PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Elder Scrolls V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Sofa King
12-01-2011, 08:34 AM
I've still not decided who i want to join. The Legion or the stormcloaks. I think i would have already chosen if not for the "underdog" feeling. But those Stormcloaks are fucking assholes, so i'll eventually join the Legion I'm sure.

QuikSsurfer
12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
So any favorite main quests stand out for anyone?

So far i liked "A night to remember", the drinking contest in Whiterun.

LOL this was also one of my favorites. And this was a MISC quest, I believe.

Fairplay
12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I've still not decided who i want to join. The Legion or the stormcloaks. I think i would have already chosen if not for the "underdog" feeling. But those Stormcloaks are ****ing assholes, so i'll eventually join the Legion I'm sure.

I joined the legion and i have been doing stuff for the Nords a lot also. Can't believe i haven't gone to speak to the Grey beards i keep putting that off all the time.

On a side note:
A few side errands i have done, then i was suppose to go back and speak to so and so and when i do they just ramble on and don't reply to me. I don't know what is going on with that. But the arrow keeps pointing at their head so i'm like wtf?

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
If you steal, people will get 'hired thugs' to attack you.

Happens to me all the time. Usually there's three of them with pretty good armor and often they have enchanted weapons. Great for looting. I like it when they attack me, cos I just punk them out anyway. That bitch Arcadia from whiterun sends thugs after me all the time cos I pickpocket her after training my alchemy.

I've never seen a name on the dark brotherhood contract when they attack you. Just an order to kill you.

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL this was also one of my favorites. And this was a MISC quest, I believe.

It starts as an objective, but it's a Daedric quest. The reward is an AWESOME artifact that I use the hell out of.

Fairplay
12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
It starts as an objective, but it's a Daedric quest. The reward is an AWESOME artifact that I use the hell out of.

I use the Mace of Molag Bol i got from it, i use it second only to my Bow.

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I use the Mace of Molag Bol i got from it, i use it second only to my Bow.

Yeah, I found that quest, but didn't finish it yet.

The 'Hangover' quest (a night to remember) nets

The Sanguine Rose, which summons a demora lord

Fairplay
12-01-2011, 11:00 AM

Yeah, forgot i had that. Never used it. Is that at one time use?

QuikSsurfer
12-01-2011, 11:00 AM

I believe that item was also in Oblivion.. I vaguely remember it.

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah, forgot i had that. Never used it. Is that at one time use?

Nah, it's a staff you can recharge. I carry it everywhere in case I need a distraction against a tough baddie.

I believe that item was also in Oblivion.. I vaguely remember it.

Most Daedric artifacts appeared in Oblivion, but it summoned a random Daedra and it was only a 20 sec summon. So I never used it.

It's much better this time around. I use it a lot.

Frazod
12-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Can you use that thing to summon a daedra, then kill it and get it's heart for crafting?

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Can you use that thing to summon a daedra, then kill it and get it's heart for crafting?

Nah

It disappears when it dies. Honestly I've never tried so I cannot say for absolute certain.

I remember in Morrowind you could summon Dremora (or any Daedra), kill them, and harvest their awesome weapons to sell.

Frazod
12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Nah

It disappears when it dies. Honestly I've never tried so I cannot say for absolute certain.

I remember in Morrowind you could summon Dremora (or any Daedra), kill them, and harvest their awesome weapons to sell.

DAMMIT CARL :cuss:

Buck
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Seriously? Already? Do you do ANYTHING in real life?

Hell no I don't.

This is the life of the unemployed.

Buck
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Regarding the Sanguine Rose.

It's probably the most powerful tool in the game.

Getting overrun by Draugur in a dungeon? Spawn the Dremora near the group of enemies and they will focus on him. He is strong as fuck and will probably kill them all too.

Edit: I just found this out last night after using it for the first time. I was sort of sad that it took me until the final mission of the main quest to use it.

Frazod
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Hell no I don't.

The sad part is I have more hours than you, and I'm married and have a job.

I just never sleep. :D

loochy
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Hell no I don't.

You've got to turn this into some kind of profession. Start doing video game reviews and put them on youtube or something

Buck
12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
The sad part is I have more hours than you, and I'm married and have a job.

I just never sleep. :D

2 of my friends just got back from Afghanistan so I've been hanging out with them, or else I'd probably have 150-175.

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Getting overrun by Draugur in a dungeon? Spawn the Dremora near the group of enemies and they will focus on him. He is strong as **** and will probably kill them all too.

Edit: I just found this out last night after using it for the first time. I was sort of sad that it took me until the final mission of the main quest to use it.

I first used it when I got the Staff of Magnus.

Mr. Lord did all the work and got all the attention while I shot arrows up his ass. He did manage to kill my dremora once, and I just summoned another right away.

Of course NOW I can kill pretty much everything with one swing of my ungodly powerful sword arm.

Fairplay
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM

Getting overrun by Draugur in a dungeon? Spawn the Dremora near the group of enemies and they will focus on him. He is strong as **** and will probably kill them all too.

Heh, i just tested it out. Pretty cool.

Question: How do you recharge the staff.

WhiteWhale
12-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Soul gems right?

Mine hasn't run out of charge yet... I just assumed you charged it like any other staff.

Buck
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM

To recharge it, you need to use a filled soul gem. Go to the items menu. Choose weapons, hover over Sanguine Rose and press T (if on PC) to charge it. If you're not on PC, I don't know what the button is. I think it takes a black soul gem to refill the charge all the way.

Fairplay
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
To recharge it, you need to use a filled soul gem. Go to the items menu. Choose weapons, hover over Sanguine Rose and press T (if on PC) to charge it. If you're not on PC, I don't know what the button is. I think it takes a black soul gem to refill the charge all the way.

Thanks. I'm a noob at little things like that in these games.

I know there are many items that i should or could use but i just carry them around or sell them.

Like i said, i will conjur atronach, use bow and my mace. That is pretty much it.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
what do you do with soul gem fragments?

what do you do with the unique unknown gems?

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
And how do you drop unwanted quest items? I'm not a thief, I don't give a shit about your guild or your shitty mysterious gemstones. Oooh, they're so mysterious! Get the fuck out of my inventory.

ReynardMuldrake
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Oh, and here's an undroppable 25-pound slab for you to carry around. QUEST ITEM.

Buck
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
what do you do with soul gem fragments?

what do you do with the unique unknown gems?

take them to the thieve's guild

MoreLemonPledge
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee

I used to love this meme, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Count Zarth
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Dark Brotherhood questline was pretty weak.

QuikSsurfer
12-01-2011, 04:01 PM

I thought so too

Count Zarth
12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Mas.

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Creation Kit — Beginning in January, PC players will be able to download for free the same development tools we used at Bethesda Game Studios to create Skyrim. In tandem with the Creation Kit’s release, we will roll out a new Wiki and videos to help you get started. It also features something we think you’re going to love…

Steam Workshop – We’re excited to share news that we’ve been working closely with Valve to integrate Steam Workshop into the Creation Kit. Using the Workshop, you’ll have free user content with the push of a button. The Creation Kit will bundle your mod and upload it to the Workshop, where everyone can browse, rate, and flag mods for download. You’ll be able to do this from any web device, including your smartphone. Like a live Netflix queue, when you fire up Skyrim, mods you flagged will be automatically downloaded and installed. Everyone here is really excited about the opportunities and possibilities this opens up for our entire community.

Prefer to use existing modding sites? Not a problem. You’ll still be able to upload/share/access Skyrim mods on fan-created mod sites.

Continued Game Updates – This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.

After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.

We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

Count Zarth
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/wkqvjk.jpg

Urc Burry
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Man this is the first Elder Scrolls game i've played, and I just did the main quest about the whole time and beat it by level 15... regret that :shake:

Frazod
12-01-2011, 07:16 PM

That sucks. That was the best part of Oblivion, IMO. :(

Mr. Laz
12-01-2011, 08:05 PM
i must admit, the dwarven mine is kinda freaking me out a little bit.

maybe i have a thing for mechanical spiders

QuikSsurfer
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM

I hit my first one at around level 7 -- i left that scary place and came back when I could sneaky one shot those crawly fucks. The "guardian spheres" are tough as shit.

Count Zarth
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Wait til you get your own to control.

:D

Frazod
12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Heh. Just advanced from Level 47 to 48 in about 20 minutes. Found a lair with a couple of bandit sentries - greased one, got the other one down to about a quarter of his health, and then just let him beat on me, alternating between healing, blocking and just letting him hit me. Fucker never quit - I raised light armor, blocking and restoration until I hit the next level, then I chopped his head off and went on my way.

It seemed so wrong, but felt so right. :evil:

And with regard to my computer, I'm going to upgrade weekend after next - so for now I'm playing at low quality graphics level and HOLY SHIT I went an entire evening with no crashes. That's a first.

Fairplay
12-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Frazod you started all over again? If so, dang you are a machine.

Buck
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Just started my new Orc 2H Warrior. I am using no magic at all except for maybe enchanting. I played with him for like 2 hours and got to level 5. I've already taken a completely different path.

