07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
So far I've heard Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva to Detroit

And this just in, Artest to the Lakers?

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/15861562

Also Ariza is considering Cleveland

Odom has been rumored in Phoenix and also rumors of him staying with the Lakers

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Holy shit they got Artest. Lock down D. Kobe no longer has to drain himself so much on defense playing guys like Lebron and what not. This is fucking awesome.

The Bad Guy
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Lebron won't win a ring for a long time if Artest and Kobe are together.

KCChiefsMan
Artest and Kobe will brawl at practice, hopefully.

Ultra Peanut
Not free agency, but ZACH RANDOLPH. Ha ha. Kneel before Z-Bo.

... ha.

:sulk:

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Heres a better link.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

By the way, KCChiefsMan, supposedly they are friends in Real Life. They just are competitive w/ eachother when they play.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
@Real_Ron_Artest:

Yeah, I'm signing with LA. Not the Lakers, though. The Sparks. The money's not great but they say I can get down w/ Candace Parker.about 2 hours ago from web

Thats not his real twitter, its something like 96warriorsomething.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I think she was joking.

Fruit Ninja
Heres a better link.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

By the way, KCChiefsMan, supposedly they are friends in Real Life. They just are competitive w/ eachother when they play.

Yep, Kobe and Ron are pretty close as is Ron and Odom, they grew up playing in New York.

Buck
If we can sign Artest and keep Odom, then Losing Ariza wont hurt as bad, but damn I'm going to miss him.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
If we can sign Artest and keep Odom, then Losing Ariza wont hurt as bad, but damn I'm going to miss him.

Ya, i like Ariza, but if you can get Ron for cheaper or the MLE, then you have to pull the trigger. No sense in waiting around for Ariza.

Spott
07-02-2009, 06:17 PM
I can't believe that the Bulls didn't make Gordon an offer. That sucks to see him go to the freaking Pistons.

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Thats not his real twitter, its something like 96warriorsomething.I knew it wasn't, but I thought it was funny and then decided it wasn't remotely funny enough to merit mention.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I can't believe that the Bulls didn't make Gordon an offer. That sucks to see him go to the freaking Pistons.

I think he pretty much decided he was leaving during the 2008 offseason.

The Bad Guy
07-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Honestly, Ariza is no big loss. He came out of virtually nowhere. Where ever he goes, he's going to be overpaid.

Artest is coming here hungry. He is a better defender, better scorer than Ariza. The only aspect of Ariza's game that's better is the speed aspect. In the triangle, that's not really needed.

No way should the Lakers keep Ariza if Ron is coming here.

Odom needs to be the priority.

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Ariza is a solid role player. Whatever.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Honestly, Ariza is no big loss. He came out of virtually nowhere. Where ever he goes, he's going to be overpaid.

Artest is coming here hungry. He is a better defender, better scorer than Ariza. The only aspect of Ariza's game that's better is the speed aspect. In the triangle, that's not really needed.

No way should the Lakers keep Ariza if Ron is coming here.

Odom needs to be the priority.

Good Point.

My concern is that now we have potentially 2 players who can easily pickup 7 Technicals if we go far into the playoffs.

Spott
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I think he pretty much decided he was leaving during the 2008 offseason.

They only gave him a 1 year contract last season. I've always liked the Bulls, but the 2 Jerry's have always been terrible at running the team. They basically just lucked out when Portland screwed up and took Bowie.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Ariza is a solid role player. Whatever.

If Ariza goes to Cleveland, and this is their starting lineup:

James
Shaq
Ariza
Mo Williams
Insert Guard/Forward Here

Thats pretty scary.

Ultra Peanut
07-02-2009, 06:29 PM
There are going to be some titanic teams in the league. Wow.

Blitz
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Lakers expected to sign Ron Artest

Repeat?

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I like..

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Odom off the bench, man o man.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
I like..

Fisher
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Odom off the bench, man o man.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
07-02-2009, 06:53 PM
FUCKING ARTEST!!!

JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
AM 570 In Los Angeles is reporting that The Houston Rockets have signed Trevor Ariza.

Sorry Cleveland

88TG88
07-02-2009, 06:58 PM
OHHH
EMMM
GEEEE

Just Passin' By
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM

The next time he plays defense will be the first.

Toadkiller
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Damn huge signing by my Lakers. I think Phil comes back and coaches ron as a new challenge.

Just Passin' By
07-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Oh....

The Celtics have reportedly offered the mid-level to Rasheed Wallace.

Buck
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Hmm...

I bet you Cleveland could really use Rasheed Wallace right now, especially after losing the chance to get Ariza.

They need to add at least one good player, I think, or else the Celtics will dominate them.

The Bad Guy
07-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Ariza will be awful in Houston.

KCChiefsMan
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Yep, Kobe and Ron are pretty close as is Ron and Odom, they grew up playing in New York.

right on

BWillie
07-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Somebody was saying Artest was guaranteed to be in Cleveland the other day. Now he's with the Lakers. I'm hearing a bunch of hoopla that player x is going to team y, bla bla bla. I'm not going to believe it until it's on ESPN's website as fact....which it looks like Artest is a Laker.

Buck
07-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Somebody was saying Artest was guaranteed to be in Cleveland the other day. Now he's with the Lakers. I'm hearing a bunch of hoopla that player x is going to team y, bla bla bla. I'm not going to believe it until it's on ESPN's website as fact....which it looks like Artest is a Laker.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but all they can really do is verbally agree right now.

I don't think they can sign until Wednesday, July 8.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Im hearing Gorat is going to Dallas, Yippee, shoot me in my fucking head

Direckshun
07-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Championship to the Lakers if Artest signs there.

Basileus777
07-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Hmm...

I bet you Cleveland could really use Rasheed Wallace right now, especially after losing the chance to get Ariza.

They need to add at least one good player, I think, or else the Celtics will dominate them.

They should go after McDyess, who is better than Rasheed at this point anyway. Wallace looked completely done last year.

And ROFL @ Ariza and his dumbass agent getting him run out of his hometown with stupid demands. Why spend 9 mil a year for a role-player when you get Ron Artest for 5 mil a year.

It's just crazy to think about how much more stacked the top 4 or 5 teams are all gonna be this year. We already have teams like Cleveland, SA, Orlando and now LAL making major additions to their rosters.

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Ariza's agent bluffed and his bluff got called. I bet Ariza is pissed. ITs his hometown. He didnt want to go anywhere, but he did want the money. The money is not there this year. No one is offering that big money he wants.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Cleveland REALLY needs another athletic wing player to play defense. They were exposed by the Magic in the pick and roll during the playoffs. If they have either Ariza or Artest, they're in the Finals. Getting Shaq is nice, but he's historically one of the worst defensive players against the pick and roll, so no help there. If they don't get Artest or Ariza (neither look likely at this point), they should go after Josh Childress, who's looking to come back from Europe.

But really, as UP said, all of these deals pale in comparison to the Griz getting Z-Bo. He's their missing piece! You really want that to be your veteran influence? On a team with youngsters like Mayo, Gay, Conley, Arthur, Thabeet and Gasol? Really? Sure we've thought this through? Idiots.

And Detroit goes from being a solid to great defensive team to a complete sieve in one season. Gordon and Charlie V have never met a shot they didn't like, and also never saw a man with the ball who they can't wave a red sheet in front of.

Top of the league just gets stronger across the board, while the bottom goes with "the youth movement". Royals fans know this feeling well.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Im hearing Gorat is going to Dallas, Yippee, shoot me in my ****ing head

Gortat is restricted, so the Magic can match. They claim they're willing to pay the luxury tax to keep him. We'll see.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
They should go after McDyess, who is better than Rasheed at this point anyway. Wallace looked completely done last year.

Rashweed is a risk, but his style probably suits the Cavs better than Dice. He can extend and hit the 3, while Shaq draws attention in the paint and everyone in the building has eyes on LeBron.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Championship to the Lakers if Artest signs there.

Maybe. The top of the league has gotten better across the board. If Odom goes elsewhere, the Lakers would be hurt by that. If San Antonio adds another part and can get Ginobili healthy, they're very good having adding Jefferson already. They're looking to make one last go of it with their core in place.

88TG88
07-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Ariza's agent bluffed and his bluff got called. I bet Ariza is pissed. ITs his hometown. He didnt want to go anywhere, but he did want the money. The money is not there this year. No one is offering that big money he wants.

Yup, I bet his agent gave him the ole' "Trust me, we're gonna get a ton of money from these guys". Sucks to see him go.

Basileus777
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Rashweed is a risk, but his style probably suits the Cavs better than Dice. He can extend and hit the 3, while Shaq draws attention in the paint and everyone in the building has eyes on LeBron.

