PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I don't feel alot of sympathy for McNair?

Pages : [1] 2

Tuckdaddy
07-08-2009, 12:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4313316

This guys needs to stop acting like he's some good friend to Steve's family, we all can tell what obviously happened. As if Mr. Gaddy didn't know his buddy was doing his whole family dirty behind their backs. They probably tagged teamed this chick.

I feel for his wife and kids and relatives but not him. He was cheating on his wife for a year, told that 20 year old chick he would get a divorce and met her family even.

She probably started to suspect he wasn't going to leave his wife so she bought the gun and decided that no one could have him if it wasn't going to be her. She's young and confused about what to do, in love with rich celebrity she couldn't have. They had a fight about him leaving his wife and it ended with her blasting his ass, then herself.

Screw Steve, he may have been tough on the field but he went out like total coward and typical sports athlete.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
So you are in favor of adultery being punishable by death, then?

Mr. Flopnuts
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Hater in the house.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Chicks who allow DP should be also be punished. Or would this be redundant?

Mr. Arrowhead
07-08-2009, 12:34 PM
murder is illegal by law and committing adultery isnt

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Adultery = Cowardice?

How so?

BigMeatballDave
07-08-2009, 12:41 PM
WTF? Since when did cheating on your spouse become such a heinous crime? Jesus, rinse the fucking sand out of your vagina.

ChiTown
07-08-2009, 12:43 PM
wtf?

Dude was a cheater, but no one deserves getting done like that.

Mr. Plow
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
She's young and confused about what to do

I laughed at this part. She knew WTF was going on.

milkman
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I laughed at this part. She knew WTF was going on.

She knew what to do.

Leave him the way she found him.

Stiff.

KCUnited
07-08-2009, 12:50 PM
That's why you always knock them bitches up. Who's gonna kill baby's dad? /Travis Henry.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM
chan gailey should have warned him you can't run from the pistol

Buck
07-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't think you are making any sense?

Phobia
07-08-2009, 12:53 PM

I'm in favor of "putting words in other people's mouths" being punishable by a severe beating.

I don't think anybody is advocating murder in exchange for adultery. But I'm not going to pine for Steve McNair. He was playing with fire and he got toasted. It's a shame. I really feel awful for his wife and children and I trust they'll be cared for financially.

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm in favor of "putting words in other people's mouths" being punishable by a severe beating.

I don't think anybody is advocating murder in exchange for adultery. But I'm not going to pine for Steve McNair. He was playing with fire and he got toasted. It's a shame. I really feel awful for his wife and children and I trust they'll be cared for financially.

agreed, he never advocated killling him, just doesnt feel sorry for mcnair that it happened

Fish
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
She's young and confused about what to do, in love with rich celebrity she couldn't have. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4313316)

So you're justifying her resolution of killing him then herself because she's confused?

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
So you're justifying her resolution of killing him then herself because she's confused?

did he justify anything? he said he doesnt feel sorry for him, not that the killing was right

Micjones
07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
He didn't deserve this. I'm waiting for more information to come available.
There has to be more to the story. This just doesn't make sense.
He was spending his time with the woman and taking care of her financially.
This wasn't the typical story of the girl being completely shafted by the married man.

I'm no law enforcement official or forensic expert, but it doesn't take a degree from the academy to know that two in the dome...is hatred.

I'm wondering what would prompt the girl to go off like that and take the man's life.

Also... Some of the details give me the impression that he and his wife were separated.
Wasn't she out of town over the weekend that this took place? And IIRC, their house was up for sale wasn't it? The man took a picture with the other woman while they were on vacation. If he was just running around on his wife I doubt seriously that he "poses" for such a picture. That's not smart.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 01:04 PM

LMAO

CoMoChief
07-08-2009, 01:06 PM

No thats not the point. You get caught up in bad situations and shit like this happens. And it only magnifies when you're a celeb/athlete, etc.

Almost like Shawn Taylor. That guy has been messing around the wrong crowd for years ever since he was in college. Shit like that followed him and to the point where he was living life scared that someone was going to get him/get even, whatever.

If you purposely and knowingly put yourself in bad situtations and know the outcome is almost never good, you deserve to face the consequences.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 01:07 PM
He didn't deserve this. I'm waiting for more information to come available.
There has to be more to the story. This just doesn't make sense.
He was spending his time with the woman and taking care of her financially.
This wasn't the typical story of the girl being completely shafted by the married man.

I'm no law enforcement official or forensic expert, but it doesn't take a degree from the academy to know that two in the dome...is hatred.

I'm wondering what would prompt the girl to go off like that and take the man's life.

Also... Some of the details give me the impression that he and his wife were separated.
Wasn't she out of town over the weekend that this took place? And IIRC, their house was up for sale wasn't it? The man took a picture with the other woman while they were on vacation. If he was just running around on his wife I doubt seriously that he "poses" for such a picture. That's not smart.

Not necessarily. Ever seen someone who is afraid of spiders kill one? It's usually whapped about 50 times with accompanying screams.

One could flip out and fire off 4 rounds before blinking.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:08 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwesome

Braincase
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Common Sense 101: Don't f*** crazy people.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
No thats not the point. You get caught up in bad situations and shit like this happens. And it only magnifies when you're a celeb/athlete, etc.

Almost like Shawn Taylor. That guy has been messing around the wrong crowd for years ever since he was in college. Shit like that followed him and to the point where he was living life scared that someone was going to get him/get even, whatever.

If you purposely and knowingly put yourself in bad situtations and know the outcome is almost never good, you deserve to face the consequences.
No one expects to get killed over cheating on their spouse. This is America; cheating is what we do.

Deberg_1990
07-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I dont have any feelings at all towards this. Its not like i knew the man or his family.

I feel the same way about Steve as I did MJ:

Thanks for the memories....RIP...

Otter
07-08-2009, 01:12 PM

Wow! Got that in with first response huh?

Douche bag

Do yourself a favor and take a logic course Einstein.

L.A. Chieffan
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Im not familiar with all the details but it sounded like he and his wife were separated and his wife knew about the other girl the whole time. No reason to die.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM

I didn't get that conclusion from the OP. I also don't feel sorry for McNair. He certainly got more than he bargained for, but he did make the deal.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow! Got that in with first response huh?

Douche bag

Do yourself a favor and take a logic course Einstein.
Logic? I was asking a question. If I had found some firm logical argument in the OP then I might not have asked the question.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Adultery = Cowardice?

How so?

He is a coward for not keeping his promise to his wife and kids. He has no honor.

Pioli Zombie
07-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't know what's worse in these deaths(MJ/Tiller/McNair), the "he had it coming" crowd or in the case of MJ and McNair the he was Jesus Christ crowd. Both are obnoxious.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I didn't get that conclusion from the OP. I also don't feel sorry for McNair. He certainly got more than he bargained for, but he did make the deal.
You don't feel sorry that the man got murdered because he was cheating on his wife. That's your position?

ROYC75
No one expects to get killed over cheating on their spouse. This is America; cheating is what we do.

It's what idiots do !

Just Passin' By
He is a coward for not keeping his promise to his wife and kids. He has no honor.

I'm not sure cowardice means what you seem to think it means. There's nothing inherently cowardly about cheating on a spouse/girlfriend/casual bed partner.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Logic? I was asking a question. If I had found some firm logical argument in the OP then I might not have asked the question.

A question mark doesn't make it a question always.

A question is, "I'm unclear on your OP. Can you please clarify your thoughts?"

Your innocent question wasn't.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure cowardice means what you seem to think it means. There's nothing inherently cowardly about cheating on a spouse/girlfriend/casual bed partner.

Wow. It's the very definition of cowardice. It tells everybody that you're afraid to work it out with your current partner and you give in to every temptation.

Reaper16
A question mark doesn't make it a question always.

A question is, "I'm unclear on your OP. Can you please clarify your thoughts?"

