PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Elder Scrolls V

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

allen_kcCard
11-17-2011, 09:12 AM
I am pushing up only part of Descruction myself. Putting in for all the half costs on the tiers, dual spell, impact, and then only the shock increased damage with the incinerate one that can instakill low hp targets.

I'll also do heavy armor for the one that lets me move faster and have no wieght for heavy armors, and smithing to be able to craft those heavy armors. I might do some in archery as well, and maybe some in alchemy and/or enchanting. I need to look at a perks calculator again and plan it out.

Dave Lane
11-17-2011, 09:15 AM
You do it in the constellations screen, skills when you don't have a level up to do. Just use the arrows to move around and select where you want to put new ones. It should show the skill you need to place in a slot, and what your current is.

Yeah it does, maybe i don't have enough perks to make the next level of the tree. It says you have 20 points need 30. Are these perks because the number isn't the same as the perks so i was a bit confused if they are like perks in New Vegas or something different.

Pants
11-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah it does, maybe i don't have enough perks to make the next level of the tree. It says you have 20 points need 30. Are these perks because the number is the same as the perks so i was a bit confused if they are like perks in New Vegas or something different.

Skills require proficiencies. Sounds like you're at 20 and need 30, you have to keep using that skill until you level it up to 30.

Proficiency =/= perks. You can be a 100 in Light Armor and never invest any perks into the tree. Your proficiencies increase automatically as you use your skills.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Here's my player guys.

http://i.imgur.com/E8NxU.jpg

That's it, I'm getting a dragon priest mask stat.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 09:28 AM
That's it, I'm getting a dragon priest mask stat.

I got something similar - gives me +20 speech and allows for an extra 20 pounts of inventory weight.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
From what I read, there is a level 50 "soft cap". You can continue to level up to 70 but you stop getting perks after 50.

I get it today from Amazon, can't wait.

This is wrong.

There IS a soft-cap at level 50. Skills take longer to increase. That's it. You start leveling slower. You still gain perks at every level gain.

I also understand that some quests will give you perks once finished, but I have not seen any.

Pants
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Quick question: what is ore used in? Alchemy? I thought I would be able to smelt it into ignots and do some smithing, but it doesn't look that way.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
The Mage's college quest line was weak. In Oblivion I stopped a long dead necromancer from coming back and enslaving the realm.

In Skyrim I stop a shady elf who is trying to do something unexplained using a tiny death star. I dive 2 ruins and kill an elf and they name me ArchMage. The final 'epic' battle of the questline was so pathetic I don't even want to mention it.

Weak sauce guys. Considering that magic itself has been totally ****ed up (no spell crafting, hardly any daedra for conjuring) they could have at least made the questline worth my time.

That was underwhelming.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Quick question: what is ore used in? Alchemy? I thought I would be able to smelt it into ignots and do some smithing, but it doesn't look that way.

I'm also trying to figure this out. I got a transmutate spell that lets me turn all my iron/silver ore into gold... but as far as I know all I can do is sell it for a pittance.

lcarus
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6594/ipptpkrkxl.jpg

:LOL: That's so me in this game. I gotta be more disciplined and just run past shit.

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
The Mage's college quest line was weak. In Oblivion I stopped a long dead necromancer from coming back and enslaving the realm. In Skyrim I stop a shady elf who is trying to do something unexplained using a tiny death star. I dive 2 ruins and kill an elf and they name me ArchMage. The final 'epic' battle of the questline was so pathetic I don't even want to mention it. Weak sauce guys. Considering that magic itself has been totally fucked up (no spell crafting, hardly any daedra for conjuring) they could have at least made the questline worth my time.

That was underwhelming.

Everyone else here has been praising the Mage College quests, including me. Are you referring to the Staff of Magnus quest? That was no cake walk and you explore a good bit of ground.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Smithing. Most (but not all) of the blacksmith shops have a smelter (big dome looking thing). Go to the smelter and smelt ore into ingots - ingots are then used for crafting weapons, armor and jewelry.

Took me a while to figure out what the smelter was. They don't have one in Riverrun where you first get the training.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Smithing. Most (but not all) of the blacksmith shops have a smelter (big dome looking thing). Go to the smelter and smelt ore into ingots - ingots are then used for crafting weapons, armor and jewelry.

Took me a while to figure out what the smelter was. They don't have one in Riverrun where you first get the training.

Oh ok, that's what I thought they were for but saw no way to smelt the ore in Riverrun. That makes sense, thanks. Also, I wish the dude in Riverrun had more than 5 freaking steel ignots for sale. What a bum.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 10:06 AM
So, any recs on a good unique 1 handed sword? I need something better than my upgraded blades sword from the main storyline.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Oh ok, that's what I thought they were for but saw no way to smelt the ore in Riverrun. That makes sense, thanks. Also, I wish the dude in Riverrun had more than 5 freaking steel ignots for sale. What a bum.

After a few days ore in mines (you can take a pick ax and mine your own) and piles of ore you either take or steal reset.

I found a gold mine and looted the shit out of it - came away with like 70 pieces of gold ore. Combine gold or silver with gems to make jewelry at the blacksmith shop - great money maker and also raises your smithing skill.

Smelting and tanning do not raise skills, however.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Everyone else here has been praising the Mage College quests, including me. Are you referring to the Staff of Magnus quest? That was no cake walk and you explore a good bit of ground.

No, I mean the fight against that limp-dick Ancano inside the guild.

Getting the staff was a great quest. I thought it was like... the first artifact of many I would have to acquire to destroy the eye and bring peace to the realm. Instead I take it back, let Ancano kill himself, and then the order comes and takes the eye away to guard it. The end. Talk about anticlimactic.

It doesn't much compare to the mages guild quests in Morrowind or Oblivion in any way. Morrowind you damn near usurp the Arch Mage title, and in Oblivion the Mannimarco quest almost seemed more urgent than the main quest.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM

lol, his ignot collection was the first thing in Skyrim I stole. 5 iron and 5 steel. :p

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:16 AM
After a few days ore in mines (you can take a pick ax and mine your own) and piles of ore you either take or steal reset.

I found a gold mine and looted the shit out of it - came away with like 70 pieces of gold ore. Combine gold or silver with gems to make jewelry at the blacksmith shop - great money maker and also raises your smithing skill.

Smelting and tanning do not raise skills, however.

Oh snap, I saw a pickaxe laying around somewhere but I had no idea you could mine ore. I'm sure there are a million of them laying around everywhere, Imma have to grab one and start farming that shit.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
lol, his ignot collection was the first thing in Skyrim I stole. 5 iron and 5 steel. :p

My dual-wielding monster of a champion does not steal, good sir. I have no scruples unlocking other people's chests for that extra lockpicking skill increase, however. :thumb:

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM

Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly, just lying next to his cart. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh snap, I saw a pickaxe laying around somewhere but I had no idea you could mine ore. I'm sure there are a million of them laying around everywhere, Imma have to grab one and start farming that shit.

Yep. When you go in the mines, look for areas with striped patterns - these are veins, and can either be a rocky pile on the ground or in the walls. When you approach them it will highlight as a usuable area. But you have to have the ax. You can generally get 2 chunks of ore from each vein, and occasionally gems as well. If you've cleared a mine, go back and look - once you find one then you'll know what to look for going forward. They all look alike - only difference is the color depending on what the metal is.

There are also veins in rocky/mountainous areas scattered throughout the map - I've only found two so far and have probably missed many more.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

Damn, I haven't seen a single dragon save for the opening yet. Of course, 90% of my game time was spent getting to, through and out of the first dungeon.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 10:24 AM
My dual-wielding monster of a champion does not steal, good sir. I have no scruples unlocking other people's chests for that extra lockpicking skill increase, however. :thumb:

Weak. Scruples are for suckers. ;)

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Weak. Scruples are for suckers. ;)

I only steal from characters that annoy me. Sort of like a cranky Robin Hood.