Wallace is not as good of a fit defensively. One of the things I noticed watching Detroit last year was just how slow Walalce has become, and it's made him a liability defending the pick and roll. He doesn't have Sheed's range, but Dice can still stretch the defense with his mid range shot while providing better defense against the screen and roll at the 4.

Basileus777
07-02-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm not really sold on San Antonio. As a Nets fan I watched watched Jefferson enough to know that he isn't the answer for that team. Jefferson isn't that player he was back when the Nets were going to the finals, he doesn't play defense, rebound, or play off the ball anymore. In fact he's basically become a jump-shooter on offense and doesn't run the break like he used to.

Toadkiller
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Ariza verbally commits to Houston

Trevor Ariza has made a verbal commitment to sign with the Houston Rockets, according to sources close to the process.

The 6-foot-8 Ariza averaged 8.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists for the Lakers last season, which ended with the NBA championship.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers appeared unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

the Talking Can
07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
nba is riding high with talent right now....cool to see several potential powerhouse teams....

Fruit Ninja
07-02-2009, 09:28 PM
nba is riding high with talent right now....cool to see several potential powerhouse teams....

yep, there are alot of good to great players in the NBA. Some of them even on the same team. The level of talent right now in the NBA is crazy.

Basileus777
07-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Ariza verbally commits to Houston

Trevor Ariza has made a verbal commitment to sign with the Houston Rockets, according to sources close to the process.

The 6-foot-8 Ariza averaged 8.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists for the Lakers last season, which ended with the NBA championship.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers appeared unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

What is Houston going to do with both Battier and Ariza on the roster? They fill the exact same role. Except Battier's much better at it, but he's older too. Is he going to be moved for a youthful 2-guard?

But no one should be shocked when Ariza's three point percentage is back in the low 30s after the aberration of shooting 48% in the playoffs.

Toadkiller
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I think they have to trade Battier, get younger really do the rebuild thing, especially if they thing Yao won't be back.

Basileus777
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan reports that Ariza, according to sources, will receive the Rockets' full mid-level exception, which is being projected to come in at $5.8 million for next season. If the exception for the 2009-10 season is indeed set at $5.8 million Wednesday when the league announces next season's salary cap and luxury tax, Ariza's deal would be worth $33.5 million.

Nice job Ariza, you took less money to leave LA.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not really sold on San Antonio. As a Nets fan I watched watched Jefferson enough to know that he isn't the answer for that team. Jefferson isn't that player he was back when the Nets were going to the finals, he doesn't play defense, rebound, or play off the ball anymore. In fact he's basically become a jump-shooter on offense and doesn't run the break like he used to.

I think what you'll find with both Jefferson and Rasheed is that going to teams with veteran leadership, a new challenge and other "stars" to hold them accountable --- they'll be better players than they have been the last couple of years.

I like Dice, and your points about him are accurate. He does have a nice mid range game and is probably a bit more adept at defending the p&r. That said, if Cleveland keeps Varajao, they have a good p&r defender at the 4. I just think Cleveland would create some matchup nightmares if they could throw Shaq out at the 5, and periodically sub R Wallace at the 5. Tough change of pace for teams to deal with.

I'm only sold on SA if they can stay healthy, and that's a good sized "if" at this point. But Parker is now elite. Duncan can still control a game, and Manu can ball when he's right. Throw Jefferson into the mix with a couple of other good role players and they're a threat again.

KevB
07-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I think they have to trade Battier, get younger really do the rebuild thing, especially if they thing Yao won't be back.

Supposedly, they offered Battier and Brooks for the Grizzlies #2 pick in this draft, so they may have been looking to trade Battier even before getting Ariza. Cleveland should be falling all over themselves trying to get Battier on their squad. A perfect fit for them.

Mecca
07-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Allen Iverson is going to end up finishing his career on like Memphis...lovely.

DJ's left nut
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
LA saved from themselves.

Surely they haven't forgotten about the Vujacic and Walton contracts already? Both of those guys put up a strong playoff run and the Lakers end up overpaying to keep them.

I like Ariza both as a player and person, but even the full MLE is too much for him. When David Lee started sabre rattling, it was time to move on. Good for Mitch for not allowing the organization to be held hostage by that idiot.

The Bad Guy
07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Houston signing Ariza was a strict panic move. He doesn't do much of anything to improve that team. When McGrady goes down in about game 5, who becomes the scorer for that team?

Adelman should be on suicide watch with how poorly things have gone for them in the last 5 days.

Miles
07-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Houston signing Ariza was a strict panic move. He doesn't do much of anything to improve that team. When McGrady goes down in about game 5, who becomes the scorer for that team?

Adelman should be on suicide watch with how poorly things have gone for them in the last 5 days.

I think the Ariza signing was the one thing that was positive out of that whole disaster of the past week. Even if he just turns out to do a few things well like defense, 6 mil per is still a pretty modest contract as far as things go in the league.

Still I hate losing Artest. His shot selection can be horrifically bad at times but he more than makes up for that in other areas. Plus the way he carries himself is pretty amusing. He still kept looking for his shot even when TMac was around earlier last season but TMac was gimpy/shitty at the time anyway so I don't think it's necessarily an indication of how he will fit in with the Lakers.

Of all of the teams to go to it hurts more as a Rockets fan to see him go to LAL. Jackson had a way with odd guys in the past and I could see this working out well.

Ultra Peanut
07-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Allen Iverson is going to end up finishing his career on like Memphis...lovely.Zach Randolph is going to shoot a three-pointer on you.

Miles
07-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Zach Randolph is going to shoot a three-pointer on you.

At least it's another season away from Randolph being traded to avoid contact with the first pick overall.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Looks like Marion to the Mavs, good move IMO

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4314637

Sources: Mavs dealing to get Marion
Comment Email Print Share
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night moved to the brink of completing a sign-and-trade deal after successfully recruiting the Memphis Grizzlies to help complete a three-team transaction that will send Marion to Dallas, according to NBA front-office sources.

NBA Rumor Central

ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Basketball Association rumor mill.
Story Insider

Sources told ESPN.com that the trade will also send Jerry Stackhouse to the Grizzlies, with one source close to the process saying that a trade call with the league office to formalize the deal has been planned for Thursday, indicating that all sides have agreed in principle.

After strong signals the deal would expand to include a fourth team -- with sources telling ESPN.com that the Mavericks called several teams Wednesday trying to recruit an additional trade partner -- sources have confirmed that the deal will only involve three teams.

"The deal changed," a source said.

The known parameters of the deal call for Marion to receive a five-year contract in the region of $40 million from the Mavericks and land Stackhouse in Memphis, where he will be bought out by the Grizzlies -- with cash furnished by Dallas -- for $2 million by Aug. 10. Toronto will receive unspecified draft considerations and/or cash, but the involvement of a fourth team virtually assures that other players from the Mavericks and Grizzlies will be involved.

Sources said Dallas was close to pulling in a fourth team to join in after the Mavericks and Raptors successfully recruited Memphis to participate and take on Stackhouse's contract, thereby ensuring that Toronto could help Marion find a new home without endagering the cap space needed to sign Hedo Turkoglu away from Orlando later this week.

Although Raptors president Bryan Colangelo drafted Marion in Phoenix in 1999 and wants to help the former All-Star if he can, sources say Toronto is only interested in taking back draft considerations and/or cash to avoid getting in the way of its Turkoglu signing. In the midst of negotiations with Marion on a four-year contract believed to be worth $36 million late last week, Toronto managed to change Turkoglu's mind at the 11th hour and convince its No. 1 free-agent target to come to Canada for a five-year deal in excess of $50 million instead of signing with the Portland Trail Blazers.

The main thrust of the deal, with or without a fourth team, is Dallas landing Marion at what would be considered a favorable price and Marion getting a contract that starts slightly higher than the mid-level exception.

Dallas is hoping that the combination of Marion and Orlando restricted free agent Marcin Gortat -- along with the re-signing of Jason Kidd -- would greatly improve the depth and flexibility possessed by a team that won 50 games last season and advanced to the second round of the playoffs before losing to Denver.

Mavs owner Mark Cuban has said for months that he was prepared to be as aggressive as possible this summer as opposed to waiting for the free-agent bonanza of 2010, when Dallas was initially expected to have substantial cap space. Orlando retains the right to match any offer sheet to Gortat but the Magic are widely expected not to match.

Sources say that the Mavericks, meanwhile, are determined to keep Josh Howard even if a trade for Marion can be worked out, with Howard entering the final year of his contract. One potential drawback for Dallas is the fact that Marion would be yet another key member of their core over the age of 30, joining Nowitzki (31), Kidd (36), Jason Terry (31) and Howard (who turns 30 next April).

