PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos' Marshall Skips Mandatory Camp LOL

EyePod
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Broncos' Marshall Skips Mandatory Camp; Chiefs Fans Laugh (Again)

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/profile_images/77308/TG_tiny.jpg by primetime 07 (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/users/primetime%2007) on Jun 12, 2009 11:51 AM CDT (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/6/12/907319/broncos-marshall-skips-mandatory) in 2009 Offseason (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/section/2009-offseason) http://cdn3.sbnation.com/images/icons/comment.v1599.png 12 comments
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/171150/topper-marshall_medium.jpg (http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/171150/topper-marshall.jpg)
via i.usatoday.net (http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/10/01/topper-marshall.jpg)
Ho, ho, ho. Things just keep getting better in Denver. Back on March 16th, Chris talked about then Bronco Jay Cutler (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2919/Jay_Cutler) asking to be traded. The title was eerily similar to the one I've just posted:
Denver QB Jay Cutler Asks to be Traded; Chiefs Fans Laugh (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/16/798792/denver-qb-jay-cutler-asks)
Now, we laugh again.
The best weapon remaining on the team, Brandon Marshall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2944/Brandon_Marshall), is skipping mandatory mini-camp, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12577176). Marshall is supposedly looking for a new deal. Great timing, right? Here's what Mile High Report (http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/6/12/907285/brandon-marshall-stays-away-from)commenter PredominantlyOrange (http://www.milehighreport.com/users/PredominantlyOrange) had to say on the subject over at MHR: Youíve got an obvious attempt to change the culture of the locker room. Brandon Marshall has now decided to buck that by asking for more money when its not reasonable to expect itó heís still facing a possible suspension, he hasnít showed that he can be durable and he has not proved that he can excell in the new scheme. To me, the horrible timing of this move would be obvious to a brain injured monkey.
Thus, I can only conclude that the only thing Brandon Marshall can be thinking is that any outcome is acceptable to him, including a departure from Denver. In fact, a reasonable man might expect this move to end his Denver career. I think Brandon Marshall is a reasonable man.
I am having a really hard time with something that I need you all to help me with. What's better - The Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) offseason acquisitions of Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1659/Matt_Cassel) or the Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/DEN) loss of Jay Cutler and now this latest Brandon Marshall development?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/6/12/907319/broncos-marshall-skips-mandatory

Best Offseason EVER!!!

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Jack to the ass...

dirk digler
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
LMAO

I really am feeling sorry for the Donkeys ;)

Buehler445
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
ROFL. Where his Homo 255286584239842388 and Donko DoucheBob?
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
so what about all his arrests and stuff? was that all still just wrong place, wrong time, or crazy women?

this guy sure seems to have a problem with other people making him make bad choices over and over.

SBK
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
It's almost as if Al Davis is running the show in Denver now. LMAO

SNR
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
LMAO

I really am feeling sorry for the Donkeys ;)I'm not. With the sudden influx of donkey trolls to the Planet this offseason, it's made me hate that team more than I have the past few seasons.

BigChiefFan
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Karma for Bronco Knob.

FAX
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh, what a tangled web.

But, never fear, goat fans. The NFL will surely step in and provide you with a half-dozen compensatory draft picks.

FAX

EyePod
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I love how dysfunctional they are. It makes me so happy that it's not us. I know we're only hearing good stuff from camp, but it's still a lot better hearing almost no problems compared to the shit the Donkey's are pulling off.

Buck
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
What are the Chances that McDaniels is fired before the end of this season?

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I HATE DENVER...........LOL............BUT I LOVE THIS.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
What are the Chances that McDaniels is fired before the end of this season?

Over this? That's kinda crazy...

Aside from the fumbling of the initial deal with Cutler, nothing major has really gone against him.

Marshall- he's picking a bad time to test the team. Yes, he deserves a new contract, but his off the field antics are his problem.. not showing up won't help him.

Buck
06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Over this? That's kinda crazy...

Aside from the fumbling of the initial deal with Cutler, nothing major has really gone against him.

