PDA

View Full Version : Music Boston

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:24 PM
So, my brother graciously brought over some CDs for me to upload to Itunes (VH1, VHII, Women& Children First, Diver Down, 1984, F*CK, Crue, GNR, Tesla etc).

....99% of the music I heard before and liked the music etc....

but the Boston CD was aweseome start to finish. All songs I liked.

I realized this was a good band, but didnt' realize these were all on one 'album".

Good stuff. thanks Big Bro!:clap:

Pioli Zombie
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM
No Foreigner or Rush?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
No Foreigner or Rush?
Posted via Mobile Device

oh abolutely; Foreigner, REO, Stixx, Rush (moviing Pictures).

all things I used to hear non-stop from his room growing up.

same with Billy Squire, ACDC; my other brother was exclusive Led Zeppelin.

...and both usd to get pissed at my 'finger prints' on their albums lol

God Bless Big Brothers.

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
this might explain why i listed to Immigrant Song, Misty Mountain Hop, YYZ, Dirty Movies etc while other kids my age (9) were listening to Milli Vanilli and Bobby Brown.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Must be the first album? Yeah, pretty much every one of them was a hit, they weren't ever able to duplicate the success they had with that one. Oh, and 1984 sucks, send that one right back to him, that was by far the worst Van Halen album ever.

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Must be the first album? Yeah, pretty much every one of them was a hit, they weren't ever able to duplicate the success they had with that one. Oh, and 1984 sucks, send that one right back to him, that was by far the worst Van Halen album ever.

:D :hmmm:
Fair enough. but from a guitar lick standpoint (realize I grew up with the hair metal genre), I really like it. Agree, it's not as in your face as V1/II, Fair Warning (even though FW wasn't received as well) etc....but I like the "House of Pain" lick; "TopJiimmy" and overall composition of "girl gone bad" and "I'll wait" (even though I dont' care for the synthesizer)

chefsos
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Had that one on 8-track baby! To this day, when I hear "Hitch a Ride", I halfway expect the song to fade out during the guitar solo.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
:D :hmmm:
Fair enough. but from a guitar lick standpoint (realize I grew up with the hair metal genre), I really like it. Agree, it's not as in your face as V1/II, Fair Warning (even though FW wasn't received as well) etc....but I like the "House of Pain" lick; "TopJiimmy" and overall composition of "girl gone bad" and "I'll wait" (even though I dont' care for the synthesizer)
I'll give you "I'll wait", that wasn't bad, but the godawful pieces of crap that are "Jump" and "Hot for Teacher" got way more airplay here than they ever deserved, those songs never should've been recorded to begin with.

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Had that one on 8-track baby! To this day, when I hear "Hitch a Ride", I halfway expect the song to fade out during the guitar solo.

that's awesome. thanks for sharing! :thumb: Fast forward a little, and Pearl Jam's "Ten" had a slow spot on the 'tape ' (.....I was cool because I had an 'auto-reverse' for you young bucks) between "Oceans" and "Porch" where to this day, when I hear it on the radio I'm surpirsed it doesn't jump to the nesxt song!

I'm inspired to learn a few new songs on the guitar. I've been in a funk for a few years etc.

:D

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:49 PM
I'll give you "I'll wait", that wasn't bad, but the godawful pieces of crap that are "Jump" and "Hot for Teacher" got way more airplay here than they ever deserved, those songs never should've been recorded to begin with.

I liked the main lick from "house

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:50 PM

I liked the main lick from "house of pain" and "drop dead legs".

I wonder if VH shot their load w V1/II/Women and Children First/Diver Down/'84 etc.

Frazod
07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I love Boston. Those first three albums are fantastic - all listenable from end to end.

RJ
07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
This is sacrilege among guys my age, but I never much cared for Boston. Everything they did sounded the same to my ears. Thirty years later, they haven't grown on me.

Frazod
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM
This is sacrilege among guys my age, but I never much cared for Boston. Everything they did sounded the same to my ears. Thirty years later, they haven't grown on me.

All musical taste is subjective. I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin.

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM

Ok; very respectable argument.. Nice job.

way better than "They suck!"

:D

Dayze
07-06-2009, 09:56 PM

You know, I've known a few dudes of mine, who's musical tastes are pretty diverse, who have said the saime thing (about LZ).

