PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs -- Kolby Smith Could Start Training Camp on PUP --

malachi47000
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Sun Jun 28, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
#
Kansas City Chiefs RB Kolby Smith (knee) is coming off a patella tendon injury that ended his 2008 season. According to PSX, Smith's rehab has gone well and he's running straight ahead with some power and speed. But it's the side-to-side movement that will be the toughest and will probably have Smith beginning training camp on the PUP list. His healthy return would be a valuable addition to the running game depth.

Not a good start...Wonder how long till he is completely healthy?

Mr. Krab
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
It's all good. It will just give the rookie some extra reps.

tomahawk kid
06-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Dantrell Savage just had his tour with the team extended.

evolve27
06-29-2009, 11:58 AM
JC will unseat LJ anyways, if he can hold onto the ball. The rookie should fair well.

RealSNR
06-29-2009, 12:05 PM
JC will unseat LJ anyways, if he can hold onto the ball. The rookie should fair well.Jesus Christ? He might have trouble holding onto the ball with holes in his hands.

evolve27
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Jesus Christ? He might have trouble holding onto the ball with holes in his hands.

:LOL:, jamaal charles.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Nacho time!

InChiefsHeaven
06-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Priest is working with Dantrell Savage...LJ is fugged...print them...PRINT THEM I SAY!!

el borracho
06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone tell me why I should care about Kolby Smith; I'm finding it really difficult.

BarrySPAMAID
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Here we go JACKIE here we go THUMP THUMP!! If this isn't even more of an opportunity for Jackie Battle to CONTINUE to get noticed by Todd Haley, I dont know what is!! (... and I say continue because Haley mentioned him a couple times in the OTA's.)

Really crossing my fingers that this new regime gets the best players on the field. Jackie is one of those players, and DONT have me get out my highlight reel for him.

Buehler445
06-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Here we go JACKIE here we go THUMP THUMP!! If this isn't even more of an opportunity for Jackie Battle to CONTINUE to get noticed by Todd Haley, I dont know what is!! (... and I say continue because Haley mentioned him a couple times in the OTA's.)

Really crossing my fingers that this new regime gets the best players on the field. Jackie is one of those players, and DONT have me get out my highlight reel for him.

I thought Battle should have been kept last season. I though Squirmin Herman should have taken 5 RBs (IIRC, that was a long time ago) because we went through like 9 of them in 07. It would have been nice when LJ was gone, Kolby was out, and Charles was gimpy.

Anyway, I like Battle, he runs hard, gets tough tough yards, and punishes people. But honestly, he doesn't have the speed to be an elite player in the league. If he did, he would be a BAMF and someone would have picked him up.

morphius
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
The shocking part would be if he was actually healthy, I'm not sure it is news when he is injured.

FAX
06-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Someone tell me why I should care about Kolby Smith; I'm finding it really difficult.

In his first year, I thought Cheesy was showing us something, Mr. el borracho. To me, he looked like a guy who could be pretty special with enough reps. As of now, I shall declare him to be stuffed with potential like a Coney Island wiener eating contestant. You know, where the wieners represent the potential and Coney Island stands for the game of football and the mustard is a metaphor for the play call and the bun is the endzone.

FAX

BarrySPAMAID
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought Battle should have been kept last season. I though Squirmin Herman should have taken 5 RBs (IIRC, that was a long time ago) because we went through like 9 of them in 07. It would have been nice when LJ was gone, Kolby was out, and Charles was gimpy.

Anyway, I like Battle, he runs hard, gets tough tough yards, and punishes people. But honestly, he doesn't have the speed to be an elite player in the league. If he did, he would be a BAMF and someone would have picked him up.

Actually, I thought he had been hidden quite well. He has speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ShuIHhITZ0

Bowser
06-30-2009, 02:39 PM
I think Dantrell Savage is the player I'll be rooting for this camp/preseason.

LaChapelle
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Move out of Witchita, Kolby.