PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet What is the name of that Firefox VBulletin Global Ignore script?

Ari Chi3fs
06-21-2009, 12:43 PM
This PioliZombie guy and RoR... have to be globally deleted from my CP experience.

They spit their retardation over every thread...

There was a Greasemonkey script that literally makes them UNSEEN... what is that script?

vbff or something?

L.A. Chieffan
06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
didnt we used to have cpiggy or something?

Baconeater
06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
FFvb

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7023

This was brought up in the vailpass thread, and I just installed the new version and it works great.

DenverChief
06-21-2009, 01:09 PM
FFvb

This was brought up in the vailpass thread, and I just installed the new version and it works great.

agreed there are some trolls around here that just dissappeared!

Ari Chi3fs
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Holy shit this thing works AWESOME!

Petegz28 GONE
RoR GONE
Shitsprayer GONE
PioliZombie GONE

Chiefsplanet = Priceless!

irishjayhawk
06-21-2009, 01:59 PM

Petegz28 GONE
RoR GONE
Shitsprayer GONE
PioliZombie GONE

Chiefsplanet = better!

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2009, 02:01 PM

Petegz28 GONE
RoR GONE
Shitsprayer GONE
PioliZombie GONE

Chiefsplanet = better!

Redo that as a MasterCard commercial.. Priceless!

orange
06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't suppose there's anything like that for IE perchance?

irishjayhawk
06-21-2009, 02:03 PM

You're using IE?
:eek:

orange
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Here's something I just found. It looks like it needs to be done at the Server level, though. It might be a useful addition for the Forum.

I would like to call DaFace's attention to this:

Comprehensive Ignore System (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181626)

DaFace
06-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Here's something I just found. It looks like it needs to be done at the Server level, though. It might be a useful addition for the Forum.

I would like to call DaFace's attention to this:

Comprehensive Ignore System (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181626)

OOooohhhhh...I've been hoping someone would write something like that for a long time. Lemme check it out.

EDIT: Hmm...it looks like it was designed for vB 3.7 and hasn't been updated for 3.8. I might be able to get it to work, but it's going to take some time. I'll see what I can do.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
You're using IE?
:eek:

HAHAHAHAHHA

Tribal Warfare
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
This PioliZombie guy and RoR... have to be globally deleted from my CP experience.

There was a Greasemonkey script that literally makes them UNSEEN... what is that script?

vbff or something?

dirk digler
06-21-2009, 09:56 PM
OOooohhhhh...I've been hoping someone would write something like that for a long time. Lemme check it out.

EDIT: Hmm...it looks like it was designed for vB 3.7 and hasn't been updated for 3.8. I might be able to get it to work, but it's going to take some time. I'll see what I can do.

I have never used the ignore feature but this sounds actually pretty good.

Get on it DaFace. :D

Raised On Riots
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM

vbff or something?

I'm using it too. Welcome to the list!!!!

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 12:12 AM
My God; this is the greatest electronic device since the ATM!!!

Otter
06-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Wow, this is one of the best tools ever. Thank you VBM!!!

Short Leash Hootie
06-22-2009, 03:58 AM
lol

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 06:03 AM

Yep. Even this one.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Just installed it at work; it's Christmas in June!

TyCam
06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey all, glad you like ffvb... I'm working on a few more features, including storing your ignore/highlight lists online for easier retrieval.
but in the meantime, the latest updates includes an "import/export" feature in the preferences so if you use more than one copy of Firefox, you can copy your list over.

I'm open to feedback and suggestions on making it better.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/sydney206/freddie_mercury.jpg
Doodle-oop-doop-doop'
"AriCh3s bit the dust"!
Doodle-oop-doop-doop'
"Skip Towne bit the dust"!

And...Douchey is gone,
and Hootie is gone,
They all just bit the dust,
Hey; I'm gonna' dust you too,
Get outta' my sight or bust!

Look out!

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey all, glad you like ffvb... I'm working on a few more features, including storing your ignore/highlight lists online for easier retrieval.
but in the meantime, the latest updates includes an "import/export" feature in the preferences so if you use more than one copy of Firefox, you can copy your list over.

How do I get ignored users responses to NOT show up in my email.

I gotta' the douche on ignore, but I still gotta' se 'em my mail box!

Thanks!

