PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs United Football League

Farzin
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Is anyone going to watch this when it starts rolling around?

There are a lot of former popular players from college who struggle to find a spot on the 53 man roster. I'd like to see them go to the UFL and see how they do..

Do you guys think any current Chiefs player could have a shot in this league? Call me crazy, but I was thinking Croyle if he could stay healthy..

Deberg_1990
06-19-2009, 08:11 AM
It should go over just as well as the USFL and XFL, CFL expansion into the US, and the original US World League teams.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Havent really read into it much.... http://www.ufl-football.com/

Skip Towne
06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
It should go over just as well as the USFL and XFL.

Exactly. Minor league football has a history of failure.

Farzin
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
This just came to mind: But I don't see Todd Reesing or Chase Daniels being worthy of making a spot on a 53 man NFL roster. I'd love to see those two in the UFL.

I'll admit, I enjoy watching the CFL/AFL mainly because thats where some college players go if they cannot survive in the NFL.

Skip Towne
06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
This just came to mind: But I don't see Todd Reesing or Chase Daniels being worthy of making a spot on a 53 man NFL roster. I'd love to see those two in the UFL.

I'll admit, I enjoy watching the CFL/AFL mainly because thats where some college players go if they cannot survive in the NFL.

I don't think Reesing wants to play pro football. He is going to become a thermonuclear physicist. Daniels wants to be a sanitation engineer.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-19-2009, 08:19 AM
...right now if the slowest time of the year for sports....I MAY be able to stomach watching Dennis Green blow up in front of the media. ...

It would be nice to have some sort of football going on this time of the year....

Farzin
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Exactly. Minor league football has a history of failure.

I see where your coming from, but look how long the CFL and AFL have been around (I know. The AFL is currently un-active, but they plan to get back in 2010.)

Skip Towne
06-19-2009, 08:23 AM
I see where your coming from, but look how long the CFL and AFL have been around (I know. The AFL is currently un-active, but they plan to get back in 2010.)

Un possible

rad
06-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Gary Stills, Ronnie Cruz, Pruneda, Cecil Sapp.......

http://www.ufl-football.com/press/2009/06/19/_premiere_season_draft

rad
06-19-2009, 08:26 AM
...right now if the slowest time of the year for sports....I MAY be able to stomach watching Dennis Green blow up in front of the media. ...

It would be nice to have some sort of football going on this time of the year....

Too bad the season is from Oct- Nov. Only 4 teams.

Mr_Tomahawk
06-19-2009, 08:30 AM

....ahhh....weak....it already failed.

Farzin
06-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Daniels wants to be a sanitation engineer.He signed with the Redskins. He's expecting to compete with the mighty Todd Collins for the 3rd string spot.

Skip Towne
06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
He signed with the Redskins. He's expecting to compete with the mighty Todd Collins for the 3rd string spot.

He'll make Collins look like Joe Montana.

kepp
06-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Daniels wants to be a sanitation engineer.

Or work for his buddy, Warren Buffett. You know, whichever pays better.

Gonzo
06-19-2009, 08:52 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjL-NyK12-Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjL-NyK12-Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KCtotheSB
06-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Other former Chiefs:

BJ Sams
Oliver Celestin

CrazyPhuD
06-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Sorry given a choice I'm watching this league instead.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-lingerie-football-league-042409-pg,0,931132.photogallery?track=newphotos?009

The football fundamentals are better than the UFL.

Chocolate Hog
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice alot of Chiefs players are in this league. That should tell you about Herm & Carl

BarrySPAMAID
06-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Is anyone going to watch this when it starts rolling around?

There are a lot of former popular players from college who struggle to find a spot on the 53 man roster. I'd like to see them go to the UFL and see how they do..

Do you guys think any current Chiefs player could have a shot in this league? Call me crazy, but I was thinking Croyle if he could stay healthy..

Uhh, Croyle will be fine in the NFL there my friend. I know I'M the "singular" fan in the nation on this subject, and I'm proud to be.

Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen are going to put on a hell of a show come camp. I trust I will see you there.

To answer your question, I am undecided as to if I will watch the UFL or not.
I guess on one side you have another league, which just means more football, which I'm all about. I watch all forms of MMA, so I guess I can buy into it. They are going to need more than 4 teams too. I heard 4 teams, six game schedule. Seems a little odd. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ex Chief players huh? I'd Say Sippio would be at the top of my list to start. Maybe a Casey Printers, or Will Svitek, ( he was ok over in Europe, and I was a HUGE fan of the NFL Europe. Watched it every week )

Dont worry about Croyle. He has alot to prove. He's up to the task.

Chocolate Hog
06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Uhh, Croyle will be fine in the NFL there my friend. I know I'M the "singular" fan in the nation on this subject, and I'm proud to be.

Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen are going to put on a hell of a show come camp. I trust I will see you there.

