PDA

View Full Version : Life Does anyone believe in the mayan calender?

crispystl420
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
The doomsday 2012 movie got me thinking. The Mayan's calender ends 12/21/12 Those guys knew some crazy things. Does anyone take any stock in this?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-21-2009, 12:19 PM
And the meek shall inherit the Earth.

petegz28
06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
It is amazing with the way things are going now that the closer we get to 2012 the worse things get.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:29 PM
And the meek shall inherit the Earth.

My ass is doomed.

crispystl420
06-21-2009, 12:30 PM
It is amazing with the way things are going now that the closer we get to 2012 the worse things get.

It makes you wonder. Especially considering all of the unexplained advanced technology they possessed.

Fairplay
06-21-2009, 12:30 PM
They could only count up to 2012.

I don't believe they were real smart people.

kstater
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Forgive me if I don't believe in a group of peoples that found a way to extinct themselves.

DaneMcCloud
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
ROFL

No.

kcfanXIII
06-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Forgive me if I don't believe in a group of peoples that found a way to extinct themselves.

ya the diseases brought over for europe don't have anything to do with that...

kstater
06-21-2009, 12:36 PM
ya the diseases brought over for europe don't have anything to do with that...

If they were such prophets, they would have seen it coming.

LaChapelle
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
They don't know when the countdown/calender began. They can only guess, it's not like they knew A.D from B.C.. The Mayans died off centuries ago.

Baconeater
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, time to run up your credit cards and take out mortgages you'll never be able to pay back.

Wait, we already did that.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes, time to run up your credit cards and take out mortgages you'll never be able to pay back.

Wait, we already did that.

Damn!

I'm trying to pay off my credit card debt.

I'm all fucked up.

:doh!:

Ari Chi3fs
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
What's NOT to believe? Of course I believe it.

It is a 25,625 year cycle of time... of the Earth rotations in our galaxy.

Does it mean it is the END of the world? NO. It means the cycle resets itself.

What the reset means, is that we are crossing the "equator" of our galaxy, the "galactic equator" ... which hasn't happened in 25,625 years...

In the past, however, the earths magnetic polarity has shifted... and at the rate that the earths magnetic field is declining... it wouldn't surprise me.

But, I don't think it is the end of time. It is the end of a Giant AGE of time, however.

It's like 11:59:59 pm... then it goes to 00:00:01 ... same principle.

L.A. Chieffan
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
i have my fallout shelter ready...

BigChiefFan
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Nobody knows the end of the world, but I do believe the Mayans were certainly advanced in their mathematics and observation of the stars. 12/21/12 is when all the planets in our solar system are in perfect alignment.

Bwana
06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
:spock:

WE ARE DOOMED I TELL YOU, DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

kstater
I don't know if I can handle the end of the world. I'm still recovering from Y2K.

Hydrae

In some ways with the way so many people are getting focused on it it almost seems like it could be a self-fulfilling kind of thing. I doubt anything dramatic will happen that particular day but I do think we are going through some changes as a race. Life in 10 years will be quite a bit different than it is today.

Saulbadguy
06-21-2009, 12:47 PM

What the reset means, is that we are crossing the "equator" of our galaxy, the "galactic equator" ... which hasn't happened in 25,625 years...

In the past, however, the earths magnetic polarity has shifted... and at the rate that the earths magnetic field is declining... it wouldn't surprise me.

But, I don't think it is the end of time. It is the end of a Giant AGE of time, however.

It's like 11:59:59 pm... then it goes to 00:00:01 ... same principle.

That is pretty much exactly what our tour guide said when visiting the Mayan ruins of Tulum.

Baconeater
06-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't know if I can handle the end of the world. I'm still recovering from Y2K.
No one will ever fully recover from that.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
No one will ever fully recover from that.

Hell, I'm still trying to recover from the 80s.

Stewie
06-21-2009, 12:52 PM

Did you miss the 1984 crisis? People prepared for the end back then. And what about the Heaven's Gate nutjobs?