I will say that it's crazy I've been poisoned 4 times already and I'm not used to that because my last character (Bosmer) was pretty much immune to poison.

Frazod
12-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Frazod you started all over again? If so, dang you are a machine.

No, I went back to my original character.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Just started my new Orc 2H Warrior. I am using no magic at all except for maybe enchanting. I played with him for like 2 hours and got to level 5. I've already taken a completely different path.

I will say that it's crazy I've been poisoned 4 times already and I'm not used to that because my last character (Bosmer) was pretty much immune to poison.

In Oblivion I play a Breton who laughs at magical attacks against him. He is pretty good at block so my character would stand toe to toe with attackers if his magic didn't kill them immediately. He kept on catching diseases because of this, 60 plus. Pretty annoying.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm going to make myself crazy reading all this stuff knowing I can't get the game until I get a new computer.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
I've put Skyrim away until the new patch is out. Very hard to do, but I need my resistances back, and I'm tired of fighting dragons every 5 minutes. I have 15 unused dragon souls.

Frazod
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I've put Skyrim away until the new patch is out. Very hard to do, but I need my resistances back, and I'm tired of fighting dragons every 5 minutes. I have 15 unused dragon souls.

I have the opposite problem - I hardly ever run into them. Need to grease one more so I'll have enough dragonscale to construct my final piece of double-enchanted light armor.

I also need one more level to get the silent sneak perk. Really looking forward to that.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I see dragons constantly. And they are very easy to kill. Normal dragon, blood dragons, frost dragons.... none of them take much effort. I wish they did, but they don't.

Pants
12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
I see dragons constantly. And they are very easy to kill. Normal dragon, blood dragons, frost dragons.... none of them take much effort. I wish they did, but they don't.

Yeah, as soon as they land, I can usually kill them within 10 seconds without even getting hurt much. They're pretty much dead by the time my stamina bar is drained. Dragons are a joke. I heard someone say that the quest ones are much tougher, though, we'll see.

With my build, everything is now a joke save the full blown elemental mages I see from time to time. I can run up to a giant and kill him with like 4 power swings of my axes. Same thing with a mammoth. It's just not that much of a challenge to kill anything at this point. I've only killed 2 dragon priests so far so maybe some other ones will be tougher.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Encountered an Elder Dragon? They're much more difficult.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 09:24 AM

Apparently not yet. I'm level 30 or so, but i really am running around doing random shit more than trying to follow the main quest. I don't like the game telling me what i should and shouldn't be doing. LMAO

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Come to think about it. The hardest character i've faced so far was a Draugr Deathlord that could one shot me with his fucking bow. Between him one shotting and killing my follower, and one shotting me (he was standing in the doorway so i couldn't get around him) i had to restart a shitload. Fucker. Infuriating.

Frazod
12-02-2011, 09:27 AM

Fuck yes they're tough. They also spawn those spriggan things, which hit you with magical attacks AND get every natural creature in sight to attack you. I was totally unprepared for that the first time - got destroyed faster than a donut at a police station breakroom.

Pestilence
12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Fuck you guys. I really want to play this game but I can't.

Pants
12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Come to think about it. The hardest character i've faced so far was a Draugr Deathlord that could one shot me with his ****ing bow. Between him one shotting and killing my follower, and one shotting me (he was standing in the doorway so i couldn't get around him) i had to restart a shitload. ****er. Infuriating.

What's your armor rating? I'm level 33 in full Epic Ebony and I think I'm at around 450 (heavily invested into Heavy Armor tree). I have not come across any physical attack that can pose any danger so far, only the full mage destructos manage to put a big dent in my health (I'm at 320 HP, I think).

WhiteWhale
12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
What's your armor rating? I'm level 33 in full Epic Ebony and I think I'm at around 450 (heavily invested into Heavy Armor tree). I have not come across any physical attack that can pose any danger so far, only the full mage destructos manage to put a big dent in my health (I'm at 320 HP, I think).

Magic bypasses armor.

I don't know if it's supposed to, but it does. I've tested it. Dude was just acing me in 3 ice spikes in my epic ebony armor. Took the armor off... 3 hits... all doing the exact same damage.

So I just used a ward, charged him, and killed him in 2 hits with my sword.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Oh I'm sure my armor rating is pretty low. I just started putting a bunch of time into smithing, enchanting and the like. Made a set of Dragon Scale armor but I'm actually still wearing my arch mage robes. I just really like the mana regen, but my follower looks pretty badass :) .

And my health is only 150, but my mana is well over 400. I went full mage. Pretty fun.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Do you guys use your shouts alot? I barely ever use mine.

allen_kcCard
12-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I am trying like hell to get my enchanting up. Got smithing to 100 and crafted a set of dragonplate for my follower, and deadric for me, but don't want to enchant them until I can put the best double I can on them. Finally found a weapon with soul stealing to disenchant, so I crafted a deadric bow with it to start filling the hell out of petty shards, and I recharge the bow every time I kill a humanoid that gets me a black soul in the star.

Up to 67 enchanting or so...finish that up and then I'll put the fortify destruction on what I can along with.....hmm, not sure what I'll put with them yet, and then I'll be full on chain lightning like a mofo on every red dot I see again.

Pants
12-02-2011, 09:53 AM

I feel really overpowered as it is so I rarely use them. I like the one that shows you all living things around you It's very useful for finding your horse if it wanders off or if you forgot where you left him.

I also use the sprint one to move around when I'm encumbered. Windfury one is just ****ing ridiculous when you're swinging two Epic Ebony War Axes named The Black Harvest (traps souls) and The Black Death (siphons life). I could probably drop a dragon within 3 seconds with that shout. :)

Swanman
12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah, as soon as they land, I can usually kill them within 10 seconds without even getting hurt much. They're pretty much dead by the time my stamina bar is drained. Dragons are a joke. I heard someone say that the quest ones are much tougher, though, we'll see.

With my build, everything is now a joke save the full blown elemental mages I see from time to time. I can run up to a giant and kill him with like 4 power swings of my axes. Same thing with a mammoth. It's just not that much of a challenge to kill anything at this point. I've only killed 2 dragon priests so far so maybe some other ones will be tougher.

I am level 21, so not too far in yet but I have only encountered the first main quest dragon. Are you guys just running around the wilderness and running into them?

Pants
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I am level 21, so not too far in yet but I have only encountered the first main quest dragon. Are you guys just running around the wilderness and running into them?

Yeah, when you're running around, 2 things can happen: a dragon attacks you randomly or you find a dragon lair (shows up as a dragon skull on your compass and you have to "discover" it like anything else). A dragon layer will always have a new power word, a chest filled with some goodies and some have dragon priests who spawn after you kill the dragon. The dragon priests carry some really, really nice head pieces and are pretty tough.

Bump
12-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Too bad this game couldn't just borrow red dead's horse code. I find that horses slow me down, if anything.

Frazod
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM

I basically only use the force shout - it's a great way to clear some space if you're getting dogpiled. Just make sure Lydia not in the blast radius. I think I need to continue with the main quest a bit further to pick up some additional shout combinations.

Mr Luzcious
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Huh, I didn't realize Elder Dragons were supposed to be any different. Had one attack me at the mage college but I killed it in one power attack.

Swanman
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, when you're running around, 2 things can happen: a dragon attacks you randomly or you find a dragon lair (shows up as a dragon skull on your compass and you have to "discover" it like anything else). A dragon layer will always have a new power word, a chest filled with some goodies and some have dragon priests who spawn after you kill the dragon. The dragon priests carry some really, really nice head pieces and are pretty tough.

I think I will spend the next several hours exploring the wilderness then, finding mines, lairs and such. I haven't done much main quest stuff but have been pretty focused on misc and guild quests instead of just 100% exploration.

WhiteWhale
12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Huh, I didn't realize Elder Dragons were supposed to be any different. Had one attack me at the mage college but I killed it in one power attack.

Really?

What game breaking mod did you use to gain the ability to do 2255 HP worth of damage in one power attack?

Mr Luzcious
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Really?

What game breaking mod did you use to gain the ability to do 2255 HP worth of damage in one power attack?

Uh, mark of death :p The only dragon shout I've found useful so far.

And I dual wield, so its a couple swings but I still consider it one attack since you only click once.

WhiteWhale
12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Uh, mark of death :p The only dragon shout I've found useful so far.

And I dual wield, so its a couple swings but I still consider it one attack since you only click once.

There are so many ways to break these games.

I mean yeah... my 'normal' attack does up near 600 points of damage. (high one arm, legendary daedric sword, lots of fortify 1 handed attacks)

I might be able to do that shit if I was just duel wielding myself. LMAO

Mr Luzcious
12-02-2011, 10:44 AM
There are so many ways to break these games.

I mean yeah... my 'normal' attack does up near 600 points of damage. (high one arm, legendary daedric sword, lots of fortify 1 handed attacks)

I might be able to do that shit if I was just duel wielding myself. LMAO

Yeah, I did that with two daedric war axes, but that made the game too easy so I'm back to using bound sword.

