PDA

View Full Version : Football Tony Gonzalez, #8 all time TE

milkman
06-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Watching NFL Network's Top Ten TEs all time, and Tony is #8 on their list.

Haven't seen who's ahead of him, but even I wouldn't put him that low on the list.

Ask me if I care if this is a repost.

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Do you care that this IS a repost?
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
06-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

No, I don't give a rat's ass.

Tuckdaddy
06-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Repost, Repost, Repost you fugging people and your repost BS.

It's ok to post how big of a dump you took at lunch, but god forbid it's a subject that was debated two months ago.

-King-
06-14-2009, 07:38 AM

Haven't seen who's ahead of him, but even I wouldn't put him that low on the list.

Hope you know that that list is about 2-3 years old.

milkman
06-14-2009, 07:41 AM

Hope you know I don't care about that either.

Fritz88
06-14-2009, 07:43 AM

Do you care if this is a repost?

Fritz88
06-14-2009, 07:44 AM
No, I don't give a rat's ass.

http://collectingtokens.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/rats_ass_for_you.jpg

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Repost, Repost, Repost you fugging people and your repost BS.

It's ok to post how big of a dump you took at lunch, but god forbid it's a subject that was debated two months ago.

What do you mean, "you people?"

I wasn't giving him shit, I was just asking if he cared that it was a repost...

Oh, and I don't think I've ever posted about fecal girth sir. Just flatulance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Funny thing is... I'm dropping a duce as I post this. It's not very big though, kinda just average. I think I need more fiber.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
06-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I approve all traffic on this thread discussing the fact that this is a repost.

Maybe milkman could start a thread on gay marriage or abortion. That'd be unique and amusing.

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 08:12 AM
UPDATE...

I forgot that I had corn with dinner last night. That is always a nice surprise.

milkman
06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I approve all traffic on this thread discussing the fact that this is a repost.

Maybe milkman could start a thread on gay marriage or abortion. That'd be unique and amusing.

Why would I want to start a thread on either of those subjects, neither of which I have any interest in?

I might start a thread about Todd Haley being a hardass, though.

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Elk steaks + Corn + Homemade Mac&chz + Salad= Loose Stool... FYI

Phobia
06-14-2009, 08:26 AM
I just dumped as well but I'm still very gassy. Just another day at my house.

Tuckdaddy
06-14-2009, 08:29 AM
What do you mean, "you people?"

I wasn't giving him shit, I was just asking if he cared that it was a repost...

Oh, and I don't think I've ever posted about fecal girth sir. Just flatulance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your right, why would anyone think your giving him shit by asking that question.

LaChapelle
06-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Sadly I cannot think of a signature game he has had. Or for that matter an outstanding play that saved the day. Maybe I'm just a bad fan. Or he never saw enough play off games.

milkman
06-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Sadly I cannot think of a signature game he has had. Or for that matter an outstanding play that saved the day. Maybe I'm just a bad fan. Or he never saw enough play off games.

I've argued many times that John Mackey and Kellen Winslow were better than Tony.

I can even see the argument for guys like Ozzie Newsome and Mike Ditka.

But in this list not only those guys rated ahead of Tony, but Shannon Sharpe, Jackie Smith and Dave Casper are as well.

Signature games and outstanding plays aside, there is no way those guys were better.

Bugeater
06-14-2009, 08:50 AM
I just finished my second cup of coffee, I should be ready for my dump any moment now.

Oh, and this thread is a repost.

Skip Towne
06-14-2009, 08:57 AM
I am very much concerned that this is a repost.

milkman
06-14-2009, 08:57 AM
I just finished my second cup of coffee, I should be ready for my dump any moment now.

Oh, and this thread is a repost.

Two cups?

Were you constipated?

milkman
06-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I am very much concerned that this is a repost.

Thanks for your concern.

EyePod
06-14-2009, 09:04 AM

I figured that. There's no way that he should be that low now. It's probably before he became the leader in every important stat for TE's.

