you down to the station if you don't sign the ticket, don't you? I really don't want to do that, so if you could just sign the ticket please. Any complaints you have about the ticket can still be made on your day in traffic court.

I imagine saying something like this avoids the entire stupid situation and officer BIG NUTS doesn't have to deal with everything else that's going on now.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:08 PM
I understand you are in situations where you don't have time. I would guess that is not the majority of the time though.

and you would guess wrong

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Listen ma'am, you do understand that it's Texas law that i have to arrest you and take you down to the station, don't you? I really don't want to do that, so if you could just sign the ticket please. Any complaints you have about the ticket can still be made on your day in traffic court.

I imagine saying something like this avoids the entire stupid situation and office BIG NUTS doesn't have to deal with everything else that's going on now.

That's what I don't get? Why the sudden jump to barney badass cop? Why not "ma'am I know you are upset and I know you don't want to sign the ticket but this will make it worse. This does not say you are guilty but you have to sign it or I will have to arrest you and I really don't want to have to do that over a speeding ticket."

Instead he opens the car door and starts the whole I am God routine.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I still can't see shit on the bottom right corner of the video at the end. Most likely she wasn't, but either way I'm fine with the taser. People who act like that should be taught a little lesson. I don't think you understand just how much I hate stupid people. I really really really hate them. If she would have died, I'd still be on the cops side.:spock:

Just Passin' By

Oddly enough, the common citizen is supposed to deal with such situations without resorting to violence. If only the police could be held to that same standard.

petegz28

Sure....ok. I have been around enough police officers to know better.

I won't say you are lying. I will just say I think you are exagerating a bit.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Oddly enough, the common citizen is supposed to deal with such situations without resorting to violence. If only the police could be held to that same standard.

That was my point. I had guys in the liquor store all the time tearing stuff up...jumping up on the counter then backing off ...and if I so much as raised a baseball bat to them let alone my gun I would go to jail. But this guy felt he needed to tase a 72 yr old woman he could manhandle easily.

Archie F. Swin
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the patrolman hates his mother

dirk digler
06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, that escalated from the lightest of gestures to tasing pretty quick. No effort to manually apprehend her at all. And she's not on the run or armed or anything.

Seems like he realized that he'd pulled the 'you'll be tased' card too early and took offense that she wasn't taking his threat seriously more than a necessary apprehension technique.

I agree. It seems more and more cops are using tazing and skipping manual apprehension. Part of that could be that is the way they are taught mostly to keep both the people from getting physically hurt.

T-post Tom
06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
That's what I don't get? Why the sudden jump to barney badass cop? Why not "ma'am I know you are upset and I know you don't want to sign the ticket but this will make it worse. This does not say you are guilty but you have to sign it or I will have to arrest you and I really don't want to have to do that over a speeding ticket."

Instead he opens the car door and starts the whole I am God routine.

You sir, should consider a consulting job with Texas law enforcement. Nice post.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:18 PM
You sir, should consider a consulting job with Texas law enforcement. Nice post.

well ty ty:thumb:

Vegas_Dave
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
That was my point. I had guys in the liquor store all the time tearing stuff up...jumping up on the counter then backing off ...and if I so much as raised a baseball bat to them let alone my gun I would go to jail. But this guy felt he needed to tase a 72 yr old woman he could manhandle easily.

Sorry, the lady got what she had coming. All she needed to do was sign the speeding ticket. She elevated it to the level that it was.

Had the officer attempted to "manhandle" her, she would be able to claim excessive use of force.

She was in the wrong. Period. You break the law and do not comply, you face the consequence. The taser was the least offensive way to draw the encounter to a close... one that could have been completely avoided had she acted like a rational human being.

Jethopper
whats the problem

Sure-Oz
After saying that he should've tasered her

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry, the lady got what she had coming. All she needed to do was sign the speeding ticket. She elevated it to the level that it was.

Had the officer attempted to "manhandle" her, she would be able to claim excessive use of force.

She was in the wrong. Period. You break the law and do not comply, you face the consequence. The taser was the least offensive way to draw the encounter to a close... one that could have been completely avoided had she acted like a rational human being.

