PDA

View Full Version : Money Sports Authority Gift Card

stlchiefs
06-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I have a $333.00 gift card to Sports Authority that I'm trying to unload for cash. Does anyone have any large sporting goods purchases planned in the near future that could be made at Sports Authority. Craigslist has gotten me no leads thus far so I thought I'd turn to the planet. Anyone need any new golf clubs, jerseys, etc.

I apologize if this doesn't belong here or needs moved, etc. Thanks in advance for any serious responses. :thumb:

DaFace
06-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Eh, kinda sorta. We're looking at inversion tables, but generally we haven't been impressed with their prices. If you're looking to dump it for cheap, shoot me a PM with whatever you're considering.

Kyle DeLexus
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't have a major purchase planned, so I'm with DaFace if he doesn't like your cheap price shoot me a PM and I'll see if it's cheap enough for me.

stlchiefs
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm not looking to give it away as I can always find something to waste it on if it comes to that. Honestly I'm hoping to get around $300 for it. Ideally if someone is going to make a purchase anyway this is just going to reward them with $30+ to take it off my hands.

Gonzo
06-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm down for 50 bucks...
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
06-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll go $51.

Guru
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
ROFL

where is buckinkaeding when you need him?

stlchiefs
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I'll go $51.

If you and Gonzo find a couple more investors you just might have yourselves a gift card :D

stlchiefs
06-11-2009, 10:47 PM
ROFL

I saw how long his responses were, you gotta give him some time. Plus I'm sure he only does that at work, he wouldn't waste his own time writing that shit.

DaFace
06-11-2009, 10:47 PM
If you and Gonzo find a couple more investors you just might have yourselves a gift card :D

$51.83?

Guru
06-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I saw how long his responses were, you gotta give him some time. Plus I'm sure he only does that at work, he wouldn't waste his own time writing that shit.No, I was referring to him making a bid for this for more than its worth like he did on Ebay last year for a Little Big Planet mini billboard. HE was sweating that one out for a few hours just because he wanted to bump the profit it up for Tiny since he was involved in the design of it. heh

stlchiefs
06-13-2009, 08:42 AM
bump for myself

Smed1065
06-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok $52

RJ
06-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll go 100!

stlchiefs
06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
How do you 5 assholes plan to split this gift card? Are you going shopping together. :p I knew I couldn't count on the planet to help me out on this. Damn you people for being worthless. :evil:

Smed1065
06-13-2009, 12:33 PM
How do you 5 assholes plan to split this gift card? Are you going shopping together. :p I knew I couldn't count on the planet to help me out on this. Damn you people for being worthless. :evil:

Just cheap. Bad economy.

:LOL:

$101?

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2009, 01:16 PM
$200

stlchiefs
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Like I said I don't have to sell this, it isn't a fire sale, but I'd rather have the cash than the gift card. So, if someone has a planned purchase then I'd swap it for $300 and thus save them some money and get myself some cash, but I'm not in the position to take a beating on this.

crispystl420
06-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Like I said I don't have to sell this, it isn't a fire sale, but I'd rather have the cash than the gift card. So, if someone has a planned purchase then I'd swap it for $300 and thus save them some money and get myself some cash, but I'm not in the position to take a beating on this.

Put it on e-bay. I sell gift cards for barely under the amount all the time on there. Hell I sold a 25 dollar subway card for 23.99

stlchiefs
06-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Put it on e-bay. I sell gift cards for barely under the amount all the time on there. Hell I sold a 25 dollar subway card for 23.99

I thought about that, but when I looked at where most were ending it seems like you can take a decent hit on it sometimes. Reserve auctions never do well from my experience either.

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I thought about that, but when I looked at where most were ending it seems like you can take a decent hit on it sometimes. Reserve auctions never do well from my experience either.

It has a better shot of working than CP :) Maybe you'll find the right person who is planning a purchase and would like to save $30. Just put in the description that you are wanting to sell if for $300 and put that at the reserve. The reason reserves don't work well is because no one knows what the reserve is.

