PDA

View Full Version : Pictures SFW Maybe the WPI editors were behind this?

Crashride
07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
http://imgur.com/5dkGc.gif

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 08:44 AM
What is that from?

bdeg
07-02-2009, 08:45 AM
At least they named the chapter appropriately.

Gonzo
07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Now that's premium content!

cdcox
07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
"There's nothin' to know. You have an idea, you write down what you wanna say. Then you get somebody to add in the commas and shit where they belong, if you aren't positive yourself. Maybe fix up the spelling where you have some tricky words... although I've seen scripts where I know words weren't spelled right and there was hardly any commas in it at all. So I don't think it's too important. Anyway, you come to the last page you write in 'Fade out' and that's the end, you're done."

MOhillbilly
07-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Everytime it rains lord i run to my window. All i do is hang my head and moan. I listen to that thunder raol and listen to the wind moan.

Rain Man
07-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Please don't tell me that's a real book that was published.

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
kcnut is an author?

DaFace
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Please don't tell me that's a real book that was published.

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/dp/1436372135/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246549891&sr=8-1

And it has a sequel.

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/dp/1436372305/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246549891&sr=8-2

InChiefsHell
07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Dear Lord. That's incredibly bad. It looks like some crap a teen, no, pre teen might write...

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/dp/1436372135/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246549891&sr=8-1

And it has a sequel.

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-People-Dale-M-Courtney/dp/1436372305/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246549891&sr=8-2
Crap. I see it has a 4.5 star rating in 57 reviews and I thought, "How can that be? How can this piece of crap be rated that highly?"

Then I read some of the reviews. See for yourself:

This is a book. And Also its a Good book, one to read. The auther who goes by the Name of Daryl M. Corteney really has a nack for Good science Fiction telling. Also the Story.

Now I dont want too Give to much away. In my review, So your going to have to. Read, the Book you're self. But serve ice it to Say, your going to Read some things here. That you really did'nt expect. I Took one star Off for being Short and Singlespaced. But hey.

Reading this book made me realize two things:
1. There is a God.
2. The Author is his prophet.

Since I know how those 2 statements may sound a little incredible, let me ellaborate.
While feeding the homeless, I found that among the things they were going to use as toilet paper was this book. Since the cover attracted me, I decided that I should just remove the excrement stains and read it. That was probably my best excrement-related decission to date.
The homeless gathered around me as I told them the tales of the moon people, and as I showed them the incredibly detailed and realistic cover picture. Even the grumpy and erratic one (that we all call "cracky") joined in.
That day the homeless and I started a new religion ("The Moon's People Temple"), and we're planning to go to Guyana and start a new promised land ("Moonstown").
We shall prevail!

I stumbled upon this book lying alone on green park bench on a sunny day. I passed it thinking it belonged to the large nanny tending the a snot nose brat a couple feet away. On my way back from the tanning salon I noticed that it was still there. The wind blew slightly and the cover opened, the pages flipping, as if it were summoning me. I carefully approached and finally felt comfortable to pick it up. I started it and literally couldn't put it down. I took it to a Starbucks and read it while drinking over roasted coffee, halfway through the book a attractive woman approached me and asked me about the book. She joked "You really like the moon, don't ya?" I said that "it was okay." She pointed out the book, Moon People, and my shirt, The Three Wolf Moon Shirt. I didn't even realize that I was wearing it. Can you believe the coincidence?!! I told the lady to leave because I wanted to finish the book. I have since read it three times and have purchased a copy for all of my friends and family. They will all get the best damn Christmas gift ever this year. Read this! This is my new desert island book.ROFL

Slainte
07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Most Recent Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Moses Should Have Brought This From the Mountain
This book has changed literature for the new century. Toss out your Joyce, Hemingway, and Salinger. It's time to behold "Moon People," which story is too grand that our feeble... Read more
Published 28 minutes ago by Steven Cavins

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read while wearing my Wolf Shirt
It is July 02 of 2009 and I read this book by this person. It was really, really good and changed my view of the future. Trust the reviews! They speak the truth!
Published 1 hour ago by Paul Drager

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me hope in humanity
Reading this book made me realize two things:
1. There is a God.
2. The Author is his prophet. Read more
Published 4 hours ago by J. Salmeron

4.0 out of 5 stars MOON people
Well THIS is a Book that you Should Read because it is a very Good Book and is it very well Written? FANTASTICALLY. Read more
Published 4 hours ago by David H. Labrie

MagicHef
07-02-2009, 10:11 AM
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/58/2b/a20fe03ae7a049dc19832210.L.jpg

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
The tags are pretty funny too.

grammar is for loosers
better than moby dick
best fiction ever about moon people
worst book ever

Bob Dole
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Holy crap.

