PDA

View Full Version : Weather Three day weekend!

luv
07-02-2009, 06:29 PM
1. I'm on call.
2. It's supposed to storm here tonight and tomorrow.
3. Well, you guys don't want to hear it.

But you know what? I don't have to worry about going to bed or getting up early! Woohoo!

:)

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Go die. Since the holiday lands on a Saturday I'm getting ****ed out of my paid day off.

luv
07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Go die. Since the holiday lands on a Saturday I'm getting ****ed out of my paid day off.

That sucks, man. If our holiday falls on a Saturday, we get Friday off. If our holiday falls on a Sunday, we get Monday off.

Buck
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
I thought I was getting screwed too. Today I came into work and the boss asked to speak to me in the office and said that if I get 100% caught up I can take my OT hours accrued as a vacation for today.

Not as good as just getting it off, but hey, whatever works.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 06:40 PM
That sucks, man. If our holiday falls on a Saturday, we get Friday off. If our holiday falls on a Sunday, we get Monday off.
Yeah, that's what 99% of the employers out there do, but for some reason trade-type employers seem to fuck over their employees whenever possible. Then after treating them like shit they all bitch about how hard it is to find good help, gee I wonder why.

luv
07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah, that's what 99% of the employers out there do, but for some reason trade-type employers seem to fuck over their employees whenever possible. Then after treating them like shit they all bitch about how hard it is to find good help, gee I wonder why.

Let it out, man. We're here for you.

Count Zarth
07-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm going to see Terra Cotta Warriors. I've had my fill of sex this week.

kstater
07-02-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm going to see Terra Cotta Warriors. I've had my fill of sex this week.

Yeah, any man that's had sex wouldn't ever say that. So...busted.

luv
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I've had my fill of sex this week.
How is that possible?

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:05 PM
One day weekend here... but I volunteered, so I can't really complain. I'll be off by 3:30 pm at the latest anyway.

Bacon Cheeseburger
Let it out, man. We're here for you.
Oh, I'm not really all that mad about it, I'll actually be done with the project I'm working on by noon and I'm bailing after that. It just boggles my mind sometimes, I'm their most productive employee, and this type of shit is what is going to drive me to keep looking for other opportunities instead of making long term plans to stay with them.

Count Zarth
How is that possible?

I have a very low sex drive now, apparently. I've really had to concentrate to get a boner since "the event." It's only happened once. I think something is fucked up upstairs. I'm a little depressed and scared about it.

sedated
07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Then after treating them like shit they all bitch about how hard it is to find good help, gee I wonder why.

my boss bitches about the same thing. "I can't find anyone who can do a decent job for $7 an hour!"

sedated
07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm their most productive employee, and this type of shit is what is going to drive me to keep looking for other opportunities instead of making long term plans to stay with them.

The only reward for quality work, is more fukn work.

sedated
07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I have a very low sex drive now, apparently. I've really had to concentrate to get a boner since "the event." It's only happened once. I think something is ****ed up upstairs. I'm a little depressed and scared about it.

try looking a pics of naked guys. If you get excited, there's your answer.

or you could try actually EARNING sex, rather than getting free shit off the interent.

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
The only reward for quality work, is more fukn work.Until you find a better offer, then they're all about matching it.

Hell, that's the only way I ever got a raise up until the job I have now.

luv
07-02-2009, 07:12 PM
The only reward for quality work, is more fukn work.

In this economy, I wouldn't complain too much. But, yeah, that's how it goes. You either get canned for not being productive, or you get overworked for being too productive.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
my boss bitches about the same thing. "I can't find anyone who can do a decent job for $7 an hour!"
Hehe, that sounds exactly like a guy I worked for ten years ago...didn't want to train anyone, but yet didn't want to pay for anyone experienced. I'll give my current employer credit on that front, they pay me well for what I do.

luv
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
One day weekend here... but I volunteered, so I can't really complain. I'll be off by 3:30 pm at the latest anyway.

But just think of the paycheck. Would you have to have worked tomorrow either way?

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:16 PM
But just think of the paycheck. Would you have to have worked tomorrow either way?Yeah.

luv
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah.

That bites. Would you have gotten 40 hours plus holiday pay?

Bwana
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I have a very low sex drive now, apparently. I've really had to concentrate to get a boner since "the event." It's only happened once. I think something is ****ed up upstairs. I'm a little depressed and scared about it.

Hootie will be along shortly to offer you a "budget hand job."

Halfcan
07-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I have to work two more days-I am off Sunday but have to work on getting a lease together for a new place to open a restaurant-plus meet a guy about some food equipment that came out of a Quiznos.

Man those places are closing up fast???

RJ
07-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Two day weekend!!!

Yeah, I know, doesn't sound so great. But I usually work Saturdays so it's nice for me.

Skip Towne
07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh, I'm not really all that mad about it, I'll actually be done with the project I'm working on by noon and I'm bailing after that. It just boggles my mind sometimes, I'm their most productive employee, and this type of shit is what is going to drive me to keep looking for other opportunities instead of making long term plans to stay with them.

Go put your app in at DTN. You never know.

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:29 PM
That bites. Would you have gotten 40 hours plus holiday pay?Yes. For volunteering to work, I get my 40... 8 hours holiday pay... and time and a half for the time that I'm actually on the clock Saturday.

Skip Towne
07-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I have to work two more days-I am off Sunday but have to work on getting a lease together for a new place to open a restaurant-plus meet a guy about some food equipment that came out of a Quiznos.

You're opening another restaurant? Will it be like the first one?

RJ
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM

I've noticed three Quiznos near me have shut down this year.

Sounds like you're doing well at the soup kitchen. That's great.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a very low sex drive now, apparently. I've really had to concentrate to get a boner since "the event." It's only happened once. I think something is fucked up upstairs. I'm a little depressed and scared about it.

Listen. Worst case scenario is you're a homo. I'm sure trolling for dick online will prove to be much easier than hunting for pussy.

Count Zarth
07-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Listen. Worst case scenario is you're a homo. I'm sure trolling for dick online will prove to be much easier than hunting for pussy.

No. Worst case scenario is the only person who can get me off is ME.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM

That's ridiculous and not at all accurate. If that's what you're worried about, stop now. It's not the case. Don't overreact to one bad experience. Especially when it's your first experience.

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
That's ridiculous and not at all accurate. If that's what you're worried about, stop now. It's not the case. Don't overreact to one bad experience. Especially when it's your first experience.Good advice. Don't overreact. Things will probably be a lot different when you meet a girl you actually like.

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Sorry, Luv... not trying to assist in the hijacking of another one of your threads...lol

DeezNutz
07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Good advice. Don't overreact. Things will probably be a lot different when you meet a girl you actually like.

This is completely incorrect.

You're right, GoChiefs. You might have to beat your own shit forever to achieve orgasm. There is one way to correct the problem, however:

When you flog your dolphin, you must put a paper bag over your head to ensure proper oxygen levels, and immediately drink 2 tsp of lemon juice when you finish. The citrus juice stimulates your nerve endings. Good luck.

KcMizzou
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
This is completely incorrect.

You're right, GoChiefs. You might have to beat your own shit forever to achieve orgasm. There is one way to correct the problem, however:

When you flog your dolphin, you must put a paper bag over your head to ensure proper oxygen levels, and immediately drink 2 tsp of lemon juice when you finish. The citrus juice stimulates your nerve endings. Good luck.LMAO

Yeah... or that. :shrug:

luv
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM

You need to find a girl who would consider that a challenge.

luv
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Sorry, Luv... not trying to assist in the hijacking of another one of your threads...lol

Uh-huh. Surrrrrre.

:)

Count Zarth
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM

I'm pretty sure the next one will.

luv
07-02-2009, 08:19 PM
So, uh, anyway, my day off will be spent cleaning my apartment and baking cookies to send to a friend of mine deployed overseas.

Triple chocolate fudge cake mix cookies and oatmeal cookies with mimi chocolate chips.

sedated
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM

that sounds like a volunteer :D

Jilly
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I get to leave Sat afternoon to be gone for a week at camp...no fourth for me and no family for me. Just a bunch of 8th graders learning about God and sex.

sedated
07-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Just a bunch of 8th graders learning about God and sex.

which will they be learning from you?

luv
07-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I get to leave Sat afternoon to be gone for a week at camp...no fourth for me and no family for me. Just a bunch of 8th graders learning about God and sex.

Wow, uh, I never really thought the two subjects went hand in hand. A True Love Waits type of thing?

Bacon Cheeseburger
Well shit, I thought I was going to spend part of my half day off going to the DMV, but it just dawned on me that those bastards will probably have the day off as well.

Jilly
[QUOTEedated;587846 which will they be learning from you?[/QUOTE]

Both. Isn't that wonderful?

It's a camp that teaches 8th graders to make good decisions about their bodies and offers them grace when they don't.

luv
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Well shit, I thought I was going to spend part of my half day off going to the DMV, but it just dawned on me that those bastards will probably have the day off as well.

Just talked to dad, and he was wondering if the banks would be closed tomorrow.

Jilly
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Wow, uh, I never really thought the two subjects went hand in hand. A True Love Waits type of thing?
No, a I have hormones and I should make this decision, but in case I make the other decision, what will God do to me and how do I make sure I'm smart about what I'm doing so that I don't ruin my life

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Just talked to dad, and he was wondering if the banks would be closed tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure they'll be open since Saturday is normally a work day for them. I know there will still be mail service too.

RJ
07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
No, a I have hormones and I should make this decision, but in case I make the other decision, what will God do to me and how do I make sure I'm smart about what I'm doing so that I don't ruin my life

I went to a camp like that when I was in 7th grade. It was a really good time until they brought out some people to speak to us about how we would end up as drug addicted, homeless prostitutes sleeping in alleys if we gave in to our sexual urges. The rest of the evening featured kids hiding in the woods crying and counselors trying to track them down so they could be saved.

38 years later, I'm just now trying to reconnect with religion.

Hope your camp goes better! :D

luv
07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll be open since Saturday is normally a work day for them. I know there will still be mail service too.

Dad definitely knows about mail service.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 08:34 PM
You know who really gets screwed by holidays? The garbage men. Having a day off only means making up for it on Saturday, there's really no such thing as a holiday for them.

JOhn
07-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Whoooo 1 day down, 3 more to go, to get this carnival atmosphere over with.

On a good note I went to the Rodeo last night, even though I dislike most cowboy related things, and got to see some cowboy wanna be get his ass kicked by 1600lbs bull ROFL

Get to work the whole weekend

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Get to work the whole weekend
Well that sucks, I guess I better stop bitching. :)

JOhn
07-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Well that sucks, I guess I better stop bitching. :)

But then again, I use the term "work" very loosely to what I do :p

consigar is an easy job, and besides it's a target rich environment this weekend :evil:

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
But then again, I use the term "work" very loosely to what I do :p

Consignor is an easy job, and besides it's a target rich environment this weekend :evil:
Very well then, I will resume my bitching.

And I hope you meet your "goals" this weekend. :D

sedated
07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
It's a camp that teaches 8th graders to make good decisions about their bodies and offers them grace when they don't.

I've always been in the "don't" group.

But its nice knowing SOMEONE forgives me, even if they only exist in the mids of everyone except me.

Jilly
07-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I went to a camp like that when I was in 7th grade. It was a really good time until they brought out some people to speak to us about how we would end up as drug addicted, homeless prostitutes sleeping in alleys if we gave in to our sexual urges. The rest of the evening featured kids hiding in the woods crying and counselors trying to trk them down so they could be saved
38 years later, I'm just now trying to reconnect with religion.

Hope your camp goes better! :D

\That is definitely something I would never allow to happen at a camp I'm in charge of. For that exact reason. I'm proud of this camp - it's open , honest, but also asks for responsibility and awareness. It's the first year we've done it in this area, so wish us luck!