Smed1065
06-13-2009, 02:24 PM
It has a better shot of working than CP :) Maybe you'll find the right person who is planning a purchase and would like to save $30. Just put in the description that you are wanting to sell if for $300 and put that at the reserve. The reason reserves don't work well is because no one knows what the reserve is.

90%

I can get a better deal on the net.

No disrespect but CP is net familiar.

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2009, 02:30 PM
90%

Hey he said he wanted $300 for it

Consistent1
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
My opinion doesn't really matter, but I think $275 would be pretty fair for both parties if someone was going to use it. The buyer gets a substantial savings with some degree of hassle and the guy unloading it gets a pretty good percentage back. Like I said though JMO. Good luck.

stlchiefs
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
90%

Thanks for scaring away all my customers! :cuss:

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for scaring away all my customers! :cuss:

ROFL So far high bid was $200, I don't think you would have gotten there.

Der Flöprer
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
My opinion doesn't really matter, but I think $275 would be pretty fair for both parties if someone was going to use it. The buyer gets a substantial savings with some degree of hassle and the guy unloading it gets a pretty good percentage back. Like I said though JMO. Good luck.

I thought this too, I just didn't say anything. The fact is, whatever you buy at Sports Authority you can get cheaper online. $275 is doing you a favor.

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2009, 04:23 PM
That is true, Sports Authority is overpriced.

dj56dt58
06-14-2009, 12:46 AM
$250.00

Baconeater
06-14-2009, 12:48 AM
That sounds like something Guru would do.

Skip Towne
06-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Why would anybody give a gift card for $330? Why not just give the cash? That way you aren't screwed down to one store. Maybe they re-gifted it.

alnorth
06-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Why would anybody give a gift card for $330? Why not just give the cash? That way you aren't screwed down to one store. Maybe they re-gifted it.

Ya, if I was going to give a gift card, the only ones that are "safe" for a lot of cash would be something like Target or Wal-Mart

DaFace
06-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Maybe the result of a return without receipt? :shrug:

stlchiefs
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I won a golf club at an event and though I was given the receipt it was obviously not my credit card so they wouldn't credit it back to me, but only give me store credit.

DaFace
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
I won a golf club at an event and though I was given the receipt it was obviously not my credit card so they wouldn't credit it back to me, but only give me store credit.

I was half right.

Baconeater
06-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Club? As in one? Worth $330? Now I know why I don't play golf.

stlchiefs
06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Club? As in one? Worth $330? Now I know why I don't play golf.

Taylor Made R7 Driver

RJ
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
SA has a deal on a Taylor Made Burner 2009 driver with a fairway wood or hybrid for $299.99. I really like that driver (a friend has one) but I can't decide if I should make the purchase considering how often I play golf.....which isn't often. But damn, I like that driver.

Anyone have any opinions on that club?

Buck
06-14-2009, 10:28 PM
ROFL

WTF does this mean?

I don't want a Sports Authority GC.

Are you insinuating I spend my money on shit I don't need?

Der Flöprer
06-14-2009, 11:02 PM
WTF does this mean?

I don't want a Sports Authority GC.

Are you insinuating I spend my money on shit I don't need?

Everybody spends money on shit they don't need. Although the 2nd PS3 for dedicated blu ray watching may be an indicator. Don't look at me though dude, I've got $500 dumped into a video game drum set.

ravenous
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
If you are still selling it. Contact me via a PM or message and we can see if we can make things work.

Thanks

stlchiefs
07-01-2009, 11:08 PM
If you are still selling it. Contact me via a PM or message and we can see if we can make things work.

Thanks

Couldn't send you a PM, but sent you a message. It's still available. There's $303.08 left on it as I spent some last week. Let me know.

Baconeater
07-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Someone's first post ever is asking to buy a gift card? I'd say this has a 92% chance of being a scam.

stlchiefs
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Someone's first post ever is asking to buy a gift card? I'd say this has a 92% chance of being a scam.

yeah, we'll see how it goes :)

Baconeater
07-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah, get cash, and make sure you have one of those marker thingies so you can tell if the bills are real.

RJ
07-01-2009, 11:20 PM

Yeah, looks a little fishy.

But OTOH, it's a used gift card now and those are hard to sell. Like a sandwich with a bite out of it.

stlchiefs
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah, looks a little fishy.