Agreed she could have made it all easier...the rest is um...bullshit

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
If you initiate physical contact because you think you're in danger of being struck by a vehicle, the smart play is to say something along the lines of "Ma'am, I'm sorry I had to push you, but I was in the line of traffic." That is an attempt to diffuse the situation which you ratcheted up in the first place.

WARNING NSFW

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/637_1173997492"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/637_1173997492" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

THE INCIDENT
Deputy Kyle Dinkheller, Laurens County, GA, was minutes from being off duty when he
encountered a speeding pickup truck going 98 mph. The deputy was an ICE (Interstate
Criminal Enforcement) officer that dealt with traffic infractions, speeding and the occasional
drug bust. This was a low risk or unknown risk stop for speeding. He radioed in the speeding
infraction, made a U-turn in the median and pursued the vehicle.
The driver, Andrew Brannan, stopped his vehicle, exited and started a crazy, dancing jig in
the middle of the road while swearing at the officer and shouting ‘I’m a god-damned
Vietnam vet.” At first, he ignored Dinkheller’s commands to step towards the deputy, which
always began with `Sir’.
When he finally complied, he attacked the deputy and a scuffle ensued. The deputy
implemented the use of his asp and ordered Brannan to `get back’. This procedure was
repeated, but after what appeared to be a second scuffle, the suspect returned to his vehicle
and retrieved a M-I Carbine from under the seat. The first shots were fired nearly 50 seconds
after Brannan returned to his vehicle despite the deputy’s commands
Brannan ignored the repeated commands to put the gun down and Deputy Dinkheller
apparently fired the first shot. Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, advanced firing on the deputy.
Dinkheller returned fire, but succeeded only in breaking a window in the driver’s side of the
pickup and wounding Brannan in the stomach. Using `suppressive fire’, Brannan
systematically, methodically shot Dinkheller in the arms, legs, exposed areas that would not
be covered had Dinkheller been wearing a bulletproof vest, slowly executing him. Reloading
his weapon Brannan continued firing with the final death shot to Dinkheller’s right eye.

T-post Tom
06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

As others have stated, she offered to sign at one point, but the officer allowed his ductless glands to drive his behavior. I know a lot of good cops that would have had that lady smiling and thanking them as she signed the ticket.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:25 PM
WARNING NSFW

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/637_1173997492"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/637_1173997492" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

So? How is this supposed to change or invalidate what I said, in even the slightest way?

dirk digler
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
WARNING NSFW

<object height="370" width="450">

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/637_1173997492" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="370" width="450"></object>

Damn.

When I first started working as a deputy I had to cover the jail one night and the Highway Patrol brought in a DWI. The guy was a former Vietnam Vet and he was going all crazy on me when I was trying to fingerprint him. He started having flashbacks and shit. I told him to calm down but he started coming after me so I emptied my can of mace on him and that did the trick. Luckily another officer was coming in and helped me drag his ass to the holding cell.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
So? How is this supposed to change or invalidate what I said, in even the slightest way?

that was a classic lets talk about it rather than take action video

Sure-Oz
06-10-2009, 08:30 PM
holy shit

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
WARNING NSFW

As tragic as that is this lady was nothing like this guy. And I would have to ask why wasn't this guy tased before he got back to his truck? Seriously? I mean this sucks and that is hard to fucking watch. But it seems excessive force was used on the old lady and not this psycho.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 08:33 PM

How many cops do you really think are killed by some Bad-ass? Ussually it's the one you least suspect that gets you.

Very good friend of mine who was a MHP (over 6'4, 240lbs & ripped) had the dog shit kicked out of him by a 5'1 98lbs woman. All because he tried to be the nice guy & NOT use force.

Sorry, it all boils down to a lack of respect by this lady. And in case you didn't catch it, trew out the "I'm 72 y/o" as if that is justification to be a Douche'

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
that was a classic lets talk about it rather than take action video

No, that was a classic "someone's gone nuts" video. It has nothing, at all, to do with hitting grandma with the taser.

Why is it that people today argue by taking two points which have nothing to do with one another and acting as if the first justifies the second? Here you go, since we're playing the extreme game...

