PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV New "2012" Trailer

Raised On Riots
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
This may be the suckiest movie ever, but the CGI is off the fuckin' charts:

http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/?hs308=email

Reaper16
06-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Jesus, they could have funded health care with the money it must have taken to pay for those effects.

KcMizzou
06-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Holy crap. Even if it sucks, I might have to see it on IMAX.

Raised On Riots
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Jesus, they could have funded health care with the money it must have taken to pay for those effects.

ROFL I know!!! I'm watching that shit thinking, "this is IMAX's wet dream"!

Frazod
06-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't know why I should pay for this when I can wait 3 1/2 years and see it for free.

Raised On Riots
06-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't know why I should pay for this when I can wait 3 1/2 years and see it for free.

ROFL Nice Avy!

Deberg_1990
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Roland Emmerich keeps making the same movie over and over again.....

His movies are fun, but hes about the goofiest filmaker alive.

Sure-Oz
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Holy crap. Even if it sucks, I might have to see it on IMAX.

My thoughts as well

OmahaChief
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
I love all these types of disaster movies so I am really excited for this one.

DaneMcCloud
06-18-2009, 10:43 PM
He sold the project and script in less than 8 hours.

Considering "The Day After Tomorrow" and "10,000 BC" both sucked ass, I'll wait for DVD.

"10,000 BC" is maybe the worst scripted and historically inaccurate movie ever made.

Raised On Riots
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Considering "The Day After Tomorrow" and "10,000 BC" both sucked ass, I'll wait for DVD.

"10,000 BC" is maybe the worst scripted and historically inaccurate movie ever made.

ROFL That really was a piece of shit.

irishjayhawk
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Solid cast and pretty good CGI.

If it's just ID4 quality, I'll be happy. But as Dane said, his last ones sucked so much complete ass that it probably will too.

Also, does this look like a cross between The Day after Tomorrow and Deep Impact?

BWillie
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
I love all these types of disaster movies so I am really excited for this one.

yeah i love apocalyptic movies. They just intrigue me

Guru
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I knew John Kennedy had a mean streak.

Miles
06-19-2009, 12:26 AM

My first thoughts about that trailer was it looks like a potential damn good home theater fick on blu ray.

unlurking
06-19-2009, 05:26 AM

You mean the pyramids weren't built by aliens using humans as slave labor?!?! WTF!!!
:cuss:

Guru
06-19-2009, 06:07 AM
You mean the pyramids weren't built by aliens using humans as slave labor?!?! WTF!!!
:cuss:Wrong movie man. But something tells me you already knew that.:D

Halfcan
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
pass

the Talking Can
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
that looks like the dumbest movie in history....it may be the sign of the Apocalypse....

HC_Chief
06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Roland Emmerich keeps making the same movie over and over again.....

His movies are shit, and hes about the shitiest filmaker alive.

FYP

OmahaChief
06-19-2009, 04:45 PM

Here is another for you then. Comes out in 2010. Called "The Book of Eli" Good cast so far with Denzel in the lead.

http://book-of-eli-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/

JuicesFlowing
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM

What, cavemen spoke perfect English, right? I agree, I was so pissed I spent time watching that piece of shit film.

DaneMcCloud
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
What, cavemen spoke perfect English, right? I agree, I was so pissed I spent time watching that piece of shit film.

Cavemen and Wholly Mammoths built the pyramids of Egypt.

Duh.

Raised On Riots
06-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Cavemen and Wholly Mammoths built the pyramids of Egypt.

Duh.

And the Albinos were Gods.:doh!:

listopencil
06-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Carrier going belly up was pretty cool.

