PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Making it right, the final hours.

Over-Head
07-03-2009, 08:42 AM
For those of you who don't know the back story.

<hr style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Part 1

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198054 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198054)

Part 2
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5282682#post5282682 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5282682#post5282682)

Part 3
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5381468#post5381468

I have been talking it all out with teh wife since I got back from my visit in Jan. Since then my whole attitude has changed 100%. It was a great visit, my mom got to meet her grandson, and I got "most " of my family back.
Both my dad, wife, and I all felt hte shit storm created by an ex-JW showing up would not do Dad any good, nor would it help out much if any.
Mom knew why I wouldn't be able to come home, and actually thanked me for it on Wednesday when I called her at the hospital. (she's not coming out this time)
She had said that she would really like to see me again, but knew she couldn't.
About 2 hours after our phone call, she slipped into a very mild drug comma, woke up 18 hours later crying for me.
I had said to my wife when I called her right after talkiing to mom, that all either one of them had to do was ask and no matter what happen to me "religious consequences wise" I would deal with it.
And go back to see her.

10am yesterday morning I was on my plaster stilts installing corner beads on a try ceiling in a house when my phone rang.

11am, my wife had me at a Walmart buying a spare change of cloths.

1:30 pm I was on a plane headding to Nova Scotia.

3:30pm my mom looked at me through tear stained eyes, and asked if it was really me. I gave her a hug, she cried her self to sleep, but smiled?????

Last night I sat beside my mom in a hospital chair all night hoping she would wake back up and speak to me one more time.
But all she did was moan in pain, and cry for her dad (dead 43 years) "help daddy" over and over in he sleep.A few times I thought I heard her mumble my name, but I'm really not sure.
I guess that's what 43mils of drugs at a time do to you, she goes on a "cat pump"??? today with a button to press when she hurts..

10am this morning

None of us forsee a good weekend.

I'm sitting her asking if any of ya got a spare second, could ya ask the big guy upstairs not to let her suffer much more?

Thanks in advance. I gotta head back to the hospital.

ChiTown
07-03-2009, 08:44 AM
My man, you've got it. I've been there, and I know you're hurting. May God be with you and your Mom.

Pat

Dave Lane
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Hope it ends quickly and quietly for your sake

big nasty kcnut
07-03-2009, 08:52 AM
May god be with you overhead at least your mom told you good bye i didn't get a chance for my mom to say good bye to me. She knew i wasn't there cause my mom family except for a few are assfuck. I love my mom. I miss her.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
07-03-2009, 08:58 AM
You got it, OH. God bless.

CarolinaChiefz
07-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Been there, too. God bless, man.

ForeverChiefs58
07-03-2009, 09:03 AM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Braincase
07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Prayers for you, your mom and the rest of your family.

Dartgod
07-03-2009, 09:08 AM
You got it.

Bwana
07-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Done deal buddy.

SCChief
07-03-2009, 09:30 AM
God bless, man.

Phobia
07-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Right on, OH. It sucks right now but it will be better when you're through.

DeezNutz
07-03-2009, 09:43 AM
My pleasure. All best.

rockymtnchief
07-03-2009, 09:46 AM
My best to you and yours.

KC Dan
07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Coming at ya!

sparkky
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not a praying sort, but I will keep you and your family in my fondest thoughts and hope for nothing but the best possible outcome.

Mosbonian
07-03-2009, 09:59 AM
OH:

I started reading this 20 minutes ago, and I can just now focus thru the tears. My heart and my prayers go out to your family...

A couple of insights...

1) Forgiving, whether the other party forgives or not, is a burden unloaded. Sometimes (like you have done) it means swallowing a pile of your pride and desire to "be right" just so that you can be there. I admire the way you have taken this on, and it shows your true character.

2) I hope that you seek out Hospice...even if your family does not want their services, I would take some time to talk to them. It was last year about this time that my Mom started her downward slide...if not for the comfort and guidance of Hospice I would have been lost.

You are a good man OH, and how you have handled this speak loads to your maturity (and I am sure the love of a good wife). May the peace of God be with you...may you have strength during this time of pain...and may her remaining hours be blessed without pain.

mmaddog

mikey23545
07-03-2009, 10:34 AM
You have all my wishes for the suffering of all concerned to be over as quickly as possible, OH...

Be strong my man...

Lzen
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Prayers for your mom and your family. It is tough, I know.

Skip Towne
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I went through this two years ago. It will be over soon.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2009, 02:29 PM
You got em. I've been there. It's been 10 and a half years since I lost my mom. I miss her every day.

Al Czervik
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
OH:

I started reading this 20 minutes ago, and I can just now focus thru the tears. My heart and my prayers go out to your family...

A couple of insights...

1) Forgiving, whether the other party forgives or not, is a burden unloaded. Sometimes (like you have done) it means swallowing a pile of your pride and desire to "be right" just so that you can be there. I admire the way you have taken this on, and it shows your true character.

2) I hope that you seek out Hospice...even if your family does not want their services, I would take some time to talk to them. It was last year about this time that my Mom started her downward slide...if not for the comfort and guidance of Hospice I would have been lost.