That's cool. My wife isn't keen on them

But, thankfully, she is keen on SRV!!!

RJ
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM

I was never huge on Zeppelin either. They did a few songs that I like very much, but the overall % is pretty small. I don't own a Zeppelin CD and probably never will.

Mars72
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Boston's first album is timeless. Saw them in concert about 10 years ago. Met Brad Delp back stage. More than a feeling is my favorite. My kids now listen to Boston all the time.

KC Dan
07-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I was never huge on Zeppelin either. They did a few songs that I like very much, but the overall % is pretty small. I don't own a Zeppelin CD and probably never will.So,,,, you are a big Backstreet Boys fan?

j/k ROFL

KC Dan
07-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Boston's first album is timeless. Saw them in concert about 10 years ago. Met Brad Delp back stage. More than a feeling is my favorite. My kids now listen to Boston all the time.I met Brad in Boston doing his Beatle shows and he was a great guy! Sat down with a few of us and shot the breeze for about 15 min. Down to earth and a helluva a loss to the music world.

Dayze
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I was never huge on Zeppelin either. They did a few songs that I like very much, but the overall % is pretty small. I don't own a Zeppelin CD and probably never will.

yeah. While I pretty much enjoy most of their collection, I have a few friends who don't etc. I can see why etc; they go fro 'rock' to 'blues' to acoustic" etc very quickly. Plus,I think Plant had a lot to do with it. Much like James Hetfield of Metallica you either loved/liked the sound, or you despised/puked in your soup based on the sound etc.

I think some of Paiges solo's were sloppy (if I may be so bold; "Heartbreaker" as an example).

But I liked their bluesy When the Levee Breaks, Rock n Roll etc..and acoustic-esque gems like Lemon song, Rain Song, Going to California, Rain Song Bron Yr Aur

Dayze
07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I met Brad in Boston doing his Beatle shows and he was a great guy! Sat down with a few of us and shot the breeze for about 15 min. Down to earth and a helluva a loss to the music world.

Pleasse elaborate for us young folk. Did he pass on (I'm assuming)?

KC Dan
07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Finding Brad Delp's body...

As the smoke cleared, the scene within the bathroom slowly came into view. Two charcoal grills perched among the bathroom fixtures, their metal tops emitting heat waves. On the floor beside them lay the body of a man, his head resting on a pillow. A note paper-clipped to the neck of his shirt told them what they needed to know: "Mr. Brad Delp. Jai une ame salitaire. I am a lonely soul.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/brad_delp_details_emerge_about_his_tragic_suicide

KC Dan
07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Pleasse elaborate for us young folk. Did he pass on (I'm assuming)?Read the previous link...

Dayze
07-06-2009, 10:19 PM

As the smoke cleared, the scene within the bathroom slowly came into view. Two charcoal grills perched among the bathroom fixtures, their metal tops emitting heat waves. On the floor beside them lay the body of a man, his head resting on a pillow. A note paper-clipped to the neck of his shirt told them what they needed to know: "Mr. Brad Delp. Jai une ame salitaire. I am a lonely soul.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/brad_delp_details_emerge_about_his_tragic_suicide

Hol sh*t.

wow. that sucks. I 've listened to his music so many times and felt good etc. Why must all the talented ones depart?

Jeez.

Rain Man
07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Their first album can do no wrong. I can't hear it without mentally transferring myself to the parking lot of the Sirloin Stockade in Rolla, hanging out with my friends on a cool summer night after working the closing shift.

KC Dan
07-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Their first album can do no wrong. I can't hear it without mentally transferring myself to the parking lot of the Sirloin Stockade in Rolla, hanging out with my friends on a cool summer night after working the closing shift.Yep! I go back to an empty warehouse next to some railroad tracks with about 10-15 friends testing our bamboo bongs... Good times

Dayze
07-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Their first album can do no wrong. I can't hear it without mentally transferring myself to the parking lot of the Sirloin Stockade in Rolla, hanging out with my friends on a cool summer night after working the closing shift.

Good times.

Music that transports/transcends time is few and far between Mr. Rainman.

