PDA

View Full Version : Misc Buy fireworks and help Chiefs Planet

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Just finished up inventory for the 5th year and getting ready for a new season of sales.If you're buying fireworks this year I'd really appreciate your business and June 25th thru July 1st I will give back 10% of all sales to planeteers to Kyle and Chiefs Planet.Sorry,I can't do more but I work for another company and my percentage take is only 20% but it's still a way we can all help a little.

I also have to make this just through July 1st because my last 3 days are so busy I couldn't keep up or have time to keep track and say hello for a bit.

Here's a link to the company's website (http://www.kaboomersfireworks.net/).We have 21 buy 1 get 1 frees this year and I have personally seen about 75% of our products so I can help your dollar go farther and put a good show together for you.

My location is air-conditioned and we have a good selection,here's a couple of pics of my place in St Joe

http://www.kaboomersfireworks.net/photos/display7.jpg

http://www.kaboomersfireworks.net/photos/amandaian_kathy_setup2.jpg

Baconeater
06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds good, I'll be there in a couple hours.

EyePod
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
No Philly locations, huh?

Buehler445
06-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Nzoner, you're a BAMF. No shit.

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
No Philly locations, huh?

Are fireworks even legal there?

Mr. Krab
06-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm!!!

Nzoner = WPI

Hehe JK :D

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm!!!

Nzoner = WPI

Hehe JK :D

Kidding or not associating me with that place hurts.

BTW,for others who may be thinking it is truly spam,we covered this 5 years ago when I started selling fireworks and as Phobia said I am a solid member who contributes to the board therefore it is not spam. :D

Mr. Krab
06-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Kidding or not associating me with that place hurts.

BTW,for others who may be thinking it is truly spam,we covered this 5 years ago when I started selling fireworks and as Phobia said I am a solid member who contributes to the board therefore it is not spam. :D
Awww, i'm sorry. :(

Have a cookie.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2009/06/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Awww, i'm sorry. :(

Have a cookie.

Focker,I can't have those on my food program,but I do love them.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Damn, Its times like this when I really miss Missouri. in Ohio, its illegal. They only allow things like sparklers, snakes, noisemakers, those plastic bottles with pull strings that spray confetti (not sure what they're called), and generally non-explosive type items. Yes, Ohio lawmakers are fucking pansys.

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Damn, Its times like this when I really miss Missouri. in Ohio, its illegal. They only allow things like sparklers, snakes, noisemakers, those plastic bottles with pull strings that spray confetti (not sure what they're called), and generally non-explosive type items. Yes, Ohio lawmakers are ****ing pansys.

Those would be called champagne party poppers

Tits McGee
06-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Damn, Its times like this when I really miss Missouri. in Ohio, its illegal. They only allow things like sparklers, snakes, noisemakers, those plastic bottles with pull strings that spray confetti (not sure what they're called), and generally non-explosive type items. Yes, Ohio lawmakers are ****ing pansys.

Bingo... The only popping I'll hear on the 4th in California will come from some gangsters Glock.

cmh6476
06-14-2009, 03:34 PM
guess I know where my business will be going this year.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Those would be called champagne party poppersYeah, thats it.

I have some funny memories as a child living in Kansas going to my grandparents house for july 4th. I remember my grandpa would give me lit cigarettes to light the fireworks. I was like 8 or 9. :D

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
guess I know where my business will be going this year.

Get here early enough(when I'm not busy as hell) and I'll furnish a couple of beers.

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, thats it.

I have some funny memories as a child living in Kansas going to my grandparents house for july 4th. I remember my grandpa would give me lit cigarettes to light the fireworks. I was like 8 or 9. :D

heh,my dad used to do that,of course back then smokes were like 35 cents a pack

Mizzou_8541
06-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Good deal. I will stop by to pick up our fireworks for my 4th of July party! Thanks!

Rausch
06-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll probably have to go to KC the 27th/28th anyway. Might as well swing by.

I'll call ahead of time if I do.

AustinChief
06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Damn I miss St. Joe!

And even if there wasn't a Planet kick back... nothing Joe posts is ever spam. I should probably add that to the FAQ... :D

Added to the FAQ just because I can. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=spam&match=phr&titlesonly=1

Guru
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Damn I miss St. Joe!