Marshall- he's picking a bad time to test the team. Yes, he deserves a new contract, but his off the field antics are his problem.. not showing up won't help him.

Not just this.

The Broncos are in disarray it seems like. If the Broncos have a horrible season on the field, I could definitely see it happening.

Von Dumbass
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
No biggie. Training camp is a month away.

Warrior5
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Breaks my heart.

Piss on Denver.

EyePod
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM
No biggie. Training camp is a month away.

Good point. Oh wait, this was a mandatory practice. Even our two disgruntled players showed up to the mandatory practices.

Pestilence
06-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Think the Bears will trade for him?

wild1
06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Think the Bears will trade for him?

I think the Broncos will trade him for more running backs.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2009, 01:45 PM
He wouldn't have participated anyway. He's recovering form hip surgery and doesn't trust the Bronco training staff. I don't blame him.

Spicy McHaggis
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I think the Broncos will trade him for more running backs.

A bold move, Cotton. We'll see if it pays off for them.

wasi
06-12-2009, 02:01 PM
There is more to this story than the Broncos fans on CP want us to believe.

It has less to do with mistrust in training staffs, or leverage for contract negotiations and more to do with the fact that there are huge changes in Denver that for the most part aren't changes for the better. If I were a Broncos fan about the only thing I would be excited with is the fact they drafted Moreno who is an upgrade to anything they've had there since Portis.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2009, 02:04 PM
huge changes in Denver that for the most part aren't changes for the better.

How do you figure?

Just Passin' By
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM

It has less to do with mistrust in training staffs, or leverage for contract negotiations and more to do with the fact that there are huge changes in Denver that for the most part aren't changes for the better. If I were a Broncos fan about the only thing I would be excited with is the fact they drafted Moreno who is an upgrade to anything they've had there since Portis.

The Broncos should be better at running back, wide receiver, tight end and safety. They have the potential to be better at linebacker and corner. The only position that they are noticeably worse, talent-wise, is at quarterback. Now, I get the whole "that's the most important position" argument, but I don't get your "for the most part...." assertion.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Lots of words based on nothing...

Von Dumbass
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Good point. Oh wait, this was a mandatory practice. Even our two disgruntled players showed up to the mandatory practices.

Were they injured? Are they recovering from surgery? Are they physically able to practice?

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Were they injured? Are they recovering from surgery? Are they physically able to practice?

My thought is that even though he is recovering from injury, he needs to be doing his rehab in Denver. Marshall has too many off the field issues to kick off his relationship with the new coach by skipping this event.

Mr. Krab
06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
LMAO

I really am feeling sorry for the Donkeys ;)
Not even for a micro-second. In fact, until you mentioned it i hadn't even thought of feeling sorry, bad or doing anything but laugh at them.

88TG88
06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Not even for a micro-second. In fact, until you mentioned it i hadn't even thought of feeling sorry, bad or doing anything but laugh at them.

this

ha

Von Dumbass
06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
My thought is that even though he is recovering from injury, he needs to be doing his rehab in Denver. Marshall has too many off the field issues to kick off his relationship with the new coach by skipping this event.

It would be nice if he was in Denver rehabbing, but I guess Brandon has some issues with the training staff in Denver.

I agree with the second part of your post, but don't think it is that big of a deal yet. He is in Denver, and he is planning on meeting with Bowlen and McDaniels sometime today, hopefully it all works out.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
It would be nice if he was in Denver rehabbing, but I guess Brandon has some issues with the training staff in Denver.

I agree with the second part of your post, but don't think it is that big of a deal yet. He is in Denver, and he is planning on meeting with Bowlen and McDaniels sometime today, hopefully it all works out.

I've grown to be jaded towards players with phenomenal talent on the field and $.02 brains off it... the guy is tremendous, but he's not a saint... I have issues with him, and I think he owes it to the team to be there, despite what he thinks about the training staff.

That's weak.

