PDA

View Full Version : Football Stepanovich and Boss Bailey available...not that anybody cares

LaChapelle
06-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Falcons Dump Stepanovich
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2009, 3:39 p.m.
In the wake of signing center Jeremy Newberry, the Falcons have parted ways with another one of the centers on the roster.

Gone is Alex Stepanovich.

Stepanovich signed with the Falcons last year, after spending three years with the Cardinals and one with the Bengals.

He started 16 games as a rookie, and he hasn’t started more than nine in a season since then.

Stepanovich had been under contract through 2009, at a salary of $800,000.

The move makes Newberry the primary alternative to Todd McClure, who we’ve heard isn’t happy with his contract.

Broncos cut the injured Bailey.

Mr. Krab
06-17-2009, 02:34 PM
What happened to Stepanovich?

Frazod
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Heh. I'm sure Champ will be thrilled by the Donx whacking his little brother.

A little more hate and discontent added to the fire? Hell, why not? LMAO

LaChapelle
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Champ is demanding a trade!!!!!

Rooster
06-17-2009, 02:41 PM

ROFLROFL OMG how sweet would that be?

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Heh. I'm sure Champ will be thrilled by the Donx whacking his little brother.

A little more hate and discontent added to the fire? Hell, why not? LMAO

Boss hasn't been able to recover from microfracture surgery, and he's missed every OTA and minicamp. I'm sure his brother understands this one.

Frazod
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Boss hasn't been able to recover from microfracture surgery, and he's missed every OTA and minicamp. I'm sure his brother understands this one.

I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing for them to do; it probably was. I'm just saying there's probably no way Champ's not (at least a little) pissed off about it, whether he says so or not.

Mile High Mania
06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Enh, I doubt he's too concerned about... likely more bummed out that he's not playing with his brother, but it's a business and this is pretty standard.

Frazod
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Enh, I doubt he's too concerned about... likely more bummed out that he's not playing with his brother, but it's a business and this is pretty standard.

Well, God knows he's got enough other stuff to be concerned with. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 02:58 PM

Oh the beauty.

Quesadilla Joe
06-17-2009, 03:00 PM

How is Tony G and Brian Waters doing?

Mile High Mania
06-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Well, God knows he's got enough other stuff to be concerned with. :D

No doubt, he's talking to Dawkins and saying "Dude, like I knew this shit was gonna blow up".

Frazod
06-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Do you really want to compare that to losing your young franchise QB and your young top WR? Really? LMAO

Quesadilla Joe
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you really want to compare that to losing your young franchise QB and your young top WR? Really? LMAO
I understand, but it's not like your teams two best players didn't want out of KC because of your HC.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I understand, but it's not like your teams two best players didn't want out of KC because of your HC.

Tony wanted out long before we got a new head coach. But frankly, this is sweet for us Chiefs fans because we like dragging you down to our level. We've been teh suck for awhile now, and in the timespan of one offseason the Broncos have completely blown it up after 1 bad season. There'll probably be 5 more of them now.

Frazod
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM

Waters wants out because of Haley - that's fair enough. Gonzalez wanted out last year and probably the year before that - can't pin that on the new guy.

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2009, 03:15 PM
How is Tony G and Brian Waters doing?Yeah, thats the same...:spock:

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Good comparison Bronco fan.

The Chiefs got a 2nd rounder for Tony Gonzalez, who is 33 years old.

Brian Waters is likely going nowhere.

The Broncos traded Jay Cutler for Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and Kyle Orton. Pure fucking hilarity.

Now they are pushed into a corner with Marshall.

This has easily been hte worst offseason I can ever remember for any team.

milkman
06-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Waters wants out because of Haley - that's fair enough. Gonzalez wanted out last year and probably the year before that - can't pin that on the new guy.

And unlike Cutler, Tony was ready to play like the good little soldier.
And unlike Marshall, Waters showed up and worked at mandatory camp.

CoMoChief
06-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Tony G is a Falcon and Waters is still a Chief. What's your point? Other than trying to come back with some utter bullshit deflecting from the fact that your new HC just fucked over your team for years to come in just a couple months of work.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Good comparison Bronco fan.

The Chiefs got a 2nd rounder for Tony Gonzalez, who is 33 years old.

Brian Waters is likely going nowhere.

The Broncos traded Jay Cutler for Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and Kyle Orton. Pure ****ing hilarity.

Now they are pushed into a corner with Marshall.

This has easily been hte worst offseason I can ever remember for any team.

Smith wasn't gotten with a pick from the Cutler trade.

The Franchise
06-17-2009, 03:22 PM

He should have been...but your team is retarded.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Tony G is a Falcon and Waters is still a Chief. What's your point? Other than trying to come back with some utter bullshit deflecting from the fact that your new HC just ****ed over your team for years to come in just a couple months of work.