StcChief
06-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't know if I can handle the end of the world. I'm still recovering from Y2K.plenty of time for this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem since most "real" machines of business record run UNIX. That will be another IT issue, last not wait until 2034 to start like the last time 1996. :)

Valiant
06-21-2009, 01:28 PM
That is pretty much exactly what our tour guide said when visiting the Mayan ruins of Tulum.

Fucking wall..

Bowser
06-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Between my Y2K rations and the cellaphane I bought to protect my house from terrorist attack, I'm golden!

Crashride
06-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Im not gonna lie. The whole topic fascinates me and has me worried at the same time. By all means keep this thread going. Someone in the media section in the 2012 movie thread posted something about humans evolving into some 5th dimension or something.

crispystl420
06-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Hell, I'm still trying to recover from the 80s.
I'm still trying to recover from the Herm Edwards regime.

StcChief
06-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Between my Y2K rations and the cellaphane I bought to protect my house from terrorist attack, I'm golden!
don't for get the stocked bomb shelter built in 1962

LaChapelle
06-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Perhaps 2012 is when they estimated they would run out of other cultures to sacrifice to the gods. brilliant people that they were.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
If they were such prophets, they would have seen it coming.

LMAO Rep

rocks
06-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe I will finally be able to use all that Y2K ammo I bought!!!!

stevieray
06-21-2009, 04:00 PM
They could only count up to 2012.

I don't believe they were real smart people.

I disgress. their tracking/predicting of Lunar cycles, etc was very precise ..ie a matter of seconds..

JimNasium
06-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Mayan Astronomer #1: I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome calculating our calendar.
Mayan Astronomer #2: What year have you calculated too?
Mayan Astronomer #1: The year 2012!!!!
Mayan Astronomer #2: Jesus, take a break. You can continue later, it's not like our civilization is going to collapse.

CrazyPhuD
06-21-2009, 04:18 PM
2012 the year our alien overlords come to pick up their science experiment.

Gonzo
06-21-2009, 04:30 PM
With our luck, the Chiefs will be 14-0 with a 4,000 yard passer and a 2,000 yard rusher. The defense will be ranked # 1 in the league and the the fucking world will end.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
06-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Cool. Four days before Christmas. I won't have to buy presents, and can splurge that cash on hookers and booze and await the End of Days.

Mojo Jojo
06-21-2009, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Ari Chi3fs;5853564]What's NOT to believe? Of course I believe it.

Well just who will Al Gore blame for this shifting of polarity?

milkman
06-21-2009, 07:12 PM

Well just who will Al Gore blame for this shifting of polarity?

The creator of the internet.

Detoxing
06-21-2009, 07:19 PM
With our luck, the Chiefs will be 14-0 with a 4,000 yard passer and a 2,000 yard rusher. The defense will be ranked # 1 in the league and the the fucking world will end.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Third Eye
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Nobody knows the end of the world, but I do believe the Mayans were certainly advanced in their mathematics and observation of the stars. 12/21/12 is when all the planets in our solar system are in perfect alignment.

No, the planets won't be aligned. Some have said that 2012 marks the alignment of the solstice sun with the galactic center, but that is not exactly true either. The sun is in fact crossing the galactic center, however it is in all actuality a 36 year process which was at its exact center in 1998. The only real cosmological phenomenon that is going to occur in 2012 is that the solstice will take place at 11:11 gmt. While I remain highly sceptical, I must admit that I will be a little anxious when the day actually comes.

Edit: ok, not gmt, but rather ut (universal time), a term used by the us naval observatory and other countries around the globe. Very close to gmt, but differs slightly.

In addition, I'm mildly surprised no one has mentioned terrence McKenna. He arrived at the same date, supposedly independent of the Mayan calander, since his research into what he called "timewave zero" originated before the Mayan calender became part of popular culture.

StcChief
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
The Mayan weed ruled.

KcFanInGA
06-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I find it interesting how the date could coincide with the antichrist breaking a seven year treaty with Israel. Look that up. Or not.

Skip Towne
06-21-2009, 10:44 PM
calendar not calender

BossChief
06-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Didnt Nastradamus predict armageddon in 2012 as well?