Once, there was a woman who yelled at a man. Instead of him beating her to a bloody pulp, he walked away. She shot him and killed him. Therefore, proper procedure should always be for a man to beat the hell out of any woman who yells at him.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:34 PM
As tragic as that is this lady was nothing like this guy. And I would have to ask why wasn't this guy tased before he got back to his truck? Seriously? I mean this sucks and that is hard to ****ing watch. But it seems excessive force was used on the old lady and not this psycho.

it was used as an example as why you can't waste time saying things like " i pushed you because" or "take your hands out of your pockets because I am in fear of my life because you might have a weapon that could kill me"

you just don't have time to explain things to people in the heat of the moment, you are just supposed to do them or face the consequences. Unfortunately for this deputy he learned that the hard way

kstater
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
No, that was a classic "someone's gone nuts" video. It has nothing, at all, to do with hitting grandma with the taser.

Why is it that people today argue by taking two points which have nothing to do with one another and acting as if the first justifies the second? Here you go, since we're playing the extreme game...

Once, there was a woman who yelled at a man. Instead of him beating her to a bloody pulp, he walked away. She shot him and killed him. Therefore, proper procedure should always be for a man to beat the hell out of any woman who yells at him.

police officers have to assume the worst. If not they could be dead. That's the point. You can't assume that an old lady screaming at you acting crazy has no potential to kill you.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM

any argument to justify your position

T-post Tom
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
WARNING NSFW

Two very different incidents showing a lack of DISCERNMENT and JUDGEMENT from law enforcement. One cop was too quick to confrontation and the other too slow. I think we all can agree that it's a dangerous and often thankless job. If nothing else, we should all make an effort to thank those that 'protect & serve' when the opportunity arises.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:37 PM
How many cops do you really think are killed by some Bad-ass? Ussually it's the one you least suspect that gets you.

Very good friend of mine who was a MHP (over 6'4, 240lbs & ripped) had the dog shit kicked out of him by a 5'1 98lbs woman. All because he tried to be the nice guy & NOT use force.

Sorry, it all boils down to a lack of respect by this lady. And in case you didn't catch it, trew out the "I'm 72 y/o" as if that is justification to be a Douche'

1.) Nobody has to respect the police.

2.) The lady got out of the car as ordered. The policeman initiated physical violence.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:37 PM
it was used as an example as why you can't waste time saying things like " i pushed you because" or "take your hands out of your pockets because I am in fear of my life because you might have a weapon that could kill me"

you just don't have time to explain things to people in the heat of the moment, you are just supposed to do them or face the consequences. Unfortunately for this deputy he learned that the hard way

And I said... I know all situations you cannot do that. But the fact remains that people pulled shit like that to me all the time in the liquor store, reaching in their coat like they had a gun and if we pulled on them we got taken in for assault. It happened to a guy that worked for us there.

I don't understand why this guy was allowed to get back to the truck in the first place? See that is what I mean...he was allowed to get back to the truck and get a gun...the 72 yr old lady was tased even after she said she would sign the ticket.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
any argument to justify your position

Ummmm..... you're the one who pulled the officer shooting out to justify this guy tasering the old broad. I just tossed that sort of silliness back at you.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:40 PM
police officers have to assume the worst. If not they could be dead. That's the point. You can't assume that an old lady screaming at you acting crazy has no potential to kill you.

Sorry but I disagree to a point. They have to assess the situation as well. They cannot just assume everyone is the same. That is how cops get in trouble and get a bad wrap. If I would have taken the same action as a cop would everytime I assumed the worst in the liquor store my ass would be doing time right now.

JOhn
1.) Nobody has to respect the police.

2.) The lady got out of the car as ordered. The policeman initiated physical violence.

Did I saw you have to respect the officer? No, but you do have to respect the law. Two entirely different things.

Just Passin' By

Everyone should assume the worst. If not, they could be dead. You can't assume that some woman yelling at you has no potential to kill you.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Again I feel so bad for this Deputy who was brutally executed. But I don't understand why he allowed the guy to return to the truck. Seems to me at least my instinct would have been to get between the guy and the truck the first time he was away from it. I know it is easy for me to say that but again, my natural instint would to have not let him back to the truck.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Did I saw you have to respect the officer? No, but you do have to respect the law. Two entirely different things.