Cutler was crying from the moment Shanahan got axed, and Marshall's griping about his rookie contract and poor medical care. McDaniels is taking a lot of heat over things he walked into rather than over things of his doing.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
He should have been...but your team is retarded.

I'm not a Broncos fan, and I don't really have a problem with the Smith trade. It makes great fiscal sense, actually.

penguinz
Smith wasn't gotten with a pick from the Cutler trade.He should have been...but your team is retarded.Even if his team isn't retarded you can tell by the structure of his sentence that he may be.

CoMoChief

OMG........english please

The Franchise
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm not a Broncos fan, and I don't really have a problem with the Smith trade. It makes great fiscal sense, actually.

Your team is going to suck....if you're making trades based on money.

CoMoChief
06-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Cutler was crying from the moment Shanahan got axed, and Marshall's griping about his rookie contract and poor medical care. McDaniels is taking a lot of heat over things he walked into rather than over things of his doing.

Cutler started crying as soon as McDaniels publically stated that he wanted Cassell over him, and was one of the teams that was outraged at the deal Belichick made with Pioli.

Whether it was Cutler crying and being a giant baby, your HC was still responsible for it.

As far as Marshall, once he saw Cutler gone and Orton come in, you don't think he was a little pissed about that? He went from a good up n coming gun slingin' QB to a short armed suck ass QB. He probably knows this offense is on the brink of complete failure and probably doesn't want to be a part of it.

Why do you think he's asking for a contract extension at the worst possible time when all this legal shit is thick in the air on him? No one in their right mind would think that any team would give a contract ext given his off the field behavior. Marshall probably is in fact smarter than many of us thought. By demanding a trade and skipping workouts and talking to Bowlen, he wants to get out........its pretty clear if you ask me. Sure he wants to get paid, but I would bet he wants to leave DEN even more.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
OMG........english please

Feel free to use the word "obtained" if it makes you feel better.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Your team is going to suck....if you're making trades based on money.

Really? Tell that to Belichick.

The Franchise
06-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Who the fuck are you a fan of anyways....?

Frazod
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
And unlike Cutler, Tony was ready to play like the good little soldier.
And unlike Marshall, Waters showed up and worked at mandatory camp.

Excellent points. Our disgruntled players aren't fucking punks.

Micjones
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Both descending players at this point in their careers.
Yeah, they're as valuable as a franchise QB and one of the top young Receivers in the NFL.
:rolleyes:

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM

Tomato/tomatoe.

Do you think your genius front office is trading away their #1 next year for a weak corner if they don't have an extra to play with?

The fact you traded your own first rounder is even worse. That Bears first rounder will be significantly less value.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM

Now you're trying to sell the move as financial?

Hilarious.

Quesadilla Joe
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
The fact you traded your own first rounder is even worse. That Bears first rounder will be significantly less value.
Wow!

Not every team thinks that the season is over before it begins like Chiefs fans. What kind of a message would that send to the fans if McDaniels traded away the Bears pick because he thought Denver was going to suck?

LaChapelle
06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
It's not all bad they re-upped Wiegmann.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Now you're trying to sell the move as financial?

Hilarious.

It doesn't take a genius to realize the cap and salary implications of getting a player with a first round grade in the second round as opposed to drafting him in the first round. The Broncos claimed to have Smith graded as a first round player. So, they gave up a first round pick but will only pay him second round money.

As I said, it makes great fiscal sense.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow!

Not every team thinks that the season is over before it begins like Chiefs fans. What kind of a message would that send to the fans if McDaniels traded away the Bears pick because he thought Denver was going to suck?

How about it was a shitty trade regardless of what you gave up.

If you think the Broncos will be anything but shit then you are the biggest homer alive bar none.

And no, I don't think the Chiefs will be anything less than shit.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
It doesn't take a genius to realize the cap and salary implications of getting a player with a first round grade in the second round as opposed to drafting him in the first round. The Broncos claimed to have Smith graded as a first round player. So, they gave up a first round pick but will only pay him second round money.

As I said, it makes great fiscal sense.

And makes zero football sense.

The Broncos aren't starving for cap space. They have a major void at a lot of positions defensively. Trading away a future first rounder for a middle of the road CB prospect is fucking stupid anyway you slice it.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Tomato/tomatoe.

Do you think your genius front office is trading away their #1 next year for a weak corner if they don't have an extra to play with?

Again, I'm not a Broncos fan. However, your evaluation of Smith as a weak corner is not the same as the Broncos', obviously. As for the "value" of the pick, I love reading this argument. If the Chiefs are bad enough to be a top 7 pick in next year's draft, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth about overpaying for high draft picks. But, because it's the Broncos, suddenly it's the greatest thing in the world to have a high pick and they were stupid for trading it away.

