PDA

View Full Version : Music New Alice in Chains Single

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2009, 06:01 PM
[/URL][url]http://emidl.edgeboss.net/download/emidl/aliceinchains/aliceinchains_alookinginview.mp3?timestamp=1246505931&ttl=86400&iprange=0.0.0.0/0&cryptosignature=516013311C4A66FF63B4712385DCC21639C55926 (http://emidl.edgeboss.net/download/emidl/aliceinchains/aliceinchains_alookinginview.mp3?timestamp=1246402880&ttl=86400&iprange=0.0.0.0/0&cryptosignature=F43823638AE1DCD3E3CCE79FD25E5363C868B0B0)

This is the first album without Layne Staley. It features new lead singer William Duvall.

chiefs1111
06-30-2009, 06:07 PM
i like it

L.A. Chieffan
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Staley was one of a kind.

Songs pretty good tho, pretty old skool

Dicky McElephant
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I dig it.

Crashride
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I like it, I enjoy the old school feel it has and I think it stays true to old alice in chains. However, the song kinda drags after a bit, not much variation in the riffing. 4/5 with everything considered.

Fruit Ninja
06-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I like it!

KcMizzou
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I like it... kinda. Usually takes me a few listens, though...

KCUnited
06-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I get that you need a guy that sounds similar so he can perform all the back catalog, but it comes across a little strange too me to have a singer die and find a guy that sounds alike to record new material. Audioslave is a good example of a similar sound but a way different vocal style than RATM.

Not that I give a fuck about either band, just an observation. /keeps street cred

KCChiefsMan
06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
love it! how did you find this? are there any more? I know they have a new album coming out in September

DaneMcCloud
06-30-2009, 11:30 PM
love it! how did you find this? are there any more? I know they have a new album coming out in September

Ancient Chinese secret

:evil:

Consistent1
07-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Some band names need to just die with the person who made them. I have not heard this, but it is not really necessary to do that. I was just telling my wife the other night that Korn needs to just fold up soon. They still have the vocalist. Screw "new" Alice in Chains. That is a real ****ing stupid idea. It is funny that Dane is trying to pitch the garbage though.

Consistent1
07-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Ancient Chinese secret

:evil:

Sure homey. Tell us about how you have ass-banged the female star in every movie to come out in the past 5 years. That is a better story dawg.

KcFanInGA
07-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Sure homey. Tell us about how you have ass-banged the female star in every movie to come out in the past 5 years. That is a better story dawg.

What the hell? Did I miss something? Anyway, I dig this song. I happen to like when bands get singers that sound similar, Journey is a good example.

KcFanInGA
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Some band names need to just die with the person who made them. I have not heard this, but it is not really necessary to do that. I was just telling my wife the other night that Korn needs to just fold up soon. They still have the vocalist. Screw "new" Alice in Chains. That is a real ****ing stupid idea. It is funny that Dane is trying to pitch the garbage though.

So it is not necessary for you to hear the song before saying SCREW new Alice in Chains? Maybe you should run for congress?

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2009, 09:25 AM

that's a ridiculous statement, what's the rest of the band supposed to do? just curl up and die?

Fairplay
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Great song. It has alice all over it. Same style and everything.:rockon:

Consistent1 you need to hang up what you're talking about like WTF?

Duck Dog
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
It's like they've always been here. The song did drag on a bit but their sound is the same. Can't wait to hear the rest of the CD.

Dicky McElephant
07-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Don't you like rap music? Fuck Tupac. He should just stay dead.

Demonpenz
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
The more shit like this comes out, the less I hear random nickleback, creed, days of the new, songs on radio. Not that I listen to the radio much, but it is unavoidable in all parties, places etc

Duck Dog
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM
The more shit like this comes out, the less I hear random nickleback, creed, days of the new, songs on radio. Not that I listen to the radio much, but it is unavoidable in all parties, places etc

Word, Crackah! Add Green Day, Shinedown and Seether to that list.

L.A. Chieffan
07-01-2009, 01:42 PM

ummm, cantrell was as big a part of original alice as staley was. it's not their fault the dude ODed

okcchief
07-01-2009, 03:34 PM
ummm, cantrell was as big a part of original alice as staley was. it's not their fault the dude ODed

Cantrell has always been the biggest creative force in the band.