Your innocent question wasn't.
It wasn't an innocent question; there was definitely some judgment behind it. I just wanted to know how far this apparent resentment towards adultery went.

CoMoChief

You're dealing with a scorned woman who's looking to run off with a millionaire star QB who already has a family. Shit didn't work out and she was probably given al ultimatum at some point and my guess is that she didn't take it lightly.

Did he deserve to die? No, no one deserves to be murdered (well I take that back, but not for adultry). But he put himself in a very bad position to begin with. For that I do not feel sorry for him one bit.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:22 PM

He lacked the courage to live up to his own word that he gave to his wife and children. That's a coward.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Not necessarily. Ever seen someone who is afraid of spiders kill one? It's usually whapped about 50 times with accompanying screams.

I've never known a woman who has a fear of spiders killing one herself.
I usually have to do that.
:D

One could flip out and fire off 4 rounds before blinking.

The nature of the gunshot wounds don't seem to me to be those of a freaked out shooter.
They seem very deliberate...calculated even.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow. It's the very definition of cowardice. It tells everybody that you're afraid to work it out with your current partner and you give in to every temptation.

You're fabricating your opinion of what happened while having no actual knowledge. In the process, your just making up a definition of cowardice to suit your moral position.

Garcia Bronco
You don't feel sorry that the man got murdered because he was cheating on his wife. That's your position?

I do not feel sorry for him and his poor decisions. I do feel sorry for the his children and wife.

Just Passin' By
He lacked the courage to live up to his own word that he gave to his wife and children. That's a coward.

You have no idea what he was or was not living up to, because you aren't privy to the family dynamics. You also are just framing the word coward based upon your own morality.

Frankly, it's a pretty bullshit move.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:25 PM
It wasn't an innocent question; there was definitely some judgment behind it. I just wanted to know how far this apparent resentment towards adultery went.

Not buying it still, Reaper. You didn't want to know or you would have asked a question like, how far does your resentment towards adultery go?

If you want to call it as you see it, I have no problem with that. But your tactic was unfair and explosive. If that's the way you want to discuss then more power to you but people who are legitimately seeking understanding alter their approach towards civility and humility.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I do not feel sorry for him and his poor decisions. I do feel sorry for the his children and wife.

I am with holding judgment until we find out, if we ever do, if he and his wife were separated or in the process of one.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
You're fabricating your opinion of what happened while having no actual knowledge. In the process, your just making up a definition of cowardice to suit your moral position.

Fabricating to suit my agenda? I think "fabrication" is a little strong. I think "coward" is a pretty widely utilized descriptor for spouses who take the path of least resistance. See, it's easy to trade your wife and family in on a newer, better, more fantastic version. It's easy to give in to the temptations of your pecker. That's all simple.

It takes a strong man, somebody with some moral fortitude to WORK on their problems and make a family that stands solid through the years.

MOhillbilly
07-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Fuckn please. this thread is retarded.

Garcia Bronco
You have no idea what he was or was not living up to, because you aren't privy to the family dynamics. You also are just framing the word coward based upon your own morality.

I do know that he was not living up to the vow he made to his wife and that's all I need to know. If his wife wasn't living up to her end of the bargain then he needed to get a divorce and then do what ever he wants. He's a coward. Now if you want to cheat on your wife, girlfirend, or boyfriend that's up to you, but know you have no honor because the true measure of someone is what they do when no one is looking. When no one was looking McNair was having an affair and turned his back on his family he created. That my friend is a bullshit move.

Micjones

How long had Taylor been removed from that crowd when he was killed?
Some of you create this unreal moral standard that not even you live up to.
It's ridiculous.

The need to sit on a soapbox over a man who tragically lost his life at the hands of senseless violence.

God Bless America.

Phobia
I am with holding judgment until we find out, if we ever do, if he and his wife were separated or in the process of one.

Everything I've heard depicts a straying spouse - no legal filings initiated, wife distraught, lover killed Steve. She killed him for a reason. Why? If he's leaving his wife she gets everything she wants.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Not buying it still, Reaper. You didn't want to know or you would have asked a question like, how far does your resentment towards adultery go?

If you want to call it as you see it, I have no problem with that. But your tactic was unfair and explosive. If that's the way you want to discuss then more power to you but people who are legitimately seeking understanding alter their approach towards civility and humility.
Eh, allow me to be more unfair and explosive:

I'll bet that every one of the "he got what was coming to him/i'm not sad that he's dead" crowd is a member of said crowd because of religious conviction (specifically Christian). This is definitely some white, Midwestern, religious right-wing stuff.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Fabricating to suit my agenda? I think "fabrication" is a little strong. I think "coward" is a pretty widely utilized descriptor for spouses who take the path of least resistance. See, it's easy to trade your wife and family in on a newer, better, more fantastic version. It's easy to give in to the temptations of your pecker. That's all simple.

It takes a strong man, somebody with some moral fortitude to WORK on their problems and make a family that stands solid through the years.

Sometimes it takes a strong man to walk away from a bad relationship. The reality is that we don't know the dynamics of that relationship.

Phobia
It's ridiculous.

Unreal moral standard? I assure you it's very real.

Micjones

I'll bet that every one of the "he got what was coming to him/i'm not sad that he's dead" crowd is a member of said crowd because of religious conviction (specifically Christian). This is definitely some white, Midwestern, religious right-wing stuff.

Funny thing is, that kind of judgment is anything but Christ-like.

Just Passin' By

I was with you until you went off the rails here.

OnTheWarpath58
Everything I've heard depicts a straying spouse - no legal filings initiated, wife distraught, lover killed Steve. She killed him for a reason. Why? If he's leaving his wife she gets everything she wants.

Exactly.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM

True but they did have their house up for sale and he was obviously staying somewhere else.

What we know right now points to a cheater but not all the facts are out yet.

CoMoChief
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
It's ridiculous.

The need to sit on a soapbox over a man who tragically lost his life at the hands of senseless violence.

God Bless America.

Removed or not, it will follow you.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Unreal moral standard? I assure you it's very real.

It's an unrealistic standard because it's generally one that those who cast stones cannot live up to themselves. We're all fallible human beings who've done things of which we are not proud. Unfortunately, people tend to forget that when people pay the ultimate price for their actions. Warranted or unwarranted.

And again, some of the same people who are casting stones upon McNair have cheated in one way or another somewhere in their lives.

OnTheWarpath58
True but they did have their house up for sale and he was obviously staying somewhere else.

The majority of the facts points to a cheater but we don't have all the facts out yet.

One of my best friends has his house on the market.

Guess I better tell his wife he's stepping out on her.

:rolleyes:

Phobia

You really think so? I'll submit that you have some anti-Christian judgment thing going on then. I have more grace than that.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Removed or not, it will follow you.

Can't be that he was targeted or killed for a reason other than his past.
I got it.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM

I haven't been in a pew since 93. I have also never ever cheated on a girlfriend even in high school. It's because I believe my word is my bond. It does root back to being rasied as a Christian, but really it comes from my father and mother,aka good home training. What kind of example did McNair set for his children? What kind of example is he going to set for his children?

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:38 PM
It's an unrealistic standard because it's generally one that those who cast stones cannot live up to themselves. We're all fallible human beings who've done things of which we are not proud. Unfortunately, people tend to forget that when people pay the ultimate price for their actions. Warranted or unwarranted.

And again, some of the same people who are casting stones upon McNair have cheated in one way or another somewhere in their lives.

I can't speak for anybody else. I've never cheated on my ex nor my current wife. I don't even think I'm casting stones at McNair. I'm discussing his predicament. All I know is that he's turned his back on his family. That's wrong and I feel awful for them. The rest of it is in God's hands.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:38 PM
You really think so? I'll submit that you have some anti-Christian judgment thing going on then. I have more grace than that.
I don't really think so. There is a kernel of truth in it, but as I said upfront it was unfair and explosive.

