PDA

View Full Version : Science Important gun information to pass along.

Jenson71
06-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Do not shoot yourself with blanks. The momentum of the exploding gas can still be lethal.

You're welcome.

Ebolapox
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
jesus, where were you when brandon lee needed this advice?!?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Who died?

Skip Towne
06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
The wad is what's lethal. So don't shoot your wad.

Jenson71
06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Who died?

I just read about it in my physics book, chapter on momentum and energy.

There was a Jacksonville pastor that wanted to dramatize his sermon and did it in front of everyone. And this guy: http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/293333.php

rockymtnchief
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
No gun, loaded/unloaded...even with blanks, should be pointed at yourself or anyone else.

Unless, of course you intend to kill them.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 10:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFcVwDw4YLE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFcVwDw4YLE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Frankie
06-13-2009, 10:54 PM

It wasn't Brandon Lee. It was Jon-Erik Hexum who accidentally killed himself that way while shooting a TV series called "Cover Up."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rhXvGl_nriE/R4Zz9o99wZI/AAAAAAAAAqU/Zszk3TCyi8Q/s320/275px-Coverup_hexum_oneill.jpg

BL was actually shot while shooting the Crow when a gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks was instead loaded with live ammo.

TrebMaxx
06-13-2009, 11:01 PM
The wad is what's lethal. So don't shoot your wad.

LMAO

Baconeater
06-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Well shit, there goes my plans for tomorrow.

cdcox
06-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I thought the purpose of this thread was going to be to warn Lions fans not believe all of Gunther's tough talk.

chiefs1111
06-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Do not shoot yourself with blanks. The momentum of the exploding gas can still be lethal.

You're welcome.

That is great info

wild1
06-13-2009, 11:08 PM

interesting:

On March 31, 1993, while making The Crow, the crew filmed a scene in which Lee's character walked into his apartment and discovered his girlfriend being raped by thugs. Actor Michael Massee, who played one of the film's villains (Fun-boy), was supposed to fire a gun at Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) as he walked into his apartment.

Because the movie's second unit team was running behind schedule, it was decided that dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional but contain no gunpowder or primer) would be made from real cartridges by pulling out the bullet, dumping out the gunpowder and reinserting the bullet. However, the team neglected to consider that the primer was still live and, if fired, could still produce enough force to push the bullet off the end of the cartridge. At some point prior to the fatal scene, the live primer on one of the constructed dummy rounds was discharged by persons unknown while in the pistol's chamber. It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided just enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver, where it became stuck.

The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with low-power black powder blanks. However, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body. Although the bullet was traveling much slower than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the point-blank firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee.

KCChiefsMan
06-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I did that to my dad with a BB gun when I was a kid. It was empty and I pointed it at his head from an inch away and pulled the trigger. Boy was he pissed, he should have beaten the crap out of me for that one, but he didn't. He yelled me out pretty good though and I deserved it.

BWillie
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
I did that to my dad with a BB gun when I was a kid. It was empty and I pointed it at his head from an inch away and pulled the trigger. Boy was he pissed, he should have beaten the crap out of me for that one, but he didn't. He yelled me out pretty good though and I deserved it.

shawty wanna be a thug

FAX
06-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Excellent advice, Mr. Jenson71. Thank you.

Equally important is the warning to all that self-tazering should be avoided, if at all possible. Although no doubt previously posted, the following account provides additional details and serves as a solemn reminder ...

-----

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that peaked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something for my wife Julie. What I found was a 100,000-volt, purse-sized tazer. The effects of the tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety.

To make a long story short, I bought the device, brought it home, loaded it with two AAA batteries, and began reading the instructions. As I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie was looking on intently (the trusting little soul). It was clear to me that I needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target if I was going to give it to my wife as protection against a mugger. I mean, I wanted some assurance that it would work as advertised. And, although I admit that I briefly considered zapping Gracie, I thought better of it.

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, instructions in one hand, and tazer in the other. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant, a two-second burst would cause muscle spasms, and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop to the ground. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

As I sat there alone, I reasoned that there was no possible way such a small device (no more than 5" long, less than 3/4 inches in circumference, and loaded with two tiny, little triple-A batteries) could deliver such a result. So, I decided to give myself a one second burst as a test. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and ... HOLY MOTHER OF GOD ... WEAPONS OF F*CKING MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HELL!!! I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, and repeatedly body-slammed us both onto the carpet.

I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest of positions, and with tingling in my legs. The cat was making sounds I had never heard before and was clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, in an obvious attempt to avoid being slammed by my body flopping all over the room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to experiment with a tazer, one word of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of the device until it is dislodged from your hand by your violent thrashing.

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected what was left of my wits, sat up, and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel above the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from its original position. My triceps, right thigh, and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.

Apparently I pooped myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and am offering a significant reward for their safe return.

-----

FAX

Baconeater
06-13-2009, 11:38 PM
My brother did that to me with an air rifle when I was 13. He thought it was empty, pumped it up about 20 times, and fired it at my back.

Except there was a BB in it. So I got to spend the first 3 days of my summer vacation in the hospital, and to this day I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

cdcox
06-13-2009, 11:45 PM
My brother did that to me with an air rifle when I was 13. He thought it was empty, pumped it up about 20 times, and fired it at my back.

Except there was a BB in it. So I got to spend the first 3 days of my summer vacation in the hospital, and to this day I still have the BB embedded in my lung.

He shot your (bronch)-eye out!

Fishpicker
06-14-2009, 02:29 AM

yeppers, Brandon should've remembered that. And Bruce should have known that marijuana is lethal. And Carradine should have chosen a safe word.

Hog Farmer
06-14-2009, 12:28 PM
When masturbating livestock , DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, point the penis at your face.

Kyle DeLexus
06-14-2009, 12:36 PM
When masturbating livestock , DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, point the penis at your face.

IF there were ever words to live by, this would be it.

Frankie
06-14-2009, 12:38 PM

ROFL Do tell, you experienced man.

banyon
06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Gun safety is important. This guy can tell you how important it is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhIJOVD8hwY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhIJOVD8hwY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby Lee
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
BL was actually shot while shooting the Crow when a gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks was instead loaded with live ammo.
Actually, it was loaded with a blank, but also had a bullet in the chamber from a previous shoot where they shot a squib and it left a loose bullet in the chamber, unknown to all. The gas expelled from the blank propelled the loose bullet down the barrel.

Frankie
06-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually, it was loaded with a blank, but also had a bullet in the chamber from a previous closeup shoot where they wanted footage of the bullet visible looking down the chamber. The gas expelled from the blank propelled the loose bullet down the barrel.

I stand corrected on the technicals. But there was a real bullet that killed him, As opposed to the JE Hexum case.

ClevelandBronco
06-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Damn. You guys aren't going to kill yourselves? / Ultra Peanut

Hog Farmer
06-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Gun safety is important. This guy can tell you how important it is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhIJOVD8hwY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mhIJOVD8hwY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bwaahaaaaa. Loooooser !!!!!