listopencil
06-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Selina (http://www.selina.dk/):
What will hapen is that the Age of Aquarius is beginning. Thus, we see so many nature disasters - flooding in Asia, flooding in India, flooding in New Orleans - that have everything to do with water. - - Now, in some books (James Redfield's 'Celestine Prophecy') it states that the entire Maya society has not disappeared, but gone to the higher vibration dimensions. - - As we know it today, we are in the third dimension. By 2012, the Earth will come up to the 5th dimension. - - The ones who are not ready yet, will die by he nature disasters. Yes, that's sounds awful, but remember - death is just anther start. Then, their souls will be transported to another planet with 3rd dimension, where they will level up onto 5th dimension with time. - - As for the humans here, well it says that only 1/3 of Earth's population will come up on 5th dimension. You will see Light and you will have a choice to come up to the 5th dimension, or remain in the present 3rd one. - - In 5th dimension, you will nave a new DNA string, you will be able to communicate by telepathy, et cetera. - - Right now, many guardian angels, which are connected with each human on this planet, are preparing humans to awaken. Many angels, elfs and space people have chosen to reincarnate here in these times. - - I got all of this information forom Dennis Stanfeld "Book Of Angels". He also describes different alien species - both good and bad. I stongly recommend you to read it if you are interested in this subject.
(20.09.2005, 05:42)

Raised On Riots
06-20-2009, 12:25 AM
What will hapen is that the Age of Aquarius is beginning. Thus, we see so many nature disasters - flooding in Asia, flooding in India, flooding in New Orleans - that have everything to do with water. - - Now, in some books (James Redfield's 'Celestine Prophecy') it states that the entire Maya society has not disappeared, but gone to the higher vibration dimensions. - - As we know it today, we are in the third dimension. By 2012, the Earth will come up to the 5th dimension. - - The ones who are not ready yet, will die by he nature disasters. Yes, that's sounds awful, but remember - death is just anther start. Then, their souls will be transported to another planet with 3rd dimension, where they will level up onto 5th dimension with time. - - As for the humans here, well it says that only 1/3 of Earth's population will come up on 5th dimension. You will see Light and you will have a choice to come up to the 5th dimension, or remain in the present 3rd one. - - In 5th dimension, you will nave a new DNA string, you will be able to communicate by telepathy, et cetera. - - Right now, many guardian angels, which are connected with each human on this planet, are preparing humans to awaken. Many angels, elfs and space people have chosen to reincarnate here in these times. - - I got all of this information forom Dennis Stanfeld "Book Of Angels". He also describes different alien species - both good and bad. I stongly recommend you to read it if you are interested in this subject.

You must go directly to this thread!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5850942#post5850942

Crashride
06-20-2009, 02:05 PM

Where can I find this book by Stanfeld. Cant seem to find it anywhere on the net.

KcFanInGA
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Popcorn chompin EPIC! Those effects look outstanding!

ThaVirus
06-22-2009, 10:56 PM

Yeah, I love them too. Something about shit hitting the fan and civilization crumbling back to basics. It makes you think about how helpless most of us have become. Where would we be without things like electricity, refrigeration, and running water, you know ? With all these 40-50 work weeks and bills, sometimes I wish we could just go back to being more simple.. But then I'm sure I'd die after about sex hours or so

Guru
06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I love them too. Something about shit hitting the fan and civilization crumbling back to basics. It makes you think about how helpless most of us have become. Where would we be without things like electricity, refrigeration, and running water, you know ? With all these 40-50 work weeks and bills, sometimes I wish we could just go back to being more simple.. But then I'm sure I'd die after about sex hours or soheh

ThaVirus
06-22-2009, 11:07 PM
heh

Ooooh, Freud, eh ?

Mile High Mania
06-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Visually, I'm sure it will rock... but, other than that - nothing.

Discuss Thrower
06-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I love them too. Something about shit hitting the fan and civilization crumbling back to basics. It makes you think about how helpless most of us have become. Where would we be without things like electricity, refrigeration, and running water, you know ? With all these 40-50 work weeks and bills, sometimes I wish we could just go back to being more simple.. But then I'm sure I'd die after about sex hours or so

One way to do that the right way would be to adapt Pat Frank's Alas, Babylon into a feature film. May not do it justice in terms of length, but done correctly it could display Frank's theme of "You can survive if you are willing to adapt."

Or TPTB could make it into a miniseries.. But then it would be just seen as a remake of that one 80s mini that had KC being nuked and all the survivors being in Lawrence or w/ever.

KCChiefsMan
06-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Eagle Eye meets The Day After Tomorrow

but yet, I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 03:54 AM
It couldn't possibly be worse than the Tommy Lee Jones volcano movie.