Phobia
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM

Clarifying - I'm not suggesting I have more grace than you despite my poor choice of wording.

I have more grace than to do the things you suggested in your previous post.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I haven't been in a pew since 93. I have also never ever cheated on a girlfriend even in high school. It's because I believe my word is my bond. It does root back to being rasied as a Christian, but really it comes from my father and mother,aka good home training. What kind of example did McNair set for his children? What kind of example is he going to set for his children?

I have also never engaged in a a relationship with anyone involved with someone else.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:42 PM
I have also never engaged in a a relationship with anyone involved with someone else.

That's fine, but it's not definitively a matter of bravery/cowardice just because you choose one path or the other.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I can't speak for anybody else. I've never cheated on my ex nor my current wife. I don't even think I'm casting stones at McNair. I'm discussing his predicament. All I know is that he's turned his back on his family. That's wrong and I feel awful for them. The rest of it is in God's hands.

I respect the fact that you're not one for infidelity.
Are you also saying, though, that there aren't aspects of your life where you have been dishonest?

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
That's fine, but it's not definitively a matter of bravery/cowardice just because you choose one path or the other.

I'm of the opinion that it is in McNair's case.

Had he made the mistake ONCE, then you can chalk it up as a mistake, learn from it, and try to work through it. (though still a morally bankrupt decision, IMO)

McNair was seeing this girl for how long? Months?

He's a coward.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM

When one does not keep their word they are in fact a coward. Now I am sorry if that causes you or anyone discomfort, but the fact is exactly that. Remember that courage is not the absence of fear, but it's presence and willingness to move foward. McNair was affraid to a degree to divorce his wife and wanted to play without the consequences. Well guess what...there were consequnces and it cost him his life. It's sad. Had he only kept his word to his wife he would be alive right now.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm of the opinion that it is in McNair's case.

Had he made the mistake ONCE, then you can chalk it up as a mistake, learn from it, and try to work through it. (though still a morally bankrupt decision, IMO)

McNair was seeing this girl for how long? Months?

He's a coward.

Again, you don't know the dynamics of the situation. There is nothing inherently cowardly about cheating on one's spouse, whether it's one time or one thousand.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:49 PM
When one does not keep their word they are in fact a coward. Now I am sorry if that causes you or anyone discomfort, but the fact is exactly that. Remember that courage is not the absence of fear, but it's presence and willingness to move foward. McNair was affraid to a degree to divorce his wife and wanted to play without the consequences. Well guess what...there were consequnces and it cost him his life. It's sad. Had he only kept his word to his wife he would be alive right now.

Thanks. Your lack of understanding of the English language becomes clear here. I have no issue with those who think adultery is a morally terrible thing. I simply have issue with people jumping from a valid point to one that's invalid.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Again, you don't know the dynamics of the situation. There is nothing inherently cowardly about cheating on one's spouse, whether it's one time or one thousand.

Dynamics?

You either cheat, or you don't.

It's becoming obvious that some here take marriage more seriously than others.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks. Your lack of understanding of the English language becomes clear here.

I understand it quite well, thank you. Again Steve McNair was a coward and while he certainly didn't deserve to die I have no sypathy for him. Now if you want to cheat on yours you go ahead, but you have no honor and are a coward if you do. And based on your posts I feel you certainly have.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Word to the wise: cheat and you'll be murdered.

dirk digler
Again, you don't know the dynamics of the situation.

Yep.

Just looking at this from a distance McNair's wife wasn't overly concerned about her husband to call the police and file a missing person's report. That leads me to believe that either 1) this was a common occurrence for him to never come home and be out all night or 2) they were separated and he was living elsewhere.

If it is #1 he is a cheater and she is stupid and if it is #2 then he can fuck whoever he wants.

Garcia Bronco
Dynamics?

That's really what it is.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Word to the wise: cheat and you'll be murdered.

Apparently it's possible.

MOhillbilly
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM

ummmmm. i grew up a heathen, parents both cheated and divorced. I have never strayed from a woman i call mine. my word and my balls is all i have in the end and i dont break em for noone.

Takes more than santimonious falderal to get the full measure of a man.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Dynamics?

Some everywhere take marriage more seriously than others. I don't imagine that's in question. What is in question, for my part, is the marital situation and sloppy use of the English language by those who don't like adultery.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep.

Just looking at this from a distance McNair's wife wasn't overly concerned about her husband to call the police and file a missing person's report. That leads me to believe that either 1) this was a common occurrence for him to never come home and be out all night or 2) they were separated and he was living elsewhere.

I'm guessing an ex-NFL athlete travels quite a bit. Hell, my wife travels a lot for work.

For all you know, McNair talked to his wife the night he was murdered.

You're really reaching to defend someone who couldn't possibly be more in the wrong.

Why?

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 01:55 PM
What about the women who get shot...in the eye?

You don't care that there are countless dumpsters out there wearing eyepatches?

burt
07-08-2009, 01:55 PM

Lots of that going around!

Otter
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
It's ridiculous.

God Bless America.

Sense - conscious awareness or rationality —usually used in plural <finally came="" to="" his="" senses="">

Was McNair a lobotomy out-patient? Did he have Alzheimer? Brain damage? Or something else that allowed him to be unaware of the position he was putting himself in? I'm not saying he deserved it but to cover many bases I'll use the old saying; "you sleep with dogs, you get fleas".

Think I'll going downtown and hang out with a crack dealer then wonder why I get robbed or beaten up or worse.
</finally>

burt
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
It takes a strong man and woman, somebody with some moral fortitude to WORK on their problems and make a family that stands solid through the years.

FYP

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Sense - conscious awareness or rationality —usually used in plural <finally came="" to="" his="" senses="">

Was McNair a lobotomy out-patient? Did he have Alzheimer? Brain damage?
What. The. Fuck?
</finally>

burt
07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Sometimes it takes a strong man to walk away from a bad relationship.
Yay!!! I am strong!!!!

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing an ex-NFL athlete travels quite a bit. Hell, my wife travels a lot for work.

For all you know, McNair talked to his wife the night he was murdered.

You're really reaching to defend someone who couldn't possibly be more in the wrong.

Why?

I am not really defending anyone and my gut tells me he is a cheater but we don't have all the facts yet.

Their home was up for sale and he appeared to be staying elsewhere but then again you could be right. That place he was staying could have been his playboy pad.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I understand it quite well, thank you. Again Steve McNair was a coward and while he certainly didn't deserve to die I have no sypathy for him. Now if you want to cheat on yours you go ahead, but you have no honor and are a coward if you do. And based on your posts I feel you certainly have.

I've never cheated on a woman at any time in my life. I think less of people who commit adultery in the framework of a closed marriage, because I happen to believe that one should strive to keep one's word until/unless the marriage is ended.

You, serving as a member of the morality police here, don't seem to have a problem rendering judgment without knowing the facts. I do.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I feel alot for Todd Mcnair, if Deberg would get that swing pass out there faster he can make a move, instead he just got blasted by Cornielous Bennett

L.A. Chieffan
Never ever do it
Down low
With a psycho bitch
Better never ever go out
With a
Psycho bitch
Everybody better learn
How to see a
Psycho bitch
Cause your bitch might be her

OnTheWarpath58
I feel alot for Todd Mcnair, if Deberg would get that swing pass out there faster he can make a move, instead he just got blasted by Cornielous Bennett

LMAO

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Wasn't McNair and his wife separated at the time of his death? The house was up for sale and they took separate vacations etc. It's not quite adultery if they were separated.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I am not really defending anyone and my gut tells me he is a cheater but we don't have all the facts yet.

Their home was up for sale and he appeared to be staying elsewhere but then again you could be right. That place he was staying could have been his playboy pad.

Your gut? He was married AND dating. It's a fact that he was cheating.

The question becomes the level of wrongness. Eh, McNair and his wife are about to split, no biggie. Oh, he's completely sneaking around behind her back...much different.

