Buck
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Who is injured?

WoodDraw
Fucking christ

Ultra Peanut
What the fuck was Castillo DOING and how is he still on the pitch?!

Buck
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Why did he grab Davies? WTF?

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Who is injured?

Davies, I believe.

Our announcers have decided to talk about other things for a bit.

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 03:39 PM
What the **** was Castillo DOING and how is he still on the pitch?!

Straight red, no question. This ref sucks.

Buck
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
So that guy who grabbed Davies didn't get a red card? BULLSHIT

chiefy
Straight red, no question. This ref sucks.

did they even give a card?

WoodDraw
did they even give a card?

Not that I've heard.

Great Expectations
08-12-2009, 03:41 PM
it looked like he was filling out a yellow, but i'm not positive.

Ultra Peanut
08-12-2009, 03:42 PM
hahahahaha JESUS CHRIST

Great Expectations
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see Jozy take somebody out, make a statement.

WoodDraw
This ref is losing control of the game.

stlchiefs
Fuck Castillo. Someone kick that little POS ass. Under 5 left let Gooch go at him.

KCCHIEFS27
What is wrong with this Castillo guy?

stlchiefs
SHIT: 2-1 Mexico

Buck
08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Christ

Ultra Peanut
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Fuck all of this. Every bit of it.

stlchiefs
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
2 guys got burned and nobody was marking up in the middle. Just bad play by the US

Great Expectations
08-12-2009, 03:46 PM
What is wrong with this Castillo guy?

He is a punk, messing with our injured players as they are lying on the field.

Fruit Ninja
Cant say i am upset about this. Part of having roots in other countries. lol

Ultra Peanut
There is a Mexican fan trying to apologize to me right now for how retarded all of this is.

Detoxing
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Fuck, my GF is gonna rub this in my face for the next week if Mexico wins.....MF

Fruit Ninja
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Castillo's nickname isnt el diablo for nothing. lol

Ultra Peanut
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Hahahahahaha, not even three minutes of stoppage time. What a fucking joke.

I hope Panama gets fucking invaded.

KCCHIEFS27
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Well our next match is September 5th in Salt Lake against El Salvador..

Ultra Peanut
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
That was very Azteca.

KCCHIEFS27
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I can't believe how excited they are to get a win against the US team IN Azteca stadium. This is Mexico's number one sport and the US could care less about soccer minus a small minority. Nevermind, I forgot about Costa Rica being in first and this puts Mexico over Honduras for that third spot at the moment.

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Hahahahahaha, not even three minutes of stoppage time. What a ****ing joke.

I hope Panama gets ****ing invaded.

I don't normally bitch too hard about refs, but that was fucking pathetic.

stlchiefs
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Castillo's nickname isnt el diablo for nothing. lol

I'll just call him puta.

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Ref BS aside, we could've played so much better.

The inability to hold and pass the ball continues to kill us, just like against Brazil. We failed to play through the MF and the offense suffered.

Bocanegra played like balls. Cherundolo actually played well. Onyewu looked great, minus being a bit late a couple of times. DeMerit, whatever.

Bradley had a couple good balls late, but bleh. Did Clark play? Dempsey and Donovan were both average, although that's not entirely there fault. Davies looked good. Ching was Ching. Alitdore, not enough of a chance.

Ultra Peanut
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Seriously, we were terrible.

penguinz
08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Ref BS aside, we could've played so much better.

The inability to hold and pass the ball continues to kill us, just like against Brazil. We failed to play through the MF and the offense suffered.

Bocanegra played like balls. Cherundolo actually played well. Onyewu looked great, minus being a bit late a couple of times. DeMerit, whatever.

Bradley had a couple good balls late, but bleh. Did Clark play? Dempsey and Donovan were both average, although that's not entirely there fault. Davies looked good. Ching was Ching. Alitdore, not enough of a chance.What do you expect when you play without a midfield?

Fruit Ninja
08-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I'll just call him puta.

Funnything is thats what the Mexican fans yell everytime the oppossing goalie kicks the ball. lol

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
How do we switch up the central MF now? We obviously need someone with more creativity. Maybe start Benny and have him play more forward? I've never seen Jones play, but if he can hold the ball and distribute it forward to Dempsey and Donovan, that'd be a huge improvement.

Bocanegra needs to slide down one on the depth chart too. I don't want to kick a dead a horse, but awful. Just terrible touch and form all around. Awful.

Spicy McHaggis
08-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope Panama gets ****ing invaded.

Well, the US did back in 89. They might still hold a grudge.

the Talking Can
08-12-2009, 06:15 PM
i didn't see it all, but listened to it

what i saw was a bunch of retards kicking the ball in random directions with random amounts of strength......can we really still not pass in the midfield? like ever? our freaking NATIONAL team?

fuk that was frustrating, i thought we'd lay it on them...

WoodDraw
08-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Some final thoughts:

-Bocanegra needs to resign the captaincy. He's not the first choice starter at any of the defender spots, and needs to be relegated to first CB sub.

-We've got to learn how to possess the ball from the defense through the MF. Too many of our defenders (everyone other than Onyewu?) tend to boot the ball as soon as they get it, giving way too much possesion away. It might be time to look at alternatives in the central mid too.

-Ching no longer should start for this team. He couldn't even hold the ball when he got it today. And that's what he's there for.

Positives:

-Davies showed he's an answer as a forward. Probably the best US performance today.

Great Expectations
08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
-We've got to learn how to possess the ball from the defense through the MF. Too many of our defenders (everyone other than Onyewu?) tend to boot the ball as soon as they get it, giving way too much possesion away. It might be time to look at alternatives in the central mid too.

I think this has been our main problem, our defense sends the ball directly to our forwards or out of play 95% of the time.

DJJasonp
08-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Some final thoughts:

-Bocanegra needs to resign the captaincy. He's not the first choice starter at any of the defender spots, and needs to be relegated to first CB sub.

-Ching no longer should start for this team. He couldn't even hold the ball when he got it today. And that's what he's there for.

Positives:

-Davies showed he's an answer as a forward. Probably the best US performance today.

Besides Onyewu, our defenders dive and (late) slide tackle way too often.

With that said - this loss is on Bradley. After the 10th minute, we had no players on the ball or behind the ball when Mexico had the ball. We literally looked like a hockey team on penalty kill with just about 10 men in or near the box.

I dont think Donovan had a bad game at all....same can be said for Jozy, etc. They freakin' never got any touches due to the penalty-kill "just clear it out" mentality.

I've seen the US play much, much better...and I've seen our midfield handle the ball at the very least repectably (Spain game and the 1st half of Brazil).

Yesterday's antics are a direct result of Bradley's gameplan. He must have thought we couldnt handle the altitude, smog, whatever....and the plan was to tire out mexico by hanging back and letting them bring the attack to us. Hell, I think 90% of the game was played in the last 25% of the pitch (unfortunately, that was our 25% of the pitch).

I mentioned it during the game yesterday...it was almost like watching Rocky fight Mr. T the second time.....trying to tire out the opponent by withstanding wave after wave of attacks. (except the US never went southpaw in the second half, nor went into any resemblance of an "attack")

Bradley pulled a Marty yesterday....when you play not to lose....you dont win. (and apparently dont "tie" either).

Oh...and Dempsey was worthless yesterday. With that said, there IS enough talent on this team to win (witness the Spain and Brazil outcomes) - but bad gameplanning has doomed this team before the first whistle has blown in several games now (mexico...at El Salvador...at Costa Rica).