And even if there wasn't a Planet kick back... nothing Joe posts is ever spam. I should probably add that to the FAQ... :D

Added to the FAQ just because I can. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=spam&match=phr&titlesonly=1Damn, we already have one Fathead on Chiefsplanet. Do we really want two?:D

Donger
06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
I presume that you can't/won't ship these? Pity if not. I'd most certainly buy many.

kstater
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I presume that you can't/won't ship these? Pity if not. I'd most certainly buy many.

Yeah, I don't think he wants to find out what happens if he tries to ship explosives.

Skip Towne
06-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I don't think he wants to find out what happens if he tries to ship explosives.

How do they get to St. Joe if they aren't shipped?

Scorp
06-14-2009, 09:48 PM
How do they get to St. Joe if they aren't shipped?

Dude.......everyone knows St. Joe is the ninth gate to hell. They just show up there. :evil:

Baconeater
06-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I just got back from driving all the way the hell down there, and the damn place isn't even open yet! WTF Joe?

Scorp
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I just got back from driving all the way the hell down there, and the damn place isn't even open yet! WTF Joe?

FAIL!

chasedude
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM

June 24th is the opening.

Phobia
06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I'll match this. Any ChiefsPlanet home projects scheduled between now and the end of June I'll donate 10% of the profits to the Planet. This applies to ad sales as well. If you need to advertise a product or service in KC, I have an effective print ad medium with which to do so.

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM

here fishy fishy fishy,c'mon ya lilttle prick get on the hook :)

Nzoner
06-14-2009, 11:24 PM
June 24th is the opening.

LOREN!!Looks like you got a big one :D

Baconeater
06-14-2009, 11:29 PM
LOREN!!Looks like you got a big one :D
Cool, usually they just steal my bait before I can hook them.

chasedude
06-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Cool, usually they just steal my bait before I can hook them.

Fell in, hook line and sinker ROFL

crazycoffey
06-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Damn I miss St. Joe!

Added to the FAQ just because I can. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=spam&match=phr&titlesonly=1

Define "long term member"?

Buck
06-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll totally buy some if you can ship them to me.

I know its probably illegal, as far as I know Fireworks aren't legal in CA.

But if you are willing to forgo the legalities here, I am willing to pay $$$$

Nzoner
06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
But if you are willing to forgo the legalities here, I am willing to pay $$$$

including bail and attorney's fees :)

Buck
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
including bail and attorney's fees :)

Dude, they'll never know.

As long as you put down "Not Fireworks" as the package's contents.

EyePod
06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Are fireworks even legal there?

Not any good ones...

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I want fireworks that I can blow shit up with, so nothing but sparklers for me

Nzoner
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM

I've got some decent water resistant crackers called TM Magnums,they're not M-80 power by any means but they do go off in water and they're buy 1 get 1 free this year.

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I've got some decent water resistant crackers called TM Magnums,they're not M-80 power by any means but they do go off in water and they're buy 1 get 1 free this year.

Pretty far to get some fireworks, but I might hafta check it out since CP gets a kickback. I was serious about the sparklers though thats all I've gotten for the past 3 years. I might check out something new this year though.

DaFace
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM

Did someone call for a long member?

DeezNutz
06-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Fortunately, I qualify under the more straight-forward heading: "long member."

Edit: Dang it, DaFace...obviously didn't read the whole thread.

Otter
06-15-2009, 01:20 PM

Speaking of M80s, just out of curiosity, what's your biggest thing that goes "boom" in that lot?

Nzoner
06-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Speaking of M80s, just out of curiosity, what's your biggest thing that goes "boom" in that lot?

I only sell C class fireworks so we're limited to 500 grams of gunpowder which still makes for some nice bangs but the 500 gram shots also include color etc. and all go quite high in the air.

My best of the lot here is called Sky On Fire.

DaFace
06-15-2009, 03:55 PM

Did someone call for a magnum?

Baconeater
06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Pretty far to get some fireworks.
Unless you live farther away from Joe than I do, I don't want to hear about it. :shake:

(Never mind the fact that he has stuff you can't buy in NE and I would drive to MO anyway)

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Unless you live farther away from Joe than I do, I don't want to hear about it. :shake:

(Never mind the fact that he has stuff you can't buy in NE and I would drive to MO anyway)

Idk is Lawrence further? I really don't know how far it is, I guess everyone said about an hour from KC?

