PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos fans excited about potentially signing Kyle Orton to long-term deal

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I guess finally they have some positive news?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81889

Just wondering here, but let's suppose the rumors we're hearing locally and from those "in the know" are really true and that Orton has performed so well in preseason that they decide they don't want him to hit RFAgency and instead try to sign him early?

I also would love to see the meltdown that would occur if Orton was extended before Brandon Marshall, which could happen if they like him enough.

Analysis: Oh boy! It would be so awesome if those Broncos could sign Orton and NOT sign Brandon Marshall. That would be incredibly cool!

i will not be surprised at all to see Orton get extended by midseason

Analysis: Surely at that point Orton will be sizzling, putting up huge numbers the envy of Peyton Manning.

I think Orton under McDaniels schemes and the Broncos weapons will not only be successful but will thrive. The Broncos clicked with Shanahan and Elway because they were a team first and foremost and talked things over as friends with respect.

Analysis: Orton to make Pro Bowl bid? The situation with Elway and Shanahan is SO familiar. Why didn't we see this before? History repeats itself after all!

I donīt see them extending Orton until something happens in Kansas City or unless Orton totally rips it up. I think itīs very interesting that Matt Cassel hasnīt signed an extension in KC yet.

Analysis: I'm scared of Orton "ripping it up," but perhaps even more scared that the Broncos might steal Matt Cassel away from us. Apparently he's quite coveted in Denver.

The day we acquired Orton, Med talked about his ability in a spread style offense. He has already shown the ability to analyze a defense pre-snap and make the appropriate line calls. Oh, and guys will follow him. Not sure who said it first (ME!! ) but he is basically Jake Plummer and Brian Griese combined. The enthusiasm, leadership and arm of Plummer and the smarts, touch, and (doh!!) mobility of Brian Griese.

Analysis: Oh man, Plummer and Griese COMBINED? Now we're in trouble.

orange
07-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Conversely, Chiefs fans are excited about NOT signing Matt Cassel to a long-term deal.

Universal harmony is preserved.

https://www.talismangallery.com.au/shop/images/uploads/ying%20yang%20orange.jpg

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2009, 05:53 PM
LMAO Homerism at its finest!

Von Dumbass
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Why hasn't Cassel signed a long term deal with KC yet? Oh yeah.... He is planning on leaving KC to come to Denver after this season ROFL.

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
kaylore is about the dumbest person convinced he's smart, that i've ever come across.

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 05:55 PM
funny what fans can talk themselves into

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Why hasn't Cassel signed a long term deal with KC yet? Oh yeah.... He is planning on leaving KC to come to Denver after this season ROFL.

Keep the dream alive!

Simply Red
07-10-2009, 05:57 PM
in all fairness, the group over at the Mane are not terrible people, but they have more homer tendencies than we do.

Halfcan
07-10-2009, 06:00 PM
in all fairness, the group over at the Mane are not terrible people, but they have more homer tendencies than we do.

and the fug goats-lol

Bill Parcells
07-10-2009, 06:02 PM

I posted there before the Jets played the Broncos last year. there's a lot of cool people over there. but would you believe one person over there hated me and neg repped me and said terrible things to me because I post here? :(

ROFL

Der Flöprer
07-10-2009, 06:03 PM

Why not? Their team usually wins.

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey look who it is. How about those Jets, huh? Do you have an epic boner for Rex Ryan yet or what, Bill?

I'll admit I like him a lot more than your last soft bitch.

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2009, 06:04 PM
in all fairness, the group over at the Mane are not terrible people, but they have more homer tendencies than we do.That, and some have some sandy vaginas, too.

Bill Parcells
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey look who it is. How about those Jets, huh? Do you have an epic boner for Rex Ryan yet or what, Bill?

I'll admit I like him a lot more than your last soft bitch.

I've been busy with rl shit lately. real busy. unlike you, I don't sit in the basement looking at the news ticker on ESPN News waiting for the latest tails of woe. ;)

I didnt like the Sanchez pick, and I'm just about fed up with them. in memory of Logical im going to be a pessimist this year :D

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I swear, just beacuse they won a fucking SB over 10 years ago, they think they can contend every season. If Cutler was still there, I'd be worried about them. Now, I think the Chiefs will avoid the cellar...

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I didnt like the Sanchez pick, and I'm just about fed up with them. in memory of Logical im going to be a pessimist this year :D

That is unusual. Don't tell me you have your head up your ass over Kellen Clemens.

Bill Parcells
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
That is unusual. Don't tell me you have your head up your ass over Kellen Clemens.

Dude, you replied to that in like 3 seconds. that might be the world record for quickest reply on a message board.

I'm not in football mode yet, Clayton. and I am a pessimist. I dont know what to think about them anymore. I think Joe Namath sold his soul to the devil and cursed the franchise.

Count Alex's Losses
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Dude, you replied to that in like 3 seconds. that might be the world record for quickest reply on a message board.

I'm not in football mode yet, Clayton. and I am a pessimist. I dont know what to think about them anymore. I think Joe Namath sold his soul to the devil and cursed the franchise.

For what it's worth I think the Jets have a bright future. Rex Ryan's NFL career didn't start in a PR office, you know?

Half this board would trade Cassel for Sanchez, too.

BigMeatballDave
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Why not? Their team usually wins.Eh, the way they drone on, you'd think they win the SB every year. They lose their franchise QB, and get a questionable one, at best, in his place. Not to mention they have a new coaching staff, and their homerism is still full bore.