Otter
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey all, glad you like ffvb... I'm working on a few more features, including storing your ignore/highlight lists online for easier retrieval. But in the meantime, the latest updates includes an "import/export" feature in the preferences so if you use more than one copy of Firefox, you can copy your list over.

Very nice addon. I haven't played with it too in depth yet so my only suggestion so far would be making "Raised on Riots" a static/global entry in the next update.

I'll definately PM you after I get a chane to poke around in there.

TyCam
06-22-2009, 11:14 AM
How do I get ignored users responses to NOT show up in my email.

I gotta' the douche on ignore, but I still gotta' se 'em my mail box!

Thanks!

Heh, sorry... Firefox addons have little control over your email box or server side email notifications.
I'd suggest email filters with the user's username ;)

TyCam
06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Very nice addon. I haven't played with it too in depth yet so my only suggestion so far would be making "Raised on Riots" a static/global entry in the next update.

You'd be surprised how many "global entry" suggestions I get from people on various boards! Seems every board has their share of wasted space.

I look forward to suggestions... I started FfvB as simply a way to ignore a users posts AND their threads. Then someone suggested including their quotes, then someone suggested just threads and not the user and so on and so forth.

I never imagined FfvB would have half of what it does now but it's all thanks to feedback and suggestions.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 11:17 AM

I wish it would work for me.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Heh, sorry... Firefox addons have little control over your email box or server side email notifications.
I'd suggest email filters with the user's username ;)

Thanks man!

You'd be surprised how many "global entry" suggestions I get from people on various boards! Seems every board has their share of wasted space.

I look forward to suggestions... I started FfvB as simply a way to ignore a users posts AND their threads. Then someone suggested including their quotes, then someone suggested just threads and not the user and so on and so forth.

I never imagined FfvB would have half of what it does now but it's all thanks to feedback and suggestions.

It's a great add-on; you did very well.

Oh, and ignore "Otter's" bullshit; he's a gay pedophile.

Otter
06-22-2009, 11:21 AM
I wish it would work for me.

Just install it, right click on user name, find the FVB options and choose "ignore user".

That's how it should work anyway.

TyCam
06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Just install it, right click on user name, find the FVB options and choose "ignore user".

Ah, but you don't even have to click on their name any more. V2+ now lets you just click anywhere in a post, or thread instead of having to click right on links.

But yes, that is essentially how it works. Right click, choose ignore.

I'm secretly working on some keyboard integration as well.... hold down a keyboard key, double click a user and they're gone. Needs some work still though.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 11:30 AM

It would be easier to just kill him.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I wish Douche Clowne would try to kill me; what a gay old time it would be.

Just Passin' By
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Ah, but you don't even have to click on their name any more. V2+ now lets you just click anywhere in a post, or thread instead of having to click right on links.

But yes, that is essentially how it works. Right click, choose ignore.

I'm secretly working on some keyboard integration as well.... hold down a keyboard key, double click a user and they're gone. Needs some work still though.

Well, it's off to an excellent start. Thanks for making it.

Sully
06-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm sure DaFace could answer this...
What has been the average amount of time it's taken a poster to notice he is on global ignore?

I just think that's funny to think about, some Mountain Dew marinated dork hunched over his keyboard typing out another in a long line of "good ones" without realizing no one has resonded to him in weeks.

DaFace
06-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm sure DaFace could answer this...
What has been the average amount of time it's taken a poster to notice he is on global ignore?

I just think that's funny to think about, some Mountain Dew marinated dork hunched over his keyboard typing out another in a long line of "good ones" without realizing no one has resonded to him in weeks.

I think we're currently working on a record actually. Typically people notice pretty quickly since other users can't help themselves but say "Hey, where did XXX's posts go?" after it happens. This recent one has been going for a while though. It's good entertainment for the mods, since we can still see their posts with a "click here to show" style of ignore.

Mr. Plow
06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow, this is one of the best tools ever. Thank you VBM!!!

I agree.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I love it, I love it, I love it!

It's like the Douchebag Crew got abducted by Aliens, never to return to the Planet.

Technology Rocks!

FAX
06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I think we're currently working on a record actually. Typically people notice pretty quickly since other users can't help themselves but say "Hey, where did XXX's posts go?" after it happens. This recent one has been going for a while though. It's good entertainment for the mods, since we can still see their posts with a "click here to show" style of ignore.

