PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Tyler Hansbrough Mocks You Mocking Him

|Zach|
06-13-2009, 12:44 AM
"These are probably a bunch of guys who just sit in their basements and probably just write out mock drafts and do this or do that."

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/06/12/tyler-hansbrough-thinks-he-might-be-going-higher-than-12-proceeds-to-make-blogger-jokes/

J Diddy
06-13-2009, 01:32 AM
fuck tyler hansborough

I hope he's the next danny manning

BWillie
06-13-2009, 01:57 AM
I actually think Hansborough will be a solid NBA player. He surprised people at the combine. He was taller than they thought, faster than he thought, had a better wing span than they thought, and just generally more athletic than given credit for. Should be a solid versatile starting power forward on an average team.

Buehler445
06-13-2009, 08:14 AM
I actually think Hansborough will be a solid NBA player. He surprised people at the combine. He was taller than they thought, faster than he thought, had a better wing span than they thought, and just generally more athletic than given credit for. Should be a solid versatile starting power forward on an average team.

Just like when he was a freshman, he has a lot of talent and potential, but his fundementals outside of his shooting form are terrible. Just goddamn awful. He has to develop some game outside of the flail and fling to be worth a damn.

Mizzou_8541
06-13-2009, 08:20 AM

How can someone be taller than they thought? Isn't feet and inches a pretty solid measurement...not up to one's interpretation?

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 10:29 AM
He's soft, he's not quick and doesn't have great ball skills. He's not big enough to be a big man in the NBA. The flippity floppity shit won't work in the NBA. A lot of his points in college came from the FT line because he was able to flip and flop around like a giant pussy and draw the foul. They don't call fouls in the NBA like they do in college.

Personally I view his NBA career to be a lot like Wayne Simien's. He will get drafted in the late 1st round, maybe falls to the 2nd, then after a season some team will realize that they won't have any use for him.

Mr. Plow
06-13-2009, 10:55 AM
A lot of his points in college came from the FT line

A LOT of his points came from the free throw line.

Basileus777
06-13-2009, 11:35 AM
How can someone be taller than they thought? Isn't feet and inches a pretty solid measurement...not up to one's interpretation?

And NBA teams don't have a reliable measure of feet and inches until the combine. College listings lie. So do NBA listings for that matter.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 11:47 AM
And NBA teams don't have a reliable measure of feet and inches until the combine. College listings lie. So do NBA listings for that matter.

BUT CHASE DANIEL IS 6FT TALL!!!!!!

BWillie
06-13-2009, 12:28 PM
He's soft, he's not quick and doesn't have great ball skills. He's not big enough to be a big man in the NBA. The flippity floppity shit won't work in the NBA. A lot of his points in college came from the FT line because he was able to flip and flop around like a giant pussy and draw the foul. They don't call fouls in the NBA like they do in college.

Personally I view his NBA career to be a lot like Wayne Simien's. He will get drafted in the late 1st round, maybe falls to the 2nd, then after a season some team will realize that they won't have any use for him.

Not really. White guys just have this stigma they have to overcome. Hansborough's vertical leap height was only .5 inches less than Blake Griffin. Blake Griffin, Luke Harangody, and Tyler Hansborough were the strongest three guys in the NBA combine. In the 3/4 of the court sprint, Hansborough was faster than BLAKE GRIFFIN, Jeff Adrien, Dejuan Blair, Demar Derozan, Taj Gibson, San Young and others. Hansborough measured 6'9''.5 in shoes and Blake Griffin was 6'10''.0 with shoes. Tyler has the same wingspan as Blake Griffin and a longer sit and reach. Griffin even came out better than expected at the combine with his measurements.

The stuff saying that Hansborough isn't athletic or big enough is complete nonsense.

Buehler445
06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Not really. White guys just have this stigma they have to overcome. Hansborough's vertical leap height was only .5 inches less than Blake Griffin. Blake Griffin, Luke Harangody, and Tyler Hansborough were the strongest three guys in the NBA combine. In the 3/4 of the court sprint, Hansborough was faster than BLAKE GRIFFIN, Jeff Adrien, Dejuan Blair, Demar Derozan, Taj Gibson, San Young and others. Hansborough measured 6'9''.5 in shoes and Blake Griffin was 6'10''.0 with shoes. Tyler has the same wingspan as Blake Griffin and a longer sit and reach. Griffin even came out better than expected at the combine with his measurements.