WoodDraw
08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Besides Onyewu, our defenders dive and (late) slide tackle way too often.

With that said - this loss is on Bradley. After the 10th minute, we had no players on the ball or behind the ball when Mexico had the ball. We literally looked like a hockey team on penalty kill with just about 10 men in or near the box.

I dont think Donovan had a bad game at all....same can be said for Jozy, etc. They freakin' never got any touches due to the penalty-kill "just clear it out" mentality.

I'm not sure this is entirely true. I'd have to rewatch the game, but I think Davies and Ching both played forward for most, if not all of their time.

Regardless, I doubt his gameplan was "get destroyed in the MF and launch the ball forward from the defense." The bunkering look was a byproduct of never controlling the ball from the defense through to the MF. When your constantly making poor clearances out, allowing consistent attack from Mexico, your MF is going to be dragged forward.

That's the players, not the tactics. We depend far too much on getting a lucky counter from one of our forwards or attacking mids. That's fine, but you also have to be able to control the ball in the defense and MF. Dribble out of trouble and make controlled passes to set up an attack, or at the very least, hold possesion and slow the game down a bit.

Sometimes I wonder if I watched the same Spain and Brazil games as everyone else. We still had zero possesion in the Spain game, especially in the second 45'. If anyone wasn't nervous as hell during that, I want some of whatever pill they get to take. Same with Brazil, once they got things together.

Really, the biggest problem was that everyone not named Charlie Davies had a shit game. Some worse than others, but a strong bleh across the board.

Now we need to fix this shit, and soon. But let's remember - Mexico always wins at Azteca. And we came in and played with them for 90'. I was pissed off as much as the next guy, but not a terrible result.

JuicesFlowing
08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
It would be nice if the US could control the ball. Every game I watch, they get outshot by a landslide, yet are fortunate enough to actually score and keep themselves in the game somehow. You can almost feel the loss coming once the opposing team just starts getting shot after shot after shot. The game against Brazil was the same way.

DJJasonp
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure this is entirely true. I'd have to rewatch the game, but I think Davies and Ching both played forward for most, if not all of their time.

Regardless, I doubt his gameplan was "get destroyed in the MF and launch the ball forward from the defense." The bunkering look was a byproduct of never controlling the ball from the defense through to the MF. When your constantly making poor clearances out, allowing consistent attack from Mexico, your MF is going to be dragged forward.

That's the players, not the tactics. We depend far too much on getting a lucky counter from one of our forwards or attacking mids. That's fine, but you also have to be able to control the ball in the defense and MF. Dribble out of trouble and make controlled passes to set up an attack, or at the very least, hold possesion and slow the game down a bit.

Sometimes I wonder if I watched the same Spain and Brazil games as everyone else. We still had zero possesion in the Spain game, especially in the second 45'. If anyone wasn't nervous as hell during that, I want some of whatever pill they get to take. Same with Brazil, once they got things together.

Really, the biggest problem was that everyone not named Charlie Davies had a shit game. Some worse than others, but a strong bleh across the board.

Now we need to fix this shit, and soon. But let's remember - Mexico always wins at Azteca. And we came in and played with them for 90'. I was pissed off as much as the next guy, but not a terrible result.

I respect your opinion - but I disagree with players/tactics.

We let mexico waltz the ball across midfield without a defender within 5-6 yards of the ball (and even players off the ball). We didnt apply defensive pressure until the last 25% of the field.

That's Bradley's tactics, not the players.

If 9 of your 11 men are in the box area, there's no one in a true midfield position to outlet the ball to. True, they shouldnt blindly clear the ball - but at the same time, no one is in good position for an outlet in the midfield (why do you think each time we tried to go up front to Davies or Jozy, there were 3 mexican players surrounding them?).

While the US has never controlled the ball with first touches like a Brazil or Italy....I dont believe these guys on our squad or so horrible that they cant stretch the field some and play up on the ball more.

Playing a game "not to lose" is not a good result in my opinion.

Why do you think we shocked Mexico in the world cup in 2002? We attacked...beat them at their own game. Even after scoring the first goal. We sure as hell didnt go into a shell and hope for a tie.

Ultra Peanut
08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Donovan played the full 90 at Azteca while suffering from swine flu.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/08/report-donovan-has-h1n1-virus.html

WoodDraw
08-14-2009, 10:15 AM

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/08/report-donovan-has-h1n1-virus.html

Well that explains the unusual slowness. Maybe they all have swine flu?

Spicy McHaggis
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM

Wow. At least they have some time before the next WCQ. I don't think anyone can deny that the defensive error on that second goal was anything but Donovan's legs just being gassed.

Everyone has already said my basic thoughts on the game so I'll skip the redundancy. I'm surprised the Ticos got beaten so badly by Honduras though.

WoodDraw
08-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyone watch Everton get blown out by Arsenal? Talk about a rough start to the year. Poor Timmy

Davies scored two in his debut in France. He's playing great now. Might be enough to win the starting striker spot.

JuicesFlowing
08-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Anyone watch Everton get blown out by Arsenal? Talk about a rough start to the year. Poor Timmy

Davies scored two in his debut in France. He's playing great now. Might be enough to win the starting striker spot.

Holy Shit, Premier League has already started????

Silock
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM

I did, and loved every minute of it. Who'da thunk that we'd have that good of a performance with Arshavin being nearly invisible? And Fabregas had to magnificent goals.

Good start for my team!

Spicy McHaggis
08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Just watched the Arsenal and Liverpool games on DVR.

Really, really surprised a usually stout Everton D got beaten that badly. Lescott must have his mind on City or something. Just an absolute drubbing. Arsenal looked fantastic.

Liverpool played like shit on defense as well against the Spurs. Pepe bailed them out with a couple brilliant saves against Keane. I do think Liverpool was robbed of that penalty kick though, especially since the ref had been calling fouls and giving cards like it was Christmas. No consistency there at all.

And I'm still irritated about the Alonso sale, not a great time for it IMO.

WoodDraw
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Just watched the Arsenal and Liverpool games on DVR.

Really, really surprised a usually stout Everton D got beaten that badly. Lescott must have his mind on City or something. Just an absolute drubbing. Arsenal looked fantastic.

Liverpool played like shit on defense as well against the Spurs. Pepe bailed them out with a couple brilliant saves against Keane. I do think Liverpool was robbed of that penalty kick though, especially since the ref had been calling fouls and giving cards like it was Christmas. No consistency there at all.

And I'm still irritated about the Alonso sale, not a great time for it IMO.

I normally go for whatever team has US nats playing for them, but Everton played such pathetic, ugly soccer I found myself cheering for Arsenal to demolish them even more. Allowing two headers from unmarked players? Indefensible.

Also, no draws opening weekend. How weird is that? I actually had a quick laugh when I opened up the table and saw Burnley, Wolverhampton (who?), and...Everton in the relegation spots.

Buck
08-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I normally go for whatever team has US nats playing for them, but Everton played such pathetic, ugly soccer I found myself cheering for Arsenal to demolish them even more. Allowing two headers from unmarked players? Indefensible.

Also, no draws opening weekend. How weird is that? I actually had a quick laugh when I opened up the table and saw Burnley, Wolverhampton (who?), and...Everton in the relegation spots.

Isn't it a little too early to be thinking about that?

Wolverhampton? Never heard of them.

WoodDraw
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Isn't it a little too early to be thinking about that?

Wolverhampton? Never heard of them.