But OTOH, it's a used gift card now and those are hard to sell. Like a sandwich with a bite out of it.

It's a store credit w/ a $300 balance on it. It's not like I wiped my ass with it. :D It all spends like cash when you get to the register. If you're planning on making a purchase on anything sports related it may be worth the time to save some cash. Full Disclosure: I have never taken or attempted to take a bite out of this gift card. :)

ravenous
07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Can't seem to send you a private message. There is no link to do so that I have found. Obviously I am new to the boards. Not a huge chiefs fan as I am not from the area. But I have a large purchase that I have been wanting to make at Sports Authority that I cannot find cheaper on the internet because it is a large item and shipping is expensive. I have verified paypal feedback and ebay which I could show you.

As I said, I understand not trusting me as I am new. But if you are interested in trying to make it work, send me a phone number and I will give you mine and we can talk about it and see if I can set your mind at ease. It would be me that would be at risk cause I would have to pony up some or all of the dough before you send the card.

Best wishes.

DaFace
07-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Can't seem to send you a private message. There is no link to do so that I have found. Obviously I am new to the boards. Not a huge chiefs fan as I am not from the area. But I have a large purchase that I have been wanting to make at Sports Authority that I cannot find cheaper on the internet because it is a large item and shipping is expensive. I have verified paypal feedback and ebay which I could show you.

As I said, I understand not trusting me as I am new. But if you are interested in trying to make it work, send me a phone number and I will give you mine and we can talk about it and see if I can set your mind at ease. It would be me that would be at risk cause I would have to pony up some or all of the dough before you send the card.

Best wishes.

You should have PM abilities now. But yeah, stl, I would tread lightly.

ravenous
07-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the PM abilities!

I am not looking to steal from anyone here. Been looking for a sizable sports authority card for some time. I want to buy something that is cheaper at sports authority than anywhere else because it is very heavy and thus shipping on internet purchases is prohibitively expensive.

As I mentioned in my PM to stlchiefs, the risk would likely be in my court as I would have to pay for the card before taking delivery of it. I can establish trustworthiness to stlchiefs by exposing my long established ebay account and or paypal account if that would help.

Anyway. If it doesn't work out, I understand and won't take it personally.

Have a good day. And go chiefs... Wait, what am I saying! I am a Niners fan! Now I KNOW the deal is off.

:P

Buck
07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Easiest way to do this.

Agree on a price.

stlchiefs lists it as a buy it now on ebay for that price and sends the link to ravenous. He pays w/ paypal, all parties are protected.

Boom.

Short Leash Hootie
07-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Easiest way to do this.

Agree on a price.

stlchiefs lists it as a buy it now on ebay for that price and sends the link to ravenous. He pays w/ paypal, all parties are protected.

Boom.
then you have to pay an ebay commission...

how about this...ravenous sends the money...and then he reports back to chiefsplanet when he gets the card...if stl screws him over...we sick chiefsplanet on him...

Buck
07-02-2009, 02:36 PM
then you have to pay an ebay commission...

how about this...ravenous sends the money...and then he reports back to chiefsplanet when he gets the card...if stl screws him over...we sick chiefsplanet on him...

What like $1 to ebay? Who cares?

Short Leash Hootie
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
It would be like 10% (I think)...so like $25-$30.

DaFace
07-02-2009, 02:41 PM
It would be like 10% (I think)...so like $25-$30.

Correct. Ebay's rates are insane these days.

Buck
07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I just sold 2 items on Ebay for $40 combined and paid no fees. Some promo they are doing.

May be different since mine was an auction.

highBOLTage
07-02-2009, 03:10 PM
I just sold 2 items on Ebay for $40 combined and paid no fees. Some promo they are doing.

May be different since mine was an auction.
This?
http://pages.ebay.com/sell/June2009/List5Free/index.html
You still pay final value fees.
OP might be able to get a decent deal still on ebay by selling at near full value and with 8% cashback via Bing for the customer.

Simply Red
07-02-2009, 03:16 PM
offers?

Buck
07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't know what it was. It was listed as a "Sale" and I didn't pay a single fee to Ebay.