Man survived through the last polar shift and we will survive through this one as well.

global warming is a bigger issue in relevance to an end of days event

Saccopoo
06-22-2009, 12:35 AM
The doomsday 2012 movie got me thinking. The Mayan's calender ends 12/21/12 Those guys knew some crazy things. Does anyone take any stock in this?

What crazy things did they know? Other than believing that the Spaniards were gods because they could ride a horse? Or that they built really sloppy pyramids and were still sacrificing virgins to a multi-deity religion based on zero understanding of nature? Or that 1500 years before their "empire" was buttraped by Eurotrash imperialism, that the Greeks already did everything that their society had accomplished at it's zenith and were producing plays and philosophical and scientific concepts that are still relevant today?

Besides, when the sun swallows the earth in 3.8 billion years, does any of this hypothetical doomsday bullshit really matter?

Crush
06-22-2009, 01:07 AM
The Mayan Calendar ends in 2012, because they ran out of room.

listopencil
06-22-2009, 03:06 AM
I don't know but I doubt it's anything special. How far ahead can the calendar in your PC go? I mean- 2012 was pretty far into the future for these guys. Why would they give shit what happened in 2012?

listopencil
06-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Im not gonna lie. The whole topic fascinates me and has me worried at the same time. By all means keep this thread going. Someone in the media section in the 2012 movie thread posted something about humans evolving into some 5th dimension or something.

You're probably talking about that crap I posted in the 2012 movie thread. I copied and pasted it. The link at the top was in the original post on the comment board of the site. I think the lady that it links to is the author.

listopencil
06-22-2009, 03:23 AM
Found it-

http://www.survive2012.com/bast_theory.php?comment_id=bast_theory.php&comment_page=1#comments

CrazyPhuD
06-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Found it-

http://www.survive2012.com/bast_theory.php?comment_id=bast_theory.php&comment_page=1#comments

wow I actually feel dumber for reading that...seriously shit like that makes me hope that the human race does manage to exterminate itself in the near future, so as to remove the blight of our idiocy from the universe.

J Diddy
06-22-2009, 03:40 AM
calendar not calender

Are you sure it's not colander?

MOhillbilly
06-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't know but I doubt it's anything special. How far ahead can the calendar in your PC go? I mean- 2012 was pretty far into the future for these guys. Why would they give shit what happened in 2012?

reminds me of the opening to Thundar the Barbarian.
' In the year 1994....'

tooge
06-22-2009, 09:34 AM
They also believed there were 5 of these cycles. Each one lasting 5 thousand and some odd years. Guess what? The earth has been around alot longer than 25 thousand years. It's bs. I would make sure you buy plenty of milk, gas, bread, eggs for a few days prior though, as every idiot in the world is gonna be stockpiling goods.

bdeg
06-22-2009, 09:53 AM
In addition, I'm mildly surprised no one has mentioned terrence McKenna. He arrived at the same date, supposedly independent of the Mayan calander, since his research into what he called "timewave zero" originated before the Mayan calender became part of popular culture.

that's scary.

i don't agree with all of mckenna's ideas, but i think there's a lot more to psychedelics than most perceive.

edit: scary... and invalidated.

"On this basis, McKenna originally chose the date of ultimate singularity—December 21, 2012—by looking for a particularly "novel" event in recent history, and using this as the beginning of what he conceived to be a final 67.29 year cycle; the event he chose was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, which gave an end-date in mid-November of 2012, but when he discovered the proximity of this date to the end of the current 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan calendar on 21 December 2012, he adjusted the end date to fit.[8][9]"
-wiki timewave zero

MOhillbilly
06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
They also believed there were 5 of these cycles. Each one lasting 5 thousand and some odd years. Guess what? The earth has been around alot longer than 25 thousand years. It's bs. I would make sure you buy plenty of milk, gas, bread, eggs for a few days prior though, as every idiot in the world is gonna be stockpiling goods.

sounds kinda like himmler - ahnenerbe ss mythology about the aryan atlantians. With the whole Third Age and the moons crashing in to the earth.