Uhh yeah, if one game can be considered early. :)

It's just unusual to have no draws, plus Everton with a -5 GD after one game. I'm not saying Everton is a relegation candidate. Just a funny looking table.

WoodDraw
08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Burnley 1-0 Manchester United

LOLOL

Class goal for Burnley, though...

Silock
08-20-2009, 01:48 AM
LOL @ ManUre

Buck
08-20-2009, 07:59 AM
WTF?

Was Man U playing all its starters?

I heard Carrick or someone missed a PK. I guess they are missing Ronaldo already.

Chief Chief
08-20-2009, 08:10 AM
BURNLEY RULE!!!

Spicy McHaggis
08-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Shocked by the Burnley win. I thought there was no way that score would hold.

Even though it was Stoke, I'm glad Liverpool put 4 in the back of the net. They did struggle against them a bit last year. We'll see how this season turns out but I'm worried about the Reds lack of quality depth. They have some promising youngsters on the bench but lack anyone with some stripes on their jacket, especially in the face of the current injuries.

One last thing, Tottenham has some nice talent up top. When you can start Robbie Keane and Defoe, then sub on Pavlyuchenko or Crouch you're doing alright. Hull had no chance in that match.

Spicy McHaggis
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Jozy made his debut for Hull as a sub and looked dangerous. Had an assist immediately after entering the match and had two really great chances to add his own to the score sheet.

Very good showing, here's to Altidore having a fine season.

Spicy McHaggis
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
El Salvador and T&T rosters announced.

GK: Howard, Guzan

D: Demerit, Spector, Bocanegra, Bornstein, Cherundolo, Marshall, Onyewu

M: Feilhaber, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley, Holden, Clark, Beckerman, Torres

F: Altidore, Davies, Ching, Casey

---------------

Onyewu is out so I imagine Bradley will move Boca back to center with DeMerit and start Spector and Bornstein outside.

Maybe we'll see Holden or Feilhaber in the line up next to Michael Bradley after Clark's poor showing against Mexico (who actually played better than Michael but we know he's not going to ride the pine for a game).

Altidore and Davies up top.

WoodDraw
08-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Bradley's been in poor form for his club too. But, he still offers more than Clark and I don't see the need to play a pure defensive mid against El Salvador and T&T. I'm hoping for Feilhaber to start, probably alongside Bradley.

But these should be basic. Throw out the starters and get 3 points in each game. Anything short would be disappointing.

Also, did anyone just watch the Spurs? What a game. Can't believe they pulled that out. I've firmly jumped on the Spurs bandwagon, so they're probably ****ed.

Arsenal and United getting ready to start up.

Silock
08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Hope you're happy, United. You didn't deserve that win.

Silock
08-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Bradley's been in poor form for his club too. But, he still offers more than Clark and I don't see the need to play a pure defensive mid against El Salvador and T&T. I'm hoping for Feilhaber to start, probably alongside Bradley.

But these should be basic. Throw out the starters and get 3 points in each game. Anything short would be disappointing.

Also, did anyone just watch the Spurs? What a game. Can't believe they pulled that out. I've firmly jumped on the Spurs bandwagon, so they're probably ****ed.

Arsenal and United getting ready to start up.

Fuck Spurs.

WoodDraw
08-29-2009, 01:33 PM
**** Spurs.

Hah, I thought you'd be here soon. Rough game.

I actually don't hate Arsenal, which could be a problem for my new fandom. If I ever move to London I'll have to get my shit together.

On the bright side, you're not a Milan fan. Yikes

Spicy McHaggis
08-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Hope you're happy, United. You didn't deserve that win.

No shit. Talk about getting bailed out.

Wa-Z
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I've recently found some awesome podcasts on iTunes for European soccer..there's one from ESPN and one from The Guardian...

Spicy McHaggis
08-29-2009, 04:09 PM
World Soccer Daily used to be another good one but it recently just had its last show due to some comments the host made about the Hillsborough Disaster.

KC Dan
08-29-2009, 04:25 PM
**** Spurs.Ditto

JuicesFlowing
08-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't find the EPL thread. Chelsea looking good so far.:)

Spicy McHaggis
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Adu FINALLY gets his ass out of Benfica. On loan to another Portuguese team, Belenenses. I know nothing about them but at least it's something new. The emergence of Holden makes him breaking into the USMNT even harder.

WoodDraw
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Adu FINALLY gets his ass out of Benfica. On loan to another Portuguese team, Belenenses. I know nothing about them but at least it's something new. The emergence of Holden makes him breaking into the USMNT even harder.

Not a great club, but all he needs to do is play. So, congrats to him. They play Benfica next, weirdly enough...

Hull City just sold Michael Turner, so that's not good for their relegation fight. I hope Jozy can be a bright spot in what looks like an awful team.

Looking forward to the next few WCQ game. I need a good MNT performance to wash away the Azteca mess.

Spicy McHaggis
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Not a great club, but all he needs to do is play. So, congrats to him. They play Benfica next, weirdly enough...

Hull City just sold Michael Turner, so that's not good for their relegation fight. I hope Jozy can be a bright spot in what looks like an awful team.

Looking forward to the next few WCQ game. I need a good MNT performance to wash away the Azteca mess.

The Portuguese league isn't what it used to be for certain but at least it's better than the Danish top flight.

Glad to see Liverpool is getting fucking outbid by the likes of Sunderland for players. They phone in some guy from Greece as a band aid instead of spending some money and fortifying the back line with a guy that is an England National candidate. For the sake of Jozy, I hope Hull can keep up the (mostly) adequate form they've shown.

I too am excited to see the USMNT get back on the pitch. I have faith they'll take care of business and get 6 in the next two games.

Spicy McHaggis
09-03-2009, 03:17 PM
FIFA just brought the hammer down on Chelsea. Transfer ban until 2011 because the Blues were tapping up Gael Kakuta. Wow.

Spicy McHaggis
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
DeMerit likely out with a groin pull for tomorrow's game.

I would say we will see back line of:
Bornstein - Bocanegra - Marshall - 'Dolo/Spector
I thought Bornstein had a great Super Classico and Marshall has earned his chance to step in via a good Gold Cup showing.

Tomorrow is a great day for sports. I'm going to the Wisconsin/NIU game, then meeting up with friends to watch the USMNT game. And tomorrow as I recover, I can watch the DVR of the Jayhawks rolling. I am content.

Silock
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc277/gurleyboy81/136319WescoffatyourmisfortuneChelse.jpg

Silock
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Wayne Rooney: "I am not a cheat!" /Richard Nixon voice, only without testicles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8236483.stm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2FilSIGfCo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2FilSIGfCo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WoodDraw
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
FIFA just brought the hammer down on Chelsea. Transfer ban until 2011 because the Blues were tapping up Gael Kakuta. Wow.

I put the odds of that being held up at 1%. The arbitration is a joke. At most, they'll lose the winter transfer window, which would hurt but not kill them.

But if the two windows ban does hold up, ouch.

DeMerit's really out? That hurts even more with Onyewu's suspension. But it's El Salvador. May hurt the chances of Feilhaber getting a start over Clark, though.

Spicy McHaggis
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Well someone has to pick up the diving now that Ronaldo is gone.

WoodDraw
09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Wayne Rooney: "I am not a cheat!" /Richard Nixon voice, only without testicles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8236483.stm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2FilSIGfCo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2FilSIGfCo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't hold your breath waiting for a two match suspension.

Silock
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I put the odds of that being held up at 1%. The arbitration is a joke. At most, they'll lose the winter transfer window, which would hurt but not kill them.