Quiet Storm
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
The kicker for me is all the information that has come out on this broad. Her goal in life was to be famous. Her family said something along the lines of "she felt as though she had made it in life." Made it in life? Because she was a mistress-sperm bank to a retired football player....who is still married....and has 4 kids!!!??? I think that is horrible. We will never know the full parameters of this story but she went out and acquired the gun. Can you say premeditated murder? For all we know, Steve might have been going down the path to breaking it off and she saw what was taking place and was not going to have it.

This is just sickening.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 02:03 PM
The kicker for me.

It might be Barth still.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Wasn't McNair and his wife separated at the time of his death? The house was up for sale and they took separate vacations etc. It's not quite adultery if they were separated.

To me that is the one of the most important question going forward.

Also it is finally being reported that she shot him and was planning to move in with him or so she thought.

The folks at Joe Buck's favorite web site are reporting that "preliminary test results" reveal that Sahel "Jenny" Kazemi fired the gun (http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/08/medical-examiner-mcnairs-girlfriend-fired-gun/) that killed former Titans and Ravens quarterback Steve McNair, and then herself.

Dr. Feng Li, an assistant Tennessee medical examiner who conducted the autopsies, made the conclusion based on various factors, including an analysis of gun shot residue.

Nashville police are expected to release new evidence at a 3:45 p.m. EDT press conference. Check back then for more information.

As Nashville police prepare to release at 3:45 p.m. EDT new evidence regarding the circumstances surrounding the death of former Titans and Ravens quarterback Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi, the Tennessean reports that Kazemi listed her furniture for sale (http://tennessean.com/article/20090708/NEWS03/90708039) on the day that she eventually would be arrested for DUI.

Family members have said that Kazemi was getting rid of her furniture because she planned to move in with McNair. Family members also have said that Kazemi believed that McNair soon would be finalizing a divorce from his wife.

But police have said that no divorce proceedings had been instituted.

It's unclear whether the police formally will be disclosing this or other evidence. However, the attempt to sell the furniture tends to support the theory that Kazemi's view of the relationship possibly didn't mesh with reality -- and that she figured it out at some point on July 2.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Was McNair a lobotomy out-patient? Did he have Alzheimer? Brain damage? Or something else that allowed him to be unaware of the position he was putting himself in? I'm not saying he deserved it but to cover many bases I'll use the old saying; "you sleep with dogs, you get fleas".

Think I'll going downtown and hang out with a crack dealer then wonder why I get robbed or beaten up or worse.
</finally>

And certainly if you were savagely beaten for the company you kept you'd chalk it up an wouldn't alert the authorities. Because, of course, you deserved it.

Brilliant piece of thinking you did there.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM

The question becomes the level of wrongness. Eh, McNair and his wife are about to split, no biggie. Oh, he's completely sneaking around behind her back...much different.

My point was if they were separated I really wouldn't call it cheating but I understand how others might think different.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM

There was no paperwork filed that shows any intent of a legal separation or divorce.

Therefore, he was married, and he was cheating.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
My point was if they were separated I really wouldn't call it cheating but I understand how others might think different.

Yeah, I hear you. It's not my place to pass moral judgments on this dude, so I'm not reacting too much one way or the other.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
There was no paperwork filed that shows any intent of a legal separation or divorce.

He was cheating.

And certainly only paperwork can define a separation.

Garcia Bronco
I've never cheated on a woman at any time in my life. I think less of people who commit adultery in the framework of a closed marriage, because I happen to believe that one should strive to keep one's word until/unless the marriage is ended.

You, serving as a member of the morality police here, don't seem to have a problem rendering judgment without knowing the facts. I do.

I don't need to know anymore facts than he was cheating on his wife. Do you deny this fact? Keeping my word and talking about it isn't policing anything. I didn't stop him from cheating or anybody else unless it involves me, but don't expect me to feel sorry for anybody whe the get whatever they get be it financial loss, an STD, or a 9mm round to the skull.

Reaper16
Am I the only one who thinks his murder was senseless and sad no matter how sneaky or not-sneaky McNair's cheating was?

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Am I the only one who thinks his murder was senseless and sad no matter how sneaky or not-sneaky McNair's cheating was?

No sir. You're not.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't need to know anymore facts than he was cheating on his wife. Do you deny this fact? Keeping my word and talking about it isn't policing anything. I didn't stop him from cheating or anybody else unless it involves me, but don't expect me to feel sorry for anybody whe the get whatever they get be it financial loss, an STD, or a 9mm round to the skull.

Do I deny the fact? No, because I don't know it to be true one way or the other. Neither do you, for that matter. Just because they are 'married', you assume that they had an understanding that there would be no women for him and no men for her.

The problem is that you don't know that to be the case. And, again, it's still not "cowardice" just by its mere act.

Micjones
I don't need to know anymore facts than he was cheating on his wife.

Wouldn't matter if all parties involved were clear about his being separated from his wife?

RedNeckRaider

I disagree. I find it a very cowardly act. Another poster here knew McNair on a personal level and told another side of him. It sounds like there was much good in him. He did not deserve to die but sadly he shamed his name and his family with his actions

dirk digler

He was cheating.

My wife and I separated prior to us getting divorced and there was no paperwork for separation. We were separated about 3-4 months before she filed for divorce. I think that is a common practice and I wouldn't take much from no paperwork while separated.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 02:11 PM

No. What should be separate and distinct points are being merged by people.

Quiet Storm
07-08-2009, 02:11 PM

I concur.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
And certainly only paperwork can define a separation.

You're right, only paperwork can define a LEGAL separation.

Because if he wasn't LEGALLY separated, then he was married, and was cheating.

Unless you can provide a legal document from Mechelle signed and notarized informing Steve he can go bang all the young strange he can get, he was cheating.

Amazing to me the lengths people will go to defend celebrities, or the views some folks have when it comes to marriage.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
My wife and I separated prior to us getting divorced and there was no paperwork for separation. We were separated about 3-4 months before she filed for divorce. I think that is a common practice and I wouldn't take much from no paperwork while separated.

Hell that's probably the rule...
Most of the people I've known to be separated had zero paperwork.

L.A. Chieffan
07-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Unless you can provide a legal document from Mechelle signed and notarized informing Steve he can go bang all the young strange he can get, he was cheating.

Amazing to me the lengths people will go to defend celebrities, or the views some folks have when it comes to marriage.

he was cheating, while they were separated with plans to divorce, and with her knowledge?

technically you may be correct but it really doesnt matter

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:14 PM

OTW that's bullshit and you know it.
Most of the people in this country who separate do so without paperwork.

I'm not at all dishonoring the sanctity of marriage.
I'm calling some of your soapbox sitters onto the carpet for being self-righteous.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:15 PM

I was in the same position, though I was the one to file.

However, I never once thought about cheating. Matter of fact, I met my current wife while separated, and we did nothing more than occasionally meet for coffee as friends until the day the judge signed the papers.

I did everything in my power to make the marriage work, had no other options but to file, but continued to abide by the laws of the marriage until it was legally dissolved.

It's really not that much to ask, IMO.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 02:16 PM
No sir. You're not.

No. What should be separate and distinct points are being merged by people.

I concur.
Good, thanks.

I'm not making any apologies for McNair's cheating. But in a country where around half of all marriages end in divorce, I'm not about to consider murder "just a consequence" of cheating.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Hell that's probably the rule...
Most of the people I've known to be separated had zero paperwork.

OTW that's bullshit and you know it.
Most of the people in this country who separate do so without paperwork.

I'm not at all dishonoring the sanctity of marriage.
I'm calling some of your soapbox sitters onto the carpet for being self-righteous.

I'm not arguing that.

However, these people you speak of are still legally married, and therefore would be cheating on their spouse - approval or not.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm not arguing that.

However, these people you speak of are still legally married, and therefore would be cheating on their spouse - approval or not.

