PDA

View Full Version : Life Chiefs Planet's BIGGEST LOSER IS...............MANILA-CHIEF!!!

TinyEvel
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
MANILA-CHIEF!!!

Six months ago, Manila-Chief joined the contest at a hefty 263 Lbs. He steadily lost weight while contributing to the thread on a weekly (if not daily) basis.

Manila-Chief’s final weigh-in was 191.5 Lbs! He lost 71.5 Lbs (27.18 % of his body weight) in 6 months. He is a great inspiration to us all and an incredibly nice man.

After the final weigh-in, Manila sent me an email where he wrote the following:

“…As I’ve said, and really mean it … my main prize is a “new me” that you and others in the thread have inspired….being a missionary/pastor, most of my speaking engagements are on Sundays and it’s difficult for me to know in advance when/if I could attend a game. Also, if I go to K.C., I will desire to have my wheels with me. We would rather drive than fly. So, were I to be the 1st. place winner, you determine how much the prize should be and donate it to help Kyle keep the Planet afloat. This way we will both be winners.”

When I set up the rules, I offered a cash option of $150 in lieu of the plane ticket. So, with that plus the $100 spending money, I AM SENDING KYLE $250.00 TO HELP FUND CHIEFS PLANET, COURTESY OF MANILA-CHIEF.

What an amazing ending to this thing. God Bless him. When you get a chance shower some rep and prayers his way. He surely deserves it.

SECOND PLACE …LUV!!!

Luv began at 255 Lbs. She lost 53 Lbs. in 6 months (20.78% body weight) and was also a steady contributor to the thread. For her efforts, she wins second prize of $1 per Lb. lost, or $53. I’m going to round it up to $60 because I know she is going to keep losing, even beyond that.

THIRD PLACE…RAIN MAN!!!

Rain Man began at 210 Lbs. He lost 34.4 Lbs (16.38% of his body weight) and, he wanted to note, has a body fat index lower than GoChiefs. :D Rain Man wins the third place prize of $50 cash, donated by BigRed Chief (thanks BRC!)

FOURTH PLACE…BOB DOLE!!!

Bob Dole probably just spit coffee on his keyboard reading that he beat out the rest of the contestants for 4th place, probably because he continued to drink beer and enjoy his Texarkana lifestyle throughout the contest. But he did somehow still manage lose 31 lbs from his starting weight of 230. (13.47% body weight). For his efforts, Bob Dole wins a DVD copy of “The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs” and a jersey of choice from jerseys101.com, donated by Mr. Flopnuts (Thanks Flopnuts!)

There were many others who participated in various degrees, some hit a wall some fell away and then came back with a vengeance, here are the reported (unverified) weigh-ins I received. Listed below. You might note that Arichi3fs had a height percent lost than Bob Dole, but he did not make a video at the end. I awarded 4th to Bob Dole, as per the contest rules. However, congrats to Ari and all the other people losing weight! You’re all winners!

Let’s keep the original thread going, there are new people coming on almost every week, lurkers who finally joined up and people who are losing great amounts of weight!

CONGRATS, EVERYONE!

--TinyEvel

TinyEvel
07-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Here's the stats on people who send me final weights...

phisherman
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
i followed this thread also from the beginning, and i started the year at 255, and am now at 207.

seeing a lot of the regular posters on this thread was a nice motivational tool and i'm still going as well. i wasn't really interested in the prizes because i had a hunch that just losing the weight and truly feeling good would be reward enough itself. and it is!

BigRedChief
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Congrats on a welll deserved win. :thumb:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/AlphaChimp_congrats.jpg

Otter
07-02-2009, 09:53 AM
With all gut sucking in going on at Nzoners this year someone's belly button is going to come out their back.

BigRedChief
07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Let’s keep the original thread going, there are new people coming on almost every week, lurkers who finally joined up and people who are losing great amounts of weight!

CONGRATS, EVERYONE!

--TinyEvel
I'll be continuing on my weight loss journey. Let's keep the thread alive.

DaKCMan AP
07-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Awesome & congrats to all the participants.

A healthy, and ultimately, happy lifestyle is admirable and invaluable.

Der Flöprer
07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Congrats to everyone. I'll be sending out a PM to the good Senator to get a mailing address and jersey choice and size. The DVD I have in hand, but the jersey will take some time to arrive from the badlands of China. I did get a baseball jersey last week that only took 7 days to arrive but my experience with these guys is that it's a 2-3 week waiting period. The second I know what to order, I'll place it and get the ball rolling. Again, congrats to all!

Bob Dole
07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Sweet!