It's all in the eye of the biased fan.

Quesadilla Joe
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
How about it was a shitty trade regardless of what you gave up.

If you think the Broncos will be anything but shit then you are the biggest homer alive bar none.

And no, I don't think the Chiefs will be anything less than shit.

"If he were 2 inches taller he would have been a top 10 pick"/Mike Mayock talking about Alphonso Smith.

Denver thought he was the best CB in the draft and if that pick winds up to be 10-20 it wasn't that bad of a trade.

Just Passin' By
06-17-2009, 07:00 PM
And makes zero football sense.

The Broncos aren't starving for cap space. They have a major void at a lot of positions defensively. Trading away a future first rounder for a middle of the road CB prospect is ****ing stupid anyway you slice it.

Great. Call the Patriots and the Eagles and tell them that it's time for you to take over because they don't know what the hell they're doing, since they've been giving up first round picks and drafting in lower rounds. Then call John Fox, too, and tell him that he's an idiot for giving up future first round picks for second round players.

Really, you should just call every team and tell them that you'll be selecting for all of them from now on.

Quesadilla Joe
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
It does make sense financially for Denver to do this. Having 4 first round picks in two years is a lot of guaranteed money to be throwing around.

The Bad Guy
06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
"If he were 2 inches taller he would have been a top 10 pick"/Mike Mayock talking about Alphonso Smith.

Denver thought he was the best CB in the draft and if that pick winds up to be 10-20 it wasn't that bad of a trade.

Hahah.

Your argument was "if he was 2 inches taller". Here is a newsflash, there is nothing he can ever do to be 2 inches taller.

This CB class also blew hard.

-King-
06-17-2009, 10:34 PM

If he were 2 inches shorter, he'd be undrafted.

...if that's the logic you're trying to use
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs=Champions
06-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Isn’t it ironic that a bronco fan comes here to troll when his team is having arguably the worst offseason in recent memory... DOH!

MadMax
06-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Tony wanted out long before we got a new head coach. But frankly, this is sweet for us Chiefs fans because we like dragging you down to our level. We've been teh suck for awhile now, and in the timespan of one offseason the Broncos have completely blown it up after 1 bad season. There'll probably be 5 more of them now.

Damn skippy and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Quesadilla Joe
06-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Hahah.

Your argument was "if he was 2 inches taller". Here is a newsflash, there is nothing he can ever do to be 2 inches taller.

This CB class also blew hard.

That is not my argument. That is Mike Mayock's argument. The same Mike Mayock that said Denver got 2 of the best 5 prospects in the draft when they drafted Knowshon and Ayers. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

In Mayocks top 5 DE's he had Ayers ranked ahead of Tyson Jackson and we got him 15 picks later.:)

"3 years from now I think he's going to be the best defensive player out of the entire draft" Mayock talking about Ayers.

Chiefs=Champions
06-18-2009, 07:14 AM
That is not my argument. That is Mike Mayock's argument. The same Mike Mayock that said Denver got 2 of the best 5 prospects in the draft when they drafted Knowshon and Ayers. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

In Mayocks top 5 DE's he had Ayers ranked ahead of Tyson Jackson and we got him 15 picks later.:)

"3 years from now I think he's going to be the best defensive player out of the entire draft" Mayock talking about Ayers.

Mike Mayock is god! Didnt he like Leaf more than Manning or something.....

Frankie
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Does Boss have ANY potential value?

I remember he was on my draft list, admittedly because he was Champ's bro more than any personal stats.

the Talking Can
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM
bronco homers are fucking hilarious

they're trading away a franchise QB and the best young WR in the league because their 9 yr old HC has a crush on KC's QB....and their defense is complete ass cheese from top to bottom just like the chiefs...

and bronco homers are pumped...."oh yeah, well, Waters is unhappy...a newspaper article once said that Kyle Orton has a great sense of humor, let me find it and quote it again as proof of...........something.....we won a superbowl once so that magically makes it all ok....."

Kerberos
06-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Mayock is a Gawdammed Moron and so is pretty much anyone that listens to his dumbass.

Quesadilla Joe
06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Mayock is a Gawdammed Moron and so is pretty much anyone that listens to his dumbass.

I guarantee you are the only person on this message board with that opinion.

Kerberos
06-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I guarantee you are the only person on this message board with that opinion.

I am?

Mike Mayock is god! Didnt he like Leaf more than Manning or something.....

Quesadilla Joe
06-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I am?

Mayock is one of the most respected draft guru's out there.

Iowanian
06-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow!

You sound like you have testicles in your mouth.

Sing the Bronco-Solja-boy song for us.

Kerberos
06-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Mayock is one of the most respected draft guru's out there.

Well that says it ALL for me as I don't respect ANY draft asswipes that profess to be a GURU.