Chocolate Hog
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Conversely, Chiefs fans are excited about NOT signing Matt Cassel to a long-term deal.

What? I want the Chiefs to re-sign Cassel but our GM is smart and seeing how he plays, The Chiefs don't have to give him a contract.

LaChapelle
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton. Now that's a roll.

wild1
07-10-2009, 06:30 PM
we can only hope they do

the Talking Can
07-10-2009, 06:36 PM
....he is basically Jake Plummer and Brian Griese combined.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

god i hope so, that mean's he'll be throwing left handed interceptions while drunk....

JASONSAUTO
07-10-2009, 06:51 PM
ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

god i hope so, that mean's he'll be throwing left handed interceptions while drunk....

ROFL

Hog Farmer
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
The acquisition of Kyle Orton just bought them the next 3 years sucking cellar with the Raiders!

Mr. Krab
07-10-2009, 08:00 PM

Bullshit, Chiefs fans are happy because we are waiting to see what happens before we sign him to a long term deal. It's smart.

MahiMike
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
wow, I'm surprised Orton was still available...

Pioli Zombie
07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Long term deal for Kyle fucking Orton? Bears fans must be laughing their asses off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
07-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Really, when I made this last summer I had no idea how often I'd get a chance to pimp it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpoZvv6q0Yw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpoZvv6q0Yw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
For what it's worth I think the Jets have a bright future. Rex Ryan's NFL career didn't start in a PR office, you know?

Half this board would trade Cassel for Sanchez, too.

I disagree. I'm not sold on Ryan just yet. Isn't it amazing how four defensive coordinators have gone into Baltimore and fielded dominating defenses? And isn't it interesting that Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis were completely incapable of re-creating that defense elsewhere?

It's not hard to be a great defensive coordinator when Ozzie Newsome gets you redonkulously good players. Let's see how he does when he has to get players on his own. Mike Nolan didn't have a clue in SF and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan didn't either. I think Spagnuolo was the only guy that was a guarantee.

milkman
07-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I disagree. I'm not sold on Ryan just yet. Isn't it amazing how four defensive coordinators have gone into Baltimore and fielded dominating defenses? And isn't it interesting that Mike Nolan and Marvin Lewis were completely incapable of re-creating that defense elsewhere?

It's not hard to be a great defensive coordinator when Ozzie Newsome gets you redonkulously good players. Let's see how he does when he has to get players on his own. Mike Nolan didn't have a clue in SF and I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan didn't either. I think Spagnuolo was the only guy that was a guarantee.

I'm not familiar with the situation in San Francisco, but as you say, you can do really good things as a coach when the talent is acquired.

In Cinncinatti, Marvin Lewis takes a lot of heat for the failures in talent acquisitions, but the fact is, Lewis is given very little input into that.

Mike Brown still makes all those decisions, and to Lewis' credit, even though he's been opposed to many of the acquisitions that Brown has made, he never complains publicly and stands up to the undeserved criticism.

That being said, I really like Ryan's coaching style, and I think that Mike Tannebaum has done a credible job in acquiring players for Ryan to work with to this point.

There's more work to do there, but I think Ryan can take that team a long way.

talastan
07-11-2009, 10:55 AM
In reference to Cassel getting signed long term, I heard/read somewhere (can't recall exactly) that the deadline for franchise players is July 15th, which would be this next Wed. Is there a deadline that they have to offer Cassel a long term deal and if so is this that deadline. If it is we'll know by Wed then what Pioli's plan is. I personally say let Cassel play the first half of the season and see how he manages against the toughest part of our schedule; then decide to offer or not offer the long term deal. We should have a good idea by week 8 if he has what it takes to compete against some of the NFL's more elite defenses.

milkman
07-11-2009, 10:58 AM
In reference to Cassel getting signed long term, I heard/read somewhere (can't recall exactly) that the deadline for franchise players is July 15th, which would be this next Wed. Is there a deadline that they have to offer Cassel a long term deal and if so is this that deadline. If it is we'll know by Wed then what Pioli's plan is. I personally say let Cassel play the first half of the season and see how he manages against the toughest part of our schedule; then decide to offer or not offer the long term deal. We should have a good idea by week 8 if he has what it takes to compete against some of the NFL's more elite defenses.

I think, though I admittedly am not sure, that that deadline is when franchised players must have signed their franchise tender to be eligible to start the season.

Cassel has already signed that tender.

Bill Parcells
07-11-2009, 11:11 AM

I'm not sold on him either. he didnt get the head coaching job in Baltimore when the opening came up. and I'm not sold on anyone anymore..lol..

I do like his aggressive approach on defense though. he plans on attacking, which is a stark difference to Mangini's classic ''rush 3 lineman and drop 8 in coverage''..and watch awful qb's pick that defense apart without any adjustments. it was like water boarding torture watching that shit :(

milkman
07-11-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm not sold on him either. he didnt get the head coaching job in Baltimore when the opening came up. and I'm not sold on anyone anymore..lol..