KCUnited
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
So the guy is recovering from surgery, won't rehab with team doctors and wants a new contract?

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM

I disagree. The Greek is an idiot and should have been fired 8 years ago. We lead the league over that time in soft tissue injuries. He's the only common thread. Marshall was missed diagnosed last year and suffered for it. I don't blame him.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM
So the guy is recovering from surgery, won't rehab with team doctors and wants a new contract?

"BRILLIANT"

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/75318/brilliant_medium.jpg

wasi
06-12-2009, 03:04 PM
The Broncos should be better at running back, wide receiver, tight end and safety. They have the potential to be better at linebacker and corner. The only position that they are noticeably worse, talent-wise, is at quarterback. Now, I get the whole "that's the most important position" argument, but I don't get your "for the most part...." assertion.

I don't see them having dramatically improved the wideout position. Adding Gaffney would be ok.. yet the overall grade remains the same for me. If anything the group as a whole will struggle due to the downgrade at QB.

What did they do to upgrade at TE? Until the second day picks show something this one is a +/- 0.

I agree the pick up of Dawkins is an upgrade over what they had last year. Although the questions in the front seven could force Dawkins to play at the line more, which will create problems for his aging frame and limit his impact in coverage. He's probably not as fast as he was a few years ago. I'd make this same agruement about the corner they drafted. He could very well turn out to be a good player but we saw last year with the Chiefs that despite the abilities of the secondary if the front seven sucks it doesn't matter. Denver has issues at the line.

When I said for the most part I meant looking at the team big picture. Sure they picked up some good players. Virtually ever team is able to get some guys every offseason that on paper upgrade a position or two. But until the games start we don't know s**t. I've been around and worked in enough sports and other organizations that I firmly believe that the changes that Denver made this offseason will impact them negatively, for the most part they got worse. When organizational change occurs, especially at the leadership level as it did in both KC and Denver, the perception of the head the organization is a key to gaining moral and buy-in from the members of that organization undergoing change.

As of right now, Denvers coach is under a lot of pressure. There are more question marks (maybe not more but bigger ones) than last season and now their best player just gave a big indication that he isn't buying in to the new leadership. Having not played a single meaningful game yet how can anyone say thats not a sign that for the most part Denver's changes have been for the worst.

JuicesFlowing
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
What, Bronco Rob didn't post this?

listopencil
06-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I disagree. The Greek is an idiot and should have been fired 8 years ago. We lead the league over that time in soft tissue injuries. He's the only common thread. Marshall was missed diagnosed last year and suffered for it. I don't blame him.

Yep. Marshall has reason to distrust the Broncos when it comes to rehab. Frankly I'm glad that he is getting medical help from outside the organization.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't see them having dramatically improved the wideout position. Adding Gaffney would be ok.. yet the overall grade remains the same for me. If anything the group as a whole will struggle due to the downgrade at QB.

Honestly, there was nothing to upgrade at WR... Gaffney is good depth, knows the 'system' can help the others grasp it. Right now, yes - Orton is a clear downgrade from Cutler, but you're comparing Orton's stats in CHI (little in the passing attack at his disposal) and Cutler with the weapons that now call Orton their QB. Orton isn't elite, but he also isn't a complete spare... we'll see what happens soon enough.

What did they do to upgrade at TE? Until the second day picks show something this one is a +/- 0.

If healthy, Tony S can be all they need in the passing game, they have solid depth and the rookie is insurance and for 2009, ST's and nothing more.

I agree the pick up of Dawkins is an upgrade over what they had last year. Although the questions in the front seven could force Dawkins to play at the line more, which will create problems for his aging frame and limit his impact in coverage. He's probably not as fast as he was a few years ago. I'd make this same agruement about the corner they drafted. He could very well turn out to be a good player but we saw last year with the Chiefs that despite the abilities of the secondary if the front seven sucks it doesn't matter. Denver has issues at the line.