Pants
11-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I did wipe out Riverrrun for fun before logging off last night. I didn't save, of course.

Sofa King
11-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I can't stop stealing in these games. Constantly stealing keys and shit from people. One of my favorite things to just see how much shit i can steal.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Damn, I haven't seen a single dragon save for the opening yet. Of course, 90% of my game time was spent getting to, through and out of the first dungeon.

Can't go 5 minutes without running into one, but I'm level 27 or so. More dragon bones/scales and souls than I possibly need.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
There was one quest where I had to steal an item from one of the wealthy families in Whitehall. I figured as long as I was there......

Somehow they figured out it was me and sent a goon squad to kick my ass. It ended very badly for the goon squad, but there are repercussions for theft, even, apparently, if no one sees you.

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Is there a reason I'm hauling around a 25 pound Dragonstone? It has a value of 0. Do they do anything?

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Is there a reason I'm hauling around a 25 pound Dragonstone? It has a value of 0. Do they do anything?

It's a quest item. When you're done with it, you can get rid of it.

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
It's a quest item. When you're done with it, you can get rid of it.

Oh, thanks.

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Can't go 5 minutes without running into one, but I'm level 27 or so. More dragon bones/scales and souls than I possibly need.

Ahhh, so dragons are the new Oblivion gates, eh?

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
There are two barrels near the blacksmith shop in Whitehall that I use for storage. Nothing's ever gone missing out of them. That's where I keep my excess crap that I can't sell but might have use for later in the game, especially crafting materials.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I have 100 smithing now.

Easy way to level up smithing: grab as many iron ingots or iron ores (to turn into ingots) as you can, and buy up as many leather strips as you can. Alternately, hunt a lot of animals, take their hides to the tanning rack and turn em into leather strips.

Now take all those ingots and leather strips and make as many iron daggers as you can. You will level up fast and easy. Don't bother trying to smith more advanced items, because you don't level up any faster.

Once you hit 90 smithing you can make legendary armor and weapons. Make sure you get the perks so you can make daedric stuff.

And if you level up your alchemy and enchanting trees you can enchant stuff to give you smithing bonuses and create potions to make your smithing more effective. Totally broken. :D

However, leveling up enchanting and alchemy takes longer from what I can tell.

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
There are two barrels near the blacksmith shop in Whitehall that I use for storage. Nothing's ever gone missing out of them. That's where I keep my excess crap that I can't sell but might have use for later in the game, especially crafting materials.

Buying a house not worth it?

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I have 100 smithing now.

Easy way to level up smithing: grab as many iron ingots or iron ores (to turn into ingots) as you can, and buy up as many leather strips as you can. Alternately, hunt a lot of animals, take their hides to the tanning rack and turn em into leather strips.

Now take all those ingots and leather strips and make as many iron daggers as you can. You will level up fast and easy. Don't bother trying to smith more advanced items, because you don't level up any faster.

Once you hit 90 smithing you can make legendary armor and weapons. Make sure you get the perks so you can make daedric stuff.

And if you level up your alchemy and enchanting trees you can enchant stuff to give you smithing bonuses and create potions to make your smithing more effective. Totally broken. :D

Thanks for the tip. I wish they scaled the leveling, but oh well, I'll just make a bunch of daggers, I guess :)

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Haven't got around to it yet. I'm a werewolf now, so I don't get any bonuses from sleeping.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the tip. I wish they scaled the leveling, but oh well, I'll just make a bunch of daggers, I guess :)

I think it's pretty horrible that you can craft the best weapon in the game yourself.

That shit should be loot.

Just picked up the strategy guide (700 pages long) and some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...so tonight should be AWESOME.

Pants
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
I think it's pretty horrible that you can craft the best weapon in the game yourself.

Just picked up the strategy guide (700 pages long) and some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...so tonight should be AWESOME.

Yeah, that was my main gripe about Oblivion. I was hoping they fixed that. Fucking Bethesda are the only ones that do retarded shit like that.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:50 AM

What level are you at now?

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM
What level are you at now?

32 :evil:

The funny thing is I haven't even been to High Hrothgar yet. Can't wait to walk up the slope and destroy the troll everyone is having problems over with a flick of my wrist.

Also, speaking of the 7,000 steps, I read there are actually 7,000, and Todd Howard counted them all.

http://media.industrygamers.com/galleries/57/Todd%20Howard.jpg

Frazod
11-17-2011, 11:54 AM

The funny thing is I haven't even been to High Hrothgar yet. Can't wait to walk up the slope and destroy the troll everyone is having problems over with a flick of my wrist.

Holy crap, I thought I was bad. I'm at 28 now. LMAO

As for the ice troll, he greased me the first time, but after that I got him with arrows.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Holy crap, I thought I was bad. I'm at 28 now. LMAO

As for the ice troll, he greased me the first time, but after that I got him with arrows.
stop leveling so fast :cuss:

i gotta catch up :sulk:

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 12:09 PM

hmmm, i killed him at level 7

of course i had to do a lot of running but still .....

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Alvor is 6 feet under in my game. Well, not buried, exactly, just lying next to his cart. He was the victim of a dragon attack on Riverwood, which appears to be the most attacked town in the game.

I have a 'trophy' in the streets of Riverwood.

I also have TWO trophies laying right smack in the middle of the Mage's College grounds. It's crazy.. twice I walked out of the Hall of Elements and had a dragon spitting fire right in my face immediately.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM

Also, speaking of the 7,000 steps, I read there are actually 7,000, and Todd Howard counted them all.

http://media.industrygamers.com/galleries/57/Todd%20Howard.jpg

Every time I play this game I'll go to high hrothgar almost immediately from now on simply for the shout upgrades. Though I never actually use that shout.

I made that troll my bitch at level 8.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:19 PM
I have 100 smithing now.

I've given no focus to enchanting and I've got the 60% perk and I'm almost to lvl 50.

I've gained most of it by learning enchantments and using soul gems to recharge my weapon. I also enchant rings and stuff to make them worth more when I sell them. Since I have the black azura's star grand souls are easy to find. Alchemy, on the other hand, seems to level up REALLY slow.

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 12:21 PM

The hardcover edition is pure sex.

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Anyone of the Dark Brotherhood quests? I started my 2nd mission last night -- pretty good shrouded armour set you pickup for joining.

Pants
11-17-2011, 12:24 PM
We need a compendium of good utility items and where to find them (stuff that lets you carry more, or let's you find "grand souls" easier, whatever that means).

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
We need a compendium of good utility items and where to find them (stuff that lets you carry more, or let's you find "grand souls" easier, whatever that means).

Activate the Steed Guardian Stone and get a extra 100 pounds for inventory and receive no movement penalty for armour. Easily the best guardian stone available.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
i'm always overloaded

Anyone know where i can sell dragon bones or can you forget dragon armor from them somewhere?

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Activate the Steed Guardian Stone and get a extra 100 pounds for inventory and receive no movement penalty for armour. Easily the best guardian stone available.

so where/how do you do that?

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 12:45 PM
so where/how do you do that?

Have you found Solitude or Fort Hraggstad?

here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fCfNPD_ykc4?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

allen_kcCard
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
i'm always overloaded

Anyone know where i can sell dragon bones or can you forget dragon armor from them somewhere?

I read that you can keep them in a dragon corpse for storage....I have the ones I found back out on the same dragon I took them from by the western tower from the questline.