I do like his aggressive approach on defense though. he plans on attacking, which is a stark difference to Mangini's classic ''rush 3 lineman and drop 8 in coverage''..and watch awful qb's pick that defense apart without any adjustments. it was like water boarding torture watching that shit :(

Gotta love it when suckass coaches get kicked to the curb.

talastan
07-11-2009, 11:32 AM

So Mangini pretty much ran a Cover 2 with a 3-4 lineup if I'm understanding you correctly? Wow then Gholston was a complete waste, because I'm sure his coverage skills are not that great. However under Ryan I'm sure Gholston will flourish a lot better as a pure pass rusher.

orange
07-11-2009, 03:02 PM

I think, though I admittedly am not sure, that that deadline is when franchised players must have signed their franchise tender to be eligible to start the season.

Cassel has already signed that tender.

No, talastan is talking about something else, I think.

Players who sign their tenders instead of becoming free agents can only renegotiate extensions/new terms up to a certain date. After that, the tender is locked in until the end of the season. This is to prevent players from holding out after the games have started - there's no point to, because they can't get a new contract anyway. I'm not sure that's the date he is talking about.

In Cassel's case, I read (Scheffler, I think) that it's not clear if that deadline would apply because he's on a new team.

OctoberFart
07-12-2009, 06:53 PM
GOQUEER has more posts at the donkey site than 90 percent of you guys here. Definition of a loser that lives in the basement of mommy and daddy's house.

Valiant
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
GOQUEER has more posts at the donkey site than 90 percent of you guys here. Definition of a loser that lives in the basement of mommy and daddy's house.

You act like you are going to get an argument out of someone here with that??

Count Alex's Losses
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM

What are you going to do about it?

HUH?

Bowser
07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
I am personally excited about the possibility of Kyle Orton signing long term with the Broncos, as well.

LaChapelle
07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Simms left his spleen in Tampa. Orton left his dignity in Chicago.

dirk digler
07-12-2009, 07:48 PM
I am personally excited about the possibility of Kyle Orton signing long term with the Broncos, as well.

:LOL:

Me too

OctoberFart
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
What are you going to do about it?

HUH?

Nothing your the one that has to live with yourself and tell people that you live with your parents when they ask you were you live. That is justice all in it's own and explains everything about you. It's not like your living at home because you can't afford to go to school and live on your own you just live at home because you have failed in growing up and becoming a man.

BarrySPAMAID
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
THIS JUST IN...CHIEFS FANS VERY excited about Denver potentially signing Kyle Orton to long-term deal!!!!

Bill Parcells
07-12-2009, 11:33 PM
You act like you are going to get an argument out of someone here with that??

ROFL

I just spit all over my monitor reading this reply..bwahahaha

Simply Red
07-13-2009, 08:55 AM
LMAO @ this thread.

Raised On Riots
07-13-2009, 11:21 AM

LMAO Nothing wrong with "try before you buy", and I'll credit Pioli for having the patience to approach it as such.

Oh, to have your many football woes...:rolleyes::shake:

By and large your fellow fans are NOT disgruntled with the situation and direction the team is going in. Ryan will be fine.

Bill Parcells
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh, to have your many football woes...:rolleyes::shake:

By and large your fellow fans are NOT disgruntled with the situation and direction the team is going in. Ryan will be fine.

How old are you? get back to me when you've been through 33 years of this shit...mmmkay? :D

Raised On Riots
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
How old are you? get back to me when you've been through 33 years of this shit...mmmkay? :D

Will you accept watching football from 1976-2009?

Bill Parcells
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Will you accept watching football from 1976-2009?

Yeah, thats long enough. but you're going through the elation of Herm withdrawal. be careful with your emotions. there are more evil and dumb coaches out there :(

Raised On Riots
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, thats long enough. but you're going through the elation of Herm withdrawal. be careful with your emotions. there are more evil and dumb coaches out there :(

All I'm saying is, you guys have a good deal going right now. Mangina and Favre took only a few weeks off your lives, Herm and Carl brought us back to 1988.
Ryan's not a big disciplinarian, but he does seem to create a working environment that the players are feeding off of. Your defense is set to explode, you might end up with an elite receiver before the season starts, and you've got an absolute winner in Mark Sanchez( yeah-yeah; piss on you too, you fucking Cassel ball-washers. ).

Be happy for fuck's sake.:D

BarrySPAMAID
07-13-2009, 02:56 PM
All I'm saying is, you guys have a good deal going right now. Mangina and Favre took only a few weeks off your lives, Herm and Carl brought us back to 1988.
Ryan's not a big disciplinarian, but he does seem to create a working environment that the players are feeding off of. Your defense is set to explode, you might end up with an elite receiver before the season starts, and you've got an absolute winner in Mark Sanchez( yeah-yeah; piss on you too, you ****ing Cassel ball-washers. ).

Be happy for ****'s sake.:D

Cassel ball washers? lol Dude you crack me up!!:thumb:

Your wrong though. Cassel is going to be great. Ask your new GM.

orange
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Pioli: "... but, let's give it a year just to be sure."

Raised On Riots
07-13-2009, 03:34 PM

I don't have a high enough security clearance; I'd never make it past the automated turrets.:p

Cassel is going to get his REAL shot and make no mistake; that's exactly what this is.
Pioli knows damned good and well that Cassel came in to pilot the All Star squad last year and that he SHOULD have performed as he did with that team.
Well welcome to Warts and All pal, let's see what you've got now.

So grab your #2 pencil, and write THAT shit down.

