PDA

View Full Version : Poop Lebron dunked on; film confiscated.

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Nike does not want you to see that dunk (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/15942689)

AKRON, Ohio -- You want to see video of Xavier's Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James?

If so, too bad.

Because you're not going to see it.

Thanks to Nike.

Turns out, there were at least two cameras rolling Monday night when Crawford dunked on James during a pick-up game here at the LeBron James Skills Academy. It was a two-handed jam, the kind that would've circulated quickly on YouTube. But Nike officials eliminated that possibility shortly after the dunk happened by allegedly confiscating tapes from various cameramen.

Freelance photographer Ryan Miller was one of the cameramen shooting the game.

He told CBSSports.com that Nike Basketball Senior Director Lynn Merritt took his tape.

"He just said, 'We have to take your tape,'" Miller said. "They took it from other guys, too."

Worth noting is that there is no policy against filming at the LeBron James Skills Academy, and Miller said he had been filming all day without incident. Nobody ever told him to stop. Nobody ever said there was a problem ... until after Crawford dunked on James.

"LeBron called Lynn over and told him something," Miller said. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.'"

Minutes later, Miller said Merritt demanded his tape.

"There's nothing I can think of besides LeBron just not wanting it online," Miller said. "It's a good story to tell people, I guess. But then again, I'm kind of pissed. I lost my tape."

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img11934206.jpg

Buck
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm no LeBron fan, but IMO if he was going 100%, theres no way anybody could dunk on him.

Man has hops.

JASONSAUTO
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm no LeBron fan, but IMO if he was going 100%, theres no way anybody could dunk on him.

Man has hops.

I AM a lebron fan and i agree

Silock
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Why did they give up the film? I would have told them to fuck right off.

Micjones
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
So what he got dunked on...

MJ got nuts put on his chin during his NBA days.
That hardly means he isn't still the greatest to ever play the game.

This is dumb.

Silock
07-08-2009, 12:05 PM

This is dumb.

I think the point is that, from what I gathered, LeBron didn't want it getting out because he was embarrassed. If that's true, that's a total bitch primadonna move.

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM

This is dumb.

it was a short paragraph, and you still missed the point completely....well done...

bowener
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Dont worry, Im sure a Zapruder-esque film will pop up one of these days.

Maybe it was something else though, maybe one of Lebron's nuts popped out of his pants or something and he didnt want that being seen.

urgmasdaughter
07-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Man has hops.

You're a HUGE Lebron Fan!!!

Quiet Storm
07-08-2009, 12:53 PM
I think the point is that, from what I gathered, LeBron didn't want it getting out because he was embarrassed. If that's true, that's a total bitch primadonna move.

What do you expect from this smug shit after the crap he pulled when Orlando knocked him and his #1 seeded Cavs out of the playoffs?

Lebronze, IMO, is very similar to Tom Brady. Whenever they win, they're very gracious, always say the right things. When they loose, their real personality comes out. The bitching, the moaning, the complaining. Everyone hates loosing. However, you don't run off the field like a 14 year old girl that got stood up on a Friday night.

doomy3
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM

This is dumb.

Do you purposely try to start arguments that aren't there?

Saulbadguy
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I am willing to bet that it was more Nike's doing than it was LeBron.

Buck
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
You're a HUGE Lebron Fan!!!

Um. No.

bkkcoh
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Nike should have signed the guy immediately! and then had the rights to the video.

Brock
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM

This is dumb.

MJ didn't act a bitch about it.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I'd laugh if they tried to take it from me.

the Talking Can
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
that's what I don't understand, some nike lackey asks for your film and you act like he's a cop?

"fuck off".....that's my response...

Saccopoo
07-08-2009, 03:08 PM

He isn't. Wilt is.

This is dumb.

Dunno. Maybe he did get it fierce. Almost have to think that he did if he went and got someone to confiscate tapes from everyone. Pretty weak sauce on LeBron's part, and probably will cause more of a stir than if he just let it go.

Sure-Oz
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd laugh if they tried to take it from me.

I don't get why they handed it over....:shake:

keep it, make copies, hell ask for a price

Basileus777
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Man has hops.

What? Courtney Lee already did it in a playoff game.

Coach
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I can see that Nike has opened the door of getting sued

urgmasdaughter
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Um. No.

You were the one sayin he was BETTER than Kobe!

Buck
07-08-2009, 06:58 PM
You were the one sayin he was BETTER than Kobe!

Eat a dick, fag-butt

Jerm
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Dont worry, Im sure a Zapruder-esque film will pop up one of these days.

Maybe it was something else though, maybe one of Lebron's nuts popped out of his pants or something and he didnt want that being seen.

Back and to the left.....

KcMizzou
07-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Lebronze, IMO, is very similar to Tom Brady. Whenever they win, they're very gracious, always say the right things. When they loose, their real personality comes out. The bitching, the moaning, the complaining. Everyone hates loosing. However, you don't run off the field like a 14 year old girl that got stood up on a Friday night.I thought that was commonly known as "Pulling a Tomlinson."

