PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who starts on the DL and at NT?

John_Wayne
07-09-2009, 11:21 AM
<HR>
Chiefs | Magee could start
Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:49:51 -0700
Bill Williamson (http://www.kffl.com/link/3), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) DT Alex Magee (http://www.kffl.com/player/20793/nfl) may get to start at nose tackle this season.
<HR>Chiefs | Edwards could see time at nose tackle
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:09:16 -0700
Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) DL Ron Edwards (http://www.kffl.com/player/176/nfl) could see time at nose tackle this season.
<HR>Chiefs | Tyler feeling comfortable at NT
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:01:57 -0700
Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) DT DeMarcus Tyler (http://www.kffl.com/player/16256/nfl) said he feels comfortable at nose tackle in the 3-4 defensive alignment. He is expected to start at nose tackle this season.
<HR>Chiefs | Dorsey expected to start at DE
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:58:11 -0700
Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star (http://www.kffl.com/link/142), reports Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) DT Glenn Dorsey (http://www.kffl.com/player/18661/nfl) is expected to start at defensive end this season.
<HR>

JimNasium
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
WTF is going on here?

CoMoChief
07-09-2009, 11:24 AM
At some point I think it will be:

DE - Jackson
DE - Magee
NT - Tyler

TheGuardian
07-09-2009, 11:25 AM
And Dorsey will be sitting on the bench?????????

CoMoChief
07-09-2009, 11:32 AM

He will rotate in at DE. Unless by some miracle he just tears it up. which sadly I dont see happening.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 11:32 AM

DE - Jackson
DE - Magee
NT - Tyler

I don't see Magee beating out Dorsey

Deberg_1990
07-09-2009, 11:34 AM
He will rotate in at DE. Unless by some miracle he just tears it up. which sadly I dont see happening.

This.

They have already stated they wont play a true 3-4 this season. There will still be plenty of 4-3.

Ebolapox
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I could see dorsey playing darnell docket's position as under-tackle in the 3/4-4/3 hybrid that the cards ran last year. he was quite disruptive, and that's what dorsey is supposed to be... a disruptive pass-rushing DT.

BigRedChief
07-09-2009, 11:44 AM

DE - Jackson
DE - Magee
NT - Tyler
Not next year. Dorsey will start.

chiefbowe82
07-09-2009, 12:13 PM

hopefully he'll be atleast standing on the sideline

Saccopoo
07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I could see dorsey playing darnell docket's position as under-tackle in the 3/4-4/3 hybrid that the cards ran last year. he was quite disruptive, and that's what dorsey is supposed to be... a disruptive pass-rushing DT.

Seeing as how we now have the former Cards defensive coordinator as ours, I can't imagine anything else other than this situation. And it would probably work to Dorsey's advantage to have this scenario play out in that it would keep him fresh for the entire game and give the Chiefs a valuable penetrator/distruptor in the middle of the defensive line throughout the course of an entire game. I thought Docketts presence and play was key for the Cards getting through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl, and I see no reason why Glen couldn't be even more of a defensive presence than Dockett.

And by having a player of Dorseys talent (potential) available to give the Chiefs multiple defensive looks throughout the game should only work in the Chiefs favor, and would allow Dorsey to use his strengths/talents to their maximum effect, rather than forcing him to play out of position for an entire game. He doesn't have the size to be an every down interior lineman, but if he were to be able to come in and provide that explosive, up-field penetration that he dominated the college ranks with, I think that there is no reason why he won't at the pro level.

I think Glen should have a very nice year this next season, and will give the Chiefs those 8-12 sacks from a NT position that we all thought he would be able to provide when he was drafted.

Oh, and not to jump on the bandwagon, but piss on Herm for incorrectly utilizing a player like Dorsey last season.

TheGuardian
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
hopefully he'll be atleast standing on the sideline

Because he didn't make the pro bowl as a rookie? You guys are football mental midgets. I mean straight up, dumbasses. Nothing more need be said.

Fish
07-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Because he didn't make the pro bowl as a rookie? You guys are football mental midgets. I mean straight up, dumbasses. Nothing more need be said.

Why don't you go congregate with the other football geniouses then and stop berating everyone here about your superior football knowledges?

Seriously, you're a hateful piece of shit, and whatever football knowledge you may have is grossly unnoticed in spite of your arrogance.

