PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The T.O. Show on VH1

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2009, 12:17 AM
WTF is this all about?

Have you seen the commercials for this?

TERRELL OWENS GETS IN THE GAME WITH A NEW REALITY SHOW ON VH1The Terrell Owens Project is Set to Premiere in the Summer of 2009 on VH1Los Angeles, CA - January 26, 2009 - VH1 has teamed up with one of the most recognizable names and personalities in sports — Terrell Owens — who will star in his own reality show slated to premiere in the summer of 2009 on VH1.The series follows one of the NFL’s biggest and most outspoken stars, wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills, Terrell “T.O.” Owens.

In the series, T.O. will be shadowed in the off-season by his best friends and publicists Monique Jackson and Kita Williams as they battle the two sides of his large personality. Viewers will discover that behind all the braggadocio, emotional histrionics, and sculpted physique that is the outspoken media magnet known to the world as “T.O.” — there is also a quiet, sensitive, mild-mannered guy from Alexander City, Alabama…that’s Terrell.

“We are thrilled to bring such a great athlete, who is one of the biggest names and personalities in all the world of sports to VH1 for a surprising high octane look inside his superstar life off the field,” said Jeff Olde, EVP Original Programming & Production.Mo and Kita want to help Terrell match all the success he’s had on the field with that same kind of success off the field. Now, after a string of relationships and off-the-field endeavors, Terrell is ready to re-examine his personal life and finally put a plan into action. These outspoken, vibrant women are more like T.O.’s sisters than people who work for him.

They will function as matchmakers and therapists and also put their marketing expertise to use and help him make his life off of the field as successful as his life on it!

TinyEvel
07-02-2009, 12:31 AM
file under: "Who gives a shit"

chasedude
07-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Another further reason why I do not watch VH1

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2009, 01:26 AM
ghey

Sure-Oz
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
wow im watching 5 min and its so retarded
he just made out with his real estate agent in the hot tub, everything sounds forced from him talking, hilarious shit

showing his ex fiance, wtf was he thinking when he fucked that up

chiefs1111
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Like the rest of reality TV it sucks

Sure-Oz
07-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Like the rest of reality TV it sucks

id normally be watching the royals since im not working nights right now

id rather watch them lose cause i love pain apparently

arrowheadnation
08-03-2009, 07:10 PM
This newest episode 8/3 is sad as hell. It shows the human side of him.

Sure-Oz
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
This newest episode 8/3 is sad as hell. It shows the human side of him.

I saw the synopsis, something about going to see his dad?

Not that i really care that much about TO, but im bored as hell tonight and i donth ave my netflix movies at my parents pad

arrowheadnation
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I saw the synopsis, something about going to see his dad?

Not that i really care that much about TO, but im bored as hell tonight and i donth ave my netflix movies at my parents pad

It's actually the part where he goes to see his grandmother who has Alzheimers that got me. It probably hit me so hard because my grandma has it as well. It sucks when a person you grew up seeing 3 or 4 times a week doesn't have a clue who you are anymore.

Sure-Oz
08-03-2009, 07:48 PM
It's actually the part where he goes to see his grandmother who has Alzheimers that got me. It probably hit me so hard because my grandma has it as well. It sucks when a person you grew up seeing 3 or 4 times a week doesn't have a clue who you are anymore.

i see, well thanks for the info, ill probably watch it in 15 min....my grandpa was getting a bit of alzheimers before he died, i was fortunate he didnt get to where he didnt remember me before he died,.

hell ive watched hogan knows best so....

KCChiefsMan
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
so this is basically just a show to show everyone how great of a person TO is?

Molitoth
08-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I've always hated TO, MTV, and VH1; normally with high passion. I'm giving this show a chance though, the first episode made me laugh quite a bit. I was always curious to why TO was a d-bag, maybe on this show I will find out why... or maybe I will end up not hating the guy so much.

Pablo
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
so this is basically just a show to show everyone how great of a person TO is?Don't watch it. If you hated T.O. before, like I did..you might actually *shudder* come away liking him a little bit.

Sure-Oz
08-03-2009, 08:16 PM
That scene they just showed with his grandma was a bit tough and cool at the same time

Mecca
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
TO isn't really a douchebag he just doesn't get along with some people. The portrail of him in the NFL is a bit overdone.

A lot of who and what he is comes from his childhood...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIsUOce_81g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sIsUOce_81g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Generally speaking I like TO because he's himself and doesn't try to put up the phony front, and his show is pretty entertaining.

Psyko Tek
08-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I am tired of the wide reciver ego thing]

put the rules back to the '70's
hit them hard off the liner
cb's are stickem'd up
and lets see how these ego machines do

wann tell us how great you oare
BE GREAT

jAZ
08-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Dude's father abandoned him while living in the house across the street. He didn't know that the guy across the street was his dad until he was 9.