I assume you can use them to make stuff out of dragonbone/scales.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Bullshit. The starter on my truck died.

How can I fix my starter AND play skyrim at the same time!? It's not fair! :(

Pants
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
You can buy a house and safely store anything you want there.

Buck
11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm so far in as a pure Mage that I am sad I haven't delved into Enchanting or Smithing yet.

I'll have to do that on my next warrior build.

My destruction is damn near 80 and my Restoration is 70.

I think I'll start leveling my one-handed next.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I read that you can keep them in a dragon corpse for storage....I have the ones I found back out on the same dragon I took them from by the western tower from the questline.

I assume you can use them to make stuff out of dragonbone/scales.

I think you can forge/upgrade dragon armor with them.

I only take the scales/bones if the dragon is out in BFE. If it's near a location I can fast travel to and I know I'll remember about it... I just leave them for later. The bones don't seem to go anywhere.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm so far in as a pure Mage that I am sad I haven't delved into Enchanting or Smithing yet.

I'll have to do that on my next warrior build.

My destruction is damn near 80 and my Restoration is 70.

I think I'll start leveling my one-handed next.

I just want to find a spell absorption enchantment. I'll destroy it and enchant a full set of armor.

Nothing better than fighting mages who's magic does nothing but make you STRONGER! Muaha!

allen_kcCard
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
I just want to find a spell absorption enchantment. I'll destroy it and enchant a full set of armor.

Nothing better than fighting mages who's magic does nothing but make you STRONGER! Muaha!

Is that is what on the axe when you get thane title from the Jarl?

Pants
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
SPOILERS!

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Is that is what on the axe when you get thane title from the Jarl?

No, it's not an offensive ability so it would be on amulets or rings or armor.

The axes I got (I had to play the quest twice because a graphics glitch fucked up one of my save files) were for frost and lightning damage... so apparently it's not locked.

Buck
11-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey WhiteWhale, you've been posting quite a bit of spoilers in this thread. At least about the Mage's College.

If you feel that something you need to post is a spoiler, please put it in Spoiler Tags.

Put [spoiler.] (without the period) before your post and [/spoiler.] (without the period) after your post.

Thanks.

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey WhiteWhale, you've been posting quite a bit of spoilers in this thread. At least about the Mage's College.

If you feel that something you need to post is a spoiler, please put it in Spoiler Tags.

Put [spoiler.] (without the period) before your post and [/spoiler.] (without the period) after your post.

Thanks.

Sorry bud, I won't do it again. :)

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Not only is the visual and gameplay superb, but the music is unrivaled.

Buck
11-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Not only is the visual and gameplay superb, but the music is unrivaled.

You're damn right.

The music reminds me a lot of the score from BSG. Fucking epic.

Pants
11-17-2011, 01:24 PM
The epic chants/shouts are awesome. Goosebumps.

Haven't really noticed music outside of that. My fave OST is still probably ME1. It was just so unique and fit the mood of the game perfectly.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
The music is getting a little old after 50 hours.

Time for a mod!

WhiteWhale
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Time for a mod!

Bust out your inner maestro and get to work.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Bust out your inner maestro and get to work.

I actually ended up replacing some of the music in Oblivion with Lord of the Rings music.

But I don't know how to mod Skyrim. In Oblivion all you had to do was replace an mp3.

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 01:48 PM
If you read all the books in Farengar's room you can start a couple of quests if you read certian ones. Heh.

Buck
11-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I just downloaded a couple mods.

Glowing Ore Mod sounds pretty cool.

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Boooooo

Frazod
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I just downloaded a couple mods.

Glowing Ore Mod sounds pretty cool.

Sure would be helpful, especially for the random veins you encounter outside.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Cheapest way early on is to get married (which requires an Amulet of Mara). Their house becomes your house.

allen_kcCard
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Cheapest way early on is to get married (which requires an Amulet of Mara). Their house becomes your house.

But if it doesn't work out you lose the house and half your brooms.

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
^ ROFL

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Regarding storage/carrying capacity,

Get a companion. 1st one is apparently in Riverwood. Find the love triangle and side with the elf.

Pants
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Regarding storage/carrying capacity,

Get a companion. 1st one is apparently in Riverwood. Find the love triangle and side with the elf.

You can side with either one, apparently, because I did the opposite and still got a companion out of it. I hate them, though, so I don't think I'll ever be using one (unless the game dictates so, obviously). But yeah, you can def. stash stuff on them, they just like to move from time to time.

Buck
11-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that Skyrim Nexus site gave me a virus. It's the only non regular site I've been on and I had some AV Protection 2011 fake program come up. Luckily I recognized it as a virus and I'm getting rid of it now, but I am running a full scan now and can't play Skyrim.

Be careful with that site.

Sofa King
11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that Skyrim Nexus site gave me a virus. It's the only non regular site I've been on and I had some AV Protection 2011 fake program come up. Luckily I recognized it as a virus and I'm getting rid of it now, but I am running a full scan now and can't play Skyrim.

Are you sure it wasn't from downloading illegal recipes?

whoman69
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Time for a mod!

Led Zepplin's hits

Buck
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm sort of pissed because I was just about to upload some glorious screens when it happened.

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM

You probably got the rogue elsewhere - rogue viruses are pretty prominent via google image poisoning tactics. Either way, not really a infection - just annoying scareware that wants your money.

Fish
11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
That lucky little bastard..... Well.. other than the name...

Dragonborn of the Day (http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/11/17/dragonborn-of-the-day/)

http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/7a4b4703-dec7-4289-9a33-417a4e566549.jpg

Dragonborn of the Day: Back in February, Bethesda promised free games for life (http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/02/18/ladies-and-gentlemen-start-your-creation-engines/) to anyone who gave birth on Skyrim‘s release date (11/11/11) and named their child Dovahkiin.

Well, Megan and Eric Kellermeyer have answered the call. Their son, Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer (http://www.56shards.com/2011/11/12/an-expected-arrival/), born at 6:08 p.m. last Friday, has been verified by Bethesda as the dragonborn.

He’s going to love his parents when he’s old enough to play Bethesda games, and we’re all going to love him when he’s old enough to stop the entire world from being consumed by an angry Dragon-god.
[bethesda (http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/16/dragonborn/)]

Pants
11-17-2011, 04:01 PM
That is one red baby.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 04:33 PM
if you don't like that frost troll from early on then you don't want to go to

The Labyrinth ... it's a dam nest of those suckers

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
where is everyone putting their level up points?

all magicka
all stamina
all health

mixing?

My armor level seems pretty good but i'm still getting 1-shot a lot. I was wondering if everyone is putting point into health.

btw cave bears are no joke, charge ... pounce. 2-shots and i'm done. :(

allen_kcCard
11-17-2011, 05:15 PM
I have done mostly Magicka as a main caster, and 1-2 times to health at close to level 10 myself.

Pants
11-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Laz, it depends on your style. You don't need much stamina if all you're doing is casting spells.

Buck
11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Okay so this is the mod that adds stars to the night sky. It's pretty sweet. Not sure why these screenshots aren't as high res as they are in the game. Looks a lot better than it does here.

http://i.imgur.com/BZNQS.jpg

Here is a waterfall I found and you can see some iron ore off to the right. It's lit up in really bright purple, not as noticeable here, but in game you can really tell. That Glowing Ore mod is great.

http://i.imgur.com/VmF6W.jpg

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Sooo if you sharpen a weapon and try to put an enchantment on it..it reverts back to its old stats?

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Laz, it depends on your style. You don't need much stamina if all you're doing is casting spells.
ya, i guess i was curious the most about how many points people are putting into health. I just put my 2nd for health at level 13. Giants 1-shot me and other monsters that are uber physical damage only take a couple of shots to kill me. Cave Bear ... those great big saber tooth tigers(or whatever they are) will kill me quick if i don't have somewhere to hide.