Bob Dole is going to buy both books to give to a scifi geek friend for Christmas.

Bob Dole
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
On Moon People 2

First of I'll warn the reader's that this book has four less page's than the first Moon People book. So if your looking for the same number of page's you can maybe take some from the frist Moon People and add it. Maybe two because then both Moon People's will have 78 page's. I used pag'es 37-38 but you might like other different page's.

So but the book. This book the second Moon People 2 was better than Moon People because I was already excited and the first Moon People 1. So I read it. Moon People 2, and it was better at riveting me. So when after reading I gave it to my friend and He said to leave him alone. Because he's reading Moon People 2, but he doesn't have Moon People 1! So some parts of it might not make as much sense? But part's that do are good.

MagicHef
07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Oh my:

http://students.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/dalecourtney

FAX
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM
ROFL ROFL

Lets Get Serious About Space

Hello, hows everyone? Just wanted to write a blog on NASA and space exploration. I think one of the things in life that gives us hope and knowledge is Space exploration. The international space station is a great start. We have learned so much. There are those who think that space exploration is a waste of money. But I submit that it is our future. One of our dream missions could be building a huge Mobile Base Station that we can explore other planets like the Moon or Mars or Venus. These planets are very close to us and if we could pull off a genesis we could have another planet to colonize. It's true that we cannot be expected to go to other solar systems like ours because they are to far away. Why don't we work with what God gave us to work with in our solar system. I am a Author and I have written three books on Sci-Fi Space Adventures called Moon People 1, 2, 3 and in my books I have suggested a couple of scenario's of a possible genesis on Mars and Venus. Sure these books are Sci-Fi but what if we used the international space station to build a couple of huge Mobile Base stations in space to park next to the Moon or Venus or Mars to try a possible genesis. Wouldn't that be the most spectacular event if we could pull it off. Wow, sure it would take a long while but if we were to start now who knows. Maybe we could set it up to where we could snap it together like lago blocks in space or something, who knows. Imagine for a moment if we had a Mobile base station that looked like a giant cylinder shape space station that was a mile in diameter and two miles long, and ten story's thick and rotating for artificial gravity. We could park that baby anywhere in our solar system and study any planet or a moon as long has we wanted too. Thank you for your time and God Bless.

Dale M. Courtney

Author

I love this guy. I declare write her and now to be his gratest fan of all times.

FAX

Count Zarth
07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm actually quite offended WPI was brought up in comparison.

FAX
07-02-2009, 05:36 PM
You shud be proud of the assossiation, Mr. GoCheefs. The man is a sertifide genious. Take this for an examples ...

Organizing for America Blog

I would like to talk about Ben Laden and his followers and what the Middle East could be without People like Ben Laden . As we look back at 9\11 and all of the other terrorist activity. I know in my heart that it is wrong to go into other countries and blow up innocent men, women and children. When I say innocent, I mean people who are working or eating at a restaurant or people riding a public bus or at a little league baseball game.

He have very seerious World Peese ideas.

FAX

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 05:40 PM
You shud be proud of the assossiation, Mr. GoCheefs. The man is a sertifide genious. Take this for an examples ...

Organizing for America Blog

I would like to talk about Ben Laden and his followers and what the Middle East could be without People like Ben Laden . As we look back at 9\11 and all of the other terrorist activity. I know in my heart that it is wrong to go into other countries and blow up innocent men, women and children. When I say innocent, I mean people who are working or eating at a restaurant or people riding a public bus or at a little league baseball game.

He have very seerious World Peese ideas.

FAX
I didn't know Little League Baseball was so big in Iraq. :shrug:

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh my:

06-14-09
I would like to talk to you some more about Health-care for a moment. As we look at our Health-care system I see a great system in place already but it does have a few problems in the worker category and the indigent care area. Both of these category’s are connected from being the poorer working class of society. These are hard workers who deserve Heath-care with out a guilt trip. I believe the main problem lies in the Employer section of this system. This being when someone on the job gets hurt. He has to file for workers comp. Now this would be great except it isn’t! I believe the reason that it isn’t is the Employer seems to get punished for his employee getting hurt on the job by his insurance co and a lot of bills. And when the employer suffers so does the employee in the system. I would like to give you an example : My wife recently strained her back at work. She did not want to file workers comp because she didn’t want to loose her job so she took the responsibility for the injury and the emergency room bill and the cost of her prescriptions and she did not have the money for her prescriptions because they were so expensive. Because when someone gets hurt on the job most employers become the injured employee’s enemy because the employer gets punished in our health-care system.
To me the answer is simple take the blame from the employer, he didn’t do anything wrong. The employer should not even be involved except for giving the insurers name to the doctor and look how it ruined the entire health-care system. My wife is not a lone on this one it involves the entire country. This is not a good system if you are afraid to file for any reason, but it could be a great system! All we have to do is fix it. I am also against anyone trying to get out of a claim by making people out to be fakes or phony’s. They do not deserve a guilt trip. This is ok if they really are fakes but if there are not and we condemn them. Not only would we be condemning them but we are condemning ourselves too. I just think this will create a witch hunt effect on sick people. Lets not do this, lets fix the problem! Thank you for your time and God bless.
Dale M. Courtney

