PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Wanna be Harley's???

Over-Head
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok, we all love a Hog (most of us), but we sure don't love that price tag.
Or perhaps your new to riding, but sure would love a slick bike.
Maybe this could be right up your ally.

Saw one today, even took it for a short spin (thanks Tony!!! the owner), couldn't believe the performance from this "little" big bike, although I was only on it for 15-20 mins.

And seing as I'll be in the market for a bike next year as a "toy" I'll only get to ride 3-4 hours a month anyway, this could be a posibility for me.
(There's even 2 dealers here in Alantic Canada.)
Also too the fact I haven't ridden in almost 20 years (no more than a scattered test ride/spin now and then) either, is a mighty conviencing argument for me as well.

While this bike certianly ain't for everyone, perhaps it's right up the ally for someone who's on a budget, but still wan't a "cool bike"

Either way they beat a Honda Rebel all to peices, at a lower price, and IMO look twice as good for an entry level bike, who could ask for more?

http://johnnypag.com

Scorp
06-15-2009, 03:32 PM
The poor man's OCC. Interesting. I wonder if Fingerhut will be selling these? ROFL

Brock
06-15-2009, 03:35 PM
This is a new Honda production bike.

http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/honda-fury-600-2-0109.jpg

KC native
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Harley's hurting. Their prices have been on the slide for the last two years. Give it a little while longer and you'll be able to get a great deal on a prior year model sitting on a lot somewhere.

KC native
06-15-2009, 03:38 PM

link? what's the model name? I want to check the specs on it.

kcfanXIII
06-15-2009, 03:40 PM
while it is sweet looking, i can not figure out why someone would buy a new bike for their first bike. i rode my nighthawk for 6 months then was ready to upgrade. i bought my cb250 for 1000 bucks, then sold it for 1200 when i was ready to upgrade. another "poor man's harley" i would recommend is the boulevard from suzuki. i actually like some of the designs better than the HD's.

Brock
06-15-2009, 03:40 PM
link? what's the model name? I want to check the specs on it.

It's called the Fury.

wild1
06-15-2009, 03:43 PM

nice.

can't go wrong with a honda motor

KC native
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
It's called the Fury.

Thanks, not a bad looking bike. I wish I had the money for a bike. I want a raven R6 like a mofo.

kcfanXIII
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Harley's hurting. Their prices have been on the slide for the last two years. Give it a little while longer and you'll be able to get a great deal on a prior year model sitting on a lot somewhere.

you still won't be able to touch anything more than a sportster for the price of the touring/cruising M109R.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Boulevard%20M109R/2009/M109R.aspx?category=cruiser

starts at under 14,000 brand new, and you can find used ones for less than that. here's a search of craigslist for "boulevard."

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=boulevard&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

BWillie
06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I would like to buy a moped to buzz around town with. Good gas mileage, and still a nice breeze. My dick must be larger than all of yours.

KC native
06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I would like to buy a moped to buzz around town with. Good gas mileage, and still a nice breeze. My dick must be larger than all of yours.

Better buy an air horn and a hammer to go with it too. A friend of mine had some bitch crash right into the back of his on the freeway two weeks ago (and this is a Honda one that can do 70 mph). Usually he didn't wear a helmet but that day he decided to put one on (I had told him he was retarded not to wear one).

I have no problem riding a moped but a) they're not loud enough (so no one hears you) and b) they don't have enough get up and go to avoid problems like what happened to my friend.

Radar Chief
06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I have no problem riding a moped but a) they're not loud enough (so no one hears you)

Sorry but “loud pipes” don’t “save lives”, all they do is annoy the people behind you. Particularly at interstate speeds, the people in front of you aren’t going to hear your bike.

wild1
06-15-2009, 04:05 PM
the loud pipes tripe is just an excuse for the "look at me" aspect

personally i hate when those people go down my street and I ride too. there's no need to have straight exhuast and wake everyone up in the morning when you go to work and come home at night.

KC native
06-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry but “loud pipes” don’t “save lives”, all they do is annoy the people behind you. Particularly at interstate speeds, the people in front of you aren’t going to hear your bike.

Loud and audible are two different things. A moped isn't audible to drivers. Most other bikes are (FTR I don't like obnoxious loud pipes). People in front of you aren't the ones you have to worry about bc you can see them. It's the dickholes next to you and behind you that are hard to avoid that need to hear that there is a motorcycle around.

googlegoogle
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
I like vintage bike styling. simple and good looking.

http://www.classiccar.com/garage/blog/uploads/1923_ace.jpg

http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0710/imgs/071016_vdmba.jpg

2bikemike
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM

Mopeds are like fat chicks, fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you riding one.

BWillie
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Better buy an air horn and a hammer to go with it too. A friend of mine had some bitch crash right into the back of his on the freeway two weeks ago (and this is a Honda one that can do 70 mph). Usually he didn't wear a helmet but that day he decided to put one on (I had told him he was retarded not to wear one).

I have no problem riding a moped but a) they're not loud enough (so no one hears you) and b) they don't have enough get up and go to avoid problems like what happened to my friend.

True, but I would just be buzzing around the city. Not going in zones over 45 mph. Even then, riding a motorcycle increases your chances of instant death exponentially.

Lzen
06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Mopeds are like fat chicks, fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you riding one.

ROFL

Lzen
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I like my Honda Shadow that I bought a couple months ago. But I wouldn't mind checking out these JP bikes. Those are dirt cheap for brand new bikes. Of course, I would be curious a to how long they last and how reliable are they.

wild1
06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I like my Honda Shadow that I bought a couple months ago. But I wouldn't mind checking out these JP bikes. Those are dirt cheap for brand new bikes. Of course, I would be curious a to how long they last and how reliable are they.

300cc for around $3500... instead of going with an unknown make, who knows if they will be around in a year... just get a honda rebel.

friend had a shadow sabre, really liked that ride. congrats

Scorp
06-15-2009, 04:56 PM

Are you kidding? You really don't know what the hell you are talking about. You can hear good sounding pipes two car lengths front and back doing 70 m.p.h. Yes, they do make people aware that you are there, especially old women that like to kill my friends.

Psyko Tek
06-15-2009, 05:51 PM

had this experience at
work

I just bought a 78 honda twinstar( was the same bike I learned on 30 years ago)
the biker chick said why don't you put something real between your leg

honey I got a big dick
hell my other car is a mini van
I got condfidence just no cash

Lzen
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
300cc for around $3500... instead of going with an unknown make, who knows if they will be around in a year... just get a honda rebel.

friend had a shadow sabre, really liked that ride. congrats

300cc? That's kinda small. I think my 750 is about as small as I want to go.