I'm wearing mostly heavy armor with 2 points into upgrading(+40% to rating) perk.

feeling like a wuss

Buck
11-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I got my Stamina up to 200 so I can run (actually 170, I wear a particular piece of clothing that adds 30 to Stamina, Health, and Magicka).

I also have the Restoration perk that regenerates your Stamina whenever you use a Restoration perk. I can pretty much run endlessly except for the 2 seconds it takes to recharge the stamina.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
i'm wondering if taking those level points does something other than the obvious numbers.

Do you get naturally stronger when you level up?

Setsuna
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I got my Stamina up to 200 so I can run (actually 170, I wear a particular piece of clothing that adds 30 to Stamina, Health, and Magicka).

I also have the Restoration perk that regenerates your Stamina whenever you use a Restoration perk. I can pretty much run endlessly except for the 2 seconds it takes to recharge the stamina.

I'm sure that helps when you're running from battle. Wimp. :p

Buck
11-17-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm sure that helps when you're running from battle. Wimp. :p

I've only run once. The Snow Troll on the way to High Hrothgar.

I would murder that thing now.

Frazod
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
I've never downloaded any of these mods before - is there anything I should know before doing it?

Buck
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM
One of them fucked something up for me.

I think I'm going to delete them.

The walls and stuff inside one of the Dwemer mines pretty much turned into rainbow colors. Something's not right.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Don't delete them all, dumbass.

What mods did you install.

Buck
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
The night sky one, the XFAA one or whatever its called, the glowing ore, and the enhanced blood textures.

I already deleted them all.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 07:02 PM
it's XFAA

the other ones are fine

Buck
11-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll check it out later.

patteeu
11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
I've never downloaded any of these mods before - is there anything I should know before doing it?

Yes. You should know that Buck's been complaining about a virus recently.

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
:evil:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eyklq9.jpg

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Craft arrows!!!!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=490

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/490-1-1321564842.jpg

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/441-1-1321527184.jpg

KcMizzou
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, that's just weird.

Cave Johnson
11-17-2011, 08:19 PM
**** just got real on the Dark Brotherhood questline.

Pants
11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Well, that's just dumb.

FYP

ReynardMuldrake
11-17-2011, 09:02 PM
i'm wondering if taking those level points does something other than the obvious numbers.

Do you get naturally stronger when you level up?

Stamina increases your carrying capacity.

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Holy shit some of these dead priests are tough as shit.. I'm considering hunting all 9 down but ehhhhhhh may wait a bit.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 09:09 PM
alright damnit, how do you open the 3 gates with the musical stones thingies?

Buck
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Guys, he doesn't know how to use the 3 gates!

patteeu
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM

LTP Noob! :Poke:

Count Zarth
11-17-2011, 09:21 PM

There's a clue nearby whenever you see one of those riddle gates.

Which quest?

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Guys, he doesn't know how to use the 3 gates!

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsS/15459-4784.jpg

Mr. Laz
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
LTP Noob! :Poke:

my brain is tired!!! :cuss:

shout quest ... return the thing to the thing

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I meant dragon priests.. not dead priests.
This motherfucker, Krosis ... aaaarrgghhh

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/4/4c/Krosis.jpg

but I really want this..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114063854/elderscrolls/images/thumb/a/af/KROSIS.jpg/800px-KROSIS.jpg

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2011, 09:45 PM
And for fans of Oblivion, I just got Shadowmere

Buck
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
WHERE IS TEBOW MOD?

lcarus
11-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm really really trying to get into this game for PC. The graphics and environment are AMAZING. Probably best I've ever seen. The depth as far as talents, skills, and items are incredible (perhaps a little too much for me personally, but I'll learn). However, I'm finding the quests so far to be incredibly boring. I just wanna know if it gets better, or if most of the quests in the game are "go here, talk to these people, kill this, get that, go back". I guess that's all they really CAN do in a game like this, but so far it's boring me to tears.

Also, does my race (Argonian?...reptile dude) mean that I should go a certain way as far as talents and skills? Right now I'm going for a mage I suppose, since I usually make barbarians/warriors in games like this. So my left hand is for lightning right now. What should I have in my right hand? Another spell? A dagger? This game is just so deep and I'm finding myself confused, and I've played quite a few games like this, but never anything from the Elder Scrolls series.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm really really trying to get into this game for PC. The graphics and environment are AMAZING. Probably best I've ever seen. The depth as far as talents, skills, and items are incredible (perhaps a little too much for me personally, but I'll learn). However, I'm finding the quests so far to be incredibly boring. I just wanna know if it gets better, or if most of the quests in the game are "go here, talk to these people, kill this, get that, go back". I guess that's all they really CAN do in a game like this, but so far it's boring me to tears.

Also, does my race (Argonian?...reptile dude) mean that I should go a certain way as far as talents and skills? Right now I'm going for a mage I suppose, since I usually make barbarians/warriors in games like this. So my left hand is for lightning right now. What should I have in my right hand? Another spell? A dagger? This game is just so deep and I'm finding myself confused, and I've played quite a few games like this, but never anything from the Elder Scrolls series.
That's pretty much it in terms of quests.

The game is more about exploring, creating your character and equipment.

making gear
grinding talents to get what you want

as for what you use ... totally depends on your preference and the situation. You can double cast the same spell for added damage or maybe look at conjure for something to distract the mobs from you. Maybe runes for trap-like added damage. Or you can equip a sword for the melee damage when they get too close.

Fyi see if you can get into making stuff. There are tons of stuff do, from cooking your own food for healing to making armor,potions,enchanting gear to make it better. The creation part of the game is extensive.

personally i wish they had included more character control like leveling up attributes etc. Such depth for the entire game except for the key part, the character stats. :shrug:

lcarus
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
That's pretty much it in terms of quests.

The game is more about exploring, creating your character and equipment.

making gear
grinding talents to get what you want

as for what you use ... totally depends on your preference and the situation. You can double cast the same spell for added damage or maybe look at conjure for something to distract the mobs from you. Maybe runes for trap-like added damage. Or you can equip a sword for the melee damage when they get too close.

Fyi see if you can get into making stuff. There are tons of stuff do, from cooking your own food for healing to making armor,potions,enchanting gear to make it better. The creation part of the game is extensive.

personally i wish they had included more character control like leveling up attributes etc. Such depth for the entire game except for the key part, the character stats. :shrug:

Too much useless shit to pick up. Too many crates, sacks, drawers, chests to open, etc. I get that I should just run past a lot of it, but what if I miss something decent or good? It's the same issues I had with Fallout 3. Too much shit that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Pants
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Too much useless shit to pick up. Too many crates, sacks, drawers, chests to open, etc. I get that I should just run past a lot of it, but what if I miss something decent or good? It's the same issues I had with Fallout 3. Too much shit that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Yeah, they're trying to simulate reality set in a fantastic world. You don't go around picking up mugs and silver ware in real world, do you? Play the game like you want, don't make it an obsessive compulsive task.

Valiant
11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, they're trying to simulate reality set in a fantastic world. You don't go around picking up mugs and silver ware in real world, do you? Play the game like you want, don't make it an obsessive compulsive task.

Yeah, the wants you to immerse yourself into the character like a book. The collecting everything is just to get rich quicker. If you do not enjoy all the other stuff you are really playing the wrong game.

Sofa King
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM

**** yeah i do. Mugs and silverware laying all over? Hell yeah i'd pick it up. That shit is worth bank yo!

EDIT: unless it's in my house and dirty. Then i'll leave it.