Holy Crap! ROFL

We gotta get this guy to join ChiefsPlanet

DenverChief
07-02-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/500/729_1242618977342.jpg

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 06:09 PM
More from the book...

http://imgur.com/wnAIX.gif

Hydrae
07-02-2009, 06:55 PM
More from the book...

OMG, is that from the first book or the second? I just have to know what happens next!

:drool:

Buck
07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I may have to purchase this.

FAX
07-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Holy Crap! ROFL

We gotta get this guy to join ChiefsPlanet

Undoubtedly so. We must recruit him and give him a big chair.

I'm telling you, Mr. Dartgod. This guy is destined to be famous beyond all imagination or teleportation. If you speak English and he isn't your hero yet, he soon will be.

FAX

FAX
07-02-2009, 07:30 PM
OMG, is that from the first book or the second? I just have to know what happens next!

I'm kinda hoping that Cheral gives Daved a sexy look.

FAX

FAX
07-02-2009, 07:31 PM

I'm kinda hoping that Cheral gives David a sexy look.

FAX

cdcox
07-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Just as funny are the 1-star reviews from Amazon. Here is a typical one:

Seriously? This is possibly the worst written piece of literature ever created. The author has the worst grammar I've ever seen. The few pages I've seen read like an 8 year old wrote them.
Oh, and all of the reviews have the same style as the book.. because the author faked ALL of them.

Dartgod
07-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Undoubtedly so. We must recruit him and give him a big chair.

I'm telling you, Mr. Dartgod. This guy is destined to be famous beyond all imagination or teleportation. If you speak English and he isn't your hero yet, he soon will be.

FAX
His profile indicates he was originally from Joplin, so we definitely have a chance

Crashride
07-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I cant stop reading the two pages we have. Its like watching charles barkleys golf swing.

MagicHef
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Huh. You can leave comments on his blog posts.

Crashride
07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm actually quite offended WPI was brought up in comparison.

Of course you are.:deevee:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-02-2009, 11:53 PM

And it has a sequel.

Xlibris is a printer.

Book is vanity published . . . no book publisher put that out.

FAX
07-03-2009, 12:07 AM
I am founding the D.M. Courtney fan club. I couldn't be more excited. DMCourtneyfanclub.com is available and I'll have that baby locked up over the weekend.

Meanwhile, (don't get tooooooo excited guys!!!!! drum rolllllllll .... lllll ....) ... Yes!!! Here's a picture of the man, himself.

http://students.barackobama.com/page/image/350a4d3e44f8638afe_4xymv2210.jpg/@mx_110@my_110

I also note that he meets every single one of the basic qualifications and requirements to run for President Of The United States!!! Could we be any luckier?????

FAX

FAX
07-03-2009, 12:16 AM
OMG!!!! A description of his first novel is available online!!! Dig in, guys!!!

Moon People This story focuses on one man by the name of David Braymer and his adventures from High School Teacher to 1st Science Officer on The Lunar Base 1 Base station. One of three.

This book is based on the turning point for Earth into a new era of space Travel and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. And David also has a romance with one of the locals in New smyrna Beach ,Fla. and her name is Cheral Baskel a local resturant owner. Now during David experiences he encounters some alien life forms some friendly some not so friendly through out the universe. And David also experiences the space battle of all battles and saves Earth and their new friends and lives to tell about it.

We start our story in the year 2048 when Earth has an aggressive space program. They have just completed two Large Mobile Base station called Lunar Base 1,2, and are almost finished with the third Base station called Lunar Base 3. Now these are three huge Base stations. They are two miles long and one mile in diameter. They also have one very big surprise. They all three split into three independent working sections. And all three sections have lasers and rockets and their own engine. They also have shields that are a liquid that turns into a solid mass as hard as 4 inches of steel when exposed to the cold of space. They also have a very elaborate and high tech interior. They have a swimming pool, which is also their water reservoir. They also have a couple of lounges were everyone goes for fun. Now on their missions they encounter some new friends called the Powleens. They are advanced and they are also very friendly and eventually they join Earth and save Earth together. The Powleens are very tall about seven feet to eight feet on average their legs and arms and torso are elongated also their neck. But they are humanoid and angels from heaven to Earth.