Pants
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I think I will spend the next several hours exploring the wilderness then, finding mines, lairs and such. I haven't done much main quest stuff but have been pretty focused on misc and guild quests instead of just 100% exploration.

I just "discover" the locations without clearing a lot of them out of fear of breaking a future questline. I do hunt the dragons down in their lairs, though.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 12:20 PM
i've found a lot of locations ...

by going to the military maps found in castles etc. Just click all over the map and it gives you the locations without having to actually go to them.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I rarely remember to use them unless i'm out of options.

Pants
12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
i've found a lot of locations ...

by going to the military maps found in castles etc. Just click all over the map and it gives you the locations without having to actually go to them.

You still can't fast travel to them until you discover them.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 12:26 PM
You still can't fast travel to them until you discover them.
yea, as long as you know right where they are at it's pretty easy to hop on a horse and gallop from the nearest location you have visited.

QuikSsurfer
12-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah I used to fast travel... but then I took an arrow in the knee..

Buck
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Question.

How important is the Block perk tree in the creation of a 2H Heavy Armor warrior?

I don't really feel like spending perks on it as I want to build up Two-Handed, Armor, and Smithing, with enchanting as my last perk tree.

Pants
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Question.

How important is the Block perk tree in the creation of a 2H Heavy Armor warrior?

I don't really feel like spending perks on it as I want to build up Two-Handed, Armor, and Smithing, with enchanting as my last perk tree.

Blocking must be overrated because I haven't done it once in my however many hours getting to level 33. But maybe that's because I kill everything too quick? IDK...

Seriously, though, if you're building a melee character, I would suggest you roll a dual-wield build. You get 4 enchants on your weapons as opposed to 2 and you take people down fast.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Block is probably only important if you're playing on a really high level of difficulty.

That's probably what I'm gonna do for my next character. (two-handed orc)

Buck
12-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Blocking must be overrated because I haven't done it once in my however many hours getting to level 33. But maybe that's because I kill everything too quick? IDK...

Seriously, though, if you're building a melee character, I would suggest you roll a dual-wield build. You get 4 enchants on your weapons as opposed to 2 and you take people down fast.

Quality over Quanity.

I already had my super easy run through with an over-powered mage.

I also used console commands to give myself more carry weight, more gold, and more lock picks when I needed them. I toggled off collision a lot too.

This time I running through the game straight forward, on expert, and I'm not using any cheats. I want it to be a challenge.

Buck
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Block is probably only important if you're playing on a really high level of difficulty.

That's probably what I'm gonna do for my next character. (two-handed orc)

Yeah, I'm playing with a two-handed orc named Fluffy.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm wondering how a two-handed guy with no ranged attacks can even bring down a dragon.

Pants
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm wondering how a two-handed guy with no ranged attacks can even bring down a dragon.
Uhhh, you wait till it lands.

Pants
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Quality over Quanity.

I already had my super easy run through with an over-powered mage.

I also used console commands to give myself more carry weight, more gold, and more lock picks when I needed them. I toggled off collision a lot too.

This time I running through the game straight forward, on expert, and I'm not using any cheats. I want it to be a challenge.

Quality over quantity? You're going to want your weapon to trap souls, correct? That only leaves you with another enchant slot. Are you planning on switching to a different weapon every time you fight someone? That's going to be annoying as hell, but I guess it's doable.

And yeah, cheating is such a self-defeating thing to do, I have no idea why people ever do it, whether in SP or MP.

Buck
12-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Have you only ever used arrows on dragons?

Poor kid.

Pants
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Have you only ever used arrows on dragons?

Poor kid.

I thought he was using magic?

Buck
12-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Quality over quantity? You're going to want your weapon to trap souls, correct? That only leaves you with another enchant slot. Are you planning on switching to a different weapon every time you fight someone? That's going to be annoying as hell, but I guess it's doable.

And yeah, cheating is such a self-defeating thing to do, I have no idea why people ever do it, whether in SP or MP.

I want to play it as a true RPG where my guy has a tough time getting around because he is some pissant orc.

I already said I'm going 2handed, so that means I can't dual wield anyway.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Side note. I've been blasting hawks out of the air like crazy lately. Fuckers.

Pants
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Side note. I've been blasting hawks out of the air like crazy lately. ****ers.

There are hawks? Is that where all the hawk feathers come from? I need to look up at the sky during the day at some point in time...

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Trying to think of things I am going to do on my second playthrough:

1. 2-handed
2. Side with the Empire
3. Destroy the Dark Brotherhood

Buck
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM

1. 2-handed
2. Side with the Empire

I am doing 1 and 2.

I still haven't encountered the Dark Brotherhood in either playthrough.

I'm siding with the companions this time through though.

Pants
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM

1. 2-handed
2. Side with the Empire

You're going to be a progressive Nord? That's cool.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
You're going to be a progressive Nord? That's cool.

I'm going to be an Orc, but mainly for the berserker trait.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 03:34 PM

can't you just soul trap enchant a POS 2-hander and then hotkey your weapons?

when something is about to die switch to the soul trap weapon

It's what i do with my bow before i blast it with dual fireballs.

Pants
12-02-2011, 04:03 PM
can't you just soul trap enchant a POS 2-hander and then hotkey your weapons?

when something is about to die switch to the soul trap weapon

It's what i do with my bow before i blast it with dual fireballs.

You can, it's just a massive pain in the ass, IMO.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 04:10 PM
You can, it's just a massive pain in the ass, IMO.
yea, it is.

Largely because of the clunky ass interface they made to fit the game for both consoles and PC. I keep hoping somebody makes a toolbar mod or a 'switch weapon' button.

allen_kcCard
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I keep hoping somebody makes a toolbar mod or a 'switch weapon' button.

Because hitting one switch weapon button is better than hitting 1 after a fight to equip your enchanted bow, and 2 after you shoot them once to switch to what you will kill them with?

Not seeing the big worries of the switching attacks around. The 1-8 keys work just dandy for me for bow, big dmg spell, whatever melee weapon I'm using, dual casted healing, and some random lower level spells that I just never un-hotkeyed.

Kraus
12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah I used to fast travel... but then I took an arrow in the knee..

Rep.

Buck
12-02-2011, 06:33 PM
My Orc is sick.

I love having a pure-warrior. Magic is cool, but slicing the fuck out of everyone you see is even cooler.

Bump
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
damn it, stole a horse and tried to climb it up a mountain and it fell and of course I get the slow death sequence, fuck and I waited too long to save.

But it was on a mission to make a kill for the dark brotherhood, the best part :)

Mr. Laz
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
So are you supposed to go to jail?

in Marketh and the head of the city is bad and hold the guy prisoner in the mine. I walk into the trap with the guards at the Talos temple. Instead of going quietly i say no and start killing all the guards. Hey, i was in the right!! Then i run across the tyrannical dictator wizard who the game won't let die. Keeps bringing him back to life. I take it i was supposed to let them take me to jail in the mine?

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, you broke the quest.

Buck
12-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I need a place to store my stuff, but the Companions don't have any private rooms and I don't want to pay $5000 for the Breezehome.

pr_capone
12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I need a place to store my stuff, but the Companions don't have any private rooms and I don't want to pay $5000 for the Breezehome.

Really? That was one of the first things I did. Its not like there is any real shortage of money in the game.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
You can just dump all your shit in Delphine's basement.

QuikSsurfer
12-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Get hitched and use the whore's place for storage.

Fairplay
12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Kind of funny. I bought two houses. I have only been in one. In the lovely city of Solitude. The other is in Markarth. I don't know where it is in the cty, sad i know!

Regardless i don't even store items in it. I'm always peddling my extra stuff and move on. You end up getting a lot of Gold so its not that big a deal to me.

Then i open the journal and the map to see where i go next. I have been perking up my stamina a lot so i can carry more items plus i have boots of brawn they give me another 40 lbs. to lug. Im picky about what i take. Besides the obvious mugs i will also not take the weapons that have less the 100 value on it. Im here for killing, not to set up a pawn shop.

Simply Red
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
i hear this series is pimp.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW

pr_capone
12-02-2011, 11:43 PM

mother****ing Pee-Eye-Em-Pee

Simply Red
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
My god, I have got to start gaming soon!

Simply Red
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm so complacent w/ a terrific laptop - that I get lazy chasing technology and migrating toward certain technologies, such as Ipods and Gaming PC's or cons's. I'll get there, eventually.

Count Zarth
12-02-2011, 11:47 PM
aim me bro

Simply Red
12-02-2011, 11:48 PM
...and then I'll assasinate all of your asses, online, on MWF3!

frankotank
12-03-2011, 07:38 AM
anybody in here....starting game for the first time....what should I be???

Mr. Laz
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM

strictly how you like to play

This game isn't that hard and it's really,really long so pick a type of style you enjoying playing. If you enjoy using magic then try a Dark Elf magic user. If you enjoy hack/slash an want to kick the crap out of everything that moves then maybe try an Orc melee guy.