Guru
06-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Personally, I think they were just lazy and just stopped on that day. Everyone else is just reading into it now.

Third Eye
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
that's scary.

i don't agree with all of mckenna's ideas, but i think there's a lot more to psychedelics than most perceive.

"On this basis, McKenna originally chose the date of ultimate singularity—December 21, 2012—by looking for a particularly "novel" event in recent history, and using this as the beginning of what he conceived to be a final 67.29 year cycle; the event he chose was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, which gave an end-date in mid-November of 2012, but when he discovered the proximity of this date to the end of the current 13-baktun cycle of the Mayan calendar on 21 December 2012, he adjusted the end date to fit.[8][9]"
-wiki timewave zero
Interesting, I had not read that last part before.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Undecided.

KCtotheSB
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
that's scary.

-wiki timewave zero

..........................what?

kkell
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
With our luck, the Chiefs will be 14-0 with a 4,000 yard passer and a 2,000 yard rusher. The defense will be ranked # 1 in the league and the the ****ing world will end.
Posted via Mobile Device

at least the royals will have just won the 2012 world series a few months ago

listopencil
06-22-2009, 01:34 PM
With our luck, the Chiefs will be 14-0 with a 4,000 yard passer and a 2,000 yard rusher. The defense will be ranked # 1 in the league and the the ****ing world will end.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reminds me of a joke.

A guy from Missouri dies and goes to Hell. Satan immediately begins screwing with him. First he puts him a closed room and turns the humidity up to ridiculous levels. Satan goes in and asks him,"So...how's it going?" The guy replies,"Pretty good. Feels like home"

Miffed, Satan cranks up the miserable heat along with the humidity. He goes to check on the guy again. "Feels like Summer back home", he says.

Now Satan cranks down the heat and begins an unbearable freezing of the room. He goes to check on the guy. "Feels like Winter back home" he says.

Pissed, Satan makes the room as cold as he possibly can. Even the hallway outside looks like a frozen wasteland. To his delight he hears loud screaming coming from the room and rushes in. He sees the guy jumping and hollering with a look of wild joy on his face. Finally cracking, Satan screams,"What are you so happy about?" to which the guy replies,"The Chiefs won the Superbowl! The Chiefs won the Superbowl!"

tomahawk kid
06-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Pretty sure that's the next coming of Gozer the Destroyer.......

DJay23
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Reminds me of a joke.

A guy from Missouri dies and goes to Hell. Satan immediately begins screwing with him. First he puts him a closed room and turns the humidity up to ridiculous levels. Satan goes in and asks him,"So...how's it going?" The guy replies,"Pretty good. Feels like home"

Miffed, Satan cranks up the miserable heat along with the humidity. He goes to check on the guy again. "Feels like Summer back home", he says.

Now Satan cranks down the heat and begins an unbearable freezing of the room. He goes to check on the guy. "Feels like Winter back home" he says.

Pissed, Satan makes the room as cold as he possibly can. Even the hallway outside looks like a frozen wasteland. To his delight he hears loud screaming coming from the room and rushes in. He sees the guy jumping and hollering with a look of wild joy on his face. Finally cracking, Satan screams,"What are you so happy about?" to which the guy replies,"The Chiefs won the Superbowl! The Chiefs won the Superbowl!"

ROFL

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Reminds me of a joke.

LMAO Fucker.

Rausch
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
reminds me of the opening to Thundar the Barbarian.
' In the year 1994....'

28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds. That... is when the world... will end...

JuicesFlowing
06-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I visited the ancient Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza last March in the Yucatan. The tour guide set some myths straight. The Mayans don't believe "the world is going to end" ... they do however, believe in new cycles. 2012 is going to be a new cycle ... that can be interpreted in many ways.

CoMoChief
06-22-2009, 03:25 PM

I believe it......Obama will lead us into a Nuclear WW3.

We will have to, to take care of all the debt we are going to have.

It's happened before......look what WW2 did for the US economy after the depression.