Bowser
07-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Really, I have no problems with that stance. I thought I would, but I think it makes pretty god sense, really.

chiefzilla1501
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't have a high enough security clearance; I'd never make it past the automated turrets.:p

Cassel is going to get his REAL shot and make no mistake; that's exactly what this is.
Pioli knows damned good and well that Cassel came in to pilot the All Star squad last year and that he SHOULD have performed as he did with that team.
Well welcome to Warts and All pal, let's see what you've got now.

So grab your #2 pencil, and write THAT shit down.

That's just the thing. I don't think he's being given a real shot.

He's going to be asked to run an offense behind a patchwork offensive line and throw to good but not great receivers.

I'm happy with the changes we're making on defense (apart from naming Pendergast DC), but I still can't understand why you bring in a supposed QBOTF and not give him anybody to work with.

Raised On Riots
07-13-2009, 05:20 PM
That's just the thing. I don't think he's being given a real shot.

He's going to be asked to run an offense behind a patchwork offensive line and throw to good but not great receivers.

I'm happy with the changes we're making on defense (apart from naming Pendergast DC), but I still can't understand why you bring in a supposed QBOTF and not give him anybody to work with.

No!
No, no, no, no, NO!

No Thigpen excuses! I do NOT want to hear that shit from you or the other acolytes!
This is your boy, the one that you love, so crank up "Stand By Your Man" and start gettin' to it.
He's got WAY better than what Thigpen got last year, Tony Gonzales be damned!

"But...but"...

NO!
Lie in the bed you made and deal with it.

acesn8s
07-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know what kind of offense we are gong to run this year?

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know what kind of offense we are gong to run this year?

http://www.ptccom.com.ph/products/golden%20valley%20sandwich%20spread%20470%20ml.jpg

CupidStunt
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM

Oops.

wild1
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
which would you rather have, jay culter, matt cassel, or kyle orton.

denver picked orton.

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
which would you rather have, jay culter, matt cassel, or kyle orton.

denver picked orton.

Sorry, and not to beat a dead horse, but when you put all three of those together, a greater "None of the Above"-fest I can not fathom.

orange
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Oops.

That oops was simply stating the situation on the ground at the time. My crystal ball didn't tune in the Pioli channel any better than anyone else's. Still, it was an error and credit should be given where it's due - which means YOU should rep BarrysKOOLAID who I was responding to.

I still stand by my main claim:

Cassel has been signed, but I'm just not feeling the excitement here.

Chocolate Hog
07-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Chiefsplanet isn't the best place to poll Chiefsfans. Unless its the Gayhawks or Royals there totally homers for those teams

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 04:56 PM
That oops was simply stating the situation on the ground at the time. My crystal ball didn't tune in the Pioli channel any better than anyone else's. Still, it was an error and credit should be given where it's due - which means YOU should rep BarrysKOOLAID who I was responding to.

I still stand by my main claim:

Cassel has been signed, but I'm just not feeling the excitement here.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it excitement on my end either, but he's the horse of choice so I hope he proves to be a winner and a good long-term investment.

chiefzilla1501
07-14-2009, 05:12 PM
No!
No, no, no, no, NO!

No Thigpen excuses! I do NOT want to hear that shit from you or the other acolytes!
This is your boy, the one that you love, so crank up "Stand By Your Man" and start gettin' to it.
He's got WAY better than what Thigpen got last year, Tony Gonzales be damned!

"But...but"...

NO!
Lie in the bed you made and deal with it.

Thigpen excuses? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I want Matt Cassel to succeed as much as anybody. But let's face it, the Chiefs traded away their top receiver and replaced him with two good not great players--one lineman, one receiver. The offense will improve from having Todd Haley's mind, but in terms of the overall supporting cast, it's still shaky. The receiving corps has a lot to prove (esp. Bowe), the o-line has two pretty major weak links, and nobody knows what to expect out of LJ. The supporting cast was slightly below average with THigpen at the helm, and now it's below average.

KC fans are fickle. If Cassel doesn't light the world on fire, the boo birds will erupt. It's sad, but it's true. I want Cassel to see through the season, regardless of how he does, but I also realize the importance of getting the fans on your side from the get-go. And I think with this supporting cast, it's possible we could see a season very similar to what "TrINT" did when he first came in. I love the move to get and secure Cassel, but the Chiefs should have been more aggressive about giving him some stopgaps to make him more successful from the get-go.

Reerun_KC
07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
LMAO Homerism at its finest!

You talking about Chiefsplanet? There is plenty of blind rose colored homerism here as well..

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Thigpen excuses? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I want Matt Cassel to succeed as much as anybody. But let's face it, the Chiefs traded away their top receiver and replaced him with two good not great players--one lineman, one receiver. The offense will improve from having Todd Haley's mind, but in terms of the overall supporting cast, it's still shaky. The receiving corps has a lot to prove (esp. Bowe), the o-line has two pretty major weak links, and nobody knows what to expect out of LJ. The supporting cast was slightly below average with THigpen at the helm, and now it's below average.

KC fans are fickle. If Cassel doesn't light the world on fire, the boo birds will erupt. It's sad, but it's true. I want Cassel to see through the season, regardless of how he does, but I also realize the importance of getting the fans on your side from the get-go. And I think with this supporting cast, it's possible we could see a season very similar to what "TrINT" did when he first came in. I love the move to get and secure Cassel, but the Chiefs should have been more aggressive about giving him some stopgaps to make him more successful from the get-go.