Marion earned $17.8 million last season and was traded for the second straight February when Miami sent him to Toronto in a swap for Jermaine O'Neal. He went from Phoenix to Miami one year earlier in the Shaquille O'Neal trade.

The Raptors were intent on re-signing Marion if they couldn't win the Turkoglu sweepstakes, seeing late-season signs of promise in Marion's collaboration alongside Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani. Sources say that the Cleveland Cavaliers, despite their recent pursuits of Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest and a well-chronicled need for a combo forward, are not making a hard push for Marion.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Pioli Zombie
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Celtics signed Wallace. With Garnett coming back that equals 18th Title for the Celtics.
Posted via Mobile Device

HypnotizedMonkey
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Celtics signed Wallace. With Garnett coming back that equals 18th Title for the Celtics.
Posted via Mobile Device

this

Pioli Zombie
07-08-2009, 10:03 PM
The Celtics took Orlando to 7 games without Garnett. With Garnett they would have won the title. With Garnett and Wallace they will now win it easy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jim Jones
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
You're assuming that Kevin Garnett will come back and be the same player he was two years ago, which he won't. He's been in the NBA for 14 years and is coming off a very serious knee injury. Combine that with the fact that Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are both losing battles with father time and Rasheed Wallace is essentially done, I don't really see how you can guarentee that 18th title.

L.A. Chieffan
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
The Celtics took Orlando to 7 games without Garnett. With Garnett they would have won the title. With Garnett and Wallace they will now win it easy.
Posted via Mobile Device

The current world champs just added one of the best defensive players of this era who can score at ease.
Might want to take it down a notch.

Basileus777
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

There's no guarantee that they would have beaten Cleveland or LA even with KG. And a washed up Rasheed Wallace isn't capable of guaranteeing a title for anyone.

Pioli Zombie
07-08-2009, 10:31 PM
There's no guarantee that they would have beaten Cleveland or LA even with KG. And a washed up Rasheed Wallace isn't capable of guaranteeing a title for anyone.

Yeah. Like Ray Allen was washed up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Basileus777
07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah. Like Ray Allen was washed up.
Posted via Mobile Device

What? Who ever said Ray Allen was washed up? He was an all-star with Seattle.

Rasheed is an inefficient chucker on offense and his lack of lateral movement has really hurt his defense, especially against the pick and roll. This isn't 2002, Rasheed isn't that good anymore. And if he costs Boston Big Baby and Powe, he might not even be an upgrade.

The Bad Guy
07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Danny Ferry is the worst GM in the NBA. Anderson Varejo gets 50 million over 6 years. If I'm LeBron, I'm running out of that town next Summer.

Basileus777
07-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Danny Ferry is the worst GM in the NBA. Anderson Varejo gets 50 million over 6 years. If I'm LeBron, I'm running out of that town next Summer.

Ferry is making Colangelo look like a genius.

Quite a feat.

The Bad Guy
07-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Ferry is making Colangelo look like a genius.

Quite a feat.

It is.

I actually like that Raptors team a lot (I might be the only one).

Ferry made a smart move with Shaq only to basically undo it by giving Anderson freaking Varajeo 50 million. Lamar Odom's agent is laughing now.

BWillie
07-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Notta chance. One more year on all of those guys, even Pierce is going to take it's toll. There isn't one guy on the Laker's that is going to get worse next year, not one. It'll come down to the Cavs, Lakers, or San Antonio. That is right. I said San Antonio.

88TG88
07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Notta chance. One more year on all of those guys, even Pierce is going to take it's toll. There isn't one guy on the Laker's that is going to get worse next year, not one. It'll come down to the Cavs, Lakers, or San Antonio. That is right. I said San Antonio.

I agree with this.

Fruit Ninja
07-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Fisher struggled alot this year and especially against smaller quicker point guards. He struggled really bad. Good news is we resigned Shannon Brown for 2 years and the kid can play.

I would like to see Fishers minutes go way down, maybe even start coming off the bench some. He's getting older as well and it showed. THough he did come up big in the play offs. The season takes its toll on players. Fisher has played alot of basketball in his career.

Other then Fish though, we wont see any decline in any other players. lol Bynum will get better, Brown will get better. Hell, Sasha has to play better then last year, he played horrible. Luke will be Luke, he's not over the hell yet. Damn, going to be fun.

Saccopoo
07-09-2009, 02:57 AM
Don't count out the Jazz. Boozer and Okur are coming back and the team has already said that they will resign Millsap, even if it means a cap hit. Essentially the same team that reached the Western conference finals two seasons ago. Big question is, can they stay healthy, and will Jerry give some time up front to Koufus, which would help them dramatically against Gasol?

And it's nice to see Artest stay in the West. I would have missed those Harpring/Artest wrestling matches.

Western Conference predictions:

1. Lakers
2. Jazz
3. Blazers
4. Nugglets
5. Spurs
6. Mavericks
7. Hornets
8. Rockets

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 04:28 AM
blah blah blah Lakers

blah blah blah Cavs

two words:

Ty Lawson

Watch out

Buck
07-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Don't count out the Jazz. Boozer and Okur are coming back and the team has already said that they will resign Millsap, even if it means a cap hit. Essentially the same team that reached the Western conference finals two seasons ago. Big question is, can they stay healthy, and will Jerry give some time up front to Koufus, which would help them dramatically against Gasol?

And it's nice to see Artest stay in the West. I would have missed those Harpring/Artest wrestling matches.

Western Conference predictions:

1. Lakers
2. Jazz
3. Blazers
4. Nugglets
5. Spurs
6. Mavericks
7. Hornets
8. Rockets
Homer
blah blah blah Lakers

blah blah blah Cavs

two words:

Ty Lawson

Watch out

ROLF

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 04:48 AM
Homer

ROLF

mark it down....and rumor has it Denver is hot after Grant Hill as well as Channing Frye

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Homer

ROLF

Lawson, a point guard from the University of North Carolina, was taken at No. 18 overall in Thursday night's draft. He was the ACC Player of the Year this past season, averaging 16.6 points with 6.6 assists. The 5-foot-11 sparkplug also captured the Bob Cousy Award as the nation's top point guard.
Lawson, after missing the ACC Tournament and the NCAA Tournament opener with a toe injury, led the Tar Heels in scoring and assists at 20.8 points and 6.8 assists in five tournament games. He scored 22 points in the national semifinal win over Villanova, then had 21 points with a championship-game record eight steals in the title victory against Michigan State.

lick it!

the Talking Can
07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
jesus christ Lebron must want to drive off a bridge having to play with talentless circus clowns like Varejoke....

how do you give that guy 6 years and almost 50 mill?

that roster is so full of trash...unreal...if I were Lebron I would be out of there asap...

Amnorix
07-09-2009, 07:59 AM

And ROFL @ Ariza and his dumbass agent getting him run out of his hometown with stupid demands. Why spend 9 mil a year for a role-player when you get Ron Artest for 5 mil a year.

It's just crazy to think about how much more stacked the top 4 or 5 teams are all gonna be this year. We already have teams like Cleveland, SA, Orlando and now LAL making major additions to their rosters.

C's need another big. Badly.

Wallace fills what the C's need perfectly. We'll see whether he's done or if he just knew Detroit didn't have what it took last year.

Amnorix
07-09-2009, 08:02 AM
You're assuming that Kevin Garnett will come back and be the same player he was two years ago, which he won't. He's been in the NBA for 14 years and is coming off a very serious knee injury. Combine that with the fact that Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are both losing battles with father time and Rasheed Wallace is essentially done, I don't really see how you can guarentee that 18th title.

I agree it's not guaranteed.

But now neither is the Lakers' repeating.

The Bad Guy
07-09-2009, 09:09 AM
blah blah blah Lakers

blah blah blah Cavs

two words:

Ty Lawson

Watch out

North Carolina point guards really have never done shit in the NBA.

You have a stud PG already. What is Ty Lawson going to add? Yeah, he can push the ball, so can 90% of NBA point guards.

The Bad Guy
07-09-2009, 09:09 AM
mark it down....and rumor has it Denver is hot after Grant Hill as well as Channing Frye

Laker fans everywhere are shaking.

BWillie
07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
jesus christ Lebron must want to drive off a bridge having to play with talentless circus clowns like Varejoke....

that roster is so full of trash...unreal...if I were Lebron I would be out of there asap...