No, you don't have to respect the law either. You may go to jail for it if you don't, however.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:43 PM

1.) She got out of the car when told to do so.

2.) The cop pushed her, not the other way around.

Did you actually watch the video? Again, cops are trained to deal with this stuff. Any policeman who can't take down a 72 year old, woman who's NOT threatening him and is doing nothing more than yelling, by doing anything short of tasering the woman is an incompetent police officer and needs to be replaced. That idiot cop is a danger to himself, to other cops, and to the public at large.

JOhn
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
No, you don't have to respect the law either. You may go to jail for it if you don't, however.

Exactly!

Or get tased for it also.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Again I feel so bad for this Deputy who was brutally executed. But I don't understand why he allowed the guy to return to the truck. Seems to me at least my instinct would have been to get between the guy and the truck the first time he was away from it. I know it is easy for me to say that but again, my natural instint would to have not let him back to the truck.

again exactly what happened in the taser video she tried to go back to the truck 2 x

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:47 PM
again exactly what happened in the taser video she tried to go back to the truck 2 x

This was after she said she would sign the ticket. And again...I never said to let her get back in the truck. And he could have easily restrained her without a taser. I hate to sound cold about it but the cop that died didn't do what he should have done and the cop who tased the old lady did what he should not have done.

Reverse the situations and I think everything comes out better.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 08:51 PM
This was after she said she would sign the ticket.
I missed that...when?

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 08:52 PM
if a cop points a taser at you and says

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

you should probably back up

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I missed that...when?

Right around the 1:30 mark. Even before he had pushed her.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I missed that...when?

about 1:30 on the video "give it to me and I'll sign it"...that is when he shoved her.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:55 PM
if a cop points a taser at you and says

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

Back up or I'll tase you

you should probably back up

If a cop's that fearful of a physical confrontation, he should probably not be opening granny's door and putting himself into arm's reach and then pushing her just moments later.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
If a cop's that fearful of a physical confrontation, he should probably not be opening granny's door and putting himself into arm's reach and then pushing her just moments later.

you shouldn't dare someone to tase you when they are pointing a taser at you.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 08:58 PM

You shouldn't push an old woman and then taser her when she's not threatened you.

Do we play this bullshit dance all night?

petegz28
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM

That is so stupid. Like I said earlier...what if she dared him to shoot her?

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
You shouldn't push an old woman and then taser her when she's not threatened you.

Do we play this bullshit dance all night?

no we shouldn't. But I'm with the cop on this one.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 09:00 PM
That is so stupid. Like I said earlier...what if she dared him to shoot her?

a little different

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 09:00 PM
no we shouldn't. But I'm with the cop on this one.

Obviously. I'm opposed to incompetent policemen. You're all for them. Congratulations!

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
a little different

Well using your logic a dare is a dare.

Cops can't do that shit just because someone dares them. That was just an idiotic statement you made.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
about 1:30 on the video "give it to me and I'll sign it"...that is when he shoved her.

You know what that reminds me of is the defiant kid who refuses to do what te parent says until the parent says "okay time for a spanking" and the kid says "okay I'll do it" 9 times out of 10 it was "too late, you had your chance" I got my ass whooped ...er I mean those kids do

BigChiefFan
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
The cop is in the wrong. All that, over a traffic violation? He turned a routine traffic stop into a ordeal, by his OWN DOING.

Cannibal
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
What is so god damn hard about simply turning the old bag around and putting her hands behind her back? That cop is a fuckin moron.

Just Passin' By
06-10-2009, 09:06 PM
You know what that reminds me of is the defiant kid who refuses to do what te parent says until the parent says "okay time for a spanking" and the kid says "okay I'll do it" 9 times out of 10 it was "too late, you had your chance" I got my ass whooped ...er I mean those kids do

I've got no problem with arresting the old crow, assuming it's an arrestable offense to not sign that ticket. I've got a problem with the incompetent officer cracking out the taser when it wasn't needed or warranted.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Well I guess you feel a certain insecurity about your position as a law enforcer. He could have simply let her sign it and it all could have been done and over with. Instead now it is a big ordeal that will cost the county money, give the Sherrif a bad image and all over a speeding ticket and cop who was too much of a man to just let her sign the ticket and go. She is an old lady man. Old people are stubborn as it is. This escalated beacuse of both of them, not just her. She started it and he really knocked it up several notches.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM

On another note....did they catch that Brannan guy who killed the deputy?