The stuff saying that Hansborough isn't athletic or big enough is complete nonsense.

The difference is that Blake Griffin has a very VERY refined game. His moves and footwork are amazing. Hansborough is out of control 90% of the time. Like I said in my post, he has a lot of potential, but he didn't realize much of it in 4 years.

I'd even argue his jumpshot is better than Griffin's. He just plays out of control and the shit he pulled in college will get his ass dominated in the pros. Shit, it got dominated by Aldrich, and he is just average in the pros.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 12:35 PM

Hansborough's style of play is going to haunt him in the NBA. They do not call fouls like they do in college. His whole flip flopping act in college won't get him to the FT line like it did in college where he held the acc career record for most FT attempts.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 12:36 PM
The difference is that Blake Griffin has a very VERY refined game. His moves and footwork are amazing. Hansborough is out of control 90% of the time. Like I said in my post, he has a lot of potential, but he didn't realize much of it in 4 years.

You've got to be kidding me. He didn't utilize his potential? He won a national title last year while averaging 21 ppg. What the hell is he supposed to do? Sure, if I was a GM I'm picking Griffin but Hansbrough is a top 15 to top 20 talent especially after the combine. The knock against him by the talking heads IS his potential and defensive presence and that he just relies on good post moves and good footwork. Only reason I would not take Hansbrough earlier than 15 is because he's not a great shot blocker and needs to improve defensively.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
A LOT of his points came from the free throw line.

You know who also gets alot of points because of free throws, actually, the most out of any player in the NBA. Lebron James. He's pretty good.

Jewish Rabbi
06-13-2009, 12:48 PM
You know who also gets alot of points because of free throws, actually, the most out of any player in the NBA. Lebron James. He's pretty good.

That's because people foul LeBron. He doesn't do the Duke/UNC flop like Queersboro does.

Mr. Plow
06-13-2009, 12:55 PM

Well, he is the hardest working player to ever grace the NCAA.

Mecca
06-13-2009, 12:57 PM

If anyone ever starts him as a PF he will get owned, you do realize the kind of guys that typically play on the front court in the NBA right?

Ebolapox
06-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not a UNC fan, but jesus... it's hilarious to see all the jayhawk fans acting like hansborough fucked their sisters and mothers via a sportsman's double, then didn't call them ever again. jaded much?

Skip Towne
06-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, he is a pussy
FYP

Skip Towne
06-13-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not a UNC fan, but jesus... it's hilarious to see all the jayhawk fans acting like hansborough fucked their sisters and mothers via a sportsman's double, then didn't call them ever again. jaded much?

The MUrons should be pissed at him. He is from Missouri and went to UNC.

Mr. Plow
06-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Cry much?

Skip Towne
06-13-2009, 01:15 PM
If anyone ever starts him as a PF he will get owned, you do realize the kind of guys that typically play on the front court in the NBA right?

I'll bet you're right. Cole Aldrich, another lumbering white boy, just owned Hansbrough when Cole was a sophomore.

Basileus777
06-13-2009, 01:17 PM
The NBA combine isn't the NFL combine. The numbers players post there are pretty much irrelevant as the players don't train for it or take it seriously. A few years ago Leandro Barbosa ran a slower time than a bunch of big men at the combine. It didn't mean anything.

Size and wingspan are the only real important measurements you get from the NBA combine.

Mr. Plow
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM

I missed this. Hansbrough is no Lebron James.

Miles
06-13-2009, 01:22 PM
The NBA combine isn't the NFL combine. The numbers players post there are pretty much irrelevant as the players don't train for it or take it seriously. A few years ago Leandro Barbosa ran a slower time than a bunch of big men at the combine. It didn't mean anything.

Size and wingspan are the only real important measurements you get from the NBA combine.

Durant having pretty terrible measurables at that thing comes to mind.

Basileus777
06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
As far as Griffin's measurements are concerned: Blake Griffin is taller than I expected (6'8.5" barefoot, so a legit 6'10" in shoes), but his wingspan is a bit worse (6'11.25", was hoping for 7'), and his standing reach is obviously not too good (8'9", was really hoping for more like 8'10" - 8'11").