The Cavs lost 16 games last year. 16. That team isn't a joke without LBJ either. They would easily be one of the top 5-6 teams in the East w/out him as well.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-09-2009, 11:37 AM
They would easily be one of the top 5-6 teams in the East w/out him as well.
your on crack, they wouldnt even come close to making the playoffs without Lebron

the Talking Can
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
The Cavs lost 16 games last year. 16. That team isn't a joke without LBJ either. They would easily be one of the top 5-6 teams in the East w/out him as well.

ROFL

they would be one of the worst teams in the league without Lebron....

that roster is trash almost top to bottom...that's proof of how amazing Lebron is....

L.A. Chieffan
07-09-2009, 01:32 PM

LOL did you say grant hill and channing frye??? who are you, isiah thomas?

DJ's left nut
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM

I'll say it again:

If LeBron has a team full of trash and can't make it gold, it's due to a 'lack of help' and he should flee to greener pastures immediately.

If Kobe has that team, he's a 'selfish chucker who can't make his teammates better'.

The 05/06 Lakers were one of the worst playoff teams of all time but all anyone wants to do is give Bryant hell.

The way the media and general NBA fanbase handles LeBron James never ceases to amaze me.

L.A. Chieffan
07-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll say it again:

If LeBron has a team full of trash and can't make it gold, it's due to a 'lack of help' and he should flee to greener pastures immediately.

If Kobe has that team, he's a 'selfish chucker who can't make his teammates better'.

The 05/06 Lakers were one of the worst playoff teams of all time but all anyone wants to do is give Bryant hell.

The way the media and general NBA fanbase handles LeBron James never ceases to amaze me.

kobe rapes white women. duh.

KevB
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I'll say it again:

Was that the year Kobe decided to pout in the deciding game against the Suns?

DJ's left nut
07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
LOL did you say grant hill and channing frye??? who are you, isiah thomas?

But with a rookie backup PG who slid to 18 in the draft, it's clearw that those two guys = championship.

Right?

Homers crack me up. I'm at least willing to concede that adding Artest means very little if we can't bring back Odom. Meanwhile this lunatic Nuggets fan seems to think the league will simply bend to the will of the mighty Nuggets on account of a backup point guard, an ageing veteran and a defensive specialist.

I'm sure Chris Anderson is well on his way to being a 15 ppg player as well...

JASONSAUTO
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
ROFL

that roster is trash almost top to bottom...that's proof of how amazing Lebron is....

agreed

DJ's left nut
07-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Was that the year Kobe decided to pout in the deciding game against the Suns?

The game was lost by the time he took to his pouting routine.

It was still Bush league, but it wasn't some egregious catastrophe either. It certainly shouldn't override the fact that that team didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs and wouldn't have gone to 7 without a superhuman effort from Bryant (or if Kwame Brown had ever heard of a defensive assignment so Tim Thomas never could've tied game 5).

This 'LeBron gets no help' argument is starting to sound a lot like the 'MJ's teammates were mediocre' one. Both of them are garbage arguments.

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
North Carolina point guards really have never done shit in the NBA.

You have a stud PG already. What is Ty Lawson going to add? Yeah, he can push the ball, so can 90% of NBA point guards.

Neither have USC QBs...... Ty Lawson is going to keep Chauncy more fresh because he won't have to play as many minutes. Anthony Carter was a solid veteran with good defensive skills but he could not be relied on for offense. Something Ty Lawson will be able to do
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Ty Lawson is going to have to get a shit ton of tatoos if he expects to get any playing time in Denver.

BWillie
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
ROFL

I didn't say the Western Conference, I said the Eastern Conference. The East is a joke. So you are saying a Lebronless Cavs would not be as good as the 76'ers or the Heat? Come on.

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
But with a rookie backup PG who slid to 18 in the draft, it's clearw that those two guys = championship.

Right?

Homers crack me up. I'm at least willing to concede that adding Artest means very little if we can't bring back Odom. Meanwhile this lunatic Nuggets fan seems to think the league will simply bend to the will of the mighty Nuggets on account of a backup point guard, an ageing veteran and a defensive specialist.

I'm sure Chris Anderson is well on his way to being a 15 ppg player as well...

Your not seeing the wole picture there LA homer. The reason the nuggets lost to the lakers is because 1. They had no offensive production from their backup PG ( Anthony Carter is a good guy just old and can't score) 2. Chauncy Billups was playing 40 plus minutes a game every game in the playoffs.

Lawson changes that and keeps Billups more fresh deeper into the playoffs. Frye brings a 4th big man with decent outside shooting skills, something the other three big men in Denver don't do so well.

Grant Hill who knows what that would be about. I'm also hearing that we might sign and trade linas kleiza for shane battier
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I didn't say the Western Conference, I said the Eastern Conference. The East is a joke. So you are saying a Lebronless Cavs would not be as good as the 76'ers or the Heat? Come on.

With d wade???? are you serious?

BWillie
07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
With d wade???? are you serious?

I bet you people are the same people who think that Jordan's Bulls wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if he wasn't around. Oh yea, when he wasn't around they were still a great team too.

Look, the Cavs would not be a great team w/out Lebron, but they would be average team, and a decent team in the Eastern Conference. I don't know why that is so hard to look into. A team just doesn't lose only 16 games with no other good players, or just because of ONE player.

If you put Lebron James on the Kings, they probably would have a chance to sneak in the playoffs, but even then that could be a push. Lebron James is not Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to break it to you.

The Bad Guy
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Neither have USC QBs...... Ty Lawson is going to keep Chauncy more fresh because he won't have to play as many minutes. Anthony Carter was a solid veteran with good defensive skills but he could not be relied on for offense. Something Ty Lawson will be able to do
Posted via Mobile Device

Your comparison is complete trash. Ed Cota and Ray Felton were better than Lawson in college yet were horrible pros. Ty Lawson is a good offensive player? Since when? His strength is pushing the ball.

Billips is playing 35-40 minutes a game whether you have Lawson or Carter on your team.

Anyway, Ty Lawson makes you about a 5 seed in the West with the Mavericks and Spurs improvements.

Good luck with that.

The Bad Guy
07-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I bet you people are the same people who think that Jordan's Bulls wouldn't even sniff the playoffs if he wasn't around. Oh yea, when he wasn't around they were still a great team too.

Look, the Cavs would not be a great team w/out Lebron, but they would be average team, and a decent team in the Eastern Conference. I don't know why that is so hard to look into. A team just doesn't lose only 16 games with no other good players, or just because of ONE player.

If you put Lebron James on the Kings, they probably would have a chance to sneak in the playoffs, but even then that could be a push. Lebron James is not Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to break it to you.

How good was Mo Williams when he had to carry a Bucks team? Z can't even get out of his own way anymore. Delonte West is always hurt.

Who scores for that team? That Bulls team still had Pippen. Who is the Scottie Pippen on the Cavs?

They don't have one.

I'm no James fan by any means, but that Lebron team is absolute garbage outside of Lebron.

DenverChief
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Your comparison is complete trash. Ed Cota and Ray Felton were better than Lawson in college yet were horrible pros. Ty Lawson is a good offensive player? Since when? His strength is pushing the ball.

A lot of other "experts" disagree with your assesment....and my point was that the schools that players come from have no impact on player production, that is just pure superstition

dirk digler
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
ROFL

Yep.

chiefs1111
07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Allen Iverson in Serious talks with the Clippers according to ESPN News

DJ's left nut
07-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Thank God.

I was afraid the Nuggets might get him to play alongside Billups and Ty Lawson, then we'd have to just shut the damn league down.

Have the Nugs brought in Arvydas Sabonis yet? Look out league!!!!!

L.A. Chieffan
07-13-2009, 11:17 PM
hate to do this but:

over/under blake griffin out with season ending injury. 35.

L.A. Chieffan
07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Frye brings a 4th big man with decent outside shooting skills, something the other three big men in Denver don't do so well.

Grant Hill who knows what that would be about.
Posted via Mobile Device

dont worry dude, joe smith and drew gooden are still available

DenverChief
07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Well we replaced Dhantay Jones...

DENVER, Jul. 13, 2009 -- The Denver Nuggets have acquired guard Arron Afflalo and forward Walter Sharpe from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for a second round pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today.
“We are very pleased to add two young promising prospects like Arron and Walter to our veteran roster,” said Warkentien. “Arron is a proven NBA defender with an incredible work ethic and Walter is a talented but raw player with tremendous upside.”

Afflalo, 6-5, 215, will be entering his third season in the NBA in 2009-10. The 2007 first round selection of the Pistons (27th overall) holds career averages of 4.3 ppg and 1.8 rpg in 14.8 minutes per contest in 149 career games. He made 74 appearances (eight starts) for Detroit this past season, averaging 4.9 ppg in 16.7 minutes. Additionally, Afflalo posted 6.3 ppg in 16.5 mpg during the Pistons’ four playoff games in 2009.

