PDA

View Full Version : Life Welp, I think I've been Played

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
So, I've hooked up with / dated my fair share of girls, but rarely ever have the inkling to get in a full fledged relationship. To be honest, most girls just don't seem to have the "it" factor that makes me want to see them all the time. In my defense though, I'm generally pretty tactful about letting things just sort of fizzle rather than abruptly cutting all communication off (excpet for the time I had a stage 4 clinger on my hands).

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago, I go to a wedding out of town, meet an amazing girl, yada yada yada, end up waking up with her in the hotel room. Unlike most girls however, I'm way into her. We go to breakfast, she laments about how we should meet up soon (she lives in LA, I'm in San Diego), and we eventually part ways.

I'm excited. We exchange texts that night. THings are going good!

Au Contraire mon Frere. Tried to "add" her on Facebook about a week ago - still not "accepted." Sent her a witty text - nothing back. Decided to hault communication for a week to give her time to come to her senses and realize how amazing and irresistable I am. Left a voicemail last night - still nothing!

Ladies and Gentleman - I believe I have been played. But, I really can't figure it out. I'm usually pretty good with reading chicks, and after hanging out with her, I was: A) Sure she was the "good girl" B) Sure that she was all about me, and C) She continued texting the day after.

The only thing I can think of is she saw pictures and conversations with me and other chicks on facebook/myspace that scared her off.

The (semi-but-not-really) Play-er has become the Play-ee! WTF is going on here!??

CoMoChief
06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe she got hit by a truck.

Mile High Mania
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Claythan?

Enh, I dunno... does this really qualify as "being played"? You didn't do anything you didn't want to do... didn't lose anything.

She just didn't call ya back and is ignoring you. Or, it is summer ... maybe she's on a vacation?

the Talking Can
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
probably walked into an aids tree, nothing personal....

Skip Towne
06-23-2009, 09:55 AM
You're one of Claythan's dupes aren't you?

Katipan
06-23-2009, 09:55 AM
It was more about tradition. Weddings are notorious for hook ups.

DaKCMan AP
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it can be tough finding a girl you really like and want to hang out with all the time. I just got back from a 10-night road trip with a group of friends. We were rotating rooms until I started hooking up with a girl I've known for a few years who was on the trip. We had already spent 4 days together as a group, but then the final 6 days/nights we were together 24/7 since we not only traveled but roomed together. If we weren't sick/tired of each other after that then we might be a pretty good match.

Baby Lee
06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
probably walked into an aids tree, nothing personal....

Saw a funny pair of comments the other day. Someone said something stupid and the first commenter said

'I'm gonna go old school and order up an AIDS fire.'

Right below it

'If you want to go old school, you gotta order up a GRID fire.'

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Welp? JFC, people. Can we please stop using this non-word?

wild1
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
married

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
It's pretty ridiculous. I'M usually the one who's detached and aloof! Yes, I know I'm acting like an emotional woman. Flame away!

Mr. Krab
You didn't get played, you just had a one night stand. Huge difference.

Skip Towne
Yeah, it can be tough finding a girl you really like and want to hang out with all the time. I just got back from a 10-night road trip with a group of friends. We were rotating rooms until I started hooking up with a girl I've known for a few years who was on the trip. We had already spent 4 days together as a group, but then the final 6 days/nights we were together 24/7 since we not only traveled but roomed together. If we weren't sick/tired of each other after that then we might be a pretty good match.

Girls are fun to have around. They can be used for multiple purposes.

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:03 AM
married

Nope...friend of a friend. Know she's not married.

Phobia
06-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Her name wouldn't happen to be Hel'n, by chance?

Frazod
06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Would you rather be the guy she just wants to be friends with while she's boning somebody else?

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:05 AM
You didn't get played, you just had a one night standing. Huge difference.

I've had one night stands before, and quite honestly, this didn't feel like one. She is coming down for the 4th in a couple of weeks...at the very least maybe it can be a 1 night + bonus weekend stand :D

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Would you rather be the guy she just wants to be friends with while she's boning somebody else?

True...at least this way I got to have sex without having to be the poor sap that is the emotional crutch. PLUS, she wouldn't let me split her hotel room with her.

Baby Lee
06-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Her name wouldn't happen to be Hel'n, by chance?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y1i-Yw7s-Pw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y1i-Yw7s-Pw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kerberos
06-23-2009, 10:08 AM

This

You get a chick in the sack the first night you meet. Yet you are dumbfounded that she won't return your calls or TM's?

She was probably just being polite with TM's the next day and NEVER had any intention of meeting you.

She went home to her husband/BF/Fiance` and just remembers a wild night at a wedding.

Kind of reminds me of the Two and a Half Men where Charlie hooks up with Herbs sister the week of Herb and Judiths wedding.

Girls are fun to have around. They can be used for multiple purposes.

A good friend once reminded me that girls were put on this earth for men to poke and probe as they please. Of course he is still unmarried and wonders why.

Dr. Johnny Fever
If she slept with you the first night you met she might not be the keeper you thought. JMO.

RJ
It's pretty ridiculous. I'M usually the one who's detached and aloof! Yes, I know I'm acting like an emotional woman. Flame away!

Relax, it's normal. You've been hurt and now you're feeling a little blue. Why don't you crawl into a nice, warm, sudsy tub with a glass of your favorite chardonnay and a romance novel? Go ahead, pamper yourself. And remember.....this isn't your fault.

Mr. Krab
I've had one night stands before, and quite honestly, this didn't feel like one. She is coming down for the 4th in a couple of weeks...at the very least maybe it can be a 1 night + bonus weekend stand :DThat's the attitude! Shes a friend with benefits until proven different. :)

Buck
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Get tested

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Relax, it's normal. You've been hurt and now you're feeling a little blue. Why don't you crawl into a nice, warm, sudsy tub with a glass of your favorite chardonnay and a romance novel? Go ahead, pamper yourself. And remember.....this isn't your fault.