You just admitted to being involved non-sexually with another woman while you were separated in a previous marriage. You realize there are some who would consider that cheating, no?

dirk digler
I was in the same position, though I was the one to file.

However, I never once thought about cheating. Matter of fact, I met my current wife while separated, and we did nothing more than occasionally meet for coffee as friends until the day the judge signed the papers.

I did everything in my power to make the marriage work, had no other options but to file, but continued to abide by the laws of the marriage until it was legally dissolved.

It's really not that much to ask, IMO.

Some women might consider what you did cheating because you know you were thinking about doing naughty things with your new friend (current wife). :p

OnTheWarpath58
he was cheating, while they were separated with plans to divorce, and with her knowledge?

technically you may be correct but it really doesnt matter

Where does it say anywhere that they actually were separated, or planning a divorce? Or anything that resembles her knowing he's banging a 20 year-old waitress?

Otter
And certainly if you were savagely beaten for the company you kept you'd chalk it up an wouldn't alert the authorities. Because, of course, you deserved it.

Brilliant piece of thinking you did there.

Where did I say I wouldn't contact the authorities? Where did or didn't I say I deserved it?

Are you saying there is not a direct correlation between his actions and consequences?

Because that would imply that this is all a random event.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
You just admitted to being involved non-sexually with another woman while you were separated in a previous marriage. You realize there are some who would consider that cheating, no?

I was no more involved with her than any other woman friend I had at the time.

Are you going to tell me that you have no friends that are women?

Or that your wife has no male friends?

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM

Are you going to tell me that you have no friends that are women?

Or that your wife has no male friends?
I don't remember the thread, but there were a handful of posters seriously arguing to me that if a man has a friend that is a woman, the friendship only exists because the man wants to have sex with the woman.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Some women might consider what you did cheating because you know you were thinking about doing naughty things with your new friend (current wife). :p

No, I wasn't.

It turned out she knew my father, because they work in the same industry. We talked business strategy, mainly.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
After reading this I think it is obvious they weren't separated. So he is a cheater but he didn't deserve to die.

The close friend who reported McNair’s death to 911 defended his friend since their days playing football at Alcorn State to The Tennessean. Robert Gaddy, who did not immediately return a text message to his cell phone from The Associated Press on Wednesday, said the the McNairs’ Nashville home was on the market because they were looking for a new house.

“People need to quit talking about what they don’t know. Mac never said anything to me about he was going to get a divorce, and ever since this has all happened everybody is trying to paint a certain picture and they need to talk about what they know,” Gaddy told newspaper.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I don't remember the thread, but there were a handful of posters seriously arguing to me that if a man has a friend that is a woman, the friendship only exists because the man wants to have sex with the woman.

Then they are fucking retarded.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM
No, I wasn't.

It turned out she knew my father, because they work in the same industry. We talked business strategy, mainly.

Sure OTW... ;) :D

memyselfI
Where does it say anywhere that they actually were separated, or planning a divorce? Or anything that resembles her knowing he's banging a 20 year-old waitress?

Actually, their realtor was quoted as saying the only reason their house is for sale is that they were looking for lakefront property...

OnTheWarpath58
After reading this I think it is obvious they weren't separated. So he is a cheater but he didn't deserve to die.

That's what I've been saying all along.

He didn't deserve to die.

That doesn't change the fact he was cheating on his wife when he was murdered.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM

I don't buy into that Harry Met Sally bullshit. I have a couple friends that are hot, yes I wanted to screw them like 5 years ago. Went through rejection phase, knew where I stand, but they still go to concerts with me and shit especially with facebook. it is easy to have friends that are attractive woman. I know more and more guys who are attracted to woman who like shit they love to do instead of their basooms.

DeezNutz

It's true. /Billy Crystal/

Edit: By seconds, 'penz. ****ing seconds. And, yes, you still want to **** your hot friends. The fact that they might not let you doesn't change the "want."

OnTheWarpath58
Actually, their realtor was quoted as saying the only reason their house is for sale is that they were looking for lakefront property...

THEY were looking for lakefront property.

Sure sounds like a couple planning a divorce to me.

Otter
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
That's what I've been saying all along.

He didn't deserve to die.

That doesn't change the fact he was cheating on his wife when he was murdered.

In simplest terms "this" (points up)

But McJones, don't try to pass the end result as some "senseless" random act he had no part in contributing to or you're a fool or a liar or both.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
It's true. /Billy Crystal/

Edit: By seconds, 'penz. ****ing seconds. And, yes, you still want to **** your hot friends. The fact that they might not let you doesn't change the "want."
How strong is the "want?" Every heterosexual man would want to have sex with any attractive woman in the consequences-less abstract. I can firmly say that I have quite a few attractive friends who I have never once desired to get with.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
It's really astounding how chock-full this forum is of moralizing yet utterly heartless assholes.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
How strong is the "want?" Every man would want to have sex with any attractive woman in the consequences-less abstract. I can firmly say that I have quite a few attractive friends who I have never once desired to get with.

I was just joking.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't matter if all parties involved were clear about his being separated from his wife?

Not in my mind, but if they had an arrangement that would be different. But according to various reports this had been going on for a year. Heck even her parents knew about it and it seems like the were okay with it.

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Separated = pending single, unless you and your spouse specifically address the issue as being a "just for space" situation. Imo.

Of course that won't stop the internet tough guys around here from being a bunch of judgmental bastards. I seriously doubt they judge themselves as strictly in real life as the spout off about everyone else on the internet.

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Not in my mind, but if they had an arrangement that would be different. But according to various reports this had been going on for a year. Heck even her parents knew about it and it seems like the were okay with it.

Her parents had no control over her when she lived with them hence she quit school and moved in with her boyfriend at age 17. Why on earth would they have a negative opinion of the relationship after their daughter murdered the guy because of it?

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't think everyone out there fully recognize the weight of responsibility of a marriage, kids, and a sexual relationship. Now compound that with being a public figure with money and I think it's a greater burden. His 4 kids will carry this with them for all their lives and have to come to terms with the actions of their father. To me this is a greater reason to be upset than anything else.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
when you run around with an uhh alternative crowd. the typcial bimbo does nothing for you. Give me a pierced chick with a "The person who invented slayer..rules!" tatoo.

hello
nurse

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I can firmly say that I have quite a few attractive friends who I have never once desired to get with.

Reaper = gay

:p

NTTAWWT

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Her parents had no control over her when she lived with them hence she quit school and moved in with her boyfriend at age 17. Why on earth would they have a negative opinion of the relationship after their daughter murdered the guy because of it?

Obviously the context of my post pointed to them knowing about the relationship before the murder.

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I feel sorry for him that he trusted someone he clearly should not have and paid for it with his life. Clearly, that 'crime' is not severe enough to warrant death. I think even his wife would feel that way...

I could be wrong.

I feel more sorry for the wife and the kids. The wife because, no matter how bad their marriage was, she's now a widow AND a single parent.

I feel the worst for the kids. One day they are living their lives knowing whatever they know and understand about their family dynamic and the next day they are in a personal hell for themselves, their siblings, their mother, their father, their grandparents, and anyone else they see suffering because of this. Not only is their reality now in question but possibly even their identity. That is not fair and entirely too much to bear.

Perhaps married people will now think twice before they succumb to the temptation. Perhaps Steve McNair's death and his family's pain won't be in vain for it will prove an example to others. Even then, there are no silver linings here.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't think everyone out there fully recognize the weight of responsibility of a marriage, kids, and a sexual relationship. Now compound that with being a public figure with money and I think it's a greater burden. His 4 kids will carry this with them for all their lives and have to come to terms with the actions of their father. To me this is a greater reason to be upset than anything else.I think them having to come to terms with their father's early death is worse.

I think their father BEING MURDERED is worse.

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Obviously the context of my post pointed to them knowing about the relationship before the murder.