FAX
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
It wasn't just the Maya who figured this out. The Hopi peeps also had/have a belief that the year 2012 was a turning point in the Earth's life cycle. Of course, some anthropologists theorize (based, in part, on this similar prophecy) that the Hopi are descendants of the Maya and/or other ancient South American peeps. Based on DNA testing, however, this remains somewhat unclear.

However, there is an interesting additional commonality between the two cultures and it has to do with Kachina dolls. I'm sure many of you have seen these. These dolls aren't merely craft or toys and they aren't part of a bizarre, evil voodoo ritual or kitsch to be sold in desert 7/11s. They are, in fact, representations of alien beings. The Hopi believe that alien beings once visited Earth and taught the Hopi peeps things like agriculture, irrigation, astronomy and some really good cuss words. Then the alien beings left, promising to return at some future date. The Kachina dolls are made to remind the Hopi children what the aliens looked like so future Hopi generations will recognize the aliens when they return. Some Hopi ritual dances in which Hopi dudes wear Kachina masks are, in fact, also recreations of the arrival and departure of these aliens.

FAX

seclark
06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
aliens got some big f@ckin ears.

Pestilence
06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
2012 the year our alien overlords come to pick up their science experiment.

Sweet....that means that after 2012....we won't have to deal with Tom Cruise anymore.

Rausch
06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I believe it......Obama will lead us into a Nuclear WW3.

We will have to, to take care of all the debt we are going to have.

:spock:

If there's a WWIII there won't be any economy.

For that matter there won't be a lot of things, like buildings or skin...

Chaunceythe3rd
06-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Where is David Koresh when we need his wisdom and guidance?

Ebolapox
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Reminds me of a joke.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
It wasn't just the Maya who figured this out. The Hopi peeps also had/have a belief that the year 2012 was a turning point in the Earth's life cycle. Of course, some anthropologists theorize (based, in part, on this similar prophecy) that the Hopi are descendants of the Maya and/or other ancient South American peeps. Based on DNA testing, however, this remains somewhat unclear.

However, there is an interesting additional commonality between the two cultures and it has to do with Kachina dolls. I'm sure many of you have seen these. These dolls aren't merely craft or toys and they aren't part of a bizarre, evil voodoo ritual or kitsch to be sold in desert 7/11s. They are, in fact, representations of alien beings. The Hopi believe that alien beings once visited Earth and taught the Hopi peeps things like agriculture, irrigation, astronomy and some really good cuss words. Then the alien beings left, promising to return at some future date. The Kachina dolls are made to remind the Hopi children what the aliens looked like so future Hopi generations will recognize the aliens when they return. Some Hopi ritual dances in which Hopi dudes wear Kachina masks are, in fact, also recreations of the arrival and departure of these aliens.

FAX

This is why earthlings haven't been allowed to explore outside of the moon and have been confined to orbiting the Earth in either our joint-effort space station or in space shuttles for the past several decades.

The extraterrestrial beings that visited the Mayan and Hopi people want it this way. They want to make sure we're ready to be part of the galactic community.

In 2012, we'll come face to face with those aliens.

It will be a defining point in human evolution.

Ebolapox
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
This is why earthlings haven't been allowed to explore outside of the moon and have been confined to orbiting the Earth in either our joint-effort space station or in space shuttles for the past several decades.

The extraterrestrial beings that visited the Mayan and Hopi people want it this way. They want to make sure we're ready to be part of the galactic community.

It will be a defining point in human evolution.

are you serious?

ROFL

I enjoy reading the various conspiracy theories too, but jesus, you've jumped the goddamned shark there.

alright, that's out of my system...

so, you are serious? and you actually draw a paycheck (and thus aren't posting this from the asylum)?

alright, I'm curious. evidence? and please don't send me to any youtube coast-to-coast episodes. good, solid, scientifically sound evidence would rock.

Mile High Mania
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
All we have to do is convince Locke and the others to return to the island... they reverse the donkey wheel and everything is restored.... sorta.

DaneMcCloud
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
are you serious?