Frazod
07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I met Brad in Boston doing his Beatle shows and he was a great guy! Sat down with a few of us and shot the breeze for about 15 min. Down to earth and a helluva a loss to the music world.

Sadly, I never saw Boston in concert. I had tickets to see them (with Cheap Trick) back in '96, but Scholz broke his hand and the tour was canceled. Never got another chance to see them after that. :(

Rausch
07-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I love me some Tesla and GNR.

Also grown a greater appreciation for the weirdness that is Men At Work...

Priest31kc
07-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I love Boston as well. My dad always played their cassette tape in his car when i was like 14 or 15, and the 3 songs we liked the most were More than a Feeling, Peace of Mind, and our favorite, Foreplay/Longtime, that song is fantastic. I miss playing it on Rock Band.

seclark
07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
in for boston.
"cool the engines"
sec

patteeu
07-07-2009, 07:09 AM

:LOL: I hear you.

Dartgod
07-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Sadly, I never saw Boston in concert. I had tickets to see them (with Cheap Trick) back in '96, but Scholz broke his hand and the tour was canceled. Never got another chance to see them after that. :(
I got to see them twice. Once in KC after Don't Look Back was released. I still have some pictures from that show laying around.

The second time was unplanned. I was in Vegas in '96 for a dart tournament and got knocked out early. A buddy was with me and we looked in the entertainment mag that was in the hotel room. Boston was playing one night only at the old Aladdin....on my birthday no less. So we went to pick up some tickets at the last minute. Great show.

I also had their first album on 8-track and remember it changing tracks in the middle of Hitch A Ride.

patteeu
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
For the Kansas City folks, 4th Stage is a local Boston tribute band (http://www.myspace.com/4thstagebostontribute). Their singer has a little trouble hitting the highest notes sometimes, but the music is pretty good.

ChiefsOne
07-07-2009, 07:35 AM

I love Boston. They remind me of my best friends brother that died quite a while ago. Mid to late 70s we were little kids (10-12), he would take us for rides in his 67 Camaro with with Boston cranked. Every time you would see him he had Boston playing. Great times and it always takes me back. Long Time, the build up is awesome!

Dartgod
07-07-2009, 07:37 AM
The second time was unplanned. I was in Vegas in '96 for a dart tournament and got knocked out early. A buddy was with me and we looked in the entertainment mag that was in the hotel room. Boston was playing one night only at the old Aladdin....on my birthday no less. So we went to pick up some tickets at the last minute. Great show..
Correction. It was '95 and was the day before my birthday.

I found a listing of all Boston tour dates here.

http://atlas.kennesaw.edu/cgi-bin/dhirschl/bosttour.cgi

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone hear their project Corporate America they released in the early 2000's?

Good stuff....that Boston sound really kicks in around 1:15 of this song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DWVnrsrv4o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DWVnrsrv4o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Halfcan
07-07-2009, 05:57 PM

yep hard to understand that one :shake::shake:

one of the great voices of rock

Halfcan
07-07-2009, 06:03 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DWVnrsrv4o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DWVnrsrv4o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks, good stuff-man that guitar sound Tom gets is just awesome.

Count Zarth
07-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Boston > Michael Jackson, Elvis and The Beatles put TOGETHER!

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 07:15 PM
thanks, good stuff-man that guitar sound Tom gets is just awesome.

The entire project is :thumb:

rtmike
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I/we smoked many a bowls listening to Boston. To this day still my favorite group. Never forget cruising back in Hays, Ks. in my buddies '57 Chevy with all of us singing to a Boston tune.

I took great pride as I looked at one of my daughters projects from school and it asked for your favorite _________ this & that. In music group she wrote Bostons. :thumb:

Priest31kc
07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah Boston is underrated.

Ari Chi3fs
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Fuck Boston... they win all of the Superbowls, World Series and & NBA Championships... Meh...

Oh, the band... digg em.

RJ
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah Boston is underrated.

I don't think you'd see too many Top 50 Rock Bands type lists that wouldn't include Boston.

Dayze
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I wish I was in my teens in the 70s instead of the 90s.

bummer.

Frazod
07-07-2009, 08:20 PM

bummer.

As Dickens said, it was the best of times (great rock), it was the worst of times (disco).

And the clothes sucked.