Right. But we only have the cousin and the sister claiming they approved. I haven't seen her parents give an interview saying they knew what their daughter was doing and approved of it.

I know I couldn't. Even if I wanted to support her. I could not say I approved of the relationship before or afterwards.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I think them having to come to terms with their father's early death is worse.

I think their father BEING MURDERED is worse.

Those are all shorter term things that fade a little easier(which isn't easy at all) than who their father was and what they'll have to cope with in life because of it.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Right. But we only have the cousin and the sister claiming they approved. I haven't seen her parents give an interview saying they knew what their daughter was doing and approved of it.

I know I couldn't. Even if I wanted to support her. I could not say I approved of the relationship before or afterwards.

Well...I said it seemed like they approved.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Those are all shorter term things that fade a little easier(which isn't easy at all) than who their father was and what they'll have to cope with in life because of it.You are FUCKING INSANE.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Ty Cobb = Steve Mcnair

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Well...I said it seemed like they approved.

I would hope they wouldn't. I guess we'll have to see what else comes out about them. My thinking is the sister and cousin are lying about what the parents knew and what Steve allegedly told 'Jenny' so as to protect what is left of her reputation and their family honor.

Just my hunch...

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Where did I say I wouldn't contact the authorities?

Contacting the authorities would signify the crime being both illegal and unwarranted. Yes?

Where did or didn't I say I deserved it?

Then neither did Steve McNair deserve to be murdered.

Are you saying there is not a direct correlation between his actions and consequences?

Because that would imply that this is all a random event.

Her actions certainly weren't random, but they were hardly called for or apppropriate.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
honor and respect go out the window when you start banging a habeeb

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM

You realize that you pointed out that she's your current wife, no?
I think it's fairly natural to conclude given the context of your last post that you might've been in the preliminary stages of a new relationship.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Hello, Satan, is that you ? :eek:

Sad you don't see the repercussions of being unfaithful.

Micjones
Separated = pending single, unless you and your spouse specifically address the issue as being a "just for space" situation. Imo.

Of course that won't stop the internet tough guys around here from being a bunch of judgmental bastards. I seriously doubt they judge themselves as strictly in real life as the spout off about everyone else on the internet.

This.

memyselfI
He was ASLEEP when she shot him? He did not even know she was getting ready to kill him. Per Nashville, PD. Apparently, she'd been distraught and talking about 'ending it all' before the shooting. She believed he was involved with a third woman and that contributed to her state of mind in addition to financial issues.

What a bitch.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Those are all shorter term things that fade a little easier(which isn't easy at all) than who their father was and what they'll have to cope with in life because of it.

You are FUCKING INSANE.
I have to second UP here. That is crazy-talk, GB.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
He was ASLEEP when she shot him? He did not even know she was getting ready to kill him. Per PD.

What a bitch.

That what baffled me.
I kept wondering how she so easily shot the man four times (twice in the head). I was wondering if perhaps she snuck up on him...Or that maybe he'd been sleeping at the time.

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hearing this from the PD, I definitely feel sorry for the guy now. He was blindsided.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM
He was ASLEEP when she shot him? He did not even know she was getting ready to kill him. Per Nashville, PD. Apparently, she'd been distraught and talking about 'ending it all' before the shooting. She believed he was involved with a third woman and that contributed to her state of mind in addition to financial issues.

What a bitch.

Wow that really sucks.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Uh, yes, it is. Adultery is just that, adultery.

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow that really sucks.

It can't help but make his family feel worse. That is unfortunate. Or perhaps maybe they will feel some sympathy for him because he had no chance if she had not voiced the dispair and suicidal thoughts to him.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM

You've really become FOS, IMO.

it's pretty simple, peoiple of all color, across the country, religious or secular, left or right hold marriage in high exteem. The fact that the current culture doesn't care or marginilizes adultery and marriage speaks of people, not the institution...and said same peole prolly do think...err know if you play with fire, you're eventually gonna get burned.

and you poor soul, stuck here in the horrible midwest...:rolleyes:

Katipan
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Hearing this from the PD, I definitely feel sorry for the guy now. He was blindsided.

I feel a little better.

At least he didn't feel pain or horror.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
It's really astounding how chock-full this forum is of moralizing yet utterly heartless assholes.

Pot meet kettle !:huh:

memyselfI
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I feel a little better.

At least he didn't feel pain or horror.

I hope the family shares that same feeling hearing this awful news.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
You've really become FOS, IMO.

it's pretty simple, peoiple of all color, across the country, religious or secular, left or right hold...marriage in high exteem. The fact that the current culture doesn't care or marginilizes adultery and marriage speaks of people, not the institution...and said same peole prolly do think...err know if you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.

and you poor soul, stuck here in the horrible midwest...:rolleyes:
1.) A few posts after the one you quoted, I said that I didn't actually believe what I posted. You can accuse me of trolling in this stupid thread, but not of being full of shit.

2.) I disagree with your plays-with-fire addage. No one who cheats on their spouse expects to get shot twice in the head.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
It can't help but make his family feel worse. That is unfortunate. Or perhaps maybe they will feel some sympathy for him because he had no chance if she had not voiced the dispair and suicidal thoughts to him.

Yeah I think I would feel a little better that he was asleep...not much though.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Pot meet kettle !:huh:
I'll bite. Explain, please.

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Dynamics?

this

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
2.) I disagree with your plays-with-fire addage. No one who cheats on their spouse expects to get shot twice in the head.

I kind of disagree with that. If you are cheating with another married woman you never know what the other jilted spouse will do to you if he found out.

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
What about the women who get shot...in the eye?

You don't care that there are countless dumpsters out there wearing eyepatches?

hey now dont talk about raised in rectums like that

Katipan
07-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I kind of disagree with that. If you are cheating with another married woman you never know what the other jilted spouse will do to you if he found out.

I agree.

Hell, people shoot people for cutting them off on the freeway.

Ultra Peanut
Sad you don't see the repercussions of being unfaithful.A guilty conscience and broken relationships are consequences of being unfaithful. BEING SHOT is not a logical conclusion to reach for many missteps in life.

I cannot help but wonder what is wrong with you people. Did having all kinds of shit to deal with just make me a better person, or did I stumble into a pit of the most miserable, self-righteous motherfuckers on earth?

I agree.

Hell, people shoot people for cutting them off on the freeway.Pfft, guess you should have been a better driver, then. Mess with the bull, get shot in the fucking head.

Mr. Krab
Uh, yes, it is. Adultery is just that, adultery.Not really. If they are separated in every sense but the paperwork than it's not nearly the same.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
1.) A few posts after the one you quoted, I said that I didn't actually believe what I posted. You can accuse me of trolling in this stupid thread, but not of being full of shit.

castro have a wife?

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree.

Hell, people shoot people for cutting them off on the freeway.

Yep

A guilty conscience and broken relationships are consequences of being unfaithful. BEING SHOT is not a logical conclusion to reach.

I don't understand how you think it is NOT a logical conclusion because stuff like this happens almost every day.

Chiefnj2
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
He handled the shotgun offense better than the handgun defense.

Is it too soon?

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM

Is it too soon?
heh, bastard.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM

don't pretend that jealous lovers committing homocide just appeared in society...he completely put his family and kids at risk by engaging in a relationship that put him between two women.

do drunk drivers expect to crash or kill someone?

It's a shame that a guy whose star had risen so high, lost his life oxer a younger piece of ass.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Yep

I don't understand how you think it is NOT a logical conclusion because stuff like this happens almost every day.Someone shooting another person is not a reasonable situation that happens on a daily basis. It is an anomaly in daily life.

"If I do A, then B will happen" does not take anomalies into account. Saying that getting involved in an extramarital affair justifies or in some way diminishes being murdered is sociopathic.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Not really. If they are separated in every sense but the paperwork than it's not nearly the same.

Not nearly ? You serious, like sin is sin, but not nearly ?

Dead is dead, but not nearly ?