Let me put it this way:

I've been hearing complaints about the line since Grunhardt, Szott, and Saleaumua roamed the plains; it never stops regardless of who's in there.
It's always someone's fault at the line, in the receiving corps etc, etc, if the Quarterback struggles or comes up short.

So what I'm saying is:

It's chicken salad time, motherfucker; make it work.

doomy3
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Let me put it this way:

I've been hearing complaints about the line since Grunhardt, Szott, and Saleaumua roamed the plains; it never stops regardless of who's in there.
It's always someone's fault at the line, in the receiving corps etc, etc, if the Quarterback struggles or comes up short.

So what I'm saying is:

It's chicken salad time, mother****er; make it work.

Yeah, that Saleaumua is my favorite all time Chiefs' offensive lineman.

orange
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM

He was drafted by Carl Peterson you know. ;)

doomy3
07-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Carl Peterson really knew how to draft offensive linemen, like Dan Saleaumua.

reiko57
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM

your in for a rude awakening sir

chiefzilla1501
07-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Let me put it this way:

So what I'm saying is:

True, but in this case, we're talking about an offensive line that got two QBs killed and forced the Chiefs to revert into a gimmick shotgun offense with a third-string QB. And all the Chiefs did to improve that offensive line was to bring in a declining interior lineman.

The QB can't do it alone. Unfortunately, the fans don't really understand that. The fans on CP might, but not the ones who make the biggest noise in the bleachers. I'm not saying they need to bring in pro bowl players. But I don't understand the approach of not bringing in some more stopgaps and trading away one of your pro bowl "receivers." The unfortunate reality is, even if Cassel has three defenders in his face every time the ball is snapped, the fans will blame it on him, fair or not.

That's just my opinion. When you bring in a new QB, it's always nice to not ask him to carry the offense completely on his shoulders.

JASONSAUTO
07-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Let me put it this way:

So what I'm saying is:

It's chicken salad time, motherfucker; make it work.

Carl Peterson really knew how to draft offensive linemen, like Dan Saleaumua.

well the first quote shows FOR SURE the raised in rectums is NOT A FAN, what about the lines with shields and roaf, you know the best line in the nfl for a few years? and saleaumua????LMAO GO ON MOTHERFUCKER ,somewhere else

Jethopper
07-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Let me put it this way:

So what I'm saying is:

Chris Martin and Neil Smith were also solid on the O-line.

JASONSAUTO
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Chris Martin and Neil Smith were also solid on the O-line.

DT DT MAN he was a GREAT Center wasnt he

Raised On Riots
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Listen up fuckheads:
My brainfart aside, the point remains.

Let's see if your 60-million dollar man can fulfill the promise.

JASONSAUTO
07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Listen up fuckheads:

ROFL and what about the roaf shields weigmann waters years?

doomy3
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Listen up ****heads:

Listen up fuckhead:

The point remains.

You are a gigantic fucking douchebag with absolutely no football knowledge.

milkman
07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
True, but in this case, we're talking about an offensive line that got two QBs killed and forced the Chiefs to revert into a gimmick shotgun offense with a third-string QB. And all the Chiefs did to improve that offensive line was to bring in a declining interior lineman.

The QB can't do it alone. Unfortunately, the fans don't really understand that. The fans on CP might, but not the ones who make the biggest noise in the bleachers. I'm not saying they need to bring in pro bowl players. But I don't understand the approach of not bringing in some more stopgaps and trading away one of your pro bowl "receivers." The unfortunate reality is, even if Cassel has three defenders in his face every time the ball is snapped, the fans will blame it on him, fair or not.

That's just my opinion. When you bring in a new QB, it's always nice to not ask him to carry the offense completely on his shoulders.

The line is weak, to be sure.

However, the lack of imagination in the offense at the start of the season had as much to do with getting two QBs killed as the line, and the fact that Brodie Croyle is a glass vagina and Huard is a frightened pussy contributed as well.

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
You talking about Chiefsplanet? There is plenty of blind rose colored homerism here as well..Nothing like what goes on at the Mange...

BigMeatballDave
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Let me put it this way:

So what I'm saying is:

It's chicken salad time, motherfucker; make it work.ROFL Well done!

Raised On Riots
07-15-2009, 10:10 AM
ROFL Well done!

Technically, he WAS a lineman! :D

Count Alex's Losses
07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Now they're REALLY excited!

Kyle Orton – We’ve got ourselves a QB, he’s extremely accurate and has plenty of arm strength. We ran a lot of the NE screens and intermediate routes of which Orton looked great. I only saw one incomplete pass and that was a miscommunication with the WR. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and has nice footwork. He threw a beautiful touch pass over Lee Robinson to Jabar Gaffney and later lasered a pass to Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines. He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

But the comparison is fairly accurate. BRady is smart, and accurate, but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

Orton is smart, and accurate but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

Why not? Because his name is Orton? Orton has a stronger arm and is more
mobile than Brady, and reading defenses and decision-making is a strength of
his. I'm not going to join in and say Orton will never be in Brady's class. He may
not, but then he may, too.

JASONSAUTO
07-31-2009, 06:13 PM

tom brady=kyle orton? ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

shouldnt this be in the EPIC FAIL thread?

Bwana
07-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow, there are a lot of "special" people over there.

LOCOChief
07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
There are a lot of "special" people over here.

Bwana
07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
There are a lot of "special" people over here.

Yes, yes there is.

LaChapelle
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
The Arrowhead mullet jokes are no longer acceptable Bronco smack talk. The Mile High neck beard is in the house.