Sharpe, 6-9, 245, averaged 1.0 ppg in eight appearances as a rookie with Detroit in 2008-09. He also played four games with Fort Wayne of the NBA Development League last season, posting 10.8 ppg and 3.5 rpg. He was originally drafted by the Seattle Sonics in the second round (32nd overall) of the 2008 NBA Draft, before having his draft rights traded to Detroit on draft night.

DenverChief
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
dont worry dude, joe smith and drew gooden are still available
The most interesting and intriguing player involving the Nuggets lately is Amare Stoudemire. It has been rumored that Denver could trade K-Mart and Linas Kleiza for Stoudemire, who has expressed his displeasure with the Suns.

Stoudemire averaged 21.4 points and 8.1 rebounds in 2008-09 and is one of the best and most athletic big men in the game. Stoudemire can dunk, and does so emphatically, but can also run the floor well, and had a decent post game.

Basileus777
07-14-2009, 11:40 AM

That's a false rumor. As incompetent as Phoenix's front office is, there's no way they give up Amare for a bench player and Kmart's awful contract. There's no chance in hell Kmart opts out of a deal that's going to pay him 16 mil next year.

BWillie
07-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Rookie of the year voting ballot results for 2010.....

1. Blake Griffin

MVChiefFan
07-14-2009, 11:58 AM
That's a false rumor. As incompetent as Phoenix's front office is, there's no way they give up Amare for a bench player and Kmart's awful contract. There's no chance in hell Kmart opts out of a deal that's going to pay him 16 mil next year.

Although I take offense at you bashing the Suns, :D, I do agree with you. That's a horrible trade and they should have NO part of it. Anyway, Kerr and Sarver met with Stoudemire and his agent to talk about an extension and Amare came out of the meeting happy. So the rumor goes.

DJ's left nut
07-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Although I take offense at you bashing the Suns, :D, I do agree with you. That's a horrible trade and they should have NO part of it. Anyway, Kerr and Sarver met with Stoudemire and his agent to talk about an extension and Amare came out of the meeting happy. So the rumor goes.

Neither team should make that deal. Even if the suns would swing it, the Nuggets are worse off for it. They would essentially go back to their 2008 team with too little toughness, too many players that have to have the ball in their hands to be effective and too many folks that don't seem inclined to play defense.

But keep 'em coming Denverchief, I get a kick out of this.

DenverChief
07-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Ty Lawson is a good offensive player? Since when? His strength is pushing the ball.

.........................MIN....FGM-A...3PM-A..FTM-A..OFF..DEF..TOT..AST..PTS
Lawson 07/18......30:06..8-16....3-4.......2-2.......1......4......5......3.....21
Lawson 07/17 .....32:39..11-16...2-4.......2-3......1......4......5.....5.......26

yeah not much of an offensive player...it's summer league but its still 20 points an 5 assists

The Bad Guy
07-19-2009, 10:12 AM
.........................MIN....FGM-A...3PM-A..FTM-A..OFF..DEF..TOT..AST..PTS
Lawson 07/18......30:06..8-16....3-4.......2-2.......1......4......5......3.....21
Lawson 07/17 .....32:39..11-16...2-4.......2-3......1......4......5.....5.......26

yeah not much of an offensive player...it's summer league but its still 20 points an 5 assists

Adam Morrison and Austin Day are dominating the summer league for their teams as well. Summer league means jack shit.

Lawson is not much of an offensive player no matter how much you want to believe he is. Just because he is averaging 24 a game against mediocre talent doesn't change that.

Reaper16
07-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Hornets and Bobcats made a trade: Emeka Okafor for Tyson Chandler. That struck me as very interesting.

Buck
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Hornets and Bobcats made a trade: Emeka Okafor for Tyson Chandler. That struck me as very interesting.

Interesting as in, what the hell is wrong with the Hornets, why would they want Okafor?

I guess they wanted to get something in return for Chandler instead of just cutting him, but I doubt Okafor will really help much.

Although, Chris Paul did make Tyson Chandler look pretty good, I guess he could do that with Okafor too.

Reaper16
07-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Interesting as in, what the hell is wrong with the Hornets, why would they want Okafor?

I guess they wanted to get something in return for Chandler instead of just cutting him, but I doubt Okafor will really help much.

Although, Chris Paul did make Tyson Chandler look pretty good, I guess he could do that with Okafor too.
I figured that the Hornets would just have to dump Tyson's salary, but they got a little something in return. I'd like to see how Okafor looks playing with CP3.

Ebolapox
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM

wait, the okafor that looked dominant in college? heh. sad.

Buck
07-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I figured that the Hornets would just have to dump Tyson's salary, but they got a little something in return. I'd like to see how Okafor looks playing with CP3.

My roommate is a Hornets fan, and his saying has always been, "Chris Paul makes Tyson Chandler look like Wilt Chaimberlin."

Pretty ridiculous, but he did make Chandler look better.

Reaper16
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
My roommate is a Hornets fan, and his saying has always been, "Chris Paul makes Tyson Chandler look like Wilt Chaimberlin."

Paul is pretty damn good... he made Chandler look pretty amazing in 2008.

Okafor has 180 double-doubles. He isn't trash. He's not as athletically gifted as Chandler, but he's a more consistent ballplayer.

Ebolapox
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
chandler's always been crazy talented. his commitment hasn't always been there, though. I'm a bulls fan, though, and I'm sorta bitter about that draft (curry and chandler)

Demonpenz
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Has anyone else heard and Grumblings about Michael Beasley down in Miami. I know Beasley went to 5 or 6 different high school, and a little birdie told me Wade isn't too happy. I heard Hansburo has been working out and fouling the shit out of everyone in practice. I don't think Thebet will be great, but can be a good shot blocker.

Mr. Arrowhead
07-28-2009, 02:47 PM
charlotte got ripped off

L.A. Chieffan
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM
hate to do this but:

maybe i should change this to 15.

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Chris Paul will make Okafor look like Bill Russell

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 09:43 AM

Exactly! There were talks Chandler would be traded for a 2nd Round draft pick during the draft so it was has been a fire sale on Chandler's contract. How could this not be an upgrade for the Hornets? Okafor is better in EVERY area just 2 inches shorter than Chandler. Not only that he's not injury-prone & the Hornets FO shed $2 mill with the deal.

Okafor career averages of 14 ppg, 10.7 rpg, and 1.9 bpg and compare that to Chandler’s 8.2, 9.0 and 1.4. Even if you pick out individual best seasons, Tyson’s 11.8, 11.8 and 1.1 can't shake a stick at Okafor’s best season of 14.4, 11.3, and 2.6.

the Talking Can
07-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Chris Paul will make Okafor look like Bill Russell

that's really stupid

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
His real name is Chukwuemeka Noubuisi Okafor so please refer to him as such!!!

Reaper16
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
His real name is Chukwuemeka Noubuisi Okafor so please refer to him as such!!!
The majority of Americans will refer to him as "Hey, isn't he that guy who was good for UConn a while back?"

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Hornets now just signed Ike Diogu. The team with with the most outrageous names on the roster goes to...

Buck
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
that's really stupid

Yeah, this guy is a retard.

Hornets now just signed Ike Diogu. The team with with the most outrageous names on the roster goes to...

Its funny because you'll still be sitting at home come next May/June.

Mecca
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, this guy is a retard.

Its funny because you'll still be sitting at home come next May/June.

Eh regardless of these moves they're making, their run comes down to Paul and West and the rest of the role players just fitting in.

Buck
07-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Eh regardless of these moves they're making, their run comes down to Paul and West and the rest of the role players just fitting in.

Chris Paul + David West + Scrubs are not better than the Lakers or the Spurs, or even the Trailblazers at this point.

The Hornets will have to be extremely lucky to make it to the NBA Finals.

Ultra Peanut
07-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Hornets now just signed Ike Diogu. The team with with the most outrageous names on the roster goes to...Dude was awesome at Arizona State.

Like, six years ago.

Basileus777
07-29-2009, 03:20 PM

Chris Paul is the only player on that roster that can create his own shot, which means they'll have to stick with running the pick and roll every single play. But really, it's not even about the role-players. No team will ever win a title with Chris Paul and David West as its two best players. New Orleans is going nowhere for the foreseeable future unless they can add a superstar wing or big man.

Buck
07-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Chris Paul + David West + Scrubs are not better than the Lakers or the Spurs, or even the Trailblazers at this point.

And the Nuggets, I forgot about them.

Param
07-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Has anyone else heard and Grumblings about Michael Beasley down in Miami. I know Beasley went to 5 or 6 different high school, and a little birdie told me Wade isn't too happy.

