PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Any conservatives here brave enough to admit they read redstate.com?

Direckshun
06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
It's a hugely popular blog amongst conservatives, and I know we've got at least a couple Erick Erickson-types around here.

Do you read redstate.com?

If so, what do you honestly think about this (http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/06/10/blood-for-blood-ashes-for-ashes/):

You only thought leftists got excited when American soldiers got killed. As Iíve written before, leftists celebrate each and every death of each and every American solider because they view the loss of life as a vindication of their belief that they are right.

mlyonsd
06-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Never heard of it till now.

stevieray
06-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Five Thousand Year Leap

..are you brave enough to read it?

Direckshun
06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Five Thousand Year Leap

I'm brave enough to read it. But I'm not going to drop 10+ bucks on Amazon for a book I know little about and recommended to me by one guy who doesn't like me.

Tell you what, spot me the book and I'll give you my address to send it to.

Oh, and do you read redstate.com?

Direckshun
06-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Never heard of it till now.

I am curious: what blogs do you read, if any at all.

stevieray
06-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm brave enough to read it. But I'm not going to drop 10+ bucks on Amazon for a book I know little about and recommended to me by one guy who doesn't like me.

Tell you what, spot me the book and I'll give you my address to send it to.

Oh, and do you read redstate.com?If I didn't like you, I wouldn't recommend the book.

no, never read redstate.com.

Direckshun
06-13-2009, 09:27 AM
If I didn't like you, I wouldn't recommend the book.

Noted.

mlyonsd
06-13-2009, 09:28 AM

If by "blog" you mean bulletin board type site this is the only one. My plate is full enough just trying to straighten you guys out.

I have Fox, CNN, and USA Today bookmarked and usually go to each of them every day.

On Sunday I try and catch MTP, George Snuffleupagus, and Chris Wallace. If I'm not sick of it then I watch the McGlaufflin Group just to see what crazy stuff Eleanor Cliff is going to say this week.

banyon
06-13-2009, 09:36 AM
What's so brave about saying you read this? We have conservative blowhards who say literally the same types of vulgar hate-filled invective in this forum every week.

Where's mikey234232whatever or Chief Henry to parrot this line for us really fast?

Warrior5
06-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I've never read that web-site; I'd never heard of it until this post.

BucEyedPea
06-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Never heard of it

Saul Good
06-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I've never heard of the site, but I can't say that the quote is completely off base. That's not to say that it's true of all or even most lefties, but it is true for some. That's not a product of the leftist viewpoint, though. It's more a human nature thing. People can get so tied to their points of view that they root against their own self-interests just so that they can feel vindicated.

There are some conservatives who are rooting against the economy right now just so that they can watch Obama fall flat on his face.

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I've never heard of the site, but I can't say that the quote is completely off base. That's not to say that it's true of all or even most lefties, but it is true for some. That's not a product of the leftist viewpoint, though. It's more a human nature thing. People can get so tied to their points of view that they root against their own self-interests just so that they can feel vindicated.

There are some conservatives who are rooting against the economy right now just so that they can watch Obama fall flat on his face.

Some may be rooting this way but most "real conservatives" are rooting against Obama because his policies are bad for the country. The term "conservative" doesn't mean 'right wing extremist' or 'Republican' for that matter although most of the time conservatives will vote Republican.

True conservatives are about decency and honor not self-righteous prudishness as the left likes to paint us. You see the essence of life and truth for the left is "their politics". For conservatives the essence life and truth far transcend politics and focuses on the 'inalienable rights granted to us by our Creator.

In a nutshell, relativism(liberals) vs. absolutes(conservatives). Liberals see 'everything' as relative(meaning all humans are just a higher form of animal therefore there is no real 'right or wrong' in the animal kingdom-no morals basically because it is all relative, thus there is really no evil thus no accountability to anything-Evolution- strongest will survive-however this belief system causes a severe un-balance and insignificance to life. In the end, life means nothing to the "total relativist"

True conservatives see somethings as relative and some things as absolute which allow for a more balanced life because life has a special meaning and was given from a Creator. Life "has" meaning and worth because our Creator has created us for Himself giving each one of us inalienable rights to significance of life to live,love and pursue happiness.

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Oh by the way, I have been there a couple of times.

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Five Thousand Year Leap

Can't wait to read it !! Heard alot of good things about it!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Some may be rooting this way but most "real conservatives" are rooting against Obama because his policies are bad for the country. The term "conservative" doesn't mean 'right wing extremist' or 'Republican' for that matter although most of the time conservatives will vote Republican.

True conservatives are about decency and honor not self-righteous prudishness as the left likes to paint us. You see the essence of life and truth for the left is "their politics". For conservatives the essence life and truth far transcend politics and focuses on the 'inalienable rights granted to us by our Creator.

In a nutshell, relativism(liberals) vs. absolutes(conservatives). Liberals see 'everything' as relative(meaning all humans are just a higher form of animal therefore there is no real 'right or wrong' in the animal kingdom-no morals basically because it is all relative, thus there is really no evil thus no accountability to anything-Evolution- strongest will survive-however this belief system causes a severe un-balance and insignificance to life. In the end, life means nothing to the "total relativist"

True conservatives see somethings as relative and some things as absolute which allow for a more balanced life because life has a special meaning and was given from a Creator. Life "has" meaning and worth because our Creator has created us for Himself giving each one of us inalienable rights to significance of life to live,love and pursue happiness.

wild1
06-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm a Townhall guy, personally. Never been to redstate

Chiefshrink
06-14-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm a Townhall guy, personally. Never been to redstate

Great site!!!:thumb:

Sully
06-14-2009, 12:03 AM

What a load of horseshit.

Mizzou_8541
06-14-2009, 08:58 AM
What a load of horseshit.

Why?

blaise
06-14-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't read it, but I know of it. Somebody I know emails me links to stories there once a month or so.
I don't agree with the idea that leftists want American soldiers killed. I remember one story about a college professor somewhere in NY saying he hoped American soldiers get killed in Iraq, but there's always a crackpot.
As far as how out-there redstate is -redstate is a blog basically and it's not much more out-there than a lot of what you see on blogs on either side.

patteeu
06-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't read it, but I've seen some of it's work echoed on other conservative blogs that I do read. I've added it to my bookmarks so I'll try to check it out for a while to see if it works for me.

As for that specific article and the quote, I agree with it for the most part. I'd soften it a bit by saying that it is "many leftists" rather than just "leftists" as a monolithic group, but it's definitely true of quite a few as I've noted here before. I think Saul Good was on target with his post earlier in the thread.

***SPRAYER
06-14-2009, 09:43 AM

http://www.moonbattery.com

:thumb:

banyon
06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Why?

Isn't it obvious? He cartoonishly paints "true conservatives" as some sort of moral demigods while liberals are misconstrued as misanthropic honorless wretches. I'm sure that's his fantasy of how things are, but it's pretty divorced from reality. It's pretty much a textbook example of the strawman fallacy, which sportshrink commits with some frequency.

It's easy to win against your political opponents when you demonize them with distortions that aren't accurate.

Nightwish
06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Liberals see 'everything' as relative(meaning all humans are just a higher form of animal therefore there is no real 'right or wrong' in the animal kingdom-no morals basically because it is all relative, thus there is really no evil thus no accountability to anything-Evolution- strongest will survive-however this belief system causes a severe un-balance and insignificance to life. In the end, life means nothing to the "total relativist".
Wow, could you have possibly gotten that more wrong?

BucEyedPea
06-14-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com

:thumb:

LMAO :LOL: