PDA

View Full Version : Economics The question I would have posed to Obama.....

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 02:32 PM
in GreenBay WI, when he was pitching for his "government single payor" healthcare system.

Mr.President, yes we do have some problems with our healthcare costs that I believe are due to more govt regulations over time than anything;but can you tell me of any government run 'single payor' system in the world that provides better treatment,care,service and is still for the most part affordable to the individual than the United States?

No way Obama answers this question directly or honestly or answers it all IMO.:thumb:

craneref
06-13-2009, 04:25 PM
in GreenBay WI, when he was pitching for his "government single payor" healthcare system.

Mr.President, yes we do have some problems with our healthcare costs that I believe are due to more govt regulations over time than anything;but can you tell me of any government run 'single payor' system in the world that provides better treatment,care,service and is still for the most part affordable to the individual than the United States?

No way Obama answers this question directly or honestly or answers it all IMO.:thumb:

That is one hell of a good question!

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 09:43 PM
That is one hell of a good question!

This guy is trying to sell something and anytime somebody is trying to sell something you must by common sense play "devils advocate". Just common sense IMO. But the 'communist press' refuse to ask the tough questions. The problem is any questions that come from the audience are "planted stooges" who throw up the softball questions. Very similiar to the teleprompter. He can't talk in depth about any issues without the teleprompter which leads me to believe he is not as intelligent as some might think. IMO if you are well versed on the issues you can talk without the teleprompter, PERIOD. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Just go back and watch the "Saddleback debate" with Rick Warren and you will see a "whole different" Obama.

SBK
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM

No way he'd let you ask the question. Maybe if you worded it like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TptsP4ryido&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TptsP4ryido&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chiefshrink
06-13-2009, 10:57 PM
No way he'd let you ask the question. Maybe if you worded it like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TptsP4ryido&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TptsP4ryido&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Yeah you're right!!!!

JohnnyV13
06-13-2009, 11:38 PM

That's actually very easy to answer. He would have cited France. France spends about 8% of GDP on health care, has a lower infant mortality rate, and greater longevity than the united states. France also has a national cuisine full of fat (its hard to argue that France's greater longevity is due to better diet).

Taco John
06-14-2009, 12:54 AM
That's actually very easy to answer. He would have cited France. France spends about 8% of GDP on health care, has a lower infant mortality rate, and greater longevity than the united states. France also has a national cuisine full of fat (its hard to argue that France's greater longevity is due to better diet).

We'd have better mortality rates if someone else handled our national defense too.

2bikemike
06-14-2009, 01:11 AM
We'd have better mortality rates if someone else handled our national defense too.

This is my favorite TJ post. Well Played sir.

banyon
06-14-2009, 09:28 AM

What?

SBK
06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
What?

Someone else fights their battles.

banyon
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Someone else fights their battles.

Since when?

Discuss Thrower
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM

France does not have the same kind of ethnic diversity as the USA does, in addition to probably a marginally better diet for most citizens and less incidences of sedentary lifestyles. That's my counter to why "If it works in France/UK, it could work here!".

That, and we have over 150 million more people than both those countries do.

KILLER_CLOWN
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Our health care system is broken, however count me as one who is not interested in "free" health care/health care rationing. I can see the corruption and waste already.

Direckshun
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
France does not have the same kind of ethnic diversity as the USA does
"We've got more dark people, so of course we have worse longevity."

Discuss Thrower
06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
"We've got more dark people, so of course we have worse longevity."

... Baiting aside and the fact that I'm speaking on general health and not specifically longevity, yeah. Factors like poverty express themselves to a greater degree in minorities in that they aren't able to afford the same health care / otherwise denied the type of health care whites can impacts the whole picture for the country.

Direckshun
06-14-2009, 10:55 PM
... Baiting aside and the fact that I'm speaking on general health and not specifically longevity, yeah. Factors like poverty express themselves to a greater degree in minorities in that they aren't able to afford the same health care / otherwise denied the type of health care whites can impacts the whole picture for the country.

So... boo to universal coverage, then?

JohnnyV13
06-17-2009, 01:44 AM
France does not have the same kind of ethnic diversity as the USA does, in addition to probably a marginally better diet for most citizens and less incidences of sedentary lifestyles. That's my counter to why "If it works in France/UK, it could work here!".

That, and we have over 150 million more people than both those countries do.

I do agree the french have a less sedentary lifestyle. The french walk a lot more than we do, due to greater use of public transit. While their diet also sucks, they do drink a lot of red wine (which not only helps with heart disease, it also contains a lot of resveratol, which has been shown to lengthen lifespans).

Dick Bull
06-17-2009, 04:18 AM
I suspect I'll actually have to read the proposal before I start freaking out about it.

After all, I am not chicken little.

BucEyedPea
06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
So... boo to universal coverage, then?

YES!

BucEyedPea
06-17-2009, 05:04 AM
I do agree the french have a less sedentary lifestyle. The french walk a lot more than we do, due to greater use of public transit. While their diet also sucks, they do drink a lot of red wine (which not only helps with heart disease, it also contains a lot of resveratol, which has been shown to lengthen lifespans).

They don't have the obesity we have here because they don't overeat. The portions in Europe are smaller. I was talking with a French lady here who was shocked at how much food was on our plates in our restaurants. But their food is grown on better soil than ours.