Raised On Riots
07-31-2009, 08:54 PM

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/6ed4378e/screens_feature-36888.jpeg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__u6n9EzMEpo/SSs1KJV3U2I/AAAAAAAAAgY/vlORKgw-4hc/s320/JonestownVictims.bmp

Pioli Zombie
07-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Listen up fuckhead:

The point remains.

You are a gigantic fucking douchebag with absolutely no football knowledge.

Don't be a Mr Bungle!
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
the fanbase that claimed Plummber = Elway

now claims Orton = Brady

no homerism is like donco homerism

Raised On Riots
07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Don't be a Mr Bungle!
Posted via Mobile Device

Is Dooshy douching you ever so douchily? I sure don't miss that Douchebag.:D

Count Alex's Losses
08-01-2009, 12:12 AM
REJOICE! THE SAVIOR HAS COME TO DENVER!

Let's clear the air.

Brandon Marshall will stay in Denver.

At least this year.

Now, with that being said, let's focus on Kyle Orton, the man traded from the Bears to the Broncos for Jay Cutler.

With all the Cutler talk that has been going on, it's time we focus on the other side of the trade and the man who will lead Denver into the playoffs, and put them in contention once again to win the AFC West.

Before people begin to list Orton's NFL statistics with the Chicago Bears, let's address them.

2005 (Rookie Year): 51.6 percent completion, 1,869 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. He started 15 games for the Bears, leading them to a 10-5 record before he was replaced for former first round draft pick Rex Grossman. Minus a five interception game against the Cincinatti Bengals, a decent rookie season for a fourth round pick out of Purdue.

2006: Chicago decided to sign free agent Brian Griese, demoting Orton to third string. Grossman "led" the team to the Super Bowl, but poor performances both during the regular season and post season, led to him being replaced in 2007 by Griese, and then Orton.

2007: Orton played in the final three games of the season, in his debut he was 22-38 for 184 yards and one interception. He ended the year with 478 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He improved upon his 51.6 completion percentage to 53.8 percent.

2008: Kyle was named the starter, out right. He started 15 games, completing 58.5 percent of his passes for 2,972 yards 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

These may seem like mediocre numbers at best to many critics and skeptics out there, but the Bears, for the past four years have not only lacked a premiere quarterback, but a starting wide receiver as well; at least when Orton was at the helm.

In 2005, Muhsin Muhammed led the team with 64 receptions for 750 yards and four touchdowns. Behind him was Justin Gage with 31 receptions for 346 yards and two touchdowns. The third leading receiver?

Running back Thomas Jones.

In 2008, rookie running back Matt Forte was the team's leading receiver with 63 receptions for 477 yards and four touchdowns. Tight end Greg Olson was the second leading man with 54 receptions, 574 yards and five touchdowns.

Lastly, was return man-converted-to-wide-receiver, Devin Hester with 51 catches for 565 yards and three touchdowns.

In 2008 for the Broncos, Brandon Marshall had 104 receptions for 1265 yards and 12 touchdowns. Rookie Eddie Royal had 91 catches for 980 yards and five touchdowns.

After him was slot receiver Brandon Stokley with 49 grabs for 528 yards and three touchdowns. Tight end Tony Scheffler rounded out the group with 41 receptions for 645 yards and three touchdowns.

Last time I checked, all four of these men were still in Denver (no matter how hard one wants to get out).

With that being said let us travel back to 2005, when a college senior from Altoona, Iowa was preparing to enter the NFL Draft.

Coming out of Purdue, Orton was one of the nation's best passers.

A preseason All-American, rated the third best quarterback in the nation by Phil Steele, he was considered by The Sporting News to be the preseason Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, and was touted to be the Most Accurate Passer, have the Strongest Arm, and be "Coolest in the Clutch" in the Big Ten by Lindy's Sports.

In his final game as a quarterback, Orton threw for 522 yards, tying a record held by a former Boilermaker QB, Drew Brees. Needless to say, Orton was in good company. He ended his career with 9,337 yards, with 63 touchdown passes and 28 interceptions.

Every scout praised Orton for his accuracy:

"does not make many mistakes with the ball, and is accurate in most areas.."-Len Pasquarelli

"...can fit the ball into some tight spots in coverage. Shows excellent touch and accuracy when throwing vertically..."-ESPN Draft Tracker

Yet, they all criticized him for the same thing as well, slow delivery and his lack of experience in a pro-style offense:

"Elongated delivery is a big concern. He needs to improve his mechanics by getting the ball up and quickening his delivery...is he a bit of a system quarterback?"-Draft Tracker

"Played in a quarterback-friendly offense, often works out from the shotgun, and lacks top-shelf arm strength. Has an elongated throwing motion, and throws sidearm way too often..."-Len Pasquarelli

As Aaron Rodgers can attest, when scouts begin to knock your throwing motion, your stock falls.

So he was drafted in the fourth round, and has done nothing, besides get better since he entered the league.

He led the team to a 10-5 record as a rookie, and was wrongly benched.

Then came back in 2008 and led the Bears to a 9-7 record without a number one receiver.

He improved his completion percentage from 2005 by nearly six percent in 2008, and in the last three games of the season Orton completed 71 of 109 passes for 903 yards with five touchdowns, no interceptions and a 106.2 passer rating.

That's a 65.1 completion percentage.

