cdcox
07-04-2009, 02:18 PM
It's on Wikipedia.

Valiant
07-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow that sucks if it is true..

Ebolapox
07-04-2009, 02:22 PM
damn. there's an injury that he won't play through on sundays.

sportsman1
Thats horrible. He was a great guy. Does great charity work in Nashville, and was really a good role model for Vince Young. One of my favs.. Oilers/Titans have always been the only other team I liked.

Rain Man
Wow. That's tragic. I wonder if it was a robbery attempt. The news report says he was killed downtown in a double homicide.

Priest31kc
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
WOW. More celebrity deaths, now in the sports world. RIP Steve.

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
God damn. :(

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
:(

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090629/COUNTY01/90629057/Steve+McNair+hopes+to+open+more+restaurants+

Steve McNair hopes to open more restaurants
June 29, 2009

Steve McNair never really planned on owning a restaurant after his professional football career, even though he’s known within his family as a pretty good cook.
Advertisement

But he’s got one open now — called Steve McNair’s Gridiron9 — on Jefferson Street near Tennessee State University. McNair said his place is at that location for a reason.

“I always wanted to retire and teach kids about life, and I’m still doing that with my camps,’’ McNair said. “This is something that I can still give back to the community. A lot of college students don’t have the funds to go to (upscale) restaurants, but we can still offer them good food, healthy food they can afford.’’

The restaurant has a bit of a college, come-as-you-are type feel to it, not big, but relaxed.

“We want to know (customers), their name, what they eat and drink,’’ McNair said. “If I’m in town, I’ll be here every day.’’

McNair plans to open additional Gridiron9 locations. He’ll first look to expand at other areas in and around Nashville and then, perhaps, in McNair’s home state of Mississippi.

Walter Box and Derek Campbell are the co-managers of the first restaurant located in the Price Plaza in the space formerly occupied by a Wing Zone.

Box and Campbell founded the Nuttin’ But Wings eatery, which is now in five locations including two in Memphis and one in Murfreesboro. Box said they still help manage Nuttin’ But Wings.

Gridiron9’s staple is grilled food like burgers, chicken, fish and shrimp. There is a wide range of salad offerings as well. Breakfast is served 6:30-10:30 a.m.

“We call it five-star takeout,’’ Box said. “Steve’s name is very big in this city and very well-respected.’’

McNair played 13 seasons in the National Football League. Eleven were with the Tennessee Titans organization, including the first two when the team was still the Houston Oilers. McNair’s last two years playing were with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

The restaurant seats about 27, Box said. There are murals and images of football and McNair visible in the restaurant.

Carryout and delivery are available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The restaurant is closed Sundays, but it’s likely that specials will be offered around Titans football games, Box said.

DJ's left nut
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
damn. there's an injury that he won't play through on sundays.

Seeing as how he is not a crazy petophile, I'm going to have to go with "too soon" (but damn well played).

That sucks.

BigRock
07-04-2009, 02:31 PM
The second person was apparently a woman. If the murder/suicide thing is true, he's either Phil Hartman or Chris Benoit.

JuicesFlowing
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I had no emotional opinion of him, but he seemed pretty straight-forward and decent. Why is it that thousands of unknowns can die every day, but when a celebrity dies, it makes you feel weird?

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM
The second person was apparently a woman. Please don't be a Benoit situation.Kind of exactly what I was fearing as soon as I saw "murder-suicide."

Rain Man
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
You wonder if the criminal who did it knew who he was or not. Not that a celebrity's life is more valuable than that of the rest of us, but it'd have to be a shock to do something like this and then see the news and realize you murdered the QB who came within one yard of winning the Super Bowl. Especially if you're a football fan.

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I had no emotional opinion of him, but he seemed pretty straight-forward and decent. Why is it that thousands of unknowns can die every day, but when a celebrity dies, it makes you feel weird?Because you know who they are?

You feel weird when neighbors die, too, even if you've never talked to them.

Brock
07-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Is this being reported in Memphis yet? Or is this in Nashville?

sportsman1
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
No. First place I went to was the Commercial Appeal

BigRock
07-04-2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/7/4/steve_mcnair_shot_to_death

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair and a unidentified 20 year old woman have been found dead in downtown Nashville.

They died of apparent gunshots wounds and were found behind a market owned by Metro Trustee Charlie Cardwell, near the old General Hospital on Rolling Mill Hill.

While details are sketchy at this time, NashvillePost.com sources say that the scene was either a murder/suicide or made to look like a murder/suicide.

unothadeal
07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
This won't end well

JuicesFlowing
07-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Because you know who they are?

You feel weird when neighbors die, too, even if you've never talked to them.

Pretty much. Reminds me of a scene from the movie Collateral ...

Frazod
07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Damn, that sucks. RIP

Rain Man
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Pretty much. Reminds me of a scene from the movie Collateral ...

This is a shallow statement, but there's something to me that's particularly sad about someone who has found a great deal of success and then dies of something that (presumably in this case) wasn't their fault. To beat the odds to achieve great success and then have the rug pulled out from under you once if you've made it seems particularly cruel.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Tragic.

Ultra Peanut
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/7/4/steve_mcnair_shot_to_deathI blame Vince McMahon.

Tribal Warfare
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Is this being reported in Memphis yet? Or is this in Nashville?

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643962

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I was always a Steve McNair fan. This is a sad day.

Tribal Warfare
07-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I was always a Steve McNair fan. This is a sad day.

a fucked up past two weeks

sportsman1
I just turned on ESPNews and they said he was found dead at his home. Was he there or downtown?

memyselfI
Just on CNN. I always liked him. Very sad day.

DeezNutz
07-04-2009, 02:52 PM
I was in grad. school with a dude from TN, and he was a big Titans and McNair fan. Since we were friends, I was something of a closet fan of the team and McNair individually.

unothadeal
07-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Nothing on NFLN

the Talking Can
07-04-2009, 03:01 PM
sheriff's office reporting that mcnair and a woman were found dead inside mcnair's home

Micjones
07-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Tragic. God bless his family and friends.

He threw the longest TD pass in Ravens' franchise history right here in Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium.

JuicesFlowing
07-04-2009, 03:12 PM
ESPN News is all over this right now. The only place I can find it.

BigRock
07-04-2009, 03:17 PM
FOXSports.com's main story: MANNY HOMERS FOR LA

second: McNair

memyselfI
07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
This bums me out infinitely more than the death of the guy who died last week...

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
CNN just reported that police are saying he was killed.

JuicesFlowing
07-04-2009, 03:21 PM

:bravo: Well done Fox! Just one more reason why I don't watch them.

Short Leash Hootie
07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I bet it was the wife.

Just saying.

memyselfI
07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I bet it was the wife.

Just saying.

Could be a girlfriend...

Whatever, I'm sure he didn't deserve this.

kstater
07-04-2009, 03:26 PM
IN-COM-PLETE

Short Leash Hootie
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Could be a girlfriend...

Whatever, I'm sure he didn't deserve this.

I'm saying...he was cheating on his wife with this 20 year old girl and the wife snapped and off'ed them both...and then tried to make it look like a murder-suicide.

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Really sad news. McNair was a great QB and died way too young. RIP

Mr. Flopnuts
07-04-2009, 03:35 PM
CNN is going to come back from commercial and talk about this if anyone wants to tune in.

patteeu
07-04-2009, 03:40 PM
This won't end well

It doesn't seem to have begun very well either.

Ari Chi3fs
07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
This has been an insane past 2 weeks. RIP #9

Pioli Zombie
07-04-2009, 03:56 PM
This is so sad. Prayers to the families. I always admired McNairs toughness.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCtotheSB
07-04-2009, 03:58 PM

....I had to see it to believe it. I'm sure they'll change it later.

Nevertheless, RIP McNair. He helped provide one of the most epic finishes to a Super Bowls I've ever seen.

bevischief
07-04-2009, 04:02 PM
This has been an insane past 2 weeks. RIP #9

RIP. The last 2 weeks have sucked.

Slainte
07-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Sad. guess God needed a quarterback up in heaven. Safe home...

BigRock
07-04-2009, 04:11 PM
CNN:

A law enforcement source close to the investigation said the woman is McNair's girlfriend and that the residence is her condominium in downtown Nashville.

Witnesses said he was a frequent visitor there.

Skip Towne
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
CNN:

Is he married?

tk13
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Was he separated from his wife?

tk13
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Is he married?
Yes. They were saying on ESPN he has a wife and three kids, two with his wife.

SLAG
07-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Titans owner Bud Adams released a statement regarding McNair:[15]

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today. He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

RJ
07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
That's sad. I always liked McNair, he was a tough SOB. My other team is the Ravens and I admired him both as an opponent back in the day and later as the team's QB.

Very sad.

acasas4
07-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Terrible. One of the toughest QBs to play the game IMHO. R.I.P. Steve.

KC Dan
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM
R.I.P. Steve. You were a true stud QB. BTW, you deserved the extra yard!

