PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone find it hard to get excited over OTA/Training Camp reports?

KCtotheSB
06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Perhaps itís just me, but when I read a synopsis of a 2-minute drive or any particular play on the field, I donít really get excited. For example, if Matt Cassel throws an interception to Bernard Pollard on the final play of the 2 minute drill, do you get excited because the defense seems to be playing well or dejected because Cassel lobbed a pick in a crucial situation? Personally, itís tough to get a read on whatís solid info to pick up from OTA/Training Camp reports. How do you read into most reports (or do you even bother picking out info?)?

RustShack
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
He probably thought Pollard couldn't defend like everyone else.

Huffman83
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm curious at how hard the team is working and how things are looking. I'm also curious as to who showed up and who didn't!

wasi
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I get pretty excited to read the reports, not because I'm expecting some major scoop but because it's the Chiefs and it's been a long offseason after so many changes with the team. For the first time in my fairly long history as a Chiefs fan.. No more Carl!

Mr. Krab
06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
meh, we won't really know anything until we see them for ourselves in preseason. You can't rely on reports because they can be so bias for good or bad.

TRR
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I definitely look forward to the updates, but don't care what players look like in mini camp. As long as they are here and working, that's all I care about.

Players running around in shorts and helmets, learning a new offense and defense, are going to make some mistakes.

FAX
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
He probably thought Pollard couldn't defend like everyone else.

ROFL

Actually, I kind of like the camp reports, although I've learned not to put any stock in them.

It's just nice to hear some actual Chiefs news that doesn't involve drafting or trading somebody. Camp news is really a way to learn more about the coaching staff (if you read between the lines) than the players. And sometimes, there's a fight. That's always good.

FAX

CoMoChief
06-15-2009, 05:03 PM
It's June

LaChapelle
06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Excited? You have no idea how chaffed the members of chiefsplanet would be if Sanchez was the QB. No idea.

FAX
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Speaking of quarterbacks ... how many years do think Cassel could play for us - assuming he works out, of course? 10?

FAX

CoMoChief
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Speaking of quarterbacks ... how many years do think Cassel could play for us - assuming he works out, of course? 10?

FAX

I'm assuming we are going to wait for Nick Montana, so I'd say about 4-5 more years.

CoMoChief
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Personally I wanted to not trade for Cassell/Vrable and keep Thiggy as the starter. We could have used that 2nd rounder a great deal. esp when you're changing the way you're playing on one side of the ball.

I wouldnt have traded Tony G. The more weapons you have the better your offense will be. Period.

orange
06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Perhaps itís just me, but when I read a synopsis of a 2-minute drive or any particular play on the field, I donít really get excited. For example, if Matt Cassel throws an interception to Bernard Pollard on the final play of the 2 minute drill, do you get excited because the defense seems to be playing well or dejected because Cassel lobbed a pick in a crucial situation? Personally, itís tough to get a read on whatís solid info to pick up from OTA/Training Camp reports. How do you read into most reports (or do you even bother picking out info?)?

One thing about these practices - the offense should have a huge advantage. No sacks - no fear of sacks.

So when they can't produce, it's mainly because they're screwing up. The best the defense typically hopes for is moral victories.

Deberg_1990
06-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Ill tell you when i get excited. September

All this Summer/Pre season stuff means jack squat.

Mr. Krab
06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Excited? You have no idea how chaffed the members of chiefsplanet would be if Sanchez was the QB. No idea.
More chaffed then all the members that want to suck Sanchez's member are that he's not a Chief? I think not.

SNR
06-15-2009, 05:55 PM
More chaffed then all the members that want to suck Sanchez's member are that he's not a Chief? I think not.Auf Englisch, bitte.

BarrySPAMAID
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I like it all.

Halfcan
06-15-2009, 06:08 PM
This team is hard to get excited about-they havn't done shit as far as bringing in talent.

BarrySPAMAID
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
This team is hard to get excited about-they havn't done shit as far as bringing in talent.

Wow, this is what I'm saying. Let's see here....

Matt Cassel
Mike Vrabel
Mike Goff
Zach Thomas
Bobby Engram
Monty Beisel
Donald Wahington ( ya, I said it )

Ya, I see your point.....They havent done shit.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Last couple years i usually didnt read the OTA reports or anything like that. But this year i have been keeping up with them alot. I just excited about the Pioli/Haley regime.

DTLB58
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM

No, It's football, I'll take it.

Halfcan
06-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow, this is what I'm saying. Let's see here....

Matt Cassel
Mike Vrabel
Mike Goff
Zach Thomas
Bobby Engram
Monty Beisel
Donald Wahington ( ya, I said it )

Ya, I see your point.....They havent done shit.

You are excited about Monty comeing back??

Cassell could be a future Stud-but with noone to throw to and no protection-it might be a little tough. The rest of the bunch-scream CHEAP bargin basement prices.

BarrySPAMAID
06-15-2009, 06:27 PM
You are excited about Monty comeing back??

Cassell could be a future Stud-but with noone to throw to and no protection-it might be a little tough. The rest of the bunch-scream CHEAP bargin basement prices.

Damn right I am. We will have a STRONG special team unit this year. STRONG. And believe me, Cassel has a small FLATBED TRUCK full of receivers to throw too. PLENTY of Wide receivers. PLENTY.

Lets see Cheap bargin basement players like who?

Jamaal Charles? Jackie Battle? I view these two as secret weapons.

The tight end competiton will be thrilling!!

This offense can stay under the radar JUST like it's doing, I'm fine with that. The coming out party starts in Baltimore, and I'm not even talking about the defense.

Oh, and Cassel's protection will be fine. Write that down.

2bikemike
06-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I guess I am like many of you. I clamor for any news regarding the Chiefs. It is interesting to see the direction Haley is pushing them. This team needs some toughness crammed down their throats. But by the same token I don't put a whole lot of stock in how well they do their 2 minute drills and stuff like that.

FAX
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
It's good to see a Chiefs fan with enthusiasm. Very good. Most of the time it's just criticism and skepticism around these parts. Thanks, Mr. BarrysKOOLAID.

FAX

kcfanXIII
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Damn right I am. We will have a STRONG special team unit this year. STRONG. And believe me, Cassel has a small FLATBED TRUCK full of receivers to throw too. PLENTY of Wide receivers. PLENTY.

Lets see Cheap bargin basement players like who?

Jamaal Charles? Jackie Battle? I view these two as secret weapons.

The tight end competiton will be thrilling!!

This offense can stay under the radar JUST like it's doing, I'm fine with that. The coming out party starts in Baltimore, and I'm not even talking about the defense.

Oh, and Cassel's protection will be fine. Write that down.

god i hope your still around when this blows up in your face.

kstater
06-15-2009, 06:58 PM

FAX

He's 27 now? I'd be happy with 7. And don't expect more than 5.

BarrySPAMAID
06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
god i hope your still around when this blows up in your face.

I'm going nowhere. ANd it did last season, I'm still here. There is plenty of talent on this football team to win with. Plain and simple.

FAX
06-15-2009, 07:25 PM
He's 27 now? I'd be happy with 7. And don't expect more than 5.

Hmmm. In NFL years, that's not a lot. Especially the 5 part.

We really do need to draft a quarterback.

FAX