See, Man likes to make the laws fit his needs, not the laws fit the needs of all men.

Katipan
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Pfft, guess you should have been a better driver, then. Mess with the bull, get shot in the ****ing head.

I enjoy witty discourse as much as the next person if the next person isn't micjones but in what way does your post encourage any kind of response besides your and idiot?

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
And if we find out tomorrow that McNair's wife is also seeing someone?

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM

EXPECTS to get shot? No, I'll give you that.

But you'd be foolish not to think it increases the odds of some sort of physical harm from someone your actions are affecting.

Demonpenz
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Is it too soon?

Mcnair's another qb victim of the run and shoot

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
I enjoy witty discourse as much as the next person if the next person isn't micjones but in what way does your post encourage any kind of response besides your and idiot?I'm saying that your post proves the point. People get shot over incredibly stupid things. That does not mean that someone who did something wrong on one level should in any way have to "deal with the consequences" on such a permanent, ridiculously bigger scale.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
...they both set horrible examples for their kids?

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Not nearly ? You serious, like sin is sin, but not nearly ?

Dead is dead, but not nearly ?

See, Man likes to make the laws fit his needs, not the laws fit the needs of all men.What law would that be?

McNair is a rich guy with lots of money. Getting devorce is not nearly as easy as it is for most people. If McNair and his wife were separated but the documents just had been completely yet because she was asking for everything he owned then it's not nearly as black and white as you are trying to make it.

ChiTown
It's a shame that a guy whose star had risen so high, lost his life oxer a younger piece of ass.

True that.

I know infidelity happens all the time, but I just don't get it - especially not when you have kids. If you live by the pork sword, you just might die by the sword.

In no way did McNair deserve a fate like he received. However, infidelity is a high risk/reward game. He just received the most extreme end of the risk.

dirk digler
Someone shooting another person is not a reasonable situation that happens on a daily basis. It is an anomaly in daily life.

"If I do A, then B will happen" does not take anomalies into account. Saying that getting involved in an extramarital affair justifies or in some way diminishes being murdered is sociopathic.

You think murder is an anomaly? Have you looked at the murder statistics in this country? You probably should do that before making silly statements.

Does someone cheating deserve to be killed of course not but that doesn't mean it is not a logical assumption that it might occur.

Tuckdaddy
Adultery = Cowardice?

How so?

Because cowards hide shit like that. If he wanted to bang 20 year olds he should have just got a divorce. I don't think he should have got killed over it but I find it hard to say "Oh poor Steve McNair."

Otter
Contacting the authorities would signify the crime being both illegal and unwarranted. Yes?

Then neither did Steve McNair deserve to be murdered.

Her actions certainly weren't random, but they were hardly called for or apppropriate.

I can agree with everything you wrote here.

Just pointing out that he knowingly and willingly was a participant in a situation that was highly volatile. Maybe I took your use of the word "senseless" too literally.

OnTheWarpath58

Then she's a cheater as well.

Still doesn't give him a pass, nor does his cheating give her a pass.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
A guilty conscience and broken relationships are consequences of being unfaithful. BEING SHOT is not a logical conclusion to reach for many missteps in life.

I cannot help but wonder what is wrong with you people. Did having all kinds of shit to deal with just make me a better person, or did I stumble into a pit of the most miserable, self-righteous mother****ers on earth?

Pfft, guess you should have been a better driver, then. Mess with the bull, get shot in the ****ing head.

People now a days are just wacko, They take things into their own hands when they don't get their ways, they punish other people for revenge.

You want a messy bed, just sleep around, It happens all the time.

Katipan
I'm saying that your post proves the point. People get shot over incredibly stupid things. That does not mean that someone who did something wrong on one level should in any way have to "deal with the consequences" on such a permanent, ridiculously bigger scale.

Totally agree that he shouldn't have been shot.

Totally expected to have been shot when I was in his position.
Some days I still expect to.

So do what you do. And while you're doing it remember that people are going to do what they do.

Mr. Krab
...they both set horrible examples for their kids?Because the divorce paperwork wasn't completely yet or because getting a divorce is just wrong no matter what?

Ultra Peanut
This is one of the most aggressively stupid threads I've ever seen on here.

You think murder is an anomaly? Have you looked at the murder statistics in this country? You probably should do that before making silly statements.

Does someone cheating deserve to be killed of course not but that doesn't mean it is not a logical assumption that it might occur.Statistics are obviously not your thing.

ROYC75
Then she's a cheater as well.

Still doesn't give him a pass, nor does his cheating give her a pass.

Word !

Till death do you part ....... or a final divorce is in place.

DeezNutz
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Mcnair's another qb victim of the run and shoot

Run? Oh, it's a two-part thing?

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Because the divorce paperwork wasn't completely yet or because getting a divorce is just wrong no matter what?

no, because they would've made a mockery of their own family.

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Word !

Till death do you part ....... or a final divorce is in place.
So they could have been living apart for years and just because that piece of paper isn't signed then nothing else matters?

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 03:21 PM
"Hey, you knew it was possible that someone might crash into your car and kill your child in the backseat. I don't feel a lot of sympathy for you."

Some people really need to get a grasp on the whole "If A then B" idea.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Because the divorce paperwork wasn't completely yet or because getting a divorce is just wrong no matter what?

I'm not sure why you're continuing to cling to speculation that they were separated, when quotes have been pulled from friends and others that say that couldn't be further from the truth.

As mentioned earlier, their real estate agent said they were selling the house and looking for lakefront property.

THEY.

Not he. Not she.

THEY.

People who are looking to separate or divorce don't go out and acquire more assets.

Ultra Peanut
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
"Hey, you knew it was possible that someone might crash into your car and kill your child in the backseat. I don't feel a lot of sympathy for you."

Some people really need to get a grasp on the whole "If A then B" idea.Do you realize how many kids die in car accidents? You knew the risks, and you were speeding! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:24 PM

yup, because driving is like screwing someone other than your wife.

:clap:

Tuckdaddy
07-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Right on point. My position exactly.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
What law would that be?

McNair is a rich guy with lots of money. Getting devorce is not nearly as easy as it is for most people. If McNair and his wife were separated but the documents just had been completely yet because she was asking for everything he owned then it's not nearly as black and white as you are trying to make it.

So what you are saying is It's OK, if it suits the individual in question ?

Convenient !

dirk digler
Statistics are obviously not your thing.

I never admitted as much I suck at math. :D

The murder rate for this country has held steady at 5.5-6% for the last 10 years.

To me that is not anomaly.

Reaper16

Yup.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
yup, because driving is like screwing someone other than your wife.

:clap:

The argument made was basically that the consequences were to be expected. "If A then B". I'm not sure how I can highlight the stupidity of that sort of idiotic argument any more clearly.

Tuckdaddy
07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Do I deny the fact? No, because I don't know it to be true one way or the other. Neither do you, for that matter. Just because they are 'married', you assume that they had an understanding that there would be no women for him and no men for her.

The problem is that you don't know that to be the case. And, again, it's still not "cowardice" just by its mere act.

Running around behind his wife and kids back is cowardly any way you slice it.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
So they could have been living apart for years and just because that piece of paper isn't signed then nothing else matters?

God's Law ? Yes. Morally, Yes, what good is your word if you can't keep it .

If McNair was single, but he slept with 2 different women, got shot. It's still a sad situation, but he choose to live that life.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:30 PM
The argument made was basically that the consequences were to be expected. "If A then B". I'm not sure how I can highlight the stupidity of that sort of idiotic argument any more clearly.

it's surprising, but not shocking.

...there even being consequences were created by who?

Just Passin' By
Running around behind his wife and kids back is cowardly any way you slice it.

Obviously not, since I and others don't seem to slice it that way.

mikeyis4dcats.
being murdered is cowardly?

OnTheWarpath58

Some people should compare apples to apples.