JuicesFlowing
07-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Despite my earlier criticism, perhaps Fox didn't feel comfortable putting it on their top headline ... I guess I get that.

memyselfI
07-04-2009, 05:08 PM
CNN reporting so far it's believed to be a double homicide. That would make the news even more tragic if it's some random killing.

Braincase
07-04-2009, 05:18 PM
RIP Mr. McNair. Gone too soon.

Demonpenz
07-04-2009, 05:21 PM
man he was a legend in college

HypnotizedMonkey
07-04-2009, 05:31 PM
RIP Air McNair

Dylan
07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Terrible news.

Air McNair -- God Bless and May You Rest in Peace!

Bane
07-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Terrible news.

-King-
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Damn terrible news. He was my dad's favorite player because of how tough he was. I guess that rubbed off on me because I grew up always admiring how resilient he was and how great he was on field. He was even greater off the field with his charities and how he helped the community. Sad day. RIP Steve.

cdcox
07-04-2009, 06:15 PM
CNN reporting so far it's believed to be a double homicide. That would make the news even more tragic if it's some random killing.

Random killing in his girlfriend's residence? I'm pretty much doubting it.

BigRock
07-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Despite my earlier criticism, perhaps Fox didn't feel comfortable putting it on their top headline ... I guess I get that.

It became their top headline as soon as the Dodger game (airing on Fox) was over. Priorities.

Tribal Warfare
07-04-2009, 06:54 PM
man he was a legend in college

one time he scored a touchdown the fans literally tore off his jersey

BigRock
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Random details floating around:

A car registered to Steve McNair and a 20-year-old woman was stopped two days ago on Broadway.

The driver and co-owner, Sahel Kazemi, was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test. The car was a 2007 black Cadillac Escalade.

Earlier today, a black Escalade was towed from the condominium complex on Second Avenue where McNair and a female who has not yet been identified by police were found dead this afternoon.

It is not clear whether this is the same vehicle involved in the DUI arrest.

Steve McNair is married to Mechelle McNair, who police have confirmed is not the victim.

NashvillePost.com sources say that at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday morning, McNair was celebrating the holidays at the Blue Moon Restaurant near the John C. Tune Airport.

According to the same NashvillePost.com sources, a white woman in her early 20s, around 5-foot-4, approached McNair at the restaurant and accused him of slipping her a “roofie” a year ago.

The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him.

SNR
07-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Random details floating around:Why are people retarded? :shake:

I'm just glad to hear his family is safe. Prayers go out to them in a tragic point in their lives.

RIP, Steve.

Chiefs=Good
07-04-2009, 08:26 PM
RIP Steve :(

Fruit Ninja
07-04-2009, 08:51 PM
RIP Steve, you were one hell of a tough SOB on the field. You played your ass off.

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 09:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

In the wake of former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair's death from multiple gunshot wounds at a downtown Nashville condominium, police have now confirmed the female victim's identity (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704/SPORTS01/90704013/UPDATED+7+30+p.m.++Steve+McNair+and+female+shot+to+death).

According to the Tennessean, the woman's name is Sahel Kazemi.

She's the 20-year-old woman who was charged two days ago with DUI and refusal to take a Breathalyzer.
CNN has reported that the woman killed was McNair's girlfriend.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials have stated that McNair was shot multiple times while Kazemi died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

A police spokesman said that the medical examiner will be performing autopsies Sunday.

JD10367
07-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Okay, lemme get this straight... he was 36 and married, yet banging some 20-year-old chick who "co-owned" a car that was registered to him? And said 20-year-old was caught DUI two days ago?

This has "ugly" written all over it... Sounds like her former boyfriend was a whacked-out gangbanger who had a jealous streak, judging by the "one to the head" for her and "multiple gunshot wounds" for McNair.

Two rules to live by:

1.) Nothing good happens outside the confines of your own home after midnight, and...
2.) No good comes from dipping your wick in a half-your-age and/or spoken-for woman.

LaChapelle
07-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Toby Keith is recording a tribute as we type.

Mecca
07-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay, lemme get this straight... he was 36 and married, yet banging some 20-year-old chick who "co-owned" a car that was registered to him? And said 20-year-old was caught DUI two days ago?

This has "ugly" written all over it... Sounds like her former boyfriend was a whacked-out gangbanger who had a jealous streak, judging by the "one to the head" for her and "multiple gunshot wounds" for McNair.

Two rules to live by:

1.) Nothing good happens outside the confines of your own home after midnight, and...
2.) No good comes from dipping your wick in a half-your-age and/or spoken-for woman.

There's actually a interview from the boyfriend posted at the site giving updates here look...

http://tennessean.com/article/20090704/SPORTS01/90704013/1027/UPDATED

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was killed in an apparent murder-suicide with a young woman he met at a local restaurant and have been dating for at least a few months.
Advertisement

McNair, the hometown hero who did extensive charity work in Nashville, died of several gunshots and was found on the sofa, police said. Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found alongside him in a Second Avenue condo he rented. She had a single gunshot wound to her head; a pistol was found near her body.

Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said they were leaning toward certain scenarios based on the evidence, but they hadn’t ruled anything out. Still, they were not actively looking for suspects Saturday night.

“The medical examiner will be conducting autopsies (Sunday),” Aaron said. “We expect to make additional conclusions after the autopsy process.”

Though much of the attention was on the Second Avenue crime scene, police also swarmed at the Cherry Creek apartment complex in Hermitage. They were questioning neighbors who said they often saw McNair visiting Kazemi. Sometimes, neighbors said, she would arrive home in a limousine in the early morning hours. She showed up with a new black car she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

She was arrested in that car, a black Cadillac Escalade registered to she and McNair, just two days before the deaths. She was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test.

Keith Norfleet, Kazemi’s boyfriend for four years before they broke up five months ago, said he came to pick up the car for Kazemi.

Norfleet said McNair was in the car with her when the stop occurred, a fact that was not in the police affadavit but was confirmed by police Saturday night. McNair later bailed Kazemi out, according to bail bondsmen.

Norfleet said she told him she was seeing McNair, who she met while working as a waitress at Dave & Busters. He was worried about her dating a married man and hopeful they’d get back together. They had been living together for four years, since they moved from her family’s home in Jacksonville, Fla., to Nashville.
(2 of 3)

“She is the sweetest girl, and she did not deserve this,” Norfleet said upon learning of her death. “He was making her believe they were going to be together, and everything would be perfect.”

Though they were broken up, Norfleet said they’d been speaking a lot recently and she planned to break it off with McNair. He said she banged on her door early Saturday morning, but he didn’t get there fast enough.

“She was a very strong, independent girl. A hard worker,” Norfleet said. “I mean, she had a huge heart. She was very caring, very loving.”

and since I'm sure people are wondering...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/102/l_b68760468f6f43b2842761d83ae5ea37.jpg

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Two rules to live by:

Right now they said there is no other suspects so it looks like he was probably going to dump her, she shot him multiple times and then killed herself

Mecca
07-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Right now they said there is no other suspects so it looks like he was probably going to dump her, she shot him multiple times and then killed herself

When they say they think it's double homicide that means they don't think that though....

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 09:56 PM
When they say they think it's double homicide that means they don't think that though....

? The article you just posted said murder-suicide

Mecca
07-04-2009, 09:59 PM

It seems to be moving back and forth where the basic line is "we haven't ruled anything out"
i

Mr. Plow
07-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Damn. Crazy ass couple of weeks. RIP Steve.

sedated
07-04-2009, 10:03 PM

the police not looking for suspects, and that quote from the ex-boyfriend, say a lot.

sedated
07-04-2009, 10:05 PM

except, SHE was planning to break it off with HIM.

macdawg
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
looks to me like she shot Steve multiple times then committed suicide.

her ex boyfriends myspace http://www.myspace.com/460719734

RIP Steve

BigRock
07-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Look at his playlist. I Want You Back. Best I Ever Had. Mad. I Dare You To Move. You Found Me.

I wanna know this wanksta's alibi for the time in question.

dirk digler
07-04-2009, 10:13 PM
It seems to be moving back and forth where the basic line is "we haven't ruled anything out"
i

It looks like they have settled on what happened they just haven't confirmed it publicly.

Yeah I read that and that doesn't make sense unless she thought Steve was going to kill her so she offed him first.

Mecca
07-04-2009, 10:18 PM

RIP Steve

He has pictures of him at a Titans game, that guy was probably like "motherfuck I can't compete with Steve McNair"

LaChapelle
07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
If McNair was suppose to be this swell guy. She could have been getting a lot of slack for missing with a good, married man. Home wrecker, ect.

Mecca
07-04-2009, 10:22 PM
If McNair was suppose to be this swell guy. She could have been getting a lot of slack for missing with a good, married man. Home wrecker, ect.

Her friends probably told her he was filling her full of shit, still with his wife, taking advantage of her being alot older etc etc.

LaChapelle
07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I take it McNair was all but a god in Nashville.

