PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Painful

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 11:55 AM
We are up 21-10 with 1:19 left in the game. How do we lose this game?

I just watched the Charger game vs Chiefs at the end of the year, on NFLN re-play. Talk about horrible football. We sucked in every way, defense was ridiculous, special teams was the worst! Our Offense was terrible. Bowe coughs up the onside kick, Thigpen throws a pass over the middle to Tony with 6 seconds left, if not for a penalty the game would be over. Barth still has a chance to kick a 50 yard game winner and misses.
That game sums up Herm Edwards perfectly. The worst!

milkman
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Masochist

Bwana
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
One word............HERM.

gblowfish
06-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Bowe on the hands team.
Nuff said.

DenverChief
06-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Barth still has a chance to kick a 50 yard game winner and misses.

Barth is a good kicler that was just one of the toughest spots to be in in the world

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Barth is a good kicler that was just one of the toughest spots to be in in the world

Thats what seperates the good kickers from the rest.

DenverChief
06-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Thats what seperates the good kickers from the rest.

Nick Lowry missed a 51 yarder in the 1990 playoffs vs Miami to win the game...he was one of the best ever

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Nick Lowry missed a 51 yarder in the 1990 playoffs vs Miami to win the game...he was one of the best ever

You didnt just compare Connor Barth to Nick Lowry?

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:19 PM

He compared FGs.

And Lowery missed a lot of tough FGs.

DenverChief
06-21-2009, 12:19 PM

nope I compared the situations...and Lowry was one of the best so what do you expect from a rookie kicker?

Rausch
06-21-2009, 12:25 PM
What saddens me is that even as horrible as we played we still COULD have won that game.

Frankly, we could have won 7 or 8 last year.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:25 PM
nope I compared the situations...and Lowry was one of the best so what do you expect from a rookie kicker?

I expect BOTH kickers to make that field goal. Just like I expect my QB to make the winning throw. My WR to make the winning catch...etc.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I expect BOTH kickers to make that field goal. Just like I expect my QB to make the winning throw. My WR to make the winning catch...etc.

Your and idiot.

A 50 yard FG isn't some chip shot.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:27 PM
What saddens me is that even as horrible as we played we still COULD have won that game.

Frankly, we could have won 7 or 8 last year.

Agreed. Thats what gives me hope for this year. I know we should keep expectations low with the schedule we have but when you think about last year and how close we were in so many games, I cant help but get excited.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Your and idiot.

A 50 yard FG isn't some chip shot.

I didnt say it was, I still expect my kicker to make it. You dont?

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:30 PM

No, I don't.

I highly doubt you'd find any kicker that hits on more than about 55% of kicks at 50 yards or over.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:38 PM
No, I don't.

I highly doubt you'd find any kicker that hits on more than about 55% of kicks at 50 yards or over.

It doesnt matter if he missed two 52 yard kicks earlier in the game, Its the game winner that will allow him to keep his job. That is the kick I want him to make. He can be 40% from above 50 but, hit the game winner.

You have to wonder, if he makes that kick, do we still sign Succop?

sd4chiefs
06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
We are up 21-10 with 1:19 left in the game. How do we lose this game?

I just watched the Charger game vs Chiefs at the end of the year, on NFLN re-play. Talk about horrible football. We sucked in every way, defense was ridiculous, special teams was the worst! Our Offense was terrible. Bowe coughs up the onside kick, Thigpen throws a pass over the middle to Tony with 6 seconds left, if not for a penalty the game would be over. Barth still has a chance to kick a 50 yard game winner and misses.
That game sums up Herm Edwards perfectly. The worst!

It was really painful for me because I live here in Bandwagon City. I went nuts. I screamed for about 10 minutes at the end of the game. I am surprised my neighbors didn't call the cops thinking that someone was being murdered.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:42 PM
It doesnt matter if he missed two 52 yard kicks earlier in the game, Its the game winner that will allow him to keep his job. That is the kick I want him to make. He can be 40% from above 50 but, hit the game winner.

