PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Lakers "fans" celebrate championship by rioting (PICS)

KCGridironBeast
06-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I guess this is how you're supposed to celebrate a championship...

Comforting to know that this happened about, oh, less than two miles from where I go to school.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47504125.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47506360.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47504103.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47504104.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47504124.jpg

Skip Towne
06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
The Lakers have a fine bunch of fans. They riot whether they win or lose. Hey, I got me a new TV.

luv
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
So I don't like the Lakers AND I think their fans are idiots?

luv
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
The Lakers have a fine bunch of fans. They riot whether they win or lose. Hey, I got me a new TV.

TV? Hell, check out my new kicks!

RJ
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I think we can safely say that nothing like that will ever happen in Kansas City.

CaliforniaChief
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Those aren't Lakers fans. Those are frustrated Raiders fans. Those of us who are Lakers fans know the difference.

KCGridironBeast
06-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I think we can safely say that nothing like that will ever happen in Kansas City.

Agreed...we'd have to win a playoff game first...

luv
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM

To the 'ship!

kaplin42
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Not condoning this type of behavior in the slightest. Infact I think all the participants are tards.

but its not like its just an LA thing. happens every year after a championship in what ever city wins the championship.

RJ
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Reaper16
06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
That sneaker store that got robbed in the first pic, Holy Grail, had some definite heat on their shelves. 90% of those looted kicks are going up on eBay, I guarantee it.

RJ
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
It's nice to see multi-racial looting for a change.

BCD
WTF? Low life pieces of shit.

88TG88
Comforting to know that this happened about, oh, less than two miles from where I go to school.

You got to school in Jefferson Park adn you're worried about looters.

BTW, is that the shoe store on Pico ? That place is a rip off.

DaneMcCloud
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Morons will be morons.

It's too bad that 100 morons tarnish the reputation of the 20 million other people that don't act like complete and utter criminals when the city's team wins a championship.

BCD
06-15-2009, 08:58 PM
It's nice to see multi-racial looting for a change.Affirmative Action

KCGridironBeast
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
It's nice to see multi-racial looting for a change.

I am now legally obligated to add this pic:

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-06/47514204.jpg

gta0012
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
When will people learn that bandanas only cover your mouth which is the least likely thing that would identify you to authorities.

I participated in the mini Philly riots after they won the world series. It is actually a shit load of fun minus the crowd mentality that leads people to start breaking shit.

RJ
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Affirmative Action

About damn time. I'm tired of seeing the black looter keeping the white looter down.

FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Reaper16
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Eh. Foamposite Pro is a stupid sneaker model. If he was jacking straight-up Foamposite One's then it'd be better.

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I didn't expect anything less. Way to keep up with the stereotypes!!!

stlchiefs
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Not condoning this type of behavior in the slightest. Infact I think all the participants are tards.

but its not like its just an LA thing. happens every year after a championship in what ever city wins the championship.

I don't think that's true at all. It happens in some places. I went downtown after the Cards won the WS a couple years back and partied all night. There was nothing like this at all nor do I recall seeing any reports of anything close to this.

I no you don't condone it, but you also can't simply brush it aside and say "it happens everywhere". It doesn't.

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Morons will be morons.

It's too bad that 100 morons tarnish the reputation of the 20 million other people that don't act like complete and utter criminals when the city's team wins a championship.

Yep,
I been a Lakers fan since about 1982 or so. I seen them win about what 7 or 8 championships in my lifetime. I am happy with that. Good feeling to have when your team can win like that.

You wont ever see me rioting like that, its low class and i have more respect for other people shit then that.

Anyways, Go Lakers, Championship number 15.

stlchiefs
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
You wont ever see me rioting like that, its low class and i have more respect for other people shit then that.

Seriously, this is their own town, their own people and as you can see in the pics, their own fans that they are disrespecting. :spock:

Sure-Oz
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
i would be pissed if that was my focus getting crushed

stlchiefs
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
i would be pissed if that was my focus getting crushed

Pissed because you drove a Focus or because your car was crushed?