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
On another note....did they catch that Brannan guy who killed the deputy?

yeah and sentenced to death ...still has not been executed...this happened in 1998

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah and sentenced to death ...still has not been executed...this happened in 1998

Damn shame our tax $'s are keeping him alive. Too bad his death will be more humane than the one he caused.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:12 PM

That was mortifying to watch. I wish that young man would've taken the subject down long before it got to the point it did. I know it's easy to play armchair police officer, and I know that police work is a thankless and under compensated position. But it's imperative that officers of the law take every precaution necessary to not abuse the power they're entrusted with.

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't care who is right or wrong here. I'm amazed at what a fucking pussy this pig is. Who the fuck tazes an old lady? Seriously. LMAO

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Well I guess you feel a certain insecurity about your position as a law enforcer. He could have simply let her sign it and it all could have been done and over with. Instead now it is a big ordeal that will cost the county money, give the Sherrif a bad image and all over a speeding ticket and cop who was too much of a man to just let her sign the ticket and go. She is an old lady man. Old people are stubborn as it is. This escalated beacuse of both of them, not just her. She started it and he really knocked it up several notches.

not at all but she had already made her decision to waste his time so he was "playing her game"...just cooperate and everything will go smoothly, act like a jerkoff and well...

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:14 PM
not at all but she had already made her decision to waste his time so he was "playing her game"...just cooperate and everything will go smoothly, act like a jerkoff and well...

His position dictates that he plays no one's game other than his own. And his game should not include that kind of behavior in that situation. Rationalizing it does not make it right.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:14 PM
That was mortifying to watch. I wish that young man would've taken the subject down long before it got to the point it did. I know it's easy to play armchair police officer, and I know that police work is a thankless and under compensated position. But it's imperative that officers of the law take every precaution necessary to not abuse the power they're entrusted with.

I do not disagree with anything in this statement :)

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM

I agree but he ended up being more of a jerk than her. Imo.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:16 PM
His position dictates that he plays no one's game other than his own. And his game should not include that kind of behavior in that situation. Rationalizing it does not make it right.

You should, if you haven't already, go ride with a KCMO police officer on a friday or saturday night this summer

BigChiefFan
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Police are SUPPOSED to be there to SERVE AND PROTECT citizens, let's not forget that important fact.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
You should, if you haven't already, go ride with a KCMO police officer on a friday or saturday night this summer

It would have to be an SPD. I will concede that I am not necessarily in a position to understand many of the things that you do. I'll also concede that I'm naturally softer than every single police officer roaming the streets. I flat out couldn't do your job. That said, there aren't many professions that would fall under my scrutiny when I have zero experience in the field. Police officers IMO, have to hold themselves to a higher standard and be alert enough to know what situations are much more likely to get out of hand.

I keep saying it wasn't like this 20 years ago. I'm sure criminals weren't this manipulative and sophisticated 20 years ago either.

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Well using your logic a dare is a dare.

Cops can't do that shit just because someone dares them. That was just an idiotic statement you made.

I don't know man, I wouldn't dare someone to tase me while they are pointing a taser at me. That's just me though. I guess that's stupid of me to think like that. I guess you should be allowed to run around in public and act like an asshole all the time and nothing bad ever happening to you. You want to speed! go ahead and speed! If the cop pulls you over, just tell them to fuck off and you're not signing it because you felt like speeding that day. Acting stupid in public is a GREAT thing, nothing bad should EVER happen to you when you do that. When I get older I can't wait to break laws and then resist arrest, tell the cops to fuck off, tell them to take me to jail! and then once I change my mind I don't have to go! Then everybody gets to see the video of me acting like a jerk in public and everybody can feel sorry for me because something bad happened as a result of my idiotic actions. I can't wait for that day.