That's really all you needed to focus on and Denver's had issues with the front 7 for years, Shanahan could never fix it and I can't imagine that Josh will cure it in an offseason. They have a brand new system, many new players on that side of the ball... it remains to be seen if the guys that couldn't play well in the old system will improve or continue to suck in the new system.

When I said for the most part I meant looking at the team big picture. Sure they picked up some good players. Virtually ever team is able to get some guys every offseason that on paper upgrade a position or two. But until the games start we don't know s**t. I've been around and worked in enough sports and other organizations [/color]that I firmly believe that the changes that Denver made this offseason will impact them negatively, for the most part they got worse.

Somebody that thinks they're wise once said "until the games start we don't know s**t." Oh, that was you ... and in that very paragraph. It's nice to know you've been around, but while every addition won't pay off, several of them were very solid and smart additions. Feel free to go player by player (the FA additions on defense that is) and point out why you firmly believe they'll have a negative impact in the new system... you won't though.

When organizational change occurs, especially at the leadership level as it did in both KC and Denver, the perception of the head the organization is a key to gaining moral and buy-in from the members of that organization undergoing change.

No question about it and if anyone thinks the coach will blink after the Cutler fiasco, they should think again. Aside from that and how it initially took shape, I think some are making more of the issue than there really is right now. I haven't read anything or heard anything about a potential player revolt in Denver.

As of right now, Denvers coach is under a lot of pressure. There are more question marks (maybe not more but bigger ones) than last season and now their best player just gave a big indication that he isn't buying in to the new leadership. Having not played a single meaningful game yet how can anyone say thats not a sign that for the most part Denver's changes have been for the worst.

Any new coach coming in has pressure... add to the mix that it's Denver and he's following a legend that had been in the role since 1995 and sure, he's got big shoes to fill. Josh made some moves (Cutler) that didn't start off well... that's a bed he has to sleep in now. But, there's no indication that the team isn't buying into the system.

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 05:39 PM
How do you figure?

Garcia Bronco.....:evil:.......I HATE YOUR TEAM, YOUR CITY, YOUR STATE............AND ALL YOU DONKEY FANS. HAVE A NICE DAY:thumb:

orange
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Garcia Bronco.....:evil:.......I HATE YOUR TEAM, YOUR CITY, YOUR STATE............AND ALL YOU DONKEY FANS. HAVE A NICE DAY:thumb:

Just had another lightning storm at my place... that's like eight days running, now.

AND I KNOW YOU ARE BEHIND IT! BASTARD!

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Just had another lightning storm at my place... that's like eight days running, now.

If it was up to me........o:-).......Donkey land would burn..:thumb:..lol..

DenverDanChiefsFan
06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
If it was up to me........o:-).......Donkey land would burn..:thumb:..lol..Don't burn the land just because the donkeys suck - it is quite nice out here if you look past the orange crap

Dottefan
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Don't burn the land just because the donkeys suck - it is quite nice out here if you look past the orange crap

ok..............let me at least burn the stadium..lol.

stevieray
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
now here's a little story
about a man named Bran
came from a family
that was barely kept fed

then one day he was looking for some food
and up from the ground came a Bowlen brewed

...wierd dude...fur coats...gold tan..

well the next thing you know ol bran's a gazillionaire..

the kinfolk said move the hell out of here
(and take your brother with you)

said caliradi is the place you ought to be
so he loaded his homey's and went to DenC

donkey land..Incrisco stadium...jail cell stars

Coach
06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Okay... am I in Chiefsplanet, or am I in the Orangemane?

:D

Mile High Mania
06-13-2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12581741

Good morning and ... enjoy.

Bowser
06-13-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12581741

Good morning and ... enjoy.

Hahaha! What an crybaby douche.

BigRock
06-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Apparently this came from the Mange.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1229/bowleninformationminist.jpg

KCrockaholic
06-13-2009, 06:00 PM
But....The Broncos are gonna win the division! LMAO

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
This also further proves Bernard Pollard is the MVP from last season to this offseason. The dominoes are falling perfectly in our favor ROFL

alanm
06-13-2009, 08:04 PM
He skipped todays practice as well.