CoMoChief
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Is this just Day After Tomorrow 2, on a mass global scale?

CoMoChief
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM

god I hated that movie.

Adept Havelock
06-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Another empty extravaganza from the Ed Wood of CGI (JMO). Pass.

One way to do that the right way would be to adapt Pat Frank's Alas, Babylon into a feature film. May not do it justice in terms of length, but done correctly it could display Frank's theme of "You can survive if you are willing to adapt."

Or TPTB could make it into a miniseries.. But then it would be just seen as a remake of that one 80s mini that had KC being nuked and all the survivors being in Lawrence or w/ever.

I'd love to see Alas, Babylon done right. One of the most chilling closing lines of a book I've ever read.

Or possibly Niven/Pournelle's "Lucifer's Hammer" or Dickson's "Wolf and Iron". :shrug:

irishjayhawk
06-23-2009, 04:16 PM

:BS:

That was a great comedy.

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 04:19 PM
:BS:

That was a great comedy.

I think I made it through the first 10 minutes, so I couldn't really agree or disagree.

Guru
06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
It couldn't possibly be worse than the Tommy Lee Jones volcano movie.So you are saying Dante's Peak was better?

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
So you are saying Dante's Peak was better?

I don't generally go for the disaster flicks. I only brought THIS one to the table for the FX/CGI, and unlike the rest of that shit, this one has to do with gravitational effects caused by the passing of a planet.

A planet, I might add, that has made this rotation through our solar system more than once.

blaise
06-23-2009, 06:38 PM
The Road comes out around that same time, which is another end of the world type movie, but very different.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3885105689/

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
The Road comes out around that same time, which is another end of the world type movie, but very different.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3885105689/

"The Postman-meets Crazy Viggo"! :D

blaise
06-23-2009, 08:00 PM

It looks a little like that in the promo. I've read the book though and it's pretty intense.

Frazod
06-24-2009, 10:11 AM
So you are saying Dante's Peak was better?

I really enjoyed Dante's Peak. Granted, it was predictable and cheesy and completely ridiculous towards the end, but it was entertaining and had tremendous special effects/CGI.

OmahaChief
06-24-2009, 11:31 AM

I might be one of about six people that actually liked The Postman

blaise
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM

I didn't dislike it. I thought it was ok. The villain was pretty good, I thought. The concept was good, there were parts where it was sort of lame, but I didn't think it was as terrible as people say.

Raised On Riots
06-24-2009, 03:26 PM

It was better than Water World.

Frazod
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM

Make that seven. Hell, I even have it on DVD. I'll never understand the critical dogpile that movie received.

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't generally go for the disaster flicks. I only brought THIS one to the table for the FX/CGI, and unlike the rest of that shit, this one has to do with gravitational effects caused by the passing of a planet.

A planet, I might add, that has made this rotation through our solar system more than once.

Yep. He went for BS weather Science in "The Day After Tomorrow".

Now it's time for an epic based on the Scientific foolishness of Velikovsky's "Catastrophism".

:shake:

Raised On Riots
06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Yep. He went for BS weather Science in "The Day After Tomorrow".

Now it's time for an epic based on the Scientific foolishness of Velikovsky's "Catastrophism".

:shake:

Well, I guess we'll see in a few years now won't we?

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, I guess we'll see in a few years now won't we?

Perhaps, but I doubt it.

I think Emmerich hired the same science advisors that put together this upcoming debacle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uylcyx3Obcw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uylcyx3Obcw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Bob" Dobbs
06-24-2009, 07:31 PM

I'd love to see Alas, Babylon done right. One of the most chilling closing lines of a book I've ever read.

OK. I've read AB many many times, but the last time was like 20 years ago. What WAS the last line??? I should remember, but don't.

"Bob" Dobbs
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh, and BTW, Adept, we seem to have eerily similar tastes in a lot of things.

blaise
06-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Or possibly Niven/Pournelle's "Lucifer's Hammer" or Dickson's "Wolf and Iron". :shrug:

I've never read Alas, Babylon. It's one of those books I always mean to read but never do. I think I may read it next.
I have read Lucifer's Hammer, that was pretty good.
There's another novel called On The Beach was made into a movie in the 50's or 60's, that's another post apocolypse tale. I read the book, but I found that one pretty boring. People in Australia waiting for a radiation cloud that's killed the rest of the world.
There's also a French movie called, Time of the Wolf, that is set after some sort of unexplaine global catastrophe that's left most people without food and water. It's a well made movie. Pretty intense.

