PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Fantasy Trade Advice..

The Bad Guy
06-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I was offered this trade today:

Johan Santana, Heath Bell, Chipper Jones for Albert Pujols, Yunel Escobar, Matt Capps.

After the trade, my team would look like this:

C- Pablo Sandoval
1st- Kevin Youkilis
2nd- Brian Roberts
SS- Troy Tulo
3B- Chipper
LF- Soriano
CF- Upton
RF - Kemp
UT- Uggla, Quentin, DeRosa

SP- Johan, Roy Halladay, Scott Kazmir, Jered Weaver, Aaron Harang, Francisco Liriano, Jonathan Papelbon, Jose Valverde, Heath Bell, Joel Zumaya

Would you make this trade if you were me?

Short Leash Hootie
06-12-2009, 09:27 AM
No. I would never trade Albert Pujols. Your pitching staff is fine with Halladay and Weaver. You should look to trade Uggla for a starting pitcher if anything.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
You are right. I'm not going to take it.

Mecca
06-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't..in fantasy baseball pitching is easier to come by than top of the line hitting.

Your lineup is probably the best one in the league just looking at that.

Short Leash Hootie
06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I drafted this:

HH24 drafted Mark Reynolds, Ari 3B from Free Agency to Bench
HH24 drafted Justin Upton, Ari OF from Free Agency to OF
HH24 drafted Johnny Damon, NYY OF from Free Agency to OF
HH24 drafted Raul Ibanez, Phi OF from Free Agency to OF
HH24 drafted Hunter Pence, Hou OF from Free Agency to OF
HH24 drafted Carlos Quentin*, CWS OF from Free Agency to OF
HH24 drafted Adrian Gonzalez, SD 1B from Free Agency to 1B
HH24 drafted Alex Rodriguez, NYY 3B from Free Agency to 3B
HH24 drafted Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B from Free Agency to 2B/SS
HH24 drafted Chase Utley, Phi 2B from Free Agency to 2B
HH24 drafted Adam Lind, Tor OF from Free Agency to Bench

And turned it into a 9th place team with a wretched offense...

I over-managed this year...big time.

DJ's left nut
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM
I was offered this trade today:

Johan Santana, Heath Bell, Chipper Jones for Albert Pujols, Yunel Escobar, Matt Capps.

After the trade, my team would look like this:

C- Pablo Sandoval
1st- Kevin Youkilis
2nd- Brian Roberts
SS- Troy Tulo
3B- Chipper
LF- Soriano
CF- Upton
RF - Kemp
UT- Uggla, Quentin, DeRosa

SP- Johan, Roy Halladay, Scott Kazmir, Jered Weaver, Aaron Harang, Francisco Liriano, Jonathan Papelbon, Jose Valverde, Heath Bell, Joel Zumaya

Would you make this trade if you were me?

Pujols needs to bring absurd talent. He's so steady and helps in so many categories that it's nearly impossible to justify cutting him loose. I'd consider a counter with an extra top-shelf SPer thrown in as well (I think you take if it Beckett or someone of that ilk are included), but not for just Johan.

You do need starting pitching pretty badly. Halladay's great but Weaver isn't as good as he's pitched thus far, you'll see a correction there fairly soon. Kazmir's done and Harang is terrifyingly inconsistent. Liriano is scared of his slider and will probably never be an elite pitcher again either. Depending on what your categories are (and the depth of the league), that team looks incredibly overmatched in the SPing dept.

See if you can get another SPer without breaking the bank. Tommy Hanson's a high upside guy that's on waivers in a lot of leagues. There are folks like Randy Wolf that can get you some quality innings. Some folks still haven't noticed Gavin Floyd seems to have it together, he may be out there. Try to find a frustrated Lackey owner, his stuff is there but he's extremely rusty. He'll be a good buy-low candidate when he gets his feet back under him.

If you're in a head to head league then you need to gear up for the playoffs (they're all that really matters) so see if Sheets and/or Duchsherer are still on waivers.

Don't take this deal, but fix your pitching ASAP.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Pujols needs to bring absurd talent. He's so steady and helps in so many categories that it's nearly impossible to justify cutting him loose. I'd consider a counter with an extra top-shelf SPer thrown in as well (I think you take if it Beckett or someone of that ilk are included), but not for just Johan.

You do need starting pitching pretty badly. Halladay's great but Weaver isn't as good as he's pitched thus far, you'll see a correction there fairly soon. Kazmir's done and Harang is terrifyingly inconsistent. Liriano is scared of his slider and will probably never be an elite pitcher again either. Depending on what your categories are (and the depth of the league), that team looks incredibly overmatched in the SPing dept.

See if you can get another SPer without breaking the bank. Tommy Hanson's a high upside guy that's on waivers in a lot of leagues. There are folks like Randy Wolf that can get you some quality innings. Some folks still haven't noticed Gavin Floyd seems to have it together, he may be out there. Try to find a frustrated Lackey owner, his stuff is there but he's extremely rusty. He'll be a good buy-low candidate when he gets his feet back under him.

If you're in a head to head league then you need to gear up for the playoffs (they're all that really matters) so see if Sheets and/or Duchsherer are still on waivers.

Don't take this deal, but fix your pitching ASAP.

What is hilarious is that I have the best pitching staff statistically in the league.

I'm going to keep Pujols and deal other pieces. I disagree about Kazmir being done though.

RJ
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
You just don't trade Pujols, unless perhaps it's a keeper league, you're rebuilding and his salary has escalated to a figure you can't afford. And even then it has to be a really great offer.