I hate you and your witty humor.

Brock
06-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Get tested

ROFL

Mr. Krab
06-23-2009, 10:13 AM
This thread reminds me of eddie murphy.

http://a5.vox.com/6a00d10a77d2168bfa00e3989749ad0003-320pi

InChiefsHeaven
06-23-2009, 10:15 AM
She stopped taking her meds dude...

Fat Elvis
06-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're really not a keeper?

burt
06-23-2009, 10:24 AM

tell me about it..........

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're really not a keeper?

That might be the most far-fetched and ridiculous theory yet!

Jilly
06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Maybe she's out of town at another wedding or maybe she lost her phone or maybe she doesn't check her facebook or maybe she feels you live too far away and doesn't want to get hurt....

or

maybe she fucked you and that's that.

DaneMcCloud
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Played?

You went to a wedding, banged a chick and apparently, woke up the next morning as a woman.

No wonder she hasn't responded.

She thought she had sex with a man.

Buck
06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey guys...Ecto is going to tell you a secret

ANYONE Can Be
Charming and Socially
Savvy!

It's no magical, overnight transformation, but with a
little know-how and practice, you can become a
Social Charmer, guaranteed!

Inside you'll learn:

* How I went from just "another person in the
crowd" to someone that everyone wants to
hang out with.

* The skill most people lack, that's builds instant
rapport with people!

* The key element you've been missing that
gives people a GREAT first impression of you.

* A sure fire approach to getting stand-offish or
aloof people to warm up to you right away.

* A personal link to hundreds of examples of one
of the most important social traits.

KCUnited
06-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Definitely has a man.

Kyle DeLexus
06-23-2009, 10:36 AM

A couple of friends of mine are getting married sometime this year, your welcome to crash it.

Katipan
06-23-2009, 10:37 AM
A couple of friends of mine are getting married sometime this year, your welcome to crash it.

You're sweet but I'd hate to wake up the next day and find a woman.

I think.

jidar
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
If her name is Ed McMahon I know what happened. send me a private message and sit down, then I'll tell you about it.

Dylan
06-23-2009, 10:43 AM
did you show her the car?

just asking

Kyle DeLexus

I think.

I've never been with 2 chicks at the same time, I thought you had to be a millionaire to have that kinda thing happen.

Iowanian
I wouldn't exactly Call that "played" E-IIIaythan.

She just doesn't know how to tell you about the Herpes.

Baby Lee
06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Welp? JFC, people. Can we please stop using this non-word?

He may have intended this thread be read by nursling canines.

Iowanian
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I saw that she face booked her friends that it kind of creeped her out that you used your foreskin as a tobacco pouch.

Watching you take a dip, strait from pouch to lip at breakfast...was enough to cool off her mood.

Lzen
06-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Played?

You went to a wedding, banged a chick and apparently, woke up the next morning as a woman.

No wonder she hasn't responded.

She thought she had sex with a man.

ROFL ROFL Harsh

Reerun_KC
06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I've never been with 2 chicks at the same time, I thought you had to be a millionaire to have that kinda thing happen.

To get two chicks to double up on a dude like you, you do...

|Zach|
06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
This isn't really "being played" just like that thread last week didn't involve "getting caught doing the deed"

Kyle DeLexus
06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
To get two chicks to double up on a dude like you, you do...

Then there's still hope

keg in kc
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Women like sex, too, and sometimes the unattached variety.

Shocking, I know.

Ecto-I
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Ahh yes...there's no better therapy for ridding deep seeded estrogen than posting a thread about being vulnerable and confused on the Planet!

I can already feel the facial hair starting to grow again.

keg in kc
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM

I think."Wow, I smoked some amazing shit".

followed by

"Holy shit, that's a girl. Huh. Well, she's good with a strap-on."

teedubya
06-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Douche Chill<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y1i-Yw7s-Pw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

What would I do without the hip planeteers to help keep me up on all of the cool interweb slang.

Douche Chillllll = hilarious

Thanks Baby Lee.

Consistent1
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
You couldn't be her friend on Facebook? Anti-freeze time bro.

Jilly
06-23-2009, 11:33 AM

I think.

:sulk:

BigRichard
06-23-2009, 11:37 AM

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Long Duk Dong
06-23-2009, 11:52 AM

:clap:

Katipan
06-23-2009, 12:13 PM
:sulk:

We have better things to do than sleep

Jilly
06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
We have better things to do than sleep

Really, like what? :D

Katipan
06-23-2009, 12:24 PM
That thing where you drop to your knees and open your mouth wide.

Communion?

Bowser
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Take note here, Ecto.

Jilly
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
That thing where you drop to your knees and open your mouth wide.

Communion?

Really? Tell me more about that.....

Chieftain58
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Did you get any?

Kyle DeLexus
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Really? Tell me more about that.....

I think we all want more details.

Jilly
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I think we all want more details.

She's contemplating..... she is a giver you know

Bowser
06-23-2009, 12:34 PM
She's contemplating..... she is a giver you know

You know something we don't??

Jilly
06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
You know something we don't??

I have a sixth sense about these things.

Rain Man
06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Anyways, a couple of weeks ago, I go to a wedding out of town, meet an amazing girl, yada yada yada, end up waking up with her in the hotel room. Unlike most girls however, I'm way into her. We go to breakfast, she laments about how we should meet up soon (she lives in LA, I'm in San Diego), and we eventually part ways.

When you woke up to find out that she'd broken into your hotel room, you should've known she was a head case.