DaFace
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't know what it was. It was listed as a "Sale" and I didn't pay a single fee to Ebay.

Are you sure? They typically bill you for your fees later.

tomahawk kid
07-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I'll give you $50 for it, sight unseen.

Buck
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok, i checked what i got in my Paypal compared to the selling price and They took $0.25 off each one. The sell prices were $17.50 and $20.50

Not 10%

Der Flöprer
07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Ok, i checked what i got in my Paypal compared to the selling price and They took $0.25 off each one. The sell prices were $17.50 and $20.50

Not 10%

That was the paypal fee dude. Check your Ebay invoices, and pending charges.

Phobia
07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
The clear solution for this is to send him a money order for, say double the amount. After he cashes the money order he can sent the balance back to you via Western Union. That way everybody is doubly protected.

Buck
07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Damnit. I dont care anymore. Ebay can the whole thing if they want to.

RJ
07-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the PM abilities!

I am not looking to steal from anyone here. Been looking for a sizable sports authority card for some time. I want to buy something that is cheaper at sports authority than anywhere else because it is very heavy and thus shipping on internet purchases is prohibitively expensive.

As I mentioned in my PM to stlchiefs, the risk would likely be in my court as I would have to pay for the card before taking delivery of it. I can establish trustworthiness to stlchiefs by exposing my long established ebay account and or paypal account if that would help.

Anyway. If it doesn't work out, I understand and won't take it personally.

Have a good day. And go chiefs... Wait, what am I saying! I am a Niners fan! Now I KNOW the deal is off.

:P

Are you by any chance Nigerian, or do you have a Nigerian attorney?

stlchiefs
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
PM sent.

ravenous
07-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Responded via PM with offer. Let me know what you think.

Kyle DeLexus
07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Responded via PM with offer. Let me know what you think.

So when you get this are you going to the whole thing?

ravenous
07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry Kyle, I didn't understand your question. Did you mean am I going to use the whole thing? If so, yes. I plan to.

ravenous
07-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Well, things worked out great between stlchiefs and I. What a great guy to work with. Took my payment via paypal and shipped out the gift card and got it to CA in two days in time for a big sale at Sports Authority. Now if I can figure out how rep points work here, I will try to leave some for him. Hints anyone, or I will just start pecking around.

Turns out the item I was looking to buy was 30% off and I found a 25% off a single item coupon that was good for 2 days. So ended up getting a huge steal on it. The sale and the coupons took it to nearly 50% off, plus the discount from the gift card = huge saving for me. I know others argued that SA price is already way marked up over buying on the web, but for big ticket items that are very heavy SA was cheaper than the web by far.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to stlchiefs for his great communication, patience and delivering so fast and exactly as promised.

Thanks man.

Sofa King
07-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Are you by any chance Nigerian, or do you have a Nigerian attorney?

damnit... you beat me to it...

he sounds like Mr. Bright...

i got an email from him not too long ago saying a company made some 15 million in "Excess Profits" and he was to pass the profit on to me...

ridiculous...noone makes excess profits... just profits...

stlchiefs
07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, things worked out great between stlchiefs and I. What a great guy to work with. Took my payment via paypal and shipped out the gift card and got it to CA in two days in time for a big sale at Sports Authority. Now if I can figure out how rep points work here, I will try to leave some for him. Hints anyone, or I will just start pecking around.

Turns out the item I was looking to buy was 30% off and I found a 25% off a single item coupon that was good for 2 days. So ended up getting a huge steal on it. The sale and the coupons took it to nearly 50% off, plus the discount from the gift card = huge saving for me. I know others argued that SA price is already way marked up over buying on the web, but for big ticket items that are very heavy SA was cheaper than the web by far.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to stlchiefs for his great communication, patience and delivering so fast and exactly as promised.

Thanks man.

Ditto. The buyer was a good guy who came through on his end of the deal. It's kinda cool how these things work out sometimes.

DaFace
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Ooh! Do I get a cut for giving him the privs to complete the transaction? :D

Buck
07-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Damnit, you were right.

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period from June 16, 2009 through July 15, 2009 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: $4.19

Just got that in an email.