You are a good man OH, and how you have handled this speak loads to your maturity (and I am sure the love of a good wife). May the peace of God be with you...may you have strength during this time of pain...and may her remaining hours be blessed without pain.

mmaddog

This....100% in agreement.....
We lost my Mom in Feb. 2008 and without Hospice, we wouldnt of been able to cope....

Peace to you, your Mom, and your family....Prayers to all!!!

Halfcan
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Best wishes bud, to you and your family!!

God bless ya all!!

KcFanInGA
07-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Absolutely. Lost my mom in 07, I was there, but still feel I didn't do enough. I'll pray for you all on my end.

JOhn
07-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Done deal Buddy, an you're in my prayers also.

btw, sending you a pvt msg

Hydrae
07-03-2009, 04:54 PM
I am very glad to hear that you were able to see her and talk to her again. Losing a parent has to be rough (I am blessed, my parents are both 69 and in good health still) but the estrangement that was there would have made the loss even more painful.

Prayers for you and the entire family.

JASONSAUTO
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
prayers on the way over-head

bevischief
07-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Went through it back in May 2004. Sorry to hear. Prayers heading your way.

RJ
07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
OH, peace to your mom, yourself and your family. It's been a struggle for all of you. I wish you the best.

Randy

DanT
07-04-2009, 01:18 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Over-Head.

Over-Head
07-04-2009, 07:29 AM
UP date:

-Mom's still hanging in there, now on a morphine drip.
-Dad's walking around in a daze.
-My sister launched on me last night in the hallway leaving the hospital with me ending it saying "That's it you biotch, walk away AGAIN on me, you haven't changed in 15 years since we last spoke and you never will" to which I got a hardy "F you"
-My brother is no where to be found
-Mom's "adopted" grand daughter spent 2 days working out ways NOT to speak to me.
- It's not just the 3 JoHo's who work at the hospital who ignor me when their around, any time I answer the phone I either get hung up on, or "mumble, stammer, mumble, is your father there so we can ask how your mom is". Great religion folks! :thumb:

All in all I'm back in the hell I called home 9 years ago, nothing's changed besides the fact me and mom kinda talked at 3 this morning, and she asked me to forgive her for everything, which I gladly did, and asked her to forgive me for being a rotten son.

It's just so damn unfair, that ****en religion stole my family from me, and just when I get my parents back in my life, Mom's gone for good.

Thanks for the prayers folks.
My wife and son are 800 miles away, and even internet friends right now is better than the "me-against the world" situation I'm in the middle of with no one to talk to.

On a high note I made the arrangements with mom's "step-mother" to have her buried on top of her father after cremation. At least I managed to accomplish something right while I was here.

seclark
07-04-2009, 07:45 AM
At least I managed to accomplish something right while I was here.

you've done more than that, dude. hang in there.
sec

Manila-Chief
07-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Been keeping up with the updates. Prayed for you (comfort/strength/guidance/wisdom), your Mom to go peacefully and quickly (we lost a daughter in law last summer and I understand how much better quickly/peacefully really is), and your Dad (he just needs God's presence at this time).

It's tough in the best of situations, but yours is terrible. I'm glad you and your Mom forgave each other. It's worth all the abuse you are experiencing and will be even more meaningful on down the road.

Hang in there with your Dad. He really needs you at this time. He may not express his appreciations but I'm sure he is delighted you are there with him. The proper approach is for you to just be supportive of him and understand he may be irrational/out of it, but that just says he is human.

I hear you on the "religion" thing. Just understand you can't change any of them. People in cults/fundamentalism (of all religions) do not act/think rationally. I could give you Biblical/theological reasons why they are wrong. Let me just say that they are not following the example of Jesus. On the other hand, you follow the words of our "master" -- Jesus, when he said to turn the other cheek and love one another. You act better than they are acting and realize you are doing what will please our God as you do it. You'll get through it and will not have any regrets in the future.

big nasty kcnut
07-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Hang in there and your sister a bitch and your brother a punk ass. Hey over you from canada?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
07-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Hang in there OH. What you are dealing with your mother is hard enough with out the extra family stuff on top. Just remember why you are there - to be with your mother and to make some peace.

Your mom has forgiven you and you have forgiven her which I assume brings a little peace to you.

God Bless you and your mother. I'll be praying for the both of you.

ROYC75
07-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Prayers and thoughts, OH.

Bowser
07-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Hang in there OH. What you are dealing with your mother is hard enough with out the extra family stuff on top. Just remember why you are there - to be with your mother and to make some peace.

Your mom has forgiven you and you have forgiven her which I assume brings a little peace to you.

God Bless you and your mother. I'll be praying for the both of you.

This can't be said enough. Good luck, and stay strong.

Frazod
07-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear about this, OH. Stay strong for your mom, don't worry about your bitch of a sister.

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 10:11 PM
After reading your stories OH my thought and prayers are with you and your family. I am glad that you and your mom have forgiven each other even though it is close to the end. Better late than never. Stay strong and god bless.

stlchiefs
07-04-2009, 10:29 PM
prayer said

chasedude
07-05-2009, 05:10 AM
I've seen too much suffering myself lately in family and friends. I've become numb with it all. There with you in thought Over-Head.

stevieray
07-05-2009, 11:54 AM
you betcha, man.