ChiefsFan4Life
07-04-2009, 10:26 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=460719734&albumID=424652&imageID=1755324

Rain Man
07-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Based on the bolded parts below, the guy walked in and sees McNair and this woman motionless in the living room and is so unphased by that that he actually went to the kitchen before coming back and noticing the blood?

It sounds to me like McNair and a buddy were keeping a "party condo" for sex and drugs, and this woman was one of their toys before it blew up.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530066,00.html

Former NFL Star Steve McNair Killed in Shooting
Saturday, July 04, 2009

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair, whose most noted drive was the final one of the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head Saturday afternoon in a downtown condominium. Police said a pistol was discovered near the body of a woman also shot dead.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron identified the woman as 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi, whom he called a "friend" of McNair's. She had a single gunshot wound to the head.

Police said the 36-year-old McNair was found on the sofa in the living room, and Kazemi was very close to him on the floor. Aaron said the gun was not "readily apparent" when police first arrived.

Autopsies were planned for Sunday.

Aaron said McNair's wife, Mechelle, is "very distraught."

"At this juncture, we do not believe she is involved," he said. "Nothing has been ruled out, but as far as actively looking for a suspect tonight, the answer would be no."

Fred McNair, Steve McNair's oldest brother, said some family members likely will travel to Nashville on Monday to consult with Steve McNair's wife.

"It's still kind of hard to believe," Fred McNair said. "He was the greatest person in the world. He gave back to the community. He loved kids and he wanted to be a role model to kids."

He said he did not know who Kazemi was.

The bodies were discovered Saturday afternoon by McNair's longtime friend Wayne Neeley, who said he rents the condo with McNair.

Aaron said Neeley told authorities he went into the condo, saw McNair on the sofa and Kazemi on the floor but walked first into the kitchen before going back into the living room, where he saw the blood.

Neeley then called a friend, who alerted authorities.

Police said a witness saw McNair arrive at the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill neighborhood between 1:30 and 2 a.m. Saturday and that Kazemi's vehicle was already there. The condominium is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium.

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying "she was not drunk, she was high."

In June, McNair opened a restaurant near the Tennessee State University campus. It was closed Saturday evening, but had become a small memorial, where flowers, candles and notes had been placed outside the door.

On the restaurant's windows were messages: "We will miss you Steve" and "We love you Steve."

A note attached to a small blue teddy bear read, "We will never forget you, Steve. Once a Titan, always a Titan."

"We don't know the details, but it is a terrible tragedy and our hearts go out to the families involved," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

McNair, a four-time Pro Bowler, led the Titans within a yard of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, which they lost 23-16 to the St. Louis Rams. He also played for the Baltimore Ravens before retiring in April 2008.

His most noted drive, the last one in that Super Bowl, came when he led the Titans 87 yards in the final minute and 48 seconds, only to come up a yard short of the tying touchdown. Kevin Dyson caught his 9-yard pass, but was tackled at the 1-yard line by the Rams' Mike Jones.

McNair accounted for all of Tennessee's yards in that drive, throwing for 48 yards and rushing for 14. The rest of the yardage came on penalties against the Rams. Before that, he brought the Titans back from a 16-0 deficit to tie the game.

"If you were going to draw a football player, the physical part, the mental part, everything about being a professional, he is your guy," former Ravens and Titans teammate Samari Rolle said. "I can't even wrap my arms around it. It is a sad, sad day. The world lost a great man today."

McNair became a nationally known college football star playing for Alcorn State, a Division I-AA school in his home state. His performance in the Southwestern Athletic Conference was so dominant, he became a Heisman Trophy contender and national media flocked to the school in Lorman, Miss., to get look at "Air McNair." He still holds the Division I-AA (now known as Football Championship Subdivision) records for career yards passing (14,496) and total offense (16,823).

McNair began his NFL career in 1995 with the Houston Oilers, who eventually became the Titans, and finished with 31,304 yards passing and 174 touchdowns. McNair played with pain for several years, and the injuries ultimately forced him to retire.

"On the field, there isn't player that was as tough as him, especially at the quarterback position," the Ravens' Derrick Mason said. "What I have seen him play through on the field, and what he dealt with during the week to get ready for a game, I have never known a better teammate."

During a five-game stretch at the end of the 2002 season, McNair was so bruised he couldn't practice. But he started all five games and won them, leading the Titans to an 11-5 finish and a berth in the AFC championship game for the second time in four seasons.

McNair played all 16 games in 2006, his first season in Baltimore, and guided the Ravens to a 13-3 record. But he injured his groin during the season opener last season and never regained the form that put him in those Pro Bowls.

"I am deeply saddened to learn of today's tragic news regarding the death of Steve McNair. He was a player who I admired a great deal," said New England Patriots senior football adviser Floyd Reese, who was GM of the Titans when McNair played for them. "He was a tremendous leader and an absolute warrior. He felt like it was his responsibility to lead by working hard every day, no matter what."

Titans coach Jeff Fisher was out of the country, taking part in the first NFL-USO coaches tour to Iraq.

Ozzie Newsome, Ravens executive vice president and general manager, said he immediately thought of McNair's four sons.

"This is so, so sad. We immediately think of his family, his boys. They are all in our thoughts and prayers," he said "What we admired most about Steve when we played against him was his competitive spirit, and we were lucky enough to have that with us for two years. He is one of the best players in the NFL over the last 20 years."

No funeral arrangements have been made.

Just Passin' By
07-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Multiple shots to him, single shot to her. If it's a murder/suicide as The Tennessean believes to be the case, she must have been pulling the trigger. Now the "his wife found out because of the DUI, so he was dumping her" type of analysis will begin.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704/SPORTS01/90704013

Valiant
07-04-2009, 10:33 PM

RIP Steve

Uhh check his profile status comment..

"never let anyone or anything come in between you and the one you love because when you do you lose everything"

Rain Man
07-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Multiple shots to him, single shot to her. If it's a murder/suicide as The Tennessean believes to be the case, she must have been pulling the trigger.

Or perhaps you underestimate how tough Steve McNair is.

Just Passin' By
07-04-2009, 10:40 PM

I thought of that, but I never considered him to be that inaccurate. If it had by Ryan Leaf, maybe....

unothadeal
07-04-2009, 10:44 PM

:)

sportsman1
07-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Steve McNair is a God in Nashville. I lived in Memphis last year, and went to 4 Titans games. He was on the news every time I was in Nashville, and I was there frequently. Stand up guy, I got several emails from the Titans trying to get me to cough up some money to go to one of his Charity events.

Fat Elvis
07-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Apparently, McNair was threatened the night before with being killed.....

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/7/4/details_shed_new_light_on_mcnairs_death

While Metro Police has reported that details are sketchy, NashvillePost.com sources say that at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday morning, McNair was celebrating the holidays at the Blue Moon Restaurant near the John C. Tune Airport.

According to the same NashvillePost.com sources, a white woman in her early 20s, around 5-foot-4, approached McNair at the restaurant and accused him of slipping her a “roofie” a year ago.

The woman then told McNair, according to sources, that her boyfriend was going to kill him.

Boris The Great
07-05-2009, 04:55 AM

If you take her ex-boyfriends story at face value, a girl telling people she plans to break it off with a married guy could just as easily mean that what she really wants is for the married guy to beg her to stay and promise to leave his wife and all that. And by acting like she had enough and is ready to end it, she hopes she can get him to commit.

Obviously she was crazy if she is the one responsible, so if she went through with something like that and it didnt work, that might have set her off. If the girl is the same one who allegedly threatened him that night, that makes it even more crazy.

Spott
07-05-2009, 07:11 AM
They have a bunch of pics on this site, including a couple of the girl and the Escalade.

http://threattv.blogspot.com/2009/07/sahel-kazemi-pics-woman-found-dead.html?zx=95e5eb13d5258931

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I feel so badly for his family. They certainly did not deserve this. Neither did he. I still adore the man as a player and human being. It pains me to put him in the ever growing list of morons who risked their lives for a little somethin somethin on the side...

in this case, he lost his life because of it. So sad.

Pioli Zombie
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
This is a Will Smith or Denzel Washington movie waiting to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea
07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
I always liked and respected McNair. He was tough. This is very tragic and sad. RIP McNair

Frankie
07-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Woah, Iranian girl involved: Sahel Kazemi. (Sahel = Beach) & (Kazemi is a fairly common Iranian last name)

Just FYI.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

milkman
07-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Woah, Iranian girl involved: Sahel Kazemi. (Sahel = Beach) & (Kazemi is a fairly common Iranian last name)

Just FYI.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

She's Iranian?

That matters, because....?

Frankie
07-05-2009, 08:29 AM
She's Iranian?

Just a piece of info FWIW. I've posted a lot of Iranian/American highs (mostly in the DC forum debates). Thought it would be fair to mention (apparent) lows too.

Phobia
07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Let this be a lesson, do not ever get involved with a terrorist.

milkman
07-05-2009, 08:46 AM

It's obvious to me now.