Raised On Riots
06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Perhaps, but I doubt it.

I think Emmerich hired the same science advisors that put together this upcoming debacle:

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uylcyx3Obcw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Meh. This has nothing to do with meteors or asteroids, or impact of any sort. I take it you know what would happen if the moon's rotation were thrown out of whack, yes? And it doesn't take much, yes?

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 07:56 PM
OK. I've read AB many many times, but the last time was like 20 years ago. What WAS the last line??? I should remember, but don't.

After the survivors met up with Randy's brother Paul who was in SAC, Randy asks "who won the war?".

"We won it. We really clobbered 'em.' Hart's eyes lowered and his arms drooped. He said 'Not that it matters.' The engine started and Randy turned away to face the thousand-year night."

It still sends chills down my spine.

If you like "Alas, Babylon" try "Earth Abides" by George Stewart.

Oh, and BTW, Adept, we seem to have eerily similar tastes in a lot of things.

I was always told I had an evil twin who was separated at birth. :p

"Bob" Dobbs
06-24-2009, 08:02 PM
After the survivors met up with Randy's brother Paul who was in SAC, Randy asks "who won the war?".

"We won it. We really clobbered 'em.' Hart's eyes lowered and his arms drooped. He said 'Not that it matters.' The engine started and Randy turned away to face the thousand-year night."

It still sends chills down my spine.

If you like "Alas, Babylon" try "Earth Abides" by George Stewart.

I was always told I had an evil twin who was separated at birth. :pYep. I remember it now. In retrospect, it is a LOT more chilling than it was as a kid. I'll have to look into Earth Abides. Oh yeah, I'll bet you liked "Warday" too.

And I'm not THAT evil.

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 08:03 PM
I've never read Alas, Babylon. It's one of those books I always mean to read but never do. I think I may read it next.
I have read Lucifer's Hammer, that was pretty good.
There's another novel called On The Beach was made into a movie in the 50's or 60's, that's another post apocolypse tale. I read the book, but I found that one pretty boring. People in Australia waiting for a radiation cloud that's killed the rest of the world.
There's also a French movie called, Time of the Wolf, that is set after some sort of unexplaine global catastrophe that's left most people without food and water. It's a well made movie. Pretty intense.

On the Beach is an incredible film, but I have to agree the book is slow as is the film. The movie takes the premise, plays it straight, and slowly crushes you. One of Peck's best roles, IMO. It's also got a dramatic non-dancing Fred Astaire, Ava Gardner looking incredible as always, and a pre-Psycho Anthony Perkins.

I can't hear "Waltzing Matilda" without picturing the empty streets of Melbourne and the tattered banner that said "There is still time, Brother".

They did a so-so modern remake for Showtime a few years back.

Lucifer's Hammer is a fun read, but so un-PC it wouldn't stand a chance of getting remade. Pity.

I'd really suggest reading Alas, Babylon and Earth Abides. If you like the others, you probably would like these.

Thanks for the tip about "Time of the Wolf". I'm a big fan of the Post-Apocalyptic genre. Damn shame there is so much craptacular stuff in that style.

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Meh. This has nothing to do with meteors or asteroids, or impact of any sort. I take it you know what would happen if the moon's rotation were thrown out of whack, yes? And it doesn't take much, yes?

I didn't say they were comparable plotlines. Just comparable in the quality of Science. ;)

Guru
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I really enjoyed Dante's Peak. Granted, it was predictable and cheesy and completely ridiculous towards the end, but it was entertaining and had tremendous special effects/CGI.I have it on laser disk. I watched it recently and wondered to myself "why did I buy this again?"

I still find it hilarious that the tires don't explode when they hit the lava.

Adept Havelock
06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Yep. I remember it now. In retrospect, it is a LOT more chilling than it was as a kid. I'll have to look into Earth Abides. Oh yeah, I'll bet you liked "Warday" too.