The comparison may be unfair, but it took his predecessor Drew Brees, three years before he cemented his place as a good, if not great quarterback in the NFL.

Is it fair to say that by Orton's eight or ninth year in the league he'll be throwing for 5,000 yards in Denver?

Probably not.

But I think Orton is wrongly perceived by the media, and possibly Broncos's faithful. He is not a conservative, dink and dunk passer. You don't throw for 522 yards by throwing screens, and you don't throw for nearly 10,000 yards in three years by throwing ten yard out patterns.

Orton is a gunslinger, do not underestimate him.

Just give him the weapons he needs, e.g. Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Schleffler.

Denver fans, if you were worried about Kyle Orton, you need not be.

In Illinois we have a theory; when a player leaves a Chicago team, he naturally gets better.

Just sit back and enjoy watching Orton get better Bronco fans.

To encourage thought here's one more statistic:

He's 21-13 as a starter, Cutler was 17-20.

BigChiefFan
08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Taken DIRECTLY from the article..."These may seem like mediocre numbers at best to many critics and skeptics out there, but the Bears, for the past four years have not only lacked a premiere quarterback, but a starting wide receiver as well; at least when Orton was at the helm."

So Orton, the QB, lacked a premier QB to help him on the field? LMAO.

You, know it's bad when you have to have TWO QBs in at the same time to help the other one out.

Raised On Riots
08-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Taken DIRECTLY from the article..."These may seem like mediocre numbers at best to many critics and skeptics out there, but the Bears, for the past four years have not only lacked a premiere quarterback, but a starting wide receiver as well; at least when Orton was at the helm."

So Orton, the QB, lacked a premier QB to help him on the field? LMAO.

You, know it's bad when you have to have TWO QBs in at the same time to help the other one out.

Don't laugh heathen! Petro, and I swear to God he said this last week, says he envisions a day in the NFL where there will be two Quarterbacks on the field!

Yes folks, 2 QB's:

A pure pocket passer, and a "Wildcatty" Thigpen/Vick working in tandem!

Petro's a genius! The next Hank Stram I tells ya'!

Oh, and the Dungver article; "glug-glug-glug".

http://www.edinformatics.com/inventions_inventors/Kool-AidMan.jpg

Pioli Zombie
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Kyle Orton. Tom Brady. Drew Brees. Yeah, just rolls off the tongue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
08-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Well there was a time when people thought Brees was a scrub hence why San Diego drafted another QB.

Orton is the very definition of a game manager, if they run alot and play good defense they can win games but their team isn't set up to do that and you'll never beat good teams that way.

Mile High Mania
08-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Well there was a time when people thought Brees was a scrub hence why San Diego drafted another QB.

Orton is the very definition of a game manager, if they run alot and play good defense they can win games but their team isn't set up to do that and you'll never beat good teams that way.

The jury is out until they play games... the schedule is brutal, 1/3 or more of the team is new, so its going to be interesting to see how long all these new players and veterans adjust to the new system.

There's a learning curve involved and it will be ugly at times, but I'm not expecting much from 2008 and fans should not be expecting a quick fix. Defensively, the team has been a mess for a while and 1 off-season won't fixt that side of the ball.

Count Alex's Losses
08-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Suddenly they are not so excited.

Why is Orton Throwing so many picks. <hr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> This is a question to anybody who has been to a camp. Okay Guys I couldn't think of a more catchy thread title and i'm just a little confused. I understand that Defense is ahead of offense at this time but why everytime i'm reading something Orton is throwing an interception. I have seen several thrown during 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. Is he that bad? Is the Defense picking up? What is it?

[quote]
I think it has to do with the fact that the balls he is throwing end up in defensive players hands.

Think of it this way, he is throwing to Denver Bronco Players

it's because our defense is so god damn dominating

But the Upside is that all his INT's look like INT's that Tom Brady would have thrown if Orton were really Tom Brady.

Our defense is all world. We will not allow a score this year.

Why isn't Bradley Van Pelt playing QB in the NFL?

He's Kyle Orton. Hello?

Cuz.

Because our defense is DOMINATING!!

...!!

Yeah, okay.

Von Dumbass
08-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I think Orton will have a great season but I don't want to lock him up before he proves himself. :hmmm:

Chocolate Hog
08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
KnowHomo, You realize the Broncos will be down a few scores cuz the defense sucks and Orton will have to throw alot? Orton was only successful in Chicago when he didn't have to throw the ball alot.

Von Dumbass
08-11-2009, 12:26 AM
KnowHomo, You realize the Broncos will be down a few scores cuz the defense sucks and Orton will have to throw alot? Orton was only successful in Chicago when he didn't have to throw the ball alot.

Actually, Orton had an 87.3 QB Rating in games where he threw 30 or more passes and a 67.05 QB Rating in games where he threw fewer than 30 times.

Orton needs to get into a rhythm. When the Bears started the game passing the ball he normally played very well. But when Ron Turner played Herm Edwards R2P2 ball, Orton struggled.

Chocolate Hog
08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Actually, Orton had an 87.3 QB Rating in games where he threw 30 or more passes and a 67.05 QB Rating in games where he threw fewer than 30 times.

Orton needs to get into a rhythm. When the Bears started the game passing the ball he normally played very well. But when Ron Turner played Herm Edwards R2P2 ball, Orton struggled.

Actually, Orton QB rating when behind last year was 65.3 with a 54% completion rating and 6 Td's 7 INT's.