Clearly the terrorists wanted to make sure that tough SOB never got involved in the fight against terrorism.

djrcmay
07-05-2009, 09:15 AM
The Girl just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago. He started dating her a few months ago at 19. Kind of sad that a 36 year old man with a wife and kids, hits on a 19 year old. Didn't work out, so good for him this time.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 09:19 AM
It's obvious to me now.

Clearly the terrorists wanted to make sure that tough SOB never got involved in the fight against terrorism.

Nice. ROFL

the Talking Can
07-05-2009, 09:22 AM
a married man with a rental condo and a car listed in his and a 20 yr olds name?

this is why i don't get upset about "celebrities" passing....

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 09:23 AM
The Girl just turned 20 a couple of weeks ago. He started dating her a few months ago at 19. Kind of sad that a 36 year old man with a wife and kids, hits on a 19 year old. Didn't work out, so good for him this time.

I'm sure the details emerging will be quite UGLY. But I don't think he deserved to pay for his sins by death...

LaChapelle
07-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Put no man(or woman) on a pedestal, you'll just give yourself a hernia.

memyselfI
She's Iranian?

Thank you. I'm sure it would have emerged sooner or later and some moron would make a terrorist reference in Big Daddy's absence. Your response to it did turn an offensive remark into something else.

Ebolapox
I'm sure the details emerging will be quite UGLY. But I don't think he deserved to pay for his sins by death...

no, absolutely not. I've, however, always believed that stupidity should hurt. and make no mistake, if the details are true, that's blindingly stupid.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 09:31 AM
no, absolutely not. I've, however, always believed that stupidity should hurt. and make no mistake, if the details are true, that's blindingly stupid.

I've always said that the list containing men willing to risk their families and lives on the goodies at a different candy store is long and full of idiots. I usually meant lives in the context of their financial stability, their reputation, and their future...

but, I didn't rule out the possibility that something like this could happen and would end up costing one their life in the ultimate way. Is any one piece worth that risk???? Seriously?

Ebolapox
07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I've always said that the list containing men willing to risk their families and lives on the goodies at a different candy store is long and full of idiots. I usually meant lives in the context of their financial stability, their reputation, and their future...

but, I didn't rule out the possibility that something like this could happen and would end up costing one their life in the ultimate way. Is any one piece worth that risk???? Seriously?

of course it isn't worth the risk. however, you pays your money and takes your chances.

steve did, and it came up snake-eyes. it sucks that he died (especially for his kids, who won't be able to see 'daddy' ever again because daddy wanted a new piece of pussy), but shit like this doesn't happen when you quietly stay at home with your WIFE AND FAMILY.

:shake:

Spott
07-05-2009, 09:39 AM
a married man with a rental condo and a car listed in his and a 20 yr olds name?

this is why i don't get upset about "celebrities" passing....

Unfortunately a lot of people seemed to feel the same way about DT when he died, although the circumstances were a little different.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM
of course it isn't worth the risk. however, you pays your money and takes your chances.

steve did, and it came up snake-eyes. it sucks that he died (especially for his kids, who won't be able to see 'daddy' ever again because daddy wanted a new piece of pussy), but shit like this doesn't happen when you quietly stay at home with your WIFE AND FAMILY.

My point exactly. The list of guys who couldn't find it in themselves to do so is long and will continue to grow...

JuicesFlowing
07-05-2009, 10:55 AM

Don't know if anyone posted this, but she was a waitress at a restaurant he frequented. I guess that's where they "found" each other. Read it on ESPN.com ... pretty good article.

JASONSAUTO
07-05-2009, 11:00 AM
she wasnt drunk she was HIGH. MAIN POINT.

gblowfish
07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Will this make the list of greatest NFL hits?

cdcox
07-05-2009, 11:15 AM
So who did it?

1. Murder/suicide by Ms. Kazemi?

2. Jilted boyfriend of Ms. Kazemi?

3. Contract put out by Mrs. McNair?

4. Boyfriend of white "ruffie" girl?

5. Drug deal gone bad?

6. Some other jilted lover not yet mentioned?

7. Random act of violence?

JASONSAUTO
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
So who did it?

5. Drug deal gone bad?

JuicesFlowing
07-05-2009, 11:22 AM
So who did it?

5. Drug deal gone bad?

Considering they did find the gun near the victims, murder/suicide seems likely. Why would someone leave the gun there? Oh, they wiped the gun down, and put it in one of the victims hands as to frame them ... ?

cdcox
07-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Considering they did find the gun near the victims, murder/suicide seems likely. Why would someone leave the gun there? Oh, they wiped the gun down, and put it in one of the victims hands as to frame them ... ?

Yeah. First report I heard was murder suicide, which was later changed to double homicide. Now they are just calling it a shooting. Seems unresolved to me.

easymobee
07-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I think its easy to take the "high and mighty" road on this one, for us regular people.

How could you be so dumb to step out with a 20 yr old when you have a wife and kids?

I'd like to see how a lot of us "normal" people might handle being one of the biggest idols in our respective cities, rich, and with probably free reign from our wives to be out any time we want (he had some restaurants and public appearances are expected of people in his situation). A lot of pretty top notch women would be continuously testing our resolve. I think its easier for us to judge when we don't actually get to live that lifestyle.

It happens.

Also, i dont have any inkling of his situation, but many sports wives just accept infidelity as being part of that lifestyle. Probably more star NFL QB wives than backup OG or NBA 10th men wives at that. It seems the wives start getting more pissed about it after retirement comes, because they're not on the road anymore ( out of sight, out of mind during their playing careers ).

Ebolapox
07-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I think its easy to take the "high and mighty" road on this one, for us regular people.

How could you be so dumb to step out with a 20 yr old when you have a wife and kids?

I'd like to see how a lot of us "normal" people might handle being one of the biggest idols in our respective cities, rich, and with probably free reign from our wives to be out any time we want (he had some restaurants and public appearances are expected of people in his situation). A lot of pretty top notch women would be continuously testing our resolve. I think its easier for us to judge when we don't actually get to live that lifestyle.

It happens.

Also, i dont have any inkling of his situation, but many sports wives just accept infidelity as being part of that lifestyle. Probably more star NFL QB wives than backup OG wives at that.

oh, to a certain extent, I agree with you. however, when you're that big-man about town (whether it be a sports idol, a rock star, actor or general celebrity), you're fucking dumb to get married in the first place. if you KNOW women are going to be throwing themselves at you, leave your options open if you know you want to use your dick on more than one woman.

THAT is my issue with guys like mcnair. I don't have a problem with celebs and others that have the means to get vast amounts of pussy. I have the problem when they get married THEN tap the vast amounts of pussy.

my gramps was a massive philanderer, fwiw. supposedly, he cheated on my grandma within a week or so after their marriage with the maid of honor. the aftermath, so they say, was not pretty. he cleaned up his ways in his later life, but he left a wide swath of destruction due to his friskiness.

as a guy, yeah, I can't tell you how many times I enjoy the scenary (and I'm not a celebrity), but there HAS to be a line somewhere.

Frankie
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM

ROFL

Terroristess in this case?

easymobee
07-05-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll bet the guy he "shared" the condo rental with, also has a wife and family.

He might have some explaining to do.

Frankie
07-05-2009, 12:13 PM

Stinks doesn't it?

Frankie
07-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Thank you. I'm sure it would have emerged sooner or later and some moron would make a terrorist reference in Big Daddy's absence. Your response to it did turn an offensive remark into something else.

This.

easymobee
07-05-2009, 12:21 PM
And this is why Vince Young rolls with a pistol.

DTLB58
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM

:clap:

I guess it's just considered boring these days to keep your dick in your pants and spend time with your wife and kids :eek:

Great life lesson he has left his 4 sons, if in fact, this was a murder suicide because he was cheating on his wife.

JuicesFlowing
07-05-2009, 01:43 PM

I guess it's just considered boring these days to keep your dick in your pants and spend time with your wife and kids :eek:

Great life lesson he has left his 4 sons, if in fact, this was a murder suicide because he was cheating on his wife.

I completely agree with you. On the other hand, these guys that get married, are professional athletes, have fame, money, can get any woman they want ... maybe they shouldn't get married. I know, i know, easier said than done. Why not go through with it, then cheat the rest of their lives ... They're rich, they're on the road, away from their wife ... I bet the percentage of pro athletes that cheat on their wives is pretty high. Not a shocking result.

Bearcat
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM

It happens.

Also, i dont have any inkling of his situation, but many sports wives just accept infidelity as being part of that lifestyle. Probably more star NFL QB wives than backup OG or NBA 10th men wives at that. It seems the wives start getting more pissed about it after retirement comes, because they're not on the road anymore ( out of sight, out of mind during their playing careers ).

I know I could only dream of having the amount of fame that would warrant banging a Dave and Buster's server on the side...

BigRock
07-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah. First report I heard was murder suicide, which was later changed to double homicide. Now they are just calling it a shooting. Seems unresolved to me.

The differences in reporting tend to happen in cases like this, when details are leaking out to different news outlets. The cops haven't officially said anything about "murder suicide" or "double homicide", that's just been a contradiction in the reporting.

