PDA

View Full Version : Football It's time for a judge to step in and demand a vasectomy

LaChapelle
06-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Woman says NFL veteran Travis Henry fathered twins, owes money
Vanessa Colbert said former NFL player Travis Henry owes child support for twins.

By Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
June 18, 2009
Travis Henry made millions of dollars playing in the NFL.

He has also made a lot of babies.

The 30-year-old Polk County native publicly acknowledges he has nine children with different mothers but a Central Florida woman says that's not so.

The number, she says, should be 11.

:Vanessa Colbert recently became the second woman in Orange County to try to collect child support from Henry. She says the former athlete fathered her twins, who are now 18 months old.

Henry hasn't been ordered to pay support to Colbert or to the other woman, Dorothy Michelle Maloy, who did not return calls. But in Polk County, he owes more than $11,000 in back support in two cases.

The Orange County women have joined a long line of mothers seeking money from the man who once played for the Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills.

Henry, who recently pleaded guilty to a federal drug charge, isn't current with any of his child-support payments, which are estimated to total $15,000 a month.

And he is broke.

"Right now, there's nothing," said Randy Kessler, Henry's high-profile Atlanta lawyer.

Documents filed in the two local cases show they aren't your typical Orange County child-support cases.

There's a detailed flow chart of Henry's children. It includes each child's birth date, mother and place of residence.

Then there are Henry's monthly expenses.

According to his 2008 financial affidavit, Henry spent about $1,100 to talk on the phone and $2,500 on clothes. Another $2,500 for entertainment, and about $1,500 on gifts.

Among his assets at the time: a $100,000 Mercedes, $25,000 Cadillac Escalade and $50,000 in jewelry.

He had some hefty liabilities, too, including more than $100,000 owed to lawyers and $140,000 due a jeweler.

"It's a typical catastrophe," Kessler said of Henry's situation. "People who are young who make a lot of money sometimes don't plan well enough in advance."

Such cases come along once in a while in Orange County, which has about 38,000 active cases in the child-support system, said Stanton Cobb, a family-law attorney. And they don't all involve professional athletes or celebrities, he said.

Henry has not publicly acknowledged fathering the Orange County twins, but Colbert said he used to give her money to help with the girls' expenses. She hasn't received anything since August, however.

"At the end of the day, he still has a responsibility to these children," she said.

Amy L. Edwards can be reached at 407-420-5735 or aledwards@orlandosentinel.com.

Mr. Krab
06-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I definitely think birth control should be a court option.

Mojo Jojo
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I thought it was her body/her choice. Make him wear the condom, get on the pill, go see a doctor. Point is she is just as guilty as he is. Get knocked up by a pro player and take him to court for money.

FYI...I think Mr. Henry is a douche, and should be hung out to dry, but this happens all the time. Look at DT...seven kids by six women, or was it six by five...too many kids and too many women to keep track of. With sex comes responsibility for BOTH parties.

No one was the victim.

Bwana
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Heh

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208808

LaChapelle
06-20-2009, 12:23 PM
He hangs out, but it's NEVER dry.

LaChapelle
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Heh

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208808

Are the female guards safe?

Frazod
06-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I thought it was her body/her choice. Make him wear the condom, get on the pill, go see a doctor. Point is she is just as guilty as he is. Get knocked up by a pro player and take him to court for money.

FYI...I think Mr. Henry is a douche, and should be hung out to dry, but this happens all the time. Look at DT...seven kids by six women, or was it six by five...too many kids and too many women to keep track of. With sex comes responsibility for BOTH parties.

No one was the victim.

Thank you.

How about tossing a little responsibility at the idiot whore who has unprotected sex with a guy just because she assumes he has money?

Bwana
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Are the female guards safe? Unless he can sling his man goo over a mile, yes.

stevieray
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
true story a buddy of mine owns a limo company..a Cheif is in the back, girl gets in..wants to go to her house to boink, he refuses. she still wants to boink..enquires if he has a condom...nope...dropped her drawers within a minute.

flirtin with disaster

LaChapelle
06-20-2009, 12:40 PM
The common denominator is Travis Henry. He keeps signing contracts with his cock, that his ass can't honor. It's time to cap the ink well.

googlegoogle
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
When are you people going to realize it's a form of LEGAL THEFT.

Incentive to get pregnant =Laws demand monies to be paid to the female.

It's 50% the guys problem but women shouldn't get jackshit. Then they might use some type contraceptive.

Fairplay
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Someone should do a prank phone call to that phone number listed at the bottom of first post.

JuicesFlowing
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
I thought this was a re-post of that story about the dude that father 29 kids or whatever... oh well.

Frazod
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I thought this was a re-post of that story about the dude that father 29 kids or whatever... oh well.

I wonder if that guy told all those women that he was Travis Henry?

Psyko Tek
06-20-2009, 02:33 PM

No one was the victim.

the victims are the kids

JuicesFlowing
06-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I wonder if that guy told all those women that he was Travis Henry?

I don't know, but that dude and T. Henry need to hook up with Octo-mom. Or not. Overpopulation is a bad thing. Then again, they can always start a reality series and get paid $60,000 per week. Awesome. (Consider this my cross-reference post).