He's immature, doesn't play defense well, and needs to pass the ball around more. The key for him is what position is he going to play. He's a combo forward, but he needs to lock down the sf position and play. Footwork, perimeter skills, and just grow up and improve his game more.

Still don't know if he's going to start this year depending on who they bring in. The heat do not have anyone to trade that can bring players in to help Wade. So you will continue to hear Beasley in trade talks.

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM

I make a reference to Ike Diogu's funny name & that means New Orleans should be polishing their 2010 NBA Championship trophy?!? NO! Their biggest problems last year were their bench & injuries. They added to their bench Collison & Thorton in the draft & got a back-up for D West so he doesn't have to carry as much minutes. Then they got a durable Center who can play more than half the season not to mention Okafor has something that resembles an offensive game. He won't have to have alley-oops spoon fed to him to get some buckets unlike Chandler. You're the ra-tard...and Portland?!? Come on man Andre Miller makes them that much better and they lost Sergio Rodriguez?

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM

Your roommate sounds like Aristotle! Smart guy

Basileus777
07-29-2009, 05:36 PM
You're the ra-tard...and Portland?!? Come on man Andre Miller makes them that much better and they lost Sergio Rodriguez?

Portland was a noticeably better team than New Orleans last year. Andre Miller, plus a year of growth for their young roster means that is unlikely to change.

Okafor is a solid player, but he's not that much of an upgrade over Chanlder. He's got a better offensive game than Chandler even if he can't catch alley-oops, and is a better shot-blocker. But Okafor's man defense isn't impressive and he struggles with other centers because he is undersized and let's them get post position. His pick and roll defense isn't the greatest either. Chandler is a better man defender and rebounder. The difference between Chandler and Okafor really isn't that much, they are both above-average players. I actually think New Orleans' lack of size in their frontcourt is going to be an issue.

BWillie
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I sure hope Kirk Hinrich gets moved.

urgmasdaughter
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Basileus777;5934411]Portland was a noticeably better team than New Orleans last year. Andre Miller, plus a year of growth for their young roster means that is unlikely to change.

The Blazers caught fire at the end of the season plus the Hornets were injury prone all season long. Growth? They said the same thing about CP3 and the Hornets two years ago when they were #2 in the West talking bout gorwth and experience. Got killed in the first round. Size is def an issue for sure unless they can go small and run but they still got some holes

CoMoChief
07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I sure hope Kirk Hinrich gets moved.

Best god damned guard to ever play the game of basketball.

Basileus777
07-30-2009, 04:06 PM
It looks like Odom caved in, it's a three-year deal with a 4th year team option.

Well played LA. Odom will help them compete for more titles in the short term without forcing LA to be saddled with his contract in the long-term.

Buck
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
It looks like Odom caved in, it's a three-year deal with a 4th year team option.

Well played LA. Odom will help them compete for more titles in the short term without forcing LA to be saddled with his contract in the long-term.

Wait, LA is keeping ODOM!!!

IN YOUR FACE GARRETT*

Fruit Ninja
07-30-2009, 04:11 PM
As if there was any real doubt that he wouldnt sign with the Lakers. He loves it in L.A. Now playing one his long time Friend Artest.

The Goods is back!!

L.A. Chieffan
07-30-2009, 05:20 PM
now you're all in big big trouble

BWillie
07-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Man, the Laker's are gonna be sick. If they could just find a point guard once Fish breaks down next year they will be set. Trust me, Ron Artest > Trevor Ariza by quite a bit. And Bynum is only going to have another yr under his belt. Now if they could just find a way to pull Kirk Hinrich they would be untouchable.

DenverChief
10-29-2009, 06:09 AM
blah blah blah Lakers

blah blah blah Cavs

two words:

Ty Lawson

Watch out

<!-- left column --><!-- url: --><!-- videoId: 0-->http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nba/sml/uth.gif (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=uth)Jazz 105, http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nba/sml/den.gif (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den)Nuggets 114

<!-- button nav --> Recap (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291028007) Box Score (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=291028007) Play-By-Play (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=291028007) Shot Chart (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=291028007) Photos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?gameId=291028007) Conversation (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/conversation?gameId=291028007) <script type="text/javascript"> var thisGame = new espn360GameObj("291028007", "10:30 PM ET", "true") dummyVar = espn360GameList.push(thisGame) </script>Watch Replay http://a.espncdn.com/prod/assets/espn360_tv.gif
<!-- end button nav --> <style type="text/css"> .subhead{ color: #666666; font-size: 15px; font-weight: bold; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Geneva,sans-serif; width: 100%; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 0px; display: inline; } </style> <!--seriesScore: NUGGETS LEAD 1-0--> <!-- game header --> <!-- begin line score --> <table class="linescore" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="team">
</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">1</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">2</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">3</td> <td class="period" style="text-align: center;">4</td> <td class="total" style="text-align: center;">T</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> UTH (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=uth) (0-1) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">30</td> <td style="text-align: center;">25</td> <td style="text-align: center;">25</td> <td style="text-align: center;">25</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">105</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="team"> DEN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den) (1-0) </td> <td style="text-align: center;">23</td> <td style="text-align: center;">31</td> <td style="text-align: center;">28</td> <td style="text-align: center;">32</td> <td class="ts" style="text-align: center;">114</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- begin game status (boxscore and pbp pages) --> Final

<!-- end game status -->
<!-- end line score --> 10:30 PM ET, October 28, 2009
Pepsi Center
Denver, CO

<!-- end game header --> <!-- Recap Title -->Lawson ignites 4th-quarter run as Nuggets play off Jazz

<!-- right rail --> <style> /* INLINE VIDEO PLAYER */ .mod-inline.video-player.full-box{position:relative; overflow:hidden; padding:3px; border: solid #c6c6c6 1px; margin:0 0 16px -16px; padding:2px; width:576px;} .ie6 .mod-inline.video-player.full-box {zoom:1;} .mod-inline.video-player.full-box .flashalt-container{background:#EEE; padding:10px; height:324px; width:auto; font-size:11px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;} .mod-inline.video-player h5 {padding: 8px 0px 3px 0px; margin:4px 10px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000;} .mod-inline.video-player .mod-video-rating{padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; width:190px;} .mod-inline.video-player .mod-video-tags{padding-bottom:10px; color:#666; font-size:10px;} /* INLINE VIDEO PLAYER */ .mod-inline.video-player h5 {padding: 8px 0px 3px 0px; margin:4px 10px; font-size:12px;} .mod-inline.video-player .mod-video-tags {padding:0 0 10px 10px;} .mod-inline.video-player .mod-video-tags span {display:block; padding-bottom:5px;} .mod-inline.video-player #videoInfo {float:left; width:auto;} .mod-inline.video-player.with-playlist #videoInfo {float:left; width:300px;} .mod-video-playlist {float:left; width:360px !important; padding:5px!important; border: 1px solid #C6C6C6 !important; margin: 0px !important;} .mod-video-playlist h6{font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#777; font-weight:700; display:block; border-bottom:1px #ddd solid; margin:0 0 6px; padding:0 8px 4px 2px;} .mod-video-playlist h6 img {padding-left:4px;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks {padding:0;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks {margin:0 !important;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li {padding-bottom:4px; padding-top:4px; padding-left:15px; background:#fff url(../assets/bullet_gray.gif) 5px 8px no-repeat;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li {display:block; border-style:solid; border-color:#fff #fff #ddd #fff; border-width:1px;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.last {border-width:1px 1px 0 1px;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.active {background:#eee url(../assets/bullet_gray.gif) 5px 8px no-repeat; border-color:#ddd; border-width:0 1px 1px;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.first.active {border-width:1px;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.active {font-weight:700; color:#444;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li a {display:block;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.active a {color:#444;} .mod-video-playlist ul.bulletlinks li.active a:hover {text-decoration:none;} .mod-inline .video-player .videoplayer-show {margin-top:0 !important;} </style> <object id="videoPlayer" data="http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf22/prod/r_2_2_3/ESPN_Player.swf?id=4604437&autostart=true&playerType=recap09&pageName=undefined&localSite=undefined" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="209" width="372">

</object>
VIDEO PLAYLIST http://a.espncdn.com/icons/video2.png

Carmelo, Nuggets Slam Jazz, 114-105 (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4604437)