In all likelihood, the cops knew it was a murder/suicide right away, which is why that was the first version of events that got leaked out. They're probably just waiting for tests to come back -- the girl should have residue on her hand from firing the gun, her prints should be on the gun, they can examine the angle the bullet entered her head, etc. -- before they rule her death a suicide.

They could also wait for the toxicology since she just had a DUI arrest and talked about being high. But if everything else checks out, there may not be a need.

LaChapelle
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2009 3:30 PM
As expected, an autopsy confirmed that former NFL quarterback Steve McNair died as a result of a homicide.

The question of whether he was killed by his 20-year-old girlfriend or someone else is still unresolved.

The death of Sahel Kazemi remains unclassified, Nashville Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday. She died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

That said, there reportedly was no sign of forced entry at the apartment where McNair and Kazemi were found.

McNair was shot four times; twice in the chest and twice in the head.

On Saturday night, NashvillePost.com reported that a woman recently accused McNair of giving her a "roofie" a year ago, and that the woman's boyfriend would kill McNair in retaliation.

The information from the supposed Friday night threat reportedly was shared with police, but it's unknown whether the allegation has been corroborated.

------------------

Does this mean there was no gunshot residue on her hands?

KCUnited
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Its like my old man used to say, never put your dick in someone crazier than you.

easymobee
07-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I know I could only dream of having the amount of fame that would warrant banging a Dave and Buster's server on the side...

She has to be the Princess of Wales or the CEO of Fingerhut to be considered a good lay?

The whole idea is to keep it down low, not easy to do if you are banging the 1st alternate of the Ms. Tennessee pageant.

Besides, a lot of desirable ass works in the service industry.

BigRock
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Does this mean there was no gunshot residue on her hands?

It just means the cops haven't made an official announcement.

If they thought for a second that this girl had been murdered, the spokesman wouldn't have said they aren't looking for suspects during his press conference last night.

stevieray
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
She has to be the Princess of Wales or the CEO of Fingerhut to be considered a good lay?

The whole idea is to keep it down low, not easy to do if you are banging the 1st alternate of the Ms. Tennessee pageant.

quit making excuses, that fame and money comes with more responsibility..if you've chiosen and accepted that path, you have to set the bar higher for yourself, less it becomes pointless and hollow.

mikey23545
07-05-2009, 04:22 PM

It happens.

Oh bullshit.

We're not talking about someone who was lonely on the road and strayed a time or two (not that that is defensible behavior, either). I think most might forgive something like that.

The fucker was in a full-fledged affair with the woman, and was obviously supporting her financially, and pretty much making a mockery of his marriage.

Sorry, but I reserve my sympathy for people who deserve it. Not saying he deserved to die, but shit happens when you stir up people's most basic, powerful emotions...

bringbackmarty
07-05-2009, 04:26 PM

If they thought for a second that this girl had been murdered, the spokesman wouldn't have said they aren't looking for suspects during his press conference last night.
Not necessarily, if they act like they are doing due diligence and not interrogating a suspect when they do interviews a suspect may be more likely to inadvertently screw up.

cdcox
07-05-2009, 04:29 PM

I just heard a statement on the news from a Nashville police spokesman. In part he said (close but not perfect quote);

"As far as additional suspects go, we still have a lot of people to talk to, people that knew Ms. Kazemi and people that knew Mr. McNair."

The Bad Guy
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh bullshit.

We're not talking about someone who was lonely on the road and strayed a time or two (not that that is defensible behavior, either). I think most might forgive something like that.

The ****er was in a full-fledged affair with the woman, and was obviously supporting her financially, and pretty much making a mockery of his marriage.

Sorry, but I reserve my sympathy for people who deserve it. Not saying he deserved to die, but shit happens when you stir up people's most basic, powerful emotions...

100% agree.

I don't think anyone deserves to die for something like McNair did, but basically putting him on a HUGE fucking pedestal and stating how difficult life must be is a joke.

You know when life is difficult? When you can't pay bills, struggle to put clothes on your kids, and food on the table. I don't know what it's like to be rich, but I'm pretty certain that life isn't too difficult when you can live off the interest from all the money in your bank account.

McNair was a retired football player, and had a wife and kids at home. He should have been with them. He's not out just chasing tail, he was basically supporting a whole other life outide of his marriage and that is 100% wrong.

I hope his family recovers from this.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 04:43 PM
TMZ.com has a bunch of pictures of them together on a boat and parasailing. Sigh, I guess it was too much to wait a full day for the kids to digest what has happened before they start publishing shit. :doh!:

The Bad Guy
07-05-2009, 04:44 PM
TMZ.com has a bunch of pictures of them together on a boat and parasailing. Sigh, I guess it was too much to wait a full day for the kids to digest what has happened before they start publishing shit. :doh!:

This is a huge story that has a lot of unanswered questions. I'm sure his kids are hitting refresh on TMZ.com every hour to see the latest too.

Frazod
07-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Its like my old man used to say, never put your dick in someone crazier than you.

Well, here's a concept guaranteed to kill off the human race. :spock:

memyselfI

It gets boring for the wife too whether many admit it or not. But you make choices in life and when you are an adult you make sacrifices for those you love because you fear losing them more than you value the thrill of something new or different.

memyselfI
This is a huge story that has a lot of unanswered questions. I'm sure his kids are hitting refresh on TMZ.com every hour to see the latest too.

They might not be but you can bet their friends are...

The Bad Guy
07-05-2009, 04:48 PM
They might not be but you can bet their friends are...

Big deal. It's a huge news story that should be covered. If we are going to see how much of a saint McNair is from ESPN/Yahoo, then they should post pictures of his affair on TMZ.

Bearcat
07-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Of course not, but "how a lot of us "normal" people might handle being one of the biggest idols" ... "A lot of pretty top notch women would be continuously testing our resolve." ... "It happens" doesn't really conjure up thoughts of picking up a waitress at Dave and Busters.

Dealing with fame would be dealing with the peer pressure to go to strip clubs and night clubs and so forth, being treated like a king in VIP rooms while constantly being surrounded by the beautiful people.

That said, I think a lot of happily married athletes/celebrities would be insulted at the idea that fame and/or money and/or tons of attention are excuses to cheat on your spouse, and in his case, potentially ruin a family with kids.

If it's true they met at Dave and Busters, I don't see Steve McNair thinking "OMG, I can't take the pressure any longer".... it makes me think he gave into the pressure a long time ago, and is just now getting caught. That happens.

Mecca
07-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Cheating makes him no different than what over half of the married people in our country something like that?

Personally I don't care like I always say, he wasn't my friend or my pal, I didn't know him or his wife or anyone he knows. All I know him as is as a football player.

There's obviously a middle ground here, he isn't this truly great guy nor is he a giant pile of shit that deserved to die.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe he did really, really well at one of the video games and she was the 100,000 ticket prize.

Mecca
07-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Ha, everyone has been out and seen a waitress they wanted to bang, don't deny it.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 04:57 PM
100% agree.

I don't think anyone deserves to die for something like McNair did, but basically putting him on a HUGE ****ing pedestal and stating how difficult life must be is a joke.

You know when life is difficult? When you can't pay bills, struggle to put clothes on your kids, and food on the table. I don't know what it's like to be rich, but I'm pretty certain that life isn't too difficult when you can live off the interest from all the money in your bank account.

McNair was a retired football player, and had a wife and kids at home. He should have been with them. He's not out just chasing tail, he was basically supporting a whole other life outide of his marriage and that is 100% wrong.

I hope his family recovers from this.

It sounds like I'm going to cut him some slack here and I really don't mean to sound like that because I don't believe what he did was right and I think his death because of it is wrong.

I think it would be very difficult for a newly retired pro athlete to settle into a home life ESPECIALLY if they were a 'player' on the road. Not having someone waiting for them in every city (if they so choose) is just one of the perks they give up when the 'retire.' I understand this and I get where this could cause problems in a marriage. Women married to these guys have to with the understanding that their husbands will stay committed to them are slim. So no wife of a pro athlete would be shocked to hear their husband is cheating.

What bothers me about this is her age. Clearly, someone 16 years his junior is not emotionally equipped to handle being involved with a married man. Especially if he's making promises he did not intend to keep. Not every 20 year old would go off the deep end and do something like this but most of them would not be able to handle the complexity that adultery entails. A girl of 20, especially one who had been culturally sheltered, would not understand that she is not 'the one' but only one of many.

