PDA

View Full Version : Environment While Iran burns... "Huckabee" features the Young Cons.

Direckshun
06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I can't believe what I just saw on Fox News.

I conducted a youtube search just to ensure what I just saw, and of course it turns out Fox News has been propping these guys across their entire network.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4Syk09MSsc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4Syk09MSsc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

W o w .

Direckshun
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
"Hip hops' new voice."

"Smashing stereotypes."

Oy.

Thig Lyfe
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Conservatism and hip-hop are mutually exclusive cultures. These guys are ridiculous.

irishjayhawk
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
:spock:

Scary, actually.

Thig Lyfe
06-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Plus they have NO flow whatsoever.

Pitt Gorilla
06-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Damn, that was def! That ep is going to be ill, ya'll. The word be they tourin wit Fisticuffs.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 08:28 AM
That would go over better on Saturday Night, Live.

BucEyedPea
06-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Why should they stop living because of Iran? Quit meddling.

mlyonsd
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
That would go over better on Saturday Night, Live.

This.

Maybe they could include the Obama girl and do an American Idol skit.

stevieray
06-15-2009, 09:43 AM
while troops die in Afghanistan, Bill Maher goes on a comedy tour..

shameful!

:rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
06-15-2009, 10:51 AM
while troops die in Afghanistan, Bill Maher goes on a comedy tour..

shameful!

:rolleyes:

ROFL:clap:

KC native
06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Damn, I saw this a couple weeks ago and was hoping it die and never be brought up again. Horrid, just plain horrid. Seeing as how I never miss an opportunity to post a youtube link when I can here's some good political hip hop.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Igt-jW4e8ts&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Igt-jW4e8ts&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WA_xXWSXyFI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WA_xXWSXyFI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVL4IAKA9Lc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DVL4IAKA9Lc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

blaise
06-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I propose all networks show nothing but 24 hour, commercial free, coverage of Iran.

RaiderH8r
06-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Yep, this qualifies as faux outrage and indignation.

Direckshun is upset that Fox News has these guys on but the Administration has yet to come up with a credible response to Iran and has pissed off the Brits by unilaterally dropping Gitmos into Bermudia but yeah, what Fox News does with its air time is probably what we should care about right now.

Furthermore, Fox has been running Iran coverage almost all day so perhaps these guys were a break for 5 minutes. Maybe?

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I propose all networks show nothing but 24 hour, commercial free, coverage of Iran.

There you have it: blaise supports giving these clearly talented young chaps a microphone on national news television.

RaiderH8r
06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
There you have it: blaise supports giving these clearly talented young chaps a microphone on national news television.

I find it amusing that the party that so fervently, eagerly, and without shame regularly attacks US electoral process in a never ending quest to "ensure every vote is counted" now stands stunningly silent with respect to the Iranian elections. Instead it seems important to dance on the head of Fox News over a complete non sequiter event. If this weren't so f'ing laughable it would be interesting.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I find it amusing that the party that so fervently, eagerly, and without shame regularly attacks US electoral process in a never ending quest to "ensure every vote is counted" now stands stunningly silent with respect to the Iranian elections. Instead it seems important to dance on the head of Fox News over a complete non sequiter event. If this weren't so f'ing laughable it would be interesting.

I actually tried to reply to your previous post, but the Universe ate it or something.

So I'll reiterate one of my several points from that stillborn reply: Obama and the Democratic Party (and, for that matter, Cheney and the Republican Party) have not issued anything official on matters in Iran because nobody knows what's going on in Iran.

We are clueless. It could be a coup. It could be a legit election. It could have been 100% tampered by people who are outside of democratic control anyway.

Nobody knows. That's why we haven't thrown the weight of our government's voice behind anything yet. It'd be totally irresponsible.

RaiderH8r
06-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I actually tried to reply to your previous post, but the Universe ate it or something.

So I'll reiterate one of my several points from that stillborn reply: Obama and the Democratic Party (and, for that matter, Cheney and the Republican Party) have not issued anything official on matters in Iran because nobody knows what's going on in Iran.

We are clueless. It could be a coup. It could be a legit election. It could have been 100% tampered by people who are outside of democratic control anyway.

Nobody knows. That's why we haven't thrown the weight of our government's voice behind anything yet. It'd be totally irresponsible.

So why are you complaining about Fox News' use of their air time? If the Obamessiah in all of his glory isn't expected to have cracked the Iranian nut why are you peeved that Fox has these guys on in lieu of Iran coverage? How many news loops of the same BS do you need to hear?

All of this is a long way of pointing out Faux Outrage.

blaise
06-15-2009, 01:47 PM

I can't believe you're posting here while Iran burns.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 01:47 PM
So why are you complaining about Fox News' use of their air time? If the Obamessiah in all of his glory isn't expected to have cracked the Iranian nut why are you peeved that Fox has these guys on in lieu of Iran coverage? How many news loops of the same BS do you need to hear?
News loops on this?