Baconeater
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Idk is Lawrence further? I really don't know how far it is, I guess everyone said about an hour from KC?
Beats me, but he's not in KC, he's in St Joseph. Takes me about 2 hrs to get there.

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Beats me, but he's not in KC, he's in St Joseph. Takes me about 2 hrs to get there.

Yeah isn't St Joe about an hour from KC?

Baconeater
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah isn't St Joe about an hour from KC?
Depends where in KC you're coming from, it's about 30 min from KCI.

Kyle DeLexus
06-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Depends where in KC you're coming from, it's about 30 min from KCI.

Might make the trip if he makes me a good deal on sparklers then.

Saccopoo
06-16-2009, 08:33 AM

As far as I'm aware, all "firecrackers" that fall into that type of category are mandated to have the same amount of powder/explosive materials in them regardless of the size of the firecracker. That means that those crackers that look like the old M-80's (which were banned from manufacturing in the late '60's and banned for sale in the early 70's) to those "lady finger" type crackers are all the same thing.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the events of 9-11 had the fireworks industry take a huge hit in terms of what materials were available for use in publicly available fireworks. I know that a lot of the better fireworks that were available prior to 9-11 became suddenly banned for production and consumer use afterwards. I use to enjoy shooting off fireworks on the 4th. These days, it seems that most of the fireworks are very repetitive and bland in terms of their presentations - especially the smaller ones. The bigger ones are okay, but it now takes somebody spending about $100 on a single firework to get any type of impact when you used to be able to spend $25 for the same type of effect (or even better).

Nothing like your government making sure that it's citizens are well looked after. We all know that we need babysitting to the point that they federalized f'ing seatbelt usage enforcement, finger print everyone with a drivers license, and make sure that you don't burn your fingers on firecrackers. I wonder what the framers of the Constitution would think about the development of their anti-monarchial/oligarchial conceptualizations for the governing body of the US?

JASONSAUTO
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM

SPARKLER BOMBS FTW!!!!!!!

Nzoner
06-16-2009, 11:03 AM
The bigger ones are okay, but it now takes somebody spending about $100 on a single firework to get any type of impact when you used to be able to spend $25 for the same type of effect (or even better).

Actually I have a few $9 multi-shots Busted,Wet & Wild and Missle Launch that I put ahead of some of my $20-$30 range fireworks.Granted they're not B-Class boomers but for a neighborhood show they're more than A-OK

Kyle DeLexus
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
SPARKLER BOMBS FTW!!!!!!!

This guy knows whats up!

Donger
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM

I see. He had them teleported to his shop?

crazycoffey
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Did someone call for a long member?

Nzoner's member is sooooo long, he had the FAQ changed just for him.....

talastan
06-18-2009, 01:48 PM

Same here. :sulk:

Redrum_69
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
wow

lots of overpriaced fireworks there.

How much of a markup do you do up there?

We buy bricks of jumping jacks for $1.25 each and sell them for 6 bucks...just to give you some perspective.

I bet we could trailer some fireworks up there and make a killing

stumppy
06-19-2009, 01:27 AM
wow

We buy bricks of jumping jacks for $1.25 each and sell them for 6 bucks...just to give you some perspective.

Maybe you could just trailer your mom up there and make a killing at 6 bucks a jack.

badgirl
06-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Maybe you could just trailer your mom up there and make a killing at 6 bucks a jack.

ROFLROFL Now thats funny I don't care who you are.

Nzoner
06-19-2009, 10:46 AM
wow

You're seriously going to use jumping jacks in an argument for overpriced fireworks? :rolleyes:

I don't know where you're seeing prices for us,they're not on the website,so I assume you're just blowing smoke.How about you list some artillery shells,some multi-shots and some large fountains and we can do a proper comparison.

Al Bundy
06-20-2009, 09:43 AM
I bought some stuff from Zoner last year, good stuff. Unfortunately I won't be buying this year. I have to work on the 4th this time around.

KC2004
06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
You're seriously going to use jumping jacks in an argument for overpriced fireworks? :rolleyes:

I don't know where you're seeing prices for us,they're not on the website,so I assume you're just blowing smoke.How about you list some artillery shells,some multi-shots and some large fountains and we can do a proper comparison.