So while I'm not about to give a guy a pass for cheating, I could understand it if he chose someone who was closer to his age and maybe had been married or had been around the block a bit. She would be better able to spot a talker and playah. Likewise, the chances of someone being so emotionally unstable or ill-equipped would be less. I think we will find out that he's cheated many times in his past and only when he got to one too young or too culturally different did the situation get out of control.

sedated
07-05-2009, 04:59 PM
So where is this murder on the scale? One one side is a drunk driver getting in an car accident and dying, on the other is a girl getting raped and someone justifying it with, "she shouldn't have been wearing those slutty clothes."

sedated
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
What bothers me about this is her age....I could understand it if he chose someone who was closer to his age and maybe had been married or had been around the block a bit.

yes, because rich celebrities who are going to cheat, cheat with older married chicks - ya know, the same type of woman they have waiting for them at home :rolleyes:

Mecca
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Who gives a shit about her age, she was over 18 right, it doesn't matter.

luv
07-05-2009, 05:05 PM
So, it's okay for a man to cheat on his wife if he's a retired pro athlete and the mistress is near his age?

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:07 PM
yes, because rich celebrities who are going to cheat, cheat with older married chicks - ya know, the same type of woman they have waiting for them at home :rolleyes:

No, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the level of danger increases with the immaturity of the other party.

I've heard she was an 'exotic dancer' so perhaps she wasn't completely naive to the ways of the world when it involves sex. That doesn't mean she was learned about the ways of the world when it involves 'love.'

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:07 PM
So, it's okay for a man to cheat on his wife if he's a retired pro athlete and the mistress is near his age?

No, that is not what I said. If you read my first remark from the post you would know that I anticipated people would get that wrong.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Yep, I just found it on the Dave & Buster's web site.

100 tickets = Ethiopian cassava-root candy
500 tickets = Malaysian-made stuffed animal containing lead and mercury
1,000 tickets = Chinese-made MP3 player that causes brain cancer
2,000 tickets = Ipod
5,000 tickets = Majority ownership in General Motors
10,000 tickets = Free tater tots for life at Dave & Buster's
50,000 tickets = One-time grope of any Dave & Buster's server (limited to five minutes, can be under clothing but must remain above underwear, assuming server is wearing any)
100,000 tickets = One-time all-nighter with any Dave & Buster's server.
200,000 tickets = Create a new single life supporting a Dave & Buster's server who will do drugs with you, drive the vehicle of your choice, play sheet rodeo with you, clean and inventory your firearms, and boink any friends who co-own the condo you buy for her.

Groves
07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
A girl of 20, especially one who had been culturally sheltered, would not understand that she is not 'the one' but only one of many.

I'm not sure that culturally sheltered has cornered the market on causing this.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure that culturally sheltered has cornered the market on causing this.

Neither am I. Especially if it's true she was an escort or exotic dancer. But it could be a factor assuming she's not involved in those sorts of things.

BigRock
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
I just heard a statement on the news from a Nashville police spokesman. In part he said (close but not perfect quote);

"As far as additional suspects go, we still have a lot of people to talk to, people that knew Ms. Kazemi and people that knew Mr. McNair."

I saw the presser. He was asked about suspects and the first thing he said is that there was no forced entry and the apartment/condo was securely locked. Then he talked about the need to continue conducting interviews before they make a ruling on the girl's death.

He also spoke about how they don't want to be close-minded, they aren't ruling anything out, but clearly suggested that they're leaning a certain way.

He has all but held up a sign saying "The girl killed herself". Given the nature of the case, they're probably just going to get all their ducks in a row before they make an official statement to that effect.

sedated
07-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I've heard she was an 'exotic dancer' so perhaps she wasn't completely naive to the ways of the world when it involves sex. That doesn't mean she was learned about the ways of the world when it involves 'love.'

I'm glad you put "love" in quotes, because I hope you don't think that this had anything to with it.

cdcox
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Ha, everyone has been out and seen a waitress they wanted to bang, don't deny it.

Sure, but acting on it is a whole different thing.

I'm not going to play holier than thou, but I just don't think I have the tendency to cheat. I was out with a married friend a while back and he started flirting with a girl at the bar. She was definitely attractive. It was just flirting and lasted no more than a couple of minutes. I don't think he had any intention of taking it anywhere. But I was thinking the whole time, "Whoa dude, you're married!"

I won't say there is no circumstance in which I wouldn't stray, but the woman would have to be the aggressor. I just am not going to initiate a situation where I'm going to even be tempted.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
This appears to be way beyond straying, too. When she's got a car under your name, you figure there's a longer-term social contract than merely showing her appreciation for a $100 tip or some such thing.

cdcox
07-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I saw the presser. He was asked about suspects and the first thing he said is that there was no forced entry and the apartment/condo was securely locked. Then he talked about the need to continue conducting interviews before they make a ruling on the girl's death.

He also spoke about how they don't want to be close-minded, they aren't ruling anything out, but clearly suggested that they're leaning a certain way.

He has all but held up a sign saying "The girl killed herself". Given the nature of the case, they're probably just going to get all their ducks in a row before they make an official statement to that effect.

I agree that it is looking that way. I was just wondering if the statements in the presser meant that they saw something in the autopsy or crime scene that left open a reasonable possibility for an outside party.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm glad you put "love" in quotes, because I hope you don't think that this had anything to with it.

No, I don't. But I did when I was 20 and in 'love' with a married man...

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:38 PM
This appears to be way beyond straying, too. When she's got a car under your name, you figure there's a longer-term social contract than merely showing her appreciation for a $100 tip or some such thing.

There are pictures of them vacationing together as well. So someone had to provide him cover otherwise he asked for permission to go???? :spock:

Bugeater
07-05-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL, just like clockwork...someone dies and mememe slithers out of DC.

memyselfI
07-05-2009, 05:49 PM

As far as I know, no one died at Wimbledon or at the Confederations Cup. ROFLROFLROFLROFL

kstater
07-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Black man elected president. Black celebrities start dying. Coincidence?

Chiefshrink
07-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Clear case of McNair paying the dear consequences of getting involved with what I call a "Fatal Attraction" broad and not giving enough attention to the red flags of whacko erratic emotional behavior that he finally had to confront. Thus he tries to break up but she will have nothing to do with that;hello Smith and Wesson. I assure you she had this planned if she couldn't talk him into not breaking up with her."

luv
07-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Black man elected president. Black celebrities start dying. Coincidence?

Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, the AE guy, and Michael Jackson weren't black.

cdcox
07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Trying to break out of H5N1's box of turmoil.

EDIT: FAIL

cdcox
07-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I agree that it is looking that way. I was just wondering if the statements in the presser meant that they saw something in the autopsy or crime scene that left open a reasonable possibility for an outside party.

Release me!

Chiefshrink
07-05-2009, 06:04 PM
"Borderlines" are very nymphotic and this is the hook that most men fall for and yet also prevents them from seeing early on that these type of women are just emotionally whacked until way down the line or in Steve's case just too late.

gblowfish
07-05-2009, 06:17 PM
If she was a terrorist, why didn't she just blow them both up?

KcMizzou
07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, the AE guy, and Michael Jackson weren't black.Heh. I see what you did there...

ClevelandBronco
07-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Trying to give a shit.

Nope. Ain't working.

gblowfish
07-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Do the Titans have their version of the CP? Wonder what kind of stories are circulating there? Anybody check that out?

Frankie
07-05-2009, 07:35 PM
If she was a terrorist, why didn't she just blow them both up?

That's sooo last week!

wild1
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
McNair, 36, who was married and had four children, had reportedly been dating Kazemi for a few months. They met at a Dave & Buster's restaurant where Kazemi worked, her former boyfriend told the Tennessean newspaper.

Neighbors of Kazemi told the paper they often spotted McNair visiting her apartment. At times, she returned home in a black limousine, and not long ago, she showed up with a brand new Cadillac Escalade she said was a gift from her boyfriend.

"She is the sweetest girl, and she did not deserve this," Kazemi's ex-beau, Keith Norfleet, told the newspaper upon learning of her death. "He was making her believe they were going to be together, and everything would be perfect."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/04/2009-07-04_former_nfl_quarterback_steve_mcnair_found_shot_dead_in_nashville_report.html#ixzz0KRS49AN4&D

chiefzilla1501
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Clear case of McNair paying the dear consequences of getting involved with what I call a "Fatal Attraction" broad and not giving enough attention to the red flags of whacko erratic emotional behavior that he finally had to confront. Thus he tries to break up but she will have nothing to do with that;hello Smith and Wesson. I assure you she had this planned if she couldn't talk him into not breaking up with her."

Clear case? Hardly.

Ever think that the erratic emotional behavior was influenced by the shit McNair did for her?

I don't think what she did was that much different from Maurice Clarett. Clarett was showered with money and luxuries. Even though Clarett and this girl are adults, they're still too young to understand reality.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Y'know, I bet that Escalade is for sale pretty cheap for any of you looking for a new vehicle.

Just sayin'.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Trying to give a shit.

Nope. Ain't working.

Pretend it's Bernie Kosar.

VonneMarie
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Y'know, I bet that Escalade is for sale pretty cheap for any of you looking for a new vehicle.

Just sayin'.
Well it's not like anyone died in the vehicle...

RNR
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Just sayin'.

Or if you are in the market for a condo with new carpet..........

smittysbar
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM
My money is on the ex-boyfriend

VonneMarie
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Or if you are in the market for a condo with new carpet..........

Well it's not like anyone... wait a minute!