Setsuna
11-18-2011, 03:34 PM
LOL I just raped the al'akir leader. Ripped his throat out.

Setsuna
11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I freaking hate Giants btw.

ChiefFripp
11-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I didn't quit my first session of this game until I reached level 11. Not surprising considering i liked Morrowinnd, FO3 and FO3:NV.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I freaking hate Giants btw.
one good shot from a giant and i'm dead

and they seem to have some kind of AOE on that club hit so i you lose health even if they don't hit you directly. I always make sure i have a rock ledge or something to jump to before attacking a giant.

Buck
11-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I can only play this game for like an hour at a time now. For some reason I like reading about it more than playing it.

I'm at 48 hours right now.

Valiant
11-18-2011, 06:28 PM
And for fans of Oblivion, I just got Shadowmere

Yeah I heard it only has one life.. So once it dies..

QuikSsurfer
11-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah I heard it only has one life.. So once it dies..

Health bar is sufficient though - just have to treat it as a companion.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I can only play this game for like an hour at a time now. For some reason I like reading about it more than playing it.

I'm at 48 hours right now.
Yea, that's a Bethesda weakness. I can feel the same Oblivion burnout coming along in Skyrim. Don't get me wrong they make the most beautiful gaming worlds in the history of gaming but at the same time the have chosen to continue to simplify the character development at the same rate.

Most games allow you to choose attribute points or something. The more points you put into strength the greater the melee damage. The more in dex the greater the archery etc. Bethesda takes that sense of improving away from you. AS FAR AS I KNOW, leveling up a particular skill doesn't make it better or stronger it just allows you to unlock perks to improve the skill. Many of the perks don't make them stronger they just make they more convenient.

It seriously takes away from the character development and turns the game into more of a grind. I mean after you pick so many flowers and mine so much ore you will tend to get tired of it. AS FAR AS I KNOW, the only way to improvement your character is better equipment and perks. (i consider spells equipment)

a person with a sword that does 20 damage with 0 skill points in 2H swords will do the same 20 damage with 100 still points in 2H swords. Only perks and a better sword improves that. It's especially bad with magic since magic doesn't even have the initial perk that increases % damage like melee. Magic just reduces the cost of casting. :(

At least the illusion of character control/building would help tremendously.

Count Zarth
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Nothing like messing with the console commands.

http://i.imgur.com/8xmJ4.jpg

UqKuX_rzimc

Apparently there is a gate to Cyrodiil in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/RuU6X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iTVf6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h3bNc.jpg

Setsuna
11-18-2011, 08:08 PM
one good shot from a giant and i'm dead

and they seem to have some kind of AOE on that club hit so i you lose health even if they don't hit you directly. I always make sure i have a rock ledge or something to jump to before attacking a giant.

True dat. Oh and I'm going to join every group in skyrim except the thieves guild.

Count Zarth
11-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Why not the thieves guild?

Frazod
11-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I've downloaded some mods and my overall performance is better. Still one problem that's driving me nuts - I keep getting crashes whenever I enchant items. I can make potions and smith all day, but enchanting just ruins my shit. I have to do one item at a time, exit the table, go back and maybe do two more, then leave the area and come back. What a pain in the ass.

:cuss:

Hope the patch coming out next week fixes this shit.

Frazod
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh, and the mod that removes the female characters' underwear is kind of cool. I just wish they had bigger tits. :D

KILLER_CLOWN
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh, and the mod that removes the female characters' underwear is kind of cool. I just wish they had bigger tits. :D

If there's a will, there's a mod!

Count Zarth
11-18-2011, 11:47 PM
HD textures on the way.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=607

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/images/607-3-1321664873.jpg

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 01:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/g6jDw.gif

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 01:34 AM
:rockon:

http://i.imgur.com/omQr4.jpg

Jayhawkerman2001
11-19-2011, 01:59 AM
this game is so flipping fun!!!!!!!!!!!!1

evenfall
11-19-2011, 05:51 AM
I wasted a whole night on this game earlier in the week, traded it in the following morning. Felt like a slug. It's too much fun and I'm too busy for that...haha.

SomeRandomGirl
11-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Ok so my husband just showed me this thread and I'm stoked.

What's the best dungeon you've come across so far and why? I don't care if it had the most loot or took the longest to navigate, I'm just curious which dungeon you liked the most.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Dwarven ruins are the coolest shit in this game.

So I'm assigned a Dark Bro. contract and I fulfill it. The guy I killed was hiding out with bandits in some dwarven ruins. I kill him and start exploring deeper. After passing many traps and bots (and killing some of the bots with clever use of the traps lol dumb bots), I come to a room filled with Falmer and lots of clanking gears.

After dispatching all the falmer, who are blind, and literally don't see me in front of their face even if I'm not sneaking, I discover that all the gears in the place are not working. They're all jammed with something, including bones, like a human spine (uck, nice touch, Bethesda). So I remove the instruments jamming the gears and they all start to whir.

I punch the button to get out of this place (or so I thought) and BAM. This giant door slams down and a huge dwarven centurion comes clanking out. EPIC MOMENT!

I kill the 'bot, go into the next room and there's this mysterious dwarven mechanism, which won't activate because I don't have the right piece. Off to find it.

Cave Johnson
11-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Level 32, just got a glitch where I'm always in 3rd person & can't move. Doesn't matter which save. F*** me.

Shaid
11-19-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm way too impatient.

I was in the beginning, but have since just hit read and then exited.

I bought Oblivion, got through 1 gate. Got through a 2nd gate and realized how repetitive it was and never touched it again.

If you play Oblivion, do not start the main quest at all until you go through and do all the other quests you want to do. That prevents to annoying gates from popping up all the time. The only thing they are good for is daedric armor but I'd rather not even mess with them.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Blackreach is amaaaaaaaaazing.

Frazod
11-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Level 32, just got a glitch where I'm always in 3rd person & can't move. Doesn't matter which save. F*** me.

I get that one when I'm enchanting - it freezes all the keyboard commands. Had a dungeon this morning where it crashed my computer about five times. Once I got through it, no more problems.

I love this game, but it's twitchier than a crackhead on a week long bender. :banghead:

Cave Johnson
11-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I get that one when I'm enchanting - it freezes all the keyboard commands. Had a dungeon this morning where it crashed my computer about five times. Once I got through it, no more problems.

I love this game, but it's twitchier than a crackhead on a week long bender. :banghead:

Yeah, a complete restart and deleting the installed game from the 360 didn't work either. I'm down to deleting all my saves or waiting until the glitch is patched.

God f***ing dammit.

Pants
11-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, old saves, a complete restart, and deleting the installed game from the 360 didn't work. I'm down to deleting all my saves or waiting until the glitch is patched.

God f****** dammit.

Wait, you can't start a new game? Clear your Xbox cache.

Buck
11-19-2011, 01:40 PM
God Damn Pittsie.

Bethesda strikes again.

lcarus
11-19-2011, 01:40 PM
This game looks so awesome. I think I have to hook my PC up to my 60 inch now.

Buck
11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
This game looks so awesome. I think I have to hook my PC up to my 60 inch now.

I hooked it up to my 47".

To be honest it looks better on my 23.6" monitor.

Cave Johnson
11-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Wait, you can't start a new game? Clear your Xbox cache.

I can start one but can't move after the dragon strikes.

kysirsoze
11-19-2011, 01:55 PM
That's why you're having so much fun.

I had never played an Elder Scrolls game or an open world RPG before Oblivion and that game owned me.

Morrowind was my first. Blew me the fuck away. I spent so much fucking time playing that. Plus, to make it even nerdier, I replaced the music in the game with the LOtR score. It was even situation appropriate so the Nazgul and battle music came in when I was in combat. Geek heaven.