Bacon Cheeseburger
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM

bummer.
Eh, you weren't missing much, there was no internet, there were only 3 TV channels with no remote control, most cars only had AM radios and everyone had bad haircuts and dressed horribly.

Frazod
07-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Eh, you weren't missing much, there was no internet, there were only 3 TV channels with no remote control, most cars only had AM radios and everyone had bad haircuts and dressed horribly.

But you had great cars, it was easy to buy beer, and it was a lot easier to have fun in general. Not nearly so many stupid rules and regulations as you have today. As I'm more a child of the early 80s, I loved the video arcades, too.

Guru
07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Their first album is the only one you need.

Dayze
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
both statements are true; Oh well.

I guess as a child of teh 80s/teens late 80s/90s...I guess I was able to really dig on pearl jame, Alice in Chains, and STP; those first albums (Ten, Facelift, and Core) I still listen to start to finish.

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM

bummer.

It was an incredible music explosion as rock just blew up into numerous pieces.Imagine hearing for the first time...

The Ramones
The Alan Parsons Project
The Cars
Cheap Trick
The B-52's
Queen
ZZ Top
The Police
Patti Smith
Judas Priest
Montrose
Nazareth
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rush
Grand Funk Railroad

on and on and on

it was indeed a great decade for music

RJ
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM

bummer.

It was pretty damn awesome.

We had all the "older" 60's music to listen to, which was new for us, and all those bands were still making new music. Then we had all the great bands that came along from the later 60's to later 70's......Yes, ELP. Aerosmith, Jethro Tull, Steely Dan.....that's a long list.....and in the later 70's we had the beginnings of punk/new wave. I'll never forget the first time I listened to Elvis Costello. My musical tastes were changed forever. Then there was Devo, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Ramones.

And I didn't even mention MoTown, R&B and funk. Marvin Gaye, Sly and the Family Stone, Tower of Power, Kool and the Gang, Earth, Wind and Power.

Sly Stone is the coolest guy to ever walk the Earth.

Yeah, the 60's and 70's were a great time for music.

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 08:40 PM

You sir need to check out Corporate America

Here's the 2nd video in this thread I've posted from that project

I Had A Good Time

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BJMkULGvBT8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BJMkULGvBT8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RJ
07-07-2009, 08:42 PM
It was an incredible music explosion as rock just blew up into numerous pieces.Imagine hearing for the first time...

The Ramones
The Alan Parsons Project
The Cars
Cheap Trick
The B-52's
Queen
ZZ Top
The Police
Patti Smith
Judas Priest
Montrose
Nazareth
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rush
Grand Funk Railroad

on and on and on

it was indeed a great decade for music

That's a good start. We could make that a really long list, huh?

BTW, I loved Nazareth. Golden Earring was a very similar bad - to me - of the same era. Radar Love will never go away.

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
That's a good start. We could make that a really long list, huh?

BTW, I loved Nazareth. Golden Earring was a very similar bad - to me - of the same era. Radar Love will never go away.

Hell yes that list could easily top 200,as for Nazareth remember this bluesy tune

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0oZUappMY0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g0oZUappMY0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM

I love Boston. That song sounded good. But geez, what's with the CCCP shirt? Does every good rock band have to flirt with if not totally embrace communism? Given the gist of the lyrics, I assume the CCCP shirt wasn't about the Combined Community Codec Pack. Maybe I'm wrong about them, but it's a bit depressing if I'm right. I'm not trying to make this a political thread and politics has never stopped me from listening to good music, I'm just annoyed by it.

RJ
07-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I love Boston. That song sounded good. But geez, what's with the CCCP shirt? Does every good rock band have to flirt with if not totally embrace communism? Given the gist of the lyrics, I assume the CCCP shirt wasn't about the Combined Community Codec Pack. Maybe I'm wrong about them, but it's a bit depressing if I'm right. I'm not trying to make this a political thread and politics has never stopped me from listening to good music, I'm just annoyed by it.

Dude, you are making my eyes bleed!

Who gives a flying fuck!!

Nzoner
07-07-2009, 08:58 PM

One more plug for Corporate America

You Gave Up On Love

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zevl1-PWrxo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zevl1-PWrxo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Dude, you are making my eyes bleed!

Who gives a flying ****!!