ROFL

It's me, right?

FAX

DaFace
06-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey, has anyone heard from FAX lately?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM

LMAO Not that any of you douchebags can read this............

FAX
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
That really is funny when you think about it. I wonder who it is. Who hasn't posted lately?

This is going to kill me.

FAX

doomy3
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
I love it, I love it, I love it!

It's like the Douchebag Crew got abducted by Aliens, never to return to the Planet.

Technology Rocks!

No one actually believes that you put anyone on ignore. You are all talk just like always.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
No one actually believes that you put anyone on ignore. You are all talk just like always.

Glad you showed up; I forgot to put you on ignore at work.

Later, Douche-drip!

doomy3
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM

Later, Douche-drip!

That's funny, because earlier in this thread you mentioned that you already put me on ignore. You're such a fucking douche.

Mr. Krab
Hey, has anyone heard from FAX lately?
Who is the "Fax" you refer to?

:evil:

TyCam

Later, Douche-drip!

If you are using the latest version of FfvB, you can copy and paste your XML ignore list, it's in the last tab of the preferences window.
So you can email it to yourself or what ever... and have your list anywhere you go.

I'm currently working on a sync method to do it online automatically. Should be ready soon so when you ignore someone on one computer, they'll be gone on the other computers you use as well so long as they're logged in.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 01:10 PM
It's not working for me. The shitty ones are still here.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 01:12 PM
If you are using the latest version of FfvB, you can copy and paste your XML ignore list, it's in the last tab of the preferences window.
So you can email it to yourself or what ever... and have your list anywhere you go.

I'm currently working on a sync method to do it online automatically. Should be ready soon so when you ignore someone on one computer, they'll be gone on the other computers you use as well so long as they're logged in.

Sounds great! You are a genius!

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Too bad Skip's a fucking retard who probably coudn't master running disk defrag, let alone your awesome add-on.

Que sera-sera.

FAX
Cool. It's like being the invisible man!!! I always wanted the power of invisibility!!!

So, I can say anything I want and nobody can see what I type?

Testing, testing .... one, two ... three ... anybody see this???

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
are you using firefox Skip? The latest version?

Ari Chi3fs
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
That is weird. How long has it been since FAX posted. I haven't seen him in forever.

Buehler445
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

It better not be Laz. If he's trying to post pages and pages of boobies and you're keeping me from seeing them....Bad things will happen.

DaFace
06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
It better not be Laz. If he's trying to post pages and pages of boobies and you're keeping me from seeing them....Bad things will happen.

Na, it's not a regular, and it's someone who I'd imagine most would agree deserved it.

Sully
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM
That really is funny when you think about it. I wonder who it is. Who hasn't posted lately?

FAX

I bet I can guess.

Kerberos
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM

Later, Douche-drip!

The way you are making friends on here GoChiefs and I will be the only ones that can see your posts.

I refuse to put anyone on ignore.

The incredulous dumbassery in abundance by other posters makes my day go by quicker.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Sounds great! You are a genius!

See what I mean?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
It's too bad this is actually needed. Douchebags gone wild around here.

FAX
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
This is awesome!!!! Okay ... let's see ...

Mr. Rain Man wears soupy pants!!!!

Mr. kcnut's girlfriend has a mole on her tittah!!!

Mr. Skip Towne doesn't wash his hands after he pees!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

FAX THE INVISIBLE

FAX
06-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I bet I can guess.

You can see me?

Mr. Sully???

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
If FAX has posted on here, he should check his rep.

seclark
06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
You can see me?

Mr. Sully???

FAX

i can see you...we both might be on universal ignore.
now about that teetah w/a mole...link?
sec

Dave Lane
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Petegz28 GONE
RoR GONE
Shitsprayer GONE
PioliZombie GONE

Chiefsplanet = Priceless!

Couldn't you just type in "remove all crazies" and get the same result? :)

Dave Lane
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM

FAX

I'm thinking Comanche...

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
are you using firefox Skip? The latest version?

No, IE.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking Comanche...

No, he tried to ruin my US Open thread just this morning.

FAX
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM
No, IE.

I know you can't see this, but I think you would find FF to be a superior browser, Mr. Skip Towne.

It took a long time for me to decide to switch over but, when I finally did, I liked it better.