And I'm not THAT evil.

"Warday" blew my mind when I read it back in '85-'86. They wrote another novel set circa 2025 called "Nature's End" which was a decent read as well.

You might find this place interesting as well..."The Quiet Earth" a Post-Apoc. fansite.

http://www.quietearth.us/

If you're not that evil...I guess that means I'm...:fire:

keg in kc
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
It's amazing to me that the destruction of california could turn out so hilariously retarded-looking:

<iframe src='http://www.fancast.com/movies/2012-%28Columbia-Pictures%29/148925/1274572948/2012%3A-Exclusive-Scene/embed?skipTo=0' width='420' height='382' scrolling='no' frameborder='0'></iframe>

LMAO

Larger widescreen version: http://www.fancast.com/movies/2012-%28Columbia-Pictures%29/148925/1274572948/2012:-Exclusive-Scene/videos

Fish
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow... that looks so absurd....

Deberg_1990
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Dumb

I didnt realize you could out run an Earthquake in a limo?

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Some excellent CGI, but it looks way over the top.

KCWolfman
10-02-2009, 01:59 PM
From the trailer I saw, I am assuming the movie is about the last stuntman on the planet who can drive.

CoMoChief
10-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Dumb

I didnt realize you could out run an Earthquake in a limo?

Chuck Norris does this bare footed all the time.

So to think one can't out run one in a car, isn't unreasonable to think.

CoMoChief
10-02-2009, 02:51 PM
This is Day After Tomorrow 2, just more terrible.

And it makes no sense as to why the pilot is reducing his altitude, instead of clmibing, when going lower means shit tons of debris. What a fucking retarded pilot. I hope he wasn't in the Navy or Air force. What a jackass

Deberg_1990
10-02-2009, 02:55 PM
This is Day After Tomorrow 2, just more terrible.

And it makes no sense as to why the pilot is reducing his altitude, instead of clmibing, when going lower means shit tons of debris.

Yea, i thought the same thing. WTF??

This movie serves one purpose: To give the special effects guys plenty of work

IM sure it will make a killing.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM

IM sure it will make a killing.Oh, I'll go see it. Not because I really want to, but because I have a 10 yr old boy who is already bugging me to see it...:D

jiveturkey
10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
It looks like a fun 4d ride at Universal Studios.

Dicky McElephant
10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Dane is so fucked.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Dane is so ****ed.Thats what I was thinking. Although, its a good way to get Lindsay Lohan out of his neighborhood.

keg in kc
10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
She's probably scare the earthquake off.

Reaper16
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
That movie's budget must be the size of the federal deficit.

KCChiefsMan
10-02-2009, 05:58 PM
that looks f*cking dumb

Sure-Oz
10-02-2009, 07:52 PM
ill rent it off netflix, this looks like major overkill

underEJ
10-02-2009, 08:07 PM

IM sure it will make a killing.

Nobody enjoys working on an Emmerich movie. Unemployment is actually a decent option.

"Bob" Dobbs
10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Dane has an alt?

Raised On Riots
10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Dane is so fucked.

Blasphemy! Dane's the motherfucking STUNTMAN in this bitch!!!!

DRIVING LIKE STEVE MCQUEEN MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

http://www.autofiends.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bullit1.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
10-08-2009, 10:25 AM

And it was a fucking blast!

Roland's got my money...all of his movies are cream fuckin' cheese!

I have a sickness!

Pink Paradise 2010
10-18-2009, 03:00 PM
it looks like a wicked movie, i am a little freaked out when i watch the trailer though. you never know what could happen the next day, or the next couple years.... its amazing to even try to grasp my mind around.

Deberg_1990
11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Reviews are starting to come out.....sounds so far over the top its almost a parody of itself....

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941576.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

Deberg_1990
11-12-2009, 06:00 PM
OK, whos going to check it out this weekend? Fess up...

You know you want to see this.

irishjayhawk
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Reviews are starting to come out.....sounds so far over the top its almost a parody of itself....

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941576.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

That's what it looked like from the beginning. Didn't need the critics to tell me that. :)