Pants
11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I can start one but can't move after the dragon strikes.

Clear your cache, man. You don't install the game on an operating system when playing on a console, the whole thing can't just get corrupted. This is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.

Cave Johnson
11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Crisis averted. Moving all save files to USB did the trick.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
This is so cool. Mega spoilers (not main quest).

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUKDE1LhRhU?hd=1

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 04:47 PM
nice view

http://i43.tinypic.com/30vm6j5.jpg

SomeRandomGirl
11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
This is so cool. Mega spoilers (not main quest).

Is that a computer mod to "fly" around for that video? I'm only 20ish hours in and I've not come to anyplace like that yet. That dungeon looks awesome.

I've only just joined the thieves guild. My husband keeps ragging on me for the fact that my thieves guild armor was better than what I had on already. Whatever. He likes to fight and kill things, I like to steal and sneak. I'll clear the crap out of a house if given the chance.

I'm still so giddy and I've been playing for how long?

Buck
11-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Is that a computer mod to "fly" around for that video? I'm only 20ish hours in and I've not come to anyplace like that yet. That dungeon looks awesome.

I've only just joined the thieves guild. My husband keeps ragging on me for the fact that my thieves guild armor was better than what I had on already. Whatever. He likes to fight and kill things, I like to steal and sneak. I'll clear the crap out of a house if given the chance.

All you have to do is turn off collision in the console commands to fly around like that.

You do so by pressing the ` (or ~) key and type tcl

Frazod
11-19-2011, 06:39 PM
I feel kind of bad about this, but now I'm not only a werewolf, but also a cannibal.

And to think my high school guidance counselor said I'd never amount to anything..... :evil:

Mr. Laz
11-19-2011, 06:44 PM
All you have to do is turn off collision in the console commands to fly around like that.

You do so by pressing the ` (or ~) key and type tcli climb mountains all the time and get views like that. If you know how, you can go up a wall that's almost completely vertical.

Buck
11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Toggling off the Collision is so much easier.

Oh look, a huge ass mountain in between me and my destination, I'll just turn off collision.

The inability to climb peaks in all Bethesda games has always pissed me off. I've always played on Console and now that I have it for PC, I'm sure as hell going to use that tactic to make things a little easier.

Frazod
11-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Oh look, a huge ass mountain in between me and my destination, I'll just turn off collision.

The inability to climb peaks in all Bethesda games has always pissed me off. I've always played on Console and now that I have it for PC, I'm sure as hell going to use that tactic to make things a little easier.

Wasn't aware of that - I'll try it.

Always pisses me off, my uber-strong super heroic character with a truck load of skills and abilities can't climb up a slope my fat ass could take in real life. :spock:

Mr. Laz
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
where's the 'ingredients weighs nothing' mod?

a million little flowers adds up and the overloaded crap is annoying enough already

hell, let's make potions weigh nothing too while we are at it.

Frazod
11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
where's the 'ingredients weighs nothing' mod?

a million little flowers adds up and the overloaded crap is annoying enough already

hell, let's make potions weigh nothing too while we are at it.

Just pick a spot to store them. I used the barrels by the blacksmith shop in Whiterun until I bought the house, which is right next door to it.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 10:32 PM
The players guide is #9 on the top 100 selling books on Amazon right now

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 10:33 PM

I just freaking post a screenshot of me at the top of a peak, bro.

There is a way up most peaks, especially if you're on a horse. Oh, you don't use horses, even though they're pretty awesome for getting around when you want to gallop.

Stop cheating your way through the game.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 10:34 PM

It's not a mod. Most Bethesda games in this engine let you open the console and enter commands. I just dropped down the console (tilde) and typed tfc for "toggle fly cam." That's how developers make trailers.

Buck
11-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I just freaking post a screenshot of me at the top of a peak, bro.

There is a way up most peaks, especially if you're on a horse. Oh, you don't use horses, even though they're pretty awesome for getting around when you want to gallop.

Stop cheating your way through the game.

I really don't consider toggling collision only to climb peaks a cheat.

So I might miss a random encounter with a Wolf or Bandits by not going around and taking the long way up...so what?

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM
I really don't consider toggling collision only to climb peaks a cheat.

So I might miss a random encounter with a Wolf or Bandits by not going around and taking the long way up...so what?

You might miss a lot more than that. In fact there is usually a road up the mountain, you just need to find it.

Buck
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe.

I'm finishing the Thieves Guild quests now and then I'm going to go ahead and finish the main quest and run through it without changing anything. No cheating at all.

I've been adding gold to my inventory with console commands, need to not do that next time.

Count Zarth
11-19-2011, 10:52 PM
lol, I did that in Oblivion.

But now I have 30k gold and nothing to spend it on (level 34). :(

ReynardMuldrake
11-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Today I fell off a cliff at Dragontooth Gorge and actually died by landing on a dragon. That was funny.

Buck
11-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I spent most of my gold on training.

SomeRandomGirl
11-20-2011, 04:46 AM
It's not a mod. Most Bethesda games in this engine let you open the console and enter commands. I just dropped down the console (tilde) and typed tfc for "toggle fly cam." That's how developers make trailers.

Ok, I was just curious. I'm on PS3, so I wouldn't be able to do it regardless.

My husband has constant glitch going on in the Jorrvaskr. There is a splatter? stream? spray? of blood that is just floating in mid-air in the bedrooms in the basement. He can walk through it with nothing happening, but it won't go away. It's cracked me up a few times.

Does anyone know how the storage containers and such work in the towns? For example, I'd like to store some stuff in a town I don't own a house in yet. Can I store it in any random barrel and it will still be there? Before getting my first house, I just found a random spot on the ground to drop it all not knowing how it would work.
Bah, nevermind, I just found the answer by goating this thread.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Just pick a spot to store them. I used the barrels by the blacksmith shop in Whiterun until I bought the house, which is right next door to it.
dude, that's my spot!!!

I wondered where they other junk was coming from ... leave all my dragon scales alone. Hehe ... there are 2 barrels outside that shop, which one did you pick? I'm got the one nearest the road. :D :thumb:

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 09:25 AM
btw ... finally figured out the hotkey/favorite thing. (i know, i'm slow)

it helps a ton ... can finally dual equip stuff without fighting it for 5 minutes. I kept trying to push the hotkey button in the main favorite menu. Didn't even know about that small popup favorite window because i had changed key settings and had assigned the F key to another function. :facepalm:

Frazod
11-20-2011, 09:30 AM
dude, that's my spot!!!

I wondered where they other junk was coming from ... leave all my dragon scales alone. Hehe ... there are 2 barrels outside that shop, which one did you pick? I'm got the one nearest the road. :D :thumb:

I used one for food/ingredients, the other for weapons, armor and miscellaneous crap.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 09:45 AM
I used one for food/ingredients, the other for weapons, armor and miscellaneous crap.
It's just funny that out of the million barrels in the place we both chose the same ones to store crap. LMAO

Dave Lane
11-20-2011, 10:01 AM
WHERE IS TEBOW MOD?

Isn't that God mode?

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Spot the dragon.

http://i.imgur.com/xjEOd.jpg

QuikSsurfer
11-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Ok, I was just curious. I'm on PS3, so I wouldn't be able to do it regardless.

My husband has constant glitch going on in the Jorrvaskr. There is a splatter? stream? spray? of blood that is just floating in mid-air in the bedrooms in the basement. He can walk through it with nothing happening, but it won't go away. It's cracked me up a few times.