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I just looked at a calendar for 2010, and both Christmas and New Year's land on Saturdays, so I'm REALLY going to get fucked. I'd better find a new job by then.

luv
07-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I just looked at a calendar for 2010, and both Christmas and New Year's land on Saturdays, so I'm REALLY going to get fucked. I'd better find a new job by then.

You do know that New Year's always land on the same day of the week as Christmas, right? :p

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
You do know that New Year's always land on the same day of the week as Christmas, right? :p
Yeah, that's exactly why I checked, I knew the double whammy would be coming up sometime.

luv
07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Not even through my first night, and I'm already bored.

alanm
07-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah, any man that's had sex wouldn't ever say that. So...busted.
For the win. :thumb:

luv
07-02-2009, 11:30 PM
If he's lying about losing his virginity, you think he'd say how bad it was?

Kyle DeLexus
07-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Still getting mail tomorrow? I am expecting a few things and figured I'd have to wait until next week.

luv
07-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Still getting mail tomorrow? I am expecting a few things and figured I'd have to wait until next week.

Mail is running tomorrow, yes.

Guru
07-03-2009, 12:13 AM
3-day weekend FTW!!!!

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
3-day weekend FTW!!!!
Kill yourself. :#

luv
07-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Kill yourself. :#

Grumpy.

Guru
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Kill yourself. :#Hamas?

Guru
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Grumpy old man.FYP

Kyle DeLexus
07-03-2009, 12:26 AM
3-day weekend FTW!!!!

Yep, I'm pretty excited. Knew I'd have the day off, but just found out the other day that I'm getting paid for it.

Frazod
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I think I'll drink lots more beer, stay up til dawn, then sleep until 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon. :thumb:

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Yep, I'm pretty excited. Knew I'd have the day off, but just found out the other day that I'm getting paid for it.
Aids tree. Go walk into one.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I think I'll drink lots more beer, stay up til dawn, then sleep until 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon. :thumb:
Wall socket. Go lick one.

Frazod
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Wall socket. Go lick one.

Can you post from work? I want to be able to point and laugh. :fire:

Guru
07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.flyguys.net/images/LaughingCartoon1-Man.gif

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
I'll be home before you wake up anyway. :D

luv
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Bugsy, you have to work tomorrow. Shouldn't you be getting to bed? :p

Frazod
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I'll be home before you wake up anyway. :D

Shit, you're no fun. :sulk:

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh I probably will sometime.

Frazod
07-03-2009, 12:43 AM

So what are you doing this weekend?

Miles
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
The 4th needs to fall on a Saturday more often.

luv
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
So what are you doing this weekend?

I'm on call, so not too much of anything. Baking cookies to send to a friend who's deployed overseas. I'm thinking I should wait until Sunday, since I won't be able to ship them until Monday. Other than that, a whole lotta nuthin.

Frazod
07-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm on call, so not too much of anything. Baking cookies to send to a friend who's deployed overseas. I'm thinking I should wait until Sunday, since I won't be able to ship them until Monday. Other than that, a whole lotta nuthin.

It won't matter - they'll be bone dry by the time your friend gets them anyway.

luv
07-03-2009, 09:23 AM
So, who wants to clean my apartment for me?

papasmurf
07-03-2009, 04:42 PM
So, who wants to clean my apartment for me?

I have seen her apartment. I will take a least a 6 man team working hard to get this done.

luv
07-03-2009, 04:43 PM
I have seen her apartment. It will take a least a 6 man team working hard to get this done.

No it will not. I did it all by myself today. Although, I will still take volunteers to sweep, vacuum, and dust.

papasmurf
07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
No it will not. I did it all by myself today. Although, I will still take volunteers to sweep, vacuum, and dust.

see, she hasn't done that yet and worked all day.

luv
07-03-2009, 04:46 PM
see, she hasn't done that yet and worked all day.

I think I've had more break time than work time. :)