To answer your question, I am undecided as to if I will watch the UFL or not.
I guess on one side you have another league, which just means more football, which I'm all about. I watch all forms of MMA, so I guess I can buy into it. They are going to need more than 4 teams too. I heard 4 teams, six game schedule. Seems a little odd. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ex Chief players huh? I'd Say Sippio would be at the top of my list to start. Maybe a Casey Printers, or Will Svitek, ( he was ok over in Europe, and I was a HUGE fan of the NFL Europe. Watched it every week )

You're a fucking idiot. Do you know Croyles completion % on balls thrown past 10 yards? Ingle Martin will beat him for the # 3. Thigpen is a good back up QB though.

ChiefsLV
06-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm going to get tickets. I've seen every football team that's tried to make it here in Vegas and failed, the Posse (CFL), Outlaws (XFL), Gladiators (Arena). Hopefully this one sticks around. I think it could end up becoming a farm system for the NFL.

BarrySPAMAID
06-19-2009, 02:44 PM
You're a ****ing idiot. Do you know Croyles completion % on balls thrown past 10 yards? Ingle Martin will beat him for the # 3. Thigpen is a good back up QB though.

Dropped passes have alot to do with that I'm sure, that and playcalling.

Not worried at about it. Croyle will be fine.

Sure-Oz
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Croyle won't be healthy enough to last

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
THE RETURN OF DRUCK

Oh, how I wish...

BarrySPAMAID
06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Croyle won't be healthy enough to last

We'll see. We'll see.

Deberg_1990
06-19-2009, 02:47 PM

I found Croyle's 1 fan! Awesome!

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2009, 02:51 PM
My personal "Dudes I remember" list:

UFL LAS VEGAS
DB ARCHULETA, ADAM (ARIZONA STATE)
NT BRYANT, WENDELL (WISCONSIN-MADISON)
WR KIRCUS, DAVID (GRAND VALLEY STATE)
LB STILLS, GARY (WEST VIRGINIA) OH SHIIIIIIII
RB WHITEHEAD, TERRENCE (OREGON)

UFL NEW YORK
TE GHENT, RONNIE (LOUISVILLE)
RB SAPP, CECIL (COLORADO STATE) THE DIESELLLLLL
RB TOEFIELD, LABRANDON (LSU)

UFL ORLANDO
QB BOLLINGER, BROOKS (WISCONSIN)
FB CRUZ, RONNIE (NORTHERN STATE-SD) OH SHI
DB DOSS, MIKE (OHIO STATE)
RB PERRY, CHRIS (MICHIGAN)
NT TRIPPLETT, LARRY (WASHINGTON)
T WAND, SETH (NORTHWEST MISSOURI ST)
TE WIGGINS, JERMAINE (GEORGIA)
RB WILSON, QUINCY (WEST VIRGINIA)

UFL SAN FRANCISCO
RB AYANBADEJO, FEMI (SAN DIEGO STATE) YEEEESSSSSSSSS
WR FITZGERALD, MARCUS (MARSHALL)
TE LEDBETTER, BRANDEN (WESTERN MICHIGAN)
T LEKKERKERKER, CORY (CALIFORNIA-DAVIS) A Lekkerker never forgets!
T RIMPF, BRIAN (EAST CAROLINA)
WR SAMS, BJ (MCNEESE STATE)
DB UNDERWOOD, MARVIEL (SAN DIEGO STATE)

BarrySPAMAID
06-19-2009, 02:53 PM
I found Croyle's 1 fan! Awesome!

Singular. RoR get's the credit. I still laugh every time.

Demonpenz
06-19-2009, 02:57 PM
mike doss can't make a freaking nfl team?

chiefs1111
06-19-2009, 03:02 PM
mike doss can't make a freaking nfl team?

He has had some injury and legal problems the last few years

Farzin
06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Croyle will be fine in the NFL there my friend.

Brodie Croyle and Tyler Thigpen are going to put on a hell of a show come camp.

......what? ...... Good God please tell me your kidding...

Farzin
06-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Dropped passes have alot to do with that I'm sure, that and playcalling.

What are these "drops" you speak of? Croyle flat out sucks and your the only one who supports him (that's nothing to be proud of.) Todd Haley has not mentioned Croyle. That shows where his status is under the new coach.

Micjones
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I've only ever been exposed to the XFL so I'm uncertain, but...
Have the other leagues had such decorated players/coaches?

Seems to me that this wouldn't be God awful product like the XFL and perhaps even on par with the Arena League.

Am I offbase?

Mojo Jojo
06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I've only ever been exposed to the XFL so I'm uncertain, but...
Have the other leagues had such decorated players/coaches?

Seems to me that this wouldn't be God awful product like the XFL and perhaps even on par with the Arena League.

Am I offbase?

The WFL and the USFL had many decorated coaches and players. The USFL could have been successful if they hadn't added multiple teams every year. Too many investors that had no business running a pro team. A few of the names you may recognize; Anthony Carter, Vince Evans, Doug Flutie, Bobby Hebert, Jim Kelly, Sean Landeta, Sam Mills, Herschel Walker, Reggie White, Steve Young.

