PDA

View Full Version : Life Going to Memphis-Some questions regarding hotels!

Huffman83
06-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Next month the wife and I are taking a road trip to Memphis for my birthday. In order for me to have dirty hotel sex, I need to get a hotel.

What I'm wanting to know is, is it better (cheaper.) to use the hotel search websites like hotwire or priceline closer to the date you're going to go to a city. Or to just go ahead and book it now?

Also any sites you guys recommend?

Any help would be appreciated!

Buck
06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Does your wife do anal?

Huffman83
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
No but I know your wife does.

Buck
06-18-2009, 04:57 PM
OOOH Burn.

Sorry I can't really help you.

I would know a lot more about travel websites but I haven't got time to look at them because my wife has a really bad case of Anal Herpes for some reason...

Huffman83
06-18-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a gift that keeps on giving...I'm just the guy paying it forward.

runnercyclist
06-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I dont know about hotels but if you want the BEST fried chicken you've ever had hit up Gus's done near the pyramid. Out of this world. Dont let the ambiance scare you away. It is worth it!

Huffman83
06-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I dont know about hotels but if you want the BEST fried chicken you've ever had hit up Gus's done near the pyramid. Out of this world. Dont let the ambiance scare you away. It is worth it!

If by ambiance you mean black people..it's cool...I'm down! But thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

runnercyclist
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
If by ambiance you mean black people..it's cool...I'm down! But thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

LOL. That too. That's NOT what I meant. It is a little hole in the wall place with a beat up old screen door, unmatched tables and chairs and a decorating budget that is non existant. But the fried chicken is FABULOUS! Makes me want to go to Memphis!

BigOlChiefsfan
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
The Peabody hotel is very good - famous for having some semi-wild ducks that live on the roof, come down a few times daily in the elevator and swim around in the foyer fountain. I'm serious. It's spendy, and I couldn't afford to stay there - but I did take the ex there for breakfast a time or two.

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 02:51 PM
I got the Peabody for 130 a night. That's at least worth ass to mouth w/ the wife right?

Rain Man
06-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, I do believe that's her going rate.

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, I do believe that's her going rate.

Heyoo!!!

Rain Man
06-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll be here all week.

I'd offer more help, but I've already told you everything I know about Memphis.

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Fritz88
06-26-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.bookingbuddy.com/hotel.php

luv
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
$130 per night at the Peabody? I'd be all over that.

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
$130 per night at the Peabody? I'd be all over that.

I got lucky. Hotwire had a 4 star hotel for $130 in downtown Memphis. And being that was the average price of the 2 1/2 and 3 star hotels I went for it not knowing it was going to be the Peabody. I didn't find out until after the transaction was made.

Memphis shall be laid to waste!!!

Buck
06-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Nice...

She'll give it up 4 sho!

the Talking Can
06-26-2009, 05:01 PM
I got the Peabody for 130 a night. That's at least worth ass to mouth w/ the wife right?

nicest, and oldest, hotel in memphis...beautiful lobby that you'll want to relax and have a cocktail in....plus they march ducks from the lobby fountain to the roof each night at 5....

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
and 11 am!

Halfcan
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM
The Peabody hotel is very good - famous for having some semi-wild ducks that live on the roof, come down a few times daily in the elevator and swim around in the foyer fountain. I'm serious. It's spendy, and I couldn't afford to stay there - but I did take the ex there for breakfast a time or two.

yep cool place

Check out the Pink Mansion-formally owned by the Piggly Wigggley founder-it is badass

Oh and the Gibson Guitar factory is a must.

Huffman83
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'm all about going to the Gibson custom shop factory. Everything we're going to is music oriented. The wife has never been to Memphis so we're going to Graceland and Sun studios as well.

But also going to watch white people fuck up the blues on Beale St.

Gonzo
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Get with Fax. I believe he's from the area. iirc
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenny Gump
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Next month the wife and I are taking a road trip to Memphis for my birthday. In order for me to have dirty hotel sex, I need to get a hotel.

What I'm wanting to know is, is it better (cheaper.) to use the hotel search websites like hotwire or priceline closer to the date you're going to go to a city. Or to just go ahead and book it now?

Also any sites you guys recommend?