It better hold up. Although, I'm sure Daddy Warbucks will try to buy his way out of it. This is their second infraction, though, so it better be held up.

Silock
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for a two match suspension.

Oh, I won't. Arsene was right. It's a witch hunt on Eduardo.

Spicy McHaggis
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM

DeMerit's really out? That hurts even more with Onyewu's suspension. But it's El Salvador. May hurt the chances of Feilhaber getting a start over Clark, though.

I agree. I thought it was quite harsh when it came down but I'm not a Chelski booster so I wasn't too crushed. And to be honest, losing only a single winter window won't matter as much since the club hasn't really shown interest in spending large amounts of coin this season anyways.

It hasn't been confirmed that DeMerit is out, but Bocanegra said as much in an interview this week. I would be really disappointed if Feilhaber doesn't get the start. El Salvador is probably going to bunker their defense in tomorrow and try to counter attack for offense. Having Benny on the pitch exponentially increases the ability of the US to break down Salvador's formation and attack. Put Benny in, let's go forward and put this game away to the point that there is no doubt.

Spicy McHaggis
09-04-2009, 04:14 PM

It's shitty. He's being made an example of after the fact, IMO. I hate diving but to punish him like they have isn't fair or consistent.

WoodDraw
09-04-2009, 04:14 PM

I don't have a problem with retrospective punishment for diving, but they have to be consistent. Diving can be hard to spot at game speed unless they pull a Gilardino and flop down a minute after contact. And when they're diving to get penalties, that's bs.

But, consistency.

Wa-Z
09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
To Rooney's credit he is a very good diver haha..

Wa-Z
09-04-2009, 04:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eG1nJboxSo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eG1nJboxSo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Silock
09-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't have a problem with retrospective punishment for diving, but they have to be consistent. Diving can be hard to spot at game speed unless they pull a Gilardino and flop down a minute after contact. And when they're diving to get penalties, that's bs.

But, consistency.

Yup. Eduardo certainly dove, and that was reprehensible. But I have zero faith that similar punishments will be metered out to high-profile teams this season.

WoodDraw
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eG1nJboxSo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eG1nJboxSo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's horrible. I just looked it up and Witsel got an 8 games suspension. Better than nothing, I guess.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
ESPN Classic 7:00 PM tonight USA vs El Salvador ...

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Apparently I'm the only one watching. US down 1-0.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 06:58 PM
US up 2-1 now. What a game.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
****!****! Brazil 3 Argentina 1 22 min 2nd half

I hate my life...

WoodDraw
09-05-2009, 09:06 PM
I didn't get to watch much of the game, but I heard our back line was awful. We need to get that shit fixed before WC play.

What's going on in other CONCACAF WCQ? I need to go find out...

Spicy McHaggis
09-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I didn't get to watch much of the game, but I heard our back line was awful. We need to get that shit fixed before WC play.

Bornstein looked out of place again at LB, which is disappointing. He whiffed on a clearance that led to the El Salvador goal. Spector looked just okay defensively but had a great cross to Dempsey (who missed). At least that part of his game seems consistent. The center backs actually looked pretty good in my eyes, Marshall did an admirable job filling in for Gooch and Boca was steady if not spectacular.

I think, for now at least, we've found Bornstein isn't the answer. As Spector is currently playing on the left for West Ham I think we could see him shift over with Cherundolo taking back the right spot. Also, Castillo apparently has just been approved by FIFA to play for the US so we can figure he may factor in, in the future.

Side Note: The US got ABSOLUTELY screwed by the ref for that 3rd goal. I'm not sure what happened there but Dempsey didn't foul and Jozy was at least 2 steps onside. I certainly didn't see any reason for the whistle other than the US getting boned again.

And isn't watching the two young strikers in Jozy and Davies just awesome? They're not all the way there yet, but damn it's exciting watching them with the ball. Davies is an absolute burner.

Silock
09-07-2009, 10:51 AM
We got HOSED for 2 goals, actually. And it makes a difference on GD.

Our backline looked bad, but we were missing 2 important guys. Not panic time. Remember how well we defended in the CC.

DJJasonp
09-07-2009, 11:26 AM
We got HOSED for 2 goals, actually. And it makes a difference on GD.

Our backline looked bad, but we were missing 2 important guys. Not panic time. Remember how well we defended in the CC.

we missed onyewu tremendously.

That said, and with the jobbing by the refs....if Dempsey was a world-class finisher - he would have had 3 or 4 goals in the game....easily.

Davies continues to impress....we finally may have someone up front who can take defenders one-on-one and create.

We MUST stop clearing the ball terribly. Some of our "clears" looked like our defenders were trying to get assists they were so bad.

Spicy McHaggis
09-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I loved seeing Torres and Holden get in the game yesterday. Holden really is looking like a legitimate piece of the team and that header Torres got off was awesome. Glad he's out of Bob's doghouse.

WoodDraw
09-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm downloading the torrent now, so I'll have more to say in a bit.

We're going to have an exciting end to the hex. It could come down to GD, and I don't want to have to play that playoff game. We need three points at T&T.

WoodDraw
09-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Finally made it through. Not as bad as I was expecting. Some poor defending, especially clearing the ball. Donovan was class. Dempsey played well, but couldn't finish on a couple chances. Central MF looked weak. Love Davies and Altidore right now. CONCACAF wtf refereeing again.

Whatever. WCQ games never are easy. We got the three points. Now, we need the same thing tomorrow. Demerit out again, but Onyewu back. Three points + no cards please.

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Game time on ESPN Classic

Argentina in 5th place. That sucks for CONCACAF, other than we get to laugh at carlos's misery.

Spain and England punch their tickets. Cue England thinking they can win...

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Game time on ESPN Classic

Argentina in 5th place. That sucks for CONCACAF, other than we get to laugh at carlos's misery.

Spain and England punch their tickets. Cue England thinking they can win...

I like England, but they haven't exactly played anyone have they?

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
This is embarrassing so far. As awful as we've played in awhile.

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
More CONCACAF wtf refereeing.

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah nice call on that deflection off the defender. That was ridiculous.

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah nice call on that deflection off the defender. That was ridiculous.

That, and the referee stopped play with us having the ball for their keeper's injury and then gave them the ball on a throw in. That's not even a judgement call, thats basic rules of the game. At least T&T gave us the ball back. And then the ref immediately ends play.

WTF.

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Beautiful goal.

CHENZ A!
09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
that was a sweet goal. I don't know much about soccer, but it seems like we don't usually score from that far out. Most of our goals come on rebounds, or rare breakaways. :shrug:

either way it was cool. And I do know we need 3 points! :clap:

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 1-0 vs Paraguay..... I have not felt this way since the 5-0 colombian shelaking and the 1994 WC qualifier that we had to play vs Australia to get in.... Im going to KILL myself if Maradona is still the coach for the OCT 9th game.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:03 PM
By the way, even though this was a bad game for the US a road win is a road win...

JuicesFlowing
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Phew. That win helps. That was too close.

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
What an awful game. Thank god we got three points there. But, no way we can play like that and expect to do much again.

Time to watch the rest of the hex.

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
But, no way we can play like that and expect to do much again..

You could have beat Argentina with 10 men tonight... :shake:

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 07:20 PM
You could have beat Argentina with 10 men tonight... :shake:

I really do feel sorry for you guys. As long as we aren't the ones playing you in the playoff, I'll cheer for Argentina. I'm sick of CONCACAF. Let's get this hex over and start preparing for WC.

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I really do feel sorry for you guys. As long as we aren't the ones playing you in the playoff, I'll cheer for Argentina. I'm sick of CONCACAF. Let's get this hex over and start preparing for WC.

well, these games confirmed that Brazil and Paraguay are better than Argentina, and it shows in the standings.... 1-2 punch... but now we need to win out and hope Ecuador slips...:spock: If i have to face Costa Rica/Honduras or Mexico for the chance to get to the WC i will be pissed, we have the best players in the world, and various GREAT players, yet we cant play as a team... :shake:

Last time this happened in 94.. {1-0 (1-1)} vs australia 2-1 aggregate score that gave me a heart attack... guess who was called up to play in those games after he had retired... (Maradona)

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
the other thing that pisses me off... i have to pay $35 to watch these games on my tv...

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 07:34 PM
well, these games confirmed that Brazil and Paraguay are better than Argentina, and it shows in the standings.... 1-2 punch... but now we need to win out and hope Ecuador slips...:spock: If i have to face Costa Rica/Honduras or Mexico for the chance to get to the WC i will be pissed, we have the best players in the world, and various GREAT players, yet we cant play as a team... :shake:

Last time this happened in 94.. {1-0 (1-1)} vs australia 2-1 aggregate score that gave me a heart attack... guess who was called up to play in those games after he had retired... (Maradona)

You know, if you qualify that's all that matters. No one cares how it happens afterwards. It's rarely pretty, even for some of the great teams. The US looked like shit in these two games, but if we can pull this out and not finish 4th I'll be happy. At that point, time to start over and start booking the WC friendlies.

That's funny about Maradona. I did not know that. Going to be a rough post-game for him.

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
You know, if you qualify that's all that matters. No one cares how it happens afterwards.

Maybe not to a lot of fans... but i can tell you exactly how we qualified for the last 6 WC (i was born in 82)... and exactly who we played in the those WC... i can remember every single one of the goals... And i can tell you that most of Argentina fans can remember...

No one forgets, and it will always will be brought up....:D

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Half time in both of the other CONCACAF games, both at 0-0. So far, so good for the US.

Maybe not to a lot of fans... but i can tell you exactly how we qualified for the last 6 WC (i was born in 82)... and exactly who we played in the those WC... i can remember every single one of the goals... And i can tell you that most of Argentina fans can remember...

No one forgets, and it will always will be brought up....:D

Hah, fair enough. I just mean if you make it to South Africa, who cares. I'd rather qualify ugly then not qualify ugly. WC 2010 is a year away... Plenty of time to get shit figured out.

carlos3652
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Hah, fair enough. I just mean if you make it to South Africa, who cares. I'd rather qualify ugly then not qualify ugly. WC 2010 is a year away... Plenty of time to get shit figured out.

True, but still, we havent missed a WC in awhile... thats not the standard for my team... its get there, and get there winning... 1/2 the teams in south america qualify... your telling me we arent that good... :eek: this sucks...

WoodDraw
09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Mexico up 1-0 on Blanco's PK

CRC-ESA still no score, but El Salvador got screwed out of a goal. I'm all for goal line technology at this point. It happens far too often, and no official is in position to tell.

[edit so I don't keep on bumping]

El Salvador just beat Costa Rica 1-0. That's huge for us.

And Mexico wins. Damn we're close.

And I hope some South America team has to play on Costa Rica's plastic "field". I hate Saprissa nearly as much as Azteca.

Spicy McHaggis
09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
These last two Qualifiers have about given me a heart attack.

Here's my knee jerk reactions:

Dempsey played like shit. Absolute shit. He dribbled the ball around with his head down until something bad happened like he was 7 ****ing years old. Holden comes in and in 10 minutes almost has an assist and puts the ball on frame (albeit weakly that time). I'm wondering when the knack Dempsey has for scoring is outweighed by the other 85 faceless minutes he's been putting out there. Drives me absolutely mad to watch him play for his club and put in the work there and not see it translate to the USNT

Our defense HAS to stop backpedaling when an opponent has the ball 25 yards out. Way, way too much space was given all around and it allowed a less gifted side enough time to find something to do with the ball.

Bornstein actually played better than he did last week. He seemed to position himself well and shut down the left side for the most part. I'm still not convinced he's the answer though.

Landon Donovan has the most insane work rate. The guy simply never stops running. Ever. And things that wouldn't otherwise happen, happen for him because of it.

All in all, a poor game for the US but a better 2nd half than first. A great shot by Clark gives us 3 and right now, that's what we needed.

BWillie
09-09-2009, 11:10 PM
So the US is like #10 in Fifa World Rankings? I thought we would be like #50. Awesome. Most people here don't give a shit about soccer, but yet we are ranked ahead of Mexico, Greece, Switzerland, Portugal and other places that actually live and breathe kickball without hands.

Silock
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
FIFA rankings are a joke. We don't deserve #10.

However, we're still not as bad as we look. We don't have the new guys that qualify to play with us from other countries, nor are we starting our WC back 4. Add in the fact that WCQ games are NEVER easy, regardless of who you're playing, and we just barely scrape out a win. It happens. It happens to every country, even when they're playing bad teams.

BTW: LOL @ Maradonna. Sad day for Argentina. They deserve more than this.

WoodDraw
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Have any of your guys been to a game in England? I'm thinking about making a trip there soon and trying to start the process of looking at games to see.

I'm thinking early-mid December right now will be the only time it will work. I have pretty legit connections to Arsenal (and I'm seriously reconsidering my Spurs love based on this trip now. Fuck me, I need to get this shit figured out - fucking London rivalries I don't care about yet), so right now Arsenal at home against Stoke City is my best option.

I'm also seriously considering traveling up to Liverpool for the Arsenal game on the 12th as that would be 500x of a cooler game, but that would mean leaving London.

I wouldn't mind seeing some other grounds while I'm there either. Any Arsenal game I see should be free, so I'll have some money to blow on other games. But I don't want to have to scalp or see shit teams with crap support either.

All other London advice is welcome as well.

Silock
09-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Fuck Adebayor. I hope he gets a 4 game ban for that shit he pulled on Van Persie.

No, I haven't been, but I want to one of these days.

WoodDraw
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
**** Adebayor. I hope he gets a 4 game ban for that shit he pulled on Van Persie.

I think I fucked up that post. I posted, and it said edited at blah blah even though I don't remember ever editing.

I'll second the fuck Adebayor comment though. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get the longer suspension though.

Silock
09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213252/Emmanuel-Adebayor-raked-Van-Persie-stamped-Fabregas-started-mini-riot--FA-throw-book-him.html

I hear you on the rivalries. It's just not the same when you don't grow up with the rivalry. I mean, I get it. Derby matches are great, and Spurs v. Arsenal is always entertaining. However, it's much like Chiefs v. Raiders is now. The Raiders are so bad that the rivalry has lost a little luster. I can honestly say I hate Chelsea and Man U far more than I do Spurs, although City is starting to climb up the list with a quickness.

I would definitely go for the Liverpool Arsenal game. Stoke doesn't really have anyone impressive to watch, other than Rory Delap's throw-ins. With Liverpool, you can at least watch Arsenal and Torres.

Wa-Z
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
**** Adebayor. I hope he gets a 4 game ban for that shit he pulled on Van Persie.

Classless piece of shit he is, I always liked him before...that's just bad juju why would you turn your Karma like that?!

KC Dan
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Have any of your guys been to a game in England? I'm thinking about making a trip there soon and trying to start the process of looking at games to see.

I'm thinking early-mid December right now will be the only time it will work. I have pretty legit connections to Arsenal (and I'm seriously reconsidering my Spurs love based on this trip now. **** me, I need to get this shit figured out - ****ing London rivalries I don't care about yet), so right now Arsenal at home against Stoke City is my best option.

I'm also seriously considering traveling up to Liverpool for the Arsenal game on the 12th as that would be 500x of a cooler game, but that would mean leaving London.

I wouldn't mind seeing some other grounds while I'm there either. Any Arsenal game I see should be free, so I'll have some money to blow on other games. But I don't want to have to scalp or see shit teams with crap support either.

All other London advice is welcome as well.I have been to the Emirates. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will PM you some info that I learned while there.

KC Dan
09-13-2009, 11:10 PM

No, I haven't been, but I want to one of these days.6 games minimum. That couldn't have been more classless and then the taunting after...POS

WoodDraw
09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
For those following the US WC bid, they visited KC to check out our proposal.

Here's a blog report:

http://www.backpost.net/2009/09/world-cup-bid-visit-to-kansas-city.html

And here are more pictures. Some cool ones in there of Arrowhead too.

http://www.tpbphoto.com/Sports/2009-Soccer-Oth/KCWorld-Cup-Bid/9633332_Y7rot

George Brett and Len Dawson acted as ambassadors at lunch. Looks like they put on an impressive show.

That made me really want to experience the fan areas on the plaza and downtown with all the out of country visitors. What an amazing atmosphere that would be.

|Zach|
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
For those following the US WC bid, they visited KC to check out our proposal.

Here's a blog report:

http://www.backpost.net/2009/09/world-cup-bid-visit-to-kansas-city.html

And here are more pictures. Some cool ones in there of Arrowhead too.

http://www.tpbphoto.com/Sports/2009-Soccer-Oth/KCWorld-Cup-Bid/9633332_Y7rot

George Brett and Len Dawson acted as ambassadors at dinner. Looks like they put on an impressive show.

That made me really want to experience the fan areas on the plaza and downtown with all the out of country visitors. What an amazing atmosphere that would be.

Thanks for the the heads up!

CHENZ A!
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Anyone going to the Chivas - Club America game at Arrowhead? I'm going with some friends and fam. Should be pretty wild. I guess I will be rooting for Chivas. Any info on the teams I should be aware of?

Spicy McHaggis
09-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Any info on the teams I should be aware of?

Beyond the fact that they are two storied clubs in the Mexican Primera I don't know much about them.

One of the guys I would watch, simply because I know him from his days with Independiente, is Daniel Montenegro.

WoodDraw
09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Anyone going to the Chivas - Club America game at Arrowhead? I'm going with some friends and fam. Should be pretty wild. I guess I will be rooting for Chivas. Any info on the teams I should be aware of?

I'm not a big fan of either team, but it should be fun atmosphere. América is having a good season while Chivas is...not. They just fired their manager a couple days ago.

I hope KC gives a good crowd. Have fun.

Baby Lee
09-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Torres is a freaking Leviathan. Hat trick today, fastest to 50 goals in Premiere League History.

JuicesFlowing
09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Torres is a freaking Leviathan. Hat trick today, fastest to 50 goals in Premiere League History.

I'm watching. I'm also nervously seeing Chelsea losing to Wigan, WTF???

JuicesFlowing
09-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Nevermind, Drogba just scored. Thank God.

WoodDraw
09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Nevermind, Drogba just scored. Thank God.

Err...

JuicesFlowing
09-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Err...

Yeah, nevermind. It was a "you should have been there" kind of post.

JuicesFlowing
09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Chelsea vs. Liverpool October 4 10:00 am cst. I hoe that's on Fox Soccer Channel or ESPN 360 .. should be good.

Spicy McHaggis
10-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Chicago dwellers, I'll be at the Small Bar off Division or Fado's for the USMNT game on Saturday night with a buddy or two since the Honduran Federation sucks balls and is only broadcasting on closed circuit. PM me if you're interested in meeting up or what not.

carlos3652
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Hope the US and Argentina do well... I hope I don't slit my wrist on Saturday or Wednesday for that matter....
Posted via Mobile Device

Silock
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Argentina are never going to win with Maradona. They might qualify, but he's wasting all their talent.

carlos3652
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
There has been a quiet coup in Argentina... They added some people to his coaching entourage to help him... I agree he blows as a coach... But I think talent plus now coaching help will come a long way... I predict a 4-0 vs Peru and a 1-0 vs Uruguay... And we qualify direct...
Posted via Mobile Device

Spicy McHaggis
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
There has been a quiet coup in Argentina... They added some people to his coaching entourage to help him... I agree he blows as a coach... But I think talent plus now coaching help will come a long way... I predict a 4-0 vs Peru and a 1-0 vs Uruguay... And we qualify direct...
Posted via Mobile Device

Argentina should have one of the 5 best gaffers in the world. It's a shame to see it come down like this, if Argentina didn't have the talent they have there would be absolutely no shot of them qualifying. They should have canned Maradona after the Bolivia fiasco.

Silock
10-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know. I think you could end up in a situation where you play the CONCACAF team and smoke them to get in.

WoodDraw
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Chicago dwellers, I'll be at the Small Bar off Division or Fado's for the USMNT game on Saturday night with a buddy or two since the Honduran Federation sucks balls and is only broadcasting on closed circuit. PM me if you're interested in meeting up or what not.

Oh, I'll be in Chicago so I might stop by depending on how crazy things are since I'll just be getting in. You know what the cover will be?

Spicy McHaggis
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Oh, I'll be in Chicago so I might stop by depending on how crazy things are since I'll just be getting in. You know what the cover will be?

I haven't heard, but most places I've seen are $15-$20.

JuicesFlowing
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
It's really annoying when these games aren't televised ...

CHENZ A!
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
What time is the game central time? anyone know of a place showing it in KC?

carlos3652
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't know. I think you could end up in a situation where you play the CONCACAF team and smoke them to get in.
Not sure we would smoke them 1-0, 1-1 vs australia in 1994 playoff to get to the world cup....

The only reason we are even close to qualifying is because of the talent.... Imagine the most talented NFL allstar team headcoached by herm Edwards... You will win some, bit u will lose games you shouldn't lose....

I don't blame the 6-1 vs Bolivia completely on maradona.... We have won once in las 20-30 years there...
Posted via Mobile Device

Friendo
10-10-2009, 05:49 AM
time?
coverage?
and anyone know who's taking Dempsey's spot?

Spicy McHaggis
10-10-2009, 08:19 AM
What time is the game central time? anyone know of a place showing it in KC?

9 pm Central and I believe the 810 Zone on the Plaza bought the game. I would call and check though.

Spicy McHaggis
10-10-2009, 08:22 AM
time?
coverage?
and anyone know who's taking Dempsey's spot?

It's got to be Holden as the leader, maybe Feilhaber if he doesn't get the central nod. I would love to see Paco Torres as a supersub.

I would keep the pairing of Donovan and Davies on one side for sure though, regardless of who Bradley plugs into Dempsey's spot. They're really starting to learn how to work together.

schneider221
10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
9 pm Central and I believe the 810 Zone on the Plaza bought the game. I would call and check though.

Spicy is correct. 810 on the plaza purchased this game ( supposedly cost 2K just to show it) and is not charging a cover charge at all. Anyone who wants to watch the game should go and show them you appreciate it by buying drinks all night.