Ah don't worry about it Nzoner. I have my own stand to and there's always some jackass that bitches cause you not giving shit away. I'm cutting prices just because the economy sucks.

Kyle DeLexus
06-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Ah don't worry about it Nzoner. I have my own stand to and there's always some jackass that bitches cause you not giving shit away. I'm cutting prices just because the economy sucks.

Give me free stuff or I'll be that jackass that bitches!

TinyEvel
06-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Man, that is a badass setup. NO SMOKING! holy mother of China. I wish we could have them out here in California. Do you ship illegally across state lines? :evil:

Nzoner
06-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Today is the day,let the fun begin.Cut back on help this year thinking I can do this and already my back and legs feel like rubber from all the set-up etc.

Funny thing,I got Bugeater's kid working for me,he put in a split shift yesterday 10a.m. to noon and 2p.m. till 8p.m and was in bed and out by 10:30 p.m.

You hear that Loren 10:30 and he's still asleep right now :D

Baconeater
06-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Did he ever wake up?

Captain Obvious
06-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Today is the day,let the fun begin.Cut back on help this year thinking I can do this and already my back and legs feel like rubber from all the set-up etc.

Funny thing,I got Bugeater's kid working for me,he put in a split shift yesterday 10a.m. to noon and 2p.m. till 8p.m and was in bed and out by 10:30 p.m.

You hear that Loren 10:30 and he's still asleep right now :D

Been selling fireworks with my brothers for 20+ years now. People think it's an easy job and an easy buck. I always laugh when I hear that.

Nzoner
06-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Been selling fireworks with my brothers for 20+ years now. People think it's an easy job and an easy buck. I always laugh when I hear that.

Just curious as to how your season has started?

We're ahead of last year at this point but it's going to take a BIG day today to keep pace and I don't see it for a Sunday.

Stewie
06-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Class C (1.4G) fireworks have become so lame it's not worth it. We used to buy a ton of fireworks but stopped due to the fact that my gas grill starter is more exciting.

Nzoner
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Class C (1.4G) fireworks have become so lame it's not worth it. We used to buy a ton of fireworks but stopped due to the fact that my gas grill starter is more exciting.

LMAO

I've got a 9 shot class C called Sky On Fire that'll I'll put one shot of against your gas grill starter anyday.Don't know where you were getting your fireworks but there's still some damn good class C stuff out there.

J Diddy
06-29-2009, 03:29 AM
Damn I miss St. Joe!

LOL, truly loved that whole "your post will be edited to make fun of you and your account will be suspended."

Captain Obvious
06-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Just curious as to how your season has started?

We're ahead of last year at this point but it's going to take a BIG day today to keep pace and I don't see it for a Sunday.

Well, we're in a small town, so we haven't even started yet. Open tomorrow. My Uncle does it up pretty big around MO. 60+ tents. The word from him is that things are slow.

Nzoner
06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, we're in a small town, so we haven't even started yet. Open tomorrow. My Uncle does it up pretty big around MO. 60+ tents. The word from him is that things are slow.

I had a girl come in Sunday with a family member and she was telling me how much she loved fireworks.1 hour later we were loading up her car with a $1010.00 purchase. :eek:

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I had a girl come in Sunday with a family member and she was telling me how much she loved fireworks.1 hour later we were loading up her car with a $1010.00 purchase. :eek:

How many snakes and sparklers?

Deberg_1990
06-30-2009, 12:11 PM

Wow. NO offense to you or your business, but i just cant fathom how someone could spend so much $$$ on fireworks??

She might as well pulled out ten 100 dollar bills and lit them on fire.

Nzoner
06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow. NO offense to you or your business, but i just cant fathom how someone could spend so much $$$ on fireworks??

No offense taken,I can't fathom it either but I'll gladly accept it :)

Kyle DeLexus
06-30-2009, 03:59 PM

Don't forget the $10

J Diddy
07-01-2009, 08:15 AM

No kidding. I give my kids $20 each and then probably spend $50 more myself. If I ever spend more than $100 on fireworks I'll probably hang myself.

Nzoner
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
This can be taken down now as July 1st has passed,unfortunately it did no good but with the economy etc. I'm not surprised.Thanks for the sticky.