PDA

View Full Version : News What is going to come next.

bkkcoh
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00573/cornock_573617a.jpg

Story Link (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6501720.ece)

The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.

----------------------------

How are they going to make ice-picks safe?

Katipan
06-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't people get stabbed with spoons and shoe laces in jail?

Buck
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
It may be Stab-Free, but its not Slash-Free.

FAX
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM

Good point. But, malicious peeps need a pretty thorough understanding of anatomy, or prior military training, or have watched a whole lot of B-flicks in order to efficiently slash a victim peep to death, Mr. BuckinKaeding. Stabbing a victim peep is tons easier since all the malicious peep has to do is plunge the blade into the victim peep and the malicious peep is likely to hit something important. Slashing, on the other hand, tends to yield only superficial damage allowing the victim peep to either retaliate or escape. Plus, slashing causes a lot of blood spatter - much of which the malicious peep cannot avoid. Being covered with the victim peep's blood is considered incriminating by most law enforcement officials and jurors. That's why the vast majority of malicious peeps prefer stabbing by a 3 to 1 margin over slashing.

FAX

Dicky McElephant
06-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Good point. But, malicious peeps need a pretty thorough understanding of anatomy, or prior military training, or have watched a whole lot of B-flicks in order to efficiently slash a victim peep to death, Mr. BuckinKaeding. Stabbing a victim peep is tons easier since all the malicious peep has to do is plunge the blade into the victim peep and the malicious peep is likely to hit something important. Slashing, on the other hand, tends to yield only superficial damage allowing the victim peep to either retaliate or escape. Plus, slashing causes a lot of blood spatter - much of which the malicious peep cannot avoid. Being covered with the victim peep's blood is considered incriminating by most law enforcement officials and jurors. That's why the vast majority of malicious peeps prefer stabbing by a 3 to 1 margin over slashing.

FAX

What about slashing the neck? That only takes one or two slashes and completes the job.

FAX
06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Neck slashing is highly overrated, Mr. Pestilence. To be effective, the malicious peep must either strike an artery or cut a tendon. The only efficient way to neck slash a victim peep is from behind - which requires stealth. Normally, a malicious peep isn't that smart and will typically attack the victim peep from the front instead. This provides the victim peep with sufficient warning to enter into a defensive position and the malicious peep winds up merely slashing a forearm or hand. Although painful to the victim peep, such wounds are not fatal and the victim peep can escape or kick the malicious peep in the nads allowing the victim peep to then disarm the malicious peep and stomp the malicious peep's eyeballs clean out of their sockets.

FAX

bdeg
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM
definitely still a deadly weapon

Stabbing a victim peep is tons easier since all the malicious peep has to do is plunge the blade into the victim peep and the malicious peep is likely to hit something important.

FAX

we had a party we threw a couple years ago get out of control and a friend of a friend took 6 stab wounds and lived to tell the tale.

can't believe i found the link (http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/10837391.html)
no that's not still my address, and no i'm not a thug

mikey23545
06-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I can't wait till we're all ordered to use those rounded kindergarten scissors or else....

keg in kc
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Fuck that. I like to stab my food and eat it off the knife.

blaise
06-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I think Britain should master the working toothbrush first.

Chaunceythe3rd
06-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Neck slashing is highly overrated, Mr. Pestilence. To be effective, the malicious peep must either strike an artery or cut a tendon. The only efficient way to neck slash a victim peep is from behind - which requires stealth. Normally, a malicious peep isn't that smart and will typically attack the victim peep from the front instead. This provides the victim peep with sufficient warning to enter into a defensive position and the malicious peep winds up merely slashing a forearm or hand. Although painful to the victim peep, such wounds are not fatal and the victim peep can escape or kick the malicious peep in the nads allowing the victim peep to then disarm the malicious peep and stomp the malicious peep's eyeballs clean out of their sockets.

FAX

Or slash the trachea. Kinda hard to survive if you can't breathe.

pr_capone
06-18-2009, 01:05 AM
One could also hack (like a butcher) at the neck and damn near ensure that you are going to inflict massive amounts of damage.

JOhn
06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Or slash the trachea. Kinda hard to survive if you can't breathe.

Very difficult to do.... Nothing like what you see in movies.
Trachea consists of a lot of cartilage rings, and you have to hit it precisly in between the rings.

stumppy
06-18-2009, 01:27 AM

The problem I see with the whole stabbing vs slashing controversy starts with the 'malicious peep'. (Too quote Fax)
Whether I'm comfronted by a stabbing or slashing malicious peep it doesn't matter. The malicious peep would find out all too late he had brought a knife to a gun fight.

KCChiefsMan
06-18-2009, 01:34 AM
I smell a lawsuit coming with this one.
"I was chopping vegetables to make a salad, then this guy broke into my apartment and I tried to stab him in the neck, but it just made him more angry because it didn't puncture his jugular and kill him like a normal knife would have. So, he raped me and stole my undergarments and left. If I wasn't using that knife and had a ginsu instead, he would have bled to death instead of raping me"

Otter
06-18-2009, 01:45 AM
People really have to stop trying to prevent Darwin from doing his job.
<!-- / message --> <!-- / Jeff Removed Sig --> <!-- edit note -->

crazycoffey
06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
slashed wrists, inside the elbow and under the arm near the armpit, all can be fatal without medical treatment, neck artery isn't as easy a target as you'd think, and the trachea (as Jon pointed out) isn't an easy target either.

PhillyChiefFan
06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Hey that's a GREAT idea...

Or a killer could just grab one of the millions of knives that DO have a point and stab you.

Skip Towne
06-18-2009, 06:43 AM
I want a gun that shoots nerf bullets.

bevischief
06-18-2009, 08:19 AM
I smell a lawsuit coming with this one.
"I was chopping vegetables to make a salad, then this guy broke into my apartment and I tried to stab him in the neck, but it just made him more angry because it didn't puncture his jugular and kill him like a normal knife would have. So, he raped me and stole my undergarments and left. If I wasn't using that knife and had a ginsu instead, he would have bled to death instead of raping me"

ROFLROFL

seclark
06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
this guy might be able to do some damage w/them.

Buehler445
06-18-2009, 01:18 PM

FAX

Tactically it is best to slash anyway. You want to hold the knife with the edge parallel to the flat side of your fist (the part you hit with) and the proceed to fight like you were punching. Running up and trying to stab someone will get you dead.

The problem I see with the whole stabbing vs slashing controversy starts with the 'malicious peep'. (Too quote Fax)
Whether I'm comfronted by a stabbing or slashing malicious peep it doesn't matter. The malicious peep would find out all too late he had brought a knife to a gun fight.

Note to self. Don't fuck with Stumppy.

People really have to stop trying to prevent Darwin from doing his job.

Truth.

slashed wrists, inside the elbow and under the arm near the armpit, all can be fatal without medical treatment, neck artery isn't as easy a target as you'd think, and the trachea (as Jon pointed out) isn't an easy target either.

Addendum to note to self. Crazy Coffey too.

Halfcan
06-18-2009, 03:48 PM
An O J proof knife huh? Dumb idea.