FAX
07-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow. What a terrible 4th. Spent the entire afternoon in Green Hills at an impromptu wake of sorts. For all of you bashing on McNair, I just want to say that he clearly had faults but he was an authentically good guy. He had problems in his marriage, but (according to his best friends and people more close to him than I) he took care of his wife and kids financially. I knew him from his foundation and he was always a very sincere, very likable cat.

Problem was that he had two distinct personalities; the sober one and the drunk one.

Nobody I've talked to knows for sure what happened. It was either the chick (whom everyone seemed to think was a nice girl) or her ex-boyfriend (whom no one seems to know at all). My money would be on the boyfriend were it not for the fact that they found the gun practically beneath the girl's body (or so I've been told).

The bottom line is that McNair will be missed by a lot of people and, regardless of what he was, he didn't deserve this.

PS: Ms. memyselfandi is kinda nuts, I think.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
07-05-2009, 10:05 PM
My money would be on the boyfriend were it not for the fact that they found the gun practically beneath the girl's body (or so I've been told).

FAX

That's what I read as well. That she was practically lying on the gun. I think it would be nearly impossible for him to kill her first, then try to kill McNair. He's just too big and strong. And I doubt that she could allow someone to kill him in front of her.

I'm guessing she offed him, then offed herself.

Terrible.

Rain Man
07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
That's what I read as well. That she was practically lying on the gun. I think it would be nearly impossible for him to kill her first, then try to kill McNair. He's just too big and strong. And I doubt that she could allow someone to kill him in front of her.

I'm guessing she offed him, then offed herself.

Terrible.

It seems to me that a third party could've come in and killed him and then shot her and stuffed the gun under her body. Not that that's necessarily my theory, but it seems quite possible.

Another possibility could be that someone killed McNair and then took her in at gunpoint later and shot her. Do we know if they arrived there together?

The obvious theory, though, is her, other than the fact that women don't typically commit gun crimes. That's generally more of a guy move, I think.

StcChief
07-05-2009, 10:37 PM
It seems to me that a third party could've come in and killed him and then shot her and stuffed the gun under her body. Not that that's necessarily my theory, but it seems quite possible.

Another possibility could be that someone killed McNair and then took her in at gunpoint later and shot her. Do we know if they arrived there together?

The obvious theory, though, is her, other than the fact that women don't typically commit gun crimes. That's generally more of a guy move, I think.something rotten here.....I'm thinkin BF. money missing?

patteeu
07-06-2009, 06:22 AM

The obvious theory, though, is her, other than the fact that women don't typically commit gun crimes. That's generally more of a guy move, I think.

Does your analysis take into account that she was an Iranian woman? ;)

http://z.hubpages.com/u/889970_f496.jpg

:Poke: Frankie

Frankie
07-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Does your analysis take into account that she was an Iranian woman? ;)

http://z.hubpages.com/u/889970_f496.jpg

:Poke: Frankie

:bang: pat

Dartgod
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
So predictable.

memyselfI
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
So predictable.

As is your response to my appearance. ROFLROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-07-05-kazemi-family_N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular

The sister of Sahel Kazemi, the 20-year-old woman found shot dead with former NFL QB Steve McNair on Saturday, says she was a young woman who wanted to have fun and couldn't have hurt anyone — not herself, nor anyone else.

Kazemi was actually the aunt of Sepideh Salmani, but they were raised as sisters. Salmani's mother adopted her when she was 9, after Kazemi's mother was killed in their native Iran. Salmani talked to her sister every day, and said she was very happy in her relationship with Steve McNair.

She doesn't believe her sister killed McNair, or herself.

"She was one, young girl who had so many dreams that they never came true," Salmani said. "She would never kill anyone, ever. Or anything. Not even a little bug. I want people to know that."

Nashville police have ruled McNair's death a homicide, but have refused to classify Sahemi's death. McNair suffered four gunshot wounds on Saturday, while Sahemi received just one. The gun was discovered underneath her body.

McNair was found sitting on the sofa. Kazemi was lying on the floor.

Disbelief was also building near Kazemi's home, where police were interviewing neighbors Saturday.

Regan Howard said when Kazemi first became her neighbor, she didn't know if it was Kazemi or McNair who moved in since he was there so much.

"She was such a nice girl," Howard said. "I can't believe she would do that."

When McNair got her the Escalade, Howard said, she had to help her figure out how to use the remote starter.

Salmani said she talked to her sister nearly every day, and that she'd been hearing about McNair for several months, since he started coming to Dave & Busters and chatting her up.

"He started to talk to her a little," Salmani said. "They exchanged phone numbers, and started dating from there."

Kazemi told her sister that McNair was in the process of divorcing.

"That's why she was like, 'OK, now you're divorcing. We can date,'" Salmani said. "He told her, it was going to be finished, the whole divorce was going to be done, two weeks from yesterday."

Although a check of Davidson County's court records shows there is no divorce pending — at least in Nashville — McNair's house is for sale. His wife, Mechelle McNair, hasn't spoken to the media. Police said she is distraught over his death.

Salmani said her sister believed that she and McNair would move in together once the divorce was final, and eventually marry.

"All she was trying to do was have fun," Salmani said. "Nothing else. I believe there is a third person involved."

Kazemi first came to Nashville nearly four years ago with her then-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet. They broke up about five months ago, and she started seeing McNair soon after.

She probably didn't know who McNair was, Salmani said, until her colleagues at the restaurant told her. Salmani now fears McNair was using her sister, because she was a young woman with a pretty face. She fears jealous people in his life are the reason her sister is dead, and won't live out her dreams.

Her greatest dream, Salmani said, was to be famous.

"I think she is now," she said. "She is everywhere."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry they both lost their lives but she sounds like a moron.

Cash Cow
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Her greatest dream, Salmani said, was to be famous.

"I think she is now," she said. "She is everywhere."

A famous dead homewrecker/murderess! Brilliant! :D

RNR
07-06-2009, 11:04 AM
A famous dead homewrecker/murderess! Brilliant! :D

He was the one who was married with kids, he wrecked the home. He shamed his wife his kids and himself.

LaChapelle
07-06-2009, 11:07 AM
#1)THe check's in the mail. #2)I won't raise taxes. #3)I'm leaving the bitch.

Cash Cow
07-06-2009, 11:12 AM
He was the one who was married with kids, he wrecked the home. He shamed his wife his kids and himself.

While true she played her part and deserves the shame as well. It isn't like she didn't know he was married. :shake:

sedated
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
While true she played her part and deserves the shame as well. It isn't like she didn't know he was married. :shake:

She was under the impression he was in the process of getting a divorce. The sister even said the beginning of the divorce was necessary before she would start dating McNair.

I'm not saying its smart to believe the crap about a divorce (oldest story in the book), but if she truly believed it, you can't put much blame on her.

RNR
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM

I agree but still lay the blame on him. I am sure most famous men have the opportunity to sleep with a TWENTY year old girl telling them they love them and will divorce and marry them. Pretty pathetic for a man of his age to be messing with a girl of that age to begin with IMO I feel for his family because of the embarrassment he has caused them. The guy was a dump and those he left behind must live with his behavior.

Scorp
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not saying its smart to believe the crap about a divorce (oldest story in the book), but if she truly believed it, you can't put much blame on her.

Are you really defending a woman who may have just murdered Steve Mcnair? Really? :eek:

memyselfI
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Are you really defending a woman who may have just murdered Steve Mcnair? Really? :eek:

No, I don't think he's defending her anymore than I was in my previous response. It's about her maturity level. The risk of something going terribly wrong increases with younger age and immaturity level of the young woman.

The ironic part of that is if you can find a young woman who is 20 and isn't looking for anything but fun it's also a good age for a casual affair. The girl is likely still in college and not into a career yet nor is she getting older and looking for a mate because she's started to hear her biological clock ticking. Her lack of serious job/career and/or kids makes her very available and her schedule very flexible.

Then again, it would have to be a very mature and level headed young woman who understand the rules and is willing to play the game because she wants nothing more out of it than a good time herself.

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM

I think he means blame for fucking McNair, not whacking him.

Sure-Oz
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I think he means blame for ****ing McNair, not whacking him.

she probably did both, too soon?

MahiMike
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM
I wanna hear the NRA's take on this. Guns and alcohol after midnight just don't mix. Add in crazy chick and it's really a bad idea.

sedated
07-06-2009, 11:36 AM

I was referencing the fact that someone was throwing around the "homewrecker" term for her.

Her sister said she wouldn't date McNair unless she believed he was getting a divorce and the process had already begun. Was she stupid to believe it? Yes, absolutely. But does it make her a "homewrecker"? Not really.

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
she probably did both, too soon?

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
She wasn't a "homewrecker". She was a 19 year-old kid who got caught up with a 36 year-old, multi-millionaire with a tremendous amount of clout (she later turned 20).

Neither deserved death, but McNair is certainly to blame for the outcome.