Von Dumbass
08-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Cutler had a 76.2 QB Rating with a 58% completion percentage and 12 TD's with 12 INT's... He wasn't much better.

Chocolate Hog
08-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Cutler had a 76.2 QB Rating with a 58% completion percentage and 12 TD's with 12 INT's... He wasn't much better.

Yea move those goal posts

Raised On Riots
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Jesus Christ; the Donkey fans have all rushed to Mr. Rodgers studio, and are knocking each other over NY Rush Hour Style to board the trolley to the Land Of Make Believe.

I love it.

OctoberFart
10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I guess finally they have some positive news?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81889

Analysis: Oh boy! It would be so awesome if those Broncos could sign Orton and NOT sign Brandon Marshall. That would be incredibly cool!

Analysis: Surely at that point Orton will be sizzling, putting up huge numbers the envy of Peyton Manning.

Analysis: Orton to make Pro Bowl bid? The situation with Elway and Shanahan is SO familiar. Why didn't we see this before? History repeats itself after all!

Analysis: I'm scared of Orton "ripping it up," but perhaps even more scared that the Broncos might steal Matt Cassel away from us. Apparently he's quite coveted in Denver.

Analysis: Oh man, Plummer and Griese COMBINED? Now we're in trouble.

Another great GOQUEER prediction and obsession with his closet love for the DONKS. Good job.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
There are a lot of great quotes in this thread.

Von Dumbass
10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Orton will have a great season but I don't want to lock him up before he proves himself. :hmmm:

LOCK HIM UP!

Inspector
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Sometimes I wonder if maybe Orton will actually end up working out OK in Denver......

Something to think about.

Hmmmmmm......

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Lock him up Denver!!! I'd love to see his ass in the AFW for quite some time

Red Coater
10-20-2009, 02:02 PM
F*** the donkeys

Reerun_KC
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Damn, sometimes Karma is a bitch...

LOL

cookster50
10-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Another great GO***** prediction and obsession with his closet love for the DONKS. Good job.

I lay 100% of the blame for the Donks going 6-0 to this thread. Thanks clayman.

Raised On Riots
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
If 22 off the street can win two, the Great Haoli need a new GPS for the Turdmobile as they have obviously been cruising the wrong fucking street.

Count Alex's Losses
10-20-2009, 09:51 PM
We already one won game, fucktard.

We'll win at least 3 this year. BANK IT!

Raised On Riots
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
We already one won game, fucktard.

We'll win at least 3 this year. BANK IT!

I'm well-aware of our one, "tailor-made for Herm" Field Goal Awesomefest 2009 win, dick-drip.:evil:

Pioli Zombie
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
How much have the Jets committed to the Boy Wonder?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
10-20-2009, 10:04 PM
I smell a Bono...

Rausch
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
If 22 off the street can win two, the Great Haoli need a new GPS for the Turdmobile as they have obviously been cruising the wrong ****ing street.

He wins one more he's covered his ass on that moronic moment...

Pioli Zombie
10-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Watching the Broncos last night it hit me that they remind me a lot of the Parcells Giants teams. A tough, tough team that won't quit, has a lot of unflashy players and qb who just gets the job done. They'd go out to Candlestick and you'd figure there was no way they are beating Montana and Rice and they somehow did. Last night reminded me of that
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
He wins one more he's covered his ass on that moronic moment...

He'll need three to keep from looking like a total ass, but even then...

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
There are a lot of great quotes in this thread.

:shake:

In several threads this offseason, I pointed out that Denver is young, have offensive weapons, Mike Nolan and seven new starters on defense.

Yet everyone thought I was foolish, except for Denver fans.

I just don't even know what to say.

Raised On Riots
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM

In several threads this offseason, I pointed out that Denver is young, have offensive weapons, Mike Nolan and seven new starters on defense.

Yet everyone thought I was foolish, except for Denver fans.

I just don't even know what to say.

When I'm feeling down, I always enjoy a General Piolio's Fried Chicken Nappy Meal:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqQTLgo_idc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqQTLgo_idc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Wait for it...............

Wait for it...........................

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ortonjack.gif

DeezNutz
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Jack black sucks shit, FTR.

First thing that comes to mind when I see that fucking gif.

boogblaster
10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
F... Donks ....

Pink Paradise 2010
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
good for them, they can have him. but what is going to happen when their defense gets weaker? tell me that..... LMAO

Taco John
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
When I'm feeling down, I always enjoy a General Piolio's Fried Chicken Nappy Meal:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqQTLgo_idc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqQTLgo_idc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What is that from. That is hilarious!

Raised On Riots
10-21-2009, 12:11 AM
What is that from. That is hilarious!

It's from the movie "Undercover Brother".

The only bad thing about this movie is that it has little repeat value. That said, the first time you watch it you will roll off of the couch on to the floor, curled up in a fit of stomach crunching, pants-pissing laughter.

It's like seeing Spinal Tap's "Stonehenge" for the first time.

Count Alex's Losses
01-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Well ain't dry.

Orton, by far. He basically combines the best attributes of Griese (accuracy, smarts) and Plummer (leadership, arm strength) and had a pretty good first year here.

Cutler is a douchebag and a traitor to this franchise and it's fans, thus he is barely worthy of being on this list. That, and I got real ****ing sick of him throwing dumb**** interceptions and consistently collapsing in the clutch.