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8">(function(){function c(n){var k=document.cookie,s,e,l="length";if(k[l]>0){s=k.indexOf(n+"=");if(s!=-1){ s=s+n[l]+1;e=k.indexOf(";",s);if(e==-1)e=k[l];return unescape(k.substring(s,e));}}return"";}var a=c("releaseCandidate")=="true";this.ESPN_GLOBALS={pageType:"espnvideohub",videoPlayers:{recap09:{src:!!a?"http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf22/dev/r_2_2_3_7/ESPN_Player.swf":"http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf22/prod/r_2_2_3/ESPN_Player.swf",height:209,width:372,adminOver:!!a?"newskin":"3805638",autostart:"true",playerType:!!a?"newskin_recap09_dev":"recap09"}}}})();</script> <!-- ALSO SEE --> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Also See</td></tr> <tr><td class="tablealso" valign="middle"> · Jazz's Korver has bone spur in knee removed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4603550)
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- sport:46 travelsport:1 team:7 game:291028007 --> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr class="gamehead"><td colspan="2">WERE YOU THERE?</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow" valign="top"> <td> http://a.espncdn.com/i/travel/09/passportLogo.gif (http://espn.go.com/travel/news/story?id=4267421) Did you attend this game? If so, start chronicling your sports memories today with ESPN's Sports Passport. Enter the games you attend, upload your photos and share your memories!
I was there »

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
<!-- Photo wire --> <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Photo Wire</td></tr> <tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="145">http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/c2e1eab4-3781-4d4d-ab68-edc1af1ac3c7_thumbnail.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?photoId=2370301&gameId=291028007)
</td><td bgcolor="#ececec" valign="top">Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, right, of Russia, picks up a loose ball as Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony looks on in the third quarter of the Nuggets' 114-105 victory in an NBA basketball game in Denver on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2009. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

· View photo (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?photoId=2370301&gameId=291028007) | View gallery (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?gameId=291028007)</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Team Stat Comparison</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td>
</td> <td>UTAH</td> <td>DENVER</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Points</td> <td>105</td> <td>114</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FG Made-Attempted</td> <td>37-81 (.457)</td> <td>43-89 (.483)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">3P Made-Attempted</td> <td>6-10 (.600)</td> <td>5-13 (.385)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">FT Made-Attempted</td> <td>25-29 (.862)</td> <td>23-30 (.767)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Rebounds (Offensive-Total)</td> <td>10-39</td> <td>14-42</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Assists</td> <td>26</td> <td>22</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Turnovers</td> <td>16</td> <td>13</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Steals</td> <td>3</td> <td>5</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Blocks</td> <td>4</td> <td>6</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fast Break Points</td> <td>10</td> <td>14</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)</td> <td>20 (2/0)</td> <td>25 (0/0)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">Largest Lead</td> <td>9</td> <td>18</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><th colspan="4" class="gamehead">Top Performers</th> </tr><tr class="colhead"> <td colspan="2">UTAH</td> <td colspan="2">DENVER</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" valign="top"> <td class="oddrow" align="center" width="72">http://a.espncdn.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3929.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2798)</td> <td class="evenrow" nowrap="nowrap">D. Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2798)
Reb: 3
Ast: 13
Stl: 1
Blk: 0
</td> <td class="oddrow" align="center" width="72">http://a.espncdn.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3706.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1975)</td> <td class="evenrow" nowrap="nowrap">C. Anthony (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1975)
Reb: 8
Ast: 5
Stl: 1
Blk: 1
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="gamehead" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Game Leaders</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td>UTAH</td><td>DENVER</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Points</td><td nowrap="nowrap">D. Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2798) 28</td><td nowrap="nowrap">C. Anthony (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1975) 30</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Rebounds</td><td nowrap="nowrap">C. Boozer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1703) 11</td><td nowrap="nowrap">K. Martin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=515) 11</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Assists</td><td nowrap="nowrap">D. Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2798) 13</td><td nowrap="nowrap">T. Lawson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000) 6</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>Steals</td><td nowrap="nowrap">D. Williams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2798) 1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">N. Hilario (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1713) 2</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>Blocks</td><td nowrap="nowrap">C. Boozer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1703) 1</td><td nowrap="nowrap">N. Hilario (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1713) 2</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">· Team stats: Utah (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?team=uth) | Denver (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?team=den)</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Next 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">UTAH (ET)</td> <td width="50%">DENVER (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>10/30 LAC 9:00pm
11/02 HOU 9:00pm
11/03 @DAL 8:30pm
11/05 SA 10:30pm
11/07 SAC 9:00pm
</td> <td>10/29 @POR 10:30pm
11/01 MEM 8:00pm
11/03 @IND 7:00pm
11/04 @NJ 7:30pm
11/06 @MIA 7:30pm
</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2">· Complete Schedule: Utah (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=uth) | Denver (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=den)</td></tr></tbody></table>

<!-- end right rail --><!-- begin recap text -->Associated Press
DENVER -- Ty Lawson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000) may be dusting off an old nickname.
Back before his days at North Carolina, the rookie was called "Sparkplug" for his ability to come into a game and provide instant energy.Lawson did just that Wednesday night, scoring seven of his 17 points in a pivotal fourth-quarter run to help the Denver Nuggets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=den) to a season-opening 114-105 win over the Utah Jazz (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=uth)."Play fast and get people involved," Lawson said. "I've been doing that since I was younger."Although Anthony Carter (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=137) got the start, it was Lawson in the game at crunch time. He was playing too well to take out.Lawson ignited a 9-0 run to open the fourth quarter, scoring on driving layups and quick jumpers to help the Nuggets pull away in what had been a close contest."There's such a speed to the game when Ty's on the court," Nuggets coach George Karl said. "Right now, I'm just going to ride guys that are going."That would definitely include Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1975), who scored a game-high 30 points. He's simply starting where he left off in the preseason, when he led the league with a 23.6 scoring clip."It was a statement game for me," Anthony said.The Jazz certainly got the message."He's a terrific player," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said. "He's one of those players who knows when to start. He knows when the season is ready to start. He's very hard to guard."Chauncey Billups (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=63) finished with 25 while Kenyon Martin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=515) added 16 points and 11 rebounds.

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td width="5%">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="7%">
</td> <td width="7%">
</td> <td width="7%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Ty Lawson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000), PG</td><td>26 MIN
</td><td>7-13 FG
</td><td>
</td><td>3-3 FT
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>4 REB</td><td>6 AST</td><td>1 STL</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>+12</td><td>17 PTS

Reaper16
10-29-2009, 02:48 PM
OK, so my Magic looked impressive on offense on the first game of the Vince Carter era and Lewis wasn't even playing due to suspension.

But I don't expect it to last.

L.A. Chieffan
10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
hate to do this but:

maybe i should change this to 15.

LOLZ

58-4ever
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Thunder! Thunder!

DenverChief
11-06-2009, 08:42 AM
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td width="5%">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="7%">
</td> <td width="7%">
</td> <td width="7%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
</td> <td width="6%">
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Ty Lawson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000), PG</td><td>26 MIN
</td><td>7-13 FG
</td><td>
</td><td>3-3 FT
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>4 REB</td><td>6 AST</td><td>1 STL</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>+12</td><td>17 PTS

Must suck to be wrong

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Ty Lawson (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000), PG</td><td>28
MIN
</td><td>9-10
FG
</td><td>3-3
3PT
</td><td>2-2
FT
</td><td>
</td><td>4
REB
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>+15</td><td>23
Pts

The Bad Guy
11-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Must suck to be wrong

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD noWrap align=left>Ty Lawson (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4000), PG</TD><TD>28
MIN

</TD><TD>9-10
FG

</TD><TD>3-3
3PT

</TD><TD>2-2
FT

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>4
REB

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>

</TD><TD>+15</TD><TD>23
Pts

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Let me know when they end the NBA season at 7 games.

DJ's left nut
11-06-2009, 09:14 AM

Or when you're willing to show up on his positively mediocre games (like the 3 he's had in between the 2 you're citing).

Denver's nothing. They're a mere stepping stone on the way to the Western Conference Championship between LA and the Spurs.

A backup PG will do nothing to change that.

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 06:03 AM

but I do recall the statement was "he is no offensive player"

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Lawson is not much of an offensive player no matter how much you want to believe he is.:hmmm:

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Ty Lawson is a good offensive player? Since when? :hmmm:

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Or when you're willing to show up on his positively mediocre games (like the 3 he's had in between the 2 you're citing).

G1 vs Utah 17 pts, 6 asts, 26M
G2 vs Portlnd 7 pts, 1 asts, 17M
G3 vs Memph 8 pts, 3 asts 22M
G4 vs Indiana 4 pts, 1 ast 13M
G5 vs NJ 23 pts, 2 asts 28M
G6 vs Miami 11 pts, 2 asts, 24M

I'd say for someone who "has no offense" those are pretty damn good numbers coming off the bench, perfect no, is he going to have an rookie mistakes and off games sure but what I am seeing so far is very very promising....yeah he is no MJ/KB but no one here ever said he was...what was said is that he will allow Denver to rest Billups more thus he won't be so tired come Western Conference Finals time...the 2 games he played less than 20M not so great numbers, the 4 he played over 20M he has very good numbers...