:shrug:

here's a page on the races: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

whoman69
12-03-2011, 02:07 PM

a lumberjack

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1436508108314&id=51d3aba391c1d92524fc3681e0e17087&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.motifake.com%2fimage%2fdemotivational-poster%2f0810%2fim-a-lumberjack-demotivational-poster-1223570319.jpg

Mr. Laz
12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
cowardly horse mod

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522

SomeRandomGirl
12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Let's talk enchanting perk tree.

I'm a little late in the enchanting game, but I did finally just get my smithing up to 100 tonight. I really want to focus on enchanting now.

Which perks did you guys opt for in that tree? And has anyone found an iron dagger equivalent to enchanting (cheap, easy, fast...). I'm pretty certain a few pages back someone said sneak is the best money return right? (too tired to go back and look right now)

Simply Red
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm a little late in the enchanting game, but I did finally just get my smithing up to 100 tonight. I really want to focus on enchanting now.

Which perks did you guys opt for in that tree? And has anyone found an iron dagger equivalent to enchanting (cheap, easy, fast...). I'm pretty certain a few pages back someone said sneak is the best money return right? (too tired to go back and look right now)

OMG - ARE YOU INTO PORN TOO!

WhiteWhale
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM

What I do is save the daggers I made, enchant them with turn undead or damage stamina (best value), and then sell them for a profit.

The hardest part is just getting all the soul gems.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2011, 09:08 PM
What I do is save the daggers I made, enchant them with turn undead or damage stamina (best value), and then sell them for a profit.

The hardest part is just getting all the soul gems.
this ...

and

save all the rings you find because they are light weight and then enchant them with sneak. It doubles(at least) the value of the ring. Sell the rings and buy empty soul gems. Only buy empty ones because the full ones are ripoffs.

make sure you have a handy weapon to soul trap as many monsters as you can. I like a bow with soul trap because i'm a range mage. Do the Azura Star quest for reusable high level soul gem.

leveling up is about quantity, not quality.

enchanting takes forever if you don't cheat

don't forget you get enchanting XP for unenchanting stuff too.

Buck
12-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I know of one location where you can actually mine soul gems. Not sure if there are more.

Simply Red
12-03-2011, 09:11 PM
this ...

and

save all the rings you find because they are light weight and then enchant them with sneak. It doubles(at least) the value of the ring. Sell the rings and buy empty soul gems. Only buy empty ones because the full ones are ripoffs.

make sure you have a handy weapon to soul trap as many monsters as you can. I like a bow with soul trap because i'm a range mage. Do the Azura Star quest for reusable high level soul gem.

leveling up is about quantity, not quality.

enchanting takes forever if you don't cheat

don't forget you get enchanting XP for unenchanting stuff too.

I wanna play! :harumph:

Simply Red
12-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Buck game like napalm

SomeRandomGirl
12-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Well I've already sold all of my daggers from leveling smithing, so that one is out, but I've kept most jewelery and every soul gem I've come across so far, so I'm hoping when I hop on tomorrow I can get to work. I've also disenchanted a ton of different things.
On the disenchant note, if I had two items that were enchanted with fortify health, one for more, one for less, does it matter which of the two I disenchanted? I'm hoping I didn't get stuck with a lower level fortify or something by not breaking the bigger of the two.

Buck
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
No it doesn't matter. Disenchant the lower one and sell the higher one.

Simply Red
12-03-2011, 09:27 PM
do you all ever play naked, or is that just me?

Simply Red
12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I also have these silver elf ears, i wear

Buck
12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
do you all ever play naked, or is that just me?

I go Boxers only. Otherwise, my balls would stick to the leather.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2011, 09:54 PM
dwarven mine gives tons of Soul Gems

also if you get the barter enchantment you can also enchant stuff to lower your buying price. I think i buy empty lesser soul gems for only like 20 gold. I have so many soul gems now that it's starting to become a weight issue.

i'm getting my casting cost down low enough now that i can spam single cast fireballs almost non-stop and never run out of mana.

Setsuna
12-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Your enchanting skill increases for recharging enchanted items as well.

Count Zarth
12-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Grilled mushrooms anyone

http://i44.tinypic.com/35kv19x.jpg

Count Zarth
12-04-2011, 12:09 AM
One shotting a dragon

http://imgur.com/a/Y0wnc

Cave Johnson
12-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Another pro tip: use the Mages Stone to level up faster while enchanting.

Grapero
12-04-2011, 11:14 AM
do you know abot else ?

allen_kcCard
12-04-2011, 11:24 AM
do you know abot else ?

Are they related to the muffin man?

Sofa King
12-04-2011, 12:14 PM

You ain't shitting. I've got one that just keeps tearing through me. I'm gonna have to upgrade my shit before i try that fucker again. Jesus...

Setsuna
12-04-2011, 02:56 PM
My companions keep dying what do I do?

Pants
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm level 35, probably have like 50+ hours played and haven't used a companion yet. If they're anything like the ones in Fallout 3, I think they're more of a nuisance than anything else. So my advice is obviously to stop using them.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that Absorb Health makes an enchanted weapon more valuable than Turn Undead. Just a heads up.

Setsuna
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I need them to carry stuff!

Pants
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I need them to carry stuff!

I just fast travel to my hub in Whiterun after every excursion into a dungeon. I also don't pick up every piece of armor and weapons because it's a huge waste of time unless they're really valuable. The stuff that I carry with me takes up about 150 pounds (100 pounds of that is potions that I never use, but I keep on me just in case, I do limit them, however) so that leaves me with about 210 for random stuff I can pick up. If I do get encumbered at some point in time, I'll just make my way back to the horse using the sprint shout and, again, fast travel to my hub and unload.

Setsuna
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Gotcha, not bad.

Sofa King
12-04-2011, 05:09 PM
My fucking horse always walks away from where i leave him. Son of a bitch.

Still haven't gone back to face that elder dragon yet either.

pr_capone
12-04-2011, 05:14 PM
My ****ing horse always walks away from where i leave him. Son of a bitch.

I've not yet faced an Elder Dragon. Taking down Blood Dragons like they are nothing.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
My ****ing horse always walks away from where i leave him. Son of a bitch.

1. if you stole the horse they tend to run away

2. if you bought the horse then it should only move a little ways away

3. if you fast travel your horse will just show up at whatever stable your near so you don't have to worry about losing him. Just fast travel to a stable and pick him back up.

also if you are dragon hunting then i suggest taking elemental resist potions and equipment.

Sofa King
12-05-2011, 07:48 AM

3. if you fast travel your horse will just show up at whatever stable your near so you don't have to worry about losing him. Just fast travel to a stable and pick him back up.

also if you are dragon hunting then i suggest taking elemental resist potions and equipment.

Dragons must respawn. I found one at a place i'd already killed one. Thought, "wtf i killed this guy already". So i bounced around to all the places I'd already killed em, and there they were again. Wiped out about 4-5 of them again. Mount Anthor, etc...

This Elder is a bitch though. I've got that fucking annoying ass immortal dog with me now though. I think maybe he can provide enough of a distraction to keep him busy while i hammer that fucker with my big spells. If that doesn't work I'm getting rid of that fucking dog. He runs into me and pushes me all over hell whenever i stop and he blocks every fucking doorway. And he barks, all the time. If he was my dog I'd put the bitch down.

Simply Red
12-05-2011, 07:52 AM

You're not allowed to call Clay a nerd anymore, Laz.

whoman69
12-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Are they related to the muffin man?

The muffin man?

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Dragons must respawn. I found one at a place i'd already killed one. Thought, "wtf i killed this guy already". So i bounced around to all the places I'd already killed em, and there they were again. Wiped out about 4-5 of them again. Mount Anthor, etc...

This Elder is a bitch though. I've got that ****ing annoying ass immortal dog with me now though. I think maybe he can provide enough of a distraction to keep him busy while i hammer that ****er with my big spells. If that doesn't work I'm getting rid of that ****ing dog. He runs into me and pushes me all over hell whenever i stop and he blocks every ****ing doorway. And he barks, all the time. If he was my dog I'd put the bitch down.
make sure you are using the right spells

attack it with the opposite element that it's attacking you with ... same thing if you are using Atronachs. Fire Atronach is awesome on frost dragons, although you have to keep re-summoning them because they die fast.

I usually go stealth and throw a fire Atronach out there as bait. It gives me a chance to get a good position from which to fight. A big boulder is usually good enough. Just need some place to duck behind during fire breath attacks.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
You're not allowed to call Clay a nerd anymore, Laz.
shhhhh ... don't tell anyone

Cave Johnson
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM

They only die from friendly fire.

WhiteWhale
12-05-2011, 11:02 AM
They only die from friendly fire.

LMAO

I was gonna say "Stop killing them."

Yeah. I accidentally killed lydia with my Thu'um.

She wasn't in the way at first, but she got in the way just in time to get herself aced.

WhiteWhale
12-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm level 35, probably have like 50+ hours played and haven't used a companion yet. If they're anything like the ones in Fallout 3, I think they're more of a nuisance than anything else. So my advice is obviously to stop using them.