How f'd up is that? What sort of man can live for 9 years with 100 yards of his own son without being his father?

I can't imagine how that would f-up a kid.

He's a child. I can understand how such an experience would stunt a person's emotional development.

Mecca
08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I am tired of the wide reciver ego thing]

put the rules back to the '70's
hit them hard off the liner
cb's are stickem'd up
and lets see how these ego machines do

wann tell us how great you oare
BE GREAT

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with his TV show which does show him in a much more human light....

salame
08-04-2009, 01:04 AM
he is pretty douchey

Mecca
08-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Watch him interact with his grandma if you can't feel for the guy you don't have much of a heart.

meStevo
08-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I saw part of one episode, and it was the stuff I liked about Hard Knocks... was him getting signed to the Bills, seeing the aftermath of it kinda.

Then it started to feel like like Real World: TO, and turned the channel.

The premiere tied a 5am airing of Fresh Prince on Nickelodeon in the ratings - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/to-show-not-showing-up-in-the-ratings/

According to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal, the much-hyped debut episode of The T.O. Show tied for the No. 798 spot on the cable ratings for the week, with among other things a 5:00 a.m. showing on Nickelodeon of The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.

To put that in perspective, if the cable ratings were the NFL draft, The T.O. Show would have been picked near the bottom of round twenty-four. [UPDATE: Actually, it would be the bottom of round twenty-five.]

Meanwhile, our guess is that T.O.'s "publicists" are telling their "client" that he already is drawing as well as Will Smith.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2009, 01:19 AM
I saw part of one episode, and it was the stuff I liked about Hard Knocks... was him getting signed to the Bills, seeing the aftermath of it kinda.

Then it started to feel like like Real World: TO, and turned the channel.

The premiere tied a 5am airing of Fresh Prince on Nickelodeon in the ratings - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/to-show-not-showing-up-in-the-ratings/

Well, there's always "Rock of Love" 47.

smittysbar
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
I've always hated TO, MTV, and VH1; normally with high passion. I'm giving this show a chance though, the first episode made me laugh quite a bit. I was always curious to why TO was a d-bag, maybe on this show I will find out why... or maybe I will end up not hating the guy so much.

I agree, I actually like the show. He needs to boot those annoying ass women.

Mecca
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
TO doesn't seem like a bad guy at all on the show......and the part with his grandmother is even hard to watch.

Otter
08-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Watch the T.O. show or give Janet Reno a sponge bath? That would actually require some thought.

Mecca
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Ah yes I forgot, TO can not possibly be a good guy because ESPN said he's not.

Sure-Oz
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Watch him interact with his grandma if you can't feel for the guy you don't have much of a heart.

That is what got me, i thought the first episode was flaky really, but it was good to see his personal side. He looked like a little kid when his dad came, the look on his face really was priceless cause he was uncomfortable and showed big time vulnerability. he doesn't seem like he'd be that bad of a person, but def. like a big kid.

rambleonthruthefog
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
on jim rome today, jim said that the TO show was ranked in the 700's last week for cable t.v. shows. A 5a.m. airing of the fresh prince of belair on nick at night was in the position before him.

DaneMcCloud
08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
on jim rome today, jim said that the TO show was ranked in the 700's last week for cable t.v. shows. A 5a.m. airing of the fresh prince of belair on nick at night was in the position before him.

I don't think I buy that

Mecca
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
That is what got me, i thought the first episode was flaky really, but it was good to see his personal side. He looked like a little kid when his dad came, the look on his face really was priceless cause he was uncomfortable and showed big time vulnerability. he doesn't seem like he'd be that bad of a person, but def. like a big kid.

I don't think he's a bad person at all. NFL culture has made him seem that way because being your own person and speaking your mind are frowned upon greatly.

He's never been arrested, he gives money to charity no one ever talks about that. It's that he's a douche etc while some other guy that beat up his wife is considered a better guy to have on your team in NFL circles.

It makes no sense.

Sure-Oz
08-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't think he's a bad person at all. NFL culture has made him seem that way because being your own person and speaking your mind are frowned upon greatly.

He's never been arrested, he gives money to charity no one ever talks about that. It's that he's a douche etc while some other guy that beat up his wife is considered a better guy to have on your team in NFL circles.

It makes no sense.

I agree, he does express himself and probably would be a decent guy to hang with. His twitter he seems personable and laughs things off alot, even negativity his way, rather than get worked up. Who knows, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt after seeing that episode with his family. No ones perfect and he has avoided legal stuff.