Listen, if you're looping the same news over and over on a story that's literally changing by the minute, you MIGHT AS WELL be playing the ****ing Young Cons because you're not giving me NEWS. That goes for CNN as well, who have done nothing but loop three stories involving this mess over and over.

But at least CNN is not airing shit like this. Not to defend the network, but this is ****ing retarded.

blaise
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I bet MSNBC has wall to wall Iran coverage all day and night.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM

Better than bad does not equal good.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I bet MSNBC has wall to wall Iran coverage all day and night.

I don't know what you want me to do with this information.

blaise
06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't know what you want me to do with this information.

You seem to be indignant that Fox news isn't devoting full coverage to Iran, or am I mistaken? If that's not the point you were making then I apologize.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM

How dare you question his patriotism. ;)

RaiderH8r
06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
News loops on this?

Listen, if you're looping the same news over and over on a story that's literally changing by the minute, you MIGHT AS WELL be playing the ****ing Young Cons because you're not giving me NEWS. That goes for CNN as well, who have done nothing but loop three stories involving this mess over and over.

But at least CNN is not airing shit like this. Not to defend the network, but this is ****ing retarded.

The story is moving faster than their ability to report it. For once networks may be exercising responsible journalism, vetting their stories before airing them because the situation over there is volatile and sound reporting of the whole scenario is a crucial element of keeping people properly informed. In short, relax Francis. Getting the story right is more important than getting a story out.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 02:52 PM
You seem to be indignant that Fox news isn't devoting full coverage to Iran, or am I mistaken? If that's not the point you were making then I apologize.

First of all, you should never have to apologize to me on this forum. I appreciate it but it's unnecessary.

Secondly, I believe that cable news coverage has been nothing short of atrocious over the course of this particular story that literally defines what bottom-up democracy is about. All three channels have dropped the ball but this particular thing by Fox News -- the Young Cons -- represents a disgusting low.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 02:52 PM
The story is moving faster than their ability to report it. For once networks may be exercising responsible journalism, vetting their stories before airing them because the situation over there is volatile and sound reporting of the whole scenario is a crucial element of keeping people properly informed. In short, relax Francis. Getting the story right is more important than getting a story out.

You applaud the news organizations for being slow with the story, yet condemn Obama for not issuing any statements.

el oh el

petegz28
06-15-2009, 02:58 PM
The world should come to a halt!

RaiderH8r
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
You applaud the news organizations for being slow with the story, yet condemn Obama for not issuing any statements.

el oh el

I'm not condemning him, I'm pointing out that the bar should be a little higher for Barry O than tv stations.

And yes, I am applauding them if they are, in fact, vetting their stories. Too often the 24hr hit and run media has run with half of a story in their eagerness to get the scoop only to have the the full story come too late to have an impact on the knee jerk reactionaries (most of America) who have already staked out their respective positions on the issue at hand.

Lastly, has anybody heard anything more on the journalists in NK? That story went right off the front page.

blaise
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
First of all, you should never have to apologize to me on this forum. I appreciate it but it's unnecessary.

Secondly, I believe that cable news coverage has been nothing short of atrocious over the course of this particular story that literally defines what bottom-up democracy is about. All three channels have dropped the ball but this particular thing by Fox News -- the Young Cons -- represents a disgusting low.

I haven't watched the Young Cons video (whatever it is, I can't see clips at work. I'm guessing it's some lame rap group that's pro-conservative?). I'm quite sure it's ridiculously bad. I guess my point is- I'm sure most of the networks are running some trivial stories today; this one by Fox probably stands out because, from what I can gather, it's laughably bad, but I don't know if that makes them all that much worse than the other networks.
I generally don't watch Fox News, so I can't speak to their coverage on the whole, but from my experience all the news channels are, more or less, in the same boat.

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I haven't watched the Young Cons video (whatever it is, I can't see clips at work. I'm guessing it's some lame rap group that's pro-conservative?). I'm quite sure it's ridiculously bad. I guess my point is- I'm sure most of the networks are running some trivial stories today; this one by Fox probably stands out because, from what I can gather, it's laughably bad, but I don't know if that makes them all that much worse than the other networks.
I generally don't watch Fox News, so I can't speak to their coverage on the whole, but from my experience all the news channels are, more or less, in the same boat.

Fair take.

Calcountry
06-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I can't believe you're posting here while Iran burns.I can't believe anybody gives a shit if Iran burns.

BucEyedPea
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I can't believe anybody gives a shit if Iran burns.

Meddlers everywhere. You'd think they were stay at home mom's discussing another neighbor's business in a coffee clach. "Oh my, did you hear what her husband did to her last week? Someone should go over there and give him a piece of their mind. It's just not right!"

BucEyedPea
06-15-2009, 07:05 PM

el oh el

I think is closed lips are to his credit.

patteeu
06-15-2009, 10:09 PM

LMAO Frankie's going to be mad at you.

Chief Henry
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM
LMAO Frankie's going to be mad at you.

Does anyone really give a shit what Frankie thinks ?

Direckshun
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM

Just wait and see who'll be left standing if it does.

Hint: it ain't your fairy godmother, that's for fucking sure.