Sure-Oz
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM

car, maybe they would be doing me a favor if i had a focus though

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2009, 09:43 PM

hey I drive a focus damnit :cuss: :)

FAX
06-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Ode To Laker Fans

By FAX

Oh, Laker fans, Laker fans, you have such class.
You make piles of bodies and sharp, broken glass.
You make lots of work for insurance appraisers,
And all of the guys who sell gas masks and tasers.

Who cares if folks die going home from the game?
The main thing is giving the cops a false name
So they'll never know it was your friends who shattered
An old lady's car windshield before you scattered

And ran up the street to burn down someone's house
And rape someone's girlfriend or daughter or spouse.
'Cause all that's important is that your team won,
Not who has been stabbed or been shot with a gun,

Or whose business will not be open in town
Because you stole what wasn't fully nailed down.
And, who cares if LA looks like Kazakhstan?
You've got Laker pride, you cool, Laker fans.

FAX

stlchiefs
06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
hey I drive a focus damnit :cuss: :)

Oh shit, more neg rep. :doh!:

Fruit Ninja
06-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Seriously, this is their own town, their own people and as you can see in the pics, their own fans that they are disrespecting. :spock:

Well i am a Lakers fan, i will always be a Lakers fan unless they move out of the City. It could happen. My L.A Rams left and thats why i moved to the Chiefs. Shit can happen. I no longer live in L.A, but i was born there. heh

stlchiefs
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Apparently the Police Chief refuses to take any responsibility for their inability to stop this:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_LAKERS_AFTERMATH?SITE=MOSTP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Bratton told KNX radio that the Police Department was adequately prepared with resources staged in different areas of the city.

"It's unfortunate that as we were dispersing those groups, making arrests, that a number of them for a period of time were able to commit the acts of vandalism, the looting ... until we were able to get sufficient resources," he said.

The chief said he was not satisfied with what occurred, but he said the blame should fall on the mob, not the department or the city.

.......................In 2000, a large crowd that watched the Lakers win the NBA title turned into a mob that torched police cars, a TV van and caused about $750,000 in property damage to businesses.

So it has happened before after a Laker's championship, they obviously weren't prepared enough, but he takes no blame? Obviously the people who rioted are responsible for the destruction they caused, but the cops are responsible for keeping this kind of thing from happening.

okiedokieokoye
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
It's hard enough trying to make it out here in L.A. without this insanity going on. They are cavemen. That's the bottom line. I hate juggernaut sports teams. This is the attitude they have... We can do whatever we want, when we want, because we are the best. Always have been. I will forever be a fan of Kansas City sports because it will never reach that arrogance. Ever. Proud to be from a small market team that allows me to root for the underdog week after week. The victory will be so much more deserving and rewarding and we sure as hell won't destroy the town we live in with celebration. Cavemen.

Guru
06-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I will never understand this type of fan mentality.

kepp
06-16-2009, 09:31 AM

Did he just grab a single shoe?

CoMoChief
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Did he just grab a single shoe?

I see 2 shoes :shrug:

TinyEvel
06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
ROFL, that white guy is straight up old-school bandit. In the next pic he jumps back on his horse and heads for the railroad gully.
Here's a pick of his buddy, who knocked over the first National bank...

Saulbadguy
06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I wish Lakers fans would come and destroy my car. I could use a new one.

FAX
06-16-2009, 10:39 AM
How does that work, exactly? I mean, if a rioting Laker fan destroys your car, does the insurance company pay for it?

I've submitted quite a number of insurance claims in my life, but I've never experienced riot damage.

FAX

Mile High Mania
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Every one of those people should have been tasered and sprayed with tear gas... dumbasses.

Would be great if someone as a PSA did a 30 second slot each night for a week during prime time news with slow rolling images of the faces. Maybe some of these guys will be caught, lose their jobs... I dunno.

Iowanian
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
It should be legal and encouraged for Shop owners to mow down looters with assault weapons.