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Welcome to my life, I have to purchase my Argentina games for $30 a pop...
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
10-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome to my life, I have to purchase my Argentina games for $30 a pop...
Posted via Mobile Device

At least you have the option of purchasing them.

Wa-Z
10-10-2009, 11:39 AM
google for live streams

Wa-Z
10-10-2009, 11:39 AM
i watched the germany game earlier and am currently watching the england game

Wa-Z
10-10-2009, 11:40 AM
and i tend to get better results when i google under google.co.uk and search for football streams not soccer

JuicesFlowing
10-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Looks like I'll be watching Mexico vs. El Salvador tonight on Telemundo with my wife and brother in-law who's visiting from Mexico.

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow .... Gooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll Argentina 2-1 93 min.... I was 2 min away from killin myself.... Freaking monsoon in buenos aires right now
Posted via Mobile Device

JuicesFlowing
10-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Mexico just qualified for the World Cup. 4-1 win over El Salvador.

JuicesFlowing
10-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I really hope the US wins tonight, they need to make a statement and just get it over with.

Silock
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM

DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

Silock
10-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Live stream for US game:

http://www.atdhe.net/9796/watch-honduras-vs-usa

big nasty kcnut
10-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Go usa
Posted via Mobile Device

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 07:30 PM

FYI, with el salvador losing, Honduras, Costa Rica and US have qualified to at least play the playoff to get into the WC...

Congrats!

Silock
10-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll be the first to admit I don't want to play a CONMEBOL team for a playoff. Yipes.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Live stream for US game:

http://www.atdhe.net/9796/watch-honduras-vs-usa

not working for me

Silock
10-10-2009, 07:40 PM
not working for me

It doesn't start for 20 minutes.

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll be the first to admit I don't want to play a CONMEBOL team for a playoff. Yipes.

Its either Argentina, Uruguay or Ecuador...

Argentina vs Uruguay on Wed in Uruguay to see who qualifies directly... Ecuador plays Chile in Chile...

DJJasonp
10-10-2009, 07:58 PM
watching it live on justin tv....just search USA vs Honduras....several feeds.

Silock
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.justin.tv/ktrachoforever

Silock
10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
The first link I posted has English commentary, BTW.

Kind of.

http://atdhe.net/9796/watch-honduras-vs-usa

CHENZ A!
10-10-2009, 08:07 PM
The first link I posted has English commentary, BTW.

Kind of.

Thanks! and... this announcer? he sounds like the boom goes the dynamite guy.

DJJasonp
10-10-2009, 08:08 PM
here's another: http://www.justin.tv/hatecore86

CHENZ A!
10-10-2009, 08:15 PM
here's another: http://www.justin.tv/hatecore86

this is working much better so far.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Too many crosses across the box..... need to shore up the backline

Silock
10-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Switched its stream.

CHENZ A!
10-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Howard is so good

Great Expectations
10-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Switched its stream.

Much better stream, even though they are getting it from Justin.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 08:36 PM
OH Crap You have to put that in................... Great first save by the keeper though.

CHENZ A!
10-10-2009, 08:36 PM
fuck!!

DJJasonp
10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
DAVIES!!!!!!!! You've got to finish that opportunity!

CHENZ A!
10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
LMAO the announcer just said "headed away by ANAYEWI"

Stinger
10-10-2009, 08:47 PM
2 saves by Howard = HUGE

Silock
10-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Connor Casey is the worst forward in the history of forwards.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 08:52 PM
What a ****ty ****ty half.

DJJasonp
10-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Lost my feed (copyright violation)......damn...back to spanish announcers!

Silock
10-10-2009, 08:58 PM
http://atdhe.net/9796/watch-honduras-vs-usa.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Well that is a sucky way to start the 2nd half 1- nil Hondurass

DJJasonp
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
BS foul results in a honduras goal.

all FIFA refs hate us.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 09:12 PM
total BS!

Stinger
BS foul results in a honduras goal.

all FIFA refs hate us.

BS or not Honduras has been in the US box all game an missed several chances earlier .......... US playing not to lose and it shows

Silock
So much for a statement game.

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:13 PM
US playing Herm ball.

the Talking Can
10-10-2009, 09:16 PM
feed here
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/alioriyadho666

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
CONNOR CASEY SUCKS ASS AND IT WORKS! HE SANDBAGGED HONDURAS!!

Friendo
10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
haha--even a blind squirrel...

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:20 PM
CONNOR CASEY SUCKS ASS AND IT WORKS! HE SANDBAGGED HONDURAS!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO PBJ PBJ

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:28 PM
ANother clutch save by Howard

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
WTF?!?!? He's sandbagging!!!!

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Casey with another goal......... HOLY **** LMAO LMAO LMAO

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Casey with another goal......... HOLY **** LMAO LMAO LMAO

USA 2 - 1 over Honduras

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:33 PM
What really sucks about this is now Bradley will include Casey in the roster for the WC.

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:35 PM
DONOVAN GOLAZZO!

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Close, but he was off.

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:42 PM
WOW. Clusterfuck.

the Talking Can
10-10-2009, 09:43 PM
coner casey with 2 goals

hilarious....

and honduras scores...jesus we look like clowns on defense

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh Crap!!!!!!!!! PK

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
This is recockulous.

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Karma FTW

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:50 PM
HE MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEAR TEH HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Ugh.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Whew ..........Man our back line has sucked tonight

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow, wtf was that miss?

Stinger
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
WORLD CUP BOUND!!!!!!!!!!! PBJ PBJ

Silock
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
GAME!! WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD CUP, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!

HerculesRockefell
10-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Still can figure out which miss was worse, the PK or the unmarked header from maybe 4 yds out a couple minutes later.

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
congrats...

Silock
10-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Still can figure out which miss was worse, the PK or the unmarked header from maybe 4 yds out a couple minutes later.

He was offside on the unmarked header by about a yard.

Silock
10-10-2009, 10:14 PM
congrats...

Thanks. Good luck to you!

carlos3652
10-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks. Good luck to you!

im already counting down the days... wed will be epic vs Uruguay (it will have the feel of a rematch of the first World Cup final in 1930, also in Montevideo...)

win we are in direct,

tie - we need ecuador to not win by 5 goals and we are in direct, if they win by 5 or more we play CR or Honduras in the playoff....

lose, and we need ecuador to tie or lose to play the playoff...

At least we have destin in our hands... it just sucks it comes down to the last game...

Wa-Z
10-10-2009, 11:21 PM
if argentina qualifies they should can maradona before the world cup

carlos3652
10-11-2009, 07:55 AM
if argentina qualifies they should can maradona before the world cup

I agree but it wont happen...

I think yesterdays lineup was the best yet, although, they need to tweak it for the better...

Spicy McHaggis
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Another heart attack game. Absolute thriller of a second half, really glad we were on the right end of it. The feed of the game was absolutely atrocious. They sent one guy who seemed to be on a trampoline with a camcorder from 1987 to cover this game. So **** Honduras for that.

My Quickhits:

First off, Honduras is no slouch of a team. They've really got some decent talent now and I think have officially passed Costa Rica as the 3rd best time in Concacaf for the time being. They were very effective playing balls over the top in the first half, something that is concerning for a US defense that isn't predicated on speed. Cherundolo would have been a better choice at RB than Spector for this game.

Connor Casey scores a brace. It won the game for us, but means we'll have to see his ass walking up top in SA. Hopefully Altidore gets more time at Hull so Bob doesn't have the fitness excuse to keep him on the bench. Might not happen though, with Brown fighting to keep his job and playing the strikers that he feels safer with.