Pablo
06-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't care who is right or wrong here. I'm amazed at what a fucking pussy this pig is. Who the fuck tazes an old lady? Seriously. LMAOBitch made police officers do.

God knows that fucker couldn't have possibly contained that lady, she was definitely a threat to the officer and society in general.

She had to be tazed, there was no other solution.

Power-tripping pussbag cop.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't know man, I wouldn't dare someone to tase me while they are pointing a taser at me. That's just me though. I guess that's stupid of me to think like that. I guess you should be allowed to run around in public and act like an asshole all the time and nothing bad ever happening to you. You want to speed! go ahead and speed! If the cop pulls you over, just tell them to fuck off and you're not signing it because you felt like speeding that day. Acting stupid in public is a GREAT thing, nothing bad should EVER happen to you when you do that. When I get older I can't wait to break laws and then resist arrest, tell the cops to fuck off, tell them to take me to jail! and then once I change my mind I don't have to go! Then everybody gets to see the video of me acting like a jerk in public and everybody can feel sorry for me because something bad happened as a result of my idiotic actions. I can't wait for that day.

I don't think anyone here who is questioning this officer's actions are condoning how that little, old, partially delusional lady was acting.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
It would have to be an SPD.

Springfield?

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Springfield?

I live out in Seattle.

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Police are SUPPOSED to be there to SERVE AND PROTECT citizens, let's not forget that important fact.

Cop: You have any drugs in that car sir?

Criminal: Yeah just a key..., awe sh!t I screwed that up....do I get do overs?

DenverChief
06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I live out in Seattle.

OOHHHH i saw Lenexa and thought you were in Kansas....King County Sheriff? I know those guys get into A LOT of stuff

KCChiefsMan
06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't think anyone here who is questioning this officer's actions are condoning how that little, old, partially delusional lady was acting.

If I acted like that, I would expect a beat down. Good thing for me, I don't act like that. I think the laws need a little change, people should get beat down a little bit to teach them a lesson. This country is getting dumber and dumber and it's only going to get worse. The lady that got tased, she did not admit that she did anything wrong, she lied and said that she was not acting the way she was. Sorry, people like that deserve what they get. I know that's not the popular opinion here, but that's what it should be like every single day.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
OOHHHH i saw Lenexa and thought you were in Kansas....King County Sheriff? I know those guys get into A LOT of stuff

The Lenexa thing is a Demonpenz deal. Yeah, King County has plenty of fun but it was Pierce County (Tacoma) that was on Cops all the time back in the day. It's probably not a bad idea dude. I feel so strongly about it, that a little opposite side perspective is probably exactly what I need.

But I honestly don't think there's anything that will convince me this was a necessary outcome for a 72 year old woman. JMHO

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
If I acted like that, I would expect a beat down. Good thing for me, I don't act like that. I think the laws need a little change, people should get beat down a little bit to teach them a lesson. This country is getting dumber and dumber and it's only going to get worse. The lady that got tased, she did not admit that she did anything wrong, she lied and said that she was not acting the way she was. Sorry, people like that deserve what they get. I know that's not the popular opinion here, but that's what it should be like every single day.

You could always move to China. There are some other options as well. I don't really see the US deciding to beat sense into their citizens. Believe it or not, it tends to be counter productive. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your dad beat the living shit out of you while you were growing up. I'd also wager that you consider yourself a better person for it. I promise you there's not an oz. of judgment in those guesses.

Micjones
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I can't disagree with you at all. Anyone else, I'd say hey, you asked for it. But her age definitely plays a very large factor in my assessment of it. It was downright criminal IMO, if he can't make better decisions that that one, he shouldn't be doing the job.

She said she'd sign the ticket AFTER he shoved her. It was emotional for her, she posed no real threat, it's HIS job to defuse that situation. That's part of the job duties for police officers. Defuse, not escalate those situations. What really set me off was the sheriff condoning it. Have we really been conditioned to this so much that our mentality is they be held accountable for nothing? Comply or get your ass kicked? God, they must love it compared to how it was 20 years ago. This would've NEVER happened back then. I guarantee it.