Oh ... and you spill food when you eat ... ROFL ...

FAX THE INVISIBLE

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't have any choice.

RJ
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey, this is great! I put all of you on ignore, now the only posts I can see are mine. Losers!! Wait....I'm a douche too. I'll put myself on ignore.

There, that's be

FAX
06-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I know you can't see this, but ...

Why can't you switch to Firefox, Mr. Skip Towne? Don't they have Firefox where you live? Are you using someone else's computer system? Did IE change a bunch of settings on your PC? Are you related to somebody at Microsoft?

Oh, and by the way ... you have Britney Spears' entire CD collection hidden in your sock drawer ... ROFL ...

FAX THE INVISIBLER THAN MOST

Sully
06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
This place has gone to shit since FAX left.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM
The way you are making friends on here GoChiefs and I will be the only ones that can see your posts.

I refuse to put anyone on ignore.

The incredulous dumbassery in abundance by other posters makes my day go by quicker.

Get on board the train, man! Ride the latest monkey house extravaganza!

Mr. Krab
06-22-2009, 03:04 PM
This place has gone to shit since FAX left.
We should have a "Mourning Fax Day" or benefit in remembrance of him.

Raised On Riots
06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I miss my nemesis...

Mr. Plow
06-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Wow that's nice. Shows up in my subscribed threads showing the user, but the post isn't there when you open the thread.

wild1
06-22-2009, 03:13 PM
You guys are too sensitive.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2009, 05:27 PM
It better not be Laz. If he's trying to post pages and pages of boobies and you're keeping me from seeing them....Bad things will happen.I'm only liked for my pr0n!

:deevee::deevee:

Baconeater
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't have any choice.
Why not? Aren't you using your own computer?

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Why not? Aren't you using your own computer?

I have webtv. It has IE

DaFace
06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I have webtv. It has IE

Y'know...if it weren't for you I would have thought WebTV died out around 5 years ago. :p

booger
06-22-2009, 05:43 PM
That is weird. How long has it been since FAX posted. I haven't seen him in forever.

i have not either

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Y'know...if it weren't for you I would have thought WebTV died out around 5 years ago. :p

They have a new version called MSNTV2. It's what I use. It's not very good but it does what I need.

Skip Towne
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
i have not either

FAX has been posting today.

booger
06-22-2009, 05:54 PM

i know.:D

i was playing along with the silly game where people thought was posting but nobody could see him. Don't tell him its not true. He is from Tennessee and doesn't know any better.

Baconeater
06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I have webtv. It has IE
Still? You're probably hosed then.

kstater
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I like the ignore avatar/signature option.

kstater
06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Badass, I can ignore KU prefixes.

DaFace
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
youd think i havent pimped this extension like crazy in the past :shake:
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
06-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I had you on ignore and no one ever quoted you. :)

But truthfully, I used to have it, comp crashed, never got it back after getting a new hard drive.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Way to catch the joke and sarcasm, ya ol' fart. Onset of senility already?

TyCam
06-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:clap:

Buehler445
06-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Na, it's not a regular, and it's someone who I'd imagine most would agree deserved it.

I'm thinking Comanche...

I was thinking that too. I guess I haven't been around for all the douchebaggery.

I'm only liked for my pr0n!

:deevee::deevee:

No. Most certainly not. However, if he globally iggied the porn....Death.

Tribal Warfare
06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

sticky the link then with the purpose and explanation why it's easier to proceed with instead of the constant hassle with ban demands and threads

orange
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It takes a village.

DaFace
06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
sticky the link then with the purpose and explanation why it's easier to proceed with instead of the constant hassle with ban demands and threads
i stickied a thread about it for a week a while back
Posted via Mobile Device

Ari Chi3fs
06-22-2009, 09:33 PM
They have a new version called MSNTV2. It's what I use. It's not very good but it does what I need.

Is yours with the cool baby blue keyboard?

http://www.msntv.com/pc/

Tribal Warfare
06-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Another idea is you could insert the addon link to "Quick Links" too

Just Passin' By
06-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Then you've done enough. If the complainers can't figure out the ignore feature, that's on them.

Crush
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Has this quit working for anyone else?

Crush
06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Nevermind it seems to be working now, weird.

Ari Chi3fs
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM
100!!