Does anyone know how the storage containers and such work in the towns? For example, I'd like to store some stuff in a town I don't own a house in yet. Can I store it in any random barrel and it will still be there? Before getting my first house, I just found a random spot on the ground to drop it all not knowing how it would work.
Bah, nevermind, I just found the answer by goating this thread.

Are you a Chiefs fan?

SomeRandomGirl
11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Are you a Chiefs fan?

Absolutely. But don't tell those donkey loving bastards in Whiterun about it, mkay?

SomeRandomGirl
11-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Spot the dragon.

You got me man. I looked for about 25 seconds and then gave up.

mnchiefsguy
11-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Spot the dragon.

http://i.imgur.com/xjEOd.jpg

Upper left hand corner? Looks like a dragon face carved in the rock.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:26 PM
lol, no.

It's a real dragon.

Setsuna
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Why not the thieves guild?

Idk. They try to act tough and enjoy bending people over barrels. I'm not down with that.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 12:32 PM
so you are not part of the dark brotherhood either?

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I've been trying to decide between this and Dark Souls, thoughts?

QuikSsurfer
11-20-2011, 02:15 PM

Did you play Demon's Souls and enjoy it?

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Did you play Demon's Souls and enjoy it?

I've never played it actually...

Frazod
11-20-2011, 02:20 PM

Seriously, you'd probably be happier if you wait a couple of weeks on Skyrim until they can come up with the first major patch.

These goddamn bugs and glitches are about to drive me out of my mind. So far today the game's crashed three times and my computer's crashed twice. It's fucking maddening. :banghead:

QuikSsurfer
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I've never played it actually...

It's a game of a different breed, mostly because of its difficult. I've sunken nearly 70 hours into Dark Souls. I'd pick it up from redbox and give it a try.

Buy Skyrim.

Mecca
Seriously, you'd probably be happier if you wait a couple of weeks on Skyrim until they can come up with the first major patch.

These goddamn bugs and glitches are about to drive me out of my mind. So far today the game's crashed three times and my computer's crashed twice. It's fucking maddening. :banghead:

It'd be a christmas gift..I'm still working on Arkham City right now.

QuikSsurfer

Not a serious problem on PS3 -- the system he'd be buying it for.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
It's a game of a different breed, mostly because of its difficult. I've sunken nearly 70 hours into Dark Souls. I'd pick it up from redbox and give it a try.

Buy Skyrim.

The guy at gamestop said Skyrim in like a second and basically explained that Dark Souls would piss me off to no end.

Mecca
11-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Not a serious problem on PS3 -- the system he'd be buying it for.

Well I have a 360 and a PS3 so either or.

QuikSsurfer
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Well I have a 360 and a PS3 so either or.

Same. I chose PS3 because it doesn't seem to have AS BAD of a texture issue as the 360 does. I nearly said fuck it though and picked up 360 version (mostly for achievements, fuck you) but my 360 tray is having issues reading from disc. That and I have this brand new slim blu-ray player/PS3.

Count Zarth
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Get you some enhanced shaders, PC peeps.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=822

console users, suck it

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 06:36 PM
ran into a blood dragon .... much harder

QuikSsurfer
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
ran into a blood dragon .... much harder

Yup, I just fought my first one (level 19) on a Dark Brotherhood quest -- very satisfying battle.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Yup, I just fought my first one (level 19) on a Dark Brotherhood quest -- very satisfying battle.

just wait until a get my dual summons atronach perk

will be bombarding everything from 3 difference directions. :D

Buck
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Really? I've fought like 8 of those bitches already.

Still have yet to see a Legendary Dragon or higher though (other than named quest ones).

pr_capone
11-21-2011, 03:11 AM
finally got past all the glitches. seriously diggin skyrim. At level 8 right now and I am now a home owner!

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Got this game. Level 4. Owning some bitches. Haven't fought anything really hard yet. Will be playing alot more this week now that my deer hunting is done.

patteeu
11-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Got this game. Level 4. Owning some bitches. Haven't fought anything really hard yet. Will be playing alot more this week now that my deer hunting is done.

What level did you make it to in deer hunting?

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 07:47 AM
What level did you make it to in deer hunting?

Level 150 5/8th. My weapon of choice was a Hunters Bow. I also acquired many pounds of venison from 4 does.

Frazod
11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm at either 34 or 35 now. Finally past the mustplayeverywakingminute phase.

It's amazing how much I haven't done yet - still haven't made contact with the assassins or thieves guilds, just started the mages college stuff.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm at either 34 or 35 now. Finally past the mustplayeverywakingminute phase.

It's amazing how much I haven't done yet - still haven't made contact with the assassins or thieves guilds, just started the mages college stuff.
i still don't know where Mage college even is

level 19 ... you're still kicking my ass :sulk:

Fried Meat Ball!
11-21-2011, 11:30 AM

North of Winterhold. I think I'm level 33... not sure. I've also gotten past the "must play every moment" phase. Yesterday, I actually took a break for a few hours and caught up on the DVR.

Pants
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM

I wish my guy would level slower. Seems like I'm gaining levels too fast doing unimportant stuff like blacksmithing, healing, lockpicking and selling stuff but my Heavy Armor and One-Handed are lagging.

I don't know how many hours I've already drained in this, but I'm not even out of Whiterun yet. I think Bethesda outdid themselves in this game as far as scale goes. This thing is just absolutely ****ing massive in terms of content. I would have given this game an A+ if they had gotten their loot system right.

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Finally experienced my first dragon in whiterun. only a lvl 4 when i met him but i walked right through him. Hit him with my lightning until he was low then 1 shot finished him with my mace.

Pretty awesome so far.

Pants
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Finally experienced my first dragon in whiterun. only a lvl 4 when i met him but i walked right through him. Hit him with my lightning until he was low then 1 shot finished him with my mace.

Pretty awesome so far.

Yeah, that one was pretty easy. Most of them have been pretty easy so far actually. It just annoys me when they fly around... I don't use any offensive spells (the only spell I ever use is healing myself) and my bow does shit for damage to that thing. I have to wait till one lands and then I bumrush the **** out of it using my 2 axes. Do a bunch of damage and it takes off again. GAH! Stay put, you stupid ****ing dragon!

Frazod
11-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Go north, young man. :)

Pants
11-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Kind of a funny story... I was running around scouting the areas around Whiterun at like level 7 or something. I saw a giant and a couple of mammoths just chilling. I was like oh wow, cool, finally I get to see one of these things everybody always talk about. I walked up to the giant thinking he would pay no attention to me, well, lo and behold, the dude turns on me. I'm like, bitch please, I'm a dual-wielding champion, clad in heavy armor, come at me, bro! That damn giant smashed me so hard, my broken corpse literally flew up like 100 feet in the air. I could see Whiterun from the sky and everything. Fucking things are overpowered.

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 01:02 PM
http://2.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/24/96/ebdc370fb3ccf05bbce2c95fd28bef6d.jpg

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/76/61/655efa6e4fe0167fe6431f7c1ffa223e.jpg

Buck
11-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Kind of a funny story... I was running around scouting the areas around Whiterun at like level 7 or something. I saw a giant and a couple of mammoths just chilling. I was like oh wow, cool, finally I get to see one of these things everybody always talk about. I walked up to the giant thinking he would pay no attention to me, well, lo and behold, the dude turns on me. I'm like, bitch please, I'm a dual-wielding champion, clad in heavy armor, come at me, bro! That damn giant smashed me so hard, my broken corpse literally flew up like 100 feet in the air. I could see Whiterun from the sky and everything. Fucking things are overpowered.

LOL.

I'm almost a 30 and I won't fuck with a Giant.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-21-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL.

I'm almost a 30 and I won't **** with a Giant.

I will, but only from long distances and while in sneak.