When the powleens arch enemy the Arcons find them it´s not to good for Earth because earth gets caught in the middle. Well one thing leads to another and before you know it, it’s all out space battle for the existince of Earth. Earth teams up with the powleens and the rest is history of coarse you have to read the book to find out what happens. And I know you will enjoy it because its action pact from the beginning to the end.

If your heart is pounding too hard, drink a little water, guys. And remember, if you see an Arcon, call the police!!!

FAX

DeezNutz
07-03-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm Partial to The names of the Three lunar Bases. Lunar bases 1, 2, and 3.

FAX
07-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I know!!! I know!!! Brilliant, isn't it!!! Dale is like ... I don't know ... like Shakespeare and Tolstoy and Faulkner and Stan Lee all rolled into one!!!

FAX

Crashride
07-03-2009, 05:28 AM
I'm Partial to The names of the Three lunar Bases. Lunar bases 1, 2, and 3.

ROFLROFLROFL

InChiefsHell
07-03-2009, 07:21 AM
This is getting funner all the time I hope that Moon People 3 will be out soon because it will be funner than Moon People 1 and 2 together were fun and great but not as much as Moon People 3 will be you know it...

Crashride
07-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I am founding the D.M. Courtney fan club. I couldn't be more excited. DMCourtneyfanclub.com is available and I'll have that baby locked up over the weekend.

Meanwhile, (don't get tooooooo excited guys!!!!! drum rolllllllll .... lllll ....) ... Yes!!! Here's a picture of the man, himself.

http://students.barackobama.com/page/image/350a4d3e44f8638afe_4xymv2210.jpg/@mx_110@my_110

I also note that he meets every single one of the basic qualifications and requirements to run for President Of The United States!!! Could we be any luckier?????

FAX

Blow that pic up. It would make a great avatar or sig :)

Crashride
07-03-2009, 07:43 AM

Supposedly he has a blog

Dartgod
07-03-2009, 07:44 AM

Supposedly he has a blog
Post 17

Crashride
07-03-2009, 07:51 AM
"Everyone laugh's about the way The Base Stations look, They look like a giant empty toilet paper holders with one huge engine on the back of it and from in front of the engine to the front of the station on the inside is all docking bay's, there's 10 story's from top to bottom and they are a mile in diameter and about 2 miles long and they constantly rotate when they are in operation."

"Now when David came in before everyone knew, it sounded like a regular
restaurant with regular restaurant noises, as the reporter started telling
everyone what was going on you could here a mouse burp. Then at the
end of the report you heard everyone say the same three words, “Oh
My God". About half the people immediately got up with a terrified
look on their face and said we got to go. And left. Then one of cheral’s
regular customers in the other half said I’m not going to panic" Hell" it
might not even come close to us. (David) It will probably collide with
something way be fore it comes near us.

I’m going to go ahead and eat. I’m not going to panic either and
then everyone realized who David was and what he did for a living and
calmed down and listened to what he was saying and went ahead and
ate there breakfast. David turned to Cheral with a smile and Cheral said
222. David said you know me, yes maam.

(Cheral) Coming right up and she had a sexy smile on her face
and then went to the Kitchen."

"(Cheral) That was sure quick. (David) Yeah I know. You know I've been coming here for a long time and you know we never really got to know each other that well. Do you think maybe that, David seemed to be a little nervous?

I was wondering if you would like to go out with me some time? Cheral put a sexy smile on her face and said, you know I would really like that a lot. David put a big smile on his face and said that's great how about Friday night. (Cheral) OK (David) Supper, I'll see you on Friday then and said bye and went on to School."

"Now on this day David is on his way to the restaurant like always listening to his radio, his favorite song is playing when there's a interruption in the broadcast on the Emergencies Broadcast System this is K92 FM we take you live to Nasa with a special report. This is Steve slavery...

It appears to be the size of a small Moon They are also concerned about it hitting the sun or our moon....

Its Coming from the direction of the constellation of Scorpio at the tail area headed this way going approximately 60'000 Miles an hour and is a planet Killer! We repeat please do not panic"

Oh man...I love how he uses parentheses to distinguish characters. (Crashride) "Epic."

Dartgod
07-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Where did you find that? I need more dammit!

I may have to buy this thing.

Crashride
07-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Where did you find that? I need more dammit!

I may have to buy this thing.

from here. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3163233

Dartgod
07-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Apparently a movie is in the works.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0841028/