Also, I just wanted to let you guys know that Absorb Health makes an enchanted weapon more valuable than Turn Undead. Just a heads up.

Yeah, but absorb health is a much more rare enchantment. Damage Stamina/Turn undead are enchantments I get really early in the game.

Pants
12-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, but absorb health is a much more rare enchantment. Damage Stamina/Turn undead are enchantments I get really early in the game.

Oh. I only have 1 character and it was one of the earliest enchantments I got. I guess I got lucky. :)

WhiteWhale
12-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh. I only have 1 character and it was one of the earliest enchantments I got. I guess I got lucky. :)

It's pretty random. I got the 'damage stamina' enchantment on the ax the White run jarl gives you after killing the dragon.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
My buddy Uthgerd got taken out by a pack of vampires (and maybe a fireball, *cough*) yesterday. She was a true G.

*pours out Nord mead*

Also, holy shit this game. My excitement for it was more or less nonexistent prior to release because I just felt burnt out on Bethesda, but they made something so unbelievably fun to wander around in that I can't even muster the urge to play SR3.

Pants
12-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Also, holy shit this game. My excitement for it was more or less nonexistent prior to release because I just felt burnt out on Bethesda, but they made something so unbelievably fun to wander around in that I can't even muster the urge to play SR3.

I feel 100% the same way.

Sofa King
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
This Markarth questline has me wondering if i just seriously ****ed everything up.

I escaped the "jail", walked out and killed everyone like i was supposed to. But for some reason i decided to loot the main palace or whatever it is as well. Got the keys, raided the museum etc... and added some more bounty to myself. Oops. Hopefully they don't care about me in the other cities.

frankotank
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
OK…this get get a little long….but I don’t know WHAT the hell I’m doing! I just started and went with the cat man guy. Guess I’m gonna play a stealth game….not really sure what that really means in the long run. I have no experience with a game of this type. I read this blog a lot and have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about almost all the time. Very first thing I needed to do is go talk to some lady. So I follow the arrow and by the time I get to her door I have no lock picks left because I broke into anything I could every chance I got. So I’m thinking it SUPER STUPID that I have to pick the damn lock to get into the house where the lady is that I need to talk to. Did I do something wrong? I found an inn and bought some picks and got into the dang house and talked to her…..just thought it weird I had to pick the lock.
Picking stuff up…..I have NO IDEA what I should or shouldn’t pick up. Once I figured out that I could sell as well as buy at the inn, I sold everything I had except for weapons. I can’t figure out how to tell if I have too much stuff (where is the weight info) and I have no idea what to pick up.
I found a bow. If I pull the trigger to arm the bow, is there any way I can disarm? Seems like once it’s ready to go I have no choice but to shoot?
I stole something at the inn and the inn keeper and his wife killed me. So it got me thinking…..if you run around being a turd all the time will everyone know everywhere you go and try to kill you?

MoreLemonPledge
12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
OK…this get get a little long….but I don’t know WHAT the hell I’m doing! I just started and went with the cat man guy. Guess I’m gonna play a stealth game….not really sure what that really means in the long run. I have no experience with a game of this type. I read this blog a lot and have NO IDEA what you guys are talking about almost all the time. Very first thing I needed to do is go talk to some lady. So I follow the arrow and by the time I get to her door I have no lock picks left because I broke into anything I could every chance I got. So I’m thinking it SUPER STUPID that I have to pick the damn lock to get into the house where the lady is that I need to talk to. Did I do something wrong? I found an inn and bought some picks and got into the dang house and talked to her…..just thought it weird I had to pick the lock.
Picking stuff up…..I have NO IDEA what I should or shouldn’t pick up. Once I figured out that I could sell as well as buy at the inn, I sold everything I had except for weapons. I can’t figure out how to tell if I have too much stuff (where is the weight info) and I have no idea what to pick up.
I found a bow. If I pull the trigger to arm the bow, is there any way I can disarm? Seems like once it’s ready to go I have no choice but to shoot?
I stole something at the inn and the inn keeper and his wife killed me. So it got me thinking…..if you run around being a turd all the time will everyone know everywhere you go and try to kill you?

Not sure what you're talking about with the first part.

What you decide to pick up is up to you and how much weight you can carry. The weight of the item is right there in the description, next to the value. The total amount of weight you can carry is at the bottom right of your inventory screen. I pick up anything that seems valuable (some weapons and armor) but won't weigh me down too much, and most ingredients because they don't weigh much at all. Sell all of the weapons and armor and crap when you can, disenchant for new recipes, and use the ingredients for alchemy.

As for the bow, on Xbox you just push X to put your bow back down after you've drawn it. Not sure about PS3 or PC. I guess whatever button you use to sheathe your weapons.

Each city has its own bounty. If you're an asshole at Whiterun, the guards will chase you and everyone will hate you, but that doesn't carry over to other cities. Pay off your bounties and you should be fine.

Pants
12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
People lock their houses at night, frank. That's why it gave you the option to pick the lock. If you wait or come back later during the day, the lady will be either out and about or her house will be unlocked.

Buck
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
It was probably night time so she locked her door. Need to wait until its daytime sometimes.

Setsuna
12-05-2011, 01:46 PM

:clap:
Alright buddy. Usually if a door is locked, that person is somewhere on the premises during the day, or sleeping if late enough at night. If it's @ night, got to an inn and sleep till like 2 pm. Now, you should pick up anything you feel as being worth to sell. ALWAYS pick up enchanted items. The weight indicator is in your menu when you go into your inventory on the bottom right corner. To disarm a pulled back arrow, click or press your "sheathe" button or key. Don't steal when the people are in the house awake and staring you in the face. And if you get caught, you can get away, but you will be WANTED and either pay your bail or kill everyone who chases you. And if you can't go anywhere without being chased, go to another area and you will be fine. Case in point. If you are wanted in Whiterun and surrounding areas, go to Windhelm and base your operations there. Most of the time, they haven't heard of your misdeeds and you're golden, but you can't really go back to Whiterun unless you do your time or something, not sure. Don't ask me any questions ever again.

frankotank
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Not sure what you're talking about with the first part.

What you decide to pick up is up to you and how much weight you can carry. The weight of the item is right there in the description, next to the value. The total amount of weight you can carry is at the bottom right of your inventory screen. I pick up anything that seems valuable (some weapons and armor) but won't weigh me down too much, and most ingredients because they don't weigh much at all. Sell all of the weapons and armor and crap when you can, disenchant for new recipes, and use the ingredients for alchemy.

As for the bow, on Xbox you just push X to put your bow back down after you've drawn it. Not sure about PS3 or PC. I guess whatever button you use to sheathe your weapons.

Each city has its own bounty. If you're an asshole at Whiterun, the guards will chase you and everyone will hate you, but that doesn't carry over to other cities. Pay off your bounties and you should be fine.

first part = I'm a Kajeet or however it's spelled. good for stealth. hope I don't regret that. I'm am BARELY started to I could easily start over.
what does "disenchant for new recipes" mean? how do you do that?

frankotank
12-05-2011, 01:52 PM
:clap:
Alright buddy. Usually if a door is locked, that person is somewhere on the premises during the day, or sleeping if late enough at night. If it's @ night, got to an inn and sleep till like 2 pm. Now, you should pick up anything you feel as being worth to sell. ALWAYS pick up enchanted items. The weight indicator is in your menu when you go into your inventory on the bottom right corner. To disarm a pulled back arrow, click or press your "sheathe" button or key. Don't steal when the people are in the house awake and staring you in the face. And if you get caught, you can get away, but you will be WANTED and either pay your bail or kill everyone who chases you. And if you can't go anywhere without being chased, go to another area and you will be fine. Case in point. If you are wanted in Whiterun and surrounding areas, go to Windhelm and base your operations there. Most of the time, they haven't heard of your misdeeds and you're golden, but you can't really go back to Whiterun unless you do your time or something, not sure. Don't ask me any questions ever again.

hmm I've never chosen sleep. so if you do that you just get right back up and time has passed? I've noticed (I'm XBOX 360) that one button wants me to choose a wait time. what's that all about?

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM
If he was my dog I'd put the bitch down.

Complete the quest and you'll get your chance. LMAO

Pants
12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
hmm I've never chosen sleep. so if you do that you just get right back up and time has passed? I've noticed (I'm XBOX 360) that one button wants me to choose a wait time. what's that all about?

Wait time is the same as sleep except you don't get the rest bonus (which makes you level up 10% faster).

Setsuna
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM

Yeah the screen goes dark and it counts the hours down. Plus you get a 5% faster skill improve for all skills for 8 hours. It is a rested bonus. And yeah just move the stick or pad over to how many hours you want to sleep. I think there is a minimum though, but maybe not for the bonus.

Hmmm 10%? I had 5. What is the minimum to get max percentage?