Count Zarth
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I can 2-shot a giant.

I fear nothing in this game.

Sofa King
11-21-2011, 02:37 PM
I can 2-shot a giant.

I fear nothing in this game.

HAXOR!

Count Zarth
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Nope.

Archery + high sneak + 100 smithing just seems to be overpowered.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Nope.

Archery + high sneak + 100 smithing just seems to be overpowered.

Yeah, I can usual 4 or 5 shot 'em. Archery + high sneak (level 76). They're dumb, and if you find a little hole or shadows, they'll walk right by you.

Pestilence
11-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Can you guys stop talking about this game? It's making me really want to go and buy this shit.

Buck
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Doesn't it get boring when you get to the point where you can one-shot things, guys?

Frazod
11-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Doesn't it get boring when you get to the point where you can one-shot things, guys?

Nah, I kind of like it. One shot, one kill. :bang:

Pants
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Do the bows have awesome instant kill slow-mo animations like the melee weapons? I love smashing a head in or decapitating a foe. Very satisfying.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Do the bows have awesome instant kill slow-mo animations like the melee weapons? I love smashing a head in or decapitating a foe. Very satisfying.

Not that I've seen. Too bad, too. Would love to see a slow-mo shot of an arrow going through a dude's skull or something.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-21-2011, 03:22 PM
By the way... the Storm Call shout is freakin' awesome. Testing it out, I took out a whole town, and only personally killed two people.

Setsuna
11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Question: How powerful can those conjured weapons be?

Mr. Laz
11-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Ii can't get Skyrim to recognize mod files. The data file spot stays greyed out. I went into the .ini file and enabled it.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Nah, I kind of like it. One shot, one kill. :bang:

call me when you get 1 shot, 2 kills

http://www.everythingaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Tom_Berenger_Sniper.jpg

Mr. Laz
11-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I had a cave bear charge me so I thought i would be cute and back into the river so he couldn't get me. He followed so slid sideways and bolted out of the river heading for high ground. I turn to see how close cave bear was and he was still in the water splashing around. I'm like WTF is going on with this bear. I walk slowly towards water and bear is just laying there is a pool of his own blood. I checked the little bar that shows hostile dots and bear was surrounded by like 8-9 red dots.

Bear had charged right into school of slaughterfish that were about to kill my ass and he paid the price.

so much for water being safe :eek:

Pants
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I had a cave bear charge me so I thought i would be cute and back into the river so he couldn't get me. He followed so slid sideways and bolted out of the river heading for high ground. I turn to see how close cave bear was and he was still in the water splashing around. I'm like WTF is going on with this bear. I walk slowly towards water and bear is just laying there is a pool of his own blood. I checked the little bar that shows hostile dots and bear was surrounded by like 8-9 red dots.

Bear had charged right into school of slaughterfish that were about to kill my ass and he paid the price.

so much for water being safe :eek:

I saw a dumb sabertooth charge a mammoth once.

drunkie
11-21-2011, 06:08 PM
you guys should not hide from giants. farm them they are one of the best ways to get gold fast. they also always have hides so you can level your smithing. i have the game on the master level an i still 1 shot the giants. the giants hit hard but they never get close to me. sneak an arrow to the head. smithing an enchanting is your friend
make a cheap set of leather armor an fill it with max smithing enchants an so on i think you get the point. also use enchant and blacksmith potion. when your enchanting max out enchanting so your enchants are more powerful. when sharpen your armor do all the smithing stuff. when done right you can make stuff like this.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/justsomedrunk/understandmemaker.jpg
that is a sword a friend of mines made doing this

i like the game it is great in so many areas. but it is just retardly easy. i stopped playing as i done pretty much all of the real quests already. i am not doing the endless random ones. an i skipped the bards cuz well they just seemed to gay

SomeRandomGirl
11-21-2011, 06:53 PM
you guys should not hide from giants. farm them they are one of the best ways to get gold fast. they also always have hides so you can level your smithing. i have the game on the master level an i still 1 shot the giants. the giants hit hard but they never get close to me. sneak an arrow to the head. smithing an enchanting is your friend.
make a cheap set of leather armor an fill it with max smithing enchants an so on i think you get the point. also use enchant and blacksmith potion. when your enchanting max out enchanting so your enchants are more powerful. when sharpen your armor do all the smithing stuff. when done right you can make stuff like this.

that is a sword a friend of mines made doing this

i like the game it is great in so many areas. but it is just retardly easy. i stopped playing as i done pretty much all of the real quests already. i am not doing the endless random ones. an i skipped the bards cuz well they just seemed to gay

And now I see why CP is so hard on new members. This whole post made my head hurt. Thanks for making the rest of us lurkers who post now and again look stupid.

drunkie
11-21-2011, 07:46 PM
And now I see why CP is so hard on new members. This whole post made my head hurt. Thanks for making the rest of us lurkers who post now and again look stupid.

you look stupid, cuz your a stupid bitch . don't try to blame me for your failures. now get over yourself an find a friend.

Frazod
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
you look stupid, cuz your a stupid bitch . don't try to blame me for your failures. now get over yourself an find a friend.

You certainly haven't posted much over the years. Keep it up.

Buck
11-22-2011, 02:51 AM
This is pretty useful.

http://i.imgur.com/UaW9J.jpg

allen_kcCard
11-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Right now I am really underpowered feeling at just under level 20 or so.

Trying to go full caster and running into some problems with it. I can one shot most lesser things, but harder named things, dragons and giants are a lot harder and I end up with a 2h weapon slashing at the end to kill them, but with no stamina, and half as much hps as mana.

I am using apprentice lightning bolt, and have the adept chain lightning, but it costs too much mana to cast more than once, and I can't get destrction to go up enough still to get the perk to make apprentice spells cost half. I guess I need to use the apprentice trainer more, but that is getting expensive, and it is a pain to go back to them every level to try to max out using that.

Been trying to use archery more, but that just goes against what I intended for the character for the most part.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Right now I am really underpowered feeling at just under level 20 or so.

Trying to go full caster and running into some problems with it. I can one shot most lesser things, but harder named things, dragons and giants are a lot harder and I end up with a 2h weapon slashing at the end to kill them, but with no stamina, and half as much hps as mana.

I am using apprentice lightning bolt, and have the adept chain lightning, but it costs too much mana to cast more than once, and I can't get destrction to go up enough still to get the perk to make apprentice spells cost half. I guess I need to use the apprentice trainer more, but that is getting expensive, and it is a pain to go back to them every level to try to max out using that.

Been trying to use archery more, but that just goes against what I intended for the character for the most part.

you shouldn't really use the trainers. it isn't worth the gold. how have you been using your state points? being caster only you really do not need any points in stam, or life. you use a range attack so you should not be getting hit much. i would only get magicka if i was you till you had a big pool.i am a big fan of being a glass cannon.

the best fix you could do right now is stock magicka regen enchants on all your armors.you can switch the enchants back to some kinda damage dealing once the magicka problem is fixed

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 07:27 AM

LMAO

Nice work. I knew you were gonna blow up on this chick.

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 07:30 AM
you shouldn't really use the trainers. it isn't worth the gold. how have you been using your state points? being caster only you really do not need any points in stam, or life. you use a range attack so you should not be getting hit much. i would only get magicka if i was you till you had a big pool.i am a big fan of being a glass cannon.

the best fix you could do right now is stock magicka regen enchants on all your armors.you can switch the enchants back to some kinda damage dealing once the magicka problem is fixed

Actually. I'm trying to build a magic user as well. I really don't want to use archery seeing as how everyone else already has.

Really wondering how i'm going to go about it since i haven't played much elder scrolls in the past.