Any help would be appreciated!

Motel 6 if YOU want to have dirty hotel sex. The Peabody if you want your wife to join in. The flying saucer is also a must visit.

Jenny Gump
06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Just saw this post. Yeah, she's definitely going to ask for it in her dirty spot. Good job.

I got lucky. Hotwire had a 4 star hotel for $130 in downtown Memphis. And being that was the average price of the 2 1/2 and 3 star hotels I went for it not knowing it was going to be the Peabody. I didn't find out until after the transaction was made.

Memphis shall be laid to waste!!!

sedated
06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
why not reserve it now and keep checking as you get closer to your trip?

IME, you have until the day of to cancel your reservation. (correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the case in the only hotel I've ever booked)

KevB
06-26-2009, 09:07 PM
If you like baseball, they have a really nice downtown stadium (AutoZone Park) where the Cardinal AAA team plays. It's between the Peabody and Beale. The Rendezvous BBQ restaurant is directly across from the Peabody in an alley and down a couple of flight of stairs. Awesome place to get some ribs. I grew up there, and go back to see family once or twice a year. It's a different place than KC, that's for sure.

Huffman83
06-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah Rendezvous is a place that keeps getting mentioned to me. I really want to check that out.

I feel kind of bad for my wife though. Besides dealing w/ me on a daily basis, she's a vegetarian (by default due to beef allergy.) And she said she wanted to go to Memphis. I'm not entirely sure if she's aware that she's going to miss out when it comes to food.

Any good seafood places though?

Rausch
06-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Just saw this post. Yeah, she's definitely going to ask for it in her dirty spot. Good job.

You need a weekly column in FHM...

liljohn7
06-27-2009, 07:37 AM
I live in Memphis. Whoever suggested Gus's fried chicken was dead on. Rated best chicken in the world by GQ magazine. Rendevous is world famous but, like Kansas city, there are 100 small barbecue places that have great food. Cosy corner is my personal favorite. A true hole in the wall with the best ribs I have ever eating. If you have other questions fire away. I have lived here my entire life. Oh yeah. Don't forget dyers, home of the deep fried hamburger, top 3 burgers in the USA by playboy.com
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats.
06-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Fuck Rendezvous. Go to Interstate BBQ.

beach tribe
06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm taking a roadtrip to memphis in 3 days. This hotel thing can be tricky in Memphis. If I were you, I'd look for one in millington, or a surrouning area. That way you won't run the risk of losing your girl and all of your possessions to mad max style gang members. Just kidding ........ Kind of.

Oh!!, and if your gonna party on Beale st, don't wonder too far past Main st.

KevB
06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
**** Rendezvous. Go to Interstate BBQ.

But the Rendezvous is right across the street from his hotel room.

Huffman83
07-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Memphis will be laid to waste!!

I'm on my way now.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Manila-Chief
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm taking a roadtrip to memphis in 3 days. This hotel thing can be tricky in Memphis. If I were you, I'd look for one in millington, or a surrouning area. That way you won't run the risk of losing your girl and all of your possessions to mad max style gang members. Just kidding ........ Kind of.

Oh!!, and if your gonna party on Beale st, don't wonder too far past Main st.

But, how about all those young unattached sailors at the Naval Air station just looking for a ....

Memphis will be laid to waste!!

I'm on my way now.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Hey! How did it go? I have not heard anything scandalous on the news lately?

Huffman83
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
It went great! I ate a lot of ribs and a lot of shrimp. Beale street was kind of...well lame! Not that I have a problem w/ bands playing Hendrix and stuff like that. But the music just seemed incredibly tame and touristy. And I knew that coming into it..but still.

Graceland was interesting if you liked shag carpets and white cotton panties. As well as women w/ both shag carpets w/ white cotton panties. Sun Studio was awesome however.I think one of the coolest things though was the Sun Studios tour. Being able to see the amp used in Rocket 88 was bad ass to me. (For those of you who don't know the story, look it up.)

My wife seemed to enjoy Sun studio the most as far as touristy stuff is concerned. It's one thing to be told that's where Johnny Cash and Elvis recorded but then to realize you're in the same small room where they recorded...is pretty cool!

As far as the other stuff my wife enjoyed....that's private!