Pants
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah the screen goes dark and it counts the hours down. Plus you get a 5% faster skill improve for all skills for 8 hours. It is a rested bonus. And yeah just move the stick or pad over to how many hours you want to sleep. I think there is a minimum though, but maybe not for the bonus.

5% is for rested (if you sleep on a bed you don't own) and 10% is for well-rested (if you sleep on a bed you own). I'm not sure about the 8 hour thing because it seems like I have gotten it for less than that, but it was a while ago as I have been a werewolf for ages now.

Setsuna
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
5% is for rested (if you sleep on a bed you don't own) and 10% is for well-rested (if you sleep on a bed you own). I'm not sure about the 8 hour thing because it seems like I have gotten it for less than that, but it was a while ago as I have been a werewolf for ages now.
Ohhhh....that sucks. I just slept on some mat in a cave. That's bush league.

Pants
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Ohhhh....that sucks. I just slept on some mat in a cave. That's bush league.

I just looked it up. I don't think there's a minimum of hours you need to sleep to get the bonus, so you can sleep for 1 hour and get the 5% or 10% bonus which lasts for 8 game hours (24 minutes IRL, not counting menu/shopping time).

Also, I guess if you're married and sleep in your own bed, you get a whopping 15% rest bonus. Nice.

MoreLemonPledge
12-05-2011, 03:34 PM
first part = I'm a Kajeet or however it's spelled. good for stealth. hope I don't regret that. I'm am BARELY started to I could easily start over.
what does "disenchant for new recipes" mean? how do you do that?

No need to start over. Race really doesn't matter much. Just play what you like.

Enchanting is a skill you use to make your weapons and armor stronger. Basically a way to put magic on your stuff. i.e. shoot fire arrows, use a sword that makes enemies flee, or a ring that makes you sneakier. Find an enchanting table to get started. You'll find plenty of them as you play through.

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Frank's post is hilarious.

How much experience do you have with RPGs?

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Be a Khajiit unarmed FACEPUNCHER imo.

I'm doing a Nord* 1h/block/destruction character and it's amazing how well it works. It's not quite Mount & Blade-level combat, but it's very satisfying. It seems like basically any play style is fun.

*I chose Nord because I'm a dork and wanted my character to be conflicted over whether to side with her absurdly racist homeland or the imperialist assholes who'd subjugate all of Tamriel if they could. Also I decided her family moved to Cyrodiil when she was a kid to further muddle everything. Like I said, dork.

Buck
12-05-2011, 05:31 PM
So I basically just got really into Smithing.

I have too many fucking Iron Daggers.

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 05:41 PM
So I basically just got really into Smithing.

I have too many fucking Iron Daggers.

LMAO

Next playthrough I am not smithing ANYTHING.

Going for a more pure experience.

Buck
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I wasn't going to craft so many until I saw how much it leveled up my Smithing each one I made.

Speaking of Smithing, I'm not really impressed with the Smithing perk tree.

allen_kcCard
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
I wasn't going to craft so many until I saw how much it leveled up my Smithing each one I made.

Speaking of Smithing, I'm not really impressed with the Smithing perk tree.

All it is for is getting the better armor types.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
hell yeah, dual summons perk!!!

my bitches got my back

2 fire atronarch summoned (fully upgraded w/damage and duration perk)
fire rune on left hand (fully upgrade w/extra damage/distance perks)
fire ball on right hand (fully upgraded w/damage perk)

Talk about some fire damage!!!

It's like a meteor shower when all 3 of us start chucking fireballs. With rune casting distance perk it's like i'm chucking fire grenades too because you can place the runes clear across the room. ROFL

pr_capone
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
hell yeah, dual summons perk!!!

my bitches got my back

2 fire atronarch summoned (fully upgraded w/damage and duration perk)
fire rune on left hand (w/extra distance casting perk)
fire ball on right hand (fully upgraded w/damage perk)

Talk about some fire damage!!!

It's like a meteor shower when all 3 of us start chucking fireballs. With rune casting distance perk it's like i'm chucking fire grenades too because you can place the runes clear across the room. ROFL

I'm just shocked that anyone has really had the need to drag their helpers along into battle. So far (level 28), I've not come across anything I can't handle after a quicksave.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm just shocked that anyone has really had the need to drag their helpers along into battle. So far (level 28), I've not come across anything I can't handle after a quicksave.
umm ... because it's fun

dick

pr_capone
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
umm ... because it's fun

dick

not trying to be a dick.

wots fun about it? In the past, the only thing that NPCs have been good for is only for getting in the way. has there been that big of an improvement?

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
not trying to be a dick.

wots fun about it? In the past, the only thing that NPCs have been good for is only for getting in the way. has there been that big of an improvement?

just went stealth and went down the hallway in a fort to a lunchroom area with like 10 guys in it. Threw my 2 fire atronarch right into the middle of the room. we all started fire bombing every thing that moved. All the guys running around on fire and getting blown up by stepping on fire runes.

LMAO

carnage = fun o:-)

Dave Lane
12-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks like I'll be starting up Fallout New Vegas until all of this shit gets fixed.

I had more bugs on New Vegas than Skyrim

Dave Lane
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM

I'm level 38 but a high elf magic user and I got toasted one shot by a elder dragon and a Chief Dwarven Centurion tonight. There's stuff you need help for still.

WhiteWhale
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm level 38 but a high elf magic user and I got toasted one shot by a elder dragon and a Chief Dwarven Centurion tonight. There's stuff you need help for still.

Yeah, My game is basically unplayable at high difficulty right now. I'm lvl 42 and without magic resistances the elder dragons kill you in one hit and you can't do ANYTHING about it.

This is probably the first time I've owned a game that was actually broken when it was patched. My game worked FINE prior to the patch and fucking STEAM installed the patch automatically.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2011, 09:11 PM
My favorite crafting thing is, um... cooking. APPLE CABBAGE STEW Y'ALL

KcMizzou
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
My favorite crafting thing is, um... cooking. APPLE CABBAGE STEW Y'ALLYou can cook?

Mr. Laz
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
anyone put points into alteration yet for the magic resistance?

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
You can cook?There are cooking pots over fires in some camps and buildings. Cooked meals are less potent than potions, but food is everywhere so there's usually something you can make from whatever's in your inventory whenever you stumble upon them. Plus there's something satisfying about making APPLE CABBAGE STEWWWWWW.

Simply Red
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Clay was grilling up some spotted mushrooms, earlier. I'll be aboard soon. I'm about to make the leap into a PS3, finally.

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I wasn't actually cooking mushrooms.

I stumbled upon a Falmer lair inside some dwarven ruins, and they were using dwarven shelves as a grill.

Simply Red
12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I wasn't actually cooking mushrooms.

I stumbled upon a Falmer lair inside some dwarven ruins, and they were using dwarven shelves as a grill.

oh wow, even doper. GD! can't wait!

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Bethesda does a nice job of setting a scene that way.

There are lots of little touches that make the world seem more real. It's not cookie cutter.

I'm on AIM, BTW.

Buck
12-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Apparently Hawks don't have souls.

pr_capone
12-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah... I just started hunting down souls myself.

Buck
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I've run out of places to buy soul gems and iron ore or ingots.

Need to figure that shit out.

Count Zarth
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
I've run out of places to buy soul gems and iron ore or ingots.

Need to figure that shit out.

Vendors will get more in stock eventually.

You can also try mining your own ore.

Buck
12-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah I mine my own ore, but it's not like it's all at one place for me to mine. I'll just have to find it along my travels.

Frazod
12-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Up to Level 50 now - I have my sneak up to 100% and all the sneak skills unlocked. I can basically move right in front of people now and they don't see me. A bit ridiculous, but cool. You'd at least think they'd notice the giant spiky dragon helmet. :D

Complete the main thieves guild quest - now I'm off to join the dark brotherhood.

Frazod
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Vendors will get more in stock eventually.

You can also try mining your own ore.

I come across iron ore veins all the time while wandering through the wilderness.

Fried Meat Ball!
12-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Up to Level 50 now - I have my sneak up to 100% and all the sneak skills unlocked. I can basically move right in front of people now and they don't see me. A bit ridiculous, but cool. You'd at least think they'd notice the giant spiky dragon helmet. :D

Complete the main thieves guild quest - now I'm off to join the dark brotherhood.

Yeah, I used all but the last sneak perk. I one-shot most things. or I sneak up and use a dagger for the kill. It didn't seem like I really needed to make them look for me if I crouch during battle.

Count Zarth
12-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Yeah I mine my own ore, but it's not like it's all at one place for me to mine. I'll just have to find it along my travels.

Go to left hand mine near Markath.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
This ****ing dog is annoying as hell, but he's a ****ing dragon killer. Once i realized he's immortal until i complete the quest, i decided to rematch with that Ancient Dragon that was kicking my ass earlier this week.

It worked. I switched to dual fire bolts (so i didn't end up killing my helper this time) and let the dog tank for me while i blasted from a distance. Got him in the first try. And while killing this dragon, i noticed one flying around way up on the peak of another mountain. I moved up there and bam, Ancient Dragon. Same game with the firebolts and the dog tanking. 1st try and took him down easily.