Ultra Peanut
06-19-2009, 05:13 PM
um excuse me but the XFL had Rashaan Salaam, Rashaan Shehee, John Avery, Tommy Freakin' Maddox, Rod Smart, and Jose Cortez.

the Talking Can
06-19-2009, 05:28 PM
archuletta just stepped out of bed one morning, heard a voice in his head that said, "now you suck," and knew his career was over, just like that....

Micjones
06-19-2009, 05:29 PM
The WFL and the USFL had many decorated coaches and players. The USFL could have been successful if they hadn't added multiple teams every year. Too many investors that had no business running a pro team. A few of the names you may recognize; Anthony Carter, Vince Evans, Doug Flutie, Bobby Hebert, Jim Kelly, Sean Landeta, Sam Mills, Herschel Walker, Reggie White, Steve Young.

I see.

JuicesFlowing
06-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I just can't see myself finding interest in second-rate football.

Skip Towne
06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I just can't see myself finding interest in second-rate football.

Then why are you a Chiefs fan?

Discuss Thrower
06-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Then why are you a Chiefs fan?

ZZZZZZING

Tribal Warfare
06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Sorry given a choice I'm watching this league instead.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-lingerie-football-league-042409-pg,0,931132.photogallery?track=newphotos?009

The football fundamentals are better than the UFL.

I concur

Ultra Peanut
06-20-2009, 04:59 AM
Then why are you a Chiefs fan?<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXsucHcm0aA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXsucHcm0aA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
06-20-2009, 08:15 AM
http://www.ufl-football.com/registration/player

http://j.photos.cx/Capture-67b.PNG

BarrySPAMAID
06-20-2009, 03:08 PM

Sometimes it takes time for some to get used to a guy like me Farzin. I am the voice of the 12th man. I happily put myself up on a cross for the benefit of some day seeing our Sea of Red return in its glory. Most think that I am delusional, and just trying to start trouble. But I really do love this football team. Having said that, I am in fact, the Singular fan of Brodie Croyle, and I do believe he has NFL ability. I also think that he does have injury issues, just like many players. But his arm being used in the same sentence as Tyler Thigpen is just not fair. We all know who had the best arm. I'm not saying Tyler isnt talented. I'm just saying when it comes to operating under center, and actually making a throw, Brodie has the tools over him. This is the "show" that I hope to see in camp. Brodie has ALOT to prove. I'm fine with that. It certainly doest mean that I am going to stop liking a guy I have met, and was huge fan of when he was at the Crimson Tide.

Brodie has everything but the mass. As I have always said, he needs to add weight. I look forward to see what he brings, becuase he has alot to prove.

What are these "drops" you speak of? Croyle flat out sucks and your the only one who supports him (that's nothing to be proud of.) Todd Haley has not mentioned Croyle. That shows where his status is under the new coach.

I am proud to be his only supporter my friend. I try to like all of our players, and Brodie IMHO has not gotten a true chance, behind a competent line, and competent QB's coach, and play calling, etc, to even start to look good. I would suggest you read my blog this week. It's here.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=104197863155&id=1048917013&ref=mf

I just think you need a better understanding of what I do. Enjoy, and cant wait for your next podcast.

Mojo Jojo
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I am proud to be his only supporter my friend. I try to like all of our players, and Brodie IMHO has not gotten a true chance, behind a competent line, a competent QB's coach, and play calling, etc, to even start to look good.

I have never had "a true chance, behind a competent line, a competent QB's coach, and play calling, etc, to even start to look good." However I do know that Brodie and I will never be legit NFL QB's.

If you really do write a blog I would suggest that you learn punctuation. Commas seem to be giving you a lot of problems. The correct use of grammar will make your posts more legit. Right now they look as if they were posted by a fifth grader.

Psyko Tek
06-20-2009, 04:55 PM

wrong time of the year
spring with the ship being on fathers day

BarrySPAMAID
06-20-2009, 06:59 PM

I have never had "a true chance, behind a competent line, a competent QB's coach, and play calling, etc, to even start to look good." However I do know that Brodie and I will never be legit NFL QB's.

If you really do write a blog I would suggest that you learn punctuation. Commas seem to be giving you a lot of problems. The correct use of grammar will make your posts more legit. Right now they look as if they were posted by a fifth grader.

Sometimes I rant, therefore commas get missed, and mistakes are made. We do have an Editor, and he's been on my case about it plenty. I'm trying. Brodie was looking real good in the New England game too, after the third time, he didn't get up. Look at the tape. I'm not saying Croyle is our starter. I'm saying it's going to pretty interesting to see how he handles all of this in camp. I look forward to it.

I do not know how to use a spell check here yet. Sorry for the bad grammar.

Valiant
06-20-2009, 08:58 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjL-NyK12-Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JjL-NyK12-Q&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If they would not have had all the damn wrestling announcers and stigma of wrestling it would have succeeded..

Hell, I think if they gave it another shot it would succeed with the money they have.. Just don't make the same stupid mistakes.. Also make it only played on real football fields in the weather also.. None of this field turf or dome shit..

Get rid of the players naming themselves..
Start out in 8-12 cities, make the teams about the cities, not some name gimmick..
Give the teams a year to find players and coaches..
Have it either end right as preseason is starting or start a week after the superbowl..