PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security B.O. wants Gitmo detainees read Miranda rights

***SPRAYER
06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
ROFL

You have the right to remain silent or, if you want, shout Allahu Akbar in a maniacal voice. Anything you say will be used against the United States by left-wing radical groups and the mainstream media. You have the right to use an ACLU attorney in bringing a frivolous lawsuit against the American government. If you cannot afford an attorney, the American taxpayers whom you haven't yet killed, will pay for one. If you do not understand these rights, you will be given a chance to sue us later for your failure to do so.

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Sht4Brns, I swear to god, your IQ drops a little more every time you post. I think you're almost into single digits now, aren't you?

***SPRAYER
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Sht4Brns, I swear to god, your IQ drops a little more every time you post. I think you're almost into single digits now, aren't you?

Ad hominim.
:rolleyes:

Silly moonbats.

:drool:

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Ad hominim.
I would have happily addressed your point, except that you didn't have one. It was just rambling stupidity.

Silly moonbats.

Yes, your post was a fine example of moonbattery. Thank you for pointing that out. Hey, maybe your idiocy is good for something after all - like showing us how moonbats really think.

J Diddy
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Ad hominim.

Silly moonbats.

Everything you type is ad hominem. I swear you know no different.

***SPRAYER
06-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh, I see I put Gitmo instead of Afghanistan.

But the fact remains, that jackass B.O. demands detainees be read "Miranda rights" to them.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-11-2009, 01:25 PM
You guys should cut him some slack. He's been driven to insanity on a slow, scenic ride that started back in November.

***SPRAYER
06-11-2009, 01:26 PM
You guys should cut him some slack. He's been driven to insanity on a slow, scenic ride that started back in November.

That's right, I'm just going along for the ride.

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Change_Asshole_160.gif

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh, I see I put Gitmo instead of Afghanistan.

But the fact remains, that jackass B.O. demands detainees be read "Miranda rights" to them.
I really couldn't give two shits whether they read them Miranda Rights or not. It doesn't make the rambling stupidity of your post any less moronic.

petegz28
06-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, more on topic, this is stupid. You don't read miranda rights to someone during a fucking war.

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 01:43 PM
It doesn't appear that there is any such policy. The Justice Dept. says there have been a few isolated cases of detainees being mirandized, but that there has been no policy change in regards to that. The White House claims they know nothing about it. By all appearances, this seems to be something the FBI has decided to do on its own. Given the source of the story (the Weekly Standard), I'd take the whole story with a grain of salt.

***SPRAYER
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I really couldn't give two shits whether they read them Miranda Rights or not. It doesn't make the rambling stupidity of your post any less moronic.

Yeah ok, Swish. I hit the submit button and didn't edit "Gitmo" with Afghanistan and you call me names, but Obama can far worse mistakes reading his teleprompter yet you continue to toss his salad.

God almighty but your breathe must stink like a Camel's crotch the way you suck tootsie rolls from B.O.'s brown eye.

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah ok, Swish. I hit the submit button and didn't edit "Gitmo" with Afghanistan and you call me names, but Obama can far worse mistakes reading his teleprompter yet you continue to toss his salad.
Whether you meant to say Gitmo or Afghanistan has nothing to do with anything. And pointing out that the Weekly Standard made up a story where there is none, and Fox ran with it, is "tossing his salad?"

The Justice Department said the White House didn't order it. The White House said they don't know anything about it. The actual person the Weekly Standard and Fox quoted didn't actually allege that the White House or Obama had anything to do with it, he only alleged that he had seen it being done in one instance. The WS and Fox decided to put words in his mouth and create a story where there was none. And, true to form, you bit on it hook, line and sinker.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-11-2009, 04:40 PM

God almighty but your breathe must stink like a Camel's crotch the way you suck tootsie rolls from B.O.'s brown eye.

LMAO Love him or hate him, he's a funny cat.

banyon
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, more on topic, this is stupid. You don't read miranda rights to someone during a ****ing war.

They're not in a war right now, they're going to be housed in the United States of America, where the Constitution is still the supreme law of the land.

This doesn't (I assume) mean that any prior confessions obtained would be excluded, unless of course they were coerced by torture.

mlyonsd
06-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Am I reading it right that only some of the detainees are read their rights?

Can someone 'splain that to me?

SNR
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
ANOTHER burden placed on the American taxpayer???? I swear to God Obama, you're such a-

Oh... wait....

banyon
06-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Am I reading it right that only some of the detainees are read their rights?

Can someone 'splain that to me?

I'll try to respond, but I'm not sure I understand your question.

Nightwish
06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll try to respond, but I'm not sure I understand your question.
He's asking why only some detainees are being selectively mirandized, rather than all of them. I'd say that since the order came from either the Justice Department of the FBI itself, and neither agency has publicized their rationale for it, any explanation would be a guess.

banyon
06-12-2009, 12:31 AM
He's asking why only some detainees are being selectively mirandized, rather than all of them. I'd say that since the order came from either the Justice Department of the FBI itself, and neither agency has publicized their rationale for it, any explanation would be a guess.

I don't understand the selection criteria.

jAZ
06-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Fox News reported today that this goes back to a Bush Administration policy from July 2008.

jAZ
06-12-2009, 01:32 AM
It's actually reporting by the Weekly Standard as aired on Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525863,00.html

STEVE HAYES, SENIOR WRITER, "THE WEEKLY STANDARD": ...
There are reports that this was happening on specific bases as going back early as July, 2008.

crazycoffey
06-12-2009, 05:42 AM
war is hell
we declared war on terror
terrorist still have more rights in this war than US troops
geneva is in switzerland, not cuba
however, we should still play the role of "older sibling" (ie, you're older - you should know better)
if this means reading the miranda, ok. I don't understand what good it does, but - ok.

PS, making muslim terrorist combatants pose naked (I know, be the older sibling) in front of a girl is not as inhumane as video taping beheadings or genocide or flying planes into buildings, but I've sworn myself to follow the rules you give me, oh mighty US government, I'll do the best I can to foresee a hostile act before it is acted out against myself or a team member so I can come home to my family, I'll do my best to gather information so as we can save future American lives without causing distress to the enemy, I'll do my best to befriend my enemy while he wears civilian clothes and only kill him after he attempts to kill me (and if he should kill me first, my family will succeed in starting a new life without me - with the 400,000 dollars you give them), and I'll do my best to understand a differnt culture than my own that I grew up with.

but can you do me just one favor?
can you give me a directive and the tools to carry it out to the best of my abilities without second guessing my tactics and changing the rules of engagement just once. One time let me see what I can do without you congressmen that are more concerned with public opinions and votes, looking over my shoulder and making adjustments for me without the proper vantage point to see what I have seen. One time, please - just once don't micro-manage my efforts to carry out what you wanted me to do at one time, only to change it after I bled, cried, and sweated in a foriegn soil. [/off soapbox]