When the US played for possession and looked to exploit holes, the game opened up for them. The lay back on D and then counter attack isn't going to work against quality opponents. The first half was just that, we looked like a team playing for a draw.

Donovan was nails. The set up to Casey was gorgeous as was his free kick. Holden did fairly well as Dempsey's replacement. He looked a bit tentative to me at first, but seemed to loosen up as the match progressed. The kid can certainly serve up some beautiful crosses.

Bottom line is we're going to South Africa. And that my friends, is an awesome feeling. Now I can watch the Costa Rica game Wed without pulling my hair out. I'm sure it will be nice for a change.

the Talking Can
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM

US forward Davies hurt in car accident

By JOSEPH WHITE (AP) – 28 minutes ago

ARLINGTON, Va. — U.S. national team forward Charlie Davies was injured in a one-car accident in which another person was killed early Tuesday in the Washington, D.C., area.

Davies was expected to undergo more than five hours of surgery. U.S. Soccer Federation spokesman Neil Buethe said Davies' injuries were not life-threatening. He initially said the injuries were "possibly" career-threatening but later clarified the remark.

"At this point, we just don't know the extent of the injuries, so we can't comment on how this affects Charlie's future," Buethe said.

Coach Bob Bradley informed the team of the accident just before lunch.

"Obviously, as a team we were saddened to learn this news," Bradley said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Charlie and his family, as well as the other person in the car and the families of the others involved. ... We are relying on each other in a moment that has for sure hit us all hard."

U.S. Park Police Sgt. David Schlosser said the accident took place at about 3:15 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes of the George Washington Memorial Parkway in Virginia. Schlosser identified the fatality as Ashley J. Roberta, 22, of Phoenix, Md.

Schlosser said there were three people in the car, and that Roberta was not the driver. Davies and the other person in the car were taken to Washington Hospital Center Medstar, one by land and one by helicopter. Schlosser did not say who was driving the car, and the cause of the accident remained under investigation.

The U.S. team was in Washington area to prepare for Wednesday night's World Cup qualifying game against Costa Rica.

The 23-year-old Davies has four goals in 17 international appearances. He started and played 78 minutes in the Americans' 3-2 victory over Honduras on Saturday that clinched a berth in their sixth straight World Cup. He made his first U.S. appearance on June 2, 2007, as a substitute against China.

Born in Manchester, N.H., Davies played for Boston College before turning pro in 2006. He was a member of last year's American Olympic team and currently plays for the French club Sochaux. Davies' parents were in route to Washington on Tuesday, USSF spokesman Michael Kammarman said.

The U.S. team had an optional breakfast at its hotel Tuesday, and officials were informed of the accident around 11 a.m., just as Davies' surgery was about to begin.

Davies' teammates were not made available for comment, but many in the U.S. soccer community expressed somber thoughts via Twitter.

"Just got some terrible news about my boy. :( :( :( I'm done tweeting for the day, too much stuff runnin through my head," tweeted midfielder Maurice Edu, who has played for the U.S. team but is not on the roster for the game in Washington.

"OMG please pray for Charlie Davies and the people involved in the car accident in dc," was the message from Freddy Adu, also a member of the national team's player pool.

"Obviously, the players are saddened by the situation and, obviously, hope the surgery goes well for Charlie and that he has a quick recovery," Buethe said.

Associated Press Writer Sarah Karush in Washington and AP Sports Writer Rob Harris in London contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2009 The

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hXg9GmtvAAT_E0p9LryKwtQFlYLQD9BAF5HG3

WoodDraw
10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow, that's awful. Apparently he's out of surgery now, so here's to a quick and full recovery.

Silock
10-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Damn :(

WoodDraw
10-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Pictures of the wreck:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/One-Dead-Road-Blocked-in-GW-Parkway-Accident-64073357.html

stlchiefs
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I've read elsewhere that Davies was not the driver either. Those pics look terrible.

Silock
10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Grant Wahl: USSF doc: Davies' injuries usually require 6-12 months recovery & long rehab. Due to CD fitness, chance to play hi level again improved.

Ultra Peanut
10-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Oh my god. That is so fucking horrible on so many levels.

CHENZ A!
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM
How anyone made it out of that wreck is a miracle.

Quick question, does the outcome of tonights game mean anything as far as seeding or what group we'll get in South Africa? I know we want to play well and continue to develop chemistry, but does the game really mean anything now?
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Expectations
10-14-2009, 08:53 AM
If we win we should secure the top seed out of Concacaf, of course we should have been the top seed in '06 and Mexico received it.

loochy
10-14-2009, 08:59 AM
If we win, we will be tops out of concacaf, but we have almost NO chance of getting one of the seeded spots at the world cup, which means whatever group we get in will probably be another one of those "groups of death." The seedings are chosen by competitive successes over the last 12 years or something like that, so our previous world cup failures make it super tough for us. I may be wrong on the particulars of the seedings, but I know for sure we won't get one. Our group will have a seeded team, us, another good to mediocre team, and probably some sort of minnow. Hopefully we can somehow end up in South Africa's group.

*EDIT* Here is a site that has the WC seedings as of today. I think it's safe to say that we will NOT get a seeded spot in the WC next year. We will have to make it out of our group the hard way. Like I said before, pray that we are able to get in South Africa's group.

http://www.football-rankings.info/2009/10/2010-world-cup-seeding-formula-based-on.html (World Cup Seedings as of October 12, 2009)

The Charlie Davies thing sucks so much balls. HE is a young man that was tearing it up after a move up to the French league and possibly setting himself up for a move up to an even bigger league next summer. If you've ever listened to his youtube videos he is really energetic and funny. He had the world by the balls. I really hope he can recover from this and pick his career back up.

vailpass
10-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Does this mean the US won't win the world tennis title?

loochy
10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Does this mean the US won't win the world tennis title?

Yes.

vailpass
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Yes.

Damn. I hear the cup is something nice to win.

Spicy McHaggis
10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
How anyone made it out of that wreck is a miracle.

Quick question, does the outcome of tonights game mean anything as far as seeding or what group we'll get in South Africa? I know we want to play well and continue to develop chemistry, but does the game really mean anything now?
Posted via Mobile Device

The US has a .00001% chance of being seeded right now. If we win tonight it moves up to .00002%.

So no, I don't think the game tonight "means" anything in that manner of thinking. But as you mentioned, continuing to play well in the last non-friendly certainly helps to build confidence, and a positive result in the face of the Davies incident could mean quite a bit to this squad.

I for one, will be doing the stanky leg tonight at the bar tonight during the game to send some positive vibes Charlie's way.

Silock
10-14-2009, 12:26 PM
We're not getting seeded.

WoodDraw
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
We're not getting seeded.

This.

Still want to finish on top, though. That way I still get to bitch about CONCACAF. :D

Silock
10-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Congrats to Argentina

WoodDraw
10-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Fucking christ. That was embarrassing defense. Poor Howard. Let's go guys...

carlos3652
10-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Whoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo! Thx for the congrats... Man that was a bad game.... We were playing for the 0-0 from the get go... Chile gave us a solid win vs ecuador...

Sucks about davies, not sure what he was doing with 3 other chicks a 3 am in the morning a day away from the game... But regardless, I'm glad he survived... Miracles do happen... Hopefully he has a swift recovery.

WoodDraw
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM
We should have like 7 goals. I hate this game.

Silock
10-14-2009, 06:58 PM
How many wide open chances can we miss in 1 game?

Answer: A lot.