Deberg_1990
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Ill never understand the mentality of :

"Awesome, my team just won the championship!! Now lets go tear some sh*t up!!"

I would guess most people with this mentality own very little or have few assets of note.

Pestilence
06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
It should be legal and encouraged for Shop owners to mow down looters with assault weapons.

This.

Swanman
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Every one of those people should have been tasered and sprayed with tear gas... dumbasses.

Would be great if someone as a PSA did a 30 second slot each night for a week during prime time news with slow rolling images of the faces. Maybe some of these guys will be caught, lose their jobs... I dunno.

Maybe a PSA of one of the looters being tasered for 30 seconds, that would be a start, and hilarious.

88TG88
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I would guess most people with this mentality own very little or have few assets of note.
Yup, these are fringe Lakers fans. They showed up at the stadium after the game was over just to tear shit up.

Katipan
06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Yup, these are fringe Lakers fans. They showed up at the stadium after the game was over just to tear shit up.

My parents celebrated by fucking in their million dollar hovel.

PhillyChiefFan
06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I fail to draw the comparison of winning a championship to stealing and burning shit

Katipan
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I fail to draw the comparison of winning a championship to stealing and burning shit

Apparently, they're both fun.

Sofa King
06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
are those Orlando fans in the second from bottom picture? if so, what the hell are they thinking? or are they lakers fans with some sort of negative Orlando slang type shirt on... and what the hell are they thinking?

why would they drive into a riot in ANY situation?:doh!:

Reaper16
06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
are those Orlando fans in the second from bottom picture? if so, what the hell are they thinking? or are they lakers fans with some sort of negative Orlando slang type shirt on... and what the hell are they thinking?

why would they drive into a riot in ANY situation?:doh!:

http://www.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/undefeated-orlando-sucks-tshirt.jpg

Dick Bull
06-16-2009, 01:56 PM

It's because you're a chiefs fan. You don't know what to do if the chiefs ever win a championship.

alpha_omega
06-16-2009, 01:59 PM
The LAPD should have seen this coming....from 100 miles away.

DJJasonp
06-16-2009, 02:04 PM

I live in So Cal and have been a laker fan since Magic's days.....and I gotta call BS on this....

A huge percentage of Laker fans in so-cal are dirtbags....much the same as with the Raiders....and that percentage is on the rise for the chargers too.

And for what it's worth....I rememeber celebrating the 85 world series championship....and going downtown for the parade.......dont remember a single looting taking place (of course, there probably wasnt jack to get jacked downtown back in those days....)

88TG88
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
I live in So Cal and have been a laker fan since Magic's days.....and I gotta call BS on this....

A huge percentage of Laker fans in so-cal are dirtbags....much the same as with the Raiders....and that percentage is on the rise for the chargers too.

And for what it's worth....I rememeber celebrating the 85 world series championship....and going downtown for the parade.......dont remember a single looting taking place (of course, there probably wasnt jack to get jacked downtown back in those days....)
If it was a home game this never would've happened. The kind of people who can spend 550 on a Lakers ticket aren't the kind of people who trash cop cars. These dudes were either hanging out outside the Staples center waiting to trash things or went in and paid 20 bucks to watch it on the jumbotron. Either way, there has been alot of Raider-fication of the Lakers recently. I'm all for police brutality in the case of Raider fans.

Pestilence
06-16-2009, 02:18 PM
If it was a home game this never would've happened. The kind of people who can spend 550 on a Lakers ticket aren't the kind of people who trash cop cars. These dudes were either hanging out outside the Staples center waiting to trash things or went in and paid 20 bucks to watch it on the jumbotron. Either way, there has been alot of Raider-fication of the Lakers recently. I'm all for police brutality in the case of Raider fans.

Yeah.....try living this close to the heart of the Raiders. I've lived here for 5 years...and I've only gone to 1 Chiefs/Raiders game. The one I went too....was the one where Page picked it off with like 30 seconds left in the endzone. I felt lucky that I didn't wear any of my Chiefs gear that day.