Deberg_1990
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
28% Rotten Tomatoes rating.....OUCH.

"Year One makes Will Ferrell’s Land of the Lost look like a masterpiece." ROFL

Sounds like an epic bomb.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/year_one/

Priest31kc
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Geez, why dont movie people try anymore.

Sure-Oz
06-18-2009, 11:44 AM
this is disappointing to say the least, just about as hearing Terminator Salvation was shitty

JD10367
06-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Has there BEEN a decent comedy lately? And I'm talking, "in the past 10 or 20 years". It seems like you can name the half-decent comedies on one hand. The first "American Pie"? The first "Austin Powers" film? "There's Something About Mary"? Doesn't it seem like films were funnier and more original years ago? "Caddyshack", "Blazing Saddles", and all that stuff? I can't remember the last time I laughed in a movie theater...

Dicky McElephant
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Has there BEEN a decent comedy lately? And I'm talking, "in the past 10 or 20 years". It seems like you can name the half-decent comedies on one hand. The first "American Pie"? The first "Austin Powers" film? "There's Something About Mary"? Doesn't it seem like films were funnier and more original years ago? "Caddyshack", "Blazing Saddles", and all that stuff? I can't remember the last time I laughed in a movie theater...

Old School
Role Models
Wedding Crashers
Grandma's Boy
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore

Sure-Oz
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
i liked 40 yr old virgin, and sarah marshall

role models and i love you, man were pretty funny imo

Dicky McElephant
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
i liked 40 yr old virgin, and sarah marshall

role models and i love you, man were pretty funny imo

Forgot about 40 yr old virgin.....damn good movie.

Deberg_1990
06-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Has there BEEN a decent comedy lately? And I'm talking, "in the past 10 or 20 years".

The Hangover was just 2 weeks ago.

Bowser
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
There's no reason to see this movie. None. Unless Bruce Willis shows up and blows Jack Black's arm off with a .50 cal.

JD10367
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
The Hangover was just 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to see that one tomorrow, actually.... I did forget about some of the others mentioned, though. I dunno, I don't want to sound like one of thsoe old, "well in MY day..." types, but it just seems like we had more good comedies back then. Maybe it's just that we're running out of originality since just about everything's been done?

Baby Lee
06-18-2009, 01:40 PM

Ironically, you cite three movies from the bad times and two from the good old days, each of which I enjoyed approximately equally.

Probably of the 5, I laughed the most the first time I saw TSAM.

88TG88
06-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Anchorman was pretty classic.

Deberg_1990
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
10 to 20 years from now, someone will post this on CP:

Has there BEEN a decent comedy lately? And I'm talking, "in the past 10 or 20 years". It seems like you can name the half-decent comedies on one hand. The first "Hangover" ? The first "40 Year old Virgin? Doesn't it seem like films were funnier and more original years ago? " I can't remember the last time I laughed in a movie theater...

KCChiefsMan
06-18-2009, 02:45 PM
good comedies in the past 10-20 years?

Swingers - one of the best ever IMO
Friday
Old School

I'm sure there are more, but those 3 I thought were great.

88TG88
06-18-2009, 03:08 PM
good comedies in the past 10-20 years?

Swingers - one of the best ever IMO
Friday
Old School

I'm sure there are more, but those 3 I thought were great.

ohhhhh I forgot about Friday.

rep

Halfcan
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Hangover-best comedy in years! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

KevB
06-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Anchorman
Office Space
Christmas Vacation
Dumb and Dumber

Four of the better comedies of the last 20 years IMO. I find myself referencing quotes from the first three more often than any other movie.

The Rick
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Meet the Parents?

ChiefsFanatic
06-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Tropic Thunder

Priest31kc
06-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Anchorman
Dodgeball
Meet the Parents
Friday
Old School
Superbad
Pineapple Express
40 Year old Virgin
Knocked Up
Theres something about Mary
Wedding Crashers

Theres more too, IMO of course

Miles
06-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Whatever Works looks like it could be damn amusing.

JD10367
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Tropic Thunder

Yeah, I thought "Tropic" was fairly entertaining, although I'm not a big Ben Stiller fan a lot of the time. Downey was awesome as an Australian playing a black guy, LOL.

Saw "The Hangover" today, it was pretty good but probably would've been a lot more enjoyable if there weren't 4 people in the whole theater. Hard to really get into a comedy when no one else is around or laughing.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I thought "Tropic" was fairly entertaining, although I'm not a big Ben Stiller fan a lot of the time. Downey was awesome as an Australian playing a black guy, LOL.

Saw "The Hangover" today, it was pretty good but probably would've been a lot more enjoyable if there weren't 4 people in the whole theater. Hard to really get into a comedy when no one else is around or laughing.

Drag.

I went last Friday night. Sold out crowd at Arclight theaters in Hollywood. Me and four buddies met for drinks and food before the flick (two full restaurants and bars in the theater).

Suffice to say, my experience was slightly better than yours.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it much more the next time you see it. And there's a sequel already in the works.

the Talking Can
06-19-2009, 06:00 PM

South Park the movie is brilliant

Sure-Oz
06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Holy shit, it's at 20%

Pablo
06-20-2009, 04:05 PM
South Park the movie is brilliantI agree with this.

irishjayhawk
06-20-2009, 04:07 PM

I think everyone else properly eviscerated this comment but to answer your question: yes, there have been. Numerous ones.