What's your problem? If you think it's trivial, that's fine. I'm not asking for your endorsement or even for you to care. It's sickening to me to see grown millionaires wearing CCCP or Che shirts, that's all. Are your eyes really so sensitive?

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Chicago > Boston

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2009, 10:41 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWxA3e9f6rY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWxA3e9f6rY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROCK OUT

Rain Man
07-07-2009, 10:54 PM

If you live in Massachusetts, maybe the Soviet Union is actually less communist.

cdcox
07-07-2009, 11:27 PM

I thing there are a bunch of different ways to wear the CCCP shirt. To name four:

Advocacy of socialism (USSR was never communistic in practice. If you want to support communism, go to Marx)

Wearing the spoils of victory over your conquered enemy as a sign of total ownership.

Kind of a campy 1950's-Soviet-industrial-suck-the-life-out-of-living thing

It's just a shirt that looks cool.

Thig Lyfe
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I thing there are a bunch of different ways to wear the CCCP shirt. To name four:

Advocacy of socialism (USSR was never communistic in practice. If you want to support communism, go to Marx)

Wearing the spoils of victory over your conquered enemy as a sign of total ownership.

I blame Obama.

patteeu
07-07-2009, 11:59 PM

Fair enough. Yeah, maybe it's completely meaningless or maybe it means something other than the way I took it. :thumb:

BTW, who knew they make a Pol Pot shirt? :shrug:

http://images-1.redbubble.net/img/clothing/backgroundcolor:fafafa/bodycolor:red/size:large/style:mens/view:preview/2873607-1-pol-pot-khmer-rouge.jpg

Red's not really my color though.

Rain Man
07-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Fair enough. Yeah, maybe it's completely meaningless or maybe it means something other than the way I took it. :thumb:

BTW, who knew they make a Pol Pot shirt? :shrug:

Fake rebels wear Che Guevara t-shirts, because they just want people to think they're cool. Real rebels wear Pol Pot t-shirts.

RJ
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
What's your problem? If you think it's trivial, that's fine. I'm not asking for your endorsement or even for you to care. It's sickening to me to see grown millionaires wearing CCCP or Che shirts, that's all. Are your eyes really so sensitive?

Not at all. My eyes aren't really bleeding, I was sort of exaggerating. I just hate seeing that kind of stuff pop up in the lounge cause before you know it a perfectly innocent thread turns into turd slinging.

No offense was intended.

patteeu
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Not at all. My eyes aren't really bleeding, I was sort of exaggerating. I just hate seeing that kind of stuff pop up in the lounge cause before you know it a perfectly innocent thread turns into turd slinging.

No offense was intended.

OK, no problem. I tried to make it clear that I wasn't trying to make the thread political, fwiw.

RJ
07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
OK, no problem. I tried to make it clear that I wasn't trying to make the thread political, fwiw.

Yes, you did. My post came off more serious than it was meant to be. I should have incorporated a smiley or something.

Nzoner
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, you did. My post came off more serious than it was meant to be. I should have incorporated a smiley or something.

OK you two enough of the I'm sorry please forgive me shit :p

RJ
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
OK you two enough of the I'm sorry please forgive me shit :p

nlm

While I try not to offend my fellow CP'ers, I am willing to make the occasional exception. :thumb:

Deberg_1990
07-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Chicago > Boston

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago Kicks Ass!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIEzDZDRvwo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIEzDZDRvwo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
08-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Chicago Kicks Ass!!

John Baglo Kicks Ass!! Here's his one man band cover of Foreplay/Long Time. He's got a couple of co-conspirators doing the vocals, but he plays all the instruments. He's also got a vid of himself playing Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick, complete with drum solo, on his myspace page.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6H57pWC5rvk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6H57pWC5rvk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
08-03-2009, 06:52 PM
John Baglo Kicks Ass!! Here's his one man band cover of Foreplay/Long Time. He's got a couple of co-conspirators doing the vocals, but he plays all the instruments. He's also got a vid of himself playing Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick, complete with drum solo, on his myspace page.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6H57pWC5rvk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6H57pWC5rvk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
That was awesome

Gadzooks
08-03-2009, 07:08 PM

You could have a four way split screen for the back-up vocals alone. But a cool vid none the less