Gonzo
06-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Your right, why would anyone think your giving him shit by asking that question.

Oh, and it's you're not your. (not that I'm giving you any shit btw)
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
06-14-2009, 09:10 AM

Shit doesn't bother me, so don't let it get to you.

And hey, how can he be giving me shit when he was just following instruction?

Buehler445
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
My poop was angry.

FAX
06-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Even if you give it up for Ozzie and ... say ... Winslow, for example ... TG needs to be 3rd on the list, doesn't he? How many TE records do you have to break before you make it to the top 3, for crying out loud?

It's possible that TG is a victim of playing for Kansas City. All other things being equal, had he played for the Giants or the Pats or even the Jets, he would probably be ranked higher in these deals.

I imagine that the way the media figure it, he got his stats because we didn't have another serious passing threat here during his career. Although there's probably some truth to that, he still had to perform. It's the same way with Priest. When he broke the TD record, you could hear a pin drop. When LT did it, they made a statue of him on the moon. We are the forgotten team.

FAX

milkman
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Even if you give it up for Ozzie and ... say ... Winslow, for example ... TG needs to be 3rd on the list, doesn't he? How many TE records do you have to break before you make it to the top 3, for crying out loud?

It's possible that TG is a victim of playing for Kansas City. All other things being equal, had he played for the Giants or the Pats or even the Jets, he would probably be ranked higher in these deals.

I imagine that the way the media figure it, he got his stats because we didn't have another serious passing threat here during his career. Although there's probably some truth to that, he still had to perform. It's the same way with Priest. When he broke the TD record, you could hear a pin drop. When LT did it, they made a statue of him on the moon. We are the forgotten team.

FAX

Exactly, which is the reason I don't much stock into the media types ratings of players.

SNR
06-14-2009, 09:34 AM
That's an old ranking. Coupla years before he broke those records. I'm sure he'll be top 5 on a new list that comes out later.

The funny part is let's say he goes so far as to even make the Super Bowl with Atlanta. People will start masturbating about him. He didn't change as a player at all, he just played on a more successful team. The change of scenery had nothing to do with him being a better player.

Yet guess what? People will put big money in that shit and raise his rankings to probably top 3, 2, or even 1.

Bugeater
06-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Two cups?

Were you constipated?
No, that's fairly normal for me.

milkman
06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
No, that's fairly normal for me.

I rarely get through my first cup.

FAX
06-14-2009, 10:00 AM
That's an old ranking. Coupla years before he broke those records. I'm sure he'll be top 5 on a new list that comes out later.

The funny part is let's say he goes so far as to even make the Super Bowl with Atlanta. People will start masturbating about him. He didn't change as a player at all, he just played on a more successful team. The change of scenery had nothing to do with him being a better player.

Yet guess what? People will put big money in that shit and raise his rankings to probably top 3, 2, or even 1.

You're 100 percent right, Mr. SNR. It's all about the stage upon which you perform as a player. Had the Chiefs even made it to a SuperBowl, media peeps would think differently about many of our players. What do most peeps remember about Winslow, for example? It's that wacky playoff game in Miami that went into a bagillion overtimes. Or, say, Dave Casper. It's that forward fumble deal in another playoff game. Hell, people still talk about Frank Wycheck because of one, single play in a playoff game.

The Chiefs never perform on a stage like that. It's the reason guys like TG and Priest and Trent Green aren't given the respect they deserve. And, of course, it's the reason TG is no longer here.

When you don't appear in playoff games or the SB, writers and the guys who slam these lists together don't have a quick and easy reference point or significant memory of something our guys have accomplished. Our suck is extreme.

FAX

JuicesFlowing
06-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Based on Gonzo holding nearly all (maybe there's some obscure ones I don't know of) records for TE in the NFL, I'm surprised he's not at least #1 or #2. Having a SB ring is more about "team" the last time I checked. Therefore # of SB rings should have no bearing on rankings of individual player rankings.

Terribilis
06-14-2009, 10:21 AM
This message board needs an enema