PDA

View Full Version : Misc Heathrow FL murder-suicide

modocsot
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
The other day after eating lunch at home, I stepped out of my house and could see a couple of helicopters hovering over the area where my office is. I only live 4 miles from the office, and the helicopters hovered over the same spot as I got closer to work. Turns out, there was a murder-suicide in a Heathrow home just a couple miles from where I work.

The mess-up part (besides unfortunately involving children), is that this couple was in debt up to their eyeballs, with bankruptcy proceedings since 2004, living in a house in a gated-community, a boat, cars, motorcycle, AND a maid that found them!

It would appear that - assuming you had the mental wherewithal to not do such an act to your family and/or yourself - living broke and bankrupt apparently ain't that bad!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-heathrow-murder-suicide-061609,0,4753194.story

rockymtnchief
06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
...that included $100,000 in credit-card debt.
That's insane!

Pestilence
06-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Dude....that's fucked. I wish people like that would just leave the kids and take themselves out of this world.

JuicesFlowing
06-17-2009, 01:40 PM
There's this documentary called Maxed Out about credit card debt, and this is situation is more common than you might think.

modocsot
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
There's this documentary called Maxed Out about credit card debt, and this is situation is more common than you might think.

Well, I also can't believe how they put up a good act with the neighbors and friends that they were doing perfectly fine.

Bankruptcy proceedings since 2004!... come on, surely they would've seen a repo truck driving the area. And how is it even possible to continue to live phat like that?!

JuicesFlowing
06-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, I also can't believe how they put up a good act with the neighbors and friends that they were doing perfectly fine.

Bankruptcy proceedings since 2004!... come on, surely they would've seen a repo truck driving the area. And how is it even possible to continue to live phat like that?!

I have no idea. I'm still amazed that pro athletes can burn through millions and go bankrupt ... talk about irresponsibility ...

manchambo
06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Dude....that's ****ed. I wish people like that would just leave the kids and take themselves out of this world.

Obviously that's not something I would ever do, but I can kind of understand the thinking that leads to taking the kids with you. In fact, my kids would be the main reason I wouldn't kill myself, because I feel absolutely obligated to take care of them. I can see how if you got a little crazy, just borderline delusional, you could rationalize that it would almost be irresponsible not to kill them too, because there would be no one to take care of them if you didn't, and that they would be better off anyway because the world is such a terrible.

chagrin
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
So sad, but so real - people living beyond their means in order to "look good" to people. Heathrow is a very fine area and most there live to excess; I feel so bad for the children.

chagrin
06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I mean really, going through bankruptcy and still spending like he's rich - it's terrible what he did, he wasn't a "perfect Father" and folks who spend wildly even when sinking, such a common issue nowadays - The search for material excess and greed.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM

It's available on netflix for instant viewing.

googlegoogle
06-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Crazy. How could you do that to those kids.

Chaunceythe3rd
06-17-2009, 11:49 PM
The other day after eating lunch at home, I stepped out of my house and could see a couple of helicopters hovering over the area where my office is. I only live 4 miles from the office, and the helicopters hovered over the same spot as I got closer to work. Turns out, there was a murder-suicide in a Heathrow home just a couple miles from where I work....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-heathrow-murder-suicide-061609,0,4753194.story

Perhaps it is your fault for eating lunch at home.