Michael Beasley's numbers for comparison: 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with shoes, 7'0 wingspan, 8'11 standing reach. Griffin is about an inch taller, but has a shorter wingspan/standing reach. Griffin will be just as much of a "tweener" size as Beasley in the NBA. These measurements certainly hurt his potential in the post and on defense.

Those short arms are disappointing, but these measurements don't take away his freakish blend of size, strength and athleticism.

Ebolapox
06-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Cry much?

did you see tears anywhere? here, since you're obviously either drunk or slow, I'll help you read between the lines...

I don't have a horse in this race... from a purely unbiased level, it appears you guys have either a jealousy or hatred of hansborough for absolutely no reason. did he fuck your mother or sister?

here, I'll state it again... I don't have any bias in this--as an unbiased observer, it appears you guys are jaded.

so where are the tears there?

Mr. Plow
06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
did you see tears anywhere? here, since you're obviously either drunk or slow, I'll help you read between the lines...

here, I'll state it again... I don't have any bias in this--as an unbiased observer, it appears you guys are jaded.

so where are the tears there?

Considering of there are a couple Missouri fans that have commented in here as well, singling out KU fans for being "jaded" seems a bit like crying to me.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm not a UNC fan, but jesus... it's hilarious to see all the jayhawk fans acting like hansborough ****ed their sisters and mothers via a sportsman's double, then didn't call them ever again. jaded much?

What does this have anything to do with KU? :spock:

More so wtf would KU fans have to bitch about? Kansas wiped the floor with Hansborough and UNC in the 2008 Final 4 matchup, where a sophomore owned the almighty Jesus Hansborough.

I can probably speak for everyone when I say that we all got sick and tired hearing about him on espn and Dick "I love the ACC more than my dog" Vitale. Watching 5 min of espn and you would think that Hansborough was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Mecca
06-13-2009, 01:30 PM
As far as Griffin's measurements are concerned: Blake Griffin is taller than I expected (6'8.5" barefoot, so a legit 6'10" in shoes), but his wingspan is a bit worse (6'11.25", was hoping for 7'), and his standing reach is obviously not too good (8'9", was really hoping for more like 8'10" - 8'11").

Michael Beasley's numbers for comparison: 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with shoes, 7'0 wingspan, 8'11 standing reach. Griffin is about an inch taller, but has a shorter wingspan/standing reach. Griffin will be just as much of a "tweener" size as Beasley in the NBA. These measurements certainly hurt his potential in the post and on defense.

Those short arms are disappointing, but these measurements don't take away his freakish blend of size, strength and athleticism.

I wonder if the Clippers will make him suck.

Ebolapox
06-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Considering of there are 2-3 Missouri fans that have commented in here as well, singling out KU fans for being "jaded" seems a bit like crying to me.

I don't give a fuck who a person is a fan of, I just find it a bit funny that every negative comment on hansborough on this thread has been from a jayhawk fan. yeah, I know, roy left you guys. you have a recent championship... I'd think that would heal the wound. jesus, from all reports, he's a decent kid. look, everybody knows he doesn't have a career ahead of him other than MAYBE decent role player. give him his props, great college player, likely journeyman nba player. don't hate, congratulate.

Basileus777
06-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Hansbrough's numbers are still below-average for a PF.

Hansbrough:
wingspan: 6 ' 11.5
Standing reach: 8'10
weight: 234

Combine this with the fact that he isn't a good athlete or a stand-out rebounder and you have still have a prospect that isn't all that great. IMO best case scenario is a good bench player.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't give a **** who a person is a fan of, I just find it a bit funny that every negative comment on hansborough on this thread has been from a jayhawk fan. yeah, I know, roy left you guys. you have a recent championship... I'd think that would heal the wound. jesus, from all reports, he's a decent kid. look, everybody knows he doesn't have a career ahead of him other than MAYBE decent role player. give him his props, great college player, likely journeyman nba player. don't hate, congratulate.

Great so he's a decent kid. Maybe eventually he can watch your kids on the weekend.

Personally I just hope to never ever hear ESPN ever talk about him again. That day will come once he gets released by some NBA team. Just like Wayne Simien.

He doesn't have an NBA game, He has a back to the basket, flopping, draw the foul, game that works all the way up til college. NBA refs will watch him do that and they might choke on their whistle laughing because it will not work.