(Though Bob Dole's second chin really misses everyone.)

Der Flöprer
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Sweet!

(Though Bob Dole's second chin really misses everyone.)

You've been PM'd Senator.

Bwana
07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Congrats to all who stuck with it and smoked the weight!

wild1
07-02-2009, 10:09 AM
27%, that's great. Nice work Manilla Chief.

Mr. Plow
07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats to all of you!!

Rain Man
07-02-2009, 10:12 AM
When I first saw a contest about being the biggest loser, I thought I'd be competitive. Then when I found out it was about weight loss, I knew it would be harder.

I'm very pleased with my progress, though. My body fat percentage dropped from 29 percent to 17 percent in 6 months, and I'll be running my second half-marathon in a couple of weeks, having completed my first in June. Female construction workers hoot and say obscene things at me when I pass by, and I can once again wear my old Nepal t-shirts that I bought back in 1989.

BRC or whoever is in charge of money, can you just donate my prize to chiefsplanet in my name? I want to keep my bold font.

Congrats to everyone who participated, and thanks to Tinyevel for getting this thing started. It's amazing to see how much Manila Chief and luv lost.

cdcox
07-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I added up all the weight loss reported in the LOSER thread (doesn't include last results) and it totaled 731 lbs!

That is more than twice the weight lost by the Chiefs.

Congrats to Manila Chief and all the others.

BigRedChief
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
BRC or whoever is in charge of money, can you just donate my prize to chiefsplanet in my name? I want to keep my bold font.
$50 was given to Austin Chief in your name to help defray the costs on the site.

Chief Chief
07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
WTG, Manila Chief!

You definitely did not the whole thing.

Manila-Chief
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
First ... thanks guys for the challenge ... really couldn't have done it without you!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Congrats to:
Luv ... and to think she's only a girl ... I mean that in a good way ... I didn't have that certain time of the month thingy to deal with ... :) You are on your way to a really newer model of yourself ... a model!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Raining man! Had major questions about you back when I read about frozen feet or something like that ... but, you hung in there and accomplished your goal!!! For a "skinny guy" to start with ... most impressive!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bobby ... I'm impressed ... another "skinny guy" ... You just quietly lost the weight and accomplished your goal!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiny ... first gotta say you didn't accomplish your purpose of starting the thread. But 25 lbs. gone ... 10.80% loss is impressive considering your surgery and slipping off the wagon along the way!!! And, I'm confident you'll keep the thread alive, simply cuz you still have 10 lbs. to go!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRC ... :clap: up front and to begin with ... I'm impressed with your not slipping one time!!! That is a major accomplish ... regardless of weight loss. And to tell the truth ... I think for all of us "fatties" had we been assured in the beginning we would lose over 50 lbs ... would have said, "I'll take it!!!" You are another one that I'm waiting to see a picture of when you get below 200!!! But, do cheat a little on your vacation. Enjoy it! You deserve it!!! Just don't fall off the deep end of the buffet table!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ari, FMB, & NZoner ... your weight losses are nothing to be sneezed at ... good job considering your struggles. Now, I'll have to say that had you guys been dedicated from the beginning ... I would have to had a bigger challenge. But, I'm sure you are wearing smaller (or baggier) clothes today and that is to be celebrated. Keg didn't post, so he may be in this same group!!! :clap: :clap: Remember the training room is open tomorrow!!!

Brooser, K.C. Jones, & Floppy ... you lost ... you struggled ... but you are hanging in there. All of us who struggle with extra weight knows it is a struggle! You are a winner, if you continue on ... thus, :clap:

DeezNutz
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Great job everyone!

Big prop thingies to Tiny for getting all of this started! Of course, congrats to the winners (which is pretty much everyone, again)!

DaneMcCloud
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats to everyone involved!

DeezNutz
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I added up all the weight loss reported in the LOSER thread (doesn't include last results) and it totaled 731 lbs!

That is more than twice the weight lost by the Chiefs.

Congrats to Manila Chief and all the others.

We're going to win a lot of games this year.

Too bad the Chiefs will suck.

kstater
07-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Awesome job to everyone. Good luck to all in the future.

Ari Chi3fs
07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I guess now there should be a ChiefsPlanet Biggest Loser from July 1 - December 31?

Every six months? Is that a good idea?

Der Flöprer
07-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I guess now there should be a ChiefsPlanet Biggest Loser from July 1 - December 31?

Every six months? Is that a good idea?

I will win.

Slainte
07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Congrats to the winner, a shadow of the man he used to be. And a hearty pat on the back to all who participated. The jelly doughnuts are on me, kids...