RNR
07-06-2009, 11:39 AM
She wasn't a "homewrecker". She was a 19 year-old kid who got caught up with a 36 year-old, multi-millionaire with a tremendous amount of clout (she later turned 20).

Well said

memyselfI
07-06-2009, 11:40 AM

I agree with this completely. He was playing with fire and got burned.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM

both were = in the blame dept. IMO. she knew he was married IMO no matter what her sister/aunt had to say about it. he went to the restaraunt WITH the wife and kids many times IIRC

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
both were = in the blame dept. IMO. she knew he was married IMO no matter what her sister/aunt had to say about it. he went to the restaraunt WITH the wife and kids many times IIRC

Come on, Dude. Put yourself in her shoes.

If you were 19 years old and bangin' a 36 year-old, famous, married multi-millionaire (let's say, Pam Anderson) and she's telling you she's getting a divorce, are you telling us that you wouldn't believe her?

DeezNutz
07-06-2009, 11:45 AM

If you were 19 years old and bangin' a 36 year-old, famous, married multi-millionaire (let's say, Pam Anderson) and she's telling you she's getting a divorce, are you telling us that you wouldn't believe her?

Nah, not Pam. I'd always worry about being compared to Cockzilla. Is there a better example?

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:45 AM

i understand that dane, but the woman/child should not be so naive. i live in the show me state. i dont anyone's word for shit. if he was getting divorced why did he need to sneak around?

RNR
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Yes she has culpability in this. That said it is truly pathetic for a 36 year old multi millionaire who is married with kids to be messing around with a 19 or 20 year old woman.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes she has culpability in this. That said it is truly pathetic for a 36 year old multi millionaire who is married with kids to be messing around with a 19 or 20 year old woman.

agreed, i'm just wondering why people would give her a pass. whatever happened to taking responsibility for YOUR actions?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
It's easy to say what you would do in that situation in your 30's. Let's not forget the bullshit we believed when we were teenagers, and this girl was a teenager. I don't think blame belongs to anyone who didn't pull the trigger, but it's certainly not this young girl's fault.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
It's easy to say what you would do in that situation in your 30's. Let's not forget the bullshit we believed when we were teenagers, and this girl was a teenager. I don't think blame belongs to anyone who didn't pull the trigger, but it's certainly not this young girl's fault.

if she pulled the trigger its her fault, she was fucking him. made that decision herself, and worked at a restaraunt her frequented WITH HIS WIFE and KIDS. yeah shes at fault no matter what else happened. anyone think he could have been supplying her with the drugs to keep her around?

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 11:52 AM
i understand that dane, but the woman/child should not be so naive. i live in the show me state. i dont anyone's word for shit. if he was getting divorced why did he need to sneak around?

Well, call me naive.

If I had a smokin' hot, famous, multi-millionaire girlfriend who was married but divorcing that bought me an Escalade and took me on exotic vacations, I'd believe every word.

Most 19 year-olds ARE naive. Which is exactly why this is creepy behavior (regardless of the outcome) by Steven McNair.

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 11:53 AM

Exactly.

To state otherwise is intellectually false.

DeezNutz

We? I was remarkably intelligent and mature when I was 19. I would have said, "I'm sorry you remarkably rich and attractive piece of ass. I cannot pleasure you with my man cock and thus reap the rewards of your incredible wealth."

Now pass the beer bong.

DaneMcCloud
Nah, not Pam. I'd always worry about being compared to Cockzilla. Is there a better example?

Eva Longoria?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-06-2009, 11:54 AM
if she pulled the trigger its her fault, she was fucking him. made that decision herself, and worked at a restaraunt her frequented WITH HIS WIFE and KIDS. yeah shes at fault no matter what else happened. anyone think he could have been supplying her with the drugs to keep her around?

Unless something has broken in the last hour or so they don't know who pulled the trigger yet. But I blame whoever that was, and if it was her then it's her fault. If it wasn't her, then I don't blame her at all. That's about as clear as I can be.

JASONSAUTO
Well, call me naive.

If I had a smokin' hot, famous, multi-millionaire girlfriend who was married but divorcing that bought me an Escalade and took me on exotic vacations, I'd believe every word.

Most 19 year-olds ARE naive. Which is exactly why this is creepy behavior (regardless of the outcome) by Steven McNair.

i agree TOTALLY on mcnair, and if reports are true it wasnt his 1st time. sad, but did you ever think she might just have been telling her sister/aunt a story to make her shut up about the married guy she was seeing?

Mr. Flopnuts
We? I was remarkably intelligent and mature when I was 19. I would have said, "I'm sorry you remarkably rich and attractive piece of ass. I cannot pleasure you with my man cock and thus reap the rewards of your incredible wealth."

Now pass the beer bong.

LMAO You are an observant individual Mr. Deeeeeeeeeznuuuuuuuuuuuts. You've got the average American response down cold. Bravo sir. Bravo.

wild1
07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Unless something has broken in the last hour or so they don't know who pulled the trigger yet.

Are you thinking that he shot her once, and then shot himself 4 or 5 times?

DeezNutz
Eva Longoria?

Yeah, Parker is clearly poorly equiped. Much better.

DaneMcCloud
i agree TOTALLY on mcnair, and if reports are true it wasnt his 1st time. sad, but did you ever think she might just have been telling her sister/aunt a story to make her shut up about the married guy she was seeing?

No, not when her life's goal was to be 'famous'.

Being stupid and naive isn't a crime.

DaneMcCloud
07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, Parker is clearly poorly equiped. Much better.

LMAO

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Unless something has broken in the last hour or so they don't know who pulled the trigger yet. But I blame whoever that was, and if it was her then it's her fault. If it wasn't her, then I don't blame her at all. That's about as clear as I can be.

i didnt say she did, i said IF she pulled the trigger its her fault.

no matter what she WAS fucking him, that was her fault too. sorry that post was kinda fucked up. she worked at a rest. he and family frequented, so she KNEW about the fam. she was at fault for the AFFAIR no matter what, as was he. clearer now?

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
No, not when her life's goal was to be 'famous'.

Being stupid and naive isn't a crime.

maybe dating him and being the other woman was the track, to her, on being famous.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
i didnt say she did, i said IF she pulled the trigger its her fault.

no matter what she WAS fucking him, that was her fault too. sorry that post was kinda fucked up. she worked at a rest. he and family frequented, so she KNEW about the fam. she was at fault for the AFFAIR no matter what, as was he. clearer now?

I wasn't judging you dude. I was making sure my position was clear.

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 11:59 AM
i'm not saying i wouldnt have done the same thing(affair) if in the position with a rich woman when i was 20. i just would have know that i was partially to blame for the fall out whatever that might have been

JASONSAUTO
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
:DI wasn't judging you dude. I was making sure my position was clear.

i got that floppy, jus trying to make my feelings as clear as i could also.:D

Ebolapox
07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Trying to break out of H5N1's box of turmoil.

EDIT: FAIL

:spock:

Buck
07-06-2009, 12:17 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9775030/Relative:-Police-suspect-GF-was-McNair-shooter

Relative: Police suspect GF was McNair shooter

Updated: July 6, 2009, 2:04 PM EDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - As police continued to investigate the Steve McNair homicide case, a relative of the woman found shot to death next to McNair claims police have told him they are almost sure 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi was the shooter.

According to Farzin Abdi, the nephew of Kazemi, Nashville police also told him that Kazemi recently purchased a gun.

Nashville police didn't immediately have a reaction to Abdi's comments.

Shot twice in the head and two more times in the chest, McNair was the victim of a homicide, police declared Sunday. But authorities wouldn't say it was a murder-suicide — even with Kazemi dead at his feet from a single bullet.

McNair had been dating Saleh Kazemi for several months, and Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said Sunday that a semiautomatic pistol was found under her body. She was shot in the head.

McNair, who was married with four sons, had a permit to carry a handgun in Tennessee, and he was arrested once before with a 9mm weapon although charges in the case were dropped. Police said they had not yet determined who owned the gun found at the scene.

Investigators weren't looking for a suspect but were questioning friends of the couple as well as Kazemi's ex-boyfriend. They were also waiting for results of drug and other laboratory tests before deciding whether McNair was killed in a lovers' quarrel.

"That's a very important part of the investigation as we work to ultimately classify Miss Kazemi's death," Aaron said.

A public memorial and viewings are scheduled later this week for McNair.

The public will have a couple of opportunities to attend viewings in Nashville on Thursday and a memorial will be held later that evening at Mount Zion Baptist Church.

A funeral will be held Saturday in Mississippi but arrangements are not yet final.

Fans are asked to make donations to the Steve McNair Foundation.

The details surfacing after McNair's death stand in stark contrast to the public persona he enjoyed during his career.

memyselfI
07-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Yes, she knew he was married but I bet she also knew that he was 'miserable' and that his wife 'thought he was a piece of furniture or a paycheck' and that she didn't 'listen to me anymore' and well, sex? 'We never have sex anymore' and 'I wish I was free...'

Yes, she knew he was married alright. I bet she knew the husband's take on the relationship quite well.