Douche Baggins
07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Bill Williamson is talking out his ass.

John_Wayne
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
[quote=Saccogoo;5889599] I think Glen should have a very nice year this next season, and will give the Chiefs those 8-12 sacks from a NT position that we all thought he would be able to provide when he was drafted. [quote]

If Dorsey has 10 sacks this year, I'll dance a jig!

Douche Baggins
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I bet he doesn't have five.

Three might be his ceiling.

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I bet he doesn't have five.

Three might be his ceiling.

If he develops like he should, I could see him having a 7 or 8/year average

TheGuardian
07-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Why don't you go congregate with the other football geniouses then and stop berating everyone here about your superior football knowledges?

Seriously, you're a hateful piece of shit, and whatever football knowledge you may have is grossly unnoticed in spite of your arrogance.

All of the arrogance in the world couldn't equal some of the ignorance shown here.

Someone hopes that a second year guy who, by everyone who watched him play in college, looks like the best defensive tackle prospect in a long time sits on the bench? And for why? Because he wasn't some all star as a rookie. No shit sherlock holmes, where'd you park the car dick tracy?

Richard Seymour looked like shit as a rookie too. So have MOST MOST MOST defensive tackles. It's a position that takes quite a few seasons before a guy hits his stride. And some people here, aka dumbasses, have already labeled Dorsey a bust because he wasn't the second coming of Mean Joe Green as a rook. It's just beyond idiotic.

KCChiefsMan
07-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I thought Dorsey was going to be a LB? What is going on!!???!!!

Kyle DeLexus
07-09-2009, 01:55 PM
All of the arrogance in the world couldn't equal some of the ignorance shown here.

Someone hopes that a second year guy who, by everyone who watched him play in college, looks like the best defensive tackle prospect in a long time sits on the bench? And for why? Because he wasn't some all star as a rookie. No shit sherlock holmes, where'd you park the car dick tracy?

Richard Seymour looked like shit as a rookie too. So have MOST MOST MOST defensive tackles. It's a position that takes quite a few seasons before a guy hits his stride. And some people here, aka dumbasses, have already labeled Dorsey a bust because he wasn't the second coming of Mean Joe Green as a rook. It's just beyond idiotic.

I think what KC said was a joke, I could be wrong though.

I don't think people are really labeling Dorsey as a bust, but saying they don't like the move to 3-4 DE for him and think he would be best in his natural position. I personally feel he'll be a pretty good DE and will give us options to change looks on D.

Micjones
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If Dorsey has 10 sacks this year, I'll dance a jig!

I'll be surprised if he has 5 this season.

TheGuardian
07-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I think what KC said was a joke, I could be wrong though.

I don't think people are really labeling Dorsey as a bust, but saying they don't like the move to 3-4 DE for him and think he would be best in his natural position. I personally feel he'll be a pretty good DE and will give us options to change looks on D.

If anyone said it in jest, I apologize but Dorsey has taken a beating here and for no reason. The guy is playing the hardest position on defense there is, without much help or coaching in his first year. People should be a little more patient in allowing him to develop. If he's still struggling in 4 or 5 seasons call him a bust. After his rookie season? Idiotic.

chiefbowe82
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM

go reread and think about it. it was a joke captain

Mr. Krab
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I think this guy is full of it. I also think we will play as much 3-4 as we can possible get away with. This is a transition year and we need to learn the 3-4, not the 4-3.

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:11 PM

If we were running the 4-3 yeah, but the 3-4 is different. People aren't knocking Dorsey, its just the fact hes 3 inches shorter than the minimum you want from a DE.

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Personally I think this year the line goes-

Dorsey-Edwards-Jackson

or

Hali-Dorsey-Tyler-Jackson

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Hali was a failure at RE last year, but a trimmed down one might be a little better. If he can't handle RE theres no possible way hes going to be a good OLB though. I think its possible for him to be above average when playing at 250 instead of 275 again though.

BarrySPAMAID
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Bill Williamson is talking out his ass.

What's new?

anyway, Tank will start at nose, and THIS COULD BE a very big season for Tank Tyler. He had a god year last year, and I expect big things out of him this year.