Hog Rider
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Me thinks Le Bra's panties are bunched up too tight!

GoHuge
07-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I love Lebron but what a total bitch move. A bigger bitch move was the guy handing over the tape. This has been something that Lebron could have shown a little grace in handling and made himself look even better. Just tell the dude nice job or do a little presser saying something nice about the kid. Give him some props Lebron. The kid worships you which is why he's at your "elite" camp. He would have had his fifteen minutes and a spot on YouTube. No damage to your "brand." If your afraid somebody is going to show the "chosen one" up, just invite a bunch of white suburban kids. Everybody loves and respects you, be worthy of respect.

KcMizzou
07-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I love Lebron but what a total bitch move. A bigger bitch move was the guy handing over the tape. This has been something that Lebron could have shown a little grace in handling and made himself look even better. Just tell the dude nice job or do a little presser saying something nice about the kid. Give him some props Lebron. The kid worships you which is why he's at your "elite" camp. He would have had his fifteen minutes and a spot on YouTube. No damage to your "brand." If your afraid somebody is going to show the "chosen one" up, just invite a bunch of white suburban kids. Everybody loves and respects you, be worthy of respect.Completely agree. Nice post.

Ari Chi3fs
07-08-2009, 11:30 PM
this could have helped that other kids brandability... LeBron owes him some money. IMO

Dante84
07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
If the guy/s refuse/s, he/they will be blacklisted and never allowed in to any major sporting event as a journalist/photographer ever again.

I doubt the guy/s were willing to throw away his/their career/s for something so insignificant at the time.

Or if their media outlet got blacklisted. All it would take is one threatening call to the guys boss and he is fired faster than a 15 year old's first bj.

JohnnyV13
07-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Nike should have signed the guy immediately! and then had the rights to the video.

Exactly, something about how you can achieve anything if you work hard enough. Show some unknown college player dunking on LeBron. Show nike logo at the end....

Great commercial.

Micjones
07-09-2009, 06:29 AM
He isn't. Wilt is.

Yeah...no.
Wilt played in an era where Centers were routinely 4-5 inches shorter and significantly inferior players.

MJ had more rings, more MVP's, more Finals MVP's, more All-Star Game berths...

DaKCMan AP
07-09-2009, 06:34 AM
What? Courtney Lee already did it in a playoff game.

This.

Crashride
07-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Exactly, something about how you can achieve anything if you work hard enough. Show some unknown college player dunking on LeBron. Show nike logo at the end....

Great commercial.

That would be a refreshing insta-classic commercial.

Brock
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
If the guy/s refuse/s, he/they will be blacklisted and never allowed in to any major sporting event as a journalist/photographer ever again.

I doubt the guy/s were willing to throw away his/their career/s for something so insignificant at the time.

Or if their media outlet got blacklisted. All it would take is one threatening call to the guys boss and he is fired faster than a 15 year old's first bj.

I think you overestimate Nike's influence.

Lzen
07-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Why did they give up the film? I would have told them to **** right off.

I was wondering that same thing. "we're gonna have to confiscate that tape". "GFY!"

Bwana
07-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Just another example of why I could never bring myself to become an NBA fan.

Sure-Oz
07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm sure this video will get out, hell he might as well let it get out anyway, everyone and their mom knows about it now

Groves
07-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Maybe it's not all to protect Lebron's image, but simply getting exclusive rights to the film footage that they'll use someday.

orange
07-22-2009, 08:49 AM
The Video LeBron Never Wanted You to See!!!
Posted Jul 22nd 2009 9:25AM by TMZ Staff

The DUNK!!!! We got footage of THE DUNK!!!!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/07/0722_lebron_dunk_tmz.jpg

You know what we're talking about -- the legendary moment where some virtually unknown college kid blasted a two-handed dunk right in King James' FACE -- at his very own LeBron James summer basketball camp!!

LeBron's people and Nike reportedly confiscated all video proof of the moment LeBron got taken to the HOLE -- but we finally found the one SURVIVING copy of the moment LeBron became LeBitch ... and it's awesome!!!!

We're going to premiere the footage on TMZ TV tonight -- but we'll post the uncut in-your-face slam on the website at 6:45 PM EST.

So check back ... you definitely wanna WITNESS this!!!

http://www.tmz.com/

Sure-Oz
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Only TMZ, LOL @ Lebron, can't wait to see this

Crashride
07-22-2009, 09:28 AM
NICE!!! finally someone has the balls to show it.

Sure-Oz
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
the video is up, and pretty much sucks...

far away you can hardly see him...my imagination shows a side view of him getting posterized, not from a far distance and you cant even see it

Param
07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
That actually sucked. The story was better than the actual dunk on Lebron.

Param
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Vince Carter's dunk on Weiss is still probably my all-time favorite.