You have to wonder, if he makes that kick, do we still sign Succop?

How many kickers have missed clutch kicks?

Great kickers.

Gary Anderson when the Vikings have a chance to go to the SB misses his first kick of the season in the NFC Championship.

What was, a 47 yarder?

Scott Norwood, who had been a pretty consistent kicker misses a 49 yarder in the SB.

Your expectation is unrealistic.

Just looked it up, and it was Gary Anderson, and a 38 yard FG attempt.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 12:50 PM
How many kickers have missed clutch kicks?

Great kickers.

Morton Anderson when the Vikings have a chance to go to the SB misses his first kick of the season in the NFC Championship.

What was, a 47 yarder?

Scott Norwood, who had been a pretty consistent kicker misses a 49 yarder in the SB.

Your expectation is unrealistic.

I realize great kickers miss kicks once in a while, that doesnt mean you dont expect them to make it.
The most accurate kicker in the game, Mike Vanderjagt, is out of work. Because he cant kick when it is on the line. The guys who can kick game winners, keep their jobs. Thats all I am saying.
I wasnt saying he should be fired, I think he may become a good kicker, Pioli must not think so, after watching game film. He must have unrealistic expectations as well.

Buck
06-21-2009, 12:52 PM
HECK EVEN NATE KAEDING MISSED A 40 YD FG IN THE RAIN IN THE 2004 PLAYOFFS.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-21-2009, 12:53 PM
if we had won that game Tyson Jackson would have cost us less money.

milkman
06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
I realize great kickers miss kicks once in a while, that doesnt mean you dont expect them to make it.
The most accurate kicker in the game, Mike Vanderjagt, is out of work. Because he cant kick when it is on the line. The guys who can kick game winners, keep their jobs. Thats all I am saying.
I wasnt saying he should be fired, I think he may become a good kicker, Pioli must not think so, after watching game film. He must have unrealistic expectations as well.

I'm saying that expecting kickers to make 50 yard attempts in clutch situations is unrealistic.
You can hope, but to expect him to make it is ridiculous.
And I'd bet that the primary reason that Pioli drafted Sucop has more to do with Barth's kickoffs than that missed FG.

chiefforlife
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm saying that expecting kickers to make 50 yard attempts in clutch situations is unrealistic.
You can hope, but to expect him to make it is ridiculous.
And I'd bet that the primary reason that Pioli drafted Sucop has more to do with Barth's kickoffs than that missed FG.

I admittedly, may be unrealistic then because I do expect them to make it. Hope, should be left for people that dont kick for the NFL.

I agree though that kickoffs are probably a deciding factor too.

StcChief
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Frankly, we could have won 7 or 8 last year.good thing we didn't.

milkman
06-21-2009, 01:06 PM
good thing we didn't.

Yeah, that did seem to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Demonpenz
06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
thanks to that loss though we got a playmaker high in the draft errrr

Baconeater
06-21-2009, 01:53 PM
HECK EVEN NATE KAEDING MISSED A 40 YD FG IN THE RAIN IN THE 2004 PLAYOFFS.
THANX FOR THAT IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION

Count Zarth
06-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Do not complain. That game got Shanahan out of Denver, got Herm out of KC, and may well have been the straw that broke Camel Clark's back.

orange
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
if we had won that game Tyson Jackson would have cost us less money.

But you wouldn't have Mike Vrabel.

Raised On Riots
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Herm's "field generalship" would have earned him a slap from General Patton at the very least.

We could have crushed Denver at Incestco were it not for Herm calling the dumbest time out in the history of Herm-dom.

God I hate that fucker.

LiL stumppy
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM

I wouldn't hold is whole career accountable for a missed 51 yard FG as a rookie.

Jethopper
06-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Vanderjagt's peg is he can't kick outdoors.

Farzin
06-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes, Herm is a bad coach, but I hate when people blame Herm for Bowe's drop on the hands team and Barth missing his kicks. The coach doesn't have full control of that..