ROFL

I enjoy reading the various conspiracy theories too, but jesus, you've jumped the goddamned shark there.

alright, that's out of my system...

so, you are serious? and you actually draw a paycheck (and thus aren't posting this from the asylum)?

alright, I'm curious. evidence? and please don't send me to any youtube coast-to-coast episodes. good, solid, scientifically sound evidence would rock.

ROFL

I'm just having fun, Dude. I just made it all up.

MahiMike
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I dunno but I can't wait for the movie. Might even go to the actual moovy theatur.

bevischief
06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
It is not 2012 yet? So maybe...

FAX
06-22-2009, 08:07 PM
ROFL

I both recognize and understand this code, Mr. DaneMcCloud. It's cool.

FAX

Ebolapox
06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
ROFL

ROFL

you posted that shit in another thread a week or so ago... I didn't put much thought into it until your second post on that same thought thread, then the small thought bubble goes off... 'well, he does live in hollyweird, maybe he's insane. may as well ask.'

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Alright, I can't take the misnomer anymore:

Yes, I believe the Mayan's had a fucking calendar.
I believe they put a picture of a half-naked woman atop each month.
I believe they missed leap year,
And I believe they played basketball with human heads.

There!

Guru
06-23-2009, 04:59 AM

It will be a defining point in human evolution.Nice work of fiction there Dane.:clap:

J Diddy
06-23-2009, 05:26 AM

you do realize that there were people in the 1800's who felt the world was so evil it was on the verge of God destroying it?

BossChief
06-23-2009, 05:51 AM

Ya know, fuck all the stories and the mumbo jumbo

this "doll" does resemble a spaceshuttle, does it not?

MOhillbilly
06-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Ya know, **** all the stories and the mumbo jumbo

this "doll" does resemble a spaceshuttle, does it not?

-turns hand into imaginary 'spaceshuttle'- wobbles it back and forth- makes distressed engine noise- crashes into desk-

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice work of fiction there Dane.:clap:

Thank you.

I'll be here all week.

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Thank you.

I'll be here all week.

So Dane; is ILM handling the Moon Mission, or did NASA go with the firm that did LOTR?

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
So Dane; is ILM handling the Moon Mission, or did NASA go with the firm that did LOTR?

No ILM or Weta Digital for this mission.

They're pulling out the big guns this time and going with Pixar.

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 11:45 AM
No ILM or Weta Digital for this mission.

They're pulling out the big guns this time and going with Pixar.

Excellent!:D

bdeg
06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
ROR excited about a pixar flick, why does this not surprise me

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
ROR excited about a pixar flick, why does this not surprise me

Not really, I just decided to go positive on my response instead of saying something to the effect of, "I hope they got the best, because they'll need it to pull off this latest farce of theirs".

:shrug:

bdeg
06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Not really, I just decided to go positive on my response instead of saying something to the effect of, "I hope they got the best, because they'll need it to pull off this latest farce of theirs".

:shrug:

oh im just playin, i thought you claim to appreciate a little smack talk

Raised On Riots
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
oh im just playin, i thought you claim to appreciate a little smack talk

:D

FAX
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
-turns hand into imaginary 'spaceshuttle'- wobbles it back and forth- makes distressed engine noise- crashes into desk-

ROFL

FAX

bevischief
06-23-2009, 06:35 PM

That is NASA's new space suit design.

bowener
06-23-2009, 07:19 PM

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

I believe in the mayan calendar as much as I do our own.

Its a designation for time, only more accurate and farther reaching than ours.

Our calendar turns over midnight of Jan 1st, there's turned over ever 26,500 years or so. Its the start of a new era, a new world view.

Hopefully one of prosperity and spreading humanity... is it not supposed to be one of technological explosion?

Perhaps the large hadron collider will find what it is looking for and revolutionize our sciences and our way of living toward something better.

RustShack
06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Isn't December 21 2012 just when we enter the sixth apocalypse? We survived the other five, there were just major natural disasters... I doubt this ones any worse.

RustShack
06-23-2009, 08:55 PM
My personal vote is thats when Yellowstone blows.

ThaVirus
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
My personal vote is thats when Yellowstone blows.

Well if the Discovery Channel is right, I'll pass on that one. We'll all be fucked