If ONLY this dog wasn't so ****ing annoying i'd just keep him around. He keeps walking into me and blocking me when i'm trying to do shit. If i stand in one spot, he'll come over and plow into me, every ****ing time.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 07:29 AM
For souls i just go somewhere cold and walk along the edge of frozen water. There's ton's of horkers and stupid little shit like rabbits and ice fox's to kill there. I hit them with soul trap and fireballs.

Fills up souls quickly.

Swanman
12-06-2011, 07:45 AM
For souls i just go somewhere cold and walk along the edge of frozen water. There's ton's of horkers and stupid little shit like rabbits and ice fox's to kill there. I hit them with soul trap and fireballs.

Fills up souls quickly.

I am trying to get the Black Star but those wizards inside Azura's stars kick my ass every time.

allen_kcCard
12-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I am trying to get the Black Star but those wizards inside Azura's stars kick my ass every time.

I was ok on them when I took it slower and didn't chase them when they ran down further. Dual casted chain lightning tore them up as long as I paused each time they staggered and nailed them again just as they recovered.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 08:11 AM

You're talking the Azura's star quest right?

I equipped fasthealing with my left hand, fireball with my right, and i hammered him with fire balls. Everytime i shot a fireball, i healed. I launched both at the same time. I also always was going towards him, always moving forward. I didn't even shoot once at those other guys until i had the main dude killed. He made it quite a ways before he died. If i didn't have fast healing equipped every time i launched fireball i would have been toast. I may or may not have used a magicka potion, i can't remember. Completed it easily that way on my first try.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 08:33 AM

I was ok on them when I took it slower and didn't chase them when they ran down further. Dual casted chain lightning tore them up as long as I paused each time they staggered and nailed them again just as they recovered.
yep ... don't go down the stairs, only go far enough to attack one of them. I think there are 3 or 4 of them. Take them one at a time. Don't forget to take some magic resist potions. I forget which element they use but drink a elemental resist potion too.

Kill one and then back up to the entrance again.

It's a balance, if you wait too long then they all rush you together. If you attack too far then you get several at once. The key is to take them one at a time.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 08:51 AM
yep ... don't go down the stairs, only go far enough to attack one of them. I think there are 3 or 4 of them. Take them one at a time. Don't forget to take some magic resist potions. I forget which element they use but drink a elemental resist potion too.

It's a balance, if you wait too long then they all rush you together. If you attack too far then you get several at once. The key is to take them one at a time.

Fast healing and fireballs. You don't even have to kill the other dudes. It brings you out after the main man is dead.

Swanman
12-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I work with a guy that has found a way to take EVERY bit of fun out of playing Skyrim. He just started playing the game and is exploiting the glitch where it allows you to endlessly attack an indestructible NPC and level up a whole bunch of things (sneak, one hand, two hand, bow, etc). He is literally going to spend his first ten hours of the game at that one spot. Then he doesn't want to actually level up (thus get a shitload of perks) for fear that enemies will level up with him and actually make the game a challenge. The thought of getting killed makes him want to sell the game. Some people just shouldn't game.

Swanman
12-06-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks for all the tips guys. The mages there tend to use fireball a lot. I just want the black star so I can go kill some humans and get the grand souls to do some kickass enchantments. I am getting closer to 70 on smithing so I can start doing glass armor. Right now I am just wearing the adept robes of destruction for the 100% magic regen but my other armors are just elven, upgraded to superior.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I work with a guy that has found a way to take EVERY bit of fun out of playing Skyrim. He just started playing the game and is exploiting the glitch where it allows you to endlessly attack an indestructible NPC and level up a whole bunch of things (sneak, one hand, two hand, bow, etc). He is literally going to spend his first ten hours of the game at that one spot. Then he doesn't want to actually level up (thus get a shitload of perks) for fear that enemies will level up with him and actually make the game a challenge. The thought of getting killed makes him want to sell the game. Some people just shouldn't game.

His loss. I wouldn't worry about it if i were you. I try not to give a shit how people choose to play their games if it doesn't directly affect me in multiplayer or something.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Fast healing and fireballs. You don't even have to kill the other dudes. It brings you out after the main man is dead.
at the time, i was too low level to have fast healing or fireball.

i was running with flame,frostbite and spark.

Fairplay
12-06-2011, 09:49 AM
If ONLY this dog wasn't so ****ing annoying i'd just keep him around. He keeps walking into me and blocking me when i'm trying to do shit. If i stand in one spot, he'll come over and plow into me, every ****ing time.

bad doggie

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
at the time, i was too low level to have fast healing or fireball.

i was running with flame,frostbite and spark.

Well i suppose it's all about the timing when you get to that quest.

I've done some quests recently that were a cakewalk. Apparently i'd been putting them off until i was too strong for them.

Fairplay
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Clay was grilling up some spotted mushrooms, earlier. I'll be aboard soon. I'm about to make the leap into a PS3, finally.

Good luck with the game on the PS3 bro.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I think I'm going to make a set of equipment for my follower that is all carrying bonuses. Of course then the fucker wouldn't wear what i want him to. As soon as i give him something else he'd switch out like a bastard.

Frazod
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I think I'm going to make a set of equipment for my follower that is all carrying bonuses. Of course then the fucker wouldn't wear what i want him to. As soon as i give him something else he'd switch out like a bastard.

As I'm doing more stealth missions, I'm leaving the follower behind. She just gets in the way. I've got so much gold at this point that I don't bother picking stuff up unless it's really valuable or useful.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
As I'm doing more stealth missions, I'm leaving the follower behind. She just gets in the way. I've got so much gold at this point that I don't bother picking stuff up unless it's really valuable or useful.

I'm slowly getting to that point, if i don't try to make him strictly a mule. I'm sick of these fuckers getting in my way. I'm going to go on a dragon rampage again soon, kill as many as i can so i can stock up on a shitload of dragon scales and whatnot, then get rid of the follower and the dog.

The thing about the follower is i'm afraid to use some of my bigger spells for fear of killing him and losing the gear i have on him.

hmm. I'll have to make some changes eventually.

Frazod
12-06-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm slowly getting to that point, if i don't try to make him strictly a mule. I'm sick of these fuckers getting in my way. I'm going to go on a dragon rampage again soon, kill as many as i can so i can stock up on a shitload of dragon scales and whatnot, then get rid of the follower and the dog.

The thing about the follower is i'm afraid to use some of my bigger spells for fear of killing him and losing the gear i have on him.

hmm. I'll have to make some changes eventually.

I think I've got about 24K of gold and probably another 30K worth of stuff that I keep in the barrel that I could sell but haven't bothered to yet.

My biggest problem right now is my Companion quest froze on me. According to the guide book, after the Silverhands attack the place in Whiterun, the next quest is supposed to kick in right away. But instead everybody's still just standing around staring at the the corpses. It's really annoying because one of the people staring at corpses is the guy from the blacksmith shop, so where I can usually sell to the female blacksmith and him, now I can only sell to her, and the shop is locked. Major fucking glitch in the game, but too far in to start over just to do this. :shake:

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I think I've got about 24K of gold and probably another 30K worth of stuff that I keep in the barrel that I could sell but haven't bothered to yet.

My biggest problem right now is my Companion quest froze on me. According to the guide book, after the Silverhands attack the place in Whiterun, the next quest is supposed to kick in right away. But instead everybody's still just standing around staring at the the corpses. It's really annoying because one of the people staring at corpses is the guy from the blacksmith shop, so where I can usually sell to the female blacksmith and him, now I can only sell to her, and the shop is locked. Major ****ing glitch in the game, but too far in to start over just to do this. :shake:

I think if you leave for awhile it might clear up.

I had shit like that happening after i wiped out the guards in markarth. I hit a glitch where the guards kept trying to take me to jail but they never would. I had to look it up and then i could type in a command and automatically pay my debt. That finally worked but i lost about 12-13 K paying off my fines. oops!

But if you leave for awhile to another city it might reset itself. Or you could drag the bodies somewhere and dump them but that could take forever.

Frazod
12-06-2011, 11:05 AM
I think if you leave for awhile it might clear up.

I had shit like that happening after i wiped out the guards in markarth. I hit a glitch where the guards kept trying to take me to jail but they never would. I had to look it up and then i could type in a command and automatically pay my debt. That finally worked but i lost about 12-13 K paying off my fines. oops!

But if you leave for awhile to another city it might reset itself. Or you could drag the bodies somewhere and dump them but that could take forever.

How do you drag bodies? I did it once by accident but have no idea how I did it.

And I think you're right about staying away from Whiterun for a while - I always go back there to store my stuff. I think I'll change my base of operations to Rifken for a couple of days and then try it again. Hell, I am head of the thieves guild now - I might as well. :D

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
How do you drag bodies? I did it once by accident but have no idea how I did it.

hold select button for a few seconds and it should grab body until you hit select button again to drop it.

which button depends on your settings and PC/console

Pants
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM

My biggest problem right now is my Companion quest froze on me. According to the guide book, after the Silverhands attack the place in Whiterun, the next quest is supposed to kick in right away. But instead everybody's still just standing around staring at the the corpses. It's really annoying because one of the people staring at corpses is the guy from the blacksmith shop, so where I can usually sell to the female blacksmith and him, now I can only sell to her, and the shop is locked. Major ****ing glitch in the game, but too far in to start over just to do this. :shake:

You can also sell to the Skyforge smith.