Count Alex's Losses
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Does this mean I can go back to being fat now?

Iowanian
07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
ITs not often a person can take 2 photos of themselves 6 months apart and look like the Number 10, well, I guess you all went General Lee with the "O 1"

I hope you are all very proud of yoruselves.....it is results like these that are causing stock in Lane Bryant to tumble and causing jobs to be lost.

Good work.

keg in kc
07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Congratulations to all you guys. And thanks to tiny. That contest was good for a lot of people.

Rain Man
07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Does this mean I can go back to being fat now?

I'm starting a new weight gain contest. You in?

Count Alex's Losses
07-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm starting a new weight gain contest. You in?

I've got a head start on you all. I'm up to 194.5.

DaFace
07-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Congrats to all of the participants! I'm genuinely impressed!

Phobia
07-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah,.... well, I actually lost 73 pounds, just a little bit more than you, so.... and also I haven't eaten anything in 6 weeks, so.... I actually lost about 80% body fat and now my biceps are 25 inches, so.... But I don't need your money because I have hundreds of my own disposable dollars at my disposal, so....

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats to everyone. Bottle the feeling and use it to keep going and keep the weight off; it never gets old.

Der Flöprer
07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats to everyone. Bottle the feeling and use it to keep going and keep the weight off; it never gets old.

This. While I didn't accomplish shit for the first 5 months of this competition I'm still riding high from the 115lbs I lost a year ago. The power of knowing you can is one helluva motivator.

luv
07-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Congrats to all.

I'll admit, I felt defeated this month and gave in to temptations a little. However, I have a new goal to look as good as I possibly can before the bash.

I wish I could be as noble as the gentlemen have been and tell you to give my winnings to CP as well. I am a monthly contributor, and I am giving what I feel I can. Unfortunately, seeing as how I'm still wearing baggy clothes due to not being able to afford new ones, I am going to have to be greedy and donate my winnings to whichever bill I need to catch up on this month. Sorry.

Delano
07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah,.... well, I actually lost 73 pounds, just a little bit more than you, so.... and also I haven't eaten anything in 6 weeks, so.... I actually lost about 80% body fat and now my biceps are 25 inches, so.... But I don't need your money because I have hundreds of my own disposable dollars at my disposal, so....

OK Penelope.

http://www.heyrichie.com/uploaded_images/penelope-704826.jpg

cdcox
07-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Congrats to all.

I'll admit, I felt defeated this month and gave in to temptations a little. However, I have a new goal to look as good as I possibly can before the bash.

I wish I could be as noble as the gentlemen have been and tell you to give my winnings to CP as well. I am a monthly contributor, and I am giving what I feel I can. Unfortunately, seeing as how I'm still wearing baggy clothes due to not being able to afford new ones, I am going to have to be greedy and donate my winnings to whichever bill I need to catch up on this month. Sorry.

It's your winnings to do with what you please. No need to apologize. Congrats!

Jethopper
07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Congrats!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9db20b3127ccec7572d77ee6700000040O00AcOWTZq5ZtWIPbz4W/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Rain Man
07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Congrats to all.

Actually, I'm just afraid to give BigRedChief my home address. That guy is dangerous.

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I am eating hells of calories today because I have some physical exertion coming up and I feel like poop. I have eaten like 800 calories in two hours. Weird.

Hog Farmer
07-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Congrats to everyone. Since Ari didn't get a prize I'll take care of that.

Ari, just PM me your address and it's on the way!

Just kidding ! Ialways give Ari the hardest time. Congrats dude!!!! And keep going!

Simplex3
07-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Very impressive work by all four of the winners. Very impressive indeed.

luv
07-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Quick question. Who do I pm about the cash?

Der Flöprer
07-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Quick question. Who do I pm about the cash?

Probably Tiny E since he's doing the 1st and 2nd place prize.

Kyle DeLexus
07-03-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm starting a new weight gain contest. You in?You better do that. Right now I'm trying to eat to my "maintenance level" but I just don't eat much at all and am struggling with eating so much food. A trainer friend of mine told me since I've been in a calorie deficiency for so long I need to eat as much as I can to try to get my metabolism back up so I can go back 2 the deficiency but only 500 or so under maintenance.

stumppy
07-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I haven't followed the contest but would like to congratulate the winners along with everyone else who participated. Way to go Planeteers!!! :clap:

Direckshun
07-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Congrats to everyone. I'm proud of anybody who commits themselves to losing tons of weight.

This is just so cool.

MikeMaslowski
07-04-2009, 04:20 AM
The efforts that were put into this were beyond admirable. You guys all did great.