Compared to the 2 Lakers PG's

Jordan Farmar
vs Grizz 21M 9 Points 2 Asts
vs Hou 16M 5 pts 3 asts
vs Okc 8M 0 pts 1 ast
vs Atl 14M 5 pts 4 asts
vs Dal 19M 5 pts 1 ast

Derek Fisher
vs Grizz 24M 11 pts 7 asts
vs Hou 34M 0 pts 0 asts
vs Okc 35M 9 pts 2 asts
vs Atl 30M 6 pts 3 asts
vs Dal 29M 5 pts 2 asts

I'd say he is doing pretty damn well

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 05:57 PM
A backup PG will do nothing to change that.

I disagree one of the reasons the nuggets lost to LA in the WCF is that Anthony Carter couldn't produce off the bench and give Billups a rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
but I do recall the statement was "he is no offensive player"

He's not. 2 productive games is an incredibly small sample size, but by all means, keep pounding your chest like your Bill Simmons.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2009, 07:37 PM
G1 vs Utah 17 pts, 6 asts, 26M
G2 vs Portlnd 7 pts, 1 asts, 17M
G3 vs Memph 8 pts, 3 asts 22M
G4 vs Indiana 4 pts, 1 ast 13M
G5 vs NJ 23 pts, 2 asts 28M
G6 vs Miami 11 pts, 2 asts, 24M

I'd say for someone who "has no offense" those are pretty damn good numbers coming off the bench, perfect no, is he going to have an rookie mistakes and off games sure but what I am seeing so far is very very promising....yeah he is no MJ/KB but no one here ever said he was...what was said is that he will allow Denver to rest Billups more thus he won't be so tired come Western Conference Finals time...the 2 games he played less than 20M not so great numbers, the 4 he played over 20M he has very good numbers...

Compared to the 2 Lakers PG's

Jordan Farmar
vs Grizz 21M 9 Points 2 Asts
vs Hou 16M 5 pts 3 asts
vs Okc 8M 0 pts 1 ast
vs Atl 14M 5 pts 4 asts
vs Dal 19M 5 pts 1 ast

Derek Fisher
vs Grizz 24M 11 pts 7 asts
vs Hou 34M 0 pts 0 asts
vs Okc 35M 9 pts 2 asts
vs Atl 30M 6 pts 3 asts
vs Dal 29M 5 pts 2 asts

I'd say he is doing pretty damn well

So you're making the comparison of 2 guys who are basically 5th options on the floor to Lawson?

Not to mention the triangle offense is not a PG dominated offense.

What a horrible, horrible comparison.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2009, 10:04 PM
And again - my statement was that a backup PG is not going to be the difference in winning/losing v. the Lakers.

Lawson may make it more difficult to knock them off (emphasize may); but ultimately he's not going to change the outcome.

Lakers v. Spurs in the WCF - with or without Manny Lawson.

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 11:36 PM
And again - my statement was that a backup PG is not going to be the difference in winning/losing v. the Lakers.

Lawson may make it more difficult to knock them off (emphasize may); but ultimately he's not going to change the outcome.

Lakers v. Spurs in the WCF - with or without Manny Lawson.

Which is pure opinion with no basis in fact. Billups played an avg of 38 mins a game vs the LAL in the WCF. He production dropped off dramatically in games 5 and 6 with no production from the backup point guard. Had Anthony Carter produced anything like Ty Lawson (or maybe just produced anything. Iirc he had like 4 pts in the series) is now producing some of those close games, games 1 and 3 might have gone ther other way
Posted via Mobile Device

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
He's not. 2 productive games is an incredibly small sample size, but by all means, keep pounding your chest like your Bill Simmons.

Ok messiah of all knowledge of every sport on the planet (no pun intended) try having a civil conversation once in a while instead of acting like a jackass

I would argue he had 4 productive games
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Ok messiah of all knowledge of every sport on the planet (no pun intended) try having a civil conversation once in a while instead of acting like a jackass

I would argue he had 4 productive games
Posted via Mobile Device

You basically quote posts I made months ago after Lawson has 2, count em, 2 good games as a pro in the first 2 weeks of the NBA season, and I'm the jackass? What did you want a medal because he had 2 good games?

Did you watch him at UNC? He's not an offensive player. Just because he scored 20 points in a game does not change his game from a dribble penetrate and dish type player to one of Gilbert Arenas.

You were the one arguing he's a scorer, now we are changing the criteria to productive games?

There's a hell of a lot of difference between having a great scoring night and being a productive player.

DenverChief
11-07-2009, 11:56 PM
You basically quote posts I made months ago after Lawson has 2, count em, 2 good games as a pro in the first 2 weeks of the NBA season, and I'm the jackass? What did you want a medal because he had 2 good games?

Did you watch him at UNC? He's not an offensive player. Just because he scored 20 points in a game does not change his game from a dribble penetrate and dish type player to one of Gilbert Arenas.

You were the one arguing he's a scorer, now we are changing the criteria to productive games?

There's a hell of a lot of difference between having a great scoring night and being a productive player.

Anytime you can score double digit points coming off the bench you have had a good night. Not only did he do that (3 times almost a 4th with 8pts and 3 assts) but he has also assisted his teamates in scoring an additional 4-6 ponts when he is in the game. Once again for a backup pointguard that is golden and one of the big reasons the Nuggets eventually lost to the LAL in the WCF because they had no backup pointguard that could offensivly produce or assist his teammates in offensive production.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
11-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Anytime you can score double digit points coming off the bench you have had a good night. Not only did he do that (3 times almost a 4th with 8pts and 3 assts) but he has also assisted his teamates in scoring an additional 4-6 ponts when he is in the game. Once again for a backup pointguard that is golden and one of the big reasons the Nuggets eventually lost to the LAL in the WCF because they had no backup pointguard that could offensivly produce or assist his teammates in offensive production.
Posted via Mobile Device

What's your excuse going to be this year when the Lakers hand them their ass?

DJ's left nut
11-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Which is pure opinion with no basis in fact. Billups played an avg of 38 mins a game vs the LAL in the WCF. He production dropped off dramatically in games 5 and 6 with no production from the backup point guard. Had Anthony Carter produced anything like Ty Lawson (or maybe just produced anything. Iirc he had like 4 pts in the series) is now producing some of those close games, games 1 and 3 might have gone ther other way
Posted via Mobile Device

And yet - "Manny Lawson will advance the Nuggets further than the addition of Ron Artest and a healthy Andrew Bynum" is not opinion but rather sound factual analysis?

Please - you guys added a backup PG.

We added the league's elite perimeter defender and our most physical low-post presence and underneath scorer.

But you're right, 18 minutes from a rookie combo-guard is totally going to overcome that.

I hope the Spurs don't get the honor of dispatching you fellas in 6, I'm really hoping the Lakers get to do it in 5 instead.

DenverChief
11-08-2009, 06:46 PM
And yet - "Manny Lawson will advance the Nuggets further than the addition of Ron Artest and a healthy Andrew Bynum" is not opinion but rather sound factual analysis?

Please - you guys added a backup PG.

We added the league's elite perimeter defender and our most physical low-post presence and underneath scorer.

But you're right, 18 minutes from a rookie combo-guard is totally going to overcome that.

I hope the Spurs don't get the honor of dispatching you fellas in 6, I'm really hoping the Lakers get to do it in 5 instead.

I never made any such grandiose statement...what I am alluding to and what you are not understanding is that small addition will make the Nuggets even more competitive with the LAL than they were last year....that doesn't mean I'm predicting a Nuggets Celtics final there are waaaayyyy to many variables to predict something so early in the season ( which is why your "prediction" is so silly)

maybe we need to go over last years WCF again for you to understand

Billups
G1 18 pts 8 assts 41M
G2 27 pts 4 assts 43M
G3 18 pts 7 assts 40M
G4 24 pts 3 assts 41M
G5 12 pts 5 assts 39M
G6 10 pts 9 assts 39M

Carter
G1 0 pts 3 assts 15M
G2 0 pts 0 assts 6M
G3 0 pts 1 assts 15M
G4 2 pts 2 assts 6M
G5 7 pts 0 assts 11M
G6 0 pts 0 assts 9M

DenverChief
11-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Manny Lawson

Why do you keep referring to him as Manny the DE for the SF 49ers Lawson?

DenverChief
11-14-2009, 05:22 AM
105-79

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOMOkZYq3jY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOMOkZYq3jY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>