I don't think failure to comply warrants getting your ass kicked, but that's certainly what I'd expect. We're on the same side of this issue. I'm just thinking about how I might've handled it if I'd been in her shoes.

petegz28
06-10-2009, 09:35 PM

Dude, I had a 12 gauge bullpup under the counter at the liquor store. A well known customer came in with his buddy one night and was drunk and starting shit. I let him run his mouth for about 15 minutes just asking him to leave. He kept saying "pull your little .38 mother ****er". Finally I got tired of his shit and told the guy I was working with to call the cops....no sooner than my co-worker turned his back the guy and his buddy were up on the counter coming at me and I grabbed the 12 gauge and told them to back the **** off or they could leave in an ambulance. The 2 guys froze in their tracks, shit in their pants and left. 30 minutes later here come the cops wanting to arrest me for assault. They are all flashing their lights under the counter and they saw the shotgun and told me "that is not the proper type of weapon to protect your store with". Not until I rewound the security video and showed them the 2 guys coming over the counter were they backing off. And one still was flipping me shit for pulling the gun on them and I finally told him "hey man....there is only one reason for people to come over that counter and that one reason puts my life in danger". He lept saying how I was lucky they weren't going to run me in.....probably cause I name dropped a coulple sergeants I knew at the time.

Anyhow...let us not pretend some cops aren't jsut dicks. And I gauran-damn-tee you if those 2 guys went after those 2 cops like they came after me they would have had the crap kicked out of them by the cops.

This guy falls under the dick label if you ask me.

Der Flöprer
06-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't think failure to comply warrants getting your ass kicked, but that's certainly what I'd expect. We're on the same side of this issue. I'm just thinking about how I might've handled it if I'd been in her shoes.

Absolutely. I would've NEVER put myself in that situation. But unlike others, I don't dislike anyone for ignorance anymore than I dislike anyone for being black. People get nervous, or downright scared, and they don't know what the fuck to do. It's a police officer's job IMO to be the rational, alert, thinking person in any situation that requires the law's intervention.

BigChiefFan
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Yea, I'm sure that 72 year old lady had drugs on her.:rolleyes:

Yea, why honor the police motto of serving and protecting, when everybody must be guilty until proven innocent, right? ESPECIALLY, considering it was a TRAFFIC violation she was stopped for and has absolutely ZERO to do with suspicion of drugs.

BWillie
06-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Looks to me like he was warning her repeatedly for 5 minutes - 10 minutes. Then she attempted to restrain from arrest and get back in her vehicle. He warned her more than enough times, much more so than he would of done with any other person. Hell, if that was me, I would of been tasered the first time I tried to resist. Without warning probably. Being elderly doesn't give you an excuse to not obey a police officer, especially if you still with it enough to be driving. What a stupid hag.

Mr. Krab
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I still can't see shit on the bottom right corner of the video at the end. Most likely she wasn't, but either way I'm fine with the taser. People who act like that should be taught a little lesson. I don't think you understand just how much I hate stupid people. I really really really hate them. If she would have died, I'd still be on the cops side.
For someone too stupid to even neg rep me right, you must hate yourself a ton.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt2">http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p58313571993" width="50%"> 72 year old woman tasered (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5831357#post5831357) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">06-10-2009 08:25 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> KCChiefsMan (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1993) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">oopsy daisy</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p58313701993" width="50%"> 72 year old woman tasered (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5831370#post5831370) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">06-10-2009 08:24 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> KCChiefsMan (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=1993) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">nope, the more intelligent you are the more you hate stupid people. I see now why you side with the woman.</td></tr></tbody></table>.

:LOL: Moran

Inspector
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
SHOCKING!!!

(yeah, I haven't read all of this....probably already been said!)

petegz28
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Yea, I'm sure that 72 year old lady had drugs on her.:rolleyes:

Yea, why honor the police motto of serving and protecting, when everybody must be guilty until proven innocent, right? ESPECIALLY, considering it was a TRAFFIC violation she was stopped for and has absolutely ZERO to do with suspicion of drugs.

You make a good point. Seems more and more cops, that get the media attention anyway have a guilty until proven innocent mentality.