Manila-Chief
07-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Congrats to all.

Hey young lady, no need to explain! You won! Do with it as you like! I think Tiny is delighted he has helped you along the way to accomplishing your goals.

Your monthly contributions may be more than all the prize donations. Let me give you an illustratin from church work. I noticed a long time ago ... a church would have a fund raising and someone who hardly gave at all would pop up and pledge $$$ for the cause. Everyone would go ahhhhh! But, when you compute what they were giving week by week it amounted to more than Mr. Big Spenderless. I have contributed nothing to the site and thought this was an easy way to do it. Check my early posts in the thread and way back then I said I was not after the prize.

Take solace in the fact you were a tremendous challenge to me. I really thought you might win it. I rejoice with you over the 50 plus you have lost. That's a big accomplishment!!! And, I want to encourage you to out do your self and show up at the bash and have people not recognize you!!! Shift it into second gear and keep going girl!!! You deserve it!!!!!

JASONSAUTO
07-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Shit it into second gear and keep going girl!!! You deserve it!!!!!

just dont do it on nzoners floor please.

j/k manila

Manila-Chief
07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
just dont do it on nzoners floor please.

j/k manila

Yep, caught it but not before you could post this. Spell check is no good for poor proof reading. :shake:

JASONSAUTO
07-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Yep, caught it but not before you could post this. Spell check is no good for poor proof reading. :shake:

ROFL sorry i'll delete my post if you want. FWIW i found it funny.

Manila-Chief
07-04-2009, 11:42 AM
naw! not need ... I thought it funny as well!!!

JASONSAUTO
07-04-2009, 12:16 PM
naw! not need ... I thought it funny as well!!!

all is well, then

BigRedChief
08-11-2009, 10:21 AM
okay, back on track now after the cruise. Gained 8 lbs in two weeks. Jeeezzz going off a low carb diet and eating cake and pasta etc kills yor weight loss. but ohhh welll after 8 months of no cheating I don't feel too bad about the weight gain.

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Congrats to all you who did so well. :thumb:

Simply Red
08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
just wanted to take time out to thank Tiny E, this was a great thread, maybe the best ever. I didn't benefit or take part in this, however; I'm proud of him and everyone who DID.

Props!

SR

OmahaChief
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Congrats to all that participated. You are all winners. I wanted to join in but I failed to have the balls to do so. You have inspired me to be part of something like this next time. Good job all.

BigRedChief
08-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats to all that participated. You are all winners. I wanted to join in but I failed to have the balls to do so. You have inspired me to be part of something like this next time. Good job all.
We are continuing on the journey. The prizes have been given out but losing the weight is the biggest prize, isn't it?

Simply Red
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
We are continuing on the journey. The prizes have been given out but losing the weight is the biggest prize, isn't it?

W/O question. Nice work to all.

Count Alex's Losses
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
okay, back on track now after the cruise. Gained 8 lbs in two weeks. Jeeezzz going off a low carb diet and eating cake and pasta etc kills yor weight loss. but ohhh welll after 8 months of no cheating I don't feel too bad about the weight gain.

You can eat cake and pasta.

The trick is just not eating so much.

kstater
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
You can eat cake and pasta.

The trick is just not eating so much.

Ever been on a cruise?

TinyEvel
12-26-2009, 11:04 AM
well, I finally got around to sending Manila-Chief's prize money to ChiefsPlanet. I was procrastinating and swore to myself to get it done by the end of the year. $250 to support CP. Deed done.

Great Job Manila-CHief, hope you kept it off!

BigRedChief
12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
well, I finally got around to sending Manila-Chief's prize money to ChiefsPlanet. I was procrastinating and swore to myself to get it done by the end of the year. $250 to support CP. Deed done.

Great Job Manila-CHief, hope you kept it off!

And a reminder....Rainman also kicked in his $50.00 3rd place prize winnings into the Planet's kitty to keep the place running.

Los Pollos Hermanos
11-18-2011, 02:51 PM
This is a pretty cool idea.

After getting married I got pretty lazy with my diet and exercise. In 5 years I gained about 70 lbs. Yeah, that's pretty lazy. Well, the prize I won was Type II diabetes. So, I'm in the middle of trying to get back into shape. I've lost 25 lbs in the last month. Mostly counting calories with an app on my iPhone. It's amazing how knowing how many calories something has will really make you think twice before eating it.

Anyway, congratulations to all the people who participated. I hope everyone has been able to keep most of the weight off. Hopefully, I will reach my goals and keep the weight off and get rid of my diabetes.

Kudos to those who donated money.

BoneKrusher
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Congrats to all.