Staley was one of my favorite frontmen in his time but I'm glad to see them put out some new stuff.

I haven't heard the song yet but I will check it out when I get home.

KCChiefsMan
07-01-2009, 05:50 PM
After about the 5th time I've listened to it, the verdict is in. Alice in Chains are BACK baby! I love it! It's got the same style and sound. It feels like Alice in Chains, I'm stoked for Sep 29! I'm a huge AIC fan if you can't tell, was a little worried that they may put up an album similiar to STP's last album (didn't like, love the rest of their stuff) and metallica and all of the other bands who always seem to put out one more crappy album. I'm not worried anymore, this song sounds great just like the AIC that I love. RIP Layne, wish he was still here but Cantrell and the rest of the band need to keep making music because Cantrell can write songs with the best of them!

WilliamTheIrish
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Damn! I liked that. Nice get Dane.

JASONSAUTO
07-01-2009, 08:48 PM
well at least consistent1 is consistently crazy.

okcchief
07-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I like the song alot on first listen. It's good enough to make me want the album.

Rausch
07-02-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm not worried anymore, this RIP Layne, wish he was still here but Cantrell and the rest of the band need to keep making music because Cantrell can write songs with the best of them!

I thought I read somewhere that Cantrell ended up singing half the vocals on most albums anyway because Layne was too wasted. While Layne had a once in a lifetime style and unique voice Cantrell was the force behind the band...

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Don't you like rap music? **** Tupac. He should just stay dead.

I like rap music and i like metal. I listen to both music about a 50/50 split. lol This song fucking rocks though. The more i listen to it, the more i like it.

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought I read somewhere that Cantrell ended up singing half the vocals on most albums anyway because Layne was too wasted. While Layne had a once in a lifetime style and unique voice Cantrell was the force behind the band...

While Jerry did sing harmonies and in some songs (like "Would" for example) they would do "Double Lead Vocals", Layne sang the over-whelming majority of vocals. Jerry also wrote most of the songs and melodies but both voices gave the band more "texture", much like Jack Bruce & Eric Clapton in Cream (Most people don't realize that both Jack & Eric sing on "Sunshine of Your Love". Jack does a verse, then Eric does a verse and so on).

As for them being "wasted", yes, that is very much true. The band was so wasted during the "Dirt" sessions, the album was pretty much cut and spliced together by the producer. They just couldn't get good solid takes from the guys due to the heavy drug use by all of the members.

Duck Dog
07-02-2009, 03:14 PM
While Jerry did sing harmonies and in some songs (like "Would" for example) they would do "Double Lead Vocals", Layne sang the over-whelming majority of vocals. Jerry also wrote most of the songs and melodies but both voices gave the band more "texture", much like Jack Bruce & Eric Clapton in Cream (Most people don't realize that both Jack & Eric sing on "Sunshine of Your Love". Jack does a verse, then Eric does a verse and so on).

As for them being "wasted", yes, that is very much true. The band was so wasted during the "Dirt" sessions, the album was pretty much cut and spliced together by the producer. They just couldn't get good solid takes from the guys due to the heavy drug use by all of the members.

That's amazing, seeing how that CD is great from start to finish.

Raised On Riots
07-02-2009, 05:23 PM

I agree; the more music like this that comes out, the less I have to listen to those god-awful shit-bags you just mentioned, and that is NOTHING but a good thing.

I like the tune, it is fully ROR-Approved.

Lzen
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Holy shit! That sounds good. Cantrell is still a bad ass. Their vocal stacking/harmonizing is nearly as good as when Staley was alive. I can't wait to get this one. When is it released?

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Holy shit! That sounds good. Cantrell is still a bad ass. Their vocal stacking/harmonizing is nearly as good as when Staley was alive. I can't wait to get this one. When is it released?

September 29

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ahh, a day before my Bday, nice present to have lol

Fairplay
07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Pearl Jam is coming out with a new CD.

Raised On Riots
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Pearl Jam is coming out with a new CD.

Well, there went the vibe of THIS thread right out the window...:D

DMAC