PDA

View Full Version : Economics 2 ways to lower health care bills.

googlegoogle
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
First ban doctor corruption efforts by drug companies. Another minor point are lawsuits. Make patients sign a waiver so they can't sue. If there is a horrific accident then there should be some fine paid without ridiculous jury settlements.

A. Allow students to become a surgical doctor in only 4 years of training.

b. Use public listed databases on average costs of surgery and hospital care.
this is for competition. Competition will create lower prices. There is strong competition for customers but they never reveal total costs right now.

petegz28
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
C. Get the FDA out of the fucking way

Brock
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Go get that knee replacement in India.

googlegoogle
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Go get that knee replacement in India.

Heard they are going to China.

tooge
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
First ban doctor corruption efforts by drug companies. Another minor point are lawsuits. Make patients sign a waiver so they can't sue. If there is a horrific accident then there should be some fine paid without ridiculous jury settlements.

A. Allow students to become a surgical doctor in only 4 years of training.

b. Use public listed databases on average costs of surgery and hospital care.
this is for competition. Competition will create lower prices. There is strong competition for customers but they never reveal total costs right now.

You ever had surgery? I'm just gonna guess that if, when you do, you will be glad your surgeon had 8 to 10 years post college surgical training in every aspect of physiology and the human body. You really want to lower the cost of health care? Be friggin healthy. Dont smoke, eat fruits and veggies, excercise, brush and floss your teeth. If everyone did as the medical field suggested, hospitals would be barren, and the cost would be one tenth of what it is.

googlegoogle
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
You ever had surgery? I'm just gonna guess that if, when you do, you will be glad your surgeon had 8 to 10 years post college surgical training in every aspect of physiology and the human body. You really want to lower the cost of health care? Be friggin healthy. Dont smoke, eat fruits and veggies, excercise, brush and floss your teeth. If everyone did as the medical field suggested, hospitals would be barren, and the cost would be one tenth of what it is. Have you ever had to call the police? Be lucky that they have had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever had to call a fireman? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever needed a computer programmers? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever needed a dentist? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. http://www.ehow.com/about_4623819_dentist-school.html If we had years and years of training for every job then this country would be beyond broke.

SNR
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Have you ever had to call the police? Be lucky that they have had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever had to call a fireman? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever needed a computer programmers? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. Have you ever needed a dentist? Be lucky that they had to go through 10 years of training! Oh wait. http://www.ehow.com/about_4623819_dentist-school.html If we had years and years of training for every job then this country would be beyond broke.Do you see the amazing doctors we have out there today? What if we go to those people and say, "you only need four years." What's going to happen to their research and skills?

You're a goddamn retard if you think physicians aren't a special career, if they can be trained like firefighters and the police. No offense to those two careers, but there's a little thing called a human life the physician is working with, and it involves a HELL of a lot more skill and training than running, jumping, climbing trees, and carrying people out of dangerous situations.

Have you even taken so much as an anatomy class to know what the fuck you're talking about?

googlegoogle
06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Do you see the amazing doctors we have out there today? What if we go to those people and say, "you only need four years." What's going to happen to their research and skills?

You're a goddamn retard if you think physicians aren't a special career, if they can be trained like firefighters and the police. No offense to those two careers, but there's a little thing called a human life the physician is working with, and it involves a HELL of a lot more skill and training than running, jumping, climbing trees, and carrying people out of dangerous situations.

Have you even taken so much as an anatomy class to know what the **** you're talking about? Police and Firefighters deal with life threatening ordeals daily. Do all doctors do life threatening surgery? No. Actually you are giving them special status to inflate and do price controls. That is real retardation. Then you complain about health care costs.

SNR
06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Police and Firefighters deal with life threatening ordeals daily. Do all doctors do life threatening surgery? No. Actually you are giving them special status to inflate and do price controls. That is real retardation. Then you complain about health care costs.Which job requires more training? Risking your life to save a family from a burning building or playing Liszt's b minor sonata on the piano?

SNR
06-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Why should I have to go to police academy at all if I want to work in law enforcement? I can drive a car, turn on a siren, and write tickets! It's that simple, right?

I mean, I can use a pair of surgical scissors and I can sew. I can read a manual if I need to operate a piece of high-tech equipment. Why should I go to medical school and do a follow-up residency for 8-10 years when I have all the potential skills I need to do the job right NOW? Huhhhh??????

googlegoogle
06-18-2009, 03:11 AM
Which job requires more training? Risking your life to save a family from a burning building or playing Liszt's b minor sonata on the piano?

It's called barrier to entry.

free market alternative.

http://healthpolicy.stanford.edu/news/wall_street_journal_oped_advocates_freemarket_solution_for_us_health_care_20040506/

JohnnyV13
06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Shits, its an interesting article which has a lot of good points.

The problem is that its ideologically driven. Consequently, it places all blame on government for "distorting" free market forces with respect to health care on insurance.

It ignores some fundamental reasons why free market forces work poorly with health care insurance. Basically, health insurance is an odd product that you obtain 30 years or so BEFORE you receive the bulk of the services. Thirty years down the road, when you REALLY discover exactly how good your coverage is, you have little ability to change to another product (BECAUSE YOU'RE NOW SICK AND UNINSURABLE!!!!!).

Not only do we have this very long "pre payment" before most services are rendered, the PRODUCT CAN SUBSTANTIALLY CHANGE BETWEEN THE TIME YOU PURCHASE IT AND WHEN CARE IS ACTUALLY DELIVERED!!!

These features have nothing to do with government interference and are inherent in the whole health insurance business model.