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Bethesda does a nice job of setting a scene that way.

There are lots of little touches that make the world seem more real. It's not cookie cutter.Yeah, and aside from the random fetch quests I usually turn down everything seems to have a pretty consistent level of effort put into it. Some quests are shorter or less important than others, but they all feel worthwhile and well thought out.

The story isn't VtM: Bloodlines, or anything, but it's all very competent and interesting enough to make exploring the gigantic, diverse world feel meaningful.

I work with a guy that has found a way to take EVERY bit of fun out of playing Skyrim. He just started playing the game and is exploiting the glitch where it allows you to endlessly attack an indestructible NPC and level up a whole bunch of things (sneak, one hand, two hand, bow, etc). He is literally going to spend his first ten hours of the game at that one spot. Then he doesn't want to actually level up (thus get a shitload of perks) for fear that enemies will level up with him and actually make the game a challenge. The thought of getting killed makes him want to sell the game. Some people just shouldn't game.I'm glad I basically do the opposite. I only care enough about leveling to make sure I don't gimp myself (seems fairly hard to do in Skyrim anyways), and I'm just putting points into the stuff that's most fun (BLOCK). I save CONSTANTLY, because I want to play my One True Story and hate replaying stuff I've already done, but that's as bad as I get.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 11:41 AM

And I think you're right about staying away from Whiterun for a while - I always go back there to store my stuff. I think I'll change my base of operations to Rifken for a couple of days and then try it again. Hell, I am head of the thieves guild now - I might as well. :D

I computer i just walk up to something, hold E on it, and start walking with it. Then i hit E again to drop it.

Pants
12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I want to play my One True Story and hate replaying stuff I've already done, but that's as bad as I get.

Crazy. I'm like that with all the games. Even the ones that have different endings and different experiences on different playthroughs (Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect et al). I do my story, develop my character and that's it. I'm at a point in Skyrim now that if I experience some game-breaking bug, I'm just going to sell the game. Starting over is not an option.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
well shit. Went home over noon hour and played just a little bit. the one quest i decided to do led me to clear a cave/shrine out. not a big deal. a few draugrs and it was clean. Then the lady says we need a sacrifice or some shit and leads me to a priest in Markarth who I'm supposed to get to follow me to the shrine where he will be killed. What do i do? I find myself an elder dragon immediately to see if this guy will follow me anywhere and to see if he can die.

That dragon was absolutely crushed LMAO

So now it looks like i can have a party consisting of

Me
The annoying stray dog
My follower (Belrand)
His familiar wolf that he summons
My flame atronarch
and Verulus the new priest (mage)

Nobody even gives a shit about me when i enter a room. Even if they do i focus on them first then i pick off the rest easily after that. It's not the easiest to get around, and i have to make sure i don't accidentally finish the quest to lose one, but it looks like i have a practically immortal party.

so much for dumping my follower and the dog LMAO

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Crazy. I'm like that with all the games. Even the ones that have different endings and different experiences on different playthroughs (Dragon Age, Witcher, Mass Effect et al). I do my story, develop my character and that's it. I'm at a point in Skyrim now that if I experience some game-breaking bug, I'm just going to sell the game. Starting over is not an option.
OCD and You .... it's more than a bedtime story.

keg in kc
12-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm the kind of player who generally starts a game over 27 times until I feel like I'm getting it right.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
AH HA!!!

Now i know why this little fucker pushes me all over all the time.

Barbas- A Daedra's Best Friend- Barbas is the only temporary dog follower in the game. He also barks, whines, and pushes you incessantly if you drag him away from his quest.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

Frazod
12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
hold select button for a few seconds and it should grab body until you hit select button again to drop it.

which button depends on your settings and PC/console

Figured it was something that simple. Duh. :banghead:

Buck
12-06-2011, 02:09 PM

The other guys have some good loot though.

ReynardMuldrake
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
well shit. Went home over noon hour and played just a little bit. the one quest i decided to do led me to clear a cave/shrine out. not a big deal. a few draugrs and it was clean. Then the lady says we need a sacrifice or some shit and leads me to a priest in Markarth who I'm supposed to get to follow me to the shrine where he will be killed. What do i do? I find myself an elder dragon immediately to see if this guy will follow me anywhere and to see if he can die.

That dragon was absolutely crushed LMAO

So now it looks like i can have a party consisting of

Me
The annoying stray dog
My follower (Belrand)
His familiar wolf that he summons
My flame atronarch
and Verulus the new priest (mage)

Nobody even gives a shit about me when i enter a room. Even if they do i focus on them first then i pick off the rest easily after that. It's not the easiest to get around, and i have to make sure i don't accidentally finish the quest to lose one, but it looks like i have a practically immortal party.

so much for dumping my follower and the dog LMAO

That's awesome. I did the same thing for Oblivion. I always had a posse of 7-8 unkillable followers tagging along with me wherever I went.

Pants
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm getting the Azura's Star tonight. You guys are making me nervous because strong casters are the only ones who can put a dent in my massive health bar.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm getting the Azura's Star tonight. You guys are making me nervous because strong casters are the only ones who can put a dent in my massive health bar.

Fast healing and fireball. :D

Pants
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Fast healing and fireball. :D

I don't do any of that magic crap. My magicka is still at the default 100 points. The only magic I use is transmute and the first available healing spell, that's it. Not a big fan of ranged combat, I like to run up and decapitate folks while absorbing their health and their souls. :D

Buck
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I just unlocked the decapitate perk yesterday. I forgot I had it and the first time I used it, I squealed like a little girl.

Pants
12-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I just unlocked the decapitate perk yesterday. I forgot I had it and the first time I used it, I squealed like a little girl.

Shit never gets old, brah. There are a couple of different animation and they're glorious. Also, different enemies have different ones too... there are special ways to kill predator beasts, draugars and dragons.

I wonder what the dragon kill animation is like with a two handed weapon.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
If i ever decide to do another character, which at this point seems like alot of work, I'm going to do a fully solo, hand to hand combat dude. probably duel wield.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/76/33/f3851c1d804e9b4800a5e8b285a34dac.jpg

Buck
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
You guys should honestly not do every side-quest on your first play-through, and stick to one side of the map (east or west depending on if you are stormcloak (east) / imperial (west)). Then you can do a second play-through as a different race and different class, and do all new missions. That's what I did and it's like a whole different game.

ChiefFripp
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/76/33/f3851c1d804e9b4800a5e8b285a34dac.jpg

Too right!

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
If i ever decide to do another character, which at this point seems like alot of work, I'm going to do a fully solo, hand to hand combat dude. probably duel wield.
I tell myself the same thing all the time but i never do.

I'm a range/magic/zookeeper finesse player in virtually any game that allows it.

Buck
12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I was just in the middle of the most huge battle I've ever been a part of and my game crashed. FUCK.

Sofa King
12-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Apparently that annoying dog will attack NPC's whenever I'm out in the wild, even if I'm friendly with them and/or communicating with them. People hate him.

I guess I may have to get rid of him and get a different dog.

Pants
12-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Got the Azura's Star last night. I thought it would be a lot harder but thankfully the sunken fort was full of necromancers instead of mages. It was a freaking slaughter. I did have to use a couple of health potions when fighting those daedra dudes shooting powerful fire all over the place inside the Star, though.

Now I have a permanent Black Soul Gem. :evil:

frankotank
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Frank's post is hilarious.

How much experience do you have with RPGs?

don't **** with me! I'm better with an RPG than you are....

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/rpg-7_2.jpg

actually I always play shooter games. no rpg's. first timer here. killed my first dragon last night and was shocked how easy it was. shot that sumbitch with about 20 arrows but he wouldn't die. he landed I said **** it....ran at him shooting fire while he was shooting fire at me (I'm wearing a hood and jacket that increase magic...no armor) I'm completely surrounded by fire...about to die....and the dragon dropped dead. I am a shout boy now. hooray! I was cracking up last night - I'm at some dudes shop and I'd just crouch next to a weapon I wanted to steal and wait until I was "unobserved" and take it while the dude stands right next to me. what a dork.

how do you increase how many pounds you can carry...cause I want everything!

frankotank
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
by the way, completed the quest last night where I had to bring the golden claw to the dude at the store. I was told there would be a reward. when I gave it to him the quest was marked as complete and it said something like "I returned the claw and was rewareded". that bastard didn't give me ANYTHING. so I robbed him blind. thought about killing him but didn't know what ...... if anything.... would happen if I did. why didn't I get some money yo?

Fried Meat Ball!
12-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Patch 1.3 is out for Steam users. No news yet on when xBox or PS3 patch will come down.