How much sympathy would you feel if the person in your scenario was driving drunk, recklessly, etc and crashed, killing the child/person in the backseat?

I think it's a fair guess to say you wouldn't have much for the driver, but would for the child/person in the backseat and their family.

Again, I'm not saying he DESERVED to die because of his infidelity.

However, it's very obvious that had he not been cheating on his wife, the odds of him being killed by a 20-year old waitress are about the same as being struck by lightning and winning the Powerball on the same day.

Chiefnj2
07-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Some say the difference between cheating and not cheating is opportunity.

I recall reading about one of those agencies that will catch cheating spouses on tape for divorce proceedings, etc. They employ Playboy quality girls to initiate contact and basically entrap guys. One of the girls said something to the effect that the only time she wasn't successful was when one guy figured out it was a setup when he asked himself why some beautiful younger gal was throwing herself at his unemployed, loser, ass. All the other times the guys went for the bait, whether it was their first, second or fiftieth time.

Reaper16
Reaper = gay

:p

NTTAWWT
Nah, not me. I have kissed a dude or two, though. Theater is a crazy world. I kind of wish that I was the Planet's resident homosexual man, though. It would make shaming some of ya'll easier.

Brock
Hopefully some of you will be judged to the same standard you're applying to McNair.

dirk digler

I think if you are cheating on your spouse or with another spouse being killed is definitely an option.

Tuckdaddy
07-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I do know that he was not living up to the vow he made to his wife and that's all I need to know. If his wife wasn't living up to her end of the bargain then he needed to get a divorce and then do what ever he wants. He's a coward. Now if you want to cheat on your wife, girlfirend, or boyfriend that's up to you, but know you have no honor because the true measure of someone is what they do when no one is looking. When no one was looking McNair was having an affair and turned his back on his family he created. That my friend is a bullshit move.

Roll with it brother! Exactly my point.

Steve was a fugging coward who obviously told this 20 year young impressionable woman a bunch of bullshit lies just like he told his family. everyday when he didn't own up to his behavior.

Brock
Some say the difference between cheating and not cheating is opportunity.

I recall reading about one of those agencies that will catch cheating spouses on tape for divorce proceedings, etc. They employ Playboy quality girls to initiate contact and basically entrap guys. One of the girls said something to the effect that the only time she wasn't successful was when one guy figured out it was a setup when he asked himself why some beautiful younger gal was throwing herself at his unemployed, loser, ass. All the other times the guys went for the bait, whether it was their first, second or fiftieth time.

They all should have been wondering that.

Reaper16
Some people should compare apples to apples.

How much sympathy would you feel if the person in your scenario was driving drunk, recklessly, etc and crashed, killing the child/person in the backseat?

I think it's a fair guess to say you wouldn't have much for the driver, but would for the child/person in the backseat and their family.

Again, I'm not saying he DESERVED to die because of his infidelity.

However, it's very obvious that had he not been cheating on his wife, the odds of him being killed by a 20-year old waitress are about the same as being struck by lightning and winning the Powerball on the same day.
Dude, how in any way is that an apples-to-apples comparison.

Brock
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Roll with it brother! Exactly my point.

Steve was a fugging coward who obviously told this 20 year young impressionable woman a bunch of bullshit lies just like he told his family. everyday when he didn't own up to his behavior.

Yeah, obviously. Obviously. :clap:

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Hopefully some of you will be judged to the same standard you're applying to McNair.

We all will be !:D

Brock
07-08-2009, 03:35 PM
The bible says thinking about other women is the same as cheating.

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed ADULTERY with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into HELL."

Square that up in your mind, ROY, if you dare.

dirk digler
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed ADULTERY with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into HELL."

That seals it I am definitely going to hell. :)

ChiTown
07-08-2009, 03:37 PM

I'll be roasting like a MF'r for eternity

:evil:

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM

IIRC his WIFE has said she knew nothing of the affair. their realtor has said they were looking for a waterfront house somewhere.

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Dude, how in any way is that an apples-to-apples comparison.

Read JPB's post again.

He's trying to portray McNair as someone who was just unlucky, or in the wrong place at the wrong time, instead of owning up to the fact that McNair actions directly lead to his killing.

McNair has to carry some blame here, because the odds are astronomical that he's still be dead today had he NOT been cheating on his wife.

The driver in his scenario did nothing more than get in his/her car and drive, but was affected by the actions of others.

We can't say that about Steve McNair.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM

No problem here . 26+ years and clicking !

OnTheWarpath58
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM
IIRC his WIFE has said she knew nothing of the affair. their realtor has said they were looking for a waterfront house somewhere.

Exactly.

Yet people here want to cling to speculation that they were separated, or planning a divorce, because it absolves him of blame.

stevieray
07-08-2009, 03:41 PM

...the point being to strive through your thoughts and words to give Glory to God...

...we all have left behind something that isn't/wasn't good for us...it is possible.

Otter
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
A guilty conscience and broken relationships are consequences of being unfaithful. BEING SHOT is not a logical conclusion to reach for many missteps in life.

I cannot help but wonder what is wrong with you people. Did having all kinds of shit to deal with just make me a better person, or did I stumble into a pit of the most miserable, self-righteous mother****ers on earth?

I think a congratulations is in order Ultra Peanut, the transition is complete!

You are no longer capable of separating emotion from practicality and reality. :toast:

ROYC75
I'll be roasting like a MF'r for eternity

:evil:

Heaven vs Hell ? Options, only 2, do you prefer smoking or non smoking ?

Your call !

Brock
No problem here . 26+ years and clicking !

And you've never once thought about another woman? You expect anyone here to believe that? LMAO

Garcia Bronco
You are ****ING INSANE.

LOL...coming from you...that's rather amusing.

Brock
07-08-2009, 03:43 PM
...the point being to strive through your thoughts and words to give Glory to God...

...we all have left behind something that isn't/wasn't good for us...it is possible.

I don't agree that that was the point of it.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I have to second UP here. That is crazy-talk, GB.

dude...what he did on a football field is erased. It might as well have never happened. It's when they get older and they have to answer all these questions and have all these feelings because of what their dad did nad how he died that will weigh on their minds.

ChiTown
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Heaven vs Hell ? Options, only 2, do you prefer smoking or non smoking ?

Your call !

LOL

I hope to get to heaven. But if looking at a pretty girl the wrong way constitutes cheating, I feel as though I will have a TON of company wherever I go

;)

Mr. Krab
07-08-2009, 03:45 PM
God's Law ? Yes. Morally, Yes, what good is your word if you can't keep it .

If McNair was single, but he slept with 2 different women, got shot. It's still a sad situation, but he choose to live that life.
Isn't Divorce wrong in "God's Law" no matter what? There is no government piece of paper that you can sign that means anything to God's law.

Reaper16
07-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Read JPB's post again.

He's trying to portray McNair as someone who was just unlucky, or in the wrong place at the wrong time, instead of owning up to the fact that McNair actions directly lead to his killing.

McNair has to carry some blame here, because the odds are astronomical that he's still be dead today had he NOT been cheating on his wife.

The driver in his scenario did nothing more than get in his/her car and drive, but was affected by the actions of others.

We can't say that about Steve McNair.
I should have read closer. My apologies.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I think if you are cheating on your spouse or with another spouse being killed is definitely an option.

If you are walking down the street minding your own business, being killed is an option.

ROYC75
07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
And you've never once thought about another woman? You expect anyone here to believe that? LMAO

Before I became a saved Christian ? Sure, have I've been forgiven ? Sure. Right now in my adult life, I have no concerns nor does my dying wife. It will stay that way until long after too !

Wanna try again ?

Chiefnj2
Exactly.

Yet people here want to cling to speculation that they were separated, or planning a divorce, because it absolves him of blame.

Do you think his wife really knew nothing? The neighbors of the crazy jihad chick said he spent so much time there, they thought they lived together.

stevieray
I don't agree that that was the point of it.

I'm all eyes.