View Full Version : Chiefs Herb Taylor

dshyne101
07-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Can someone tell me whats goin on with him plz i mean why isnt he getting a chance at right tackle? Im not trying to knock DMac bc he showed up in the last 5 games in the season with a good performance but whats wrong with Herb that he isnt getting a shot at that position at least till colin brown takes over next year?

RealSNR
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Herm put him at backup LT. He did a great job there.

Then when the line depth got wacky he moved him around.

I hope Haley finds a spot for him on the line. He really is one of our 5 best linemen at this point, and should be starting.

LaChapelle
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I gather from a CP avatar he can't keep his weight up. The ladies are keeping him thin.

rad
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Herb can step in if Albert gets hurt with little dropoff......that's valuable.

BarrySPAMAID
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Switching sides might be an issue, but I would really like to take a look at him over at RT. just a look in camp. If not, he is a very suitable backup to Brandon Albert regardless. I have always been a big fan of Herbs.

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2009, 04:51 PM
JFC.

Use the search function.

Taylor will never be effective on the right side.

He's too small and doesn't have the right skillset.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Can someone tell me whats goin on with him plz i mean why isnt he getting a chance at right tackle? Im not trying to knock DMac bc he showed up in the last 5 games in the season with a good performance but whats wrong with Herb that he isnt getting a shot at that position at least till colin brown takes over next year?

6-3 295

Hes too short, and too light. Hell after Haley's OTA's hes probably even lighter now.

He needs to play guard on a zone blocking team... for our team backup LT is his best bet. He could start at OG if someone goes down...

Micjones
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
JFC.

Use the search function.

Posted via Mobile Device

Thank God somebody said it. I'm tired of saying it.

DaneMcCloud
07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Right on, Mic!

I'm in Vegas, yet it annoyed me enough to post!
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
JFC.

Use the search function.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. We've had many a discussion about this. Even within the last few days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Noss
07-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Herm put him at backup LT. He did a great job there.

Then when the line depth got wacky he moved him around.

I hope Haley finds a spot for him on the line. He really is one of our 5 best linemen at this point, and should be starting.

I agree. When Herb Taylor came in for Branden Albert their was no drop off in play at LT.

milkman
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I agree. When Herb Taylor cames in for Branden Albert their it no drop off in play.

Should read; "Last year when Taylor came in for Albert, there wasn't any dropoff"

I think we'll see Albert make huge strides this season on his way to becoming one of the top 3 LTs in the league.

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Should read; "Last year when Taylor came in for Albert, there wasn't any dropoff"

I think we'll see Albert make huge strides this season on his way to becoming one of the top 3 LTs in the league.

That would be awesome. Unfortunately, you're probably a better RT that what we have on the roster.

Mr. Krab
07-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Well Taylor is gonna have a chance with 2 almost completely different evaluation people so if he can't get it done then he probably doesn't deserve it.

milkman
07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
That would be awesome. Unfortunately, you're probably a better RT that what we have on the roster.

I dunno.

I still think Barry Richardson has good upside potential if he can be motivated.

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I dunno.

I still think Barry Richardson has good upside potential if he can be motivated.

I'm hoping so. I posted in another thread that it would be optimal if he were to step up to his potential. But I'm not terribly optimistic. Especially considering how the rest of the class panned out.

kstater
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Eye dant no wutz wrong wit hme.

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Eye dant no wutz wrong wit hme.

:spock:

What am I missing?

milkman
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM

What am I missing?

He's mocking Dshyne.

Buehler445
07-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Heh. I guess I tuned that garbage out.

BigRichard
07-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I haven't seen WKRP in Cincinnati in a long time. I loved that show.

Titty Meat
07-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree. When Herb Taylor came in for Branden Albert their was no drop off in play at LT.

You didn't watch the Carolina game?

BossChief
07-11-2009, 12:47 AM
If Waters moves on, I wouldnt be surprised if Albert is moved to lg and Herb plays lt.

Herb may have been our best lineman in camp last year.

Buehler445
07-11-2009, 12:52 AM
If Waters moves on, I wouldnt be surprised if Albert is moved to lg and Herb plays lt.

Herb may have been our best lineman in camp last year.

You may have it switched there dude.

ct
07-11-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm hoping so. I posted in another thread that it would be optimal if he were to step up to his potential. But I'm not terribly optimistic. Especially considering how the rest of the class panned out.

What? Don't be pissin on the best draft class in NFL history!! :rolleyes:

Buehler445
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
What? Don't be pissin on the best draft class in NFL history!! :rolleyes:

I'm no draftnick or whatever. I don't have any personal stock in the picks. I just want as many of them as possible to work the fuck out. This team NEEDS talent. Badly. It's not a matter of throwing away talent, it's just a matter of another potential for a good player being gone. As much as I'd like to believe in Haley's 22 guys off the street theory, you can't fill all positions from the streets.