BigChiefFan
06-13-2009, 08:11 PM

That is classic. LMAO.

Count Zarth
06-13-2009, 09:50 PM

I made that years ago. I'm very proud of it. And even prouder of the fact that it remains in wide circulation thanks to Donks fans. This has been an attention whore public service announcement.

BigRock
06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I made that years ago. I'm very proud of it. And even prouder of the fact that it remains in wide circulation thanks to Donks fans. This has been an attention whore public service announcement.

When I saw it, I thought it seemed like something you'd make. Nice job.

Von Dumbass
06-14-2009, 06:19 AM
This also further proves Bernard Pollard is the MVP from last season to this offseason. The dominoes are falling perfectly in our favor ROFL

How are the dominoes falling in your favor?

You guys brought in the Arizona Cardinals coaching staff... yeah... the Cardinals are a team I would want Denver to emulate.ROFL

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-14-2009, 06:41 AM

You guys brought in the Arizona Cardinals coaching staff... yeah... the Cardinals are a team I would want Denver to emulate.ROFL

You had Jay Cutler at QB, now you have Kyle friggin Orton. As an opposing fan it is hard not to laugh when thinking about it.

Mile High Mania
06-14-2009, 06:51 AM
You had Jay Cutler at QB, now you have Kyle friggin Orton. As an opposing fan it is hard not to laugh when thinking about it.

Yeah, but Cutler was a diabetic drunk that locked in on his receiver early and often, never had a winning record and had a bad attitude... or so I've heard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-14-2009, 06:57 AM
Yeah, but Cutler was a diabetic drunk that locked in on his receiver early and often, never had a winning record and had a bad attitude... or so I've heard.

Probably from many Chief fans...until he was traded of course ;)

-King-
06-14-2009, 08:11 AM

Yeah, who would want to emulate a team that was in the superbowl! :doh!:

Al Bundy
06-14-2009, 08:24 AM
A Buc fan on another board suggested "You really have to feel bad for Denver fans." No you don't, not ever. The Donk's get what they deserve.

Von Dumbass
06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah, who would want to emulate a team that was in the superbowl! :doh!:

They played in the weakest division in the NFL and snuck into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. The NFC is very weak. The Cardinals are not better than the Chargers, Colts, Pats*, Steelers, Titans, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, or Vikings.

EyePod
06-14-2009, 09:06 AM

Downgrade at coach and staff in general. Special teams coach is a huge downgrade too...

EyePod
06-14-2009, 09:13 AM

I know! A team on the rise, who just came off a trip to the SB. What a group of losers!!!

milkman
06-14-2009, 09:16 AM
They played in the weakest division in the NFL and snuck into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. The NFC is very weak. The Cardinals are not better than the Chargers, Colts, Pats*, Steelers, Titans, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, or Vikings.

Until the Vikings get a QB, they aren't better.
Until the Chargers and Boys get a real coach, they aren't better.

But the fact is, while we have taken on some Card staffers, Scott Pioli is the new GM, the most sought after candidate in the NFL for the last 4 or 5 years, and he is directing this team to emulate the Pats.

Me, I'd rather emulate the Steelers or Ravens (who you missed in your list of better teams), but I'm not the least bit concerned that we are trying to emulate the Cards.

orange
06-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I know! A team on the rise, who just came off a trip to the SB. What a group of losers!!!

They should be better after they cleared out their dead weight - Pendergast.

DaFace
06-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Interesting that Bowlen is meeting directly with players these days. What happened to whoever that no-name is that's their GM?

ClevelandBronco
06-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Don't burn the land just because the donkeys suck - it is quite nice out here if you look past the orange crap

"Predominantly orange" crap...

Von Dumbass
06-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Xanders was brought in here last year to be our cap guy. I am sure he is in the room with Bowlen.

EyePod
06-14-2009, 01:45 PM
They should be better after they cleared out their dead weight - Pendergast.

I agree that Pendergast wasn't that good. But this is not about us. This is about your team being the one on the downslide, not the Chiefs. Plus, Pendergast, however bad, is still an upgrade over Gunther.

orange
06-14-2009, 03:03 PM

More lightning yesterday chased my niece's graduation party inside. And now today we have lightning plus tornado sirens.

YOU DASTARDLY RASTAFARIAN CUSTARD-EATING BASTARD!!!

You say you're "LIVIN N J/O..."
Well, I'm coming to your P/RO hearing ... to testify AGAINST! :cuss:

Chocolate Hog
06-14-2009, 03:44 PM

Really? Howcome none of those other teams made the super bowl? Plus the Cardinals beat the Eagles moron.

milkman
06-14-2009, 03:51 PM
I agree that Pendergast wasn't that good. But this is not about us. This is about your team being the one on the downslide, not the Chiefs. Plus, Pendergast, however bad, is still an upgrade over Gunther.

And Pendergast, while not exactly setting the world on fire, is better than Mike Nolan, who is really nothing more than a more socially acceptable Cunther.

Tribal Warfare
06-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Total disarray of the Bronco organization which closely resembles an Oakland Raider offseason. :rockon:

Rausch
06-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Total disarray of the Bronco organization which closely resembles an Oakland Raider offseason. :rockon:

It does.

Wouldn't shock me at all if Pimp Daddy waited a year or two just to hire some big name (Cowher, Chucky, etc.) to take over after the fill in...

RippedmyFlesh
06-14-2009, 05:12 PM
"Marshall drove away from the team's training complex after Friday's meeting, which lasted about 1 hour, 15 minutes, but didn't stop to speak with reporters. He was seen carting several boxes to his car, according to the Post."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4256679

http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagesource/is825/is825075.jpg

Say bye donkey fans..........

wasi
06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Honestly, there was nothing to upgrade at WR... Gaffney is good depth, knows the 'system' can help the others grasp it. Right now, yes - Orton is a clear downgrade from Cutler, but you're comparing Orton's stats in CHI (little in the passing attack at his disposal) and Cutler with the weapons that now call Orton their QB. Orton isn't elite, but he also isn't a complete spare... we'll see what happens soon enough.

I never compared stats... I didn't even mention Orton's name. All I said was, and you agreed, that the QB situation got worse and that will bring the overall grade of the WR group down.
Now I will agree Chicago's offensive weapons don't compare to Denver's, even if Marshall does get moved or cut. However, Chicago really screwed the pooch when they tried to hand Grossman the job, and Orton as well. They signed players like Berrian and Gage who could stretch the field and take advantage of Grossmans arm. When Orton won the job the offense had to be changed and the weapons weren't nearly as effective. In my opinion anyway, and I don't follow the Bears closely at all...

That's really all you needed to focus on and Denver's had issues with the front 7 for years, Shanahan could never fix it and I can't imagine that Josh will cure it in an offseason. They have a brand new system, many new players on that side of the ball... it remains to be seen if the guys that couldn't play well in the old system will improve or continue to suck in the new system.

Who are all these new players? I can't think of anyone significant Denver added to the front 7 other than Ayers in the draft and Andra Davis in FA.

Somebody that thinks they're wise once said "until the games start we don't know s**t." Oh, that was you ... and in that very paragraph. It's nice to know you've been around, but while every addition won't pay off, several of them were very solid and smart additions. Feel free to go player by player (the FA additions on defense that is) and point out why you firmly believe they'll have a negative impact in the new system... you won't though.

Good example of a poor reading comprehension here. I'll try again... In any sport or organization when you have major organizational change, one of the most if not the most important elements is perception and buy-in into the new philosophy or vision or mandate... whatever you want to call it. This is especially true when the change happens at the leadership level. Specific to football this is the head coach or in some cases the GM and Head coach. When you haven't played a single game, a fan or player for that matter doesn't know if the new philosophy is going to work.. the only thing that matters is whether or not your perceived to be going in the right direction and that players are buying into the change. Denver's best player isn't buying in that was all I was saying.

No question about it and if anyone thinks the coach will blink after the Cutler fiasco, they should think again. Aside from that and how it initially took shape, I think some are making more of the issue than there really is right now. I haven't read anything or heard anything about a potential player revolt in Denver.

No, but I never said anything a revolt... this thread was about Brandon Marshall, your best player skipping manditory workouts. I did say that I firmly believe there is more to this story than Broncos fans on Chiefsplanet want us to believe.

Any new coach coming in has pressure... add to the mix that it's Denver and he's following a legend that had been in the role since 1995 and sure, he's got big shoes to fill. Josh made some moves (Cutler) that didn't start off well... that's a bed he has to sleep in now. But, there's no indication that the team isn't buying into the system.

I completely disagree with your last sentence... Marshall's actions are proof enough to me based on my experiences and being a rival team's fan. Marshall, with all his legal trouble and dumbassery is still about one of the only players with any leverage. For example, Sheffler was unhappy about offseason earlier in the summer, but really didn't have any reason to pursue this line because he's not an elite player. Marshall thinks he holds the cards to his future, whether misplaced or not. It'll be difficult to convince me different of arguement that the actions of the teams best player aren't a reflection of overall poor moral in on the team.

Von Dumbass
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
"Marshall drove away from the team's training complex after Friday's meeting, which lasted about 1 hour, 15 minutes, but didn't stop to speak with reporters. He was seen carting several boxes to his car, according to the Post."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4256679

http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagesource/is825/is825075.jpg

Say bye donkey fans..........

:hmmm:... There was only one minicamp practice left and training camp is a month away. I can see why he wanted to get some stuff out of his locker.

tooge
06-15-2009, 10:36 AM
While I love watching the unraveling of the Donkos, this could simply be reading in more that what is there. They may have given him his wish to train with his own trainers and agreed that due to his injury, there is no point to him being here. However, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. If you are a bronco fan, you have to be concerned about this. If they lose the top 2 weapons on offense, the only side of the ball that was competitive, they are screwed.

Bowser
06-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, it's official. This is still the best offseason evah.

EyePod
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, it's official. This is still the best offseason evah.

I know!!! Everything is great from our side and terrible from the other AFC West teams!! Well, I wish there was more bad news coming from Oakland and Boltland, but I'll take the Donk's blowing the big one any day.

The Poz
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on 850 KOA in Denver that Brandon Marshall asked Broncos owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during their meeting Friday.
Per Schefter, Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to reconsider his stance. Marshall is not expected to back down, however, which means the Broncos are right back where they were with Jay Cutler. Though it's possible that a new contract could assuage Marshall, it's more likely that the receiver will continue to push for a trade. Perhaps the Bears will be interested.

http://www.koaradio.com/pages/cmn.html

Von Dumbass
06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/suicide.gif

Mile High Mania
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on 850 KOA in Denver that Brandon Marshall asked Broncos owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during their meeting Friday.
Per Schefter, Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to reconsider his stance. Marshall is not expected to back down, however, which means the Broncos are right back where they were with Jay Cutler. Though it's possible that a new contract could assuage Marshall, it's more likely that the receiver will continue to push for a trade. Perhaps the Bears will be interested.

I definitely see both sides to this, but for Marshall to have the issues that he has (thanks to his own actions) to walk in and pull this... if true, is pretty crappy.

Screw it all ... trade his ass and go get Boldin.

Brock
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
This is the greatest offseason ever.

L.A. Chieffan
06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
wtf is going on over there?

L.A. Chieffan
06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
more bernard pollard aftermath

The Poz
06-15-2009, 01:45 PM
It must be Bowlen. He screwed me out of superbowl tickets when they played the Falcons. Now, it's payback!

orange
06-15-2009, 01:57 PM

On a side note - what an amateurish website. Jeezus, KOA, hire a professional, not some middle schooler. And the interview repeats and cuts out at the end - ROFL