Basileus777
06-13-2009, 01:44 PM

No worries, they have Zach Randolph to mentor him.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Definitely, I'm more worried about measurements than athletic results. But they still bring to light falsehoods about the assumptions of players. For example, there were questions about James Harden's athletic ability that he totally trounced at the combine. And Hansbrough measured better than expected at the combine. And yes Mecca, I do think Hansbrough can turn into a starting power forward with a few years seasoning in the league. Just watch, that is all I'm saying. He will surprise you people. It's not like he has JJ Reddick T-rex arms or anything.

Ebolapox
06-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Great so he's a decent kid. Maybe eventually he can watch your kids on the weekend.

Personally I just hope to never ever hear ESPN ever talk about him again. That day will come once he gets released by some NBA team. Just like Wayne Simien.

He doesn't have an NBA game, He has a back to the basket, flopping draw the foul game that works all the way up til college. NBA refs will watch him do that and they might choke on their whistle laughing because it will not work.

ya know, that much is true--espn covered him WAY too much.

Silock
06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't give a fuck who a person is a fan of, I just find it a bit funny that every negative comment on hansborough on this thread has been from a jayhawk fan. yeah, I know, roy left you guys. you have a recent championship... I'd think that would heal the wound. jesus, from all reports, he's a decent kid. look, everybody knows he doesn't have a career ahead of him other than MAYBE decent role player. give him his props, great college player, likely journeyman nba player. don't hate, congratulate.

Most basketball fans on here are KU fans, so that's no surprise.

The hate for HansBRO stems from two things: His constant flopping and whining (it doesn't take a basketball genius to figure out that's where he excelled in college), and the knob-slobbering he received from the media. One of those things is not his fault. The other is.

Mr. Krab
06-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I just don't think he has the body for the NBA.

CoMoChief
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I just don't think he has the body for the NBA.

You're right he doesn't. But more importantly his game isn't for the NBA.

irishjayhawk
06-13-2009, 04:00 PM
He'll do fine in the NBA. He's already got the traveling down.

Slainte
06-13-2009, 04:03 PM
I guess I missed wide right on my thoughts on what the OP was trying to say.

I was sure the point was: "These are probably a bunch of guys who just sit in their basements and probably just write out mock drafts and do this or do that."

Buehler445
06-13-2009, 04:46 PM
You've got to be kidding me. He didn't utilize his potential? He won a national title last year while averaging 21 ppg. What the hell is he supposed to do? Sure, if I was a GM I'm picking Griffin but Hansbrough is a top 15 to top 20 talent especially after the combine. The knock against him by the talking heads IS his potential and defensive presence and that he just relies on good post moves and good footwork. Only reason I would not take Hansbrough earlier than 15 is because he's not a great shot blocker and needs to improve defensively.

So the fuck what? It's college. He absolutely cannot do what he did in college in the pros. From his frosh year to sr year he didn't improve much in terms of NBA skills. He excelled in flailing. Like I said, he's got a lot of potential and athleticism.

What does this have anything to do with KU? :spock:

More so wtf would KU fans have to bitch about? Kansas wiped the floor with Hansborough and UNC in the 2008 Final 4 matchup, where a sophomore owned the almighty Jesus Hansborough.

I can probably speak for everyone when I say that we all got sick and tired hearing about him on espn and Dick "I love the ACC more than my dog" Vitale. Watching 5 min of espn and you would think that Hansborough was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Pretty much covers it.

Yes.

My arguement is that he is not a top flight prospect. Fuck Roy. Most of the people talking about Roy are NOT KU fans on this board.

Most basketball fans on here are KU fans, so that's no surprise.

The hate for HansBRO stems from two things: His constant flopping and whining (it doesn't take a basketball genius to figure out that's where he excelled in college), and the knob-slobbering he received from the media. One of those things is not his fault. The other is.

Again, this pretty much covers it. I still don't believe he is a top flight prospect.

DJay23
06-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I'll bet you're right. Cole Aldrich, another lumbering white boy, just owned Hansbrough when Cole was a sophomore.

Even worse for Tyler, Cole was actually a FRESHMAN who averaged around 3 minutes a game that National Championship season.

How dare you all! Tyler Hansbrough's heart is bigger than Secretariat's and he works harder than a tractor on a farm!