Simply Red
07-09-2009, 04:39 PM
WTF is going on here?

this

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:43 PM
What's new?

anyway, Tank will start at nose, and THIS COULD BE a very big season for Tank Tyler. He had a god year last year, and I expect big things out of him this year.

Tank is all arm strength, he takes plays off, has short arms and isn't that strong in the lower body. I'm not sure he has what it takes to be a 3-4 NT. In the 4-3 sure, but the 3-4 is a whole new ball game.

Chiefnj2
07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
This years defensive plan = (1) develop Jackson and Magee, and (2) see if any of Herm's players are serviceable.

Does anyone really think Pioli believes Tyler, Dorsey, Hali and McBride are going to develop into solid 3-4 players? Most of those guys were drafted to play in a 4-3 cover 2.

RustShack
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
This years defensive plan = (1) develop Jackson and Magee, and (2) see if any of Herm's players are serviceable.

Does anyone really think Pioli believes Tyler, Dorsey, Hali and McBride are going to develop into solid 3-4 players? Most of those guys were drafted to play in a 4-3 cover 2.

I think Clancy might believe in Dorsey as a Dockett type player, and Pollard as a less talented Wilson type player.

Demonpenz
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
we need to get some value out of dorsey, maybe he can play rush end>

Buehler445
07-09-2009, 04:59 PM

I still can't believe McBride isn't a DE.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefbowe82
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Hali
Dorsey
Tank
Turk
Magee
Jackson
thats a fuckload of very recent high draft picks and little production

Douche Baggins
07-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Hali
Dorsey
Tank
Turk
Magee
Jackson
thats a fuckload of very recent high draft picks and little production

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/12/herm.jpg

Priest31kc
07-10-2009, 12:06 AM

THIS. I think this could be what they're trying to do with Dorsey. If hes the next Dockett for us that'll be just fine.

BossChief
07-10-2009, 04:21 AM
I hate to be rude, but this is just dumb, man.

You do realize that first team all pro defensive ends in a 3-4 dont top 5-6 sacks/year right? An anomoly is surely out there, but the norm for even elite 3-4 linemen isnt alot of sacks.

Richard Seymour hasnt topped like 6 or maybe seven in a year and he is a prototypical 5 technique that has fullfilled potential.

Id have to look it up, but I dont think any 3-4 lineman got 8 sacks the last few years.

A good 3-4 linemans job is to occupy blockers to allow the backers to make plays.

I like Dorsey and believe he will have some great years, but many people here wont know when those "great" years are happening. He will go to a probowl and many people here will be completely shocked because he wont even have 5 sacks when he does so...ok maybe 5.

The guidelines for what many of us have known for years for the 4-3 defense are GONE and a new light will shine on Arrowhead.

Kyle DeLexus
07-10-2009, 10:41 AM

You do realize that first team all pro defensive ends in a 3-4 dont top 5-6 sacks/year right? An anomoly is surely out there, but the norm for even elite 3-4 linemen isnt alot of sacks.

Richard Seymour hasnt topped like 6 or maybe seven in a year and he is a prototypical 5 technique that has fullfilled potential.

Id have to look it up, but I dont think any 3-4 lineman got 8 sacks the last few years.

A good 3-4 linemans job is to occupy blockers to allow the backers to make plays.

I like Dorsey and believe he will have some great years, but many people here wont know when those "great" years are happening. He will go to a probowl and many people here will be completely shocked because he wont even have 5 sacks when he does so...ok maybe 5.

The guidelines for what many of us have known for years for the 4-3 defense are GONE and a new light will shine on Arrowhead.

I know what DE's in a 3-4 do, but I don't think we will run a 3-4 exclusively. If we do make the switch to a pure 3-4 exclusive package, I don't think Dorsey will resign with us and IF he develops he should average 7 or 8 sacks/year IMO. I was just replying to someone saying he believed Dorsey had a 3 sack ceiling. If GoChiefs was just meaning this next year, my bad, I took it as Dorsey might not get more than 3 ever in his career.

Mr. Krab
07-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Hali
Dorsey
Tank
Turk
Magee
Jackson
thats a ****load of very recent high draft picks and little production
But they sure can slap fight!!!

Thanks Tim :thumb:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/04/sed.jpg

Just Passin' By
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM

Seymour had 8 sacks last season. But he's the